The Trump Dump!

Double wank and shit chips
Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4021

Post by Kirbmarc » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:54 pm

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Do you remember when you laughed at Alexandr Dugin's call for a genocide of "cretins" in the Ukraine, and called it "Russian humor"?

So when someone on your side explicitly calls for a genocide, it's no big deal. But when one of your favorite Youtubers is banned from some online outlets, it's the first step towards a genocide. :think:
His quote was “Ukraine must be clean of idiots. Genocide of the cretins suggests itself”.

I’d make the same observation of the progressive west. :lol:
"When my side talks about genocide, it's "genociding up". But if one of us is banned fr socisl media, that's genocide, and it's "genociding down" "

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4022

Post by Kirbmarc » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:58 pm

Good trad genocide: suggesting a cleansing of "cretins"

Bad antitrad genocide: someone gets banned from social media

Seems legit.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4023

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:29 pm

Kirbmarc wrote: Good trad genocide: suggesting a cleansing of "cretins"

Bad antitrad genocide: someone gets banned from social media

Seems legit.
One item is an absurdity. The other has material impact.

I suspect you don’t know which is which.

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4024

Post by Kirbmarc » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:38 pm

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Good trad genocide: suggesting a cleansing of "cretins"

Bad antitrad genocide: someone gets banned from social media

Seems legit.
One item is an absurdity. The other has material impact.

I suspect you don’t know which is which.
One item is a call for political violence from an influential political thinker who is very close to the authorities of a country which has invaded another.

The other is a social media ban, heavy-handed and counterproductive, but still, just a media ban.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4025

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:38 pm

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Do you remember when you laughed at Alexandr Dugin's call for a genocide of "cretins" in the Ukraine, and called it "Russian humor"?

So when someone on your side explicitly calls for a genocide, it's no big deal. But when one of your favorite Youtubers is banned from some online outlets, it's the first step towards a genocide. :think:
His quote was “Ukraine must be clean of idiots. Genocide of the cretins suggests itself”.

I’d make the same observation of the progressive west. :lol:
"When my side talks about genocide, it's "genociding up". But if one of us is banned fr socisl media, thait's genocide, and it's "genociding down" "
My term (if we want to be accurate and intellectually honest) was a “literal-virtual” genocide.

Which hinted at a self-aware (ironic) nuance which sailed right over your head. :lol:

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4026

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:41 pm

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Good trad genocide: suggesting a cleansing of "cretins"

Bad antitrad genocide: someone gets banned from social media

Seems legit.
One item is an absurdity. The other has material impact.

I suspect you don’t know which is which.
One item is a call for political violence from an influential political thinker who is very close to the authorities of a country which has invaded another.

The other is a social media ban, heavy-handed and counterproductive, but still, just a media ban.
Her Paypal ban and her Airbnb ban were not just “media” bans. Please be more precise in your characterisations.

As far as I’m aware no cretinous Ukrainian was soaped for failing an IQ test. Are the Russians really as literal as the Turks?

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4027

Post by Kirbmarc » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:42 pm

Brive1987 wrote: My term (if we want to be accurate and intellectually honest) was a “literal-virtual” genocide.

Which hinted at a self-aware (ironic) nuance which sailed right over your head. :lol:
"I'm not building a victim complex narrative, I'm being self-aware and ironically nuanced"

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 29/397.jpg

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4028

Post by Kirbmarc » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:49 pm

Brive1987 wrote: Her Paypal ban and her Airbnb ban were not just “media” bans. Please be more precise in your characterisations.

As far as I’m aware no cretinous Ukrainian was soaped for failing an IQ test. Are the Russians really as literal as the Turks?
There is no political violence in the Ukraine, no siree, and Dugin hasn't helped to justify it, nope, never happened.

The real humanitarian tragedy is when AirBnB and Paypal banned Faith Goldy. How will she ever recover.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4029

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:57 pm

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: My term (if we want to be accurate and intellectually honest) was a “literal-virtual” genocide.

Which hinted at a self-aware (ironic) nuance which sailed right over your head. :lol:
"I'm not building a victim complex narrative, I'm being self-aware and ironically nuanced"

[img..]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 29/397.jpg[/img]
Exactly. See. That wasn’t so hard. The trick here is spotting apparent tension in the provided terms which suggests layers of meaning.

Something which is “literally virtual” should raise a red flag that it’s not being glibly applied as a BAU term.

Well done.

“During this session you have worked well. With further ...” ;)

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4030

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:08 am

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Her Paypal ban and her Airbnb ban were not just “media” bans. Please be more precise in your characterisations.

As far as I’m aware no cretinous Ukrainian was soaped for failing an IQ test. Are the Russians really as literal as the Turks?
There is no political violence in the Ukraine, no siree, and Dugin hasn't helped to justify it, nope, never happened.

The real humanitarian tragedy is when AirBnB and Paypal banned Faith Goldy. How will she ever recover.
I’m not going to apply too much causal weight to a call for cretinous Genocide. I can’t wait to see what happens when Brenton Tarrant‘s mates are intentionally isolated.

Or maybe we can compromise and you can be appalled by liberal fascism and I will tut tut Dugin’s call for egg-head extermination.

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4031

Post by Kirbmarc » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:18 am

Brive1987 wrote: I’m not going to apply too much causal weight to a call for cretinous Genocide. I can’t wait to see what happens when Brenton Tarrant‘s mates are intentionally isolated.
Dugin's rhetoric definitely played a role in the Russian involvement in Eastern Ukraine, which has caused widespread political violence. This is not under dispute.
Or maybe we can compromise and you can be appalled by liberal fascism and I will tut tut Dugin’s call for egg-head extermination.
I'm not a fan of the idea of "deplatforming", especially not for political opinions, bad as they might be (a better case could be made for explicit incitement to violence) but comparing it to fascism is moronic. Goldy hasn't had her civil rights curtailed, she was simply banned from private services, i.e. what people on her side want to do to LGBT people in the infamous "cake" brouhaha. I don't think it's a good idea and it has more than a whiff of illiberalism, but it's not even remotely comparable to the effects of Dugin's rhetoric on political violence.

Being excluded from your social circles isn't pleasant, but it's not the same thing as being shot in the face.

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4032

Post by Kirbmarc » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:27 am

Brive1987 wrote: Exactly. See. That wasn’t so hard. The trick here is spotting apparent tension in the provided terms which suggests layers of meaning.

Something which is “literally virtual” should raise a red flag that it’s not being glibly applied as a BAU term.

Well done.

“During this session you have worked well. With further ...” ;)
Maybe the meme wasn't explicit enough, but I was pointing out that this is part of your shtick, of the typical motte-and-bailey of the meta-modern alt-right. First you build a deliberately hyperbolic narrative ("the Goldy bans are a prelude to genocide, albeit just a literal virtual one") then, when it's convenient, you go back to claiming that your comments weren't serious, they were nuanced and ironic.

OF COURSE you're not suggesting that Goldy being banned from social media, Paypal and AirBnB is a prelude to a genocide, it was only a way to catch the overly literal, dumb libtards by playing their own game, and you were just talking about a "virtual genocide", i.e. some illiberal banning. How could you be so damn literal, I was just kidding, but with enough truth to support my case :snooty:

Meanwhile, the narrative about the existential threat posed to the "dissident" alt-righters is already being built, while calls for oppression from alt-right figures are minimized. The alt-righters are always the real victims and by criticizing them and their ideas people are subconsciously contributing to their marginalization and oppression.

Old_ones
.
.
Posts: 2131
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:46 pm
Location: An hour's drive from Hell.
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4033

Post by Old_ones » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:59 am

Breaking news: Slimy turd Julian Assange was kicked out of the Ecuadorian embassy in part because he literally smeared his own shit on the walls.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/why- ... ge-n993711

:hankey:

I would say this was an excellent audition for a cabinet level position in the Trump administration, but unfortunately there is no federal bureau of sanitation. Maybe Trump will try to get him in at the CIA instead.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4034

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:36 am

Kirbmarc wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:27 am
Brive1987 wrote: Exactly. See. That wasn’t so hard. The trick here is spotting apparent tension in the provided terms which suggests layers of meaning.

Something which is “literally virtual” should raise a red flag that it’s not being glibly applied as a BAU term.

Well done.

“During this session you have worked well. With further ...” ;)
Maybe the meme wasn't explicit enough, but I was pointing out that this is part of your shtick, of the typical motte-and-bailey of the meta-modern alt-right. First you build a deliberately hyperbolic narrative ("the Goldy bans are a prelude to genocide, albeit just a literal virtual one") then, when it's convenient, you go back to claiming that your comments weren't serious, they were nuanced and ironic.

OF COURSE you're not suggesting that Goldy being banned from social media, Paypal and AirBnB is a prelude to a genocide, it was only a way to catch the overly literal, dumb libtards by playing their own game, and you were just talking about a "virtual genocide", i.e. some illiberal banning. How could you be so damn literal, I was just kidding, but with enough truth to support my case :snooty:

Meanwhile, the narrative about the existential threat posed to the "dissident" alt-righters is already being built, while calls for oppression from alt-right figures are minimized. The alt-righters are always the real victims and by criticizing them and their ideas people are subconsciously contributing to their marginalization and oppression.
http://i.imgur.com/1aPAW0i.jpg

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4035

Post by Kirbmarc » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:09 am

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:27 am
Brive1987 wrote: Exactly. See. That wasn’t so hard. The trick here is spotting apparent tension in the provided terms which suggests layers of meaning.

Something which is “literally virtual” should raise a red flag that it’s not being glibly applied as a BAU term.

Well done.

“During this session you have worked well. With further ...” ;)
Maybe the meme wasn't explicit enough, but I was pointing out that this is part of your shtick, of the typical motte-and-bailey of the meta-modern alt-right. First you build a deliberately hyperbolic narrative ("the Goldy bans are a prelude to genocide, albeit just a literal virtual one") then, when it's convenient, you go back to claiming that your comments weren't serious, they were nuanced and ironic.

OF COURSE you're not suggesting that Goldy being banned from social media, Paypal and AirBnB is a prelude to a genocide, it was only a way to catch the overly literal, dumb libtards by playing their own game, and you were just talking about a "virtual genocide", i.e. some illiberal banning. How could you be so damn literal, I was just kidding, but with enough truth to support my case :snooty:

Meanwhile, the narrative about the existential threat posed to the "dissident" alt-righters is already being built, while calls for oppression from alt-right figures are minimized. The alt-righters are always the real victims and by criticizing them and their ideas people are subconsciously contributing to their marginalization and oppression.
http://i.imgur.com/1aPAW0i.jpg
What if I told you that Lauren Southern is a v
literal political camwhore?

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4036

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:14 pm

I’d question your credentials as a gentleman.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4037

Post by Brive1987 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:23 pm

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:08 am
Class A study there ol’ Captain

“We argue that political extremists are less tolerant of different groups and opinions than political moderates”

“We discuss how these psychological features of political extremists increase the likelihood of conflict among groups in society.”

:lol:
Nice ignoring of the rest of it. You look directly at the other side of your part of the horseshoe, you see PZ staring at you across the narrow gap.

Weird, I get David French.
I’d be interested in how you hand wave away this consideration of the use of FBI hate crime data for creepy partisan purpose.


CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4038

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:42 am


Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4039

Post by Kirbmarc » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:46 am

For Trump fans what really matters is owning the libs. Principles, shmrinciples.


Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4041

Post by Kirbmarc » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:57 am

Brive1987 wrote:
QED

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4042

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:05 am


CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4043

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:06 am


CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4044

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:08 am


CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4045

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:13 am



But some people will believe anything they want to believe. Even from the Worst President Ever.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4046

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:52 am


CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4047

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:30 pm

D4dTuIcUwAAJ-cM.jpeg
(39.58 KiB) Downloaded 143 times


Sunder
.
.
Posts: 3857
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:12 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4049

Post by Sunder » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:11 pm

House Majority leader taking impeachment completely off the table before he's even read the redacted report let alone the full thing is just more proof that the Deep State is out to get Trump by pretending to be too craven and cowardly to pick a fight, thus lulling him into a false sense of security.

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4050

Post by Kirbmarc » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:13 pm

Brive1987 wrote:
Does this mean that Stormy Daniels is Mary Magdalene? :think:

Perhaps in two thousand years people will chant "wrong, wrong, fake news, covfefe" while they read passages from the Art of Deal.

I think we've finally found a cult dumber than Scientology.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4051

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Does this mean that Stormy Daniels is Mary Magdalene? :think:

Perhaps in two thousand years people will chant "wrong, wrong, fake news, covfefe" while they read passages from the Art of Deal.

I think we've finally found a cult dumber than Scientology.
Hasn't the reconciliation between evangelicals and Trump been a glorious bit of rationalization though? Does it not speak to the poetry of the human mind that it is able the mold a philandering, narcassitic, pathological liar into a near second coming? The absolute beauty of self-delusion, the astounding grandeur of hatred. It doesn't speak very well of us as a species, does it? It would be funny if the consequences weren't so awful.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4052

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:47 pm

Sunder wrote: House Majority leader taking impeachment completely off the table before he's even read the redacted report let alone the full thing is just more proof that the Deep State is out to get Trump by pretending to be too craven and cowardly to pick a fight, thus lulling him into a false sense of security.
I do believe that's a calculated move for the 2020 elections. It's best to let him martyr himself, seeing as he's so very good at it. They're afraid of backlash, better to just let his misdeeds get some airplay first.

Sunder
.
.
Posts: 3857
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:12 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4053

Post by Sunder » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:09 am

Nate Silver's being a dipshit again.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4054

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:12 am


CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4055

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:21 am


CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4056

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:58 am


CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4057

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:09 am


CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4058

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:17 am

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
QED
These are the stridently uttered cries of Trumpists desperate for people to accept Barr's version and try to turn the tables. It's utterly pathetic, and worse that some lowlifes would go along with it. Some dumbfucks are even crying "treason," as though the malfeasance in the Mueller report were the playful hijinks of a toddler instead of a damning picture of a crooked president. Not to mention petulant and unstable. I really think it's dawning on some of the Trumpettes that the Mueller report isn't really the president's friend after all.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4059

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:41 am


fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 1953
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:30 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4060

Post by fuzzy » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:06 am

This thread is perhaps the greatest lesson the Pit has given me: that no amount of evidence will override an unreasonable person's pre-evidencial religious bias. Orange man has always been bad and from Eastasia.

Old_ones
.
.
Posts: 2131
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:46 pm
Location: An hour's drive from Hell.
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4061

Post by Old_ones » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:09 am

fuzzy wrote: This thread is perhaps the greatest lesson the Pit has given me: that no amount of evidence will override an unreasonable person's pre-evidencial religious bias. Orange man has always been bad and from Eastasia.
What a hilarious example of projection.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4062

Post by Brive1987 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:34 pm

Matt takes on the “Mueller Whisperers”


CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4063

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:38 pm

fuzzy wrote: This thread is perhaps the greatest lesson the Pit has given me: that no amount of evidence will override an unreasonable person's pre-evidencial religious bias. Orange man has always been bad and from Eastasia.
Explain away the evidence that he's really bad. You might have noticed the Mueller report wasn't complimentary to Orange Man. Or maybe not.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4064

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:38 pm


CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4065

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:00 pm

Anecdotally, I seem to find that every Trump male supporter I know has either been through a bitter divorce, or is struggling in an unhappy marriage. I'm honestly not finding an exception to this rule. Lemme know if you know of contradictory evidence, thanks. Friend might do a paper.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4066

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:03 pm



#TrumpTribe

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4067

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:05 pm



Didn't encapsulate the tweet

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4068

Post by Brive1987 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:47 pm

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

Didn't encapsulate the tweet
People wouldn’t waste their time if the job was being done.

Old_ones
.
.
Posts: 2131
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:46 pm
Location: An hour's drive from Hell.
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4069

Post by Old_ones » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:32 am

Brive1987 wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

Didn't encapsulate the tweet
People wouldn’t waste their time if the job was being done.
Is it also fair to say that Black Lives Matter wouldn't "waste their time" protesting if the police weren't overwhelmingly racist? Or would that beg the question in a somewhat obvious way?

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4070

Post by Kirbmarc » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:41 pm

Old_ones wrote: Is it also fair to say that Black Lives Matter wouldn't "waste their time" protesting if the police weren't overwhelmingly racist? Or would that beg the question in a somewhat obvious way?
Antifa wouldn't waste its time looking for Nazis to punch if the police arrested the Nazis. :bjarte:

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4071

Post by Brive1987 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:47 pm

Seems like Boeing aren’t the all American hero after all.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/compani ... 51fza.html

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4072

Post by Brive1987 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:53 pm

Kirbmarc wrote:
Old_ones wrote: Is it also fair to say that Black Lives Matter wouldn't "waste their time" protesting if the police weren't overwhelmingly racist? Or would that beg the question in a somewhat obvious way?
Antifa wouldn't waste its time looking for Nazis to punch if the police arrested the Nazis. :bjarte:
Dudes not protesting. He’s spending his time rounding up missed illegals via citizen arrest. You are quick to embrace category error in your thinking.

Old_ones
.
.
Posts: 2131
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:46 pm
Location: An hour's drive from Hell.
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4073

Post by Old_ones » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:45 pm

Brive1987 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:53 pm
Kirbmarc wrote:
Old_ones wrote: Is it also fair to say that Black Lives Matter wouldn't "waste their time" protesting if the police weren't overwhelmingly racist? Or would that beg the question in a somewhat obvious way?
Antifa wouldn't waste its time looking for Nazis to punch if the police arrested the Nazis. :bjarte:
Dudes not protesting. He’s spending his time rounding up missed illegals via citizen arrest. You are quick to embrace category error in your thinking.
I don't think you even know what a category error is. You are trying to use philosophical jargon to justify special pleading. Here, educate yourself:
wikipedia wrote: A category mistake, or category error, or categorical mistake, or mistake of category, is a semantic or ontological error in which things belonging to a particular category are presented as if they belong to a different category,[1] or, alternatively, a property is ascribed to a thing that could not possibly have that property. An example is the metaphor "time crawled", which if taken literally is not just false but a category mistake. To show that a category mistake has been committed one must typically show that once the phenomenon in question is properly understood, it becomes clear that the claim being made about it could not possibly be true.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_mistake

So for a statement to contain a "category error" a property has to be ascribed to the subject of the statement that it cannot possibly have. When Scientologists say that an e-meter is a device that measures "the mass of your thoughts" they are making a category error (thoughts are not physical objects so they do not have mass). It doesn't mean "I agree with this thing, but disagree with that thing so it isn't the same category" - that is called "special pleading" and you might want to look it up as well.

Protesting and making citizen's arrest are both activities that people do, so treating them the same way doesn't lead to a category error. I could further refine the analogy and say that these are "things people do that are legal, but get you into trouble if you do them wrong" which is still true. Apparently when making a citizen's arrest its important not to also possess a weapon you aren't legally entitled to carry, hence the sad sack above being arrested.

My point above was that the motivation of the sad sack above doesn't serve as proof that his concerns are justified, though, and apparently that went right over your head.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4074

Post by Brive1987 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:58 pm

I would place going about and doing someone else’s job for them because shit has to get done into a different category to BLM street protests and Antifa virtue signalling. You appear to prefer a potpourri.

But you’re probably right, I’m sure I’m the confused one here. :bjarte:

John D
.
.
Posts: 4508
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4075

Post by John D » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:58 pm

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Anecdotally, I seem to find that every Trump male supporter I know has either been through a bitter divorce, or is struggling in an unhappy marriage. I'm honestly not finding an exception to this rule. Lemme know if you know of contradictory evidence, thanks. Friend might do a paper.
I have said this before..... you do not know very many Trump supporters. Your anecdotal evidence for anything Trump related is going to be BS.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4076

Post by Brive1987 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:57 pm

Give me “Mr Two Scoops” any day.



CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4078

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:42 am

John D wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Anecdotally, I seem to find that every Trump male supporter I know has either been through a bitter divorce, or is struggling in an unhappy marriage. I'm honestly not finding an exception to this rule. Lemme know if you know of contradictory evidence, thanks. Friend might do a paper.
I have said this before..... you do not know very many Trump supporters. Your anecdotal evidence for anything Trump related is going to be BS.
I know dozens of Trump supporters, some people I've knows for over forty years and am well acquainted with their lives. I've hunted and fished with them, attended their weddings, consoled at their divorces. Rather than dismissing my statement (which I framed poorly, and it could be argued that it would be perceived as a personal attack) do you know of any exceptions to this?

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4079

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:46 am

Brive1987 wrote: Give me “Mr Two Scoops” any day.

Also argued by Reason, a libertarian, right-leaning organization. You're just a mirror image of a SJW, looking for outrage, aren't you?

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#4080

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:51 am

Brive1987 wrote: I would place going about and doing someone else’s job for them because shit has to get done into a different category to BLM street protests and Antifa virtue signalling. You appear to prefer a potpourri.

But you’re probably right, I’m sure I’m the confused one here. :bjarte:
Especially funny that the vigilantes and most of those supporting them, including yourself, profess to be Christians. I'm not Christian myself, so you'll have to explain how Christ would be out in the desert rounding up poor people (rich immigrants, illegal or not, get through much more comfortably) including women and children. Somehow, these actions don't seem very Christ-like to this heathen.

Post Reply