Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by Lsuoma »

Surprise, surprise! MEPs have bent over and taken it up the date, by approving that fucking fatuous Copyright bill.

That sound you hear is Apers whimpering in his corner...

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

:lol:

Norm has annoyed Hannah Gadsby, purveyor of it-doesn't-need-to-be-funny "woke" comedy, and now there's a long thread of her grim acolytes smiting anyone who won't acknowledge Norm is a tired old coot who wouldn't know genius if it punched his Nazi face.

(Note: her tweet doesn't make logical sense, but she's riffing on something Norm said)

https://i.imgur.com/47hnEqc.png

https://twitter.com/Hannahgadsby/status ... 3057644545

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

UK continues their war on free speech:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... n-release/

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

This sounds like the EU is drunk with power, or lost their minds, or carrying water for old media conglomerates who've wanted to turn the internet into Television 2.0 since day one... I dunno. It's nuts.
Google, Facebook and Twitter face big fines if they don’t remove extremist content within an hour

Remove extremist posts in an hour or face fines, European Commission tells tech giants

Google, Twitter and Facebook could face fines from the EU if they fail to take down extremist content within one hour, the European Commission president has warned.

“One hour is the decisive time window the greatest damage takes place,” Jean-Claude Juncker said in his annual State of the Union address to the European Parliament.

Technology giants have come under sustained criticism for not doing enough to prevent material linked to terrorists, racists and other violent groups circulating on their platforms.

In March, the companies were given three months to demonstrate that they were acting faster to take down offending material, but EU regulators say too little has been done.

Under the Commission’s new proposal, which will need backing from EU member states and the European Parliament, internet firms could face fines fo up to 4 per cent of turnover if they fail to take down offending material within an hour of being notified of its existence.

The draft rules will demand the national governments have the capacity to identify extremist content online, and put in place sanctions and an appeals procedure.

Google, Facebook and Twitter have all pledged to crack down on extremist material after public outcry and calls from politicians.

In December, the chair of the Commons Home Affairs Committee accused Facebook, Twitter and YouTube of creating a “bubble of hate” with their algorithms.

Labour MP Yvette Cooper said police were “extremely worried” about the role of technology in extremism and online grooming.

“Your algorithms are doing that grooming and that radicalisation because once people go on one slightly dodgy thing, you are linking them to an awful lot of other similar things,” she told a hearing in the Commons.

The Counter-Terrorism Internet Referral Unit (CTIRU) has instigated the removal of over 300,000 online videos, web pages and posts in total since it was established in 2010.

The vast majority related to Islamic extremism but the number of reports about far-right-wing material online has surged over the last year, CITRU said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/busi ... 34021.html

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

Ape+lust wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:53 pm
:lol:

Norm has annoyed Hannah Gadsby, purveyor of it-doesn't-need-to-be-funny "woke" comedy, and now there's a long thread of her grim acolytes smiting anyone who won't acknowledge Norm is a tired old coot who wouldn't know genius if it punched his Nazi face.

(Note: her tweet doesn't make logical sense, but she's riffing on something Norm said)

https://i.imgur.com/47hnEqc.png

https://twitter.com/Hannahgadsby/status ... 3057644545
Yeah, he crimed against nature in this interview, where he said that he thought standup should be funny

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... mp-1141832
You were my favorite "Weekend Update" anchor on Saturday Night Live. What kind of job do you think Colin Jost and Michael Che are currently doing behind the desk?

I like both of those guys. I always really liked Michael's stand-up. Colin comes from Harvard and is a completely different kettle of fish than Michael. But he is an exceptionally good writer. I find Colin's jokes to be very precise and have a lot of respect for those jokes. And I think Michael's delivery is fantastic. He is also a more politically incorrect person, as most stand-ups are compared to most Harvard graduates. But I am a big fan of those two guys.

Michael has drawn some heat for suggesting stand-up comedy has lost the plot — that's its more about confessionals and identity politics than making the audience laugh.

I have never seen the Nanette thing because I never wanted to comment on it. But from what I have read about it, [comedian Hannah Gadsby] is saying that comedy is now not about laughter. And of course that's a slap in the face of a traditional stand-up comedian who thinks that comedy by dictionary definition is about laughter. And that that's your job. You actually do have a job onstage. Nanette doesn't sound like stand-up to me. That sounds like a one-woman show. And one-person shows are, to me, incredibly powerful. But it's not stand-up comedy and it's not the same thing.
That drew all sorts of nuts out of the woodwork, like this New York Times 'culture' reporter who thinks Macdonald has no authority to speak about comedy in general and/or is somehow criticizing the content of the act itself rather than the categorization of the act as comedy.

My guess is in 2019 we're all going to be full blown 'comedy is too serious to be funny' the same way we are now all they and xe, can't same lame, and can't make ironic jokes that are in Macdonald's day to day nazi oeuvre.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:20 am
Hunt wrote: My opinion on cartoon-gate: yeah the Herald Sun is a Murdoch right wing rag with a history of bad depictions of brown and black people, so yes it was a crude depiction that could have been more sensitive. Lines to Charlie Hebdo are inevitable and not outrageous. Considering how insane the left can get these days, can anyone seriously not imagine a future where POCs cannot be caricatured at all? This is perhaps an early warning, if a bad example.

IOW everyone is right, for the wrong reasons.
On this topic I’m being twitter shamed by an Oz-POC for questioning the characteristics of an African-Australian when his preferred term apparently is an “African-IN-Australia”.

A nice new take on assimilation.
:whistle:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ape+lust wrote: This sounds like the EU is drunk with power, or lost their minds, or carrying water for old media conglomerates who've wanted to turn the internet into Television 2.0 since day one... I dunno. It's nuts.
Google, Facebook and Twitter face big fines if they don’t remove extremist content within an hour

Remove extremist posts in an hour or face fines, European Commission tells tech giants

Google, Twitter and Facebook could face fines from the EU if they fail to take down extremist content within one hour, the European Commission president has warned.

“One hour is the decisive time window the greatest damage takes place,” Jean-Claude Juncker said in his annual State of the Union address to the European Parliament.

Technology giants have come under sustained criticism for not doing enough to prevent material linked to terrorists, racists and other violent groups circulating on their platforms.

In March, the companies were given three months to demonstrate that they were acting faster to take down offending material, but EU regulators say too little has been done.

Under the Commission’s new proposal, which will need backing from EU member states and the European Parliament, internet firms could face fines fo up to 4 per cent of turnover if they fail to take down offending material within an hour of being notified of its existence.

The draft rules will demand the national governments have the capacity to identify extremist content online, and put in place sanctions and an appeals procedure.

Google, Facebook and Twitter have all pledged to crack down on extremist material after public outcry and calls from politicians.

In December, the chair of the Commons Home Affairs Committee accused Facebook, Twitter and YouTube of creating a “bubble of hate” with their algorithms.

Labour MP Yvette Cooper said police were “extremely worried” about the role of technology in extremism and online grooming.

“Your algorithms are doing that grooming and that radicalisation because once people go on one slightly dodgy thing, you are linking them to an awful lot of other similar things,” she told a hearing in the Commons.

The Counter-Terrorism Internet Referral Unit (CTIRU) has instigated the removal of over 300,000 online videos, web pages and posts in total since it was established in 2010.

The vast majority related to Islamic extremism but the number of reports about far-right-wing material online has surged over the last year, CITRU said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/busi ... 34021.html
Clearly the political-power context, the definition of “extremist” plus the 1 hour window are the key issues here.

Is it about nasty thinking, nasty words or inciting nasty RL acts? Is otherwise OK stuff spoken by a known “bigot” a problem? Where on the continuum does “far right” kick in?

Many would categorise the idea of a racist state sponsored agenda against white farmers (AKA “Farmlands”) as a thought crime. Many social liberals would see criticism of Islam as cultural elitism and criticism of a moslem as racism. Few elites distinguish cultural defence from racial defence.

An (usually) unstated concern is whether these questions are being asked by good faith actors.

A typical argument against liberal democracy is that structural forces make it “slide right”. This seems to be happening on a popular level. However, power institutions appear to be developing a form of authoritarian liberalism. Which is a weird oxymoron to observe in the real world.

Authoritarian liberalism in support of mass immigation and cultural equivalency is a dystopic proposition. It’s not an ROI found in the prospectus of Enlightenment Inc.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

The only time Hannah Gadsby has made me laugh is this screenshot:

Hannah.png
(266.98 KiB) Downloaded 539 times

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Hunt wrote: My opinion on cartoon-gate: yeah the Herald Sun is a Murdoch right wing rag with a history of bad depictions of brown and black people, so yes it was a crude depiction that could have been more sensitive. Lines to Charlie Hebdo are inevitable and not outrageous. Considering how insane the left can get these days, can anyone seriously not imagine a future where POCs cannot be caricatured at all? This is perhaps an early warning, if a bad example.

On this topic I’m being twitter shamed by an Oz-POC for questioning the characteristics of an African-Australian when his preferred term apparently is an “African-IN-Australia”.

Dixie?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Shitlords in suits at the Tower of Babel.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Why is that guy wearing beer caps in his ears?

Keating

Post by Keating »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:39 am
Actually there is going to be a new GPS deployed fairly soon that will be strictly for military use while the existing GPS will be retained for civilian use. To answer your earlier question, I basically support the points that Thunderfoot made. It is pointless at this time to create a branch of the military for space at this time and for the forseeable future. Nobody even has an idea about how you could protect satellites from attack even by North Korea. You don't need accurate or sophisticated nukes to disable large swaths of satellites. The idea of putting weapons systems in space is not only worthless, it is completely counterproductive and would just supply an excuse for an adversary to destroy them and inevitably the rest of the satellites civilian and military.
Establishing a branch of the military for space right now is ridiculous. They would be a branch of the military that has no swords, no shields, and no practical purpose or mission.
Maybe after several decades of tech development it would be worth thinking about it, in the meantime you have just created a useless bureaucracy that would eat up funds better used for R&D.
I'm not disagreeing that it is incredibly hard to defend satellites or put people in space. Nor am I suggesting that it is a good idea to put weapons in space. I just honestly haven't seen anything to suggest that Space Force intends to do this, rather than simply elevating the existing Air Force Space Command into it's own division of the military. I'm not even suggesting that even this reduced idea is good. I have no real opinion on the matter, although my gut reaction is slightly negative. I'm simply saying that Thunderf00t's video doesn't argue against that point, but rather what seems a strawman to me.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Incidentally, the US military has also been looking into other kinds of positioning systems, given how easy it is to do GPS jamming. (I've worked in the positioning industry.) Timing is the bigger problem many world governments are concerned about. The entire financial system, for example, is very dependent on accurate timestamps of transactions, and much of that depends on GPS time. (You can get atomic clock accurate time from GPS as well as position.)

Keating

Post by Keating »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:06 pm
Brive1987 wrote:

Kiwis aren't human, so they don't count as POCs.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Guest_b8931fdb wrote: My guess is in 2019 we're all going to be full blown 'comedy is too serious to be funny' the same way we are now all they and xe, can't same lame, and can't make ironic jokes that are in Macdonald's day to day nazi oeuvre.
Yep, I'm certain you're going to be right about that.

Long ago, Steve Martin got laughs with noir pronouncements like "Comedy isn't pretty." One of the reasons they were funny was the guy coming up with them was a self-important blowhard.

And right now, I can hear an SJW say the same thing and mean it. With an audience that nods along solemnly. Some of them weeping :lol:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote: Clearly the political-power context, the definition of “extremist” plus the 1 hour window are the key issues here.
The EU is demanding a monstrous amount of surveillance and no one can be sure whatever they do will be enough. That one hour window, plus hefty fine (I don't know what "4 percent of turnover" means, but 4 percent of anything belonging to Google is going to be staggering), will make everyone vulnerable to the same kind of brigading we already see on social media. If SJWs start squalling in unison, it'll always be safer to delete immediately and sort out whether it should've been later.
Brive1987 wrote: Is it about nasty thinking, nasty words or inciting nasty RL acts? Is otherwise OK stuff spoken by a known “bigot” a problem? Where on the continuum does “far right” kick in?

Many would categorise the idea of a racist state sponsored agenda against white farmers (AKA “Farmlands”) as a thought crime. Many social liberals would see criticism of Islam as cultural elitism and criticism of a moslem as racism. Few elites distinguish cultural defence from racial defence.
I think everyone will continue to downplay what's going on in SA unless Malema starts selling wallets made from white farmers. Short of that, in future memoirs there'll probably be a lot of "regrets" about not doing something sooner :(
That comes to only around 100 a day. Or 4 an hour. Most of them are likely forum posts. So this dedicated government agency could only squeeze out a dribble from the presumed torrents of evil-doing on the web. It indicates the enormity of what the EU is expecting Google, Facebook, et al, to do.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Lsuoma wrote: Surprise, surprise! MEPs have bent over and taken it up the date, by approving that fucking fatuous Copyright bill.

That sound you hear is Apers whimpering in his corner...
I'd love for Peez to complain to the EU that I'm making unauthorized pics of him slobbering down the throat of the blue-haired skeeve :lol:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

:think:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Taking care of business.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

So far so good?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:41 am

If you are doing the right things for the wrong reason ... what do?

A Warning From Europe: The Worst Is Yet to Come

Polarization. Conspiracy theories. Attacks on the free press. An obsession with loyalty. Recent events in the United States follow a pattern Europeans know all too well.

BTW... before you click on the link, set aside 10-15 mins.... or just read the summary below:
Given the right conditions, any society can turn against democracy. Indeed, if history is anything to go by, all societies eventually will.
The decision to put a conspiracy theory at the heart of government policy was the source of the authoritarian actions that followed.
Polarization is normal. Skepticism about liberal democracy is normal. And the appeal of authoritarianism is eternal.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Why is that guy wearing beer caps in his ears?
It makes it easier to tell them apart.

https://i.imgur.com/7K4ZAxL.jpg

Linda Sarsour should look into getting a pair.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

It's good to see Martina Navratilova refusing to smooch Serena's double-wide...

https://i.imgur.com/8GRlISs.png

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/10/opin ... -open.html

...unlike this freak, who'd insist we owed Serena a gift tax if she ever forgot to flush.

https://i.imgur.com/9N7NacH.png

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/10/opin ... sopen.html

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

From Navritolova's article:
Serena Williams has part of it right. There is a huge double standard for women when it comes to how bad behavior is punished — and not just in tennis.
The day women fight for parity in prison sentences (often up to 60% longer for men) is the day I give a flying fuck.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Drop everything and go restock on fresh-squeezed African. The price is about to skyrocket.

https://i.imgur.com/baZF2Ky.png

https://i.imgur.com/sBIMcOM.png

https://i.imgur.com/W9SCzOw.png

https://i.imgur.com/BjrEVZS.png

https://i.imgur.com/9piPtdT.png

(No links! She's having a spate of shyness, so her privacy shields are up)

free thoughtpolice

Ape+lust wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Why is that guy wearing beer caps in his ears?
It makes it easier to tell them apart.

https://i.imgur.com/7K4ZAxL.jpg

Linda Sarsour should look into getting a pair.

Not only the Cockroach and the Cross look the same, they are equally likeable.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

US Davis Cup players defend Umpire Ramos vs. Psycho Serena:

http://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/2 ... ontroversy

Meanwhile, ESPN has an entire section, "The Undefeated", geared to black athletes. Over there, the commentary is 100% Critical Race Theory sewage.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

So Trump tweeted

What an asshole. Our response to Maria was abysmal. FEMA should've been better prepared. And in the aftermath, we should've mobilized Army helicopters and Air Force and National Guard aircraft to deliver supplies and transport survivors. We should've mobilized the Army Corp of Engineers, the Seabees, National Guard, to clear debris and rebuild infrastructure. And mobilized industry like Tesla, Solar One, all the electric companies, even Home Depot to get generators onto the island.

NBC (everyone really) went on a huge drive to rip Trump a new one over this, and yeah, what an asshole.

But goddamnit, this article in late August from NBC6's chief meteorologist (a Puero Rican) says our method of counting deaths changed for Maria, and probably henceforth, and so it's an apples and oranges comparison.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/cap ... 23474bc3f6
Why Hurricane Maria’s death toll is misunderstood and incomparable to other disasters

The author, John Morales, is chief meteorologist at NBC6 in Miami. He is a Puerto Rican and fellow of the American Meteorological Society. This perspective was first published on NBC6’s website.

The number of deaths in Puerto Rico that can be attributed to Hurricane Maria has become a politicized subject, so much so that the media and the public they serve seem to have lost sight of a crucially important aspect of the number of fatalities being “reported.” I put that word in quotations because now that the George Washington University study on deaths attributed to the storm is finally out, it’s important for everyone to understand what is being measured here.

First of all, the GW analysis, as well as the Penn State and the Harvard studies that preceded it, all look at “excess deaths” or excess mortality. The World Health Organization defines excess mortality as “mortality above what would be expected based on the non-crisis mortality rate in the population.” The scientists at these institutions, therefore, have all made estimates — emphasis on estimates — of how many people might still be alive, figuratively speaking, had Maria not hit, and, arguably, Hurricane Irma not sideswiped the island 10 days earlier.

The GW study looks at the six-month period from September 2017 to February 2018 and concludes that (at a 95 percent confidence interval) between 2,658 and 3,290 excess deaths occurred because of the impact of the hurricane(s). The midpoint of that estimate is the figure widely disseminated by media today: 2,975 deaths.

Here’s the rub: Hurricane fatalities are not customarily counted this way. The National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center count only direct deaths: those that can be attributed to the effects of the weather such as flood drownings or flying debris, for example. These agencies also look at and separately list indirect deaths: automobile accidents, electrocutions and carbon monoxide poisoning from power generators, to name a few. Emergency management agencies follow the same model, and their officials are normally the ones briefing the politicians. So the politicians are used to counting deaths just as the National Weather Service does.

Is this the right way to count the dead? I’m not arguing for or against that point. But for better or worse, it’s the way we’ve historically counted tropical cyclone deaths. Excess mortality studies are not done for all disasters, much less all hurricanes. You can see from my summary of the Maria studies that they can vary greatly in the time-frame selected to count the excess deaths, as well as methodology.

Excess mortality requires that the investigators look at deaths that are “possibly attributable to hurricanes,” as stated in the GW study. These may include fatalities from people not able to reach a doctor or those whose critical medical equipment failed because of lack of power. It may also count those that in the post-traumatic stress might have suffered a heart attack, or a plethora of other causes of death.

Because excess mortality studies are not available for most hurricane disasters, there’s no way for us to compare what happened in regard to excess deaths in Puerto Rico to any other past disaster. It can’t be compared with other hurricanes that made American landfall, either, because deaths in those cases were counted based on the customary methods used by the National Hurricane Center, or with excess mortality studies that used drastically different methods, like this one for Katrina. Therefore, the comparison between the initial official Puerto Rico government-reported Maria death toll of 64 and the huge numbers estimated by these studies is not an apples-to-apples comparison.

One excess death is one too many. It is tragic that very likely thousands of our (yes, OUR) brothers and sisters in Puerto Rico died, directly, indirectly or tangentially, as a consequence of Hurricanes Irma and Maria. But reporting of these widely contrasting figures — 64 vs. 2,975 — has lacked the above-described context in many on-air and social media reports on the subject (note: The Washington Post’s reporting on mortality has provided this context).

When looking at the results of this GW study — the one now being used by the government of Puerto Rico as the “official” death toll — remember that it’s an estimate and not a hard count. And remember how very differently they counted.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Ape+lust wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:03 pm
Brive1987 wrote: Is it about nasty thinking, nasty words or inciting nasty RL acts? Is otherwise OK stuff spoken by a known “bigot” a problem? Where on the continuum does “far right” kick in?

I think everyone will continue to downplay what's going on in SA unless Malema starts selling wallets made from white farmers. Short of that, in future memoirs there'll probably be a lot of "regrets" about not doing something sooner :(
There will be no "regrets". The ANC knows it can get away with anything if they do it slowly enough. South African whites will always be branded the privileged oppressor class so they can be stripped of everything and the reaction will be to ridicule anyone raising the alarm. You can destroy a people without resorting to direct violence and nobody will give a fuck.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

The Labour Party in Britain getting back to its Roots

Notice that they are not proud of being the best Shadow Cabinet, just proud of the fact that many of them are immigrants or descendants of immigrants.

https://t.co/EdHe6AONlk

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

There's bad science out there (eg drug companies that don't publish all the trials that show a drug not working and do publish just the one that shows some kind of an effect) and there's convenient science out there - I remember a torrent of papers showing that nebulised bronchodilators worked so much better than inhalers or inhalers plus spacers in the early 1980's, only to see them all contradicted later by papers showing inhalers ± spacers were just as good when it became necessary to save money on nebulisers and respiratory techs 30 years later.
But now I can present an example of forbidden science:
Academic Activists Send a Published Paper Down the Memory Hole
A statistical-mathematical model on why males show wider distributions of many traits - you are probably all familiar with the wider distribution of IQ in males, meaning they lead both in asylum and prison populations, whilst also leading in Nobel awards - well it applies to lots of variables and there might be a good evolutionary explanation for it but it seems we should not be allowed to know. It might discourage the young lady mathematicians. And they will fight as dirty as it takes to stop publication.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

And the Reverend Wilbert Audrey begins some painful rotations in his grave:
Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 5.34.21 PM.png
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 216 times
- both for the silly multi-culti-save-the-planet new locos, and for the NRA take on it all with the KKK hoods. I can only hope the Fat Controller has some unusual kinks and fucks the lot of them mercilessly.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Awdry.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:41 am

ht.tps://youtu.be/-8UwmpsWPUA
If you are doing the right things for the wrong reason ... what do?

A Warning From Europe: The Worst Is Yet to Come

Polarization. Conspiracy theories. Attacks on the free press. An obsession with loyalty. Recent events in the United States follow a pattern Europeans know all too well.

BTW... before you click on the link, set aside 10-15 mins.... or just read the summary below:
Given the right conditions, any society can turn against democracy. Indeed, if history is anything to go by, all societies eventually will.
The decision to put a conspiracy theory at the heart of government policy was the source of the authoritarian actions that followed.
Polarization is normal. Skepticism about liberal democracy is normal. And the appeal of authoritarianism is eternal.
Well I ploughed through the whole thing.

It has the airily wafting try hard feel that always sets my alarms off. It wanders and circles to a structure only discernible to the author. There’s personal anecdote, feelz, questionable comparisons and mile wide brush-strokes together with fact and interesting ideas. A political travelogue masquerading as essential truth.

It would be more interesting to consider what a naturally evolved political landscape “should” look like in the context of Eastern Europe. And what social concerns or needs are met by the ‘medium sized lie” and how these underlying realities could be offset using different tools. And why lib-dem has failed in this task.

Your summary highlighted opening and closing supposition rather than demonstrated conclusion.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Ape+lust wrote: Drop everything and go restock on fresh-squeezed African. The price is about to skyrocket.

https://i.imgur.com/baZF2Ky.png

https://i.imgur.com/sBIMcOM.png

https://i.imgur.com/W9SCzOw.png

https://i.imgur.com/BjrEVZS.png

https://i.imgur.com/9piPtdT.png

(No links! She's having a spate of shyness, so her privacy shields are up)
Thank you for your sacrifice.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Lsuoma wrote: Awdry.
God, how auful of me.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

screwtape wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Awdry.
God, how auful of me.
Taudry in fact.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Jacks twitter purge continues unabated, Anne Marie Waters, leader of the For Britain movement now appears to have been permanently suspended. No reason given but comes just 3 days after her Rebel Media talk with Katie Hopkins. Coincidence?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Having reverted to paper based MSM papers recently, I can see a very stark contrast between the quality of story on their public web sites and what’s in the hard copy.

When the world turned from paper and media companies had to erect paywalls, the journalistic impact on literate society tumbled. People won’t pay a subscription and the 50c broadsheet news hit on the train is now cultural history. The shit we are left with has got to be a driver for a general lack of capacity to analyse ideas and consume actual facts.

Interesting commentary in the MSM Australian today for instance. A measured view on Sweden which concludes

“Our whole political system presupposes a people so fundamentally united that they can argue passionately yet live harmoniously...”

“No democracy can survive without a reasonable degree of cultural homogeneity”

I’d link but you know. Paywall.

http://i.imgur.com/MK3ZKal.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I don’t know if my media reflection and Sweden article reference is vile, boring ethno-babble. I’ll grant myself charity.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote: I don’t know if my media reflection and Sweden article reference is vile, boring ethno-babble. I’ll grant myself charity.
Send yourself off to the naughty corner for citing that execrable rag.

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Last night I had a dream that I had to buy apple juice for Richard Dawkins and none of the shops had any. And I couldn't find the car.

Do you think god is sending me a message ?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

piginthecity wrote: Last night I had a dream that I had to buy apple juice for Richard Dawkins and none of the shops had any. And I couldn't find the car.

Yes. buy apple juice for Richard Dawkins and try to remember where your car is.

I don't think God could spell out his message any clearer.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

It's amazing the flotsam and jetsam that occurs during a flood event.

I'm assuming that the doll has a mermaids tail?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

piginthecity wrote: Last night I had a dream that I had to buy apple juice for Richard Dawkins and none of the shops had any. And I couldn't find the car.

That's nowt, you should visit my dream head. Last night involved 1920's New York which morphed into 1970's New York, Lieutenant Columbo driving a yellow cab with a scotty dog puppy riding shotgun, Harlem globetrottes, a shopping trolley wheel, my brother and a group of drag queen prostitutes with old time cockney accents.

And I hadn't even eaten any cheese. :?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

shoutinghorse wrote:

That's nowt, you should visit my dream head. Last night involved 1920's New York which morphed into 1970's New York, Lieutenant Columbo driving a yellow cab with a scotty dog puppy riding shotgun, Harlem globetrottes, a shopping trolley wheel, my brother and a group of drag queen prostitutes with old time cockney accents.

And I hadn't even eaten any cheese. :?
Sorry, I'm usually pretty good on saying what God is trying to tell you in a dream, but this is too much even for me. Maybe God is telling you to cut down on the LSD. Who knows?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I dreamt ... nah don’t worry.

I am going through the recent UN migration pact which Australia, USA and Hungary refused to sign.

Objective 5 states:
We commit to adapt options and pathways for regular migration in a manner that facilitates labour mobility and decent work reflecting demographic and labour market realities, optimizes education opportunities, upholds the right to family life, and responds to the needs of migrants in a situation of vulnerability, with a view to expanding and diversifying availability of pathways for safe, orderly and regular migration.
I have no idea what the fuck that means. But this is how it’s going to be carried out:
Develop human rights-based and gender-responsive bilateral, regional and multilateral labour mobility agreements with sector-specific standard terms of employment in cooperation with relevant stakeholders, drawing on relevant ILO standards, guidelines and principles, in compliance with international human rights and labour law

b) Facilitate regional and cross-regional labour mobility through international and bilateral cooperation arrangements, such as free movement regimes, visa liberalization or multiple- country visas, and labour mobility cooperation frameworks, in accordance with national priorities, local market needs and skills supply

c) Review and revise existing options and pathways for regular migration, with a view to optimize skills matching in labour markets, address demographic realities and development challenges and opportunities, in accordance with local and national labour market demands and skills supply, in consultation with the private sector and other relevant stakeholders
:doh: I think that is code for international labour racketeering.

Still, I’m sure there is nothing to worry about. It’s not like there is a frog 🐸 getting boiled or anything by the globalist.
a) Enact, implement or maintain legislation that penalizes hate crimes and aggravated hate crimes targeting migrants, and train law enforcement and other public officials to identify, prevent and respond to such crimes and other acts of violence that target migrants, as well as to provide medical, legal and psychosocial assistance for victims

b) Empower migrants and communities to denounce any acts of incitement to violence directed towards migrants by informing them of available mechanisms for redress, and ensure that those who actively participate in the commission of a hate crime targeting migrants are held accountable, in accordance with national legislation, while upholding international human rights law, in particular the right to freedom of expression

c) Promote independent, objective and quality reporting of media outlets, including internet- based information, including by sensitizing and educating media professionals on migration-related issues and terminology, investing in ethical reporting standards and advertising, and stopping allocation of public funding or material support to media outlets that systematically promote intolerance, xenophobia, racism and other forms of discrimination towards migrants, in full respect for the freedom of the media
:idea:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

KiwiInOz wrote: It's amazing the flotsam and jetsam that occurs during a flood event.

I'm assuming that the doll has a mermaids tail?
The only assumption I'll make is anything he rubs up against is inert. A critter with volition would jet-stroke out of there.

Peez's wife is a miracle that happened only once in his life.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

No, Richard Dawkins is.

Unnecessary though for him to use dream telepathy,
if you are both on twitter

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Brive1987 wrote:
Puh! Let's see them cope with a wet Tuesday evening in Stoke.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

I had a dream the other night. I was in Paris, but somehow got there without a passport (I don't have a passport IRL)
and having left the relative safety of wherever I was staying - I was lost and trying to locate myself using and app my mobile phone
but my battery was running low (around 20% if I recall).
I think dreams are like the old joke about the couple's holiday films/slide show - compelling and meaningful to the person who experienced it
but mostly boring to the rest of us.
Unless you can make the telling of it interesting eg in art etc

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

The election of Trump will normalise far right, racist politicians who will be swept to power by the resurgent racist white voters who feel empowered by Trump.

Also, the election of Trump will see Democrats sweep Republicans from Congress, as people feel revolted by racist Trump.

Which is it?

If seeing far right politicians means people flock to liberal candidates, why the demand to no-platform right-wing speakers?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Criticising UK police farces gets you a twatter ban. Okay! :think:

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

shoutinghorse wrote: Criticising UK police farces gets you a twatter ban. Okay! :think:

South Yorkshire Police had issued a video, where they categorised 'Are feminists running police departments?' as hate speech which they intended to investigate and possibly prosecute.

They have since removed that video.

Remember, that comment was chosen for the video because SYP thought it was one of the worst , most offensive comments they had received.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ape+lust wrote: Peez's wife is a miracle that happened only once in his life.
Three times, to be precise.