Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

CaptainFluffyBunny

Re: The Trump Dump!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brive retweeted:
A 30 year old bartender who’s lived in big cities her entire life is the only one who knows how to run your farm, you stupid Republican hicks
A 73 year old real estate salesman/ reality TV host/grifter with the emotional IQ of a spoiled 4 year old whose entire experience with the forest is occasionally driving stray golfballs off of the fairway wants to tell forest management professionals that are probably democrats they need to rake the forest floors to stop wildfires.
I guess you could cry whataboutism here except this is the Trump thread. :lol:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Republicans and conservatives worldwide are obsessed with AOC. Despite her being an outlier, and her New Green Deal falling flat, they're using her as cover for their own shady characters, most of whom are rank-and-file. The use of whataboutism is all they have left to offer. We're watching the unraveling of the GOP from a party of real, if sometimes misguided values, into a reactionary money-grab.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Keating wrote: Do you seriously believe the Mueller would let Barr cover up the real story?
I don't seriously think that, and I believe that if there were enough evidence to criminally indict Trump for a conspiracy with the Russian government, that someone else in his orbit would have also been indicted for that. So I don't believe that there is enough evidence to charge anyone criminally for colluding with the Russians.

On the other side of that, the republican narrative since Barr released his summary of the report seems to be "Trump dindu nuffin! Witch Hunt! Complete Exoneration!". I do think Barr wants to give that impression without technically lying. But putting a political spin on a summary probably doesn't rise to the level of a "cover up". I think the Mueller report will show evidence of collusion and obstruction that fall short of the standard needed for criminal charges, but may still warrant action by congress (I don't think they will impeach at this point, but they may want to follow up in their own related investigations). I think this because the report doesn't debunk the notion that Trump was pursuing a tower in Moscow covertly during the campaign, nor the fact that his kid took a meeting with Russians to talk about sanctions relief - these are already publicly understood facts. Mueller isn't a particulary partisan person by most accounts and I don't think he is concerned with Barr's summary. Congress will most likely get his report and draw their own conclusions independant of Barr, and Mueller has been on record offering to testify if they want to hear his actual opinions and intentions for his report, without speculating or reading tea leaves.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Old_ones wrote:
Keating wrote: Do you seriously believe the Mueller would let Barr cover up the real story?
I don't seriously think that, and I believe that if there were enough evidence to criminally indict Trump for a conspiracy with the Russian government, that someone else in his orbit would have also been indicted for that. So I don't believe that there is enough evidence to charge anyone criminally for colluding with the Russians.

On the other side of that, the republican narrative since Barr released his summary of the report seems to be "Trump dindu nuffin! Witch Hunt! Complete Exoneration!". I do think Barr wants to give that impression without technically lying. But putting a political spin on a summary probably doesn't rise to the level of a "cover up". I think the Mueller report will show evidence of collusion and obstruction that fall short of the standard needed for criminal charges, but may still warrant action by congress (I don't think they will impeach at this point, but they may want to follow up in their own related investigations). I think this because the report doesn't debunk the notion that Trump was pursuing a tower in Moscow covertly during the campaign, nor the fact that his kid took a meeting with Russians to talk about sanctions relief - these are already publicly understood facts. Mueller isn't a particulary partisan person by most accounts and I don't think he is concerned with Barr's summary. Congress will most likely get his report and draw their own conclusions independant of Barr, and Mueller has been on record offering to testify if they want to hear his actual opinions and intentions for his report, without speculating or reading tea leaves.
Pretty much this.

Also, legally speaking, there's no such thing as a crime called collusion, it's conspiracy or aiding and abetting, and they both require evidence of providing support and/or encouragement of a criminal act.

It's perfectly possible that Mueller foynd no suficient evidence that people in the Trump campaign took part in or encouraged a crime. It's perfectly possible that the Trump Tower attempted deal, or the meetings, weren't by themselves criminal acts.

This doesn't mean that it should be politically and fine for presidential candidates to set up informal diplomatic channels with associates of a foreign power, or to pursue business plans that might depend on the approval of a foreign leader.

The US have a clear problem with foreign influences on its politics which might go against the interests of the American public.

Trump wouldn't be the first one to do shady deals with foreign powers, but evrn if he committed no crime, his case might be so politicaly egregious as to warrant scrutiny.

At least in a country that cares about transparency. As Trump himself said, people want to drain the swamp.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Oh, dear. It doesn't quite work like that.

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Republicans and conservatives worldwide are obsessed with AOC. Despite her being an outlier, and her New Green Deal falling flat, they're using her as cover for their own shady characters, most of whom are rank-and-file. The use of whataboutism is all they have left to offer. We're watching the unraveling of the GOP from a party of real, if sometimes misguided values, into a reactionary money-grab.
And yet you brought her up again up-thread. Don’t skip your Razadyne.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive retweeted:
A 30 year old bartender who’s lived in big cities her entire life is the only one who knows how to run your farm, you stupid Republican hicks
A 73 year old real estate salesman/ reality TV host/grifter with the emotional IQ of a spoiled 4 year old whose entire experience with the forest is occasionally driving stray golfballs off of the fairway wants to tell forest management professionals that are probably democrats they need to rake the forest floors to stop wildfires.
What about reparations?

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote:
What about reparations?
You don't get reparations for being an Australian?
No wonder you are so bitter.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
What about reparations?
You don't get reparations for being an Australian?
No wonder you are so bitter.
Hi Canuck. Not all are so damaged. Did you see Toronto’s latest virtual-Christchurch?

CaptainFluffyBunny

How you do anything is how you do everything.

CaptainFluffyBunny

:?:

This is the outlet that Trump gets his information for just about everything from.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

I do enjoy how the same people were tittering at Biden were the one spilling so much salt about Kavanaugh. The best way to tell a real conservative from a Trump supporter is the the Trumpie will reek of hypocrisy.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

It's like he doesn't really care about reality, and only wants to exploit the feelings of his base. Who would have thought that?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Trump has turned any discussion over border enforcement into a farce, along with all the various grifters and ideologues ready to exploit trends, rather than offer solutions.

And people wonder why the topic is to toxic now.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Kirbmarc wrote:
It's like he doesn't really care about reality, and only wants to exploit the feelings of his base. Who would have thought that?
If the AOC lawsuit succeeds, about a third of Trump's base is gonna wake up without health insurance some morning soon. The idea that Trump is going to force Republicans to replace it with something, let alone something better, is so ludicrous as to be a religious belief.

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
Hi Canuck. Not all are so damaged. Did you see Toronto’s latest virtual-Christchurch?
Hey you are running out of time. Heed the siren's call and go shoot up a mosque before it is too late. And subscribe to PewDiePie.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Some Presidents are "cozier" with Saudi Arabia than others.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Kirbmarc wrote: Trump has turned any discussion over border enforcement into a farce, along with all the various grifters and ideologues ready to exploit trends, rather than offer solutions.

And people wonder why the topic is to toxic now.
Real solutions would cost real Republicans money. They had two years to deal with the border and immigration, and they didn't touch it. They waited until Dems had the house to have an excuse to fail. Behind every Republican pandering to the base, there's an illegal immigrant in the kitchen, doing laundry, yard work, working in their farms and meatpacking plants. They just make a lot of noise because they're amoral hypocrites.

CaptainFluffyBunny

free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive wrote:
Hey you are running out of time. Heed the siren's call and go shoot up a mosque before it is too late. And subscribe to PewDiePie.
I don't think he can get a gun. I was looking into a hunting trip to Australia, mostly for water buffalo and bogans, maybe some bunyips and it's very restrictive. Even bringing in my bolt action or single-shot is very difficult, lots of paperwork, etc. I might still go if I get those lovely YangBux.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Coulter isn't taking it well. Maybe somebody can convince her she's got TDS instead...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

[
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

Some Presidents are "cozier" with Saudi Arabia than others.
I think this kind of attitude to governing also explains Russiagate. It's not that the Trump administration is made up of "puppets" or "plants" or super-under cover super-spies. They're simply so corrupt that they're overly cozy to any power with money to spend on them.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Surprising exactly no one.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Real conservatives are somewhat alarmed at the Trump budget. The Trump legacy will be that he dragged the GOP into madness, and perpetrated the greatest con in modern times. The writing is already on the wall, just not the wall Trumpkins wanted.

free thoughtpolice

I don't think he can get a gun. I was looking into a hunting trip to Australia, mostly for water buffalo and bogans, maybe some bunyips and it's very restrictive. Even bringing in my bolt action or single-shot is very difficult, lots of paperwork, etc. I might still go if I get those lovely YangBux.
Read their hunting regs carefully. If you want to shoot any bogans make sure they are feral. It's pretty much legal to shoot anything that is feral in Aus, even sweet little pussycats.

Brigitte Bardot hates Aussies. :lol:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Anything with a bolt action is fine.

I understand shooting hibernating cubs with pistols has been done. But surely blasting a joey out of its pouch is still something? Live the dream.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

There is no way this dude is going to be promoted to Captain SJW.

CaptainFluffyBunny

The degradation begins. It's all fun and games until both sides devolve.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Why just tax returns?

I won’t feel safe until I can inspect browser history back to 1995.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Who would win a round of golf between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-Il (if he were still alive, that is)?

CaptainFluffyBunny

KiwiInOz wrote:

Who would win a round of golf between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-Il (if he were still alive, that is)?
The funny thing is, he's supposed to be fairly talented at golf. But he can't seem to stop from cheating. You'd think this would be a clear warning sign to Trump supporters, but that would assume it hasn't become a cult.

CaptainFluffyBunny

The breathtaking hypocrisy of religious institutions never fails to amuse.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

https://thehill.com/policy/national-sec ... ssion=true

A quite serious matter with far-reaching consequences.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Where does it rate on the double scoop scale of impending apocalypse?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: snip

The funny thing is, he's supposed to be fairly talented at golf. But he can't seem to stop from cheating. You'd think this would be a clear warning sign to Trump supporters, but that would assume it hasn't become a cult.
They see it as a feature, not a bug. The Man is beating the Man.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The Democrat strategy of rolling investigations probably whiteboarded better before Mueller made them look like hysterical Henny Pennies.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny

Because of course it exonerated him...

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Anybody still supporting Trump as a good POTUS after seeing what he's done and said to date is a cultist. Change my mind.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

An interesting video from a professional attorney about some parts of the Barr letter that don't seem to make much sense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3qjH7pFq_0

CaptainFluffyBunny

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ort-226343

Savvy tactics for beginning to remove the infection. Judging by their frantic efforts to conceal the Mueller Report, the Republicans know it makes their Chief Cheeto look very bad indeed. Especially note how Trump cultists are fervently chanting "no collusion, report is a dud," as though by sheer wishful thinking they can make it so. Some are already doing damage control, buffonishly as usual.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Kirbmarc wrote: An interesting video from a professional attorney about some parts of the Barr letter that don't seem to make much sense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3qjH7pFq_0
Interesting summary. I'm sure we'll see as much smoke and mirrors as Tump can manage before anybody gets to see any bit of the report to answer those questions.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Reality check. McConnell and co knew that would really sink them in 2020. I almost wish Trump had bullied them into trying it.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Trump ain't right.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny