Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Old subthreads
piginthecity

Re: Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Post by piginthecity »

N.B. Our boaters had cerise(pink) and white stripes, but they were only worn at regattas. And if you were in the first eight.

How vulgar to wear them at other times.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive wrote:
But meh. What I actually argued was that the right wing movements and parties which have risen out of the failure of the center do not employ organised political violence in the way antifa and now the DNC do.
You have evidence that the DNC is now organising or supporting political violence? You just can't stop yourself from writing stupid crap can you?
I'm sure you will dig up that angry outburst by Maxine Waters that you somehow think will support your assertion that the DNC supports political violence.
“When they go low .... “. The DNC swing left and increasing (and accepted) “incivility” has been remarked on by far more pundits than yours truly.

Yawn. In Merikka, the opposition loses its shit when it goes out of power. That seems to be the new normal for us. It wasn't always that way, apparently, but it's been like that ever since I can remember. When Obama won, the right went berserk. People forget about the Birthers, the Tea Party, etc. Now the left is out of power and it's their turn. In highly polarized American politics, craziness is the yin to the yang of power, and I'm not sure which phase is more potent. The right-wing craze that Obama generated is what catapulted Trump into power. The left wing insanity is now poised to overturn the House.

It's true that the American right has been more overtly violent in recent decades. America is really not a very politically violent country. You have to go looking for it to find it, but the right has racked up a steady body count with it's abortion bombings and murders, bombing of gov buildings, your sundry racist church slaying, etc. You've really got to go back to the 70s to get anything like that from the left, with Patty Hurst, the Weathermen, and other groups. The American left was actually pretty violent back then, at least comparatively speaking.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

*Hearst. Duh.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

piginthecity wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
…. I’m also guessing that getting more than 25,000 votes, ie packing out a medium stadium, is an outstanding job for an invisible nobody.
Here's an interesting technique of weaselism.

Yes, the number of people who voted may have been enough so that, if they were in a stadium, they would pack it out. But the effort, or investment required to vote is not comparable to the effort to buy a ticket, travel to a stadium at a given time, stand in line, and spend X hours at the stadium.

So, an image of Southern being able to pack a stadium, while appealing, is nothing like what actually happened, and for you to try to conjure this image and promote it as something reflecting reality is definitely a good technique by the standards of Trump-level demagoguery.

But we're not idiots.
That is incredibly bizarre. I wasn’t channeling, Riefenstahl. I was putting a face on 3.4%. :lol: :lol:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hunt wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
But meh. What I actually argued was that the right wing movements and parties which have risen out of the failure of the center do not employ organised political violence in the way antifa and now the DNC do.
You have evidence that the DNC is now organising or supporting political violence? You just can't stop yourself from writing stupid crap can you?
I'm sure you will dig up that angry outburst by Maxine Waters that you somehow think will support your assertion that the DNC supports political violence.
“When they go low .... “. The DNC swing left and increasing (and accepted) “incivility” has been remarked on by far more pundits than yours truly.

Yawn. In Merikka, the opposition loses its shit when it goes out of power. That seems to be the new normal for us. It wasn't always that way, apparently, but it's been like that ever since I can remember. When Obama won, the right went berserk. People forget about the Birthers, the Tea Party, etc. Now the left is out of power and it's their turn. In highly polarized American politics, craziness is the yin to the yang of power, and I'm not sure which phase is more potent. The right-wing craze that Obama generated is what catapulted Trump into power. The left wing insanity is now poised to overturn the House.

It's true that the American right has been more overtly violent in recent decades. America is really not a very politically violent country. You have to go looking for it to find it, but the right has racked up a steady body count with it's abortion bombings and murders, bombing of gov buildings, your sundry racist church slaying, etc. You've really got to go back to the 70s to get anything like that from the left, with Patty Hurst, the Weathermen, and other groups. The American left was actually pretty violent back then, at least comparatively speaking.
I find it interesting that you consider it useful (in an explanatory sense) to put the sundry crazies into a single ideological bucket - anti-feds, anti black, anti abortion etc. it’s not necessarily wrong, it just muddies the water when comparing “right wing” violence with other less .... unique countries. My outside perception is that everyone in the states is either a hard or soft civic-fascist, on the elite liberal-SJW-Antifa spectrum or is a shade of proud libertarian.

Is it true that Obama caused anyone much to go mad? Dude seemed pretty vanilla apart from O-care. Fuck all riots. I thought the tea party was more a reaction to Republican failure caused by the drift away from small govt to a more big taxing / spending neo-con stance?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

TommyWatch latest: Old Bailey contempt hearings start today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45951152

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote: Is it true that Obama caused anyone much to go mad? Dude seemed pretty vanilla apart from O-care. Fuck all riots. I thought the tea party was more a reaction to Republican failure caused by the drift away from small govt to a more big taxing / spending neo-con stance?
Republicans are fine with government spending as long as it's for stuff they like. Trump is testing the waters for a new nuclear buildup, and that will cost a pretty penny. Does anyone think McConnell will be against that? They don't like spending on social safety nets or artsy fartsy shit. Medicare, medicaid, and Soc Security are evil. You remember that the Tea Party only reared its head when Obama took office, not during the tenure of Bush. To call the TP anything but a reaction to Obama is putting your head in the sand.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote: Is it true that Obama caused anyone much to go mad?
Oh, hell yes. The far right hated Obama, and mistrusted him, and thought he was a Muslim...etc. For a year or two there they really lost their shit.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Brive1987 wrote:
That's a surprising u turn for the judge. Just a week ago, he specifically stated he wasn't referring it to the DA and was going to hear it himself.
I wonder what's changed?
Judge Hilliard, the recorder of London, said at the hearing: “This is just to indicate that I’m not referring the matter of possible contempt of court by Mr Yaxley-Lennon to the attorney general for him to consider whether or not to institute proceedings. I will hear the matter myself on October 23 as ordered by the court of appeal.”
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... old-bailey

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hunt wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Is it true that Obama caused anyone much to go mad? Dude seemed pretty vanilla apart from O-care. Fuck all riots. I thought the tea party was more a reaction to Republican failure caused by the drift away from small govt to a more big taxing / spending neo-con stance?
Republicans are fine with government spending as long as it's for stuff they like. Trump is testing the waters for a new nuclear buildup, and that will cost a pretty penny. Does anyone think McConnell will be against that? They don't like spending on social safety nets or artsy fartsy shit. Medicare, medicaid, and Soc Security are evil. You remember that the Tea Party only reared its head when Obama took office, not during the tenure of Bush. To call the TP anything but a reaction to Obama is putting your head in the sand.
Wasn’t the TP using opposition as a chance to try and reform the GOP back to a small govt party? I seem to remember listening to a Dan Carlin on this way back before life beat him to a pulp. Re Obama, I recall the birther thing, not so much KKK lynch mobs or public incivility. Then again I wasn’t particularly invested at the time.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
That's a surprising u turn for the judge. Just a week ago, he specifically stated he wasn't referring it to the DA and was going to hear it himself.
I wonder what's changed?
Judge Hilliard, the recorder of London, said at the hearing: “This is just to indicate that I’m not referring the matter of possible contempt of court by Mr Yaxley-Lennon to the attorney general for him to consider whether or not to institute proceedings. I will hear the matter myself on October 23 as ordered by the court of appeal.”
Hilliard said the decision to refer the case to the attorney general would allow Robinson’s contempt charges to be heard in a proper adversarial setting, in which a lawyer could present evidence and question witnesses to make the case.

He said he had made his decision after receiving a statement from Robinson on Monday. The court heard that in the current setting, lawyers would not be able to perform an appropriate cross-examination of the evidence.

“I think it necessary to look at quite a lot of the detail of what Mr Yaxley-Lennon said in the broadcast as to come to the overall picture as to what happened,” the judge said.

“I’m satisfied in the light of the issues as they now appear as they emerged from the statement of yesterday, that cross-examination of Mr Yaxley-Lennon is necessary for a proper and thorough examination and resolution of the case that is in the public interest.”

Clearly its all part of the coverup by de Estabklisment!!!

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote: Wasn’t the TP using opposition as a chance to try and reform the GOP back to a small govt party
I would use the word 'ostensibly' here. True, that was in their stated values, but it's still true that they only appeared after Obama was elected.
Brive1987 wrote: Re Obama, I recall the birther thing, not so much KKK lynch mobs or public incivility.
This may sound very naive, but I really don't think you have to worry about left wing violence in America until they start killing people, and for the left that would mean either bombs or fire, since they don't like guns (D'oh!) These days the left will explode things or set them on fire occasionally. The right, on the other hand, will shoot you if you look at them funny. For the left, public incivility is par for the course. True, when they start punching people or worse, hitting them with blunt objects, I start to get slightly worried. But this is all still solidly in the domain of out-of-direct power craziness. The moment the left regains some degree of control, this will disappear, and it will be business as usual.

I have spoken.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Brive1987 wrote:
piginthecity wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
…. I’m also guessing that getting more than 25,000 votes, ie packing out a medium stadium, is an outstanding job for an invisible nobody.
Here's an interesting technique of weaselism.

Yes, the number of people who voted may have been enough so that, if they were in a stadium, they would pack it out. But the effort, or investment required to vote is not comparable to the effort to buy a ticket, travel to a stadium at a given time, stand in line, and spend X hours at the stadium.

So, an image of Southern being able to pack a stadium, while appealing, is nothing like what actually happened, and for you to try to conjure this image and promote it as something reflecting reality is definitely a good technique by the standards of Trump-level demagoguery.

But we're not idiots.
That is incredibly bizarre. I wasn’t channeling, Riefenstahl. I was putting a face on 3.4%. :lol: :lol:
The 'putting a face' you're looking for, at 3.4% is 850 people scattered among the 25,000.Or to put it another way, every transgender person an two of their friends.

Triumph of the Willfully Obtuse !

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Thank you, very insightful. I will file that for later use.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Robinson/Lennon's statement that he intended to give at the hearing this morning, for perusal.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hunt wrote: *Hearst. Duh.
They think it's all over. It is now! It's four!

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

The eagle eyed will notice the first incorrect statement :
ie that he is a "journalist"

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

It only took them 3 sentences to drop in conjecture hidden as fact. Then spent half the article doing a biography.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

InfraRedBucket wrote: The eagle eyed will notice the first incorrect statement :
ie that he is a "journalist"
You can quibble over who is a journalist and who isn't, you can slag off Tommy Robinson until the cows come home but what should be being asked is why are there no other 'Journalists' prepared to go over the trenches and actually challenge the validity of his sentencing or the way he is now being treated by the judiciary. His "Crime" was no worse than a traffic violation but this has been dragged through the courts for over 5 months and has now yet again been adjourned and handed over to the attorney general. Why? No one has ever had to serve time in prison for what he supposedly did, why are there no journalists questioning that, why has no other journalist asked why the CPS has added two further "Hate Crime" charges that had nothing to do with the original contempt of court case at Leeds?

And don't get me started as to why no other journalist is asking why are these 'Grooming Gang' cases continually having reporting restrictions put in place and why are these men continually allowed bail and let back into the same communities while awaiting trail of which at least two have absconded to Pakistan. Not one 'Journalist' questions this. Why not, when did they all lose their nerve?

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

HoneyWagon wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:46 am
So, I'm at CSICON 2018 in Vegas. This is their 3rd one in Vegas since basically filling in the void of TAM.
Really enjoying it. Every year, seems more TAM like.
Well, we are not allowed to have a skeptic convention without SJW generated drama.
One speaker, Kavin Senapathy (her talk was about her path to skepticism. Wasn't that interesting to me personally) had decided to have a go at this year's guest of honor, Stephen Fry.
Someone named Mick West took the trouble to transcribe the relevant bits from the CSICON live stream.
DAWKINS: You said, Stephen, that the catastrophe of Trump and Brexit is less a triumph of the Right that a failure of the Left.

FRY: Yes

DAWKINS: Do you recognize the phrase "Regressive Left", which I think was coined by Maajid Nawaz?

FRY: Yes, I've come across it. Yeah.

DAWKINS: Do you have a view on that?

FRY: There's a part of my that just wants to be mischievous and say look, this Grand Canyon (close to where we are now [Las Vegas]), this Grand Canyon has opened up in America, and really across the world, certainly the developed world, the chattering world if you like, and it's getting wider every day. Therefore people on each side of the divide, they have to shout louder, and gesticulate, more horribly to be heard by the other side. And they are not being heard by the other side and they are just making noises and screaming, and hating each other deeply and thinking the other vile and destructive and inhuman.

And, I like to think of myself and right thinking people as cowering in the ravine at the bottom unsure what to do. Because on the one hand you have a nativist alt-Right bringing up all kinds of nasty unacceptable and horrifying racist thoughts and divisions, but also you have a preposterous illiberal liberal Left shouting out these jargonistic nonsense from the universities. If I have to hear about the patriarchy and cisgendered white privilege bleh bleh bleh [waves hands].

You know, my heart has always been with the left and that makes it all the more difficult for me to think that I just cannot, and I ... this is at the heart of, I think all that, ... you talk about being English, you talk about Shakespeare and J.K. Rowling, and Isaac Newton and everything, the one thing they all have in common in empiricism. It's not about knowing anything, it's not about having a point of view which is your strict view of things, it's about finding out, experimenting, trying thing out and seeing what works. And I think the Left has a terrible problem in rhetoric and expresses itself in a way that is precisely, it seems, designed to alienate even the soft-right people, even ordinary Republicans who are maddened by what they see as the nonsense of political correctness.

Most Left people are not prey to it, but unfortunately the mouthpieces on either side are so loud, and you're supposed to take a stand. I'm supposed to be on one side or the other. While I just repudiate that. I won't be on either side. Neither means anything to me [Audience and Dawkins applaud]

... [various literary quotes leading up to "the center will not hold"]
And that's the problem, being in "the center, which will not hold", the best, which you hope you are part of the best, lack all conviction. We're not certain. We're not convinced, we're not sure how the world should go forward. We recognize ugliness when we see it, and gracelessness, and unkindness, and brute force, and clamoring, kind of binary tearing away of everything. This constant "you are either with us or against us" attitude. And stuck in the middle, people say "well, that's all very well but that's you just being a liberal squashy soft, you know there are people dying out there!", they will say.

And yes, there are, look at the Rohingyas being massacred and disrupted and destroyed in Burma, and look at what is going on in all over Yemen and Syria and place like that. There's all kinds of terrible things happening. But I don't hear the regressive Left, or the illiberal liberals as I call them, or the Right, making any fuss about that.

And I'm desperate to know what to think. I really am, I'm sure, because part of me says: yes of course all my life I've fought for gay rights, I've fought for, well I've not "fought", don't romanticize yourself Stephen, I haven't "fought" at all, I've sat at a desk and tapped at a keyboard [audience laughter] occasionally done the odd interview on the subject of gay rights, so I haven't "fought" at all. But I have at least expressed an opinion. And my heart is with people being given a fair shake of the sauce bottle, as Australians put it, and a fair shake seems to be good. But we now are not allowed really much room for conversations of any nuance or any doubt, you have to be on one side or the other. And the world, certainly America and UK are crying out for something in between.
Fry seems not to think that "making noises and screaming . . . hating each other deeply and thinking the other vile and destructive and inhuman" is a good approach to mending a widening cultural rift.

Shockingly, the outrage brigade begs to differ.

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

I'm going to walk that back.

"The bomber’s motive remained unclear. Mr. Soros is a favorite target of right-wing groups. He was not home at the time."

These are 3 factual statements that lead the reader to an obvious conclusion, at least one that the NYT wants you to conclude. In looking at Mr. Soros being a target, I could not find anything other than right-wing groups attacking him similar to how left wing groups attack Trump.

Why they chose to combine those 3 sentences is interesting.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

free thoughtpolice

Do watch from 10:00 on at least

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I always wondered who Jenny McDermott modeled herself on.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:
Republicans? Aren't they the ones that want to get rid of the Queen?

free thoughtpolice

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

The righteous woke just noticed that SQLite has been using the Rule of St Benedict as their code of conduct for the past 8 months.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

https://www.sqlite.org/codeofconduct.html

https://twitter.com/search?q=sqlite

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:22 am
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/30/man-thr ... m-doj.html

https://www.newsweek.com/don-lemon-trum ... er-1057725

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ny-congres ... fter-sotu/

I can go on. And on and on. Didn't Trump just threaten violence if the Republicans lost the midterms? I don't think this is a road you wanna go down, boy.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Since we're still going on about this. Intended for Leo's. Notably somewhat conservative.

https://sites.duke.edu/tcths/files/2013 ... _final.pdf
Incidence of Ideologically Motivated Violence in the United States
These threat assessments match the relative rates of violence from Muslim extremists
and right-wing extremists – an umbrella category in the scholarly literature on
extremism that incorporates anti-government and racist violent extremism. Definitions of
ideologically motivated violence differ widely, but right-wing violence appears
consistently greater than violence by Muslim extremists in the United States since 9/11,
according to multiple definitions in multiple datasets.
Can't wait to see your sources, Brive. Pro-tip- Republican attack ads don't really count. Have fun!

CaptainFluffyBunny

LEOs, law enforcement officers. Stupid autocorrect.

free thoughtpolice

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: LEOs, law enforcement officers. Stupid autocorrect.
I thought you were an astrology fan there for a minute. :shock:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Ape+lust wrote: The righteous woke just noticed that SQLite has been using the Rule of St Benedict as their code of conduct for the past 8 months.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

https://www.sqlite.org/codeofconduct.html

https://twitter.com/search?q=sqlite
Speaking of reeeeeeee, Torvalds got his old job back. https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45953233
Reformed or secretly unrepentant? We'll soon find out.

free thoughtpolice

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Since we're still going on about this. Intended for Leo's. Notably somewhat conservative.

These threat assessments match the relative rates of violence from Muslim extremists
extremism that incorporates anti-government and racist violent extremism. Definitions of
consistently greater than violence by Muslim extremists in the United States since 9/11,
Can't wait to see your sources, Brive. Pro-tip- Republican attack ads don't really count. Have fun!
I'm sure he will point out that is deep state propaganda and the DS is anti-conservative. Checkmate libtard! :hand:

CaptainFluffyBunny

free thoughtpolice wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: LEOs, law enforcement officers. Stupid autocorrect.
I thought you were an astrology fan there for a minute. :shock:
No, no. Nancy ruined it for me. Looking into the Church of England, tho. I hear all the cool kids are doing it.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Since we're still going on about this. Intended for Leo's. Notably somewhat conservative.

I'm sure he will point out that is deep state propaganda and the DS is anti-conservative. Checkmate libtard! :hand:
Well, I feel certain he will find some problem with it, otherwise he'd have to confess to be wrong, and perhaps all his comments about other people's lack of cognitive abilities were in fact just projection. It's just fun watching the gymnastics in any case.

free thoughtpolice

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Looking into the Church of England, tho. I hear all the cool kids are doing it.
Alternatives are available if you prefer something more traditional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfZdivv9h64

free thoughtpolice

MarcusAu wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:21 am
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Looking into the Church of England, tho. I hear all the cool kids are doing it.

At least they don't wear those dorky looking school uniforms. :drool:
vikings.PNG
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 102 times

CaptainFluffyBunny

MarcusAu wrote:

Or start my own cult. Choices...
giphy (2).gif
(396.66 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

CaptainFluffyBunny

Hunt wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Is it true that Obama caused anyone much to go mad?
Oh, hell yes. The far right hated Obama, and mistrusted him, and thought he was a Muslim...etc. For a year or two there they really lost their shit.
J1hSHPi.jpg
(182.38 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
teapartysign1sm.jpg
(34.83 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
So easy to find more.

free thoughtpolice

So easy to find more.
Yeah, but not form the Republican party in an organized way like the DNC does.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

A perception survey. How about I just repeat their three conclusions from page 12.

1. “Police Do Not See Terrorism as a Severe Threat Locally”. Which is fairly low value statement. Especially relative to Syria.

2. “Police Believe that al-Qaeda Inspired Terrorism Is Less of a Threat than Other Forms of Terrorism”. al-Qaeda? That’s a very 2003 era benchmark. Odd that the self described “umbrella” group comprising a wide variety of American domestic nutters should outweigh the influence of Bin Laden’s mob.

3. “Rural Agencies Perceive a Lower Terrorist Threat than Agencies in Mid-Size and Large Cities”. Which is odd given all those redneck gun toting anti feds.

Annnnnd there is no fourth conclusion.

Yep. That document is gold for a conservation around whether its the political right or the democrat liberal left which is moving towards endorsed publicly expressed ideologically based “incivility”.

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
A perception survey. How about I just repeat their three conclusions from page 12.
You didn't bother bringing up the statistics on previous pages? You know like the facts that gave the law enforcement agencies their perceptions?
Or this bit:
3 This report “is not a comprehensive list of all right‐wing
violence. Many murders, including unplanned or spontaneous acts of violence, are not
included here, nor are thousands of lesser incidents of violence. Such a compilation
would be book‐length.
Keep on ignoring the facts that conflict with your preconceived ideas. It insures that as long as you keep closing your eyes and plugging your ears you will never be proven wrong.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The dynamic imposed on the Republicans by popularism, the shift to Hollywood/New York social-liberalism by the Democrats and the resulting matter/anti-matter collision is absolutely fascinating to watch.

Given what we know about the SJW-left, I’m not surprised the Democrats now endorse the unrestrained deplatforming of their opponents from public life with concomitant harassment.

free thoughtpolice

CaptainFluffyBunny

You didn't bother bringing up the statistics on previous pages? You know like the facts that gave the law enforcement agencies their perceptions?
Or this bit:
violence. Many murders, including unplanned or spontaneous acts of violence, are not
included here, nor are thousands of lesser incidents of violence. Such a compilation
would be book‐length.
Keep on ignoring the facts that conflict with your preconceived ideas. It insures that as long as you keep closing your eyes and plugging your ears you will never be proven wrong.
I give Brive a 7.5, mostly for the flip to ignore the whole bit about right-wing violence while landing on a purposefully ambiguous twist that has now turned his earler bit about violence into incivility without a stumble. I would have given him more for including a snarky insult about intelligence and over-using the laughy smiley for decorative effect.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote: The dynamic imposed on the Republicans by popularism, the shift to Hollywood/New York social-liberalism by the Democrats and the resulting matter/anti-matter collision is absolutely fascinating to watch.

Given what we know about the SJW-left, I’m not surprised the Democrats now endorse the unrestrained deplatforming of their opponents from public life with concomitant harassment.
Try again.
https://www.newsweek.com/campus-free-sp ... ats-667400

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Or this bit:
would be book‐length.
If you think their own conclusions are inadequate for the narrative you want them to push, well ... write them a sternly worded letter.

Also don’t be a donk, I did read that para which you quoted out-of-context. It was an explanation of why a seperate report, using a more robust definition of terrorism, had found only a handful of right wing caused deaths.

No one is debating whether America is a generally civic-fascist country by European/Western Commonwealth standards.
Or that many of their nutters, regardless of predilection, can be conveniently placed by academics into a “right wing” bucket of weird, utterly alien to the civilised West :mrgreen:

The perceived scale of the nutter problem appears quite low.

And a large majority of law enforcement agencies rank the threat of all forms of violent extremism in their own jurisdictions as moderate or lower (3 or less on a 1-5 scale).

All very interesting. Less relevant though as to whether it is Team Sellner or Team Waters that will throw the brick through your window on election night.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: The dynamic imposed on the Republicans by popularism, the shift to Hollywood/New York social-liberalism by the Democrats and the resulting matter/anti-matter collision is absolutely fascinating to watch.

I do believe you're nut-picking.
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/06/25/p ... house.html

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Try again.
https://www.newsweek.com/campus-free-sp ... ats-667400
Now it’s “snotty” kids that inform this debate?

Even then close to 80% from each team disavowed violence to stop a speaker attending (minimal two point difference). More interestingly 63% of Dems agreed with aggressively shutting down a talk once it had started compared to only 39% for Republicans. Democratic liberal values on full display. Bwhah. Fucking SJWs.

Naturally this material point of difference was of no interest to the headline writer.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Brive1987 wrote: .... It was an explanation of why a seperate report, using a more robust definition of terrorism, had found only a handful of right wing caused deaths.
If you're going to embolden it, at leest spel it rite.

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
Also don’t be a donk, I did read that para which you quoted out-of-context. It was an explanation of why a seperate report, using a more robust definition of terrorism, had found only a handful of right wing caused deaths.
First of all it wasn't out of context. Secondly it wasn't an explanation of why a separate report had only found a "handful of deaths", it made the point that if non organized attacks inspired by rightwing political ideology were to be included there would be a lot of it.
You apparently didn't understand the point I was trying to make, nor did you read the PDF carefully enough to grasp the whole of it.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive, your ability to keep cognitive dissonance from overwhelming you is impressive.
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/40451 ... ed-america

https://www.centredaily.com/news/local/ ... 56640.html

Let's not pretend it is simply a problem of one side, shall we? Perhaps you might even conceed that your earlier statement about the violence being a problem mainly of the left may have been in error. Because the evidence is against that, and suggesting anything else is rank tribalism.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I do believe you're nut-picking.
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/06/25/p ... house.html
Is it conceivable Pelosi, the politician, was more concerned over the optics than the dynamic? Her tweet said the violence was “predictable and understandable”.

:whistle: :think: :clap: :popcorn:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

screwtape wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: .... It was an explanation of why a seperate report, using a more robust definition of terrorism, had found only a handful of right wing caused deaths.
It’s unlike you to bully someone with some form of dyslexia. As I’ve mentioned before, I literally cannot “see” words.

You disappoint me.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
screwtape wrote:
It’s unlike you to bully someone with some form of dyslexia. As I’ve mentioned before, I literally cannot “see” words.

You disappoint me.
Claiming victim status? Seriously?