Old subthreads
InfraRedBucket

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by InfraRedBucket »

About time.

John D

Post by John D »

On a completely different subject... haha. I have been re-reading Frank Herbert's Dune. I had forgotten how much of it was about selective breeding. The Bene Gesserit are manipulating people's reproduction and using their control to create people who are genetically superior... including mystical and even supernatural powers. It is basically a story of genetic purity creating a super-human (Paul the Kwisatz Haderach).

Of course... and having read Lord of the Rings four times... it is basically the same theme. Aragorn, the king returned, is of noble birth and thus he is genetically superior to others. He is not simply king by birthright, he is king because he is a truly superior human.

And also.... my mind wanders to Tarzan. If you have never read the original, I highly recommend it. Tarzan is the son of British royalty, and thus he is a superior human. The royalty in England has become lazy, but the test of the jungle brings out the superiority of British Royalty. This part of the story is not subtle or understated. It is explained over and over. Tarzan is about to be "King of the Jungle" because he is a superior human due to his royal birth.

and... let's not forget that Jesus was a direct descendent of King David. The Buddha, Odysseys... etc.... all a result of superior breeding to some extent.

So, really, these extremely popular fantasy fictions (including the Bible) are based on a kind of social Darwinism. The superior breed of human will triumph and thus be the rightful and generous leader of his feeble minions.

I am like... oh shit... I never really thought of this before.

John D

Post by John D »

give me an "N", give me an "A", give me a "Z", give me an "I".... what do we get.... the genetically superior..... NAZI. Haha.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote: give me an "N", give me an "A", give me a "Z", give me an "I".... what do we get.... the genetically superior..... NAZI. Haha.
:-) As I've periodically argued, fascism gets a far worse press than it deserves ... ;-)

And eugenics too. ICYMI, highly recommend Matt Ridley's Genome. Some quite interesting bits on Tay-Sachs disease and cystic fibrosis which have a somewhat higher than normal incidence is Askenazi (!!) Jews due to inbreeding. That community has caught some flak from the NYTimes because that community's efforts to reduce the incidence of those diseases through "selective breeding", through genetic testing prior to marriage, was deemed "eugenic":
Ridley wrote:The practical results of this vluntary policy - which was criticicized in 1993 by the New York Times as eugenic - are already impressive. Cystic fibrosis has been virtually eliminated from the Jewish population in the United States. [pg 191]

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

John D wrote: On a completely different subject... haha. I have been re-reading Frank Herbert's Dune. I had forgotten how much of it was about selective breeding. The Bene Gesserit are manipulating people's reproduction and using their control to create people who are genetically superior... including mystical and even supernatural powers. It is basically a story of genetic purity creating a super-human (Paul the Kwisatz Haderach).

Of course... and having read Lord of the Rings four times... it is basically the same theme. Aragorn, the king returned, is of noble birth and thus he is genetically superior to others. He is not simply king by birthright, he is king because he is a truly superior human.

And also.... my mind wanders to Tarzan. If you have never read the original, I highly recommend it. Tarzan is the son of British royalty, and thus he is a superior human. The royalty in England has become lazy, but the test of the jungle brings out the superiority of British Royalty. This part of the story is not subtle or understated. It is explained over and over. Tarzan is about to be "King of the Jungle" because he is a superior human due to his royal birth.

and... let's not forget that Jesus was a direct descendent of King David. The Buddha, Odysseys... etc.... all a result of superior breeding to some extent.

So, really, these extremely popular fantasy fictions (including the Bible) are based on a kind of social Darwinism. The superior breed of human will triumph and thus be the rightful and generous leader of his feeble minions.

Aragorn was a Númenorean, through the Dúnedain. I don't think it was breeding so much as lineage(not quite the same thing.) Especially seeing as he bangs an elf, and begets a half-and-half. Tarzan was more about the virtues of living wild and the destructive influence of civilization. Burroughs was actually quite progressive for his time, and African natives are actually treated as people in his work. More of a Noble Savage thing. There's clearly some breeding nods, but I believe that misses the main thrust of his thinking.

Dune, well, I haven't read those books in years, but I seem to recall that the foibles of a breeding plan becomes evident in the series. Correct me if I'm wrong. I liked the first book well enough, but quickly became disenchanted with the series, so I haven't really read them for a long, long time.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Guest_9f0c1607 wrote: Just poked me' head in to say, steerzo. Now's yer chance. She say's she's willing to change so this is the time to agitiate for your koran pissing policy.

<snip>
Really? Haven't seen anything yet on that. But I have broached that suggestion, and have had some sympathy for it ... ;-)

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Good news for white people who like to wear their hair in dreadlocks.

Employers can no longer discriminate against you.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ack-people

John D

Post by John D »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Tarzan was more about the virtues of living wild and the destructive influence of civilization. Burroughs was actually quite progressive for his time, and African natives are actually treated as people in his work. More of a Noble Savage thing. There's clearly some breeding nods, but I believe that misses the main thrust of his thinking.
When was the last time you read the original Tarzan? Just saying that I was pretty surprised by the way Tarzan's "lineage" was the explanation for why he was superior to the native people.

I suppose the idea that lineage is different from genetics is valid.... hmmmm.... but the lineage thing is really just a justification for why royalty should rule the rest of us schmuks. They are considered to be superior humans... either through genetic inheritance or "godly" inheritance.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:
Steersman wrote: In any case, to kill the proverbial two birds, I thought that that was a nice thumbnail overview of yours of the SNC-Lavalin scandal; you may need to update it a bit, what with all of the Liberal Butts - so to speak - being thrown under the bus these days.
Yes, quite a tangled web is unweaving. Why did Butts resign if he had done nothing wrong? Why was the deferred prosecution/remediation legislation snuck into an omnibus finance bill? Was it included simply to give SNC-Lavalin an out? Was the wording in it about not being allowed to consider economic consequences put there to provide plausible deniability when it was suggested it be used to resolve the SNC-Lavalin case? Will someone be shot in Canada if the press keeps asking questions?

Wernick may consider it 'robust advocacy' and not 'inappropriate pressure' to keep telling the Attorney General that the economic consequences of prosecution would be disastrous (and remember, these are not to be considered in choosing remediation instead of prosecution), but the decision remained hers alone. You still want to prosecute? Let me advocate again: economic disaster, no pressure, your decision. Still want to procescute? Oh, dear, let's advocate again etc etc ad nauseam (which is the only "vomitorium" (link above) I find in all this. It's badgering someone until they give the answer you desire, but technically remaining just within the wording of the Shawcross doctrine, whilst gang-raping its spirit.

<snip>
Tangled web indeed, and one apparently coming apart at the seams; couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. And that sure was a jaw-dropping series of statements from Wernick - "desperation is palpable" methinks:

I remember reading something from a biography of Stalin which suggested he saw himself in much rosier terms than history generally does.

But maybe you might want to consider doing a "Downfall" spoof yourself on that (one hopes) of Trudeau and company? :-)

An amusing recent variation on that theme on McKinnon & Navratilova (don't know how to embed it as a video):

http://captiongenerator.com/1227562/Hit ... avratilova

And the template for those who might be interested ...

https://www.captiongenerator.com/videos ... te/1227562

CaptainFluffyBunny

John D wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Tarzan was more about the virtues of living wild and the destructive influence of civilization. Burroughs was actually quite progressive for his time, and African natives are actually treated as people in his work. More of a Noble Savage thing. There's clearly some breeding nods, but I believe that misses the main thrust of his thinking.
When was the last time you read the original Tarzan? Just saying that I was pretty surprised by the way Tarzan's "lineage" was the explanation for why he was superior to the native people.

I suppose the idea that lineage is different from genetics is valid.... hmmmm.... but the lineage thing is really just a justification for why royalty should rule the rest of us schmuks. They are considered to be superior humans... either through genetic inheritance or "godly" inheritance.
Just gave it a glance over, and indeed there is more than I recalled about breeding leading to behavior. My apologies. I had recently (ten years ago, christ I'm getting old) read Burroughs' Barsoom novels to my kids. I recalled that the dominant Red Martians were am admixture of the other, older races and that Burroughs contemplated something similar happening on Earth. In the later Tarzan novels, I distinctly recall Tarzan being friends with black Africans, and of finding a mixed-race vestige of Rome...or perhaps it's all becoming a pulp blur. I still think that there was a bit of noble savage and distrust of civilization being a strong theme. Of one thing I'm sure, is that all the old pulp writers have joined Lovecraft on the bonfire of modern sensibilities.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
John D wrote: On a completely different subject... haha. I have been re-reading Frank Herbert's Dune. I had forgotten how much of it was about selective breeding. The Bene Gesserit are manipulating people's reproduction and using their control to create people who are genetically superior... including mystical and even supernatural powers. It is basically a story of genetic purity creating a super-human (Paul the Kwisatz Haderach).

Aragorn was a Númenorean, through the Dúnedain. I don't think it was breeding so much as lineage(not quite the same thing.) Especially seeing as he bangs an elf, and begets a half-and-half ..... snip
I think Arwen was only three quarter Elvish given her Pa was Elrond Half Elf ...

John D

Post by John D »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I still think that there was a bit of noble savage and distrust of civilization being a strong theme. Of one thing I'm sure, is that all the old pulp writers have joined Lovecraft on the bonfire of modern sensibilities.
Yes. I agree with you. The explanation for why the British nobility in the UK were "weak" is because they were not properly tested by their environment. Tarzan was a sort of "superman" because of his noble lineage and the test of overcoming the wild.

John D

Post by John D »

Brive1987 wrote: I think Arwen was only three quarter Elvish given her Pa was Elrond Half Elf ...
One drop of elvish blood makes you an elf.... right?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I thought one drop of human blood made you suspect, forcing you to choose your mortal/immortal identity? :)

Written today, Éowyn Dernhelm and Arwen would be a butch/lipstick pair bitching about Elenna-nórë-ian structural power and the need for Fourth-Age revolution.

No wonder the Elves pissed off over the ocean.

John D

Post by John D »

Regardless of the details.... Liv Tyler is hot as fuck. Even my wife lets me say that Liv Tyler is hot as fuck.... cause I think my wife would also do her... haha.
Arwen-Fellowship-of-the-RIng-750x373.jpg
(23.91 KiB) Downloaded 448 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I still think that there was a bit of noble savage and distrust of civilization being a strong theme. Of one thing I'm sure, is that all the old pulp writers have joined Lovecraft on the bonfire of modern sensibilities.
Yes. I agree with you. The explanation for why the British nobility in the UK were "weak" is because they were not properly tested by their environment. Tarzan was a sort of "superman" because of his noble lineage and the test of overcoming the wild.

I got a different impression from the Phillip Jose Farmer (I think) short story - based on the premise that William rather than Edgar Rice was the author of the tales.

As Joey Ramone put it "What a Wonderful World".

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote: Regardless of the details.... Liv Tyler is hot as fuck. Even my wife lets me say that Liv Tyler is hot as fuck.... cause I think my wife would also do her... haha.Arwen-Fellowship-of-the-RIng-750x373.jpg
No she's not hot as fuck - she's emaciated with botox lips and a characterless face.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote:
John D wrote: Regardless of the details.... Liv Tyler is hot as fuck. Even my wife lets me say that Liv Tyler is hot as fuck.... cause I think my wife would also do her... haha.Arwen-Fellowship-of-the-RIng-750x373.jpg
No she's not hot as fuck - she's emaciated with botox lips and a characterless face.
She's definitely her father's daughter.

Keating

Post by Keating »

How dare you mock Hugo Weaving.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

MarcusAu wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
She's definitely her father's daughter.
Good old Steve. When he opens his mouth wide his head disappears.

John D

Post by John D »

Lsuoma wrote:
Each to their own... but I do think the lips are real.
00-social-image-steven-tyler-mani.jpg
(94.37 KiB) Downloaded 391 times

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

John D wrote:
Mind you, the John Buchan novels suggested the right sort of British chaps were constantly testing themselves - against salmon, stags, Huns, mountains, Jews and, of course, each other. But only as gifted amateurs, as being too good or trying too hard wasn't quite done. Should read them all again one of these days! And if you've never read Geoffrey Household's 1939 Rogue Male, you have missed out on a very good thriller (if one with some interesting twists - poor Asmodeus!)

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Service Dog wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:27 am
*After* Jussie Smollett's arrest, a complete maniac on CNN sez *all* MAGA rally attendees are the same as noose & bleach lynchers...

I wanna find video of the MSNBC interviewee from yesterday, Zack Stafford, whose theory is that the whole thing is a frame-up by racist Chicago police. The interview is the editor-in-chief of The Advocate, gay newspaper.
Zack Stafford's previous job was "CONTENT DIRECTOR" for... GRINDR!

At 7:50 the female anchor says "Obviously we have to reserve judgement on whether or not we convict him right now in the media" Ha Ha! The same media who reserved no judgement whatsoever in convicting the catholic schoolboys just a month ago. The hypocrisy of these bell ends knows no bounds. :roll:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote: Mind you, the John Buchan novels suggested the right sort of British chaps were constantly testing themselves - against salmon, stags, Huns, mountains, Jews and, of course, each other. But only as gifted amateurs, as being too good or trying too hard wasn't quite done. Should read them all again one of these days! And if you've never read Geoffrey Household's 1939 Rogue Male, you have missed out on a very good thriller (if one with some interesting twists - poor Asmodeus!)
I listened to an audio play of 'The 39 Steps' recently - at one point the main character (Richard Hannay) has to give an off the cuff speech to members of the Liberal party on the topic of Australia. The gist of it being "There are no Torys in Australia".

Bizarre.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Truly a match made in heaven. :romance-romance:

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Sorry, it's got Trump in but is pretty amusing...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

This is pretty funny.

It has a manga hat but no Trump.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Bhurzum wrote: Sorry, it's got Trump in but is pretty amusing...

Oh! Pretty good fighterfor all those "bone spurs."

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Could be wrong. But I think it’s a metaphor.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote: Could be wrong. But I think it’s a metaphor.
Sigh. The simplest things...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oh shit. You mean Trump was really fighting with bone spurs and all?

Or you mean that a fighting metaphor meme is inappropriate because in real life Trump didn’t go to war? If so. Mind blown.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Oh shit. You mean Trump was really fighting with bone spurs and all?

Or you mean that a fighting metaphor meme is inappropriate because in real life Trump didn’t go to war? If so. Mind blown.
Perhaps what's funny is the idea of a movement of dedicated fans who think that Trump is a fighter, metaphorically or otherwise, when he's so much of a bumbling asshole that even Tucker Carlson and Ann Coulter, two of the thought-leaders of the populist/nationalist side of the GOP, are having regrets.

If someone portrayed PZ Myers as a fighter, even as a metaphor, we'd all laugh, because the man is so chickenshit that he has to delete quotes from his old "islamophobic" posts in the comments of his blog.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

No Kirb. That’s not funny at all.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: No Kirb. That’s not funny at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twqWNomwtB0

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

OK, I'll link this in a futile attempt at undoing my last tweet-link...

I don't believe in angels buuut...

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Meyers is such a hard-bodied brute, he is on the verge of turning me.

*swoon*

https://i.imgur.com/pD5aQLE.png

Seriously, what is the sad old fucker thinking when he posts this shit? That Becky is going to read it and come sprinting over to Hootville, Minnesota to suck on his wizened little bellend?

https://i.imgur.com/WaGa7ZR.png
Artwork: Gumby

I really think that Meyers does not, can not, will not, see how ridiculous this is. How it is the attitude of a million seventeen-year-olds with middle-class parents and flabbily comfortable Western lives. And how hypocritical it is when he has fucking Amazon affiliate links all over his blog.

Foolish, bitter little man.

https://i.imgur.com/WBLKn1q.png
Artwork: Ape+lust

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Brive1987 wrote: Oh shit. You mean Trump was really fighting with bone spurs and all?

I once read an article by a bemused journalist that had Trump showing her the lumps on his feet that were the infamous "bone spurs" that cost him a successful - yoooge - military career, and lost the Vietnam War for America as a consequence. The only bone spurs that occur in draft-age feet are the calcifications ("heel spurs") in the attachment of the plantar fascia on the calcaneum seen in X-rays of people with plantar fasciitis. They are not really spurs or spikes, and they don't dig in like ingrown toenails. They represent healed inflammation in a ligament. They cannot be seen externally. It seems they can be purchased by providing rent-free accommodation in NYC, however.

CaptainFluffyBunny

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Meyers is such a hard-bodied brute, he is on the verge of turning me.

*swoon*

https://i.imgur.com/pD5aQLE.png

Seriously, what is the sad old fucker thinking when he posts this shit? That Becky is going to read it and come sprinting over to Hootville, Minnesota to suck on his wizened little bellend?

https://i.imgur.com/WaGa7ZR.png
Artwork: Gumby

I really think that Meyers does not, can not, will not, see how ridiculous this is. How it is the attitude of a million seventeen-year-olds with middle-class parents and flabbily comfortable Western lives. And how hypocritical it is when he has fucking Amazon affiliate links all over his blog.

Foolish, bitter little man.

Poor Little Paul is just trying to stay relevant, hip and maintain his ever-diminshing horde. If he really wanted to impress us, he'd dig up Caine and use her bones for artwork.

What, too soon?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote:

I once read an article by a bemused journalist that had Trump showing her the lumps on his feet that were the infamous "bone spurs" that cost him a successful - yoooge - military career, and lost the Vietnam War for America as a consequence. The only bone spurs that occur in draft-age feet are the calcifications ("heel spurs") in the attachment of the plantar fascia on the calcaneum seen in X-rays of people with plantar fasciitis. They are not really spurs or spikes, and they don't dig in like ingrown toenails. They represent healed inflammation in a ligament. They cannot be seen externally. It seems they can be purchased by providing rent-free accommodation in NYC, however.
One word: Bunions.

That's my long range diagnosis.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

It appears that Maduro has ordered attacks on humanitarian aid trucks attempting to enter Venezuela. Obviously he's another one not doing socialism right. :naughty:

Soldiers abandon posts.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-47343918

CaptainFluffyBunny

They've penetrated the backchannel (kinky)! Oh, noes!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Meyers is such a hard-bodied brute, he is on the verge of turning me.
<snip>

:shock: :lol: :clap:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
<snip>
Poor Little Paul is just trying to stay relevant, hip and maintain his ever-diminshing horde. If he really wanted to impress us, he'd dig up Caine and use her bones for artwork.

What, too soon?
:lol:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:

I once read an article by a bemused journalist that had Trump showing her the lumps on his feet that were the infamous "bone spurs" that cost him a successful - yoooge - military career, and lost the Vietnam War for America as a consequence. .... They cannot be seen externally. It seems they can be purchased by providing rent-free accommodation in NYC, however.
:lol: "Oh ye, of little faith!" A never-Trumper, born & bred ... ;-)

CaptainFluffyBunny

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

shoutinghorse wrote: It appears that Maduro has ordered attacks on humanitarian aid trucks attempting to enter Venezuela. Obviously he's another one not doing socialism right. :naughty:

Soldiers abandon posts.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-47343918
shoutinghorse wrote: It appears that Maduro has ordered attacks on humanitarian aid trucks attempting to enter Venezuela. Obviously he's another one not doing socialism right. :naughty:
Maduro's supporters are all insisting the humanitarian aid (which they always put in scare quotes) is actually US guns, ammo, etc. They supply no evidence, naturally, but they know this anti-US rhetoric plays well with idiots and far left extremists.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

CommanderTuvok wrote:

witter.com/WCKitchen/stat9383797731201024

Soldiers abandon posts.
bc.netin-america-47343918
Maduro's supporters are all insisting the humanitarian aid (which they always put in scare quotes) is actually US guns, ammo, etc. They supply no evidence, naturally, but they know this anti-US rhetoric plays well with idiots and far left extremists.
To be fair, any left-leaning Government of a South/Central American country would be wise to be suspicious of supplies arriving from a right-leaning US Government: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contras

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: Tarzan
Sometime around the end of high school, I found a paperback copy of Emile Zola's 1885 novel 'Germinal', which was dreary, dry reading-- even worse, it's 13th in a 20 volume series. I didnt' make it to the end. But, apparently, Zola's goal was to portray heritable traits-- so the angry drunk in the first part of the books would have an angry drunk son later & angry drunk grandson, or whatever. Tedious.

Although his methodology-- of trying to tell fictional stories which were plausibly-true in terms of scientific & journalistic accuracy-- make him a precursor to Tom Wolfe, I guess.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

MarcusAu wrote:
screwtape wrote:

A bunion from a hallux valgus tends not to develop until later in life when the big toe deviates laterally.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Somebody needs to tweet this at Richard Carrier. I'm afraid he's blocked me, the poor, sensitive soul.

CaptainFluffyBunny

My favorite Maduro moment.

CaptainFluffyBunny

screwtape wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
screwtape wrote:

A bunion from a hallux valgus tends not to develop until later in life when the big toe deviates laterally.
So this guy goes to a podiatrist for a bunion. Doc takes a look and says "You've got to stop masturbating!" The guy says; "What, why doc?" Says she; "Because I'm trying to do the exam!"

CaptainFluffyBunny

A bad joke has killed the pit. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Oh, no, it wasn't the airplanes. It was Beauty killed the Beast.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote: A bunion from a hallux valgus tends not to develop until later in life when the big toe deviates laterally.
Finally we have proof that Trump was advanced for his age...or that he is a deviant.

(I know, I know...this should be in the 'other' thread).

franc

Post by franc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:19 am
Franc:

Kind of sorry to hear that, and kind of not. After the shit you went through, it must be a relief. The financial burden is a real bitch. Hope you can sort things out.
Fucking monument sellers are like flies on a turd. Made one web inquiry and the cunt rang me with hard sell inside a minute. Cunts.

Family superstition dictates I Must Build a MONUMENT. Or neighbours will gossip...

Fuck this shit.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Don't go to see that new Captain Marvel film with Brie Larsen ... apparently she's cheesy !

franc

Post by franc »