You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Driftless

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Driftless »

Lsuoma wrote: Also, a dead rapper named after a ringpiece?
I thought he was named after this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nipsey_Russell
Julius "Nipsey" Russell (September 15, 1918 – October 2, 2005) was an American comedian, poet, and dancer best known for his appearances as a panelist on game shows from the 1960s through the 1990s, including Match Game, Password, Hollywood Squares, To Tell the Truth, and Pyramid.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

A video of mostly Alex Jones Faith Goldy has on her channel. Starting at 5:15 Jones goes on an antivax rant, and that the vaccines wouldn't be necessary if migrants didn't bring diseases with them. I assume that because goldy has posted this without any disagreement she agrees with these views?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

It's arseholes all the way down.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: It's arseholes all the way down.
What till you get to the bottom.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Driftless wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Also, a dead rapper named after a ringpiece?
I thought he was named after this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nipsey_Russell
Julius "Nipsey" Russell (September 15, 1918 – October 2, 2005) was an American comedian, poet, and dancer best known for his appearances as a panelist on game shows from the 1960s through the 1990s, including Match Game, Password, Hollywood Squares, To Tell the Truth, and Pyramid.
Yeah - I thought so too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJx2fvdPzo4

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:33 am
A video of mostly Alex Jones Faith Goldy has on her channel. Starting at 5:15 Jones goes on an antivax rant, and that the vaccines wouldn't be necessary if migrants didn't bring diseases with them. I assume that because goldy has posted this without any disagreement she agrees with these views?
Why would you assume that when she starts off with issuing caveats against any idea she is antivax, states her father is an MD and steers the conversation to the source of recent outbreaks which is apparently illegal and non vetted migrants?

Clearly Goldy is collaborating with Jones to offset his deplatforming. A gutsy move given what she stands to lose. As an added benefit she can extend her on-point messaging to those who watch Jones for entertainment value.

It’s possibly a shit strategy, but Goldy has always identified points of common agreement to provide an “in” for her own narrative. I guess when you are scrabbling for free speech oxygen you take whatever pragmatic means present themselves.

Your analysis is skin deep.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

MarcusAu wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: It's arseholes all the way down.
What till you get to the bottom.
Marcus, you're cracking me up.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

When an active shooter opened fire in YouTube's offices last April, for example, the company sent real-time security updates to full-time employees only, leaving contract workers "defenseless in the line of fire..."

Google Gets a Wake-Up Call From Contractors. Is Your Company Next?
https://www.inc.com/guadalupe-gonzalez/ ... ichai.html
Today I received an email from one of the production companies which hires me to work the odd gigs I sometimes mention here.

The email contained a contract-like document, they want me to sign. It's some form of contract, I suppose. But it's almost the opposite of an 'employment contract'. They want me to sign that I'm Not an employee. Not entitled to any benefits or worker's comp or unemployment insurance. Not covered by any insurance or liability. I'm responsible for all permits necessary to do my job... city parking permits? building permits? But it also has a non-compete clause-- saying I'm not allowed to work for other companies in the same industry. Funny that I allegedly don't work for them/ but they want to prevent me from working from someone-else? It says I'm responsible to pay for all supplies to do my job. Rolls of gaffer tape? I also can't hire any people or vendors I work-with at their company-- to work anywhere else. My work schedule is highly dependent on people I meet on the job referring me to other producers & vice-versa. Among many-other screwy & vague conditions.

I haven't worked before-- with the specific person who sent the email. I can't tell if 1. she just doesn't know how her company usually conducts business/ or if 2. this is a new companywide standard. So my plan is to take a pass on the two days of work she offered... and see-if a different contact at the same company-- demands the same contract, for the one-day I'm booked, the following week.

I think this anti-contract may be a reaction to the 'Freelancing Isn't Free Act", which became law in NY in 2017. The law seeks to reform employment practices for people who are designated as contractors rather than employees... by increasing government regulation of those business deals. I think this law will work as-well or as-poorly as govt regulation always-does: it creates bureaucracies & taxpayer costs & loopholes & ways to game the system & unintended consequences. It might help some people... but the cost-benefit ratio will be ignored/ only the fuzzy-feelgood effect of the law will be used to measure effectiveness.

If I refuse to sign the anti-contract-- I risk losing the employer who provides the biggest slice of my annual income. If I sign the anti-contract-- I'm explicitly signing-away a lot of protections & rights, which implicitly existed under no-written-contract. Even if the anti-contract is unenforceable-- I might have to lawyer-up & fight to regain my rights. The Freelancer Isn't Free law was designed to protect me... but so-far/ it only forces a conflict between me & my existing employer.

This company owes me $1400 in expenses, from a project I worked 4 months ago. One trump card I hold-- when these employers don't pay my invoices within 30 days-- is that it's in their interest to pay-up & avoid me using the standard govt procedures to force payment. If I complain about the unpaid $ to the state-- the state's Eye Of Sauron will gaze upon how they conduct business. The IRS or NYC or NY State... is likely to tell them I'm not an independent contractor at-all... and they need to pay back-taxes & social security withholdings & unemployment withholdings... for me & everyone-else with my job title. Maybe-even pay triple, as punishment. By forcing a confrontation-- the Freelancing Isn't Free law 'shoots the hostage'/ so I can't threaten the employer with whistleblowing, when they don't pay me.

Ultimately, I wonder if today's contract email is the beginning-of-the-end... of the way I've earned money, the last few years. Three years ago, I was employed by a company which the govt had already busted--before I ever worked there-- so that company had to treat me as an actual employee. That company stopped hiring me-- due to their mishandling of federal citizenship/legal-to-work paperwork (They tried to demand I-- a citizen-- follow the rules for employing foreign non-citizens with work permits. That's against federal law.) I could have blown the whistle on them... but that would have made me radioactive to all the other employers in the same industry. So I didn't snitch & just toughed-it-out. I collected Unemployment. The Unemployment office demanded I apply for jobs & accept job offers. I did so. But those most of those 'job' offers were from places which avoided acknowledging that I was an employee. They treated me as an independent contractor. Again-- my choice was whether to go-along with that absurdity... and earn money. Or take a stand & be righteously unemployed. So taxes were not withheld & I passively 'became' a business-entrepreneur... one who doesn't pay his taxes.

My predicament is so-widespread... I always wonder whether the govt turns a blind eye to the thousands & million of us stuck in a grey-area. Or whether the IRS will eventually come-calling, triggering an investigation of all my past employers. I could pre-emptively snitch on all those employers... the safest way to clear my own name with the govt. But that would be a scorched-earth policy for me every working in this industry.

I suspect the do-gooder, progressive new legislation-- will accelerate the upsetting of the applecart, statewide or nationwide. Which could fuck-up the whole American economy.

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
Why would you assume that when she starts off with issuing caveats against any idea she is antivax, states her father is an MD and steers the conversation to the source of recent outbreaks which is apparently illegal and non vetted migrants?
You have a time signature for that? I didn't see that.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

I never expected to enjoy the politically incorrect "I'm Sorry, I'll Read That Again" but found a playlist of 103 episodes. A sign of how the times have changed, this sketch features the BBC Instructional Record, "Teach Yourself Sambo":

Don't tell YT they harbour such hate.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The only current Democrat prez contender I can respect is Tulsi Gabbard.

I know nothing about Mayor Pete Buttigieg, I admit.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Service Dog wrote: The only current Democrat prez contender I can respect is Tulsi Gabbard.

I know nothing about Mayor Pete Buttigieg, I admit.
He's going to get called Buttplug isn't he? :D

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

From the Guardian
Does anyone else spot the contraction in that headline? :think:
MWSnap010 2019-04-03, 00_25_08.jpg
(37.18 KiB) Downloaded 448 times
This style of parenting is a strong counter to the cultural pressure of toxic masculinity – suppressing emotion and eschewing anything considered feminine – and therefore weak and inferior, said Melsky.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... g-for-boys

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

shoutinghorse wrote: He's going to get called Buttplug isn't he? :D
:nin: by the real world.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The real reason they've banned the Christcrotch manifesto: it's grammatically correct!

So creepy & Orwellian-- for the faceless voice of the State to be a cretin.

Idiocracy.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

All I can say is, the man's got some balls:
Two additional women came forward Tuesday to say former Vice President Joe Biden touched them in ways that made them uncomfortable.

Caruso, 22, told the Times that Biden rested his hand on her thigh even as she attempted to show her discomfort by squirming in her seat during an event on sexual assault at the University of Nevada at Las Vegas
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... e-touching

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote: I never expected to enjoy the politically incorrect "I'm Sorry, I'll Read That Again" but found a playlist of 103 episodes. A sign of how the times have changed, this sketch features the BBC Instructional Record, "Teach Yourself Sambo":

Don't tell YT they harbour such hate.
Strange - I thought Bill Oddie was born with a beard.

I've seen more of the sequel series - 'I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue'. Still miss Willie Rushton (though always confuse him with Willy Russell) - respects always paid to his blue plaque at (where else) Mornington Crescent.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: All I can say is, the man's got some balls:
Two additional women came forward Tuesday to say former Vice President Joe Biden touched them in ways that made them uncomfortable.

Caruso, 22, told the Times that Biden rested his hand on her thigh even as she attempted to show her discomfort by squirming in her seat during an event on sexual assault at the University of Nevada at Las Vegas
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... e-touching
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3NMphaWkAA-5Gv.png

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Service Dog wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:02 pm
The real reason they've banned the Christcrotch manifesto: it's grammatically correct!

Idiocracy.
I once applied for a temporary Civil Service job writing letters relating to poll tax queries. The Sir Humphrey who interviewed me couldn't get past the fact that I had not written my O-levels or A-levels. My BSc degree didn't cut any ice with him. I don't think it helped that there was a drive on to get in more POCs at the time. Who would bet against critics of the grammar of the Pettibone letter being labeled racist?

No wonder the natives are revolting. It must surely not be beyond the government to realise how frustrated Britons must be at having their expressions of concern silenced to pander to the sensitivities of representatives of the very ideology they are concerned about. The UK has denied assylum to an Iranian Christian convert from Islam on the grounds that Xtianity contains violent scriptures. That really has to chap some hides. You'd think they were conducting an experiment to determine the population's breaking point.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:02 pm

Idiocracy.
"Which is viewed in the UK as a right wing organisation." Well then, case closed.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

:lol:

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Brunei has introduced stoning for gays.

Because the population is 2/3 Muslim it counts as an Islamic country and can dictate the Islamic laws that one third of the population have to live by.

I guess the lesson is make sure that Muslims remain in a minority.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Remember , there is a rape crisis on American campuses.

Even British universities now have to have consent lessons so that white men can keep their hands to themselves.

But if you dare to suggest that there are also rapes in Africa, you are a racist , encouraging stereotypes, and it is an insult to Africans.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ican-women

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

SM1957 wrote: Remember , there is a rape crisis on American campuses.

Even British universities now have to have consent lessons so that white men can keep their hands to themselves.

But if you dare to suggest that there are also rapes in Africa, you are a racist , encouraging stereotypes, and it is an insult to Africans.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ican-women
In one case control study of 544 adolescent girls it noted that ‘when asked about the consequences of refusing sex, 77.9% of the study cases and 72.1% of the controls said they feared being beaten if they refused to have sex.’
How dare she cite statistics that reinforce stereotypes!

ThreeFlangedJavis

SM1957 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:53 am

Because the population is 2/3 Muslim it counts as an Islamic country and can dictate the Islamic laws that one third of the population have to live by.

And how do you do that? Murder every second child? Outpopulating the locals is a method of Jihad and any significant muslim population is eventually going to end up in the majority.. I think the lesson is to be very selective about letting them into your country and allowing open discussion of Islam. If muslims actually became conversant with all of the texts and with the history of Islam they might be more inclined to drop the religion. Maajid Nawaz, well-meaning though he is, is a hindrance to the cause of resistance to Islamification. He encourages the fantasy of a reformed Islam. There are many shades of muslim but only one Islam, and that Islam follows the example of Mo and the instructions of the Quran and hadiths.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
SM1957 wrote:

And how do you do that? Murder every second child? Outpopulating the locals is a method of Jihad and any significant muslim population is eventually going to end up in the majority.. I think the lesson is to be very selective about letting them into your country and allowing open discussion of Islam. If muslims actually became conversant with all of the texts and with the history of Islam they might be more inclined to drop the religion. Maajid Nawaz, well-meaning though he is, is a hindrance to the cause of resistance to Islamification. He encourages the fantasy of a reformed Islam. There are many shades of muslim but only one Islam, and that Islam follows the example of Mo and the instructions of the Quran and hadiths.
There is no debate about Islam in the UK, it's verboten, anyone who broaches the subject is immediately tagged an Islamaphobe/Racist/Bigot etc, etc. Tommy Robinson is the great boogeyman who must be silenced, Anne Marie Waters is a dangerous far right Nazi who must be de-platformed, Gerard Batten has got into bed with far-right Islamophobic white nationalists.
Politicians in the UK are shit scared of Islam and won't touch the subject with a ten foot pole.

Just watch Farage here come out with the usual sound bites and platitudes and then walk away when the question gets too difficult.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
SM1957 wrote:

Part of it depends on whether you encourage integration into a secular society or not. In the US, as long as the population is small and spread out the children go to school with the increasingly secular majority. It is hard to maintain a non-enlightenment lifestyle when living in a modern secular society because of this. On the other hand if you concentrate the population and let them form their own schools and not integrate, then you end up with what is happening in the UK and Europe. There is probably a critical mass of people required in order to have schools and other infrastructure. In the US I don't think there are many (if any) places with that critical mass yet. It is also the case that as people get wealthier they tend to have fewer children. Growing up among the general public and striving for the "American Dream" (however silly that is) tends to move people towards smaller families.

The US is isolated by ocean from Muslim majority countries, so there is no large-scale immigration like there has been in Europe. That has kept immigration to mostly professionals who seem to be more moderate.

At least that's my somewhat uninformed view of things.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I really genuinely think the UK is lost now. When people realize that Islamification needs to be stopped, it will genuinely be too late. Ditto France. Germany? Dunno. When Vienna is besieged by Muslims next time, it'll be from the NW, not the SE.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Driftless wrote: Part of it depends on whether you encourage integration into a secular society or not. In the US, as long as the population is small and spread out the children go to school with the increasingly secular majority.
Several US school districts are now providing designated prayer rooms for students to pray in during Ramadan. This is seen as preferable to those kids missing a whole month of school. It also happens to be unconstitutional. And we already have moslem enclaves in the US.

There can be no integration of observant moslems into western society. When they are a tiny minority, they keep their heads low and praise tolerance. Once they become a sizable minority, they start to demand special treatment and exemptions. Once they become a majority, they start chopping off other folks' heads.

The only solution is: 1) to block moslem immigration; 2) to compel moslems already in the West to conform to Western mores and practices, the hopes they will move out.

Islam is a flesh-eating bacterium.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Maajid Nawaz, well-meaning though he is, is a hindrance to the cause of resistance to Islamification. He encourages the fantasy of a reformed Islam. There are many shades of muslim but only one Islam, and that Islam follows the example of Mo and the instructions of the Quran and hadiths.
I suspect Nawaz is playing a ruse. He's probably a deist and a 'cultural moslem', but by claiming to be moslem, he dodges the harshest attacks of being a kafir, traitor, etc.

Islam is immune to reform, as the koran is deemed perfect, final, infallible, and unalterable. 'Reformed' Islam can never be more than a halfway house, a stop along the way to getting clean through full apostasy. In that sense, maybe, it's a conceit with some value.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

So, Brits, I see that Trouser Pressn (SWIDT?) and Strong and Stable are going to start trying to unfuck the country. This situation appears to be spiraling more and more into complete Alice-in-Wonderland territory. Where is Spitting Image when you need it?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I suspect Nawaz is playing a ruse. He's probably a deist and a 'cultural moslem', but by claiming to be moslem, he dodges the harshest attacks of being a kafir, traitor, etc.
He used to be a recruiter for banned Islamic terror group Hizb ut-Tahrir before finding his 'Liberal Epiphany' whilst languishing for five years in an Egyptian shithole prison. His lawyer back then was none other than the now London Mayor Sadiq Khan.
It's not what you know but who you know as the saying goes.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Hilarious!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive wrote:
You have a time signature for that? I didn't see that.
At 9:50 Jones finishes his vax rant and asks Goldy what she thinks of that. Awkward moment for the guest.

Goldy fires a warning signal to Jones that he may not want to push that line on her:

“I will say this as a bit of a caveat my dad is an MD and all the females in my family around my age are all having kids so the vaccination question is very much top of mind in my family.”

She points out there are good vaccines as well as dodgy ones (who knew?) which nixes the grand conspiracy theory.
Jones jumps on this apparent opening and Goldy parries him again with an immediate segue:

“But this all happened when we started to bring in diseased people ....” and so shifts the conversation back to her actual topic of interest.

Deftly done.

Clearly Goldy isn’t supporting the anti vax crap and clearly she is astute enough not to derail her soapbox moment in a needless battle she won’t win.

The problem with you is that you missed the trees for the forrest. You want her to be raging at Jones. She wants him to enjoy free speech while she shamelessly leverages off part of his base.

You gonna need more than this weak sauce (and a rebel media contracted advert + prayer) to put her in the alt-med box.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Now this may be a shit strategy, though her options for public engagement are being locked down. But that’s a different line to your argument.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I thought this cute left-leaning series was about to stumble over something.

http://i.imgur.com/H2XsVyS.jpg

I don’t know, mauybe something about artificial growth based on importing and then servicing low paid workers via a mass immigration policy.

But no. Somehow she turned it into it all being the fault of rich people who need their wealth redistributed.

Still. She does cos play a teacher so it’s not all bad.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Racists use genetic science to claim that one race is superior to others.

Researchers looked at how biology teachers teach that one race is superior to others because of their genes.

Guess where the most racism was?

' “Ethnic groups are genetically different and that is why some are superior to others” (e.g., 3% in France; 18% in Senegal; 34% in Poland; and 62% in Lebanon'

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ful ... /sce.21506

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Jesus Christ

Muslim prayer at Anzac Day service upsets RSA veterans

A decision to invite a Muslim cleric to say a prayer at an Anzac Day service has sparked an anguished backlash from veterans.

The Returned and Services Association (RSA) branch at Titahi Bay near Wellington has moved the Muslim prayer from its 6am dawn service to its 10am civic ceremony after some veterans said the dawn service should remember only NZ and Australian soldiers who have died in wars.

The backlash has exposed sensitive emotions around a sacred day in the New Zealand calendar as the nation struggles to become more "inclusive" after 50 Muslims were shot dead in the Christchurch mosque massacre.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Cas is on point.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Feathers stolen from Tring museum.

Someone even wrote a book about it.

It was also talked about on 'This American Life' podcast - but you have to pay to hear that.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

shoutinghorse wrote: :lol:

Good news , lads!

Jeremy Corbyn wants to make sure there is no gender pay gap, so the women in the Army who cook and clean will be paid as much as you while you are dodging Taleban explosive devices.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Casamir Pulaski, the American Revolutionary War calvary General, was Intersex-- genetically female-- a 1-in-150,000 condition, according to researchers.

Or, say others, they're examining the wrong skeleton... that of a woman.

The researchers cite similarities between the skeleton & what's known of Pulaski: signs of much horse-riding, a known hand injury, short stature.

Larry Cochard, an associate professor of medical education at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and the school’s anatomy lab director, said that if the pelvic bones look very female to expert eyes, sex can be assessed with close to 100 percent certainty.

Oh--shit! Nobody tell Muscato or Zinnia or PZ -- that an expert can tell who is male & female!

==
But, whatever you do, don't celebrate this empowering-news-for-Intersexies on Twitter!

All his life, Casamir Pulaski IDENTIFIED as male. Twitter's terms of service draw a hard line against Misgendering someone, according to their biological sex, vs. their preferred gender identity.

WHY HAVENT THESE BIGOTS BEEN BANNED YET?!

HEADS MUST ROLL!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Service Dog wrote: Casamir Pulaski, the American Revolutionary War calvary General, was Intersex-- genetically female-- a 1-in-150,000 condition, according to researchers.
Brits out for the lads!

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: Casamir Pulaski, the American Revolutionary War calvary General, was Intersex-- genetically female-- a 1-in-150,000 condition, according to researchers.
I hate to be that guy but...

https://www.history.com/.image/ar_16:9% ... -photo.jpg

not...

http://www.veritasse.co.uk/wp-content/p ... 9c_w_h.jpg

Signed: ex-cavalry goon.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I see that when it comes to Larry Cohen it would no longer be accurate to state "It's Alive!".

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: I see that when it comes to Larry Cohen it would no longer be accurate to state "It's Alive!".
Nevermind that pish, have you seen the trailer for the "Joker" stand-alone? It's looking pretty damned good; Phoenix is mega creepy and very convincing as someone slipping into la-la land.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote: I hate to be that guy but...
Signed: ex-cavalry goon.
The funny thing is-- I caught the error when I typed it. I stared at it with a slack jaw, while a faint glimmer of my own halfwittedness sparked & fizzled in my head.
I was smart-enough to spot the error, but contemplating it used-up a few IQ-spoons, leaving me dumb-enough to fail to correct it.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog wrote: ...The email contained a contract-like document, they want me to sign. It's some form of contract, I suppose. But it's almost the opposite of an 'employment contract'. They want me to sign that I'm Not an employee...
2 days ago I posted-about a crappy contract at work. I wrote an email yesterday, offering the slightest tip-of-the-iceberg of my objections to it. Today the company completely caved, withdrawing the contract as a requirement for the job.

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Service Dog wrote:
Service Dog wrote: ...The email contained a contract-like document, they want me to sign. It's some form of contract, I suppose. But it's almost the opposite of an 'employment contract'. They want me to sign that I'm Not an employee...
2 days ago I posted-about a crappy contract at work. I wrote an email yesterday, offering the slightest tip-of-the-iceberg of my objections to it. Today the company completely caved, withdrawing the contract as a requirement for the job.
That goes to show maybe it was just to see what kind of boob would sign it. You passed. Congratulations. I hate when companies put stuff like that out there knowing most will cave and sign as the average person does not understand their rights.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

This is one and a half hours of well-made jaw-dropping awesomeness. And quite possibly the only sensible answer to life under JT.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

screwtape wrote: This is one and a half hours of well-made jaw-dropping awesomeness. And quite possibly the only sensible answer to life under JT.

I love his channels. Not only can he build fully functional buildings using hand tools, he can cook up some truly delicious looking meals too. In one of his vids, can't remember which, he makes a rack of boar ribs that had me drooling like Homer Simpson. Oh, and his hound
is a joy to watch!

Very good recommend, Screwtape.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

If you’re into pot and want the good shit, go to Spain:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... llets.html

free thoughtpolice

mordacious1 wrote: If you’re into pot and want the good shit, go to Spain:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... llets.html
It sounds like fake news but because it comes from The Daily Mail it must be true.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

screwtape wrote: This is one and a half hours of well-made jaw-dropping awesomeness. And quite possibly the only sensible answer to life under JT.

youtu.be/AxM9FYSs8V4
Two years alone in the wilderness huh? ... Then who was operating the camera and drone? and where did he get the electricity supply from for the batteries?

Two years alone my arse! :x

(Good watch though)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It’s kinda fitting that the West outsourced its progressive version of China’s social credit system to corporates.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I’m assuming the logic here is:

1. Determine who fits the bill as a radicalised misfit
2. Isolated them from society, limit their ability to function, punish
3. Congratulate yourself on a job well done
4. Express shock and despair when a .05% crazy goes ape shit
5. Double down
6. Goto 3.

Outstanding

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote: It’s kinda fitting that the West outsourced its progressive version of China’s social credit system to corporates.

Someone told me that a a physician and his wife who is also a physicist did some injecting of each other with vaccine and one of them woke up paralyzed! Also someone told me Faith was banned from Airbnb because she was stealing bedsheets and making them into KKK uniforms!
Thank Jesus for the alt media that allows the truth about vaccines poisoning the sheeples to be heard.

free thoughtpolice

Hope this inspires you:
The sheeples may safely graze:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

screwtape wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:56 am
This is one and a half hours of well-made jaw-dropping awesomeness. And quite possibly the only sensible answer to life under JT.

Thanks for that. The man has good taste in tools. Incidentally, if you spend any time outdoors at all, one of those little wood-gas stoves he uses in the beginning is very valuable. You can boil a pot of water with a handful of twigs or pinecones