Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Old subthreads
Kirbmarc

Re: Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Keating wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:12 pm
So I watched My Fair Lady recently and then this article appeared:
https://quillette.com/2018/12/26/refigh ... sage-wars/

This is a half finished thought about the endles Kirb/Brive wars. It occurs to me that the same problem described in this article about the prescriptive versus descriptive approaches to teaching English are analogous to the wider culture. We need some descriptive freedom for new ideas, but without a prescriptive base, the entire structure collapses and everyone loses.

Culture is the same. Too much “you do you” collapses the nation, but none is a tyranny.
The basis for effective innovation and creativity is structure and order. This is a life lesson unlearned by far too many people.
I agree, that's why preaching identitarian narratives that cause disorder and harm a liberal democratic structure is stupid, even if you have legitimate grievances (or think you do). Whether those narratives are based on islam, the SocJus or the alt-right "decline of the west" ideas, if they become the dominant and only force in your country and attempt to crush dissent you don't get order, you get divisive "culture wars" that don't allow people to face real threats to liberal democracy (lobbies, corruption), maintain what works and improve what needs work.

Bickering over cultural issues on social media isn't what I expect when I think "structure and order". More like principles like separation of church and state, separation of political powers, presumption of innocence, an independent press, etc. etc. But I guess some people disagree.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Keating wrote:

This is a half finished thought about the endles Kirb/Brive wars. It occurs to me that the same problem described in this article about the prescriptive versus descriptive approaches to teaching English are analogous to the wider culture. We need some descriptive freedom for new ideas, but without a prescriptive base, the entire structure collapses and everyone loses.

Culture is the same. Too much “you do you” collapses the nation, but none is a tyranny.
The basis for effective innovation and creativity is structure and order. This is a life lesson unlearned by far too many people.
It's also weird to me how one reconcile support for order and structure with support for Donald Trump, the US president with the most chaotic and messy approach to politics, ethics, laws, and rhetoric. But I guess you do you.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:53 am
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Bhurzum needs to post more often.
I'm guessing my shitposts are not to sirs liking?

:bjarte:
I just want to see more birds and their boxes.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

I was always happy to supply an apposite limerick for a patient in need of cheering up, and I'm pleased when I discover a new (to me) one:

A young fellow one day feeling gingery
Made a hole in his sister's best lingerie
Then he pinched her behind,
And made up his mind
To add incest to insult to injury

Couch

Post by Couch »

screwtape wrote: I was always happy to supply an apposite limerick for a patient in need of cheering up, and I'm pleased when I discover a new (to me) one:

And made up his mind
A genuine coffee-spitter!

Couch

Post by Couch »

I’m pretty sure I’ve shared this here before:

One if my assorted and misbegotten brother avoided a lot of his compulsory apprenticeship-related bastardisation through the impossible good fortune of having a co-apprentice in that year’s intake, Keith, who was apparently infinitely more satisfying to torment and harm.

Keith for me in remembered in this limerick stencilled to the Worksop sunny door, possibly still there:

There was an apprentice called Keith,
Who circumcised old men with his teeth.
It wasn’t for leisure
Nor for sexual pleasure,
But to get to the cheese underneath.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Wakanda bans Islam.
Their mosques would be closed until further notice. All of the more than 80 mosques in Angola are set to be destroyed.

https://www.tvrtinfo.com/2018/12/24/wat ... 0-mosques/

Couch

Post by Couch »

Dunny!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I recall individualism being a dominant (or at least prominent) strain in conservative thinking - or at least lip service was paid to it. Have things now switched places so that it's now those on the left professing to hold such values dear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-cPWheNyaA

I'll have to watch it again - though the book was good too (The remake did not signify so much).

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Keating wrote:

It's also weird to me how one reconcile support for order and structure with support for Donald Trump, the US president with the most chaotic and messy approach to politics, ethics, laws, and rhetoric. But I guess you do you.
A Trump in a shit hole country is chaos. A Trump in America is manageable creative disruption. Regardless of whether you support his actions or not. That’s because there is historical capacity to draw on. In any case, Trump is disruption addressing nascent dysfunction.

A strong family can support a member who goes tangential. A strong community can weather a literal storm. A strong society can support non economically productive creative elements. But as studies show, diversity is not our strength. Rather, in excess it sucks social capital from the system.

A strong element of social conservatism provides the fuel for parallel social-liberal endeavour. Collectives are (of course) stronger than their parts and they provide individuals with their safety net. Doesn’t mean we have to go to extremes of course. So don’t erect that straw man. Though we should probably note the pendulum has swung to an unacceptable individualist level for continued strength.

As a wise man once said. You sleep under the blanket of the freedom that cultural-collectives provide, but you question the manner in which they have been provided. It would be better if you just said "thanks", and carried on.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote: I recall individualism being a dominant (or at least prominent) strain in conservative thinking - or at least lip service was paid to it. Have things now switched places so that it's now those on the left professing to hold such values dear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-cPWheNyaA

I'll have to watch it again - though the book was good too (The remake did not signify so much).
The cowboys were the Col Jessup‘s of their day. Standing the township wall against redskined muslims and antifa horse thieves.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

You will recall it was the defence of the family unit that drove Shane out of retirement.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: You will recall it was the defence of the family unit that drove Shane out of retirement.
There seemed to be other themes at play in 'High Noon' or 'High Plains Drifter' for that matter.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

To be fair, I’m not sure how well my civilised collective model would scale to the Nineteenth Century American prairie.

Or the 21C one for that matter ......

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: To be fair, I’m not sure how well my civilised collective model would scale to the Nineteenth Century American prairie.

Ah - but we are not talking about history - but about the stories we tell ourselves about our history.

Possibly the thinking goes deeper than that - but I probably won't be reading old copies of 'National Review' or checking the output of the John Birch Society to find out. As far as I can tell the Libertarians still swear by Ayn Rand for the most part - so they are still big on individualism.

There did seem to be a genuine sentiment of 'Go West' or not being fenced in by civilization at the time. 'Hell' is in 'Hello' and all that.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

screwtape wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:20 pm
I was always happy to supply an apposite limerick for a patient in need of cheering up, and I'm pleased when I discover a new (to me) one:

And made up his mind
Normal For Norfolk (NFN)

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Here is my bid for one of the corniest sci-fi/monster flicks.It gets better/worse as the plot unfolds.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: To be fair, I’m not sure how well my civilised collective model would scale to the Nineteenth Century American prairie.

Ah - but we are not talking about history - but about the stories we tell ourselves about our history.

Possibly the thinking goes deeper than that - but I probably won't be reading old copies of 'National Review' or checking the output of the John Birch Society to find out. As far as I can tell the Libertarians still swear by Ayn Rand for the most part - so they are still big on individualism.

There did seem to be a genuine sentiment of 'Go West' or not being fenced in by civilization at the time. 'Hell' is in 'Hello' and all that.
We are drifting. Even after accommodating Daniel Boone, America was built on collective community and what were perceived to be shared values.

Further north, looks like Faith is seeking to set things straight by gunning for PM in 2019.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Those limericks got me all creative like.

There was an old pervert called Peez
Who fell for young Becky the tease
For the feminist skank
He did merrily wank
With his pants pulled down to his knees

I thangyoo .. 8-)

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: A Trump in a shit hole country is chaos. A Trump in America is manageable creative disruption. Regardless of whether you support his actions or not. That’s because there is historical capacity to draw on. In any case, Trump is disruption addressing nascent dysfunction.
Trump is increasing polarization and instability in the US. The US might be strong enough not to be affected too much in the long run, but he's not creating anything, just disrupting established rules and institutions. A supporter of order and structure should definitely see him as a threat, even if not an existential threat. Just because your ship is steady you shouldn't go around poking holes in the hull.
A strong family can support a member who goes tangential. A strong community can weather a literal storm. A strong society can support non economically productive creative elements. But as studies show, diversity is not our strength. Rather, in excess it sucks social capital from the system.
The US have been and are very diverse, and the most diverse areas are some of the most successful areas, too (California, New York, etc.). Deliberately disruptive, divisive and authoritarian elements can surely have negative effects, but that requires more than just "diversity". Disparity and double standards (of many different kinds) are much more disruptive.
A strong element of social conservatism provides the fuel for parallel social-liberal endeavour. Collectives are (of course) stronger than their parts and they provide individuals with their safety net. Doesn’t mean we have to go to extremes of course. So don’t erect that straw man. Though we should probably note the pendulum has swung to an unacceptable individualist level for continued strength.
Institutions running on precisely defined and robust principles provide the backbone of society. It's when the institutions are attacked and start acting in a way that is too blatantly biased and/or corrupt that trust and civic participation diminish and with them also order and stability. Political and ideological polarization and corruption get people to be either fanatics unable to come to reasonable compromises or disaffected by politics, leading to the collapse of the center and increasing political violence and Manichean thinking. When less "normies" vote, it's easier for fringes of extremists to take over some political parties.

Lack of meaningful reforms is also a huge issue in terms of stability and order. If a structure has become highly dysfunctional and affects people in a negative and especially disproportionate way trust in political institutions in general tends to fall, since they've seen as inefficient or even worse just a tool of a specific social group.
As a wise man once said. You sleep under the blanket of the freedom that cultural-collectives provide, but you question the manner in which they have been provided. It would be better if you just said "thanks", and carried on.
I think you missed the point of "A Few Good Men". The general had given orders that had contributed to the death of one of his soldiers just because the soldier was unfit for service, then tried to cover up his screw up by lying and obfuscating evidence. So much for stable order. Using the system to promote your own agenda and cover up your failures isn't supporting order, it's screwing with order and trust for your ends.

It was in the courtroom where the order of the rule of law was re-established, and those guilty of some crimes were punished. An eloquent speech doesn't change that.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

1. Trump is addressing dysfunction. He may not be successful, but he is in many cases rebalancing social norms. Trannies in the military. You gotta be kidding.

2. America has not always been culturally diverse outside the European context. Check your graphs.

I’ve mentioned before that AFGM is a liberals wet dream. Jessop’s Hollywood mistake was behaving as if he was in an active war zone where underperformance threatened the entire group.

Santiago’s death was a simple ex machina device permitting the audience a convenient “yeah but ...”

His speech, elegant or not, ironically sums up the social-lefts dilemma. Society has to cash their cheques.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

shoutinghorse wrote: Those limericks got me all creative like.

There was an old pervert called Peez
Who fell for young Becky the tease
For the feminist skank
He did merrily wank
With his pants pulled down to his knees

I thangyoo .. 8-)
There was an old pervert called P-zed
Who tried to give Becky some head
But her fish-pit was rank
And most rancidly stank
The first sniff struck old P-zed stone dead

;)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

My cup runneth over?

:o :o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Welp,

You guys were talking about the movie Bird Box recently. So I ran across a mention of it on Twatter so I went and read it.

Netflix's Bird Box Is Really About How White People Don't Want to See Racism

Then I was like : :o :o :o OMFG!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW .... read at your own risk. Any brain damage you experience is your problem.You have been warned.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

OK, so I finally got around to watching the video that Kevin Spacey put up. I dunno what I was expecting but every comment I saw said that it was "bizarre" so that kind of set the stage.

So, I start to view the video and I am going ... wait wut? and hit pause while I contemplated the following:

8,175,207 views ... Thas over eight million views.
Likes ... 185K
Dislikes ...55K

:think: :think: :think:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Oh Geeze!

I did not hit refresh. Actually I did, but I should have scrolled up. Now I am in the position of being :nin: by Mr. Ed.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

@Phil,

Currently rereading the article you posted here.

I find this site easier on my eyes How I Got Banned from Photographing the Band Arch Enemy

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Here is my bid for one of the corniest sci-fi/monster flicks.It gets better/worse as the plot unfolds.
<No Flesh - link removed>
I also enjoy the classics...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdKJaQS5-Fo

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

AndrewV69 wrote: Welp,

You guys were talking about the movie Bird Box recently. So I ran across a mention of it on Twatter so I went and read it.

BTW .... read at your own risk. Any brain damage you experience is your problem.You have been warned.
If that's true, it's a really bad metaphor, because in the movie seeing things kills you or turns you crazy.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Holy shit that article is so bad that it could have been written by a Stormfront troll. XD

The whole point of the movie is that everyone who sees the monsters dies or turns insane and kills other people. But if we're supposed to see this as an allegory for being aware of racism, this means that "seeing racism" causes death or insanity, and that's a good thing somehow? Which means that the woke people are all made crazy or depressed to the point of suicide by their wokeness.

Top kek.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: We are drifting.
That was sort of my point.

Unless you are referring to my inability to stay on topic in the endless thread. In which case we may need a bigger boat...but mini cooper anyway.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Kirbmarc wrote: Holy shit that article is so bad that it could have been written by a Stormfront troll. XD

The whole point of the movie is that everyone who sees the monsters dies or turns insane and kills other people. But if we're supposed to see this as an allegory for being aware of racism, this means that "seeing racism" causes death or insanity, and that's a good thing somehow? Which means that the woke people are all made crazy or depressed to the point of suicide by their wokeness.

Top kek.
It's possible that you have no knowledge of 'The King in Yellow' - in which case...keep it that way.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

MarcusAu wrote: It's possible that you have no knowledge of 'The King in Yellow' - in which case...keep it that way.
Too late! He's posting in the other thread...

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=549

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shocking. Liberals should be ashamed.

:mrgreen:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well I'm triggered.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Ape+lust wrote:
I'm proud of this one...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
Those liberals just don't have respect for thots women like the traditionalist/conservative bunch do. Of course I mean white trad/cons as it was brown-skinned trad/cons that actually killed the young women.
https://dailystormer.name/two-nordic-sh ... e-camping/
Thanks, Jews, for liberating these impressionable THOTs and telling them that fulfillment lies outside of the home, rather than within it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I’m sure this happens every day in the cuck household. May have been niggered.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive wrote:
Those liberals just don't have respect for thots women like the traditionalist/conservative bunch do. Of course I mean white trad/cons as it was brown-skinned trad/cons that actually killed the young women.
https://dailystormer.name/two-nordic-sh ... e-camping/
Thanks, Jews, for liberating these impressionable THOTs and telling them that fulfillment lies outside of the home, rather than within it.
Nasty.

Maybe you need to switch your hard alt-right flavour of choice?

“The world is not your playground. You can take your liberties in the West, you can take your liberties when there are white men to defend your liberties but do not think everyone is so kind”

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Who knew?

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
Nasty.

“The world is not your playground. You can take your liberties in the West, you can take your liberties when there are white men to defend your liberties but do not think everyone is so kind”
You aren't calling the DS crew nasty are you? Remember, I'm a liberal, these are your people as the trad/cons like you have a habit of sliding into more extreme positions over time. It is known as being alt-lighter fluid. A few years ago you seemed to be a more moderate person and you seem to be getting worse with time. This time next year I expect you will come to the conclusion that the jews are behind the destruction of white civilization by importing all those mud people migrants.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ is excited the US has made it as the fifth most deadly country for journalists in 2018.
The report doesn’t place specific blame, but I suspect that having a wanna-be dictator who idolizes tyrants and urges his followers to target journalists might be playing an enabling role here.
This despite his linked article saying:
Meanwhile, the shooting deaths of five employees of the Capital Gazette newspaper in Annapolis, Maryland, in June propelled the United States into the ranks of the most dangerous countries for the first time.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/unit ... me-n949676

From Wikipedia
The newspaper published an article in 2011 about Ramos being put on probation for harassing an acquaintance from high school through social media and email. Ramos, angered by the article, brought a defamation lawsuit against The Capital; a judge later dismissed the suit. Ramos is alleged to have sent enraged letters and messages to the newspaper's offices about his threats to attack the office and its staff; no legal action was taken after the threats were received
PZ .. “You are fake news”

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:34 pm
Wakanda bans Islam.
Their mosques would be closed until further notice. All of the more than 80 mosques in Angola are set to be destroyed.

Code: Select all

https://youtu.be/wO9m6OstwNo
https://www.tvrtinfo.com/2018/12/24/wat ... 0-mosques/
Seems that's a durable and perennial bit of #FakeNews and click-bait; HuffPost:
How Angola Almost Broke Pakistan’s Record
Kashif N Chaudhry, Contributor
Physician, Writer, Human Rights Activist
12/01/2013 02:39 pm ET Updated Jan 31, 2014

There was a rumor that recently made rounds on the Internet about the State of Angola banning the religion of Islam, demoting it to the status of a “cult” and making plans to demolish mosques across the country. This later proved to be a hoax. CAIR USA was one of the Muslim groups that circulated this news widely on social media - especially on their Facebook page. ....
Not sure what the connection is with Pakistan though.

However, Wikipedia suggests there is (maybe, hopefully) some (cleansing) fire behind the smoke:
"Ban on Islam" controversy
In November 2013, some media sources reported that Islam and other belief systems deemed to be contrary to the country's culture had been outlawed in Angola.[6][17][18] The International Business Times said that Angola was seeking to shut down all mosques.[15]

However, the reports were later denied by the government[5][6][16] The Ministry of Culture stated, "There is no war in Angola against Islam or any other religion."[19]

At the time, Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, Secretary-General of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), said that his organisation would send a fact-finding team to Angola.[20]
Not that there seems much stomach in the body politic to address the root problems of Islam - its psychosis & predilection for theocracy in particular - largely and apparently because any criticism of it gets uncomfortably close to criticisms of religion in general. Watched a documentary the other day on John Lennon and the Beatles which featured a clip of their tour to the US and the statment by one of them that they were bigger than Jesus: cue the outrage from the SJWs of the day, Christian fundamentalists stomping on picture of the Beatles. A pox on all their houses.

Curious though was another clip from the same documentary of interviews of Lennon & Yoko Ono in bed where one columnist pointedly, and quite justifiably, rejected being included in Lennon's conception of humanity - and the obligations that Lennon argued had to follow - which looked like a rather remarkably wooish and pie-in-the-sky-ish "philosophy". To which Wilson's "marvelous theory, wrong species" is as applicable as it is to Marxism; fine to "give peace a chance" - but one can only turn the cheek so many times before thinking the best solution is the "nuclear option".

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Nasty.

You aren't calling the DS crew nasty are you? Remember, I'm a liberal, these are your people .....
You have handed me the Captain FluffyBunny golden ticket “how dare you insult me . Now, I’m going to have an abusive retaliatory spurg-a-thon”.

In practice I’ll reiterate the liberal spectrum that covers benign-altruism through to SJW enraged individualism-of-the-oppressed. And note of DS “these are not my people”.

Shatterface screamed past stupid on his way to his breakdown. Don’t be like Shatterface.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I have been remarkably consistent in rejecting (and poking fun at) alt right racist magic-blood BS.

I started, and remain, a supporter of historically based cultural collectives parametrised by geography (“nations”) that are enriched by a measured flow of immigrants - such as can be assimilated without changing the cake.

I don’t care whether this is applied to Japan, Wakanda or Australia.

And I believe third world cultural Islam is fundamentally non assimilatable.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Brive1987 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:21 pm
Nasty.

You aren't calling the DS crew nasty are you? Remember, I'm a liberal, these are your people .....
You have handed me the Captain FluffyBunny golden ticket “how dare you insult me . Now, I’m going to have an abusive retaliatory spurg-a-thon”.

In practice I’ll reiterate the liberal spectrum that covers benign-altruism through to SJW enraged individualism-of-the-oppressed. And note of DS “these are not my people”.

Shatterface screamed past stupid on his way to his breakdown. Don’t be like Shatterface.
FTP has always been Exhibit A in Jonathan Haidt's finding that liberals have far less understanding of the viewpoints and arguments of conservatives and moderates than the other way around, and this is a rather disgusting example of it. He enjoys maintaining a cartoon version of ideologies and especially partisan positions different than his own.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote: I have been remarkably consistent in rejecting (and poking fun at) alt right racist magic-blood BS.

I started, and remain, a supporter of historically based cultural collectives parametrised by geography (“nations”) that are enriched by a measured flow of immigrants - such as can be assimilated without changing the cake.

I don’t care whether this is applied to Japan, Wakanda or Australia.

And I believe third world cultural Islam is fundamentally non assimilatable.
Yeah:

Twitter_AnneMarieWaters_IslamReform_Sctn1A.jpg
(40.68 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

Islam MAY have a FEW (possibly) "redeeming" features, some philosophical and ethical precepts that MIGHT be used to hang something of a reformation on. Though haven't seen anybody - particularly here by those with a foot or more in that camp, that "identity" - willing to promote that process. But absent that willingness or effort - an absence that's clearly the case, it's hard not to call for some ostensibly "draconian" responses as the only viable solution.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Brive1987 wrote: I started, and remain, a supporter of historically based cultural collectives parametrised by geography (“nations”) that are enriched by a measured flow of immigrants - such as can be assimilated without changing the cake.

(I jest, I jest...)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:21 pm
<snip>

FTP has always been Exhibit A in Jonathan Haidt's finding that liberals have far less understanding of the viewpoints and arguments of conservatives and moderates than the other way around, and this is a rather disgusting example of it. He enjoys maintaining a cartoon version of ideologies and especially partisan positions different than his own.
"My tribe, right or wrong"? Some justification for that argument.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Is it possible to accept the Goldern One has a valid point ignored by liberals as un-PC (ie that a father should encourage his daughter to avoid third world Islamic countries) - while rejecting a Nazi basis for this proposition? Ie acknowledge the awkward truth that a WS is closer to commonsense here than the middle of the road lib ....

All while offering the GO up to a cos playing DS troll as a less overtly toxic POV to play with?

free thoughtpolice

Sorry if I triggered you, but if you are going to broadbrush liberals don't get pissy when you get lumped in with other rightwingers. One thing that has surprised me by reading Daily Stormer and Stormfront is how many of the buzzwords they throw around are exactly the same as the "alt-light" crowd uses. They say they believe in liberty, but use Liberal as a dirty word and falsely use it to describe the extreme leftist authoritarian bunch. Guess who else does this?
I can also assure you that a true liberal really doesn't like conservative islam. Muslims like to stick to tradition and consider unflinching religious faith a virtue. Kind of like conservative xtians do, although admittedly they aren't quite as primitive as their muslim counterparts.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote: My cup runneth over?

https://twitter.com/clairlemon/status/1078565826037395456
:o ... :lol:
Wonder what the legality is of recording people without their knowledge ....

Think Shepherd is to be commended for showing up Wilfrid Laurier and SJWs in general as thugs & bullies. But sure hope she hasn't run afoul of the law.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: Welp,

If that's true, it's a really bad metaphor, because in the movie seeing things kills you or turns you crazy.
Medusa, Part Deux? Though it might be worthwhile to consider the mythological solution to that problem:
Since Medusa was the only one of the three Gorgons who was mortal, Perseus was able to slay her while looking at the reflection from the mirrored shield he received from Athena. ....
And one might argue that pointing to the racism "reflected" in the woke and in "people of colour" is analogous.

free thoughtpolice

jugheadnaut wrote:
Look.at the nasty kind of swipes that Brive makes at "liberals" and maybe you will understand why I wrote that little bit lumping him in with the extremists on the far right. You seem to really miss the context of what I'm writing. Kind of like when you decided that when I mocked Lindsey Graham's pathetic denials of his sexuality during his lifelong battle against gay rights as gaybaiting.
I know a lot of conservatives, some smart ones and others not that smart. I even happen to agree with conservatives on a quite a few things, I am after all mainly a centrist with an appreciation of many liberal values. (think Paul Martin Jr.) Not all rightwingers are bigots and plenty of lefties are.
Hey, some of my best friends are conservatives. :P
Let me fix your last sentence for you.
Brive enjoys maintaining a cartoon version of ideologies and especially partisan positions different than his own.
You apparently don't understand where I'm coming from.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Steersman wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: My cup runneth over?

https://twitter.com/clairlemon/status/1078565826037395456
:o ... :lol:
Wonder what the legality is of recording people without their knowledge ....

Think Shepherd is to be commended for showing up Wilfrid Laurier and SJWs in general as thugs & bullies. But sure hope she hasn't run afoul of the law.
My understanding is that all of Canada is a one party consent jurisdiction when it comes to audio recording, and this page from an employment litigation firm appears to remove all doubt. I don't think she has anything to worry about.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:
Nasty.

Whereas your prolonged mid-life crisis has been a sheer pleasure. Your defense of the alt-right while "no-true-scotsman" tactic for their more unsavory ideas never grow tiring, all while you lump very disparate "liberal" ideas together. A very fine tactic, if you have no integrity. Your rejection of all liberal thought (including that which constitutes liberal democracy) while aligning yourself with antivaxxers and "brain supplements " hucksters is certainly amusing. Here's to hearing you whine in PoMo speak for another year. And do continue to support your boy Trump; he's looking better all the time.

Spurgy enough for you? Or you could, you know, not be an asshole. Either works for me.

free thoughtpolice

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:02 pm
Is it possible to accept the Goldern One has a valid point ignored by liberals as un-PC (ie that a father should encourage his daughter to avoid third world Islamic countries) - while rejecting a Nazi basis for this proposition? Ie acknowledge the awkward truth that a WS is closer to commonsense here than the middle of the road lib ....
I'm a centrist liberal and I would discourage young women as well as young men from going into dangerous situations anywhere and obviously third world countries too. I don't know where you get the idea that middle of the road liberals don't have obvious common sense.
Case in point. A number of years ago I was advising a young woman and her friends not to hitchhike and especially on some of the isolated highways in northern BC as there were woman going missing up there. They were adults and not my children and laughed off my advice. One of those young women ended up murdered while she was hitchhiking. It isn't just muslims that rape and murder and it can happen in a relatively safe first world country.
You really don't have a clue about what liberal values are if you think it consists of encouraging young people to do foolhardy and dangerous things.