You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
SM1957

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by SM1957 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: ThreeFlangedJarvis wrote:
If Europe has to regress socially and be racially replaced then I would rather very reluctantly accept that than initiate war against immigrants who mostly have no reason to think they've done anything wrong. Perhaps that makes me a moral coward, but I suspect it is how most people see it.
The real moral cowards are those people like Brievik and Tarrant that go out and murder people and internet demagogues like Goldy and Southern that whip anger and resentment about "the great replacement" but don't do their part by having kids themselves.
There aren't enough young people around now to fill the workforce here now, everywhere from farms, restaurants, resorts, skilled trades, and or professionals. I've needed work done in the last few years and you have long waits to get work done and pay a lot to get it done. And that is despite a quite a few immigrants that fit in well with the work force from farmworkers to physicians.
Youth unemployment in Italy is 30% Why do Italians need to import young people from Mali?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

SM1957 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: ThreeFlangedJarvis wrote:
If Europe has to regress socially and be racially replaced then I would rather very reluctantly accept that than initiate war against immigrants who mostly have no reason to think they've done anything wrong. Perhaps that makes me a moral coward, but I suspect it is how most people see it.
The real moral cowards are those people like Brievik and Tarrant that go out and murder people and internet demagogues like Goldy and Southern that whip anger and resentment about "the great replacement" but don't do their part by having kids themselves.
There aren't enough young people around now to fill the workforce here now, everywhere from farms, restaurants, resorts, skilled trades, and or professionals. I've needed work done in the last few years and you have long waits to get work done and pay a lot to get it done. And that is despite a quite a few immigrants that fit in well with the work force from farmworkers to physicians.
Youth unemployment in Italy is 30% Why do Italians need to import young people from Mali?
http://i.imgur.com/RjVGGby.jpg
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ still hasn’t acknowledged the Mueller whitewash. :lol: :lol:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:45 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:02 pm
ThreeFlangedJarvis wrote:
I thought you lived in Canada!
Not sure what you mean. There is a lot of demand for the spectrum of low skilled jobs to well paid professionals in this area. Canada is a big country, maybe you are talking about a different hood?
The major nations of Europe,particularly, where the last thing the unskilled need is more competition driving down already meagre wages.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

KiwiInOz wrote: My Dad had a ticket to go to the game, but chose not to because of the potential drama. He was furious about the game being cancelled. I think that he has forgiven d-i-l since.

Waikato (particularly Hamilton) in the early 80s was dead. Palmy for Uni in the mid 80s was ok - when the students were in town - dead at other times. We left NZ about 15 years ago and I am in two minds about going back. Wife would like to. There is a part of NZ that will always be my turangawaewae, so maybe.
They say you can't go home again - but it you wait long enough home might come to you.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/clando ... andon-park

I must make a point of going to see it...sometime...

Some might date the 'end of innocence' to the Waterfront strike of 1951 or to the battle of Chunuk Bair (or other activities in the Gallipoli campaign). WWII most likely had a similar effect for those involved.

Though not to trust politicians is a lesson each generation has to learn for itself.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

It's not who you egg but where and why you egg.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... wDeqPydXq4

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I am the Walrus.

ThreeFlangedJavis

I'm wondering how aware the World is of the situation in South Africa right now. Our state power utility, Eskom is running a loadshedding schedule, a number of substations have gone pyrotechnic over a short period and they are supplementing with expensive (about R5/kWh as opposed to cents/kWh for coal) diesel turbines to keep the grid going. The Black Empowerment companies contracted to maintain the delivery system don't have the skills or equipment to maintain the oil coolant in the substation transformers so they go bang every now and then. Never mind, out of sight out of mind. Eskom has been having issues for 15 years with coal supplies, lack of power station maintenance and corruption yet the gov has still let it come to this, where they can't even supply demand in summer during an economic downturn. The basic cause is massive corruption, replacement of skilled engineers in the name of affirmative action and piss poor planning (related to the former causes). Given the poor condition of the infrastructure and the extra strain placed on the still functioning assets, the chances of another big capacity failure are high and that could bring the grid down. Nobody can say how long it would take to fire up the grid again. It could be days, weeks, months, or even longer. Chances are they'll blow up parts of the transmission grid if they jump the gun. We'd be back in the stone age without power. Taps would run dry, toilets would be unflushed, the banking system would die, communications would die, food delivery would be curtailed. Would there even be air travel out of the country after a few days? How would one get travel documents? Would the currency be worth anything? Whites and foreign store owners would be an endangered species. Before long there'd be mobs blockading the roads,looting houses and dragging the occupants out onto the streets. It is a very real possibility but people prefer to pretend it isn't because there isn't much they can do about it.

Never mind the state of the water supply, which is absolutely shocking, but people are becoming inured to this kind of thing. There is increasing unrest at the institutions which we still refer to as universities for some unfathomable reason and there are plenty of instances of general unruliness around the country.

On the subject of land expropriation, I used to think that the government was being vindictive, pandering and greedy, but it is dawning on people now that the real aim is state ownership of the land. Land is given to coops, but the state keeps ownership. This is very much in line with the Marxist bent of the ANC and it's partners. Many people assumed that the gravy train had blunted the ideological fervour of the ANC, but I don't think so.

John D

Post by John D »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I'm wondering how aware the World is of the situation in South Africa right now. Our state power utility, Eskom is running a loadshedding schedule, a number of substations have gone pyrotechnic over a short period and they are supplementing with expensive (about R5/kWh as opposed to cents/kWh for coal) diesel turbines to keep the grid going. The Black Empowerment companies contracted to maintain the delivery system don't have the skills or equipment to maintain the oil coolant in the substation transformers so they go bang every now and then. Never mind, out of sight out of mind. Eskom has been having issues for 15 years with coal supplies, lack of power station maintenance and corruption yet the gov has still let it come to this, where they can't even supply demand in summer during an economic downturn. The basic cause is massive corruption, replacement of skilled engineers in the name of affirmative action and piss poor planning (related to the former causes). Given the poor condition of the infrastructure and the extra strain placed on the still functioning assets, the chances of another big capacity failure are high and that could bring the grid down. Nobody can say how long it would take to fire up the grid again. It could be days, weeks, months, or even longer. Chances are they'll blow up parts of the transmission grid if they jump the gun. We'd be back in the stone age without power. Taps would run dry, toilets would be unflushed, the banking system would die, communications would die, food delivery would be curtailed. Would there even be air travel out of the country after a few days? How would one get travel documents? Would the currency be worth anything? Whites and foreign store owners would be an endangered species. Before long there'd be mobs blockading the roads,looting houses and dragging the occupants out onto the streets. It is a very real possibility but people prefer to pretend it isn't because there isn't much they can do about it.

Never mind the state of the water supply, which is absolutely shocking, but people are becoming inured to this kind of thing. There is increasing unrest at the institutions which we still refer to as universities for some unfathomable reason and there are plenty of instances of general unruliness around the country.

On the subject of land expropriation, I used to think that the government was being vindictive, pandering and greedy, but it is dawning on people now that the real aim is state ownership of the land. Land is given to coops, but the state keeps ownership. This is very much in line with the Marxist bent of the ANC and it's partners. Many people assumed that the gravy train had blunted the ideological fervour of the ANC, but I don't think so.
Fucking hell. Horrible.... like a slow death from cancer.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Meanwhile....
Charges dropped against Empire actor Jussie Smollett

Lawyers for Empire actor Jussie Smollett, who was accused of lying to police about a racist and homophobic attack, say all the charges against him have been dropped.

The announcement comes following an "emergency" court appearance in Chicago.

Smollett, 36, who is black and openly gay, had been accused of hiring two men to help stage an attack in the early hours of 29 January.

More follows...
https://news.sky.com/story/charges-drop ... t-11675755

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Meanwhile....
Charges dropped against Empire actor Jussie Smollett

Lawyers for Empire actor Jussie Smollett, who was accused of lying to police about a racist and homophobic attack, say all the charges against him have been dropped.

The announcement comes following an "emergency" court appearance in Chicago.

Smollett, 36, who is black and openly gay, had been accused of hiring two men to help stage an attack in the early hours of 29 January.

More follows...
https://news.sky.com/story/charges-drop ... t-11675755
A less-dodgy link, with detailed coverage:

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/03/26 ... s-dropped/

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Just announced:

OJ is joining Jussie to search for the real culprits.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

ThreeFlanged Javis wrote:
The major nations of Europe,particularly, where the last thing the unskilled need is more competition driving down already meagre wages.
Yurp is a different country from Canada. A hard working kid that doesn't mind travelling a bit and gets into a trade can be pulling down more than 100k a year by the time they are in their mid 20s. Unskilled jobs don't pay that well but are readily available.
I posted this video on one of the other threads. It looks like the EU is at least trying to staunch the migrant flow.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Doctors, Engineers, Scientists. "Refugees Welcome"
The 27-year-old man, identified by Hungarian authorities as F. Hassan, is suspected of executing about 20 people in 2016, all family members of a person in Homs city who refused to join Islamic State, Hungarian prosecutors said….

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2019/03/hung ... amic-state

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Chicago city govt has some 'splainin to do.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Service Dog wrote: Chicago city govt has some 'splainin to do.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So it looks like the 'Captain Marvel' movie is doing fairly well at the box office.

https://variety.com/2019/film/box-offic ... 203170947/

as far as movies (and the related knock on cultural effects) go, expect more of the same...

ThreeFlangedJavis

The perceptions of ex-Soviet Bloc immigrants to Britain are quite informative. These 2 poles say that they immediately smelled something a bit off and familiar about the state of freedom in the UK.

John D

Post by John D »

Cook County drops all charges against Smollet and the Chicago cops and even Mayor Rahm Emanuel are PISSED!

John D

Post by John D »

The city didn't drop the charges. The State's attorney of Cook Country dropped the charges. She had previously said she would recuse herself because she is friends with the Smollett family... but.... she decided to dismiss the charges instead.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote: I am the Walrus.
Sam I Am, down with the program...

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

John D wrote:
The city didn't drop the charges. The State's attorney of Cook Country dropped the charges. She had previously said she would recuse herself because she is friends with the Smollett family... but.... she decided to dismiss the charges instead.
Yes, well, it's been established on another thread that lack of charges, even from somebody with a vested interest in the defendant, means they must be innocent. So...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BAM! EU passes Article 11 and Article 13 copyright directives!

CaptainFluffyBunny

In all seriousness, I understand that Foxx waited until all the police brass were at the CPD graduation ceremony to make the emergency announcement that charges were dropped. Not gonna go well when cops and prosecutors are at odds.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: BAM! EU passes Article 11 and Article 13 copyright directives!
For those not in the know - here's a link (which Google did not charge for):

https://www.itpro.co.uk/policy-legislat ... article-11

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: Cook County drops all charges against Smollet and the Chicago cops and even Mayor Rahm Emanuel are PISSED!
Wow! What a crazy press conference! I think the mayor & cops are full of shit-- as far as Smollett being under any obligation to defend himself in court, rather than seek a dismissal-- or a deal-- or any defense available, avoiding court. I think it's amazing that the mayor & cops continue to denounce Smollett-- after his 'cloak of innocence' has clearly been restored by the court. On a human level, I appreciate the cops & mayor's willingness to stand-up for what they believe/ rather than do their duty-- which is clearly to stop harassing Smollett. But the cops & mayor's reward for the brave stand they're taking-- should be to be punished for this massive abuse of power. Not for shitstain-smollet, but for all the other people at the mercy of the State. We can't let all the other little-guy individuals be bullied like this.

I guess the cops & mayor are playing chicken with Smollett-- blatantly defaming an officially-innocent man-- because they know he doesn't dare face them in civil court & demand they treat him with the respect our system deserves. Smollett would be putting himself on trial, if he pursued a civil case. But... the cops & mayor lost! They need to fuck off from bothering Smollett! If they have any remaining anger or complaint-- it ALL needs to be directed at the DA's & Judges & cronyism on their own side... including any leaks or wrongdoing from the cops/ which helped bungle a fair conviction.

The last couple days have been so crazy. Mueller, Smollett... and a big mess in my personal life, when my dog bit a stranger on the street, yesterday! I'm bouncing off the walls with nervous energy.

CaptainFluffyBunny

MarcusAu wrote:
For those not in the know - here's a link (which Google did not charge for):

https://www.itpro.co.uk/policy-legislat ... article-11
Sweet mother of Cthulu, I thought the US had problems with corporations controlling laws. That is some draconian shit.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Jeremy Corbyn held a vigil for the Muslims killed in Christchurch.

Contrast that with his description of the killing of Lee Rigby as , to quote his exact words - 'etcetera'.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: ... and a big mess in my personal life, when my dog bit a stranger on the street, yesterday!
Under no circumstances let Animal Control take your dog. Send him to a friend and tell Animal Control he ran off.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Service Dog wrote: ... and a big mess in my personal life, when my dog bit a stranger on the street, yesterday!
Under no circumstances let Animal Control take your dog. Send him to a friend and tell Animal Control he ran off.
The very same thing happened to a mate of mine about 15 years ago, the RSPCA escorted by the police came to his house to take the dog away while the courts decided whether to have the animal put down (they nearly always do) luckily he had some foresight and dropped the dog at his brothers house, when the police & RSPCA arrived he told them he'd shot it and buried it in the woods. When asked by the copper to show them where he said it's a big woods I can't remember. Amazingly they just walked away and never returned to check if he was lying. He reckoned they knew but couldn't be bothered to follow it up.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brittany Pettibone’s squeeze received a donation “back in the day” from the NZ voldermort.

Despite the NZers happily issuing Sauron multiple firearm licences (on the character reference of his message board mates) - this donation is triggering a huge crack down on Austrian ID group.

It would help their case if Martin’s group wasn’t almost obsessively pushing peaceful protest.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/aus ... 517va.html

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Lsuoma wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:57 pm
So, stay-at-home Brits: what does the latest move in Westminster portend? GE/second referendum/political assassination of TM? Either way, I'm sure the British public is going to have its arsehole seriously reamed.
Fuck knows what is happening. The opposition party are just as clueless as well.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

A "respected" NZ iman has some thought on who was (((actually))) behind the Christchurch shooter.

This will quietly be ignored.

Keating

Post by Keating »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: <snip>
I don't think I'd realised you were in South Africa. What ended up happening with Cape Town running out of fresh water?

Keating

Post by Keating »

Why does James Ashby still have a job? Everything he touches turns to shit.

Keating

Post by Keating »

https://boingboing.net/2019/03/26/jfc-fml-jfc.html

Apparently because the Swedes pushed the wrong button.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Yep. 100%

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Keating wrote:

Well, they certainly bork-bork-borked that one!

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
What Matt said. If they get ahold of him it's likely you'll never see him again.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

BoxNDox wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
What Matt said. If they get ahold of him it's likely you'll never see him again.
Please don't worry too much, for me & pooch, everybody.
1. I'm not the easiest person to track-down. Thanks to NYC's overly-stringent rules about obtaining a valid ID-- the city blew its chance to collect my address: When I was semi-homeless, the city insisted I use the gay-clinic where I got my teeth cleaned-- as my official mailing address. (This was a strange side-effect of Obamacare bureaucracy). Ok... have fun looking for my dog there.
2. NYC has a 2-bite rule... Dog isn't usually at risk of being destroyed until 2nd reported bite. I'm not trusting the govt blindly, but this is an added layer of protection.

I do expect to have to pay the bitee's medical bills & she'll probably demand-more thru a lawyer. Although-- she may ruin her own case. She said some weird shit about fearing rabies... ok, fine. But not for her own sake-- she said-- but because she has two children & wouldn't want to spread the rabies to them. Um. Plus she works at a school... so we could be talking a major lycanthropy outbreak. She'll either act sane enough to get a normal outcome... or overplay her hand & screw herself.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote:

Or...

Under attack
Why did it have to be me
The winner takes it all
The name of the game
Take a chance on me
Slipping through my fingers
I do I do I do I do I do

John D

Post by John D »

dog.... that is fucking funny. Good luck with your dogo.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I am kind of surprised that no one has brought this up before now. Is anyone aware that the SPLC recently had a spot of of bovver bother amongst themselves?

From The Washington Post The Southern Poverty Law Center is a ‘scam’
As it turns out, the SPLC is a cynical money-making scheme, according to a former staffer’s blistering tell-all, published this week in the New Yorker. The center’s chief goal is to bilk naive and wealthy donors who believe it's an earnest effort to combat bigotry.
(Link to the New Yorker bit is below)

From ZeroHedge SPLC Implodes: President And Legal Director Resign Amid Sexual Misconduct Scandal
A week after co-founder Morris Dees was ousted over sexual misconduct claims - with two dozen employees signing a letter of concern over "allegations of mistreatment, sexual harassment, gender discrimination, and racism," the head of the SPLC, Richard Cohen, as well as the organization's legal director, Rhonda Brownstein, resigned on Friday.
From the New Yorker. A former staffer writes: The Reckoning of Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center
We were working with a group of dedicated and talented people, fighting all kinds of good fights, making life miserable for the bad guys. And yet, all the time, dark shadows hung over everything: the racial and gender disparities, the whispers about sexual harassment, the abuses that stemmed from the top-down management, and the guilt you couldn’t help feeling about the legions of donors who believed that their money was being used, faithfully and well, to do the Lord’s work in the heart of Dixie. We were part of the con, and we knew it.

Outside of work, we spent a lot of time drinking and dishing in Montgomery bars and restaurants about the oppressive security regime, the hyperbolic fund-raising appeals, and the fact that, though the center claimed to be effective in fighting extremism, “hate” always continued to be on the rise, more dangerous than ever, with each year’s report on hate groups. “The S.P.L.C.—making hate pay,” we’d say.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

@ServiceDog

What were the circumstances that prompted your dog to bite the stranger?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

AndrewV69 wrote: What were the circumstances that prompted your dog to bite the stranger?
Dog dropped his ball... it rolled under a parked car. I tied dog to a knee-high iron fence, around a sidewalk tree. I took a curtain rod from a trash can & went out into the street, to reach under car to whack ball toward dog. Dog was anxious about me being on opposite side of car, out of his sight. When the ball popped out on dog's side, dog couldn't reach it. I walked back-around car, toward dog. He was facing me & the ball in the curb-gutter, eager for me to help him reach the ball.

Middle-aged lady walked-past, behind dog, on sidewalk, away from curbside. Dog saw or heard her--detected movement behind-him-- & mistook it as her sneaking-up behind him... probably to steal his precious ball. He whipped his head around toward her-- didn't even lift his butt off the ground (which he can only do with slow effort)-- and bit her above the knee-- all in one motion. If she was 2 inches further away/ or if I'd tied the leash 2-inches shorter/ he couldn't have reached her.

Some random old spanish guy on a bike, with a beer in his breast pocket... started mouthing off, telling the lady to 'call an ambulance', 'call the police', 'call 911'. So first I had to shorten the leash knot, so dog had no slack. Then try to reassure the woman, while also telling the guy his advice was not wanted or helpful or correct. Lady got on her phone & made some calls to-- ???--- & grew frustrated when they didn't pick-up. She rolled up her pantleg to show 1 tooth's puncture wound & a scrape where other teeth dragged on skin surface. She agreed to walk with me to Walk-in clinic, 2 blocks away... but we didn't immediately reach that destination. Drunk guy left us alone. I called girlfriend, she took dog home.

The Lady works at a public school... she had called the school & the School Nurse came-out to examine, there on the sidewalk. Plus some old teacher or administrator lady, who didn't stay long. Nurse was reasonable-- asked if the lady had a tetanus shot. Lady said, "one year ago". Nurse said "then you'll be fine". Lady said, "maybe it was 2 years". Nurse said... 'don't worry... the shot lasts 10 years'. Nurse said she could bandage wound-- but she was worried the puncture might be big-enough that it should be closed with a stitch. (Fair enough, but it wasn't gushing blood-- so if it were my leg-- I'd try direct pressure & a bandage & see if that stopped bleeding. Only go to clinic if bleeding didn't stop pretty-soon.) So we kept walking toward clinic. Lady wanted to go to her own doctor way-uptown, but they didn't answer phone.

I felt urge to just run-away... since dog was gone & they didn't have my contact info. Probably a terrible idea. Instead I gave the lady my business card with contact info. Went into the clinic with lady & nurse. Receptionist-young-black-dude immediately said the words 'rabies shot'. Fucking asshole-- I'm sure he doesn't have medical training. Rabies shot isn't automatically required, so shut up. Lady trembled in panic at mention of rabies. I told lady that no pet or farm animal or any domestic animal in the US-- has EVER bitten someone & given them rabies-- with no previous symptoms. There was no chance of rabies. But her english wasn't so good (Filipina, maybe?)-- or all she heard was her own shock & wild imagination.

I didn't see any advantage in me sticking around-- and things could turn-bad if the doctors started demanding info about me & dog, or someone called the cops. I was about to say-- one last time--, "You have my contact info, send me your medical bills" & then I'd leave... but my girlfriend showed-up. So getting gf to leave immediately would be awkward. I said firmly, "We Should Leave Right Now". She's-- pretty gangster-- in tough situations. Unfortunately, she doesn't realize I'm pretty gangster/lawyerly, too. So she interpreted me leaving-abruptly-- as something she should counter-act. She didn't follow me out the door. She stayed to be diplomatic and try to soothe the lady. She gave woman her name & phone #... which is exactly what I didn't want. But she soon left, too.

The woman called several times, afterward... always calling my girlfriend's number, not mine. Sometimes making more sense, sometimes less. Girlfriend tried to be nice, but eventually stopped replying-- because there was nothing left to say. Only then did the lady call me. I kept it short. Assumed I was being recorded. I repeated that she should send me the bills, and I agreed that I'd observe the dog for 10 days for rabies symptoms (which is standard procedure from doctors). That's when lady said the weird thing about spreading rabies to her kids. Apparently the walk-in clinic told her they couldn't perform rabies shots-- so if she insisted on shots/ she'd have to go to hospital ER. I don't know if she did-so. I suspect she went to her own doctor, who advised it wasn't necessary. But I don't know. This will probably cost me thousands of dollars.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Service Dog wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:24 pm
AndrewV69 wrote: What were the circumstances that prompted your dog to bite the stranger?
Dog dropped his ball... it rolled under a parked car. I tied dog to a knee-high iron fence, around a sidewalk tree. I took a curtain rod from a trash can & went out into the street, to reach under car to whack ball toward dog. Dog was anxious about me being on opposite side of car, out of his sight. When the ball popped out on dog's side, dog couldn't reach it. I walked back-around car, toward dog. He was facing me & the ball in the curb-gutter, eager for me to help him reach the ball.

Middle-aged lady walked-past, behind dog, on sidewalk, away from curbside. Dog saw or heard her--detected movement behind-him-- & mistook it as her sneaking-up behind him... probably to steal his precious ball. He whipped his head around toward her-- didn't even lift his butt off the ground (which he can only do with slow effort)-- and bit her above the knee-- all in one motion. If she was 2 inches further away/ or if I'd tied the leash 2-inches shorter/ he couldn't have reached her.

Some random old spanish guy on a bike, with a beer in his breast pocket... started mouthing off, telling the lady to 'call an ambulance', 'call the police', 'call 911'. So first I had to shorten the leash knot, so dog had no slack. Then try to reassure the woman, while also telling the guy his advice was not wanted or helpful or correct. Lady got on her phone & made some calls to-- ???--- & grew frustrated when they didn't pick-up. She rolled up her pantleg to show 1 tooth's puncture wound & a scrape where other teeth dragged on skin surface. She agreed to walk with me to Walk-in clinic, 2 blocks away... but we didn't immediately reach that destination. Drunk guy left us alone. I called girlfriend, she took dog home.

The Lady works at a public school... she had called the school & the School Nurse came-out to examine, there on the sidewalk. Plus some old teacher or administrator lady, who didn't stay long. Nurse was reasonable-- asked if the lady had a tetanus shot. Lady said, "one year ago". Nurse said "then you'll be fine". Lady said, "maybe it was 2 years". Nurse said... 'don't worry... the shot lasts 10 years'. Nurse said she could bandage wound-- but she was worried the puncture might be big-enough that it should be closed with a stitch. (Fair enough, but it wasn't gushing blood-- so if it were my leg-- I'd try direct pressure & a bandage & see if that stopped bleeding. Only go to clinic if bleeding didn't stop pretty-soon.) So we kept walking toward clinic. Lady wanted to go to her own doctor way-uptown, but they didn't answer phone.

I felt urge to just run-away... since dog was gone & they didn't have my contact info. Probably a terrible idea. Instead I gave the lady my business card with contact info. Went into the clinic with lady & nurse. Receptionist-young-black-dude immediately said the words 'rabies shot'. Fucking asshole-- I'm sure he doesn't have medical training. Rabies shot isn't automatically required, so shut up. Lady trembled in panic at mention of rabies. I told lady that no pet or farm animal or any domestic animal in the US-- has EVER bitten someone & given them rabies-- with no previous symptoms. There was no chance of rabies. But her english wasn't so good (Filipina, maybe?)-- or all she heard was her own shock & wild imagination.

I didn't see any advantage in me sticking around-- and things could turn-bad if the doctors started demanding info about me & dog, or someone called the cops. I was about to say-- one last time--, "You have my contact info, send me your medical bills" & then I'd leave... but my girlfriend showed-up. So getting gf to leave immediately would be awkward. I said firmly, "We Should Leave Right Now". She's-- pretty gangster-- in tough situations. Unfortunately, she doesn't realize I'm pretty gangster/lawyerly, too. So she interpreted me leaving-abruptly-- as something she should counter-act. She didn't follow me out the door. She stayed to be diplomatic and try to soothe the lady. She gave woman her name & phone #... which is exactly what I didn't want. But she soon left, too.

The woman called several times, afterward... always calling my girlfriend's number, not mine. Sometimes making more sense, sometimes less. Girlfriend tried to be nice, but eventually stopped replying-- because there was nothing left to say. Only then did the lady call me. I kept it short. Assumed I was being recorded. I repeated that she should send me the bills, and I agreed that I'd observe the dog for 10 days for rabies symptoms (which is standard procedure from doctors). That's when lady said the weird thing about spreading rabies to her kids. Apparently the walk-in clinic told her they couldn't perform rabies shots-- so if she insisted on shots/ she'd have to go to hospital ER. I don't know if she did-so. I suspect she went to her own doctor, who advised it wasn't necessary. But I don't know. This will probably cost me thousands of dollars.
Ouch. That is no good at all.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

This is the result of a complaint made by Harry the Owl after an LGBTQIIAATXSPZWWQA liason officer police constable rang him up to discuss a non-crime hate incident (he tweeted a limerick which included the lines: You're a man. Your breasts are made of silicone, Your vagina goes nowhere
)

Here's the transcript of the phone call from Inspector Plod to discuss Harry querying why they would be bothered with a non-crime:

Me: Did I commit a crime?
Him: No. But you have upset a lot of people in the trans community.
Me: I do not believe Trans women are women. How do I state that without it causing upset?
Him: Why would you tweet that? Why do you feel the need?
Me: Because I am taking part in a national conversation.
Him: But why do you feel the need to do that?
Me: Because I am a citizen and believe political engagement is necessary. Why are you asking me this?
Him: Because I don’t see why you feel the need to say this.
Me: I can’t believe you, a police inspector, are questioning my involvement in politics. What right have you to do that?
Him: You do have the right. I’m just asking why you feel the need to engage in hate.
Me: Hate? Where’s the fucking hate?
Him: Maybe it’s the wrong wording.
Me: you are a fucking Inspector. You do not get to tell me that expressing a legally held view is hate. And you don’t get to pressure me to stop debating politically.
Him: If you swear, I will end this conversation.
Me. Ok. But I’m angry that you are ringing me and asking me why I’d want to be involved in politics.
Him: You have every right to be involved in politics. But why would you tweet your views when it upsets the trans community?
Me: let me get this straight. I said I do not believe trans women are women, and you ask me why I feel the need to tweet that. Right?
Him: Right. Exactly.
Me: I am ending this conversation now.
*Hangs up*

They really haven't thought this Orwellian intersectional thing through have they?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

AndrewV69 wrote: I am kind of surprised that no one has brought this up before now. Is anyone aware that the SPLC recently had a spot of of bovver bother amongst themselves?

I posted a link to the New Yorker article way back. Keep up.
:nin:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Keating wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:01 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: <snip>
I don't think I'd realised you were in South Africa. What ended up happening with Cape Town running out of fresh water?
Don't know TBH. Probably a political mess. The Western Cape is a bit of an enclave not yet controlled by the ANC so the govt does what it can to stir shit there.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Australian Bureau of Statistics data showed the Greater Sydney area added 93,411 residents through 2017-18, taking the city's total population to a record 5.2 million. It was the smallest increase in the population since 2014-15.

It was driven by net overseas migration which added 71,000 residents to the city over the year, offsetting a 27,300 loss from existing Sydneysiders who moved to another part of the country. The rest of the increase was made up by natural increases.

That’s a healthy dynamic. :bjarte:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

More on the post Christchurch crack down on the right. In Austria.

Having listened to Martin and Brittany, I can honestly say the below is concocted fake news of the worst sort.

If this is how MSM wants to play, they will be responsible for alienation and a dangerous breakdown of trust. It’s almost as if they don’t care.

Peak fascist alt-liberalism.
A shadowy far-right group in Europe has been linked to Brenton Tarrant as its leader’s home was raided by intelligence agents who found a large donation from a supporter with the same surname as the accused Christchurch terrorist.
Electronic devices were seized from the home of Martin Sellner, head of the Identitarian Movement of Austria (IBO), as the country’s authorities promised to “ruthlessly investigate” any connection, adding: “There needs to be total clarity about all extremist activities.”

The IBO opposes Islam and multiculturalism, advocating Neo-Fascist ideas about having separate territories for different races. Its extreme nationalism also ties into the concept of “white genocide” espoused by the shooter — a neo-Nazi conspiracy theory that contends immigration, racial integration and low birth rates are being promoted in predominantly white countries to eliminate white people.

The group’s stark, black and yellow logo represents the Battle of Thermopylae in 480BC in which Greek soldiers fought off a much larger Persian army. Its supporters have been accused of violence and hate speech as they try to spread their beliefs throughout Austria, waving signs with slogans including “Close the Borders Now!” and “My Home is Not an Immigrant Country”.
https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/in ... 786d603046

John D

Post by John D »

This is MAGA country!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Has he had some plastic surgery done?

John D

Post by John D »

What happens when Muslims get elected in Michigan. Drunk driving at 0.05 blood alcohol levels.
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 249643002/

John D

Post by John D »

This will continue to be entertaining.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

HunnyBunny wrote:

This is the result of a complaint made by Harry the Owl after an LGBTQIIAATXSPZWWQA liason officer police constable rang him up to discuss a non-crime hate incident (he tweeted a limerick which included the lines: You're a man. Your breasts are made of silicone, Your vagina goes nowhere
)

Here's the transcript of the phone call from Inspector Plod to discuss Harry querying why they would be bothered with a non-crime:

Me: Did I commit a crime?
Him: No. But you have upset a lot of people in the trans community.
Me: I do not believe Trans women are women. How do I state that without it causing upset?
Him: Why would you tweet that? Why do you feel the need?
Me: Because I am taking part in a national conversation.
Him: But why do you feel the need to do that?
Me: Because I am a citizen and believe political engagement is necessary. Why are you asking me this?
Him: Because I don’t see why you feel the need to say this.
Me: I can’t believe you, a police inspector, are questioning my involvement in politics. What right have you to do that?
Him: You do have the right. I’m just asking why you feel the need to engage in hate.
Me: Hate? Where’s the fucking hate?
Him: Maybe it’s the wrong wording.
Me: you are a fucking Inspector. You do not get to tell me that expressing a legally held view is hate. And you don’t get to pressure me to stop debating politically.
Him: If you swear, I will end this conversation.
Me. Ok. But I’m angry that you are ringing me and asking me why I’d want to be involved in politics.
Him: You have every right to be involved in politics. But why would you tweet your views when it upsets the trans community?
Me: let me get this straight. I said I do not believe trans women are women, and you ask me why I feel the need to tweet that. Right?
Him: Right. Exactly.
Me: I am ending this conversation now.
*Hangs up*

They really haven't thought this Orwellian intersectional thing through have they?
Sounds like the conversation was ova before it even begun.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Andres Breivik and the Christchurch killer turned to terrorism because they wanted their manifestos to be circulated.

While governments continue to suppress far right web sites , these attacks will continue.

Instead of allowing these sites to exist, the government are doubling down on censoring them.

Islamic terrorists, such as Bataclan and Charlie Hebdo, turned to terrorism because they wanted to kill infidels and blasphemers.

While Western countries continue to have a non-Muslim majority, these attacks will continue.

But people are doubling down on not converting to Islam.