Believe Survivors - Stollznow Memorial Thread

Double wank and shit chips
free thoughtpolice

Re: Believe Survivors - Stollznow Memorial Thread

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Not one of Kavanaugh's best moments. It seems like K had some sort of nose problems, he kind of twitches it a bit in this video, in others he was snorting an snuffling. Here, kind of a combination of evading the question, trying to waste time, and complaining about the terrible tactics against him.

free thoughtpolice

:cry:

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:38 pm
Hey TwoThoughts, you forgot to include a male tears meme, Jessica.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Guest_b8931fdb wrote:
You're turning into an annoying cunt. Please register so people can ignore you. If there are cogent reason why you can't, then PM me.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

Lsuoma wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:11 pm
Guest_b8931fdb wrote:
You're turning into an annoying cunt. Please register so people can ignore you. If there are cogent reason why you can't, then PM me.
No prob. I shall disappear and try just to lurk, probably best for everyone. Thanks for putting up with my nonsense till now.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Guest_b8931fdb wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:11 pm
Guest_b8931fdb wrote:
No prob. I shall disappear and try just to lurk, probably best for everyone. Thanks for putting up with my nonsense till now.
Please don't do that: even Swisscunts and Strinefuckers have managed to register successfully with no ill effects. But declining to register when there is not a good reason is a bit of a red flag, and bespeaks somewhat of bad faith.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

Lsuoma wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:13 pm
Guest_b8931fdb wrote: No prob. I shall disappear and try just to lurk, probably best for everyone. Thanks for putting up with my nonsense till now.
Please don't do that: even Swisscunts and Strinefuckers have managed to register successfully with no ill effects. But declining to register when there is not a good reason is a bit of a red flag, and bespeaks somewhat of bad faith.
I understand all of that and even agree with "bespeaks somewhat of bad faith".

I'm starting a new job soon, and as I said earlier, I try not to make logins so as not to get bound up in the drama. It's much more an attempt on my part to focus on work and not fuck myself over via distractions than anything else.

Thanks though, I've gotten a lot of value from just lurking here, though I do that too much as well.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Filfre. My opinion is you're being dickish, but your choice.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bottom line.

The four people at the party say they don’t remember it. Her best friend doesn’t remember it. Her best friend doesn’t know K man. His diaries rule out a weekend. He has 65 high school era vagina bearers cheering him on and no one from his circle or extended circle has a bad word. He has 84 females from the White House cheering him. He has the support of the parents of his girls basketball team.

This is exercise is bullshit.

Keating

Post by Keating »

If he wasn't going to vote along partisan lines on the Supreme Court before this process, I'm not sure that is true any more.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Brive1987 wrote: So you kinda have to have more than simple say so.
d4m10n wrote: What more could we possibly have in cases like this?
Brive1987 wrote:
Some of:
+ fixed frame of reference -time, location, context
+ people placing the two or three people together that night
+ names of fellow party goers
+ BK diary evidence of party
+ police report
+ any contempory feedback at all of the attack from any quarter
+ credible pattern of behaviour by BK
+ unique identifiers of some sort

Beyond this, it’s a lonely tree falling in a forrest.
A fixed frame of reference would be nice to have, but it would not change the fact that there were only three people in the room and you have to choose whom to believe.

We do have the names of at least five supposed partygoers:
Patrick James Smyth, Mark Judge, Brett Kavanaugh, Leland Ingham Keyser & Christine Blasey

As to BK's diary, I would bet on July 1st, when Kav was planning on brewskis with the other two young men named above.

A police report and other contemporaneous documentation would surely be nice to have, but such things fall well outside of "cases like this" stipulated above. (What fraction of assault victims even report to the police, anyhow?)

As to a pattern of behavior, we would have to bring in the accusations from several other women.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

MARK JOSEPH STERN wrote:Why did Kavanaugh say that no entry on his detailed July 1982 calendar matched Ford’s description of the party at which she was allegedly assaulted? The calendar states that Kavanaugh went “to Timmy’s for skis w/Judge, Tom, PJ, Bernie, Squi” on July 1, 1982, squarely within the time frame put forth by Ford. She also identified “PJ” (a man named Patrick Smyth) and Judge as being present at the party—before seeing Kavanaugh’s calendar. Doesn’t this July 1 gathering thus fit Ford’s account quite neatly?

free thoughtpolice

I found this to be a little bit snippy and disrespectful.

Klobuchar was too nice to him at this point and later when she sort of apologized for asking the question. He deserved to be put in his place and Klobuchar dropped a bit in my estimation for taking crap from him.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:09 am
Klobuchar was too nice to him at this point and later when she sort of apologized for asking the question. He deserved to be put in his place and Klobuchar dropped a bit in my estimation for taking crap from him.
She was just being "Minnesota nice," as they say up there in the frozen north.

What I find more disconcerting is that the self-identified "biggest contributor" to "Beach Week Ralph Club" avowedly denies any possible loss of memory to alcohol. This guy sucks at either neurophysiology or honest self-assessment, probably both.

free thoughtpolice

Aren't Zvan, Myers, and Greg Bin Laden from Minnesota?
Mind you, I'm from Canada and am not always completely polite. :drool:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

d4m10n wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: So you kinda have to have more than simple say so.
d4m10n wrote: What more could we possibly have in cases like this?
Brive1987 wrote:
Some of:
+ fixed frame of reference -time, location, context
+ people placing the two or three people together that night
+ names of fellow party goers
+ BK diary evidence of party
+ police report
+ any contempory feedback at all of the attack from any quarter
+ credible pattern of behaviour by BK
+ unique identifiers of some sort

Beyond this, it’s a lonely tree falling in a forrest.
A fixed frame of reference would be nice to have, but it would not change the fact that there were only three people in the room and you have to choose whom to believe.

We do have the names of at least five supposed partygoers:
Patrick James Smyth, Mark Judge, Brett Kavanaugh, Leland Ingham Keyser & Christine Blasey

As to BK's diary, I would bet on July 1st, when Kav was planning on brewskis with the other two young men named above.

A police report and other contemporaneous documentation would surely be nice to have, but such things fall well outside of "cases like this" stipulated above. (What fraction of assault victims even report to the police, anyhow?)

As to a pattern of behavior, we would have to bring in the accusations from several other women.
I thought Kaiser (sic?) was a required participant?

I’m not saying the attack definitely didn’t happen. I’m saying it would be nice if the people who were meant to be at the party could acknowledge the baseline social event happened. It would also be nice if there was good evidence from acquaintances that K man was a shit to women outside this context. Or something which joined dots on the specific allegation.

I know this is a job interview and not a court trial. But the job is an important one and it’s being thrown by an accusation of criminality within a political hot-war. So the lines are blurred

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
I know this is a job interview and not a court trial. But the job is an important one and it’s being thrown by an accusation of criminality within a political hot-war. So the lines are blurred
I think a lot of the reason for the heat of the argument is that the GOP senate didn't want the FBI to investigate the accusations and tried to rush it through without the stories actually being checked out.
I think that was wrong. Maybe nothing significant would come out, but possibly the investigation might discredit the accusers. If they come out with something on Kavanaugh before the vote it will have prevented the GOP from making a mistake that might come out later to take a huge bite out of their ass.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The relative approaches to the FBI is similar to when an ‘independent’ consultant is brought into a fraught workplace.

One side, usually board or CEO, is looking for an outside hook to ramp up the pressure to meet their seperate agenda. “Not best practice here and here, done effectively but could be improved, should be aligned to ISOxxx, should adhere to this governance model (utterly divorced from actual operational pragmatics), benefit from improved feedback loops (because nothing is 100% sorted), setup new oversight, employ us for future reviews etc etc etc”.

The target knows they are being setup and the thrust could come from any direction or combination of directions. So the stress and paranoia ramp up, creating new opportunities for management to leverage.

The game is old and the unwritten rules are clear to everybody with any corporate or group power experience.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Who's looking forward to BK being an accused pedophile serial killer by next week?

John D

Post by John D »

Christiansen gets this right.

John D

Post by John D »

So... I'm gonna toss this theory out to youall. The question on my mind is "Who leaked the Dr. Ford letter to the media".

Three groups had the letter. 1) Diane Feinstein 2) Dr. Ford's lawyers 3) Ford's Congresswoman

An interesting point is that Dr. Ford's lawyers were recommended to her by Feinstien. Her lawyers are Democrat operatives in my mind. This is really interesting. Dr. Ford doesn't claim to even know who paid for her lie detector test. Ford is a willing pawn in this game. In fact.... Ford may believe DK is guilty and is willing to play any game suggested by the Dems to defeat him. She is willing let her lawyers manipulate the situation so she can crush BK.

My theory is that Democrat politicians pressured Dr. Ford's lawyers to do the leak. This makes the most sense to me. The lawyers are trying to boost business and are happy to support their Democrat customers. The lawyers played this part of the game.

Discuss

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote: Discuss
discus.jpg
(10.27 KiB) Downloaded 288 times

John D

Post by John D »

This is pretty damn interesting.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Brive1987 wrote: I thought Kaiser (sic?) was a required participant?
I mentioned her above. Not sure what you mean by "required" here.
Brive1987 wrote: I’m saying it would be nice if the people who were meant to be at the party could acknowledge the baseline social event happened.
That would be nice, yes, but it is entirely unreasonable to expect anyone to remember a social gathering from July 1982 unless something very memorable happened (to them) at the time.

Just last week, I was tagged by an old classmate in a photo from high school.
20180928_185243.jpg
(80.92 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
I recognize the young woman in the photo, but I could not tell you where we were or when or why. (Best guess is some sort of field trip.)
Brive1987 wrote: I know this is a job interview and not a court trial. But the job is an important one and it’s being thrown by an accusation of criminality within a political hot-war.
Are you willing to argue that it was wrong for Blasey Ford to come forward, even if her memories of that evening were substantively correct?

free thoughtpolice

John D wrote: This is pretty damn interesting.
https://www.instyle.com/news/brett-kava ... ge-decoded

free thoughtpolice

I say next we try some witch swimming,

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

d4m10n wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: I thought Kaiser (sic?) was a required participant?
I mentioned her above. Not sure what you mean by "required" here.
Brive1987 wrote: I’m saying it would be nice if the people who were meant to be at the party could acknowledge the baseline social event happened.
That would be nice, yes, but it is entirely unreasonable to expect anyone to remember a social gathering from July 1982 unless something very memorable happened (to them) at the time.

Just last week, I was tagged by an old classmate in a photo from high school.

20180928...._185243.jpg

I recognize the young woman in the photo, but I could not tell you where we were or when or why. (Best guess is some sort of field trip.)
Brive1987 wrote: I know this is a job interview and not a court trial. But the job is an important one and it’s being thrown by an accusation of criminality within a political hot-war.
Are you willing to argue that it was wrong for Blasey Ford to come forward, even if her memories of that evening were substantively correct?
I don’t know Ford’s motives for coming forward, though I do know her strong political leanings. I don’t know whether she’s donating or pocketing her million bucks gofundme. The moral territory is ambiguous.

The Kayser thing is just that neither is mentioned in diary. Not a deal breaker.

I have very clear memories of a happy consensual teenage event in September 1982. I can even recall that the Redford move “the candidate” was on in the background. Memory is weird.

What would be your methodology for assigning probability to these claims such that a positive claim’s veracity is in proportion to the harm such a finding would have? Imagine you are writing a procedures manual for the Senate.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Brive1987 wrote: I have very clear memories of a happy consensual teenage event in September 1982.
This sounds like a pleasurably memorable moment, if I'm picking up what you're putting down...but what I'm getting at here is that some moments are much more memorable than others.
Brive1987 wrote: What would be your methodology for assigning probability to these claims such that a positive claim’s veracity is in proportion to the harm such a finding would have?
I can think of many factors we ought to weigh when it comes to believing or rejecting some specific claim, but probable harm is not really one of them unless we are specifically empowered to act on our beliefs.

For the record, though, failing to receive a prestigious position with life tenure when you already have life tenure in a slightly less prestigious position isn't high up on the list of possible harms. A far more serious harm would be believing accusers when life and liberty are on the line.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

BK highlighted the self obvious non-professional implications of not getting a promotion because you are considered to be a rapist. In case it wasn’t obvious, we already have calls for him to be secured away from teenagers.

I refer you back to JohnD’s MarkC video above, which cogently argues that we are missing an objective basis to assess unsubstantiated accusations. Which of your “many” factors would you bring into play here?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bring the hand towel.

free thoughtpolice

I like this Kavanaugh better than the pussy that spent all of his college years studying, doing sports, and going to church.

free thoughtpolice

It appears that when Kavanaugh declared that all the bad questions people have been asking him is a plot by the Clintons, he apparently forgot to mention the real leaders of the cabal:
https://dailystormer.name/evil-jews-tra ... ng-circus/

free thoughtpolice

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

so. When will they be lampooning Ford?

These people are boringly partisan to a fault.

Here is Blonde wondering on what basis the country can stand together on the basis of shared values.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Blonde looks like she has been taking makeup tips from Morticia Addams.

But speaking of appreciating traditional culture - i've been thinks of where to holiday in the British Isles...Slough looks promising....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sUXKX8nCw0

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Never a bad thing.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 54-h415-nc

And I’d take the 300 quid option.

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote: I like this Kavanaugh better than the pussy that spent all of his college years studying, doing sports, and going to church.
42663246_1054617424701127_6279247207568769024_n.jpg
(33.29 KiB) Downloaded 375 times

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

free thoughtpolice wrote: It appears that when Kavanaugh declared that all the bad questions people have been asking him is a plot by the Clintons, he apparently forgot to mention the real leaders of the cabal:
https://dailystormer.name/evil-jews-tra ... ng-circus/
Kav's left-wing conspiracy theory defense beggars belief, but I suppose there is nearly always an even crazier theory on offer.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Brive1987 wrote: I refer you back to JohnD’s MarkC video above, which cogently argues that we are missing an objective basis to assess unsubstantiated accusations.
I need to know what you mean by unsubstantiated here. If a teen girl stomps down the stairs at Tommy's house party and announces to everyone present that Brett and Mark just pinned her to a bed and groped her, is that claim substantiated or unsubstantiated? How about if Mark and Brett deny anything untoward happened? If you go with unsubstantiated (as I expect you will) then what possible evidence could she adduce?

John D

Post by John D »

d4m10n wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: I refer you back to JohnD’s MarkC video above, which cogently argues that we are missing an objective basis to assess unsubstantiated accusations.
I need to know what you mean by unsubstantiated here. If a teen girl stomps down the stairs at Tommy's house party and announces to everyone present that Brett and Mark just pinned her to a bed and groped her, is that claim substantiated or unsubstantiated? How about if Mark and Brett deny anything untoward happened? If you go with unsubstantiated (as I expect you will) then what possible evidence could she adduce?
You are actually a fucking idiot.... seriously. I can't even understand how you could build this question in your brain. It is not even worth discussing... but... I just had to spend the time telling you what my opinion is of this particular and completely idiotic question. It is like Bill Clinton changing the definition of "is".
Definition of unsubstantiated
: not proven to be true : not substantiated
Jesus fucking Christ.

free thoughtpolice

No need to cuss now Jeb D. :naughty:

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

John D wrote: Jesus fucking Christ.
The question was whether you would characterize a particular claim as substantiated or unsubstantiated.

If a teen girl (let's call her Christi) stomps down the stairs at Tommy's house party and announces to everyone present that Brett and Mark just pinned her to a bed and groped her, is that claim substantiated or unsubstantiated? If you go with unsubstantiated (as I expect you will) then what possible evidence could she adduce?

John D

Post by John D »

d4m10n wrote:
John D wrote: Jesus fucking Christ.
The question was whether you would characterize a particular claim as substantiated or unsubstantiated.

If a teen girl (let's call her Christi) stomps down the stairs at Tommy's house party and announces to everyone present that Brett and Mark just pinned her to a bed and groped her, is that claim substantiated or unsubstantiated? If you go with unsubstantiated (as I expect you will) then what possible evidence could she adduce?
Really... fuck you. You actually like to have stupid pedantic bull shit discussions about the definition of words..... you are part of the reason why most people hate atheists. a-hole.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

d4m10n wrote:
Well here’s another definition.
substantiate: support with proof or evidence
In this case we know they were together. We can assess their character in timely context. We know Christi demonstrated an observable reaction. There is a substantiated basis for the complaint. Failing material evidence, you would need to fill out your scenario to allow for a more subjective balancing of the information. At the moment your story is consistent with everything from rape to false accusation based on an underlying grievance.

John D

Post by John D »

This is good... the report from the Republic prosecutor who questioned Ford.
https://www.axios.com/brett-kavanaugh-r ... 9a711.html

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:51 pm
In this case we know they were together. We can assess their character in timely context. We know Christi demonstrated an observable reaction. There is a substantiated basis for the complaint. Failing material evidence, you would need to fill out your scenario to allow for a more subjective balancing of the information. At the moment your story is consistent with everything from rape to false accusation based on an underlying grievance.
If we did know Mark, Brett, and Christi were in the house at the time, what could possibly convince you to believe her version of events rather than theirs?

John D

Post by John D »

My apologies to Muslims...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

d4m10n wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
If we did know Mark, Brett, and Christi were in the house at the time, what could possibly convince you to believe her version of events rather than theirs?
Sans material evidence, it’s a balance of probability thing.
If I knew Brett and Mark were little shits ..
If I knew Christi was a paragon ..
If Brett and Mark were immediately and obviously unconvincing
If there was past record of assault ..

But this is hypothetical. With BK we aren’t even on first base and 35 years have passed. It’s game over, man.

John D

Post by John D »

Brive1987 wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

But this is hypothetical. With BK we aren’t even on first base and 35 years have passed. It’s game over, man.
download.jpg
(8.01 KiB) Downloaded 318 times

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:11 pm
So . . . if you were to come to believe Christine really did show up at the gathering which Brett mentioned in his calendar (July 1st, 1982) then it would simply come down to whether you find her to be more credible than him?

We do have at least a few reasons to question his credibility at this point:

John D

Post by John D »

Keating

Post by Keating »

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

John D wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:23 am
MarcusAu wrote:
John D wrote: Also, the Logan's Run solution would solve the problem of my occasional thoughts of suicide
I'm sure the dog(s) would miss you.

Possibly some people here as well.
A very pretty brunet in a white frock (wearing no bra by the way) just popped by and said "Carrousel".

PS - my wife and I actually had a constructive discussion yesterday and we have decided to get one dog. If we think the new dog "needs" another dog in it's life we will consider a second dog. So, it is working out so far.
Congrats. I accidentally ended up owning a dog a couple weeks back. I'm quite pleased with her.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Congrats. I accidentally ended up owning a dog a couple weeks back. I'm quite pleased with her.
And what does she think of you?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

d4m10n wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:11 pm
So . . . if you were to come to believe Christine really did show up at the gathering which Brett mentioned in his calendar (July 1st, 1982) then it would simply come down to whether you find her to be more credible than him?

We do have at least a few reasons to question his credibility at this point:

https..://twitter.com/FoxReports/status/1046594546333896704

https..://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/1046910679914094592

https..://twitter.com/NBCPolitics/status/1047132979120803840
After 35 years I’d be shelving breathless (1 beer) smoking gun accusations. Your original scenario had the advantage of immediacy. This new hypothetical is, of course, just that.

John D

Post by John D »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
John D wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:23 am
MarcusAu wrote:
John D wrote: Also, the Logan's Run solution would solve the problem of my occasional thoughts of suicide
I'm sure the dog(s) would miss you.

Possibly some people here as well.
A very pretty brunet in a white frock (wearing no bra by the way) just popped by and said "Carrousel".

PS - my wife and I actually had a constructive discussion yesterday and we have decided to get one dog. If we think the new dog "needs" another dog in it's life we will consider a second dog. So, it is working out so far.
Congrats. I accidentally ended up owning a dog a couple weeks back. I'm quite pleased with her.
Cool.... and for an update. My wife and I are going to pick up our new mutt tomorrow. She is about 15 pounds of Pekingese and some kind of spaniel. My wife is head-over-heals in love with her already.... and... we are worried something will go wrong with the deal...haha. These rescue people are tricky to work with sometimes so we hope all goes well.

When we were trying to adopt a stray from a rescue once they actually asked us what we would do with the dog if we got a divorce. I said "We will never divorce so that is not a question I can answer." and the bitch says.... "Well you can't know that for sure so I need an answer." and I said "I have no concept of what my decisions would be regarding a divorce because I will never get a divorce." Needless to say... they ended up telling us we couldn't adopt the dog we wanted because he had separation anxiety and we were not home 100% of the time. I was pretty upset that day.

John D

Post by John D »

The shirtless one is wearing a shirt and I now agree with him on this topic. I think Dr. Ford is a liar. I can't be 100% sure.... but I no longer consider her testimony convincing.

John D

Post by John D »

Sweaty-knickers interview.

free thoughtpolice

John D wrote: The shirtless one is wearing a shirt and I now agree with him on this topic. I think Dr. Ford is a liar. I can't be 100% sure.... but I no longer consider her testimony convincing.
Here is one with no shirt and no leather jacket. Needs moar lipstick, still one of his best videos.