You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Kirbmarc

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:13 am
Hunt wrote: Eric Weinstein is correct, progressive leftism is dead. It's almost all controlled by regressives these days. Left regressivism is almost as bad as right regressivism. Only the names and labels have been changed (to protect the innocent?) I'm convinced that identity politics must die for the left to regain prominence and for progress to begin again. So long as a journalist can unironically write the phrase "another white male..." it will remain stalled. The right, unfettered by all of this, is going to walk all over us.
Or it's possible that identiterianism will become more widespread and popular on the right too.
Preposterous, that would never happen.

John D

Post by John D »

Weinstein (crediting his wife) fucking nails the political side of modern progressivism.

Politicians are searching for the "cheapest possible constituency". Bingo. The left traditionally supported working people. They have given this up because the donor class wants something cheaper and simpler. "Diversity" is the new fake story to gather voters.

Not that the right doesn't do the same thing, but this explains the left abandoning the working class.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

The second part of the IDW video turned out to be a different edit; there are a few segments in it that don't appear in the first. I looked around the channel, and it does seem to be reasonably thoughtful. I guess we have all had our fill of JBP, but I think there's some value in this documentary about him:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I still have no idea who the fuck Peterson is.

He's some kind of teacher, with wooish ideas about religion/spirituality, and his only contribution that was even remotely linked to the Pit was his stand about made-up pronouns, yes?

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I still have no idea who the fuck Peterson is.

He's some kind of teacher, with wooish ideas about religion/spirituality, and his only contribution that was even remotely linked to the Pit was his stand about made-up pronouns, yes?
https://slatestarcodex.com/2018/03/26/b ... -for-life/

This isn't a bad analysis.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

The fact that there are people like you still around gives me a warm feeling. Or perhaps it's just incontinence.

Hope the cats, various livestock and the significant other are all in fine fettle. (Though I'm not necessarily listing them in the order of importance). And that you remain sound in music and body.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Phil hasn't badly damaged himself recently. I reckon he's due...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

He's a woo peddler who happens to be charismatic enough for a lot of people to like him.

He also had the good luck of squaring off against a pipsqueak who was trying to argue that "basically, there's no such thing as biological sex."

But you only need to listen to Jordy-boy's interview with Sam Harriss to realize how confused and woo-ish his ideas are. Think Deepak Chopra on steroids.

Still, at least he's better than the alt-righters. If Oprah can have a TV show with Dr. Phil, perhaps there's room for Dr. Peterson, too.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Lsuoma wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:26 pm
I've got an abnormal growth on my right thumb. Been there for a few years, but it's starting to get comfy and wants to expand.

Will that do?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
I've got an abnormal growth on my right thumb. Been there for a few years, but it's starting to get comfy and wants to expand.

Will that do?
Take it out of your arse.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

Will that do?
I would say if you hand offends thee, cut it off, but it might actually happen, then you'd blame me. So I won't.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Kirbmarc wrote: It's interesting that you support Kurdish women fighting against jihadists. I wonder if you'd be willing to admit Kurdish refugees to Australia. Or if they're too culturally different to be admitted in the cultural collective :bjarte:
Australia has learned this lesson several times over, but apparently we need to keep learning it. The clearest example being the Lebanese civil war. There were three waves of refugees accepted by Australia during that period. The first two were mostly Christian Lebanese and had almost zero integration problems, largely because they were culturally similar enough to integrate well. The third wave was mostly Muslims. There were and are large amounts of integration problems, crowning in the Cronulla riots. There wasn't a race difference between the various waves, only a cultural one.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Kirbmarc wrote: But you only need to listen to Jordy-boy's interview with Sam Harriss to realize how confused and woo-ish his ideas are. Think Deepak Chopra on steroids.
Which one? Jordan Peterson and Sam Harris have had at least 5 conversations. Even Harris clearly sees more there than you're attempting to dismiss here. The central disagreement between them is one that I think Peterson is right on: you can't build a moral framework just from facts. Harris thinks you can.

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Keating wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: But you only need to listen to Jordy-boy's interview with Sam Harriss to realize how confused and woo-ish his ideas are. Think Deepak Chopra on steroids.
Which one? Jordan Peterson and Sam Harris have had at least 5 conversations. Even Harris clearly sees more there than you're attempting to dismiss here. The central disagreement between them is one that I think Peterson is right on: you can't build a moral framework just from facts. Harris thinks you can.
Obviously the one that confirms he is woo-ish.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Krib would probably find this follow up video interesting too:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Kev Livingston claws his way up through the soil to give us another huge laugh. Remember, this is the guy who read some Lenni Brenner, and suddenly believed Hitler was a Zionist.

He's here defending Venezuela and Maduro, and despite being repeatedly told that his line about "US sanctions" is flat out wrong, he keeps on repeating it.... At least he hasn't blamed Israel. Yet.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

My sister told me that he tried to rape her back in the late '80s.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: My sister told me that he tried to rape her back in the late '80s.
He turned me into a newt!

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Bhurzum wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: My sister told me that he tried to rape her back in the late '80s.
Did you get better?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Kev Livingston claws his way up through the soil to give us another huge laugh. Remember, this is the guy who read some Lenni Brenner, and suddenly believed Hitler was a Zionist.
There's actually quite a big deal of support for this idea in some extreme leftists environments.

Some people don't seem to understand how to criticize Israel without resorting to this idiocy. They seem convinced that saying this is only criticizing Zionism, not being anti-Semitic.

Hitler briefly flirted with the idea of deporting German Jews to Israel, or later to deport European Jews to Madagascar ("population transfers") but saying that's "Zionism" is like saying that white supremacists supporting shipping African Americans to Liberia is "black liberation".

I bet Ken wouuld be appalled if someone wrote about how some white supremacists sumpathized with the Nation of Islam (which is mind-,boggling but true), to wink and nod about how segregation wasn't that bad.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Peezus, this is the Atheism Plus forum all over again.

[tweet][/tweet]

Sapir-Whorf to the extreme.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Hunt wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Did you get better?
No, I'm still on LV-426.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Kev Livingston claws his way up through the soil to give us another huge laugh. Remember, this is the guy who read some Lenni Brenner, and suddenly believed Hitler was a Zionist.

He's here defending Venezuela and Maduro, and despite being repeatedly told that his line about "US sanctions" is flat out wrong, he keeps on repeating it.... At least he hasn't blamed Israel. Yet.
Hey, you're being extremely unfair to our Ken. he brought great things to London.

https://i.imgur.com/tP0ylFX.png
:o .. Please get her to #metoo him, Pleeeeeease!!!

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

mike150160 wrote:

There's a bit more overlap than pro nouns, like challenging the "gender pay gap" myths, and other recent orthodoxies. I'm no fan, and he's wrong on quite a few things, except when he's right.
or half wrong.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse wrote: :o .. Please get her to #metoo him, Pleeeeeease!!!
'No, I didn't attempt to rape her. And for the record, I think it's worth pointing out that Hitler didn't attempt to rape anyone either.'

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:10 am
Brive1987 wrote: Oh nothing against the ladies.

...://..be/txD2gUWpHu8

It’s the SJW tendencies of the directed military culture that will do us in.
It's interesting that you support Kurdish women fighting against jihadists. I wonder if you'd be willing to admit Kurdish refugees to Australia. Or if they're too culturally different to be admitted in the cultural collective :bjarte:
The initial reason given by the PKK for this was the oppression of Kurds in Turkey. By then, the use of Kurdish language, dress, folklore, and names were banned in Kurdish-inhabited areas. The PKK was then formed, as part of a growing discontent over the suppression of Turkey's ethnic Kurds, in an effort to establish linguistic, cultural, and political rights for Turkey's ethnic Kurdish minority
I support their ethnocentric ambition to celebrate their cultural identitarianism... In free Kurdistan.

I expect you’d frown at their determined ethnic collectivism - though you’d perhaps support its expression on the St Kilda foreshore - just out of bloody minded principle. :bjarte:

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Thank God, someone is finally standing up to rape-tickling !

spoiler: It's Russell Brand.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/ ... ocid=ientp

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Kirbmarc wrote: Peezus, this is the Atheism Plus forum all over again.

[tweet][/tweet]

:lol:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Peezus, this is the Atheism Plus forum all over again.

[tweet][/tweet]

:lol:

Also she didn't apologize for "colorblindness", which is also ableism.

Hell No, Ellen. Hell no forever.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyMo57XWoAAEWOL.jpg:large

I'm in fucking tears...best thing I've seen in ages!

John D

Post by John D »

A proper news report...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote: A proper news report...

"manstroying"

Updating lexicon...

John D

Post by John D »

No trans people in USA Powerlifting.... none allowed. :popcorn:

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
mike150160 wrote:

There's a bit more overlap than pro nouns, like challenging the "gender pay gap" myths, and other recent orthodoxies. I'm no fan, and he's wrong on quite a few things, except when he's right.
or half wrong.
He is controlled opposition, as in, he was happy when the cultural Marxist, feminists and SJW took over the universities. As soon as he notices a right wing backlash against this insanity he then just pops up out of nowhere and has gets massive funding for saying stuff the youtubers have been saying for years, without getting nearly the same patreon bucks. "Hey white boys, stop caring about your heritage and roots. just be an individualist consumerist bugman like me." Anyone with a Psychology qualification should be ignored at best and shot at worst. Now go and clean your room.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Scottish Justice.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

DaveDodo007 wrote: He is controlled opposition, as in, he was happy when the cultural Marxist, feminists and SJW took over the universities. As soon as he notices a right wing backlash against this insanity he then just pops up out of nowhere and has gets massive funding for saying stuff the youtubers have been saying for years, without getting nearly the same patreon bucks. "Hey white boys, stop caring about your heritage and roots. just be an individualist consumerist bugman like me." Anyone with a Psychology qualification should be ignored at best and shot at worst. Now go and clean your room.
I've noticed that those further to the right than Peterson, and with a less esoteric / more solid definition of what they believe with respect to religion - see him (and the IDW) as the self appointed gatekeepers of what should be considered acceptable.

I don't agree with the opinions presented here - but we'll have to see it it remains a minority view.

As for religion - I suspect it will be undergoing a bit of a metamorphosis for the 21st century (and beyond).

John D

Post by John D »

MarcusAu wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote: He is controlled opposition, as in, he was happy when the cultural Marxist, feminists and SJW took over the universities. As soon as he notices a right wing backlash against this insanity he then just pops up out of nowhere and has gets massive funding for saying stuff the youtubers have been saying for years, without getting nearly the same patreon bucks. "Hey white boys, stop caring about your heritage and roots. just be an individualist consumerist bugman like me." Anyone with a Psychology qualification should be ignored at best and shot at worst. Now go and clean your room.
I've noticed that those further to the right than Peterson, and with a less esoteric / more solid definition of what they believe with respect to religion - see him (and the IDW) as the self appointed gatekeepers of what should be considered acceptable.

I don't agree with the opinions presented here - but we'll have to see it it remains a minority view.

As for religion - I suspect it will be undergoing a bit of a metamorphosis for the 21st century (and beyond).
Peterson is not shy with his opinion that wealth disparity is one of the most serious problems in the world. He also says that he does not know what the solution is. Peterson is not a right-winger and does not think populism is a good thing. He does claim that populism is a result of run-away leftist identitarian politics.

I think this blogger sounds like a white identitrian and must see Peterson as some kind of threat to his white supremacist mission.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

Will that do?
Take your hand out of your pants.

John D

Post by John D »

shoutinghorse wrote: Scottish Justice.

Yikes.... and on a related local subject. It was "discovered" that my daughter's vocal teacher, who is accused of raping a boy, had a prior accusation of attempted rape decades ago. He pled the charge down to simple assault and battery and so nothing was reported as a sexual crime from the 1992 charges. Jesus Christ... the guy setup a business of teaching young kids in his home. Errrrrrrrrrrrr.......

https://www.dailytribune.com/news/local ... 58087.html

dogen

Post by dogen »

Bhurzum wrote: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyMo57XWoAAEWOL.jpg:large

I'm in fucking tears...best thing I've seen in ages!
Is the transperson taking off a wig? I read it instead as them scratching their head, as if confused. Just as funny!

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

MarcusAu wrote:

Jesus Christ, I didn't think he was a pinko commie faggot. Fuck him, he goes in the copter.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Britain has prosecuted somebody for Female Genital Mutilation.

But not a Muslim . Instead it was somebody from Uganda who believed in witchcraft, so probably a Christian.

Muslims in Britain remain safe from prosecution for FGM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-47094707

John D

Post by John D »

Transgenderism by proxy. Someone will write about this concept in a serious way before the end of the year....

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

dogen wrote: Is the transperson taking off a wig? I read it instead as them scratching their head, as if confused. Just as funny!
Exactly what I thought - the silly fucker is scratching his/her head in total confusion. I'm not joking, I was struggling to breathe when I initially spotted it, really caught me off guard!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
mike150160 wrote:

or half wrong.
He is controlled opposition, as in, he was happy when the cultural Marxist, feminists and SJW took over the universities. As soon as he notices a right wing backlash against this insanity he then just pops up out of nowhere and has gets massive funding for saying stuff the youtubers have been saying for years, without getting nearly the same patreon bucks. "Hey white boys, stop caring about your heritage and roots. just be an individualist consumerist bugman like me." Anyone with a Psychology qualification should be ignored at best and shot at worst. Now go and clean your room.
WTF I love Peterson now :lol:

Triggered much, Dave?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

This is pretty funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS71EDAwX1o

John D

Post by John D »

I like conservative black commentators lately.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I see that |Jeremy Hardy died recently at the age of 57.

Next time I am out Dorchester way I will make a point of going out to visit his house to see where he wrote 'Tess of the D'Urbervilles'

I'd type more but I'm sorry I haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

John D

Post by John D »

Kirbmarc wrote: This is pretty funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS71EDAwX1o
Meh.... I only laughed at the Peterson character...cause it was well done. I guess I appreciate that Rubin just chats with his guest and lets them say what they want. I don't really care to know what Dave thinks of his guests as much as I want to make my own mind up. So, Rubin is a go to person for me and I usually listen to every interview he does. Many of his guests I agree with and some of them I disagree with.

He is doing a way better job than Sam Harris these days.... every guest on Harris has Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Keating wrote:
The one where Peterson defined "truth" in a very idiosyncratic way, as "what leads to an evolutionary advantage", which is a big misconception of how evolution operates, and of what truth is. Evolution is about selection of traits that lead to the production of more offspring which is also likely to produce more offspring. It's not about "truth". If deception leads to more offspring, deception is an evolutionary advantage. Also a trait is an advantage or not relative to an environment. A change in the environment can turn a trait from an advantage to a disadvantage, and vice versa. Defining "truth" as "what leads to an evolutionary advantage" is completely meaningless, because there's no fixed "meaning" to evolution, it's a matter of genes expressed in an environment leading to different advantages or disadvantages depending on an environment.

Peterson uses this highly idiosyncratic definition of truth to argue that religion is true because it has led in the past to some evolutionary advantage or at least it hasn't led to disadvantages. This is a sleight of hand similar to the SocJus idea that "personal truth" and "lived experience" (feelings and anecdotal evidence) is what really matters, it's more "true" than data.

Peterson is right than you can't build a moral framework just from facts, but he's deeply wrong in assuming that "what worked so far" is necessarily a better moral, let alone epistemological framework. The world of today is very different from that of the past, and while moral is never free from matters of value (which are not falsifiable, so not scientific, even though WHY people come to certain values is potentially a falsifiable matter) it also never works in an absolute, immutable fashion.

Peterson's argument that "what worked so far" is a good moral foundation can be used to argue that slavery is a moral good, because it has worked in a lot of societies and for a very long time. Even from an epistemological perspective, it's certainly been an evolutionary advantage for Genghis Khan's genes that he conquered large parts of Asia, since his descendants amount to millions of people today. So Genghis Khan was likely the most "true" person who ever lived, according to Peterson's definition, and his conquering ways are a pathway to "truth".

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"Kill all men" feminist Clementine Ford loses day job, seeks to continue funding of her 'work' via Patreon,
including a "Curse All Men" donation tier...

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busines ... 2206fcaefd

WAIT STOP BREAKING NEWS KOKO THE GORILLA IN #METOO NIPPLE SCANDAL...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ETISH.html

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It has been a good week to observe salty feminist rage-tears.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Clementine Ford’s son was so traumatised at his future that he literally shit himself during the birth process.
https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/health ... 4zphq.html

Partly in fear, partly as an attempted auto-abort.
Clementine Ford: "I felt certain my body would only produce a girl"
Clementine’s son will wear girls' leggings, dresses in summer and yes, even pink jumpers. She says that we attach too much importance to clothes as a means of coding children.
I think it's really important to raise boys to understand that no matter what the world might tell them about their structural privilege, particularly white boys, that the most important things they need to work on in themselves are ...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It would help if the govt stopped dicking around with implausible deniability and simply performed a clean-whiteboard reset of freedom of speech and applied censorship.

Selective vilification laws sandbagging subjectively identified ‘protected’ groups (‘nazis’, Christians and whites exempted).
‘Hate’ speech - which is actionable despite breaking no law.
YouTube censoring content which approaches (but doesn’t break) terms of service.
The lionising of MSM which has unabashedly turned tabloid and partisan.
Leveraging the ‘foreign collusion’ moral panic to introduce new govt tool of trade

Enough.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Jordan Peterson: It’s ideology vs. science in psychology’s war on boys and men
The coup of the APA undertaken by the ideologues is now complete. The field has been compromised, perhaps fatally. And the damnable guidelines provide sufficient, but by no means exhaustive, evidence of that.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:51 pm
The one where Peterson defined "truth" in a very idiosyncratic way, as "what leads to an evolutionary advantage", which is a big misconception of how evolution operates, and of what truth is.
That's what I thought you meant; so your usual "I'm so much smarter than everyone" schtick. That was literally the first time Harris and Peterson talked. Even Harris thought there was sufficient there that it was worth talking more about several times more. But no, old Kirb knows everything and what's wrong with everything, and its not worth questioning his assumptions.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It’s odd when you get commonsense, creativity, flow of consciousness, arrogance and a touch of madness wrapped into a single extended package.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

A massive word salad.
This paper explores the different types of restrictions that have been used in Canada to address the promotion of hatred and other related and potentially harmful forms of expression, such as the glorification of terrorism or the display of an intent to discriminate.
Looked for a TOC entry for “definition of hate speech”.

Failed but persevered.

Found an in text entry that conflated hate speech with the UN definition for genocide (group destruction) before retreating to mere expressed “scorn”. I wonder what the Boolean inference is for the last sentence. Implicit “and” or implicit “or”.
Hatred is predicated on destruction, and hatred against identifiable groups therefore thrives on insensitivity, bigotry and destruction of both the target group and of the values of our society. Hatred in this sense is a most extreme emotion that belies reason; an emotion that, if exercised against members of an identifiable group, implies that those individuals are to be despised, scorned, denied respect and made subject to ill‑treatment on the basis of group affiliation.
Ie “it’s ok to be white”. ???

Gave up.

This is dicking.