Kirbmarc

Re: The Trump Dump!

Post by Kirbmarc »

Making China Great Again.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Making China Great Again.
China stagnated for centuries because they became very conservative and inward thinking. They switched strategies only recently after realizing that the rest of the world was eating their lunch. Now they have become the world's largest trader, buying up assets and resources worldwide. They will take a hit for a while with the Trump trade war but will end up expanding their influence as the US is branding itself as an untrustworthy trade and business partner now and the stigma will likely persist, even if Trump gets turfed soon. China will take up the slack.
Meanwhile, North Korea is continuing to produce nukes according to US intelligence although you don't hear Trump talking about it. Also, China is breaking the embargo as others are also doing.
I'm thinking Trumps Nobel Prize may be in jeopardy.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

It's all about triggering the libtards, I'm told. A possible major conflict with a nuclear power is an unexpected bonus round.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

:lol:

free thoughtpolice

Steersman needs to fall out of love with Trump pronto. The Chinese are trying to do something about their muslim problem and Trump wants to sanction them for it.
http://thehill.com/policy/international ... internment
Meanwhile he says nothing about the Chinese persecuting Christians (see Brive's national identity thread). And he said he was against terrorism.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Manafort has flipped.

free thoughtpolice

Yes I know I posted it when Cohen flipped and I will be happy to post it again for the next soldier that rats on the Don. :snooty:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Pedo as well. Fucker.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

free thoughtpolice

Could this be the end of Rod Rosenstein Deep State Witchfinder General?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/us/p ... dment.html

free thoughtpolice

free thoughtpolice

The folks at the UN weren't laughing at Trump, they were laughing with him out of respect, and because he was telling the refreshing truth about what a good job he is doing while at the same time joking.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ed-respect

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

CaptainFluffyBunny

free thoughtpolice

Trump not only tried to rip off the taxpayer, he tried to rip off his own family.

free thoughtpolice

Fox reporting on the same story:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Coincidence, surely.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEdem4TP71M

free thoughtpolice

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Steersman needs to fall out of love with Trump pronto. The Chinese are trying to do something about their muslim problem and Trump wants to sanction them for it.
http://thehill.com/policy/international ... internment
Meanwhile he says nothing about the Chinese persecuting Christians (see Brive's national identity thread). And he said he was against terrorism.
LoL. Hardly a case of being in "love with Trump", and more one of recognizing - as you should be doing - that, at least at the time of the 2016 election, he was clearly the lesser of two weevils. Though whether he turns out to be a cure worse than the disease is still an open question.

But you might be interested in a National Review article that more or less echoes that position:
The Price of Victory
By Jonah Goldberg
October 5, 2018 8:01 PM

.... I’m on record arguing that Trump has had a corrupting effect on conservatism and democratic norms, generally. I still believe that, rather passionately.

But the point here is that whatever blame Trump deserves needs to be set in the context of a wider corruption. Trump was nominated and elected in substantial part because many conservatives rightly believed the system was already corrupt. Hillary Clinton, the matriarch of the Medicis of the Ozarks, was a profoundly corrupt figure. As was the vast network of organizations dedicated to extending the Clintons’ grift back into the White House. Donald Trump didn’t invent the Right’s animus for the press, he simply concentrated it into a kind of barbaric yawp.

Sick of a Republican party that tried too hard to work within the borders of what the mainstream media deemed acceptable rhetoric and tactics, his voters loved it when he gleefully singled out reporters by name, like a kid going after ants with a magnifying glass on a summer day. As I wrote earlier this week, the press has been asking for this treatment — literally for decades.

The problem for journalists is that, having refused at every turn to learn their lessons, from Walter Duranty to Daniel Schorr to Dan Rather, they have repeatedly responded by doubling down on their worst instincts and groupthink. And now, as Trump turns his MAGAfying glass on them, they are intensifying their worst habits.

But it’s not just the press; it’s everybody. In other words, it’s not so much that Trump has exposed the corruption of various institutions and individuals; it’s that everyone feels warranted to respond to his norm-breaking with norm-breaking of their own. The New York Times’ Anonymous op-ed writer did something terrible because he thought Trump gave him an excuse to do it. Cory Booker lacked the testicular fortitude to actually be Spartacus, but he rightly recognized that everybody wants either to be a Spartacus or to rally to one. ....

free thoughtpolice

We did corroborate with the Russians but it was legal.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ls/572587/

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote: We did corroborate with the Russians but it was legal.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ls/572587/
LoL. Expect you meant "collaborate". And that there's a difference between that and the "right to disclose information—even stolen information—so long as (1) the speaker did not participate in the theft and (2) the information deals with matters of public concern.” Kind of the whole issue with whistle-blowers.

free thoughtpolice

No Steers, it's corroborate. Maybe you didn't get the message but Trump said there was no collaboration. :P
Or maybe I could blame it on the spellchecker. :drool:

free thoughtpolice

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -though-he
So Elizabeth "Pocahantas" Warren has taken a DNA test and it appears she may have as much as 1/32 amerind ancestry.
During a campaign rally on July 5, Trump taunted Warren for her claims of Native American ancestry, a staple of his campaign stump speeches.

"I will give you a million dollars, to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian," Trump said at the time. "I have a feeling she will say 'no.' "
I guess he will either weasel out and say (a) 1/32 doesn't make her an Indian (b) When he said Indian he meant from India (c) He didn't say what he said, didn't call her Pocahantas and didn't offer the $1m that was all made up by the fake news.

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote: https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -though-he
So Elizabeth "Pocahantas" Warren has taken a DNA test and it appears she may have as much as 1/32 amerind ancestry.
During a campaign rally on July 5, Trump taunted Warren for her claims of Native American ancestry, a staple of his campaign stump speeches.

"I will give you a million dollars, to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian," Trump said at the time. "I have a feeling she will say 'no.' "
I guess he will either weasel out and say (a) 1/32 doesn't make her an Indian (b) When he said Indian he meant from India (c) He didn't say what he said, didn't call her Pocahantas and didn't offer the $1m that was all made up by the fake news.
Haha. I doesn't matter if Trump pays off his bet. He lured Warren into an obvious trap and she just jumped right in. Man... I laughed and laughed over this.

The truth is that my wife and kids (all white as snow) are more native American than Warren. My wife's grandmother was Indian. I love how the Cherokee Nation slammed the shit out of her for this. What the fuck was she thinking? She is some kind of idiot. Her potential run for president is 100% over. Even my wife, who absolutely hates Trump, laughed out loud over this. God damn, with this kind of "news" I don't need to watch comedians.

John D

Post by John D »

Her closest actual Indian relative could have really been Pocahontas! Haha!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

This might be relevant...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NyNn2jzxqI

I can't really tell - it has the same effect on me as ASMR - and I fell asleep half-way through...

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Trump's got his tongue so far up bin Salman's ass he can taste his breakfast.

free thoughtpolice

black magic.PNG
(100.65 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
MbS used magic on Trump.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -though-he

Or as little as 1/1024 South American. Which places the injection back in the 1600s.

Trump wanted her to prove she was an “Indian”. Per the damn check box she kept stabbing. The university’s expect both genealogy and tribal enrolment. Which screws her.

But she also fails the man in the street test. Which is your preferred option - no? (Based on the genocide discussion.)

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
Or as little as 1/1024 South American. Which places the injection back in the 1600s.

Trump wanted her to prove she was an “Indian”. Per the damn check box she kept stabbing. The university’s expect both genealogy and tribal enrolment. Which screws her.
You may have missed it, but there is no evidence that she gained by adding Native American to European to her resume. I didn't know that she filled out her forms with a flint dagger though. :shock:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive wrote:

You may have missed it, but there is no evidence that she gained by adding Native American to European to her resume. I didn't know that she filled out her forms with a flint dagger though. :shock:
Thanks for introducing the ‘wilful gain’ angle into the conversation.

Now that’s it’s there.. I guess it’s highly credible Harvard didn’t perform due diligence during their extended courtship whilst Warren was firing injun flares throughout her pre-Harvard career. And that Harvard then proceeded to ignite their joyful smoke signals with amazed shock at their virtue-dividend.

Evidence wise, I’m so glad you have moved on from your K-man standards to now requiring a smoking gun.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote: This might be relevant...

[560,315][/BBvideo]

I can't really tell - it has the same effect on me as ASMR - and I fell asleep half-way through...
Those monkeys will be chimping out about now ....

Kong: “what’s broken”
Cheeta: “the whole fucking global infrastructure”
Kong: “shit”

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
Evidence wise, I’m so glad you have moved on from your K-man standards to now requiring a smoking gun.
What do you think my K-man standards were?
Are you OK? You don't sound like you have it together too well.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Not one of Kavanaugh's best moments. It seems like K had some sort of nose problems, he kind of twitches it a bit in this video, in others he was snorting an snuffling. Here, kind of a combination of evading the question, trying to waste time, and complaining about the terrible tactics against him.

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote:
Not one of Kavanaugh's best moments. It seems like K had some sort of nose problems, he kind of twitches it a bit in this video, in others he was snorting an snuffling. Here, kind of a combination of evading the question, trying to waste time, and complaining about the terrible tactics against him.
So what? Didn't you watch the proceedings? Besides snivelling about being a victim of unfair questions from the Clinton leftist cabal this lying piece of shit twitched his nose like a rat in heat while he lied about what was otherwise inconsequential crap like his yearbook.
Like when he was asked a difficult question and he goes into a scripted fillibuster bragging about how hard he worked and breaking his tail at Yale doing a crappy job of pretending to be victimized.
Just being accurate.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Do you think the anger/passion wrapper sometimes interferes with the joy to be derived from our robust differences of opinion?

-> me https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... K8B1tSpPdE

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Hey, Donald Trump might as well be owning me a million dollars. Give me my money Donald. There's no evidence, of course, but it might as well be true. :bjarte:

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Brive1987 wrote: Or as little as 1/1024 South American. Which places the injection back in the 1600s.
Bayesian priors on the proposition that someone born in an Oklahoma Tribal Statistical Area is descended from South Americans is relatively low, since we know which tribes lived in Oklahoma and when they moved here.

Have you seen the aforementioned Razib Khan's helpful post on this topic, perchance? The most relevant bit (for our purposes here) is as follows:
A huge issue is that people are worried about the representativeness of the Native American groups. First, if you are looking for someone with indigenous North American ancestry, Mexican groups are sufficient. If anything this will reduce your power to detect, not produce false positives. Second, look at the plot, Warren’s haplotype is positioned between Canadian and Mexican natives:

https://www.gnxp.com/WordPress/wp-conte ... .47.43.png
Of course, we have no way of knowing which of Warren's ancestors came from which tribe, unless and until someone does the genealogy all the way back, and even then it probably wouldn't be an ancestor on the Dawes Rolls, which are what really matter for inclusion in the tribes around these parts.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

I forgot to mention Trump in that last post, so here you go:

Not sure what records he has in mind here.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote: Do you think the anger/passion wrapper sometimes interferes with the joy to be derived from our robust differences of opinion?

It's not the differences of opinion-I grew up in a very conservative area. Some of my oldest friends are very religious Trumpettes. It is the constant denialism, insults and the propagation of stupid in the form of braid bimbos. Your ability to finely parse the nuance of the far right while lumping the left together as a whole is disingenuous. Not to mention dragging things into the main thread that should be contained to the side threads. It's putting a lot of the pit off, but by putting it there you force people to answer you there, or have the pit look like an alt-right subreddit.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Trump protects his business interests The Nation from unfair competition. His nobility is without parallel among great presidents.
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4120 ... ought-dems

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Do you think the anger/passion wrapper sometimes interferes with the joy to be derived from our robust differences of opinion?

It's not the differences of opinion-I grew up in a very conservative area. Some of my oldest friends are very religious Trumpettes. It is the constant denialism, insults and the propagation of stupid in the form of braid bimbos. Your ability to finely parse the nuance of the far right while lumping the left together as a whole is disingenuous. Not to mention dragging things into the main thread that should be contained to the side threads. It's putting a lot of the pit off, but by putting it there you force people to answer you there, or have the pit look like an alt-right subreddit.
Then there are the non-Trumpette religious. Who does the one on the right remind you of in five years? Hint: I think she's featured in some of Ol' Apers' shhops:
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/320/cpspr ... mp_976.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Also, second from the right looks like a girlcock-haver.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

-> me [img]https:....//encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSf-sNeXO016-sTtVIi3RwEj-l6NCHPpIOld7yG5WK8B1tSpPdE[/img]
Sympathies on your circumstance.

Re the main thread, sounds like you feel you are duty bound to burn the village to save it. You have an inability to parse and argument, you appear driven by projection. Case in point the brevit thing.

My line was identical to “World War Two is what happens when liberal democracies lose their balls and adopt appeasement”

Some truth, especially if the conversation is about pre war politics. A lot of implied background. It would be surprising if anyone blew their brain shouting “what about Hitler you effing idiot. Here’s photos of NAZIS invading Poland, admit you are wrong. Admit it. Admit it.”

Yet that’s exactly what you did. Over and over and over again. It would have taken a concerned, calm person about 3 questions to sort that argument out.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I’m prepared to accept #magabomber on the basis this exists.

free thoughtpolice

The congressional shooting is the result of when Republicans go hard right and dismantle social security.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:37 pm
The congressional shooting is the result of when Republicans go hard right and dismantle social security.
Its possible. According to Wikipedia the FBI still hadn’t determined a motive. You would probably need more converging evidence to draw the specific into a general statement. You’d probably also want to demonstrate the dismantling fell outside the parameters of political fair play. Ie that it is a basic failure of performance by the republicans.

With Brevik, the point was that the alt right (and its extreme conspiracy wing) are given undeserved oxygen when what should be “hard centre” policy morphs into something else. Like open borders. And so you get converging impact - AdF, social tension, and radicalising of nut jobs.

It’s a theory.
On May 22, 2017, Hodgkinson wrote "Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It's Time to Destroy Trump & Co." above his repost of a Change.org petition demanding "the legal removal" of Trump and Vice President Mike Pence for "treason". He belonged to numerous political Facebook groups, including those named "Terminate the Republican Party," "The Road To Hell Is Paved With Republicans," and "Donald Trump is not my President."

free thoughtpolice

Brivek and Hodgkinson are pretty the same just on different teams.
I wouldn't put that statement out without the ironic context.
When you read both of those, there is an implication of responsibility of the victims. Not in good taste.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:

-> me [img]https:....//encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSf-sNeXO016-sTtVIi3RwEj-l6NCHPpIOld7yG5WK8B1tSpPdE[/img]
Sympathies on your circumstance.

Re the main thread, sounds like you feel you are duty bound to burn the village to save it. You have an inability to parse and argument, you appear driven by projection. Case in point the brevit thing.

My line was identical to “World War Two is what happens when liberal democracies lose their balls and adopt appeasement”

Some truth, especially if the conversation is about pre war politics. A lot of implied background. It would be surprising if anyone blew their brain shouting “what about Hitler you effing idiot. Here’s photos of NAZIS invading Poland, admit you are wrong. Admit it. Admit it.”

Yet that’s exactly what you did. Over and over and over again. It would have taken a concerned, calm person about 3 questions to sort that argument out.
Bullshit. You said something stupid, got called on it, shown evidence and you went all PoMo on words and tried to redefine what you said. You twist and contort like crazy to avoid admitting you're wrong. I'm seriously doubting you're all there in the sanity department.

free thoughtpolice

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2018 ... ves/221818
This is a great idea. That's what happens when the left gets out of control.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote: I’m prepared to accept #magabomber on the basis this exists.

Because of a hunter?!? You've admitted you eat meat, but it's only moral when it comes in nicely-wrapped packages at the supermarket? The Scottish Blackface is not endangered and is enjoyed as a dish (and dare I say, a lover (sorry Burzhum, a little joke)) by a great many Scots. But this is proof that Americans be crazy. Thanks for the update. Or maybe you've just lost it, buddy.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

She was on a “game reserve” in full camouflage taking out sheep. There is also a pic I can hunt down of her in NZ posing proudly with the corpse of a peacock.

So yeah. She is mad bitch.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote: She was on a “game reserve” in full camouflage taking out sheep. There is also a pic I can hunt down of her in NZ posing proudly with the corpse of a peacock.

So yeah. She is mad bitch.
Was it illegal or immoral? Did you have meat for dinner? Mind you, I have limits. I would happily hunt elephant hunters. But I think you're trying a little jab, and failing. Stay on topic. This is people bombing other people.

3.2, poor effort.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Remember when ironic grey humour was a thing here?