The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Old subthreads
CaptainFluffyBunny

The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote: Literally Hitler.

“White genocide” free zone

What is the liberal response to the Islamic Party of Ontario? There is obvious tension between making moslems a protected class, encouraging immigration, celebrating cultural diversity, cracking down on right wing ‘thought crime’ and then, when push comes to shove, protecting Wesern values.
Why is it that you are so easily able to differentiate between Goldy's association with racists and liberal ideas with protecting illiberal ideas like Islam? They dont even call themselves liberals anymore for the most part; "neoliberal " is an insult? I know you're not too stupid to understand, but your deliberate attempts to conflate illiberal ctrl-left with liberalism in general is annoying. Are you trolling, or have you lost it?
Last edited by Lsuoma on Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Splitting and renaming topic - only post title changed, not post contents.

Brive1987

Re: Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Post by Brive1987 »

And I’m pointing out that FtB has expressed cultural alignment with the new progressive Democratic Left (whose SJW creds had been objective fact for most sane people). No need to courtesy-troll.

But when I want to discuss why Trump is a preferable lump of shit compared to his opponents, I’ll do so in your chosen patch.

Out of politeness.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

What is the liberal response to the Islamic Party of Ontario? There is obvious tension between making moslems a protected class, encouraging immigration, celebrating cultural diversity, cracking down on right wing ‘thought crime’ and then, when push comes to shove, protecting Wesern values.
Why is it that you are so easily able to differentiate between Goldy's association with racists and liberal ideas with protecting illiberal ideas like Islam? They dont even call themselves liberals anymore for the most part; "neoliberal " is an insult? I know you're not too stupid to understand, but your deliberate attempts to conflate illiberal ctrl-left with liberalism in general is annoying. Are you trolling, or have you lost it?
I thought we’d explored why the use of singular ‘liberal’ is a problem. Let alone a term like “liberalism in general”. Even more so in a world with a vanishing centre.

In the context I supplied, “Liberal” runs the gamut of the Canadian Liberal Party through to its popular socially progressive supporters.

The unstated point was that if the ‘relevant’ liberals had bounded their bleeding hearts with a controlled measure of cultural nationalism then you wouldn’t have the likes of Goldy prancing about.

But they haven’t. So you do.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:

I thought we’d explored why the use of singular ‘liberal’ is a problem. Let alone a term like “liberalism in general”. Even more so in a world with a vanishing centre.

In the context I supplied, “Liberal” runs the gamut of the Canadian Liberal Party through to its popular socially progressive supporters.

The unstated point was that if the ‘relevant’ liberals had bounded their bleeding hearts with a controlled measure of cultural nationalism then you wouldn’t have the likes of Goldy prancing about.

You failed to put forth a coherent argument, let alone a compelling one for lumping a large spectrum of the left into a singular group. Now blaming the left for Goldy seems sorta hurtful, but I confess you're probably correct. So you're saying she's the venereal disease of the left's excesses?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote: And I’m pointing out that FtB has expressed cultural alignment with the new progressive Democratic Left (whose SJW creds had been objective fact for most sane people). No need to courtesy-troll.

But when I want to discuss why Trump is a preferable lump of shit compared to his opponents, I’ll do so in your chosen patch.

Out of politeness.
But you always seem a bit outraged that you've expressed cultural alignment with The Daily Stormer. Curious.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

To the first part.

I see SJWism, fascist-liberalism and establishment neo-liberalism working hand in hand to enact material social change. Classical liberalism is outside the tent straining unsuccessfully to find traction and relevance.

Right-wing counter reaction is inevitable to establish an equilibrium and expose the progressive agenda. Ergo Trump, Generation ID, Southern and TRobinson.

Culturally based social conservatism, with slow and organic change, is the desirable middle ground. As always, insert my ‘America is a weird outlier’ caveat. The trick is how to get back to this mindset.

I would much prefer this conservatism to be expressed in an intellectually responsible fashion. Alas RedIce et al embed aspects of it in a racial conspiracy clown show of their own.

Goldy has flopped about with her engagement strategy. Her ultimate rejection of the radical right (ie alignment with Jewish groups, no real ownership of racial blood and soil BS, her Catholicity, the anti trad-thot insanity etc) has resulted in a desirable fracture.

Overall she is making a positive cultural argument against the context of measurable demographic change. To me this is a relative island of sanity.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brive wrote:

It was also the fault of liberals that Brievik shot up all those libtards. They made him do it!
The inevitable slide of Liberalism into destroying western society, which if we have to be honest is white, pushed the poor guy into self defense.
I can only hope that my embrace of liberalism hasn't contributed to the likes of Goldy prancing about or Brievik murdering libtards. :cry:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:00 pm
Snippity

As for the rest, I had a “fuck you” prepared. But the simple truth is offensive enough.

You have become the Slymepit’s Caine.

Take a step back from your self appointed moderation.
Besides, I'm not sure that Caine would really approve of me-
1206181556.jpg
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 488 times
Now, go back to the fallacy of "Anything that remotely agrees with PZ must make you wrong, hur dur." Or maybe "Muh precious Bogan culture!"

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote: And I’m pointing out that FtB has expressed cultural alignment with the new progressive Democratic Left (whose SJW creds had been objective fact for most sane people). No need to courtesy-troll.

Out of politeness.
But you always seem a bit outraged that you've expressed cultural alignment with The Daily Stormer. Curious.
Where have I expressed that insanity? I couldn’t be more explicitly outside their worldview if I donned a pileus cornutus and started gnawing foreskins.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brive wrote:
[quoteGoldy has flopped about with her engagement strategy. Her ultimate rejection of the radical right (ie alignment with Jewish groups, no real ownership of racial blood and soil BS, her Catholicity, the anti trad-thot insanity etc) has resulted in a desirable fracture.

Overall she is making a positive cultural argument against the context of measurable demographic change. To me this is a relative island of sanity.][/quote]
So apparently you agree with my diagnosis that the "alt-light" has similar characteristics to the marxist gender queer community.
You and Goldy are alt-lighter fluid and can go from praising the neo-nazis as having sound reasoning... and now calling them satanic racists.
And she denies ever using the phrase "white genocide". Gosh, the gullible love struck fanbois that defended her doing that must feel really stupid now, if they have any self awareness. :P

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote: To the first part.

I see SJWism, fascist-liberalism and establishment neo-liberalism working hand in hand to enact material social change. Classical liberalism is outside the tent straining unsuccessfully to find traction and relevance.

Right-wing counter reaction is inevitable to establish an equilibrium and expose the progressive agenda. Ergo Trump, Generation ID, Southern and TRobinson.

Culturally based social conservatism, with slow and organic change, is the desirable middle ground. As always, insert my ‘America is a weird outlier’ caveat. The trick is how to get back to this mindset.

I would much prefer this conservatism to be expressed in an intellectually responsible fashion. Alas RedIce et al embed aspects of it in a racial conspiracy clown show of their own.

Goldy has flopped about with her engagement strategy. Her ultimate rejection of the radical right (ie alignment with Jewish groups, no real ownership of racial blood and soil BS, her Catholicity, the anti trad-thot insanity etc) has resulted in a desirable fracture.

Overall she is making a positive cultural argument against the context of measurable demographic change. To me this is a relative island of sanity.
Actually, her antics and lowbrow intellect serve to disenfranchise most everything you stand for. PZ is a clown, and so is Goldy. They are polar opposite clowns, but clowns nonetheless. What you fail to understand is that a certain dynamism is necessary in politics, as well as life. That there will be cartoon people on either end of the horseshoe, but that the middle may have honest disagreements without being insane. In fact, the two sides are necessary. This is why, as a liberal, I lament the death of the conservative movement under Trump. I understand that it is a push-pull dynamic, not a false dichotomy of good-evil. Your...issue...seems to preclude you from understanding this, which is fine. But it also seems to lead to to an inordinate amount of insults and snarky posts. Not so good.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive wrote:

It was also the fault of liberals that Brievik shot up all those libtards. They made him do it!
The inevitable slide of Liberalism into destroying western society, which if we have to be honest is white, pushed the poor guy into self defense.
I can only hope that my embrace of liberalism hasn't contributed to the likes of Goldy prancing about or Brievik murdering libtards. :cry:
Here, let Godwin this stupid conversation into abeyance.
It was also the fault of appeasing democracies that Hitler shot up all those poles. They made him do it!
The inevitable slide of appeasing democracies into destroying European peace, which if we have to be honest is white, pushed the poor guy into opportunism.
I can only hope that my embrace of appeasement hasn't contributed to the likes of Hitler prancing about or Himmer murdering Jews. :cry:
QED. Chamberlain and Daladier Dindu Nuffin.

You should be a professor.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:

Out of politeness.
Where have I expressed that insanity? I couldn’t be more explicitly outside their worldview if I donned a pileus cornutus and started gnawing foreskins.
Your continued failure to understand is both vexing and amusing. As is the mental picture of you gnawing foreskins. Must be an Aussie delicacy.

You can't lump the left together as a whole while allowing fine distinctions in the upright. Your position on many things aligns very much with The Daily Stormer. This is undeniable, although I suspect you'll still deny it. You can't simply divide via fiat that you may draw distinctions between one side, while deciding the entire other side is simply villains. All that does is expose your prejudice. Rather than assigning cognitive bias to everyone else, you might wanna address your own first,

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

“the middle may have honest disagreements without being insane”

Where exactly is this enlightened dialog (concerning culture, immigration and integration) taking place? The Overton Window has long since slammed shut.

But here, have some $5 words. Your .... issue .... is a disconnect (or disinterest) in the material outcome of bipartisan agendas inimical to social cohesion. NeoCon. NeoLib. Social progressive. This is an axis of evil.

As are your grumpy posts that encourage FTP to engage. Also not good.

I agree. PZ is a clown, he embraces bullshit Pomo social theory. On the other hand Goldy is reacting to empirical demographic data and measurable change backed by observable (if sometimes exaggerated) fact. She may act like a clown at times for effect, but the messages are different. Now if her base premise is wrong, I’m all ears.

Naturally the fact you disagree with both PZ and Goldy is not evidence of equivalence.

Also tendrils > horseshoe.

That the left have enjoyed social dominance and can act in concert in a way the right don’t/can’t is unarguable. Your blindness to this is counter-vexing. The clawing SJWs at the doors of the Supreme Court while operating under Pelosi’s approving gaze are an apt metaphor.

Also amusing is my apparent homage to Daily Stormer while you are a card carrying operative of PZ’s wet-dream Communards. And FTP jacks off to daily doses of SJW hate sites. This alignment thingie is perplexing.

Re Aussie delicacies, look up metzitzah b'peh. It can be your ‘word of the day’.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote: “the middle may have honest disagreements without being insane”

Where exactly is this enlightened dialog (concerning culture, immigration and integration) taking place? The Overton Window has long since slammed shut.

But here, have some $5 words. Your .... issue .... is a disconnect (or disinterest) in the material outcome of bipartisan agendas inimical to social cohesion. NeoCon. NeoLib. Social progressive. This is an axis of evil.

As are your grumpy posts that encourage FTP to engage. Also not good.

I agree. PZ is a clown, he embraces bullshit Pomo social theory. On the other hand Goldy is reacting to empirical demographic data and measurable change backed by observable (if sometimes exaggerated) fact. She may act like a clown at times for effect, but the messages are different. Now if her base premise is wrong, I’m all ears.

Naturally the fact you disagree with both PZ and Goldy is not evidence of equivalence.

Also tendrils > horseshoe.

That the left have enjoyed social dominance and can act in concert in a way the right don’t/can’t is unarguable. Your blindness to this is counter-vexing. The clawing SJWs at the doors of the Supreme Court while operating under Pelosi’s approving gaze are an apt metaphor.

Also amusing is my apparent homage to Daily Stormer while you are a card carrying operative of PZ’s wet-dream Communards. And FTP jacks off to daily doses of SJW hate sites. This alignment thingie is perplexing.

Re Aussie delicacies, look up metzitzah b'peh. It can be your ‘word of the day’.
You seem insane. Perhaps take a brief break and consult a mental health professional. The left enjoys cultural dominance...while Trump is president...you're almost compelling in an Infowars sorta way. Yes, cultural dominance via near total political disenfranchisement. Makes sense. :roll:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Thank you for your ad hom. Be proud.

The SJW, left / neo lib fulcrum has as many distinctions as there are definitions for “liberal”. Correct me if I’m wrong, but they also enjoy significant commonality of goal.

Common goals include antipathy to most cultural based traditions, pro diversity of culture and people, anti traditional (ethnic) nationstate, pro civic nationstate (ie largely structureless), anti collective basis for behaviour. Naturally the SJW will continue their trajectory to weirdness to the horror of other libs, neoliberals will only be tactically interested in social outcomes so far as they progress economic power, classic liberals will use a ‘muh individuality’ lens etc. But material outcomes like gay marriage, multiculti and structural opposition to religion/nationalism/50’s style nuclear family and limits on “hate speech” etc generally fall within the consensus. Crucially, this axis does currently hold the whip hand of structural power (education, media, pop culture). Trump is a belated reaction this. And he is ineffective.

When used against the context of this commonality, it’s ok and even appropriate to lump ‘the left’ together to explain the dynamic. And this lumping does not negate subsequent significant ideological divergence. Not every liberal is verging on SJW.

The commonalities of the right also exist. Pretty much switch the above poles around. And guess what? Lumping does not negate subsequent significant ideological divergence. Not every social conservative is verging on Nazi. “The right generally opposes mass immigration” is not a dumb observation. But “the right tends to converge on racism and nazism” would be a dumb ass thing to say.

Is this really that complex?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Is it possible that an AfD office could be targeted by an actual bomb (ie one that really goes *bang*) and then 4 days later an AfD member of the Bundestag is beaten close to death ... and the media doesn’t wet its pants in excited reportage?

https://www.rt.com/news/448275-germany- ... al-attack/
https://www.rt.com/news/448070-explosio ... e-germany/

Seems an escalation on Trump’s the Right’s Cesar Sayoc’s use of dud ‘weapons of mass effect’.

I’m sure CNN will catch up.

http://i.imgur.com/z8w1A50.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yBWd9Nt.jpg

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Thank you for your ad hom. Be proud.

The SJW, left / neo lib fulcrum has as many distinctions as there are definitions for “liberal”. Correct me if I’m wrong, but they also enjoy significant commonality of goal.

Common goals include antipathy to most cultural based traditions, pro diversity of culture and people, anti traditional (ethnic) nationstate, pro civic nationstate (ie largely structureless), anti collective basis for behaviour. Naturally the SJW will continue their trajectory to weirdness to the horror of other libs, neoliberals will only be tactically interested in social outcomes so far as they progress economic power, classic liberals will use a ‘muh individuality’ lens etc. But material outcomes like gay marriage, multiculti and structural opposition to religion/nationalism/50’s style nuclear family and limits on “hate speech” etc generally fall within the consensus. Crucially, this axis does currently hold the whip hand of structural power (education, media, pop culture). Trump is a belated reaction this. And he is ineffective.

When used against the context of this commonality, it’s ok and even appropriate to lump ‘the left’ together to explain the dynamic. And this lumping does not negate subsequent significant ideological divergence. Not every liberal is verging on SJW.

The commonalities of the right also exist. Pretty much switch the above poles around. And guess what? Lumping does not negate subsequent significant ideological divergence. Not every social conservative is verging on Nazi. “The right generally opposes mass immigration” is not a dumb observation. But “the right tends to converge on racism and nazism” would be a dumb ass thing to say.

TL; DR: You believe that traditions and cultural collectives are more important than individual human rights, and you see immigration as a cultural threat to be curbed out lest it produces a Twilight of the West.

Oswald Spengler and Samuel Huntington are your philosophical basis.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

TL; DR: You believe that traditions and cultural collectives are more important than individual human rights, and you see immigration as a cultural threat to be curbed out lest it produces a Twilight of the West.

Oswald Spengler and Samuel Huntington are your philosophical basis.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Fundamentally, Brive, as much as you want to distance yourself from the Blood and Soil fascists, you share eith them the anti-Enlightenment assumption that collective identity is more important than individual rights.

You're fine with minorities which have a history in your preferred collective (like Jews) and you're likely not going to investigate the precise ancestry of the people you see as being culturally loyal enough (no One Drop Rule on your part) but ultimately it's all about cultural allegiance and identity rather than principles and actions.

This is why we strongly disagree.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Your problem Kirb is that you are completely black and white in your approach. And you are disingenuous.
You believe that traditions and cultural collectives are more important than individual human rights, and you see immigration as a cultural threat to be curbed out lest it produces a Twilight of the West.
Two macro ideas here.

First I believe that there must be a balance between individual rights and collective norms. In a healthy society this develops naturally and evolves slowly over time. Your dichotomy is appalling. But not unexpected.

Secondly I see mass immigration without cultural criteria, constraint or simple awareness as a challenge to existing collective cultural norms. “A Twilight of the West” is a tad Wagnerian for me. Let’s rephrase to “the erosion of unique communities loosely linked by shared currents of history, culture and tradition.”

:hankey:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Not an ad hominem, boy. You've seriously lost the plot. Serious question; is anybody concerned about you/your recent opinions IRL? Despite our quite significant differences in opinion, I will be willing to listen to you. PM me.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Your problem Kirb is that you are completely black and white in your approach. And you are disingenuous.
You believe that traditions and cultural collectives are more important than individual human rights, and you see immigration as a cultural threat to be curbed out lest it produces a Twilight of the West.
Two macro ideas here.

First I believe that there must be a balance between individual rights and collective norms. In a healthy society this develops naturally and evolves slowly over time. Your dichotomy is appalling. But not unexpected.

Secondly I see mass immigration without cultural criteria, constraint or simple awareness as a challenge to existing collective cultural norms. “A Twilight of the West” is a tad Wagnerian for me. Let’s rephrase to “the erosion of unique communities loosely linked by shared currents of history, culture and tradition.”

Basically I am right, but you don't like my tone.

The dichotomy between individual rights and collective culture is inherent in your ideas. You want a largely culturally homogeneous society, which is inevitably going to infringe upon individual rights at some pont.

The Twilight of the West is the title of Oswald Spengler's book which sums up your ideas of cultural collectives in a more streamlined and less wishy-washy fashion.

It's funny that you think I'm too black and white when I'm conceding that you're not a Blood and Soil white nationalist, while you lump anyone who's not on board with cultural collectivism as a "lib-tard".

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Take this bullshit to the thread designated for it:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=544

This shit is driving people away.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:58 pm
Fundamentally, Brive, as much as you want to distance yourself from the Blood and Soil fascists, you share eith them the anti-Enlightenment assumption that collective identity is more important than individual rights.
I think Peterson (and by extension Brive) are absolutely right to point out that rights, by themselves, are not a good goal or ideal. They must be coupled with responsibilities. A person can only be free if they have the moral character to choose to not do things that the culture finds "problematic". Otherwise, the state must become involved. I believe in individual rights, but I think that requires a unified culture that agrees on values and nationhood, that allow people to act without state supervision. A worrying alternative will be the social credit system we see coming out of China.

I don't get what's so hard to understand about Brive's points. (I don't completely agree with him though; I don't understand his obsession with Goldy.)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Keating wrote: I think Peterson .... are absolutely right to point out that rights, by themselves, are not a good goal or ideal.
This would seem to go against his views on free (or compelled) speech.

Keating

Post by Keating »

He did deplatform Goldy, after all.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Brive1987 wrote: If I do experience a mid life crisis it won’t involve anyone with Goldy’s .... unique speech inflections.
You draw attention to a detail quite correctly; she has a voice that would quickly become grating. Upper Canada Creaky Voice (what it's called where it's too cold for a voice to fry). But I'd suggest her entire person is constructed similarly - each of her parts looks quite ordinary, but somehow they don't go together. Perhaps I'm in a pre-psychotic phase, but I get the feeling there's something wrong with that body, as if it's been constructed rather than organically grown. Or maybe it's the heroin-chic thinness.
Brive1987 wrote: Though it may well incorporate the B track of Brittany Pettibone (given Matt has apparently left the A side as ‘damaged goods’).
The B side is not meant to be played, and whilst it can be used occasionally, quickly becomes damaged and leakage ensues. Word to the wise.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:27 pm
Ape+Lust, you always seem to master the difficult art of mixing genius with depravity!

:)
Thanks, Commander :D

Those vividly vile things you urge Peez to do (Zoo dung slurry - bottoms up!) might have something to do with it :lol:

MarcusAu

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote: ...each of her parts looks quite ordinary, but somehow they don't go together...
"Some of her parts are not unknown, but the way they're assembled are all her own"

John D

Post by John D »

Yawn is right... except for Ape+lust

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Keating wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
I think Peterson (and by extension Brive) are absolutely right to point out that rights, by themselves, are not a good goal or ideal. They must be coupled with responsibilities. A person can only be free if they have the moral character to choose to not do things that the culture finds "problematic". Otherwise, the state must become involved. I believe in individual rights, but I think that requires a unified culture that agrees on values and nationhood, that allow people to act without state supervision. A worrying alternative will be the social credit system we see coming out of China.

I don't get what's so hard to understand about Brive's points. (I don't completely agree with him though; I don't understand his obsession with Goldy.)
I agree. I also do not understand why no one addresses Andrew's points regarding the changes re: Canada (Maybe Krib can write a paragraph on that). As with most of these type of arguments the low hanging fruit is all the rebuttals will focus on it seems. It is probably moot now as it will move to a different thread.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Nice to see Antifa engaging in sober, rational, and well-argued political debate:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46792556

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

(Yeah, I know it's an assumption: bite me...)

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Keating wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

I'm on board with civic responsibilities. Indeed I think that liberal democracies need to push for some sort of civic service as a pathway to naturalization, or to acquisition of civic rights in general, possibly if done in a way that is also useful to one's professional life.

I also agree that you need to teach and support a common civic culture based on Enlightenment and liberal democratic principles, and to fight against those who preach values incompatible to these principles, without compromising important values like freedom of speech or separation of church and state or freedom to change religions or equal dignity and personal integrity to the censorious or reactionary whims of conservative islam, for example.

In practical terms this means no concessions like religious tribunals which operate outside of the legal framework of liberal democracy, or meetings segregated by gender or other special treatment in the name of "muh culture", and no political or social tolerance for reactionary religious leaders who preach that women should be legally inferior to men, or homophobic or misogynistic or anti-apostasy or anti-Ahmadi violent messages.

A gatekeeper of religiously inspired bigotry like Linda Sarsour needs to be shunned the way most people shun Faith Goldy. The praise she receives from progressive circles is disgraceful, and the more people are exposed to her support for people like Farrakhan, the better. The woke are pathetic losers when they defend people whose principles are the complete antithesis of the liberal democracy they want to defend from the far-right.

I disagree that the choice is between a completely unitary culture, especially if based on ethnic rather than principled stances, and authoritarian systems like the Chinese social credit. This is a false dichotomy, just like the SocJus false dichotomy between their side and their postmodern word games and everyone they dislike a call "alt-right".

The cultural issues with islam, and especially the more conservative and reactionary parts of islam, are real, and need to be addressed by people who value Enlightenment and modern values, instead of being dismissed as "islamophobia" or racism. The problem is that the SocJus has a very easy job painting all their critics and critics of islam as racists when some racists among them are tolerated or supported or promoted. In order for the real message about reactionary and conservative islam to be heard, all the white and "western" identitarian crud must be filtered out.

When the message isn't about how to fight anti-modern and anti-Enlightenment messages in islam, but about counting how many people with dark skin walk around Paris, or talking about "the Great Replacement", EVEN IF your intent is about highlighting cultural issues you end up offering shelter to those obsessed with race and ancestry.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Mwuhaha!

That'll larn the fucker - shame there's no vid!

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RqAD8B39vA

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The big issue about politics on the left is that the wokes have become so obsessed with cultures, ancestry and race as the measure of all things that they forget about the principles they allegedly support. The same thing is true on the right with the alt-right. Indeed the identitarian process started within the right even before the alt-right, at least in the US, and goes back to the birth of the Religious Right and its anti-Enlightenment, reactionary messages.

A liberal democracy needs both a progressive wing to push for reforms, and a conservative wing to preserve important principles. People who propose new ideas for new issues and people who are more skeptical and adhere to an older reading of laws or constitutions. People who propose spending for some projects and people who keep track of the spending and judge whether the benefits outweigh the costs. A "left" and a "right", to use classic political labels.

What a liberal democracy doesn't need is parties and movements which reject the principles of liberal democracy in favor of some identitarian concern. Parties and movements based on religion or ethnicity or race as the measure of all things, that politics is not about defending and extending legal protections to those who need them, and addressing dysfunctions in the system, but about the primacy of one's identity, the protecting of offended sensibilities, the "collective interests" of a group.

Identitarianism is inherently divisive. Once you identify only as a member of your group, and all your political efforts are only on behalf of your group, other groups immediately become The Enemy, the Out-Group, the rival tribe. Nuance is lost, rational debate becomes impossible, and talks about reforms or concerns about those reforms is buried under countless affirmation of one's identity, moral outrages, and shit-stirring.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Identity politics are ultimately vague, shallow, about signalling one's tribal virtue, and so the PERFECT tool for political grifters. Donald Trump is an excellent example of that. All of his electoral promises (MAGA, the Wall Paid by Mexico, Drain the Swamp, etc.) were about signalling his allegiance to the "classic America" tribe, supporting a narrative of restored collective pride and future greatness. They were all unrealistic, based on lies, and likely just a flimsy cover for getting his family and cronies in the right positions to abuse of the system and get filthy rich in the process.

On the other side of the aisle all the SocJus small scale grifters, from Anita Sarkeesian to Zoe Quinn, operated in the same way: they gave their audiences a badge to signal their virtue, pride, and future ambitions which ultimately amounts to bullshit and to schemes to get money for nothing.

If you want to swindle someone, flatter their pride, tell them you'll make them rich/powerful/independent/"great", that the group they choose to identify with is oppressed by some evil doers, and promise to make things right. You'll get plenty of suckers ready to give you money or votes or support just for saying the right things, and they'll stay on your side even when it all turns out to be a con that cost them a lot, made you rich and/or powerful, and gave them nothing. But boy did you make them feel good and righteous.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: If I do experience a mid life crisis it won’t involve anyone with Goldy’s .... unique speech inflections.
You draw attention to a detail quite correctly; she has a voice that would quickly become grating. Upper Canada Creaky Voice (what it's called where it's too cold for a voice to fry). But I'd suggest her entire person is constructed similarly - each of her parts looks quite ordinary, but somehow they don't go together. Perhaps I'm in a pre-psychotic phase, but I get the feeling there's something wrong with that body, as if it's been constructed rather than organically grown. Or maybe it's the heroin-chic thinness.
I see similarities between Goldy and Elizabeth Holmes, pathological liar and CEO of the sham blood testing corp, Theranos. Besides just having plain freaky physical features, Holmes also artificially lowered her voice ... and never blinks.

Elizabeth_Holmes2.jpg
(64.93 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
Tl;DR: Goldy is an untrustworthy freak. While there is much legitimate criticism to be made of the status quo, it seems unwise to depend on it coming from a shape-shifter with all the compassion of the Ustaše.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Just by accident discovered the Cunties noms thread.
I missed the Official Announcement here - Where was it?
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=551

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Can I nominate Polyana Viana for 'pit pinup? Not only is she smoking hot, she's clearly a bit of a bad-ass who can handle herself and would make a fantastic role model for teh wimminz!

https://i0.wp.com/consolarse.com/wp-con ... C710&ssl=1

This video is pretty funny; if it's accurate, not only did the would-be mugger choose a clearly athletic victim but he chose one wearing a "UFC" t-shirt! Sure, anyone can wear a branded t-shirt but c'mon, use your noodle, man. Also, that cardboard gun...seriously? Fucking clown-shoes.

Anyway, massive props to Viana.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Take this bullshit to the thread designated for it:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=544

I've tried, oh gods how I have tried. I created separate threads, asked nicely, but to no avail, because of a certain angry Aussie. Although I'm a sorta free speech absolutist, I would have no objection if Lsuoma forcibly moved all of the crap to the appropriate threads.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote: Can I nominate Polyana Viana for 'pit pinup?
Is this not something you want to keep to yourself?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Bhurzum wrote: Can I nominate Polyana Viana for 'pit pinup? Not only is she smoking hot, she's clearly a bit of a bad-ass who can handle herself and would make a fantastic role model for teh wimminz!

This video is pretty funny; if it's accurate, not only did the would-be mugger choose a clearly athletic victim but he chose one wearing a "UFC" t-shirt! Sure, anyone can wear a branded t-shirt but c'mon, use your noodle, man. Also, that cardboard gun...seriously? Fucking clown-shoes.

Street level criminals are often dumb cunts.

Smarter criminal cunts become lawyers, CEOs or presidents.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Kirbmarc wrote: Smarter criminal cunts become lawyers, CEOs or presidents.
Lawyers, CEOs and presidents with enough money to buy a..."beating" from women like Viana. Lucky bastards...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: Is this not something you want to keep to yourself?
I'm a sharing kinda guy...

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Bhurzum wrote: Can I nominate Polyana Viana for 'pit pinup? Not only is she smoking hot, she's clearly a bit of a bad-ass who can handle herself and would make a fantastic role model for teh wimminz!

Is that a man or some kind of mutated hairless spider monkey?

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

This shit made me laugh out loud.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:24 am
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Take this bullshit to the thread designated for it:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=544

I've tried, oh gods how I have tried. I created separate threads, asked nicely, but to no avail, because of a certain angry Aussie. Although I'm a sorta free speech absolutist, I would have no objection if Lsuoma forcibly moved all of the crap to the appropriate threads.
Poor baby. Let’s not forget this escalated after I observed PZ had identified the New Democratic Left as best practice. A certain someone got triggered and threw himself into ‘thread defence’.

Your adulation of Matt (cool dude that he is) is kinda cute though.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: Is this not something you want to keep to yourself?
I'm a sharing kinda guy...
Paging Dr. Carrier, PhD; paging Dr. Carrier, PhD...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: Paging Dr. Carrier, PhD; paging Dr. Carrier, PhD...
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/82/82086d5 ... 93c563.jpg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Nevermind Ocasio-Cortez, wait until Elyse hears Whoopi talking about her bread and butter. A free and "woke" woman can poop on whomever she wants (especially if the chump is paying for it).

https://i.imgur.com/7d247fo.png

https://www.thewrap.com/whoopi-goldberg ... on-people/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote:
I'd rather not think about what 'nominate' entails in this circumstance.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Even more disturbing is the idea of getting someone to 'second his motion'.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Even more disturbing is the idea of getting someone to 'second his motion'.
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances ... sifies.jpg

Last one on has to mop up the crime scene... ;)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

What the fucking fuckity fuck?

Woman in persistent vegetative state for a decade gives birth to a baby in late December.

It take a lot to gross me out, but...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46800188

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

https://static.musictoday.com/store/ban ... /76721.JPG

What? WHAT? Ah, fuck y'all... :evil:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Ape+lust wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:27 pm
https://i.imgur.com/0HsMloz.jpg
Ape+Lust, you always seem to master the difficult art of mixing genius with depravity!

:)
Thanks, Commander :D

Those vividly vile things you urge Peez to do (Zoo dung slurry - bottoms up!) might have something to do with it :lol:
[/quote]