You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: This is such an obvious manifestation of the tendency of people to externalise evil. They are so sure that evil lies in everyone else that they can act with sociopathic malice whilst still convinced of their moral virtue. If you could get them out of the bubble looking in for a moment I'm sure they'd recoil in horror.
I was thinking about this. The real pay-outfrom splitting the world into Good and Evil is not so much making it easy to hate your opponents, but rather that you get the sanctimonious satisfaction of being purely Good.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I remember Kurt Vonnegut saying that he was disappointed but not surprised when he contemplated human nature.

But I can't remember the quote.

And so it goes...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Apparently it was 'kids against climate change' day in the UK today. :think:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Wow. I had a lovely Valentine's Day and just went back to visit that TFA post. There are some seriously mentally ill people there. I'd wear a MAGA cap just to rile them up and watch them spasm & froth on the floor.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Kirbmarc wrote:
The more dark-skinned blue-eyed dude in a parka might be the Swedish equivalent of Cheddar Man. The first people to populate Europe in the Mesolithic were probably darker skinned than their descendants, although they already presented some traits that become characteristics of European areas (like blue eyes).
Adam and Eve were white skinned and dark skin came along later as a punishment from God for their wickedness. It is possible that some Lamanites may have ventured into Europe during the post Noah period but the whites declined to breed with them as they they found their dark skin loathsome.
So they either just died off or went back to their shithole countries leaving Europe white and delightsome until recent Lamanite invasions which have been allowed because of the rejection of cultural christianity.
And Enoch also beheld the residue of the people which were the sons of Adam; and they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it was the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not place among them.

I can also see that the same chapter in "Book of Moses", verse 8, says about Canaanites:

For behold, the Lord shall curse the land with much heat, and the barrenness thereof shall go forth forever; and there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people.

And in 2 Nephi chapter 5, verse 21 it says:

And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon the

free thoughtpolice

oops quote borked.
Kirb's quote ends at (like blue eyes)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I'm not confident-- that I could look at the Climate Change experts' numbers & determine whether their case is solid.

But I am confident that I can detect something very wrong with the dollar amounts and timelines of the Green New Deal.

Is the latter indicative of the former? Is the climate change problem's math just as defective as the climate change solution's math?

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Is this getting the same play in the UK as other LGBTQ disputes like someone misgendering on Twitter?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ssons.html

Muslims are protesting LGBTQ curriculum at their kids school. Looks like the same sorts of complaints that right-wing Christians would have, but these are not right-wing Christians.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:02 am
Steersman wrote: <snip>

Though it would be interesting to know what's happening "behind the curtain" on that type of thing. Obviously Twitter has the ability and predilection to put their thumbs on the scales, but Jack Dorsey is apparently making some efforts to correct the worst of that "corporate culture" - as evidenced by his recent conversation with Kara Swisher:

https://www.recode.net/2019/2/12/182221 ... t-karajack
James Watt? Something to do with 'kettles of fish'? Or something steamier?
:-)

But certainly something of a "mephitic" mess there in Twitter Support. Though I periodically wonder to what extent that is due more to imperfect algorithms than explicit bias - even if that bias may affect to some degree, intentionally or not, the development of those algorithms.

Ran across a site awhile back that tracked - in "real-time" - the total number of tweets per day - something like 700 million a day. No way in gawd's green earth that a real human can be monitoring any portion of that - they have to rely on programs to monitor those and to take action accordingly. Inevitably going to be things that fall through the cracks - I've been banned a couple of times and when I've complained Twitter told me I had been caught by programs checking for spam - not that I'm repetitive or anything like that ...

But there does seem some evidence that the algorithms need some fine-tuning - too much opportunity for people to "game the system". Don't know if you read much of that interview - there's a link in it at the bottom to a "Twitter Moment" that has the whole conversation - but Dorsey alluded to how they rely on people complaining to trigger bans and the like rather than them being proactive. Kind of get the impression that "snowflakes" tend to have thinner skins than those on the nominal right - quicker to complain to the teacher - which is probably part of the reason why it looks like Twitter has a bias against those on the nominal Right. ICYMI - a Quillette article thereon.

But definitely have to give Dorsey a great deal of credit for taking the bull by the horns, for admitting the nature of the problem and expending a not inconsiderable amount of effort trying to fix it. Even if it may be motivated in part by an eye on Twitter's bottom line.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Driftless wrote: Is this getting the same play in the UK as other LGBTQ disputes like someone misgendering on Twitter?

Muslims are protesting LGBTQ curriculum at their kids school. Looks like the same sorts of complaints that right-wing Christians would have, but these are not right-wing Christians.
Some of the tabloids have picked it up but the mainstream media, especially the TV (BBC, ITV, SKY, Channel4 etc.) have by and large completely ignored it as usual. They're are extremely reluctant to criticise the religion of pieces and will if they can drop any controversy like a hot potato. The usual loudmouth suspects when it comes to LGBTQ whatever issues such as Owen Jones & Peter Tatchell et al have been very noticeable in their utter silence on this as well.
Once again Allah gets a bye.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Driftless wrote: Is this getting the same play in the UK as other LGBTQ disputes like someone misgendering on Twitter?

Some of the tabloids have picked it up but the mainstream media, especially the TV (BBC, ITV, SKY, Channel4 etc.) have by and large completely ignored it as usual. They're are extremely reluctant to criticise the religion of pieces and will if they can drop any controversy like a hot potato. The usual loudmouth suspects when it comes to LGBTQ whatever issues such as Owen Jones & Peter Tatchell et al have been very noticeable in their utter silence on this as well.
Once again Allah gets a bye.
Peter Tatchell has tweeted about it 'Muslim parents led a group of 300 protesting outside a Birmingham school against equality lessons that mention same-sex love & families. Lessons are designed to stop bullying. No sexual content. Some Muslim parents refuse to believe their kids might LGBT+'

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: I'm not confident-- that I could look at the Climate Change experts' numbers & determine whether their case is solid.

But I am confident that I can detect something very wrong with the dollar amounts and timelines of the Green New Deal.

Is the latter indicative of the former? Is the climate change problem's math just as defective as the climate change solution's math?
No, Comrade Alexandria and her fellow pinko commies are batshit crazy, is all.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Adam and Eve were white skinned and dark skin came along later as a punishment from God for their wickedness. It is possible that some Lamanites may have ventured into Europe during the post Noah period but the whites declined to breed with them as they they found their dark skin loathsome.
So they either just died off or went back to their shithole countries leaving Europe white and delightsome until recent Lamanite invasions which have been allowed because of the rejection of cultural christianity.
Clearly, the dark-skinned swedish lad is one of those moslem vikings that David 'I Like It When Other Guys Fuck My Wife' McAfee told us about.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Kiwi radio host interviews Socjus fool who knows he's losing the argument badly about Jordan Peterson but won't admit defeat.

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Adam and Eve were white skinned and dark skin came along later as a punishment from God for their wickedness. It is possible that some Lamanites may have ventured into Europe during the post Noah period but the whites declined to breed with them as they they found their dark skin loathsome.
Clearly, the dark-skinned swedish lad is one of those moslem vikings that David 'I Like It When Other Guys Fuck My Wife' McAfee told us about.
Blue eyed muslims? That's what you Californicators used to call western Canadians back in the day when we were selling you folks good clean electrical energy at prices set by Enron which was somehow our fault. :think:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Fucking hell!

I had to go back to the bike track to get full, unlimited driver's license today. I didn't remember it was that exhausting.

Fuck that shit!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Fuck all the shit.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I don't stick my dick in shit.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:39 am
fafnir wrote: Another way of putting it.... it's really useful to make things that pretty much everybody has done at some point sinful, if you are part of the group that gets to decide when to notice the sin. That way anybody can be destroyed the moment it becomes convenient. It also works like that "only white people can be racist" thing.... in that it is a weapon that is designed to only work in the hands of the group that created it.
Double standards of the idiotic left.

I'm sure there was a case in the UK recently, where two people were jailed (5 years I think) for being members of some far right and proscribed group.

Surely, this Jihadi woman should serve at least that time in prison, for being a member, or at least serving and suppoirting, ISIS.

But the narrative from commentators in the UK, is that there is "no evidence she's done everything wrong, yet".

:think:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:00 pm
Kiwi radio host interviews Socjus fool who knows he's losing the argument badly about Jordan Peterson but won't admit defeat.

What's a "priss ruloyse"?

And why is he "sijisting" something about it?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Keating wrote: I don't stick my dick in shit.
You can try an Alaskan Pipeline if you prefer.

In Alaska shit fucks you.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:
In honor of Alex Jones' family, all the families pictured have a restraining order against the father. How touching.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: oops quote borked.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
Really, though, I do love when capitalism is mistaken for a conspiracy theory. Who buys Parenting magazine? Hint; not men. So appealing to women, who as far as I can tell compromise about all of the readership (along with desperately bored men in dentist's waiting rooms) is suddenly a anti-father conspiracy. Ah, InfoWars, how I love thine batshit craziness. Conspiracies everywhere!

Now as a man, and primary caregiver to my kids, I'm pretty sensitive to these issues. But when you set your pattern recognition system to 11, you're gonna get some false positives. Better to concentrate on reality, as you tend to look less foolish. Of course, setting it to 11 and adding the spice of sheer madness is Infowars sole reason for existence.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Don’t read too much into it. It’s an amusing visual for a broader problem. And an ironic title.

(Gays are apparently the target market too. Is that because they are percieved as virtual women?).

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

What exactly is the size of the gay mixed couple male parenting market? :lol: :lol:

There’s niche and then there’s
very
niche eating quiche.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:39 am
fafnir wrote: Another way of putting it.... it's really useful to make things that pretty much everybody has done at some point sinful, if you are part of the group that gets to decide when to notice the sin. That way anybody can be destroyed the moment it becomes convenient. It also works like that "only white people can be racist" thing.... in that it is a weapon that is designed to only work in the hands of the group that created it.
Double standards of the idiotic left.

The tweet is mightier than the sword.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote: I'm not confident-- that I could look at the Climate Change experts' numbers & determine whether their case is solid.

Climate change's numbers are simple. We have slowed down the rate of heat energy leaving earth for space. This means that heat energy is accumulating within the atmosphere and oceans.

The transfer of heat energy between land, water, and atmosphere drives our weather system. The extra energy drives extreme conditions and some new or rarely seen patterns.

Simple.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

But I don't know anything about that woman other than she is cute and seems to stir people up. So I can't comment on her calculus.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So there's a chance of oobleck then?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

KiwiInOz wrote:

Climate change's numbers are simple. We have slowed down the rate of heat energy leaving earth for space. This means that heat energy is accumulating within the atmosphere and oceans.

The transfer of heat energy between land, water, and atmosphere drives our weather system. The extra energy drives extreme conditions and some new or rarely seen patterns.

Simple.
The inspiration for my previous post-- the one you replied-to-- is a podcast episode, link below, from Stanford's Hoover Institution, about the Green New Deal.
Like I said, I'm not fit to judge whether the podcast guest's climate numbers are correct or not.
As far as I know, he could be reciting tired, debunked climate-denier talking points. Or he could be utterly reliable.
But I buy what he says about the political numbers in the Green New Deal. And I don't buy Ocasio-math.

https://www.hoover.org/research/liberta ... n-new-deal

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:40 pm

Simple.
The research leading to that picture is far from simple which makes it easy for the so-called skeptics to baffle with bullshit. It isn't likely that the general public are going to bother to educate themselves enough to grasp the science itself so it is important that they learn how the process of hard science works. That way they will understand how ridiculous is the claim that the climate science world is populated by money-grubbing leftys all in on a conspiracy. The political left have badly damaged confidence in climate science by using it as a partisan weapon. You can hardly blame all of those libertarians who look at the general behaviour and tactics of the holier-than-thou left promoting AGW and conclude that it's a con job.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

Simple.
The inspiration for my previous post-- the one you replied-to-- is a podcast episode, link below, from Stanford's Hoover Institution, about the Green New Deal.
Like I said, I'm not fit to judge whether the podcast guest's climate numbers are correct or not.
As far as I know, he could be reciting tired, debunked climate-denier talking points. Or he could be utterly reliable.
But I buy what he says about the political numbers in the Green New Deal. And I don't buy Ocasio-math.

I'll have a listen later today.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:

I'll respond to each of that lying cunt's claims one by one.

1) If you plot greenhouse gases with temperature increases, there is “virtually no correlation”.
2018NCA_TempCO2_UPDATED2_900_506_s_c1_c_c.jpg
(178.56 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
https://www.climatecentral.org/gallery/ ... mperatures

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

2) Temperatures go up & down, but there is no long-term upward trend.
temp_rise.png
(85.42 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/2018 ... -nasa-noaa

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

3) If you look at hurricane levels ... it’s essentially a cyclical phenomenon.

While the total numbers of hurricanes have not increased, their intensity has:
Since the mid-1970s, the number of hurricanes that reach Categories 4 and 5 in strength has roughly doubled. Indices for hurricane activity based on storm surge data from tide gauges further indicate an increase in intensity.
The reason for this is partly increased ocean surface temps, but also raised sea levels:
Sea levels are also rising as the oceans warm and seawater expands. This expansion, combined with the melting of land-based ice, has caused global average sea level to rise by roughly 7-8 inches since 1900—a trend that is expected to accelerate over coming decades.
Higher sea levels give coastal storm surges a higher starting point when major storms approach and pile water up along the shore. The resulting storm surge reaches higher and penetrates further inland in low-lying areas.
https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/s ... GdZ1S2ZO34

The prediction is for further increases:
We ... conclude that it is likely that climate warming will cause Atlantic hurricanes in the coming century have higher rainfall rates than present-day hurricanes, and medium confidence that they will be more intense (higher peak winds and lower central pressures) on average.
https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-warmin ... urricanes/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Thanks Matt. Keep em coming.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

4) Arctic ice levels go up & down with no long-term trend.

n_plot_hires.png
(87.95 KiB) Downloaded 156 times

https://nsidc.org/data/seaice_index/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

5) 30 year-old global warming predictions were all off, “they all ‘ran too hot’”.

Climate models published since 1973 have generally been quite skillful in projecting future warming. While some were too low and some too high, they all show outcomes reasonably close to what has actually occurred, especially when discrepancies between predicted and actual CO2 concentrations and other climate forcings are taken into account.
https://www.carbonbrief.org/analysis-ho ... al-warming

The graphs at that link are well worth a look to judge just how accurate the predictions were (being predictions of things 40-50 years in the future). Here's one:
Hanson_1981.png
(64.9 KiB) Downloaded 150 times

NB: of the 8 predictions surveyed, three actually 'ran too cold'.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: oops quote borked.
I thought The 'Oo were Behind Blue Eyes?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Despite many historians denying the "Muslim Viking" and only that one scrap of similar-looking fabric in support, the "some Vikings were muslims" is an established fact amongst the ctrl-left. Either side's willingness to embrace psuedoscience when it confirms their prejudices is amazing.

CaptainFluffyBunny

https://www.artfido.com/the-sketchbooks ... aPum9spw4M
Sketchbook of a WWII soldier. Worth a look.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Matthew Facciani posts about a research paper on atheist --> christian conversion he co-authored. It's interesting, albeit sociology, but he's upfront about the qualitative nature of the study and its limitations. Worth a quick read.

The comments, though, are mostly: 'christians be stoopid.'

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/according ... istianity/

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

People have their reasons.

franc

Post by franc »

This was necessary -

https://i.imgur.com/NdJZ7PV.jpg

franc

Post by franc »

Of course the retard is fucking retarded -

https://i.imgur.com/QYVXvKn.jpg

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

[quote=CaptainFluffyBunny post_id=484847 time= user_id=900]
[quote="Matt Cavanaugh" post_id=484782 time= user_id=708]
[quote="free thoughtpolice" post_id=484774 time= user_id=410]
Adam and Eve were white skinned and dark skin came along later as a punishment from God for their wickedness. It is possible that some Lamanites may have ventured into Europe during the post Noah period but the whites declined to breed with them as they they found their dark skin loathsome.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Despite many historians denying the "Muslim Viking" and only that one scrap of similar-looking fabric in support, the "some Vikings were muslims" is an established fact amongst the ctrl-left. Either side's willingness to embrace psuedoscience when it confirms their prejudices is amazing.
[/quote]

Yep.

If you want more context about the darker skinned blue-eyed dude from a scientific, instead of ideological, point of view, here's an [url=http://www.razib.com/wordpress/?cat=1753]article[/url] by Razib Khan on Cheddar Man.

Basically the first people to settle in Europe were Mesolithic hunter-gatherers and very likely darker-skinned than modern Europeans. But they were likely almost completely wiped out by later invasions of lighter skinned Middle East Farmers, who then were reduced to a minority by later invasions of Indo-Europeans.

In Scandinavia there were also also later invasions of Siberian tribes.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Don’t read too much into it. It’s an amusing visual for a broader problem. And an ironic title.

(Gays are apparently the target market too. Is that because they are percieved as virtual women?).
Gay men often buy women's magazines and are often interested in makeup or fashion, at least more than straight men. Just like lesbians are often interested in sports like football or lacrosse, or in cars and mechanics, at least more than straight women.

There's actually some evidence that hormones influence behavior, at least to some extent, and that this influences psychological trends.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Don’t read too much into it. It’s an amusing visual for a broader problem. And an ironic title.

Gay men often buy women's magazines and are often interested in makeup or fashion, at least more than straight men. Just like lesbians are often interested in sports like football or lacrosse, or in cars and mechanics, at least more than straight women.

There's actually some evidence that hormones influence behavior, at least to some extent, and that this influences psychological trends.
Thank you Kirb, very interesting take. How do you think the Garhwal Brigade reacted to their experience at Neuve Chapelle?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

Thank you Kirb, very interesting take. How do you think the Garhwal Brigade reacted to their experience at Neuve Chapelle?
Military history is not my field of expertise, it's yours. You tell me.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I have been convinced that the poster for ‘Swedish Roots’ was a genuine anthropological study with absolutely no side agenda.

See? I’m as flexible as fuck.

:fpig:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

What did Dave Chapelle ever do to the narwhals?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

Military history is not my field of expertise, it's yours. You tell me.
I was thinking more about getting inside their heads. It’d be a gas.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: I have been convinced that the poster for ‘Swedish Roots’ was a genuine anthropological study with absolutely no side agenda.

See? I’m as flexible as fuck.

:fpig:
You may want to start a kickstarter about how the media is presenting an anti-white male agenda.There's likely plenty of people willing to pay for that.

It doesn't take much in terms of research or accuracy, and you have a much more pleasant voice than others in the field of videos about pop cultural biases.

I don't recommend wearing hoop earrings or flannel shirts, though.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: I was thinking more about getting inside their heads. It’d be a gas.
I'm sure your perspective would be more enlightening.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Dunno about Muslim vikings but i saw a coin in an exhibition of Anglo-Saxons at British Library minted in Mercia at the time of King Offa. Coin had recognisable arabic script of "there is no god but allah".

Explain That !

(spoiler - explanation is that Mercians were copying a middle-eastern coin for status and that they thought script was merely a pattern as evidenced by fact they got it upside down )

Still interesting and reminder that things are not always as they seem.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

BeckyBooze has just dropped a vid where she comes out as a part time carpet muncher. Can't say I'm surprised but I've never known her admit it before. I wonder if apple salary mugfrend knew ? (2:42)

franc

Post by franc »

shoutinghorse wrote: BeckyBooze has just dropped a vid where she comes out as a part time carpet muncher. Can't say I'm surprised but I've never known her admit it before. I wonder if apple salary mugfrend knew ? (2:42)
Great. The penis enhanced do have some kind of dignity.

Jesus I've fucked some pigs in my lifetime. Meth queens mostly, a lot of valium slugs too, and they have no entitlment to respect. As for the ladies not in above categories, where we have disagreed, often insanely, you have not forfeited my duty of indifferent respect. We parted ways. Fuck you. Fuck me. Etc. Adieu. But never in my worst nightmares have I ever seen anything like Becky anywhere...

https://youtu.be/L1aZUzaAdJY

franc

Post by franc »

Threw the old man in a hole in the ground because we're not allowed to burn him because that's what catholics do and we are the one true orthodox faith and catholics are cunts and whatever they do is wrong. That fucking hole has cost $14,000 so far and that's not counting the idolaters monument which will be another 5-10 grand. Death is for capitalist pigs. Fuck this. I'm leaving my corpse to necrophiles or US miiltary ballistics testing. Seriously. Fuck this. The cunt's dead and we have to shit money. Fuck off. Cunts.