Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Meanwhile, there are certain sports as (if not more) demanding as fucking racquetball, and way less boring, that are completely ignored by the media, for reasons.

The French team has been a world champion for decades (almost). We took Excalibur back many, many times. All those champion people are close friends. I once was videoman for the team, and permanent videoman for the "junior team". Earned me the status of "athlète de haut niveau".

But nobody gives a fuck about skydiving. Much more interesting to molest a ball with cat guts, I guess...

/not bitter at all

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Oh God another ThunderFoot Epic - in the time it takes to watch we could be to Alpha Centuri and back.
I take it he doesn't think its a good idea?

=
I think I'll listen to Neil deGrasse Tyson before that scruffy cunt ThunderBore. :roll:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I think I'll listen to Neil deGrasse Tyson before that scruffy cunt ThunderBore. :roll:
Tyson points out there is already a space command attached to the US air force. He then says that we need to protect our satellites, but gives absolutely no plan on how to do this and doesn't even start to describe how this would be possible. He goes on to say that it would be a good idea to weaponize space without describing what sort of weapons you would put up there and what would be the advantage of having them there.
If you care to watch Thunderbore , he actually addresses why this is a useless idea.
He does have a good idea about working on a system to protect us against asteroids, but I don't see why it would be necessary to create an entirely new branch of military bureaucracy to do this.
Tyson is blowing hot air on this one. Besides, didn't he go to jail for rape?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Never listen to boxers.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: Now and then I wonder if I should be afraid of something. I assume you know what a bacterial growth curve looks like - exponential growth, then a levelling, followed by a drastic fall as most of the population dies as the resources of the agar plate are exhausted. A few economists have pointed out that there are parallels in their field, and the only way to artificially stimulate the curve of a society's population growth into not collapsing so soon is to import people into an economy (just as the addition of more bacteria briefly turns the curve upwards, although eventually bringing on the collapse all the sooner). While I am capable of imagining our governments as being stupid enough (especially that in the UK, which I left disenchanted), or SJW-malign enough (especially that in Canada, which I moved to - aye me!) to oversee such ridiculous policing policies, I have to remember that whilst the conspiracy theory of history is less often right than the cock-up theory, it might still be true now and then. Is the UK economy being artificially, but deliberately, stimulated by the importation of large numbers of warm bodies? Is that project important enough for short-term financial survival to justify measures that suppress the unrest of the native population such as rah-rah hooray multi-culturalism, diversity-is-our-strength, and policing of hate-tweets etc? After all, if the European neighbours have just had a massive boost (i.e. moved back down the growth curve) as a result of immigration, must one not keep up with the bacterial Joneses? (No jokes, please, about cultures.)

OK, that's what's happening, with no argument; it is an obvious benefit of massive immigration - but is it deliberate? And are the social/policing policies a way of prolonging the agony? We all have bad dreams now and then: that is one of mine.
I believe I may have just recently prohibited myself from answering this sort of question on the UDT.

So I'll be brief:
1) immigration, both of low- and high-skilled laborers, benefits only the elite, as it lowers labor costs which are not passed on to the customer;
2) All of the other many rationales for immigration are a crock of shit, and several contradictory;
3) That SJWs blindly accept all these rationales and, when conducting immigration apologetics, rapidly cycle through through them, indicates there is a subliminal, pathological motivation for SJW love of immigration;
4) I posit that motivation to be: self-hatred (oikophobia) of western culture manifesting as a death wish.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Never listen to boxers.
What about labs?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Lying fuckers. Not even made of gold.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Lying fuckers. Not even made of gold.
May you Rott in Heeler for that slur!

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I am deeply skeptical of Peterson's diet tips (even if it works for him, diets tend to have varied results for different people), along with some of the other stuff he comes out with, however, the Guardian can STFU given the number of diet and New Age bandwagons they have jumped on over the decades.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

CommanderTuvok wrote: I am deeply skeptical of Peterson's diet tips (even if it works for him, diets tend to have varied results for different people), along with some of the other stuff he comes out with, however, the Guardian can STFU given the number of diet and New Age bandwagons they have jumped on over the decades.
He never calls them diet tips as far as I know. He is very clear that he is not a nutritionist and is simply stating that this works for him and his conditions. I don;t know if he has said it as explicitly, but I think he would say that for him the cessation of his symptoms outweighs any side effects of the diet (so far).

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I believe I may have just recently prohibited myself from answering this sort of question on the UDT.

So I'll be brief:
1) immigration, both of low- and high-skilled laborers, benefits only the elite, as it lowers labor costs which are not passed on to the customer;
2) All of the other many rationales for immigration are a crock of shit, and several contradictory;
3) That SJWs blindly accept all these rationales and, when conducting immigration apologetics, rapidly cycle through through them, indicates there is a subliminal, pathological motivation for SJW love of immigration;
4) I posit that motivation to be: self-hatred (oikophobia) of western culture manifesting as a death wish.
A critique that demands to be extended to political ideologies and structures which enable and promote high rates of inflow and the old lie that diversity is strength.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The Herald Sun has doubled down on cartoon-gate.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

They will never be able to censor the Resident Pit Cartoonists!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:17 pm
I am deeply skeptical of Peterson's diet tips (even if it works for him, diets tend to have varied results for different people), along with some of the other stuff he comes out with, however, the Guardian can STFU given the number of diet and New Age bandwagons they have jumped on over the decades.
Yes different diets have different results for different people. The reason(s) for this appear to be not closely examined at all. Almost as if there is an assumption that all humans are similar?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Meanwhile,

There is something that smells about this story. I can not quite put my finger on it though.

As usual, follow the link, read the story linked to in the tweet The Worst Police Shooting Yet
This is what we know so far. Jean was home alone in his apartment in the South Side Flats complexin Dallas when police officer Amber Guyger entered and shot him dead. The precise chain of events is somewhat disputed.
Perhaps we will learn more eventually?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: A critique that demands to be extended to political ideologies and structures which enable and promote high rates of inflow and the old lie that diversity is strength.
Tucker Carlson just asking how, exactly, diversity is our strength, is racist.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

https://gab.ai/a/posts/34531508
Andrew Torba [CEO gab.ai]
Here is the full list of "hate words" for the Google Play version of the Android app.

"bitch", "chinaman", "chinamen", "chink", "crip", "cunt", "dago", "daygo", "dego", "dick", "douchebag", "dyke", "fag", "fatass", "fatso", "gash", "gimp", "golliwog", "gook", "gyp", "halfbreed", "half-breed", "homo", "hooker", "jap", "kike", "kraut", "lame", "lardass", "lesbo", "lunatic", "negro", "nigga", "nigger", "niggers", "nigguh", "paki", "pickaninnie", "pickaninny", "pussie", "pussy", "raghead", "retard", "shemale", "skank", "slut", "spade", "spic", "spook", "tard", "tits", "titt", "trannie", "tranny", "twat", "wetback", "whore", "wop", "nsfw", "rape", "rapes", "murder", "murders", "kill", "kills"
I'm genuinely surprised this list is so short. I wonder how it was made, because whether I agree with such a list or not, if someone had asked me to make such a list, it probably would have been at least 10-100x larger.

free thoughtpolice

Tits is a hate word? I thought pretty much everybody liked tits.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

NSFW is a hate word?

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:20 pm
Brive1987 wrote: Possible feminist “no-man” solution

They mean it can fix nitrogen from the air like legumes, not pollinate themselves. Don't worry, gay corn is going to take over the world. :lol:
Ick, who the hell wants mucousy corn?

free thoughtpolice

I don't think those things are the cobs. At least I hope not. :puke-front:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote: As our societies evolve and enrich, you may need to re-learn some basic life skills.

PSA.

The brother of a work colleague of mine was shot and killed by robbers in his garage in South Africa, and the colleague was wounded. The robbers were not white.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Tigzy wrote: snip

Islamic hypocrisy is one of the finer spices of life.

My first thought was to point out all the examples of Islamic invasion and conquest too. But I don't do Twitter so I am glad that you had the spoons.

Has she responded?

Really?

Post by Really? »

Guest_b8931fdb wrote: https://gab.ai/a/posts/34531508
Andrew Torba [CEO gab.ai]
Here is the full list of "hate words" for the Google Play version of the Android app.

"bitch", "chinaman", "chinamen", "chink", "crip", "cunt", "dago", "daygo", "dego", "dick", "douchebag", "dyke", "fag", "fatass", "fatso", "gash", "gimp", "golliwog", "gook", "gyp", "halfbreed", "half-breed", "homo", "hooker", "jap", "kike", "kraut", "lame", "lardass", "lesbo", "lunatic", "negro", "nigga", "nigger", "niggers", "nigguh", "paki", "pickaninnie", "pickaninny", "pussie", "pussy", "raghead", "retard", "shemale", "skank", "slut", "spade", "spic", "spook", "tard", "tits", "titt", "trannie", "tranny", "twat", "wetback", "whore", "wop", "nsfw", "rape", "rapes", "murder", "murders", "kill", "kills"
I'm genuinely surprised this list is so short. I wonder how it was made, because whether I agree with such a list or not, if someone had asked me to make such a list, it probably would have been at least 10-100x larger.

Why does Google Play hate Cher? She has spent forty-five years cashing in on the word "half-breed" and NOW it's wrong?

free thoughtpolice

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Suet Cardigan wrote: NSFW is a hate word?
They're ok with motherfucker, that isn't on their list.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
I see that cockwomble is ok, too.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Came across the following parable in my wanderings around the web recently...
We flew to Athens and took a five-​hour train ride to Litochoro, a town at the foot of the mountain. At sunrise the next day, we set off on a trail that Greeks have used for thousands of years to seek communion with their gods. We hiked for six hours up a steep and winding path. At noon we came to a fork in the path where a sign said Misoponos, with an arrow pointing to the right. The main path, off to the left, looked forbidding: it went straight up a narrow ravine, with an e ver-​present danger of rockslides.

The path to Misoponos, in contrast, was smooth, level, and easy—​a welome change. It took us through a pleasant grove of pine and fir trees,
across a strong wooden pedestrian bridge over a deep ravine, and right to the mouth of a large cave.

Inside the cave we saw a strange scene. Misoponos and his assistants had installed one of those take‑a‑number systems that you sometimes find
in sandwich shops, and there was a line of other seekers ahead of us. We took a number, paid the 100 euro fee to have a private audience with the great man, performed the mandatory rituals of purification, and waited.

When our turn came, we were ushered into a dimly lit chamber at the back of the cave, where a small spring of water bubbled out from a rock wall and splashed down into a large white marble bowl somewhat reminiscent of a birdbath. Next to the bowl, Misoponos sat in a comfortable chair that appeared to be a Barcalounger recliner from the 1970s. We had heard that he spoke English, but we were taken aback when he greeted us in perfect American English with a hint of Long Island: “Come on in, guys. Tell me what you seek.”

Jon spoke first: “O Wise Oracle, we have come seeking wisdom. What are the deepest and greatest of truths?”

Greg thought we should be more specific, so he added, “Actually, we’re writing a book about wisdom for teenagers, young adults, parents, and educators, and we were kind of hoping that you could boil down your insights into some pithy axioms, ideally three of them, which, if followed, would lead young people to develop wisdom over the course of their lives.” Misoponos sat silently with his eyes closed for about two minutes. Finally, he opened his eyes and spoke.

“This fountain is the Spring of Koalemos. Koalemos was a Greek god of wisdom who is not as well-known today as Athena, who gets far too much
press, in my opinion. But Koalemos has some really good stuff, too, if you ask me. Which you just did. So let me tell you. I will give you three cups of
wisdom.”

He filled a small alabaster cup from the water bowl and handed it to us. We both drank from it and handed it back.

“This is the first truth,” he said: “What doesn’t kill you makes you weaker. So avoid pain, avoid discomfort, avoid all potentially bad experiences.”
Jon was surprised. He had written a book called The Happiness Hypothesis, which examined ancient wisdom in light of modern psychology. The
book devoted an entire chapter to testing the opposite of the oracle’s claim, which was most famously stated by Friedrich Nietzsche: “What doesn’t kill
me makes me stronger.”1 Jon thought there must be some mistake. “Excuse me, Your Holiness,” he said, “but did you really mean to say ‘weaker’? Be-
cause I’ve got quotes from many wisdom traditions saying that pain, setbacks, and even traumatic experiences can make people stronger.”

“Did I say ‘weaker’?” asked Misoponos. “Wait a minute . . . is it weaker or stronger?” He squeezed his eyes shut as he thought about it, and then opened his eyes and said, “Yes, I’m right, weaker is what I meant. Bad experiences are terrible, who would want one? Did you travel all this way to have a bad experience? Of course not. And pain? So many oracles in these mountains sit on the ground twelve hours a day, and what does it get them? Circulation problems and lower-​back pain. How much wisdom can you dispense when you’re thinking about your aches and pains all the time? That’s why I got this chair twenty years ago. Why shouldn’t I be comfortable?” With clear irritation in his voice, he added, “Can I finish?”

“I’m sorry,” said Jon meekly.

Misoponos filled the cup again. We drank it. “Second,” he continued: “Always trust your feelings. Never question them.”

Now it was Greg’s turn to recoil. He had spent years practicing cognitive behavioral therapy, which is based on exactly the opposite advice: feelings so often mislead us that you can’t achieve mental health until you learn to question them and free yourself from some common distortions of reality. But having learned to control his immediate negative reactions, he bit his tongue and said nothing.

Misoponos refilled the cup, and we drank again. “Third: Life is a battle between good people and evil people.”

We looked at each other in disbelief. Greg could no longer keep quiet: “O Great Oracle of Koalemos,” he began, haltingly, “can you explain that one to us?”

“Some people are good,” Misoponos said slowly and loudly, as if he thought we hadn’t heard him, “and some people are bad.” He looked at us pointedly and took a breath. “There is so much evil in the world. Where does it come from?” He paused as if expecting us to answer. We were speechless. “From evil people!” he said, clearly exasperated. “It is up to you and the rest of the good people in the world to fight them. You must be warriors for virtue and goodness. You can see how bad and wrong some people are. You must call them out! Assemble a coalition of the righteous, and shame the evil ones until they change their ways.”

Jon asked, “But don’t they think the same about us? How can we know that it is we who are right and they who are wrong?”

Misoponos responded tartly, “Have you learned nothing from me today? Trust your feelings. Do you feel that you are right? Or do you feel that you are wrong? I feel that this interview is over. Get out.”
Looks to be a good read.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
And coon.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

d4m10n wrote: Came across the following parable in my wanderings around the web recently...
We flew to Athens and took a five-​hour train ride to Litochoro, a town at the foot of the mountain. At sunrise the next day, we set off on a trail that Greeks have used for thousands of years to seek communion with their gods. We hiked for six hours up a steep and winding path. At noon we came to a fork in the path where a sign said Misoponos, with an arrow pointing to the right. The main path, off to the left, looked forbidding: it went straight up a narrow ravine, with an e ver-​present danger of rockslides.

The path to Misoponos, in contrast, was smooth, level, and easy—​a welome change. It took us through a pleasant grove of pine and fir trees,
across a strong wooden pedestrian bridge over a deep ravine, and right to the mouth of a large cave.

Inside the cave we saw a strange scene. Misoponos and his assistants had installed one of those take‑a‑number systems that you sometimes find
in sandwich shops, and there was a line of other seekers ahead of us. We took a number, paid the 100 euro fee to have a private audience with the great man, performed the mandatory rituals of purification, and waited.

When our turn came, we were ushered into a dimly lit chamber at the back of the cave, where a small spring of water bubbled out from a rock wall and splashed down into a large white marble bowl somewhat reminiscent of a birdbath. Next to the bowl, Misoponos sat in a comfortable chair that appeared to be a Barcalounger recliner from the 1970s. We had heard that he spoke English, but we were taken aback when he greeted us in perfect American English with a hint of Long Island: “Come on in, guys. Tell me what you seek.”

Jon spoke first: “O Wise Oracle, we have come seeking wisdom. What are the deepest and greatest of truths?”

Greg thought we should be more specific, so he added, “Actually, we’re writing a book about wisdom for teenagers, young adults, parents, and educators, and we were kind of hoping that you could boil down your insights into some pithy axioms, ideally three of them, which, if followed, would lead young people to develop wisdom over the course of their lives.” Misoponos sat silently with his eyes closed for about two minutes. Finally, he opened his eyes and spoke.

“This fountain is the Spring of Koalemos. Koalemos was a Greek god of wisdom who is not as well-known today as Athena, who gets far too much
press, in my opinion. But Koalemos has some really good stuff, too, if you ask me. Which you just did. So let me tell you. I will give you three cups of
wisdom.”

He filled a small alabaster cup from the water bowl and handed it to us. We both drank from it and handed it back.

“This is the first truth,” he said: “What doesn’t kill you makes you weaker. So avoid pain, avoid discomfort, avoid all potentially bad experiences.”
Jon was surprised. He had written a book called The Happiness Hypothesis, which examined ancient wisdom in light of modern psychology. The
book devoted an entire chapter to testing the opposite of the oracle’s claim, which was most famously stated by Friedrich Nietzsche: “What doesn’t kill
me makes me stronger.”1 Jon thought there must be some mistake. “Excuse me, Your Holiness,” he said, “but did you really mean to say ‘weaker’? Be-
cause I’ve got quotes from many wisdom traditions saying that pain, setbacks, and even traumatic experiences can make people stronger.”

“Did I say ‘weaker’?” asked Misoponos. “Wait a minute . . . is it weaker or stronger?” He squeezed his eyes shut as he thought about it, and then opened his eyes and said, “Yes, I’m right, weaker is what I meant. Bad experiences are terrible, who would want one? Did you travel all this way to have a bad experience? Of course not. And pain? So many oracles in these mountains sit on the ground twelve hours a day, and what does it get them? Circulation problems and lower-​back pain. How much wisdom can you dispense when you’re thinking about your aches and pains all the time? That’s why I got this chair twenty years ago. Why shouldn’t I be comfortable?” With clear irritation in his voice, he added, “Can I finish?”

“I’m sorry,” said Jon meekly.

Misoponos filled the cup again. We drank it. “Second,” he continued: “Always trust your feelings. Never question them.”

Now it was Greg’s turn to recoil. He had spent years practicing cognitive behavioral therapy, which is based on exactly the opposite advice: feelings so often mislead us that you can’t achieve mental health until you learn to question them and free yourself from some common distortions of reality. But having learned to control his immediate negative reactions, he bit his tongue and said nothing.

Misoponos refilled the cup, and we drank again. “Third: Life is a battle between good people and evil people.”

We looked at each other in disbelief. Greg could no longer keep quiet: “O Great Oracle of Koalemos,” he began, haltingly, “can you explain that one to us?”

“Some people are good,” Misoponos said slowly and loudly, as if he thought we hadn’t heard him, “and some people are bad.” He looked at us pointedly and took a breath. “There is so much evil in the world. Where does it come from?” He paused as if expecting us to answer. We were speechless. “From evil people!” he said, clearly exasperated. “It is up to you and the rest of the good people in the world to fight them. You must be warriors for virtue and goodness. You can see how bad and wrong some people are. You must call them out! Assemble a coalition of the righteous, and shame the evil ones until they change their ways.”

Jon asked, “But don’t they think the same about us? How can we know that it is we who are right and they who are wrong?”

Misoponos responded tartly, “Have you learned nothing from me today? Trust your feelings. Do you feel that you are right? Or do you feel that you are wrong? I feel that this interview is over. Get out.”
Looks to be a good read.
It's a large expansion of this essaye.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

So this happened:

Lots and lots of people blaming Trump.

Anyway,

A few people responding try to point out that the PR Government is notoriously corrupt (true.. for decades) that FEMA responsibility was delivery and hand over to local government.

There were distribution issues (because the roads were closed, trees washed out etc.) ... but the water has been sitting there for 11 months? Sounds like someone forgot all about it.

No matter. Apparently this is all the fault of the orange one, who lives in a white house, and has interesting hair.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Tyson points out there is already a space command attached to the US air force. He then says that we need to protect our satellites, but gives absolutely no plan on how to do this and doesn't even start to describe how this would be possible. He goes on to say that it would be a good idea to weaponize space without describing what sort of weapons you would put up there and what would be the advantage of having them there.
If you care to watch Thunderbore , he actually addresses why this is a useless idea.
He does have a good idea about working on a system to protect us against asteroids, but I don't see why it would be necessary to create an entirely new branch of military bureaucracy to do this.
I honestly can't tell if you think Thunderf00t's video has a good premise or not.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote:
I honestly can't tell if you think Thunderf00t's video has a good premise or not.
I would have thought it inevitable that wherever different tribes intersect, especially if there is value in the environment, then the military follows.

We have navies to secure maritime communication. At some point, maybe not now, but sometime, space will be no different.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:
Keating wrote:
I would have thought it inevitable that wherever different tribes intersect, especially if there is value in the environment, then the military follows.

We have navies to secure maritime communication. At some point, maybe not now, but sometime, space will be no different.
It will be the final frontier.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: I would have thought it inevitable that wherever different tribes intersect, especially if there is value in the environment, then the military follows.

Thunderfoot's point is that it's so expensive to send material to space that a space force is, for now, highly impractical beyond spy/warning satellites, and it will likely continue to be impractical for quite a lot of time.

Scanning space for objects that may impact Earth, and developing anti-impact defense, might be a valid idea in the future, but it's not, strictly speaking, a military goal. International cooperation to prevent impacts has no more sense, since it's a shared issue that is not political in nature.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: I would have thought it inevitable that wherever different tribes intersect, especially if there is value in the environment, then the military follows.

Thunderfoot's point is that it's so expensive to send material to space that a space force is, for now, highly impractical beyond spy/warning satellites, and it will likely continue to be impractical for quite a lot of time.

Scanning space for objects that may impact Earth, and developing anti-impact defense, might be a valid idea in the future, but it's not, strictly speaking, a military goal. International cooperation to prevent impacts has no more sense, since it's a shared issue that is not political in nature.
The reason I said I'd listen to Tyson before T''f00t is not just because I think f00t is boring, (clever fellow he may be but his condescending vids just give me the zeds) but for the reason's Tyson gave for the inevitability of a space force. They seemed like the logical step, if you watch the full video of his Rogan talk he goes into a bit more detail than the clip I posted.
As he says, the no one questions the formation of the USAF now, I would add the RAF. formed during WW1 from the Royal Flying Corps. just 13 years after the first ever flight.
Just because space is difficult doesn't mean the military won't want to go there, making a flying machine was difficult less than 120 years ago and as Tyson says, there is already a space corps within the USAF. A space force is the next step.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Batten down the hatches Dear Leader, They're coming for ya! :?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

My opinion on cartoon-gate: yeah the Herald Sun is a Murdoch right wing rag with a history of bad depictions of brown and black people, so yes it was a crude depiction that could have been more sensitive. Lines to Charlie Hebdo are inevitable and not outrageous. Considering how insane the left can get these days, can anyone seriously not imagine a future where POCs cannot be caricatured at all? This is perhaps an early warning, if a bad example.

IOW everyone is right, for the wrong reasons.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:58 pm

I understood the point was just to spin off the existing Air Force Space Command into its own department, so that it is always properly resourced, rather than funded at the discretion of the Air Force. So, Thunderf00t's video seems like a massive strawman on the pretence of addressing some shitty video he found.

The GPS satellite network, for example, is run from the Air Force. I know the Air Force hates it because the technology is 40 years old, but they can't turn it off or upgrade it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hunt wrote: My opinion on cartoon-gate: yeah the Herald Sun is a Murdoch right wing rag with a history of bad depictions of brown and black people, so yes it was a crude depiction that could have been more sensitive. Lines to Charlie Hebdo are inevitable and not outrageous. Considering how insane the left can get these days, can anyone seriously not imagine a future where POCs cannot be caricatured at all? This is perhaps an early warning, if a bad example.

IOW everyone is right, for the wrong reasons.
On this topic I’m being twitter shamed by an Oz-POC for questioning the characteristics of an African-Australian when his preferred term apparently is an “African-IN-Australia”.

A nice new take on assimilation.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

CommanderTuvok wrote: They will never be able to censor the Resident Pit Cartoonists!
#JeSuisApe

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I’m off to google.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Apparently there is no finer fascism than liberal-fascism.
A report by MEP Judith Sargentini, which triggered the Article 7 vote, found that Orban's attacks on independent media, academics, the judiciary, migrants and refugees and the rights of minorities pose a "systemic threat" to the EU's fundamental principles.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:40 am
Apparently there is no finer fascism than liberal-fascism.
A report by MEP Judith Sargentini, which triggered the Article 7 vote, found that Orban's attacks on independent media, academics, the judiciary, migrants and refugees and the rights of minorities pose a "systemic threat" to the EU's fundamental principles.
Apparently the EU thinks culture matters more than liberal democracy.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

I see the Peterson/Harris talk in Dublin has disappeared already from the YT channel I linked to a couple of pages back. Here are the unlisted Pangburn Philosophy originals which are normally given as links to their Patreons.

Dublin:

London:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

KiwiInOz wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
I see that cockwomble is ok, too.
Douchecanoe is also safe, at least for now.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tennis officials shaken by lack of support for chair umpire Carlos Ramos
"The umpiring fraternity is thoroughly disturbed at being abandoned by the WTA," Richard Ings, a retired elite Gold Badge umpire told ESPN.com on Tuesday. "They are all fearful that they could be the next Ramos. They feel that no one has their back when they have to make unpopular calls."

The Times of London reported Tuesday "there was a growing consensus that umpires were 'not supported' by the USTA on several occasions, and that Ramos was 'thrown to the wolves for simply doing his job and was not willing to be abused for it.'"

The report also cited an anonymous source who said officials were considering a boycott of future matches involving Williams.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

"We don't see these people as Muslim refugees. We see them as Muslim invaders. We believe that a large number of Muslims inevitably leads to parallel societies, because Christian and Muslim society will never unite. Multiculturalism is only an illusion."
Guess this sort of straight talk is enough to get you kicked out of the EU.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Tennis officials shaken by lack of support for chair umpire Carlos Ramos
"The umpiring fraternity is thoroughly disturbed at being abandoned by the WTA," Richard Ings, a retired elite Gold Badge umpire told ESPN.com on Tuesday. "They are all fearful that they could be the next Ramos. They feel that no one has their back when they have to make unpopular calls."

The Times of London reported Tuesday "there was a growing consensus that umpires were 'not supported' by the USTA on several occasions, and that Ramos was 'thrown to the wolves for simply doing his job and was not willing to be abused for it.'"

The report also cited an anonymous source who said officials were considering a boycott of future matches involving Williams.
Uh-oh. It's getting to be like real life Body Snatchers, with justice warriors invading and fucking up everything.

https://i.imgur.com/T0aZz4W.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/sjwhate/commen ... oday_many/

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
"We don't see these people as Muslim refugees. We see them as Muslim invaders. We believe that a large number of Muslims inevitably leads to parallel societies, because Christian and Muslim society will never unite. Multiculturalism is only an illusion."
Guess this sort of straight talk is enough to get you kicked out of the EU.
Since multiculturalism is a blessing, they should send him a fruit basket. Right?

"Hungary doesn't want them? More refugees for us, yay!!"

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Ape+lust wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Tennis officials shaken by lack of support for chair umpire Carlos Ramos

Uh-oh. It's getting to be like real life Body Snatchers, with justice warriors invading and fucking up everything.

https://i.imgur.com/T0aZz4W.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/sjwhate/commen ... oday_many/
Never underestimate the power of stupid, malicious, motivated people in large numbers.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Triggers the unemployable.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

KiwiInOz wrote: My first thought was to point out all the examples of Islamic invasion and conquest too. But I don't do Twitter so I am glad that you had the spoons.

Has she responded?
Nope. She's not blocked me though, so there might still be time.

It reminds of some islamic apologist site I stumpled upon ages ago, where the question of islamic imperialism was raised. The imam (I think) responding to the question said something along the lines that it can't be imperialism because it's spreading the word and influence of islam, and is therefore good. Unlike imperialism, which is bad.

So that's you telt, kuffar!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Dirty Dr. Darrel Ray, polyfuckerist high priest and groomer of Amy Skiba, is conducting a study on sex habits (wink wink nudge nudge.) Gets a mention at WEIT, I call him out. Let's see how that turns out.

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... nt-1653649

free thoughtpolice

Keating wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:58 pm

I understood the point was just to spin off the existing Air Force Space Command into its own department, so that it is always properly resourced, rather than funded at the discretion of the Air Force. So, Thunderf00t's video seems like a massive strawman on the pretence of addressing some shitty video he found.

The GPS satellite network, for example, is run from the Air Force. I know the Air Force hates it because the technology is 40 years old, but they can't turn it off or upgrade it.
Actually there is going to be a new GPS deployed fairly soon that will be strictly for military use while the existing GPS will be retained for civilian use. To answer your earlier question, I basically support the points that Thunderfoot made. It is pointless at this time to create a branch of the military for space at this time and for the forseeable future. Nobody even has an idea about how you could protect satellites from attack even by North Korea. You don't need accurate or sophisticated nukes to disable large swaths of satellites. The idea of putting weapons systems in space is not only worthless, it is completely counterproductive and would just supply an excuse for an adversary to destroy them and inevitably the rest of the satellites civilian and military.
Establishing a branch of the military for space right now is ridiculous. They would be a branch of the military that has no swords, no shields, and no practical purpose or mission.
Maybe after several decades of tech development it would be worth thinking about it, in the meantime you have just created a useless bureaucracy that would eat up funds better used for R&D.

free thoughtpolice

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:51 am
Batten down the hatches Dear Leader, They're coming for ya! :?