You is all a bunch of poofs!

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12442
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1261

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:23 am

Lsuoma wrote: Some dude called Ryan Adams gets hit with #MeToo charges. Apparently he's famous, so not unexpected, I suppose.
Also has a short fuse, apparently:
Adams gained notoriety after he left an angry message on critic Jim DeRogatis' answering machine.[55] It was in response to a scathing review DeRogatis gave of an Adams show in 2003, and in particular the critic's dismissive comparison of the singer-songwriter's talents with those of Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy.

At a concert in October 2002, at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium, someone in the audience yelled out a request for "Summer of '69," a hit by the similarly-named Bryan Adams. Ryan reacted with a stream of expletives, and ordered the house lights turned on, The Tennessean newspaper reported. He eventually found the fan who made the joke request, paid him $30 cash as a refund for the show, ordered him to leave, and said he would not play another note until he had left.[56] In a 2014 interview, Ryan Adams denied that the audience member was asked to leave "for screaming a Bryan Adams song", but rather because the man was drunk: "The reason why the guy ever was asked to leave by me was because I was doing an a capella three-piece with Gillian Welch, David Rawlings, and myself of 'Bartering Lines,' and in between the quiet parts the guy was screaming."[57][58] In April 2015, Ryan, who had since become friends with Bryan, played "Summer of '69" at the end of another performance at the Ryman, an act described by Rolling Stone as "an olive branch to the city that was once his home."[59]

During filming of the BBC's long-running show Songwriter's Circle, where Adams was joined by American folk-singer Janis Ian and New Zealand's Neil Finn, it was reported that he refused to participate in a number of the songs performed on the night and was generally dismissive of collaborating with the others. The fall-out from the show resulted in an online to-and-fro argument between himself, Ian, and members of the public, citing Adams' rude behavior and eccentric demeanor toward his colleagues.[60] In August 2017, Adams singled out Father John Misty for criticism,[61][62] while a month earlier he made derogatory remarks about The Strokes through social media.[63][64][65]
Happy Valentine's Day, Ryan!
She said that Adams reached out to her when she was 20, offering to release her songs on his record label. Their relationship turned romantic, but Adams became obsessive and manipulative, she claimed, demanding to know her whereabouts and threatening suicide if she did not reply to his texts immediately.

When she broke off their relationship, Adams "became evasive about releasing the music they had recorded together and rescinded the offer to open his upcoming concerts," the New York Times reported.
[....]
This Is Us actress Mandy Moore also described a pattern of abuse, describing instances of "destructive, manic sort of back and forth behaviour" during their six-year marriage.

"Music was a point of control for him," she added, saying the star had belittled her own musical career.

"He would always tell me, 'You're not a real musician, because you don't play an instrument.'"
[....]
Another woman, identified only by her middle name, Ava, told the paper her relationship with Adams started in 2013, when she was a teenage bass player.

Although they never met, she shared 3,217 text messages she had exchanged with Adams over a nine-month period when she was 15 and 16, describing how their correspondence became sexually explicit.

In one text he wrote to her: "I would get in trouble if someone knew we talked like this".

The newspaper reported that Adams, then 40, "fretted about Ava's age" and repeatedly asked for reassurances that she was over 18.
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/entertainm ... s-47237220


Never heard of him, but it sounds like his music sucks. Oh okay, I heard him cover Taylor Swift. It says he did an entire song-by-song cover of one of her albums. My friends' band did Live At Leeds straight through once, but who in their right mind covers Taylor Swift?


Clincher -- he looks like a complete douche.
Douche.jpg
(32.01 KiB) Downloaded 290 times

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 4572
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1262

Post by Service Dog » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:30 am

Lsuoma wrote: Some dude called Ryan Adams gets hit with #MeToo charges. Apparently he's famous, so not unexpected, I suppose.
From my (largely-uninformed) perspective, Ryan Adams is a few notches closer to just "some dude" , and a few notches away from the "apparently he's famous" side of the spectrum.

He was an indie-darling guy with oversized music industry hype prior-to proving himself with record-sales & huge numbers of fans. And, right at the point where he had a shot at bigtime stardom, he chose-instead to hang-around with big-fish-in-a-small-pond aging-hipster scenesters, acting important in local bars & being the object of wannabe-coolkid bar gossip. He was a guy I'd hear-about, for getting in a drunken spat in a bar, or such. Kinda-like Shia LeBoeuf.

I'm not saying he never had hit records or fame-- I don't know. When I heard his name, I'd tune-out, like when I hear "Kardashian".

But-- I am saying that-- my first reaction to this Ryan Adams/#metoo story... is to wonder whether the villain-hunt has reached a point where it's not powerful execs and a-list stars are being accused... but now it's gonna be random-ass hipster dudes-- whose power, or notoriety, or whatever... is merely equivalent to a Big Man On Campus... like a cute poser guy in a hipster-scene, or some shithead with fancy clothes & car & attitude.

Ryan Adams is a complete nobody. But, I he also-kinda-is just-some-guy who could be found in random bars, within a few blocks of where I live, most nights.

Is there shame for accusers, in pointing the finger at a #metoo guy, who is insufficiently impressive? "The former replacement keyboardist for Hootie & the Blowfish touched my butt." "The guy who played Juror #11 in an episode of Law & Order showed me his cock."

ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
Posts: 6452
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1263

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:51 am

Sigh.

Twitter really is cunts all the way down.

https://i.imgur.com/9vLmmfz.png

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7115
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1264

Post by MarcusAu » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:58 am

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Never heard of him, but it sounds like his music sucks. Oh okay, I heard him cover Taylor Swift. It says he did an entire song-by-song cover of one of her albums. My friends' band did Live At Leeds straight through once, but who in their right mind covers Taylor Swift?
Reminds me of a quote I heard years ago about a Rod Stewart impersonator - "If you're not born that way, why the hell would you choose to act that way?".

KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 4892
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1265

Post by KiwiInOz » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:11 am

Ryan Adams is/was a darling of the indie music scene, typically played on Triple J in Australia. This'll be problematic for them because they trend towards woke AF.

He sounds like a dickhead, which means that he is ripe for #MeToo.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10348
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1266

Post by free thoughtpolice » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:17 am

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Sigh.

Twitter really is cunts all the way down.

https://i.imgur.com/9vLmmfz.png
Some people see a woke male feminist. I see a future #metoo villain.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12442
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1267

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:56 am

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Sigh.

Twitter really is cunts all the way down.

https://i.imgur.com/9vLmmfz.png
Tweeting your wokeness won't make your tiny penis any bigger, Phil.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12442
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1268

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:59 am

Service Dog wrote: "The guy who played Juror #11 in an episode of Law & Order showed me his cock."
That actually happened.

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1269

Post by Steersman » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:04 pm

Something for the "Silly Bugger Games That Twitter Plays" annal; seems that one "James Watt" has been shadowbanned:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzY4-dZUcAA93SF.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzY4-dYUUAEqdri.jpg

Note the missing tweets from him before and after the tweet of "Alexandra Hamer" (one with the NCBI link); the first JPG is from where "he" is logged-in in a regular Chrome window, and the second is from an incognito window where he isn't.




Keating
.
.
Posts: 1936
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: South of anteater guy
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1270

Post by Keating » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:24 pm

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: He can always try the Robin Hood defense...

Isn't that Bryan Adams, not Ryan Adams?

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1271

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:01 pm

Steersman wrote: Something for the "Silly Bugger Games That Twitter Plays" annal; seems that one "James Watt" has been shadowbanned:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzY4-dZUcAA93SF.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzY4-dYUUAEqdri.jpg

Note the missing tweets from him before and after the tweet of "Alexandra Hamer" (one with the NCBI link); the first JPG is from where "he" is logged-in in a regular Chrome window, and the second is from an incognito window where he isn't.



https://shadowban.eu/CyberneticsFTW
Correct. You done be shadowbanned.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1272

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:03 pm

Lsuoma wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:17 pm
In other news, Catholic church covers up systematic rape and abuse of children and nuns worldwide for decades, probably generations and centuries.
They tried saying "nun for me, thanks," but it was a hard habit to get in. I suppose it doesn't paint a rosary picture of the church.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12442
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1273

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:11 pm

Hemant and his Hordelings lose their shit again over smirking, MAGA-hat-wearing Hitler Youth.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... y-conduct/

There are some seriously mentally ill people over there.

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7115
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1274

Post by MarcusAu » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:17 pm

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:17 pm
In other news, Catholic church covers up systematic rape and abuse of children and nuns worldwide for decades, probably generations and centuries.
They tried saying "nun for me, thanks," but it was a hard habit to get in. I suppose it doesn't paint a rosary picture of the church.
There was plenty of evidence. Every week someone was saying "This is my body. This is my blood. Which has been given up for you".

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1275

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:21 pm

MarcusAu wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:17 pm
In other news, Catholic church covers up systematic rape and abuse of children and nuns worldwide for decades, probably generations and centuries.
They tried saying "nun for me, thanks," but it was a hard habit to get in. I suppose it doesn't paint a rosary picture of the church.
There was plenty of evidence. Every week someone was saying "This is my body. This is my blood. Which has been given up for you".
Sounds like somebody's gonna be crucified. People are very cross.

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1276

Post by Steersman » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:25 pm

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Steersman wrote: Something for the "Silly Bugger Games That Twitter Plays" annal; seems that one "James Watt" has been shadowbanned:

Code: Select all

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzY4-dZUcAA93SF.jpg[/img]

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzY4-dYUUAEqdri.jpg[/img]
Note the missing tweets from him before and after the tweet of "Alexandra Hamer" (one with the NCBI link); the first JPG is from where "he" is logged-in in a regular Chrome window, and the second is from an incognito window where he isn't.

Code: Select all

https://twitter.com/FondOfBeetles/status/1096123500073500677

https://twitter.com/CyberneticsFTW/status/1096126472782196736
https://shadowban.eu/CyberneticsFTW
Correct. You done be shadowbanned.
Thanks for the confirmation, and for the link - Dr Fond of Beetles did so as well earlier, but I wasn't sure then how that app worked.

But you might be interested in a recent Quillette post which addresses the general issue, and where I've left a comment, although it is still in moderation at the moment:

It Isn’t Your Imagination: Twitter Treats Conservatives More Harshly Than Liberals

And there's an AfterEllen post that might also be of interest:


KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 4892
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1277

Post by KiwiInOz » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:29 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Hemant and his Hordelings lose their shit again over smirking, MAGA-hat-wearing Hitler Youth.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... y-conduct/

There are some seriously mentally ill people over there.
They are fucking nuts. Palpatine would love them because the hate flows freely through them.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16678
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1278

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:34 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Hemant and his Hordelings lose their shit again over smirking, MAGA-hat-wearing Hitler Youth.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... y-conduct/

There are some seriously mentally ill people over there.
Herms is driven by the Pavlovian impact of church involvement. He is not a rational actor in the debate.

It’s amusing how the ‘horseshoe’ theory goes MIA when religious vs atheist zealotry occurs.

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1279

Post by Steersman » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:39 pm

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:17 pm
In other news, Catholic church covers up systematic rape and abuse of children and nuns worldwide for decades, probably generations and centuries.
They tried saying "nun for me, thanks," but it was a hard habit to get in. I suppose it doesn't paint a rosary picture of the church.
There was plenty of evidence. Every week someone was saying "This is my body. This is my blood. Which has been given up for you".
Sounds like somebody's gonna be crucified. People are very cross.
LoL. I tell you, we're in end-times; the "immanentizing of the eschaton" is upon us! (!!11!!)



Has Aneris been lurking about, strewing "golden apples" thither & yon? ... ;)

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1280

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:41 pm

Brive1987 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Hemant and his Hordelings lose their shit again over smirking, MAGA-hat-wearing Hitler Youth.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... y-conduct/

There are some seriously mentally ill people over there.
Herms is driven by the Pavlovian impact of church involvement. He is not a rational actor in the debate.

It’s amusing how the ‘horseshoe’ theory goes MIA when religious vs atheist zealotry occurs.
There will of course, be permutations in the theory. This in no way invalidates the whole.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10642
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1281

Post by Lsuoma » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:46 pm

KiwiInOz wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Hemant and his Hordelings lose their shit again over smirking, MAGA-hat-wearing Hitler Youth.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... y-conduct/

There are some seriously mentally ill people over there.
They are fucking nuts. Palpatine would love them because the hate flows freely through them.
It's kinda like A+Theism minus the fascist mods.

ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
Posts: 6452
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1282

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:15 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Service Dog wrote: "The guy who played Juror #11 in an episode of Law & Order showed me his cock."
That actually happened.
Was it Mariska Hargitay? I always had my suspicions...

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10348
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1283

Post by free thoughtpolice » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:24 pm

Lsuoma wrote:
It's kinda like A+Theism minus the fascist mods.
He has fascist mods too. They even banned me. :cry:

CommanderTuvok
.
.
Posts: 3735
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:18 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1284

Post by CommanderTuvok » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:28 pm

Lsuoma wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:00 am
Some dude called Ryan Adams gets hit with #MeToo charges. Apparently he's famous, so not unexpected, I suppose.
The Groper from Vancouver.

Oh, wait, different person.

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1285

Post by Steersman » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:54 pm

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Steersman wrote: Something for the "Silly Bugger Games That Twitter Plays" annal; seems that one "James Watt" has been shadowbanned:

<snip>
https://shadowban.eu/CyberneticsFTW
Correct. You done be shadowbanned.
Hot off the press - seems I've been let out of the doghouse, been let off the "naughty step". Although for how long is maybe moot:

Tweets_JamesWatt_ShadowBanned_Rescinded1A.jpg
(64.81 KiB) Downloaded 199 times

Though it would be interesting to know what's happening "behind the curtain" on that type of thing. Obviously Twitter has the ability and predilection to put their thumbs on the scales, but Jack Dorsey is apparently making some efforts to correct the worst of that "corporate culture" - as evidenced by his recent conversation with Kara Swisher:

https://www.recode.net/2019/2/12/182221 ... t-karajack

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1286

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:02 pm

Steersman wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Steersman wrote: Something for the "Silly Bugger Games That Twitter Plays" annal; seems that one "James Watt" has been shadowbanned:

<snip>
https://shadowban.eu/CyberneticsFTW
Correct. You done be shadowbanned.
Hot off the press - seems I've been let out of the doghouse, been let off the "naughty step". Although for how long is maybe moot:


Tweets_JamesWatt_ShadowBanned_Rescinded1A.jpg


Though it would be interesting to know what's happening "behind the curtain" on that type of thing. Obviously Twitter has the ability and predilection to put their thumbs on the scales, but Jack Dorsey is apparently making some efforts to correct the worst of that "corporate culture" - as evidenced by his recent conversation with Kara Swisher:

https://www.recode.net/2019/2/12/182221 ... t-karajack
It appears they are trying to suppress certain conversations in real time, while backing off once the topic cools. It really is the lack of transparency that's the most frustrating aspect, followed by certain overt biases. It's unfortunate that Gab was not exactly a equivalent alternative.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16678
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1287

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:24 pm

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Hemant and his Hordelings lose their shit again over smirking, MAGA-hat-wearing Hitler Youth.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... y-conduct/

There are some seriously mentally ill people over there.
Herms is driven by the Pavlovian impact of church involvement. He is not a rational actor in the debate.

It’s amusing how the ‘horseshoe’ theory goes MIA when religious vs atheist zealotry occurs.
There will of course, be permutations in the theory. This in no way invalidates the whole.
http://i.imgur.com/B9k6Hjy.jpg

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16678
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1288

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:31 pm

Typo added as proof of authorship. :lol:

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1289

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:33 pm

Brive1987 wrote: Typo added as proof of authorship. :lol:
removed.png
(503 Bytes) Downloaded 190 times
?

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16678
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1290

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:40 pm


Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10642
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1291

Post by Lsuoma » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:27 pm

Happy Valentine's Day, Pitters!
1797434_10152975696736005_7435893127934777105_n.jpg
(57.33 KiB) Downloaded 175 times

AndrewV69
.
.
Posts: 7965
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1292

Post by AndrewV69 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:47 pm

Something that has been fairly obvious for some time now (at least to me) is that just like feminism, the transgender movement has institutional support in terms of laws concerning gender identity and so on.

The question to my mind is why? One answer is that our lords and masters believe that they will benefit from this.

Who benefited from feminism? In economic terms you more or less doubled the work force, thus depressed wages and possibly the net was not a substantial (I pulled this out of my arse cause I dunno whaat the actual $$$ are) increase in wages overall.

Who benefits from transgender? Apart from companies that make the drugs that trans must/should take for their entire life time that is.

Anyone have suggestions?

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 4572
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1293

Post by Service Dog » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:59 pm

Transgender politics invites state involvement inside our underwear

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 4572
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1294

Post by Service Dog » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:57 pm

He who smollett dealt it.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16678
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1295

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:18 pm


Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16678
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1296

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:23 pm

Yes yes I know. You can hunt and peck your way to success.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16678
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1297

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:00 am

Now I’m not going to give any hints. But there is something critically wrong with this pronouncement.

http://i.imgur.com/qFxuWWz.jpg

Ok. One small hint has been circled.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
Posts: 11855
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1298

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:02 am

Keating wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:24 pm

Isn't that Bryan Adams, not Ryan Adams?
https://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/or ... hejoke.jpg

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7115
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1299

Post by MarcusAu » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:07 am

Brive1987 wrote:
A-parent-ly.

InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1452
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1300

Post by InfraRedBucket » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:17 am

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Keating wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:24 pm

Isn't that Bryan Adams, not Ryan Adams?
https://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/or ... hejoke.jpg
I have the same confusion with Garth Brooks and Garth Crooks.
huge_avatar.jpg
(6.58 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Garth-Crooks-rants-about-Spurs-loss.jpg
(50.86 KiB) Downloaded 126 times

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7115
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1301

Post by MarcusAu » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:19 am

And Sammi Davis and Sammy Davis(Jr.)

InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1452
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1302

Post by InfraRedBucket » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:26 am

and Blair Brown and Blair Brown
d823bde023f2530bda6c581167723dd7.jpg
(42.42 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
2016_11_blair_and_brown.jpg
(800.51 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16678
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1303

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:39 am

Joan of Arc would be rolling in her grave.

Making a crunchy noise no doubt.



https://www.svt.se/de-forsta-svenskarna/

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16678
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1304

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:49 am

That would be awkward. I’m sure these reports must be wrong though.


Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1305

Post by Kirbmarc » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:01 am

Brive1987 wrote: Joan of Arc would be rolling in her grave.

Making a crunchy noise no doubt.



https://www.svt.se/de-forsta-svenskarna/
Brive1987 wrote: Joan of Arc would be rolling in her grave.

Making a crunchy noise no doubt.



https://www.svt.se/de-forsta-svenskarna/
Brivita Sarkeesian in "Tropes vs White People in the Media". :twatson:

Here's the pitch for the TV show (translated into English by Google Translate):
In two programs, archeologist Jonathan Lindström travels around Sweden in the wake of those who populated the country after the Ice Age. He meets scientists who talk about wave after wave of people pouring into Scandinavia for thousands of years. And the legacy of the Stone and Bronze Age still lives. It is not only noticeable in people's genes, but also in languages, customs and fairy tales.
The more dark-skinned blue-eyed dude in a parka might be the Swedish equivalent of Cheddar Man. The first people to populate Europe in the Mesolithic were probably darker skinned than their descendants, although they already presented some traits that become characteristics of European areas (like blue eyes).

Perhaps the outrage could at least wait until the program airs?

screwtape
.
.
Posts: 2346
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:15 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1306

Post by screwtape » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:02 am

Steersman wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Steersman wrote: Something for the "Silly Bugger Games That Twitter Plays" annal; seems that one "James Watt" has been shadowbanned:

<snip>
https://shadowban.eu/CyberneticsFTW
Correct. You done be shadowbanned.
Hot off the press - seems I've been let out of the doghouse, been let off the "naughty step". Although for how long is maybe moot:


Tweets_JamesWatt_ShadowBanned_Rescinded1A.jpg


Though it would be interesting to know what's happening "behind the curtain" on that type of thing. Obviously Twitter has the ability and predilection to put their thumbs on the scales, but Jack Dorsey is apparently making some efforts to correct the worst of that "corporate culture" - as evidenced by his recent conversation with Kara Swisher:

https://www.recode.net/2019/2/12/182221 ... t-karajack
James Watt? Something to do with 'kettles of fish'? Or something steamier?

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7115
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1307

Post by MarcusAu » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:15 am

screwtape wrote: James Watt? Something to do with 'kettles of fish'? Or something steamier?
Are you referring to What's-his-name. The guy that invented the steam engine?

Because - I. Dunno.

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7115
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1308

Post by MarcusAu » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:17 am

Brive1987 wrote: Joan of Arc would be rolling in her grave.
Or at least her ash tray.

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7115
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1309

Post by MarcusAu » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:22 am

The Sami are not the same!

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1310

Post by shoutinghorse » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:12 am

Brive1987 wrote: Joan of Arc would be rolling in her grave.

Making a crunchy noise no doubt.



https://www.svt.se/de-forsta-svenskarna/
How do you think the Swedes got such beautiful blue eyes?

ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 1355
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1311

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:08 am

AndrewV69 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:47 pm
Something that has been fairly obvious for some time now (at least to me) is that just like feminism, the transgender movement has institutional support in terms of laws concerning gender identity and so on.

The question to my mind is why? One answer is that our lords and masters believe that they will benefit from this.

Who benefited from feminism? In economic terms you more or less doubled the work force, thus depressed wages and possibly the net was not a substantial (I pulled this out of my arse cause I dunno whaat the actual $$$ are) increase in wages overall.

Who benefits from transgender? Apart from companies that make the drugs that trans must/should take for their entire life time that is.

Anyone have suggestions?
Trans rights are included in the package deal. The underlying principle is reality is whatever we say it is and everyone has rights to the bounties of the west, except of course straight white westerners.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 4572
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1312

Post by Service Dog » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:33 am

Brive1987 wrote: That would be awkward. I’m sure these reports must be wrong though.

'African-American''? Or Nigerian?

ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 1355
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1313

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:50 am

Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:34 pm
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Hemant and his Hordelings lose their shit again over smirking, MAGA-hat-wearing Hitler Youth.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... y-conduct/

There are some seriously mentally ill people over there.
Herms is driven by the Pavlovian impact of church involvement. He is not a rational actor in the debate.

It’s amusing how the ‘horseshoe’ theory goes MIA when religious vs atheist zealotry occurs.
The disturbing aspect of this is the similarity between the Mehtanites and the blue check media types. On that subject the most pressing threat to the political systems in North America and Europe is the deathgrip that social media monopolies have on public discourse. Russia is a sideshow compared to that. Few people seem to be asking about where the money behind these people is coming from.

ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 1355
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1314

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:31 am

Lsuoma wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:46 pm
KiwiInOz wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Hemant and his Hordelings lose their shit again over smirking, MAGA-hat-wearing Hitler Youth.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... y-conduct/

There are some seriously mentally ill people over there.
They are fucking nuts. Palpatine would love them because the hate flows freely through them.
It's kinda like A+Theism minus the fascist mods.
Drop a mirror in there. The meltdown would be epic.

Despite the occasional overreach Peterson is so on the money in some of his observations. This is such an obvious manifestation of the tendency of people to externalise evil. They are so sure that evil lies in everyone else that they can act with sociopathic malice whilst still convinced of their moral virtue. If you could get them out of the bubble looking in for a moment I'm sure they'd recoil in horror.

fafnir
.
.
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:16 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1315

Post by fafnir » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:52 am

AndrewV69 wrote: Something that has been fairly obvious for some time now (at least to me) is that just like feminism, the transgender movement has institutional support in terms of laws concerning gender identity and so on.

The question to my mind is why? One answer is that our lords and masters believe that they will benefit from this.

Who benefited from feminism? In economic terms you more or less doubled the work force, thus depressed wages and possibly the net was not a substantial (I pulled this out of my arse cause I dunno whaat the actual $$$ are) increase in wages overall.

Who benefits from transgender? Apart from companies that make the drugs that trans must/should take for their entire life time that is.

Anyone have suggestions?
I find it hard to believe that women got the vote for reasons of long term macro-economics. They payoff in that sense seems quite a long way down the track from the decisions that led to it. Isn't it more likely that it is a combination of a ready made reason to do things that bureaucrats, politicians, managers etc wanted to do anyway. It’s a mechanism for entryism and career advancement for those who are part of it. It’s a reason to create huge programs. It’s a way of raising funds. It’s a way of being on of the good guys, without actually doing anything. It’s something that can generate endless newspaper articles. A problem that can never be fixed, but which is always a crisis to fix some part of the problem is gold. You combine that with psychological biases like natural sympathy for and desire to help women. Is any further explanation needed?

fafnir
.
.
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:16 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1316

Post by fafnir » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:59 am

Another way of putting it.... it's really useful to make things that pretty much everybody has done at some point sinful, if you are part of the group that gets to decide when to notice the sin. That way anybody can be destroyed the moment it becomes convenient. It also works like that "only white people can be racist" thing.... in that it is a weapon that is designed to only work in the hands of the group that created it.

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1317

Post by shoutinghorse » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:39 am

fafnir wrote: Another way of putting it.... it's really useful to make things that pretty much everybody has done at some point sinful, if you are part of the group that gets to decide when to notice the sin. That way anybody can be destroyed the moment it becomes convenient. It also works like that "only white people can be racist" thing.... in that it is a weapon that is designed to only work in the hands of the group that created it.
Double standards of the idiotic left.


Fegg
.
.
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:31 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1318

Post by Fegg » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:56 am

fafnir wrote: I find it hard to believe that women got the vote for reasons of long term macro-economics.
....
You combine that with psychological biases like natural sympathy for and desire to help women. Is any further explanation needed?
Some time ago I ran into this illuminating letter from Lord Acton to W.E. Gladstone

Dear Mr. Gladstone,—

I was, somehow, never compelled to make my mind up about Women’s Suffrage, unless it is involved in the question of medical degrees, in which I took the side preferred by Cato.

But, for many years, I inclined to favour the change, and Miss Becker, I believe, counted me among her friends. It seemed most probable that the advent of the democracy would, in certain ways, introduce a reign of force, and that the stronger sex would submit to less restraint, in respect to marriage, property, and the like. There was an apparent reason for strengthening the hands of the weak, for making them a power which it was necessary to conciliate, and to consult. This has not proved to be a true calculation. Democracy, in some places, has raised the position of women; in others, it has given them privileges, in criminal law, which would not be scientifically defensible.

In England in the last twenty years, the preponderance of predominant man has not been abused. Women have obtained all sorts of occupations unknown to them formerly, and clearly to the detriment of the male competitor. There has been a vast increase in the sacrifices made, in a general way, for the weaker classes of society; and nothing has become more popular—apart from religious influence—than various kinds of good work, not always approved by Chancellors of the Exchequer, and bearing sometimes the character of a ransom, but decidedly favourable to the self-command, the self-denial, the generous and helpful spirit of the ruling democracy.

Chief surprise of all, the democracy has consented to set bounds to its power, to give up part of the area of authority possessed by the government of the classes. But this has been your personal work, and has not at all the same spontaneous character.

Therefore it now seems to me that there is no higher law deciding the question and that it falls within the computations of expediency. As I believe that the votes of women will be mainly Tory, I do not feel bound, by any superior consideration, to sacrifice the great interest of party.

If it can be shown that the majority of women will probably be Liberal, or that they will divide equally, I should say that the balance is, very slightly, in favour of giving them votes.

You will think my motives sordid; but the sordid element has only been brought to the front by a series of surprises. A few years ago it would not have weighed with me against the necessity I thought I saw of redressing the balance of power in favour of the perpetual victim of man.

Then since 1886 we have to think very seriously of the future of Liberal politics. We lost our majority by proposing to get rid of the Irish members. How should we have recovered it—in Great Britain—if we had succeeded in getting rid of them? And how is Liberalism to govern the Empire when its halo is gone, when no supreme hand represses the fouler elements, and there is nobody to play Hamlet? That is a perplexity for many of us: but I know you can hardly feel how it strikes men aware how much of the Liberal force is concentrated in you. Bertram Currie, by the by, would agree with what I have just said.

I cannot guess whether you will see grounds for attacking the financial basis of Goschen’s proposal; but the proposal itself, free education, will be very difficult to resist, now that it takes a practical shape. But there is so much more to say!—Ever truly yours,
Acton.
Cannes,
April 26, 1891
.
People are actually pretty complicated.

B.

ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 1355
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1319

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:03 am

Fegg wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:56 am
fafnir wrote: I find it hard to believe that women got the vote for reasons of long term macro-economics.
....
You combine that with psychological biases like natural sympathy for and desire to help women. Is any further explanation needed?
Some time ago I ran into this illuminating letter from Lord Acton to W.E. Gladstone

Dear Mr. Gladstone,—

I was, somehow, never compelled to make my mind up about Women’s Suffrage, unless it is involved in the question of medical degrees, in which I took the side preferred by Cato.

But, for many years, I inclined to favour the change, and Miss Becker, I believe, counted me among her friends. It seemed most probable that the advent of the democracy would, in certain ways, introduce a reign of force, and that the stronger sex would submit to less restraint, in respect to marriage, property, and the like. There was an apparent reason for strengthening the hands of the weak, for making them a power which it was necessary to conciliate, and to consult. This has not proved to be a true calculation. Democracy, in some places, has raised the position of women; in others, it has given them privileges, in criminal law, which would not be scientifically defensible.

In England in the last twenty years, the preponderance of predominant man has not been abused. Women have obtained all sorts of occupations unknown to them formerly, and clearly to the detriment of the male competitor. There has been a vast increase in the sacrifices made, in a general way, for the weaker classes of society; and nothing has become more popular—apart from religious influence—than various kinds of good work, not always approved by Chancellors of the Exchequer, and bearing sometimes the character of a ransom, but decidedly favourable to the self-command, the self-denial, the generous and helpful spirit of the ruling democracy.

Chief surprise of all, the democracy has consented to set bounds to its power, to give up part of the area of authority possessed by the government of the classes. But this has been your personal work, and has not at all the same spontaneous character.

Therefore it now seems to me that there is no higher law deciding the question and that it falls within the computations of expediency. As I believe that the votes of women will be mainly Tory, I do not feel bound, by any superior consideration, to sacrifice the great interest of party.

If it can be shown that the majority of women will probably be Liberal, or that they will divide equally, I should say that the balance is, very slightly, in favour of giving them votes.

You will think my motives sordid; but the sordid element has only been brought to the front by a series of surprises. A few years ago it would not have weighed with me against the necessity I thought I saw of redressing the balance of power in favour of the perpetual victim of man.

Then since 1886 we have to think very seriously of the future of Liberal politics. We lost our majority by proposing to get rid of the Irish members. How should we have recovered it—in Great Britain—if we had succeeded in getting rid of them? And how is Liberalism to govern the Empire when its halo is gone, when no supreme hand represses the fouler elements, and there is nobody to play Hamlet? That is a perplexity for many of us: but I know you can hardly feel how it strikes men aware how much of the Liberal force is concentrated in you. Bertram Currie, by the by, would agree with what I have just said.

I cannot guess whether you will see grounds for attacking the financial basis of Goschen’s proposal; but the proposal itself, free education, will be very difficult to resist, now that it takes a practical shape. But there is so much more to say!—Ever truly yours,
Acton.
Cannes,
April 26, 1891
.
People are actually pretty complicated.

B.
Ask an SJW and they'll categorise everyone for you in short order. Problem solved.

Driftless
.
.
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1320

Post by Driftless » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:16 am

shoutinghorse wrote:
fafnir wrote: Another way of putting it.... it's really useful to make things that pretty much everybody has done at some point sinful, if you are part of the group that gets to decide when to notice the sin. That way anybody can be destroyed the moment it becomes convenient. It also works like that "only white people can be racist" thing.... in that it is a weapon that is designed to only work in the hands of the group that created it.
Double standards of the idiotic left.

Words speak louder than actions apparently.

There also seems to be more sympathy for ex-convicts (even ones guilty of murder) than for someone who has an offensive photo or utterance in their past.

Post Reply