You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
free thoughtpolice

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by free thoughtpolice »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Every single feminist and SJW protestor I've seen, has always smirked when they have trashed some place up, or assaulted somebody, at a protest.
That makes them assholes. Videos of them doing that get recirculated and they get called out on it and ridrculed for their scumbag attitude.
Why should that be any different for the MAGGOT hat crowd?

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

free thoughtpolice wrote: CommanderTuvok wrote:
Every single feminist and SJW protestor I've seen, has always smirked when they have trashed some place up, or assaulted somebody, at a protest.
That makes them assholes. Videos of them doing that get recirculated and they get called out on it and ridrculed for their scumbag attitude.
The difference may be the treatment in the mainstream press. I don't recall a story about the horrors of an Antifa or other left-wing protester smirking.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

free thoughtpolice wrote: This video shows the kids jeering and mocking the native americans while jumping around as if dancing.
It has already been claimed that the dancing/chanting done by the kids is a school sport/team thing, same with the "axe chopping" motion/dance. I'm not a septic-tank and don't know much about these things, feel free to tune me in. Or not, I'm easy.

Note: I'll be the first to suggest it's culturally insensitive. But then again, I'm not a septic so my opinion is irrelevant.
free thoughtpolice wrote: If you think that behavior is cute then you are an asshole.
If it was true, I'd not find it "cute" but still be an asshole. Because I am an asshole. A dirty great asshole who doesn't give two squirts of hot piss about your pwecious feewings. If you're going to act like a little bitch with a skinned knee, I'm not going to play nice with you. Sorry, not sorry.
youtube.com/watch?v=tTOn3gBZcIU
I stopped watching at roughly 3 minutes in. Two reasons:

1) I've already watched the full video (linked above) without biased narration.
2) The narration is pure bullshit (certainly up until the point I stopped watching):

The kids were "intimidating the elder" (he was clearly quite calm and happily banging his drum and chanting)
The kids "surrounded the elder" (he walked right into the middle of them, watch the full video linked above)
The kids were "hooting war cries and mocking him" (that would be the retarded school/sport chant-thing mentioned above)
"One of the kids gets very close to Phillips and stares at him with a disturbing grin" (Phillips walked up to him, not the other way around)
"Phillips was previously a victim of..." (Stopped at this point, had enough of the bullshit)
free thoughtpolice wrote: As for that tweet by Soave, I see zero video showing his claim. If you can find some video that confirms his claim let's see it. I can't find it.
I'm armed with the same internet, I'll take your word for it. I guess time will tell?

Look, I get it, you hate the kids and are desperate to find something, anything, to justify your outrage and hatred but can't you at least acknowledge the blatant spin surrounding this utter shite?

Olive branch: The spin cuts both ways but at the moment, it's mostly coming from the usual suspects...

free thoughtpolice

Driftless wrote:
The difference may be the treatment in the mainstream press. I don't recall a story about the horrors of an Antifa or other left-wing protester smirking.
I agree that antifa has gotten off light much of the time. They do get it from occasion though from even more left leaning media:
https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/8/1 ... -the-right

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Did you watch the video? You only have to look at the beginning to see that the "Black Israelite" goofs aren't allies at all to the indians. They are taunting the indians. That video does absolutely nothing to confirm Soave's claims either. I skimmed through it and can't find anything that shows that the indians were allied with the blacks other than the claims made by those religious idiots which was nonsense like the other crap they were spouting. Got a time stamp that shows otherwise?
Sorry, my bad.

It was claimed by CNN (I think) that the black dudes were allies of the native Americans; when I wrote my comment (draft), I mentioned the fact that they were hostile hence the scare-quotes around "allies." Obviously, because I'm thicker than a brick smoothie, during my clumsy final proof reading/edit, I removed that part but left the scare-quotes in place.

Sorry, I'll try to be better.

free thoughtpolice

Bhurzum wrote:
The kids were "hooting war cries and mocking him" (that would be the retarded school/sport chant-thing mentioned above)
It looked to me they started doing the fake indian dance with the war whoops and the jeering when you start to hear the drumming. At that point the indians are approaching but are off camera so I don't buy that the little angels were innocently doing a school chant before Philips barged in on them.
Look, I get it, you hate the kids and are desperate to find something, anything, to justify your outrage and hatred but can't you at least acknowledge the blatant spin surrounding this utter shite?

Olive branch: The spin cuts both ways but at the moment, it's mostly coming from the usual suspects...
I will acknowledge that there was inaccurate reporting about the exact events. You are right that I'm disgusted by those brats but I don't need to make up shit to justify my outrage. The jeering and snotty behavior of those kids I can see on that video is shameful.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I know an advertisting exec. She used to work at Grey-- the agency behind the Gillette ad. Gillette/P&G is their biggest account.
Since the ad debacle, she has received two emails from former co-workers at Grey, seeking job leads elsewhere.
This weekend, she attended an ad-industry reunion party, & everyone was saying WHATTHEFUCK? to the Gillette ad.

How bad is the Gillette ad? So bad... that it actually forced SNL to be funny. Shocking, I know...

A few days ago I worked on an advertising shoot-- for some kind of weight reduction product. Liposuction? Freezing the fat? I don't know the details.
The spokes-celeb is on TV, on Real Reality Housewives of Sex In The City... or something like that. I wasn't paying attention.
But, one thing I did notice, was the part where they 50+ woman was wearing a bikini.

First, I noticed when the photographer was on a ladder, and the old lady was reclining on a sunbathing chair. Except I was down on the ground. And, from my side-view, Dang!-- she was in this crazy pose with one butt cheek hoisted off the cushion & her waisted twisted like Twister... presumably it looked flattering from the camera's POV. But it was so freaky-unnatural. I also thought her dorito-powder fake tan was redundant, since they also used extra-yellow fake sunlights.

I find it incredibly tedious (& insecure) when women react to Playboy pictures or sexy billboards by claiming "it's all airbrushed" or "it's totally Photoshopped". Maybe. Or maybe there are plenty of tricks before & during the shoot-- so little need be done afterward.
Nowadays, most women heavily retouch their own selfies-- so maybe they've stopped making such a big deal about other women's altered pictures.

The most noteworthy trick-- was revealed when I saw the model-lady's back. A few inches below the bra-strap-- was an eight-inch piece of gaffe tape.
Some assistant had stood behind her & pulled all her extra skin & wrinkles & folds-- tight to her spine-- & tapped it out of sight. She was smooth & slim on the front. More like a pug-dog on the back. I wonder whether they crossed the ethical (and legal?) line-- by claiming the bikini shoot showed the 'after' results of the advertised treatment It reminded me of a shoot I worked-on a few months ago... for one of those Alexa/Siri/GoogleAssistant products... where the talent kept telling the device to do things-- and Many Times the device would fuck-up & fail-- so the corporate video team would just fake the shoot, to make it look like the product did something it couldn't-really do. Sounds like class-action lawsuit, to me.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Who calls them out? Not CNN.

I hold the likes of CNN up to higher standards than Infowars.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

free thoughtpolice wrote: I will acknowledge that there was inaccurate reporting about the exact events.
As already stated, it's coming from both sides. I just wish "The News" was as objective and free of spin as possible but as we both know, social media (and the impact it has upon reporting/msm) has screwed that pooch into the ground. Nowadays, if you want to find out what's happening, you need a magnifying glass and a fucking deer-stalker hat.
free thoughtpolice wrote: You are right that I'm disgusted by those brats but I don't need to make up shit to justify my outrage. The jeering and snotty behavior of those kids I can see on that video is shameful.
Well, that's your call, matey. Personally, all I can say is...boys will be boys!

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/epi ... 0815020133

free thoughtpolice

It was claimed by CNN (I think) that the black dudes were allies of the native Americans; when I wrote my comment (draft), I mentioned the fact that they were hostile hence the scare-quotes around "allies." Obviously, because I'm thicker than a brick smoothie, during my clumsy final proof reading/edit, I removed that part but left the scare-quotes in place.
Admittedly, there has been enough bullshit flying around about this to make it a bit confusing. The Black Israelite crew were referred to by the teacher that was chaperoning the students as "black muslims". They actually claim that blacks are the true and original Jews. That same chaperone also stated that it was the blacks started the whole thing which sounds plausible as their MO is to basically shout and taunt at pretty much everyone that walks by. As the situation evolved the kids encircled the blacks and the situation looked to deteriorate. I think the chaperone was at fault here. The brats got out of hand started to go Lord of the Flies.
The native elders account was that his intention was to march between the groups to prevent violence from starting, and all the kids except the one moved aside to let them through. I think the indians should have stayed out of it and let the brats and the kooks duke it out if that was what was going to happen but it didn't happen that way.
I don't think anyone came out of this looking good. Having said that, the defiant smirk on that kid's face...

free thoughtpolice

CommanderTuvok wrote:

Yep. I remember seeing one puff piece that a reporter did on antifa that was just pathetic. Jake Tapper did a somewhat better piece on them though he could have been even more condemnatory in my view. Still, CNN has done some terrible coddling of antifa

Also, see the above reply to Driftless.

John D

Post by John D »

This is good.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Driftless wrote:
I agree that antifa has gotten off light much of the time. They do get it from occasion though from even more left leaning media:
The Vox article was about Antifa violence, not smirking. Although it is hard to tell if someone wearing a bandanna over their nose and mouth is smirking. To me the odd thing is that I am being told that smirking is an escalation of political rally behavior.

Keating

Post by Keating »

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:42 pm
Bhurzum wrote:
It looked to me they started doing the fake indian dance with the war whoops and the jeering when you start to hear the drumming. At that point the indians are approaching but are off camera so I don't buy that the little angels were innocently doing a school chant before Philips barged in on them.

I will acknowledge that there was inaccurate reporting about the exact events. You are right that I'm disgusted by those brats but I don't need to make up shit to justify my outrage. The jeering and snotty behavior of those kids I can see on that video is shameful.
My middle-school had a teacher who was a WWII vet. We had some informative assembly where a British (I think, it's 40 years ago, and all those queen-worshiping countries are the same to me,) vet came in at his invitation to talk about how our countries worked together during the war. The Brit was pompous and in-your-face, but a kid that mocked his accent probably still has nightmares about pushups and laps he got as punishment. The old conservative values about valuing service and age have been replaced by "triggering the libs." Seems a shame to me.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Driftless wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:07 pm
It shouldn't be a tit-for-tat situation. What's wrong is wrong, and it shouldn't depend on what side you're on to say it's wrong. If my kid had stood smirking at an elderly veteran in a MAGA hat, they'd be scraping paint every free moment for months. Even if the guy got in their face. It's disrespectful and wrong. We can disagree and still be respectful, we can respect elders and Vietnam veterans. It's a bad look for both sides, and only serves to preach to choirs. Fuck that. I defended the kids from being doxxed and harrassed, but they were shits, no question.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: The most noteworthy trick-- was revealed when I saw the model-lady's back. A few inches below the bra-strap-- was an eight-inch piece of gaffe tape.
Some assistant had stood behind her & pulled all her extra skin & wrinkles & folds-- tight to her spine-- & tapped it out of sight. She was smooth & slim on the front. More like a pug-dog on the back.
Not a problem. Just stick with Missionary.

Unless you're into pugs.

Malky

Post by Malky »

CommanderTuvok wrote:

Yep. I remember seeing one puff piece that a reporter did on antifa that was just pathetic. Jake Tapper did a somewhat better piece on them though he could have been even more condemnatory in my view. Still, CNN has done some terrible coddling of antifa

Also, see the above reply to Driftless.
Good article from Quillette on this:

https://quillette.com/2019/01/20/truth- ... dentities/

Keating

Post by Keating »

The longer the politics shit continues here, the more convinced I am that Sam Harris is simply wrong. His idea of a moral landscape and being able to generate a set values from pure reason (i.e. the world where every being suffers maximally is bad) is inherently flawed.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Keating wrote: The longer the politics shit continues here, the more convinced I am that Sam Harris is simply wrong. His idea of a moral landscape and being able to generate a set values from pure reason (i.e. the world where every being suffers maximally is bad) is inherently flawed.
Why?

Keating

Post by Keating »

Peterson's thought experiment seems fundamentally correct. There are just too many facts. Which facts you consider relevant to select and elevate are a reflection of the values you already hold. So, Sam Harris has it backwards. The facts (of interest) come from values, not the other way around.

I mean that literally. It's exactly what's underneath this most recent political pinata of events at the Lincoln Memorial. Arguing over the facts is not very productive, because it misses the values that are really in play which went into selecting those facts in the first place.

Keating

Post by Keating »

It's like a weighted arithmetic mean. The values are the weightings, the facts are the numbers being averaged. We may all agree on the facts, but because of the values we hold, come to completely different conclusions. Perfect knowledge of all possible facts would not change this outcome. It's why the cultural argument is so important; that's where values reside.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I would have thought that after the Saddam Hussain and the WMD business that no one would ever trust the media and their masters ever again but apparently not?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Driftless wrote:
You won't believe how much praise this guy with the flame-thrower got. The trouble with the MAGA kid was that he smirked , rather than tried to burn the Native American guy. And he was white. No wonder he was evil. Smirk, white , no flame-thrower, not black, he ticks so many boxes,
Image 2.jpg
(61.68 KiB) Downloaded 259 times

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Kid was smiling. Amazing that you can't just stand there and try and be pleasant while getting harangued and somehow you're still a white supremacist. Not fighting. Not being angry. Just smiling.

Media is full of garbage. On the upside I've sure seen a lot of lefties delete their shit real fast after the true story with the kids came out.

Also: I'm pretty much convinced at this point that people need Jesus. Like, we made a made mistake with encouraging atheism. People need Jesus. And fuck me, the atheist community was an early casualty of this bullshit SJW activity and it's because the fuckers had no moral compass and fuck the Christians kept fucking telling us that!!!!! ARRRRRRGH.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

It is a pity that that kid was too young to start shaving or else Gillette could have re-educated him out of his toxic masculinity.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

A Gizmodo editor tweets something she should've written on paper and tossed. If smirks are "devastating," a hundred tweets calling her a lunatic is probably crushing her ego.

https://i.imgur.com/eLwwOLz.png

https://twitter.com/alexhcranz/status/1 ... 0558609408

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

The left have lost the plot completely. Never mind Trump 2020, the democrats might find themselves out of the white house for a generation. This is just plain fucking hysterical crazy.

Read the thread. (from the kids brother)

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

The kid has written his account of what happened:

Statement of Nick Sandmann, Covington Catholic High School junior, regarding incident at the Lincoln Memorial

Presumably the truth lies somewhere between the MSM accounts and his.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I know the Gillette thing has probably gone past its pit sell be date but I thought this was a good peice on the director. Look out for a decent take down of "Senk Weeger" around the 10min mark. :)

(I use Bic disposable)

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

screwtape wrote: The kid has written his account of what happened:

Statement of Nick Sandmann, Covington Catholic High School junior, regarding incident at the Lincoln Memorial

Wait so who was the kid in the MAGA hat smiling at the Native American drummer? This Nick Sandmann fella or this Andrew Hodge bloke's kid brother Michael?
I'm even more confused now. AT A FUCKING NON STORY :shock:

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

screwtape wrote: The kid has written his account of what happened:

I don't really give a shit what happened, but when I read that Nathan Phillips is also famous for confronting a bunch of kids dressed in Native American garb for a party because it was "culturally insensitive", I kind of knew there was more to the story. So a white kid is "smirking". Is it a smirk; is it a smile? What is the context? Nobody seemed to care. I think it's as Keating indicates: It all depends on the biases you bring to the table. Garbage in, garbage out.

Basement

Post by Basement »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:44 pm
It shouldn't be a tit-for-tat situation. What's wrong is wrong, and it shouldn't depend on what side you're on to say it's wrong. If my kid had stood smirking at an elderly veteran in a MAGA hat, they'd be scraping paint every free moment for months. Even if the guy got in their face. It's disrespectful and wrong. We can disagree and still be respectful, we can respect elders and Vietnam veterans. It's a bad look for both sides, and only serves to preach to choirs. Fuck that. I defended the kids from being doxxed and harrassed, but they were shits, no question.
Obviously it can't be said with certainty, but I don't think he was "smirking." He looked nervous and not sure what to do. The video initially presented was clipped to give you that impression. He looks like a real shit - but not if you watch the entire thing. I think I buy this:
"I was not intentionally making faces at the protestor. I did smile at one point because I wanted him to know that I was not going to become angry, intimidated or be provoked into a larger confrontation."
Additionally, if some guy came up to my kid trying to intimidate him by pounding a drum in his face, I don't think I'd punish my kid! How does that make sense? And why would he know he was a Vietnam vet? Respecting elders? - what does that mean, if he fondles your nuts should you let him, just because he's old?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Basement wrote: Obviously it can't be said with certainty, but I don't think he was "smirking."
One of the major red herrings here is that the kid just has "one of those faces" that evokes annoyance. I think he's unfortunately just one of those people who have a natural smirk, and unfortunately others make knee jerk (wounded knee jerk?) assumptions based on that.
But isn't this one of the most stupid human characteristics? We base likes and dislikes on the shape of people's noses, or the sound of their voices. THAT is true human bigotry and bias, just as significant as bigotry based on skin color.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Apparently, the injun who the kid 'intimidated' and 'devastated' with his smirk was some sort of 'recon ranger' who saw service in Vietnam. I dunno, but watching Rambo again is gonna be a strange experience, knowing that the carnage wreaked by this rogue special forces combat veteran could have been easily halted by a smirking kid.

Then again, it's quite possible that our injun friend might be one of those peculiar Walter Mitty types who get a kick out of pretending they were in spec ops. Thread:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Driftless wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:58 pm
Driftless wrote:
The Vox article was about Antifa violence, not smirking. Although it is hard to tell if someone wearing a bandanna over their nose and mouth is smirking. To me the odd thing is that I am being told that smirking is an escalation of political rally behavior.
Now you're just being disingenuous. He was smirking in a MAGA hat! Everyone knows that if you are smirking in a MAGA hat you are laughing inside at the thought of shoving Native Americans and POCs-in-general into sausage machines. This is known because TRUMP.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Driftless wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:58 pm
Driftless wrote:
Now you're just being disingenuous. He was smirking in a MAGA hat! Everyone knows that if you are smirking in a MAGA hat you are laughing inside at the thought of shoving Native Americans and POCs-in-general into sausage machines. This is known because TRUMP.
The alt-right has now weaponized smirking. Although that kid might just have resting smirk face.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

I think I've watched enough footage now to know that the Native American's story is BS, although TBF emotion may have caused errors in perception. There is absolutely nothing inconsistent with the school kid's version. In fact there is very little there that you could call out of order for a group of kids. It does look as if drum dude clocked Maga kid and zeroed in on him. Picture yourself as a teen in that situation. How would you respond?

So now we have hordes of people calling the guy a shit for doing nothing surprising for a kid reacting to a guy coming up to him and banging a drum in his face. His family appears to be receiving threats. All of this shaming of a kid put in an awkward situation is just partisan face saving. It really is disgusting considering the price he and his family appear to be suffering.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tigzy wrote: Apparently, the injun who the kid 'intimidated' and 'devastated' with his smirk was some sort of 'recon ranger' who saw service in Vietnam. I dunno, but watching Rambo again is gonna be a strange experience, knowing that the carnage wreaked by this rogue special forces combat veteran could have been easily halted by a smirking kid.

Then again, it's quite possible that our injun friend might be one of those peculiar Walter Mitty types who get a kick out of pretending they were in spec ops. Thread:

at least he didn't claim to be a Code Talker.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Basement wrote:
Obviously it can't be said with certainty, but I don't think he was "smirking." He looked nervous and not sure what to do. The video initially presented was clipped to give you that impression. He looks like a real shit - but not if you watch the entire thing. I think I buy this:
"I was not intentionally making faces at the protestor. I did smile at one point because I wanted him to know that I was not going to become angry, intimidated or be provoked into a larger confrontation."
Additionally, if some guy came up to my kid trying to intimidate him by pounding a drum in his face, I don't think I'd punish my kid! How does that make sense? And why would he know he was a Vietnam vet? Respecting elders? - what does that mean, if he fondles your nuts should you let him, just because he's old?
Shit, I have three kids of high school age, I volunteer at our local high school, and I have years of experience with kids that are. That ain't nervousness. They were amusing themselves. Now we can argue all day if it's right or wrong, but we won't get anywhere. The kid shouldn't have smirked, whoever was in charge of the kids failed. It's a bad look, and I'd be pissed if the politics were switched.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote: <snip>
I don't think anyone came out of this looking good. Having said that, the defiant smirk on that kid's face...
LoL. So you'd crucify the kid for a "smirk"? I'd sure hate to see what you'd have in mind if he was caught jaywalking ... ;-)

Though I agree that there's plenty of "blame" to go around - as is frequently the case in such "contretemps".

In any case, you might be interested in these stories - not sure if they've been linked here or not yet - didn't see any. But it may give some "context" - not sure how what appears to be some odious racism there at Covington might have affected the kids' behaviour though they at least suggest some possibilities and some "infernal" depths:

And from "Indian Country Today", The whole story: Before and after video of Nathan Phillips, #MAGAyouth and more

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Trump Derangement Syndrome: It's real, even here apparently.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Ape+lust wrote: Dumb and dumber.

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/sigbGYg.png[/img]

[url=https://twitter.com/RepJohnYarmuth/status/1087008928909742081]https://twitter.com/RepJohnYarmuth/status/1087008928909742081[/url]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/z10pSsd.png[/img]

[url=https://twitter.com/RepJohnYarmuth/status/1087111704557875200]https://twitter.com/RepJohnYarmuth/status/1087111704557875200[/url]
Amen to that. Because - doncha know - you never can tell when one of those MAGA hats (!!11!!) is, all by itself, going to blow itself up in the middle of a crowded market, or commandeer a "truck of peace" and run over some defenseless kids ...

Though to be somewhat fair, I hadn't realized that Yarmuth was trying to make a funny, an allusion to Trump's earlier comments, which I suppose "like everyone!!" should have known about. The least he could have done was to have added a winkie ... see Poe's Law ...

But I blame the educational system for not teaching critical thinking ... ;-)

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Tigzy wrote: Apparently, the injun who the kid 'intimidated' and 'devastated' with his smirk was some sort of 'recon ranger' who saw service in Vietnam. I dunno, but watching Rambo again is gonna be a strange experience, knowing that the carnage wreaked by this rogue special forces combat veteran could have been easily halted by a smirking kid.

Linked from the above - report from 2015 :

John D

Post by John D »

Basement wrote:
Shit, I have three kids of high school age, I volunteer at our local high school, and I have years of experience with kids that are. That ain't nervousness. They were amusing themselves. Now we can argue all day if it's right or wrong, but we won't get anywhere. The kid shouldn't have smirked, whoever was in charge of the kids failed. It's a bad look, and I'd be pissed if the politics were switched.
Haha.... I would have given the same smirk if Injun Joe came at my head with a drum made of old cat hide! Haha. I think I should start wearing a MAGA hat.... seriously.... what fun.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Page is borked :cry:

For the record - that "blackface" image is fucked up, my contempt levels just shot through the roof. I gotta ask, where were the teachers/guardians when that happened? Is racism that open/blatant in the states? (my ignorance may be showing!)

Note: I tried playing Devil's advocate with myself, tried to summon a context or reason to justify "blacking up" at a game, but I've got nothing. Sometimes I look at America (and septic-tanks) and it's like looking at a sci-fi movie. Y'all fuckers be cray-cray, yo! A good beating, forced into kilts coupled with a diet of haggis 'n' misery would square you right away!

Repeat after me, septics - "Och, aye, the noo!" :D <-- imagine chipped/yellow choppers.

John D

Post by John D »

and... it was minus 5 in Troy Michigan today. I got one flush out of the toilet this morning and then nothing. Frozen pipe.

I put a bunch of heaters against the walls and HOOORAY! I just got the water to run. No broken pipe..... whew.

Time for the good scotch.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Just what kind of white middle class lefty student would do such a thing?

Bring back the birch :x
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46953436

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Bhurzum wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:54 am

For the record - that "blackface" image is fucked up, my contempt levels just shot through the roof. I gotta ask, where were the teachers/guardians when that happened? Is racism that open/blatant in the states? (my ignorance may be showing!)

Note: I tried playing Devil's advocate with myself, tried to summon a context or reason to justify "blacking up" at a game, but I've got nothing. Sometimes I look at America (and septic-tanks) and it's like looking at a sci-fi movie. Y'all fuckers be cray-cray, yo! A good beating, forced into kilts coupled with a diet of haggis 'n' misery would square you right away!

Repeat after me, septics - "Och, aye, the noo!" :D <-- imagine chipped/yellow choppers.
If you watch the video of them, they appear to have themes. In 2010 it was Blueout. They all dressed in blue and many put blue paint on their faces. In 2011 it was blackout, and they dressed in black and put black paint on their faces.In 2015 it was Operation Grace White where they dressed in white and some of them put white paint on their faces. There was also a Beach theme and a Hunting theme.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote:
Sorry about that Chief - a ref to an ooold sitcom, Get Smart, which might be before your time - or "culture" .... ;-)

Direct link which might be better:
https://newsmaven.io/indiancountrytoday ... gi6Foug-w/

But you might Google "The whole story: Before and after video of Nathan Phillips, #MAGAyouth and more" which gives a bunch of links that might also work for you.
Bhurzum wrote: For the record - that "blackface" image is fucked up, my contempt levels just shot through the roof. I gotta ask, where were the teachers/guardians when that happened? Is racism that open/blatant in the states? (my ignorance may be showing!)

:-) Haggis, the cure for all ills; a man's a man for a' that ... ;-)

But kind of think that "that racism" is as open and egregious as you suggest. Both Britain and Canada - fortunately - dodged a bullet in criminalizing slavery long before America did - and without the pain and grief of doing so. Bit of a "black mark" against America, and one it's still dealing with the fallout from. Not that blacks themselves haven't been contributing to that "witches' cauldron" - ICYMI, you might take a look at an old article by Cathy Young written just after the Ferguson riots, Ferguson Beyond Black and White; her concluding paragraphs:
Young wrote:....

Where do we go from here, other than waiting for the law to take its course in Ferguson? Meaningful police reform would certainly help: more cameras; curbing the use of law enforcement to boost municipal revenues through fines for petty offenses; a hard look at less deadly ways to subdue violent suspects. Most people appreciate the fact that cops have an extraordinarily demanding and stressful job. But that should not be an excuse for bullying or violence, any more than the stress of poverty is an excuse for crime. Law-and-order conservatives should remember that the principle “power corrupts” applies not only to government but to the police.

At the same time, no amount of reform can completely eliminate racial tensions around law enforcement as long as African-Americans are disproportionately involved in crime. That brings us to the much larger unfinished business of racial inequality. The “national conversation on race” is a perennial cliché. But the only way to even get that conversation started is to listen to different voices.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: and... it was minus 5 in Troy Michigan today. I got one flush out of the toilet this morning and then nothing. Frozen pipe.

I put a bunch of heaters against the walls and HOOORAY! I just got the water to run. No broken pipe..... whew.

Christ, don't waste the scotch! Pour some anti-freeze down your toilet instead.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Trump Derangement Syndrome: It's real, even here apparently.
If by that you mean while there is hysteria about Trump by some people (although many of the severest critics of Trump are on the right) AND that some people reflexively excuse Trump and all things MAGA, then I agree.

I got shit on Twitter from the right for saying those kids did a dick move, I got shit from the left for saying they didn't deserve to be doxxed and have their lives ruined. Turns out "Trump Derangement Syndrome" is simply a way to discuss tribalism, and that cuts both ways.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Tigzy wrote: Then again, it's quite possible that our injun friend might be one of those peculiar Walter Mitty types who get a kick out of pretending they were in spec ops.
He says he walked over to the fence and saw roughly 30 to 40 students involved in a theme party.

He claims this group referred to themselves as the Hurons, the former mascot at EMU at one time. "The mascot issue at the university was changed 20 years ago,"

"By the time police got there, it was like there was no party there at all," he said.
:think:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote: and... it was minus 5 in Troy Michigan today. I got one flush out of the toilet this morning and then nothing. Frozen pipe.

Christ, don't waste the scotch! Pour some anti-freeze down your toilet instead.
:lol: :rimshot:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Nobody, but nobody in this decade in America is unaware of the significance of putting on blackface, yes, even if all the other colors are used as well. If they did it unawares, they either time warped from the 18th century or they're collectively dumber than a sack of rocks.

Now I support their right to do it, but once again, bad look for them.

CaptainFluffyBunny

19th century. Clumsy fingers.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Nobody, but nobody in this decade in America is unaware of the significance of putting on blackface, yes, even if all the other colors are used as well. If they did it unawares, they either time warped from the 18th century or they're collectively dumber than a sack of rocks.

Now I support their right to do it, but once again, bad look for them.
From a tactical point of view, I agree.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
Tigzy wrote: Then again, it's quite possible that our injun friend might be one of those peculiar Walter Mitty types who get a kick out of pretending they were in spec ops.
He says he walked over to the fence and saw roughly 30 to 40 students involved in a theme party.

He claims this group referred to themselves as the Hurons, the former mascot at EMU at one time. "The mascot issue at the university was changed 20 years ago,"

"By the time police got there, it was like there was no party there at all," he said.
:think:
This guy is just a fucking liar. He was just wandering around and found a big "I hate Indians" party? Haha. My daughter was at EMU at this time. I never even heard of this incident which probably means the cops investigated and found nothing. Before 1991 the were the Hurons and now they are the Eagles. And... there are no reservations around here and really almost no Native Americans. I don't think anyone at EMU even knows what a reservation is. Now... maybe thy would tell him to go back to the casino..... I could believe that.