You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Gumby »

John D wrote: Does anyone else share this problem with me? I find that I can't stand much of the music I listened to in the 1970s and 1980s. So much of it now sounds like childish, stick-it-to-the-man, bullshit. I guess I have changed, but the music doesn't change.
Over the years I have gotten thoroughly bored with much of the music that I grew up with and some of it I have come to actively dislike. The example that most typifies my current attitude is The Who. They were one of my favorite bands for decades, saw them multiple times in concert... and now I can't stand them. I think part of it is boredom, part of it is me growing up, and part of it is annoyance at Townshend's often abominable (to me, anyway) lyrics. This may be sacrilege to many here, but today I just think of the Who as an immature and merely adequate band who were highly overrated.

Unfortunately, there is nothing from today's music to inspire me, so I guess I'm stuck with the"classic rock" that hasn't yet bored me to tears. And classical.

TL;DR - we're getting old, dude.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I'm still hooked on Mike Oldfield (maybe not all of his later electro ventures, but the classics still have a strong hold on me.)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

That bloody tubular bellend...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
The Chemical Brothers did a lot of the incidental music for THE HUNGER GAMES, none of which made its way onto the movie soundtrack, which was -- with one exception (see below ) -- tunes that didn't appear in the film, but that Ry Cooder thought were 'evocative' of the film.

The theme music for Caesar Flickerman's tv show is War by the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble with some track overlay & fiddling by the Chemical Bros:

Seneca Crane's demise and other story line resolutions are tracked by The Chemical Brothers' entrancing Marissa Flashback, which they also used in their cool soundtrack for HANNA:

THE HUNGER GAMES' main theme comes from Arcade Fire's Abraham's Daughter, which does appear on the soundtrack:

Arcade Fire is a difficult band for me. Occasionally they create complex, lyric songs (cf. The Suburbs), most of the time they sound like a bunch of mongoloids banging on kitchen pots while two tom cats fight outside.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

There is no excuse for terror attacks against innocent people but
What an utter cunt.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Gumby wrote:
John D wrote: Does anyone else share this problem with me? I find that I can't stand much of the music I listened to in the 1970s and 1980s. So much of it now sounds like childish, stick-it-to-the-man, bullshit. I guess I have changed, but the music doesn't change.
Over the years I have gotten thoroughly bored with much of the music that I grew up with and some of it I have come to actively dislike. The example that most typifies my current attitude is The Who. They were one of my favorite bands for decades, saw them multiple times in concert... and now I can't stand them. I think part of it is boredom, part of it is me growing up, and part of it is annoyance at Townshend's often abominable (to me, anyway) lyrics. This may be sacrilege to many here, but today I just think of the Who as an immature and merely adequate band who were highly overrated.

Unfortunately, there is nothing from today's music to inspire me, so I guess I'm stuck with the"classic rock" that hasn't yet bored me to tears. And classical.

TL;DR - we're getting old, dude.
Funny, I cranked Won't Get Fooled Again in the car just yesterday. A lot of The Who was silly and grating, but so was everyone's. Love, love me do? But Quadrophenia is hardly immature or merely adequate. The old stuff -- the wheat separated from chaff -- still stands up, while most new stuff is all chaff.

The Who was my favorite band growing up, but Heather Nova is my gal now.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Damn edit button's on the fritz again. Here:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Damn edit button's on the fritz again. Here:

If you like that then may I suggest...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

If anyone is interested, that is Peyto Lake, taken from Bow Summit in Banff NP, AB.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyto_Lake

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Here's my version:
Peyto.jpg
(56.46 KiB) Downloaded 295 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I feel that way about late 80's/early 90's...

I was in a crowded bar several years ago. The background music was some horrible 5th-generation knock-off of a knock-off of The Pixies. I listened to some young twat singer whine & preen. I realized it was Black Francis & I was listening to the same actual Pixies recording I once adored. The voice on the record had always been older & cooler than me... until I lapped him in life, a few times 'round.

The Beastie Boys were another group who could do-no-wrong, in my book. Still true in many ways, but every year I put more asterisks next to their name. Largely due to me being ensconsed into NYC's social strata... so I have a very precise awareness of how-every-comfortably the Beasties-- in their private lives-- fit into a very-specific, cloying, preachy 'liberal elite'. Same with Kim Gordon & Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth... they deserve the martial misery they gave each other.

Nirvana's feminism doesn't age well... there have been a flurry of articles about their feminist posturings, in the last couple weeks. I clicked on one-- so now Google brings every article to my attention.

One the other hand, Vanilla Ice's 'Ice Ice Baby' has ascended, for me. The music video, especially, now seems endearingly small-scale & home-made: the amateur dancing, amateur girls, non-lavish clothes & jewelry, not-too-fancy car. Wholesome as fuck.
I also think Korn ages well.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The theme music for Caesar Flickerman's tv show is War by the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble with some track overlay & fiddling by the Chemical Bros:
Oh fuck yes! I discovered Hypnotic Brass the best way possible... around 2007 they were playing in the subway station in Union Square & I followed the music to find where it was coming-from. I went-home & found the old music video for War...

and the New York Times' profile on them, from 2006.

Definitely on the list of music I listen-to... to break the racist patterns forming in my brain... after too many black guys on my block act like retards.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Suet Cardigan wrote: What an utter cunt.
I've been saying that a lot lately.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lot of cunts around. Speaking of which, what did happen to Scamkeesian?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Still on the subject of music: I'm a huge fan of Manson. Don't get me wrong, I understand the "played for shock-value" factor, some call it showmanship, but I still enjoy his sense of humour, twisted content and the music itself. Of particular note, the "Eat me, drink me" album, a release which cost him droves of fans, is a particular highlight. Perhaps it was the slight shift towards a more gothic feel? Anyway, the title track is particularly good (based upon "Alice In Wonderland") but for me, "If I Was Your Vampire" is the highlight of the album - gloomy, warped and darker than a goth's taint!

Love this track!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: Lot of cunts around. Speaking of which, what did happen to Scamkeesian?
Oh, she'll be sniffing around various hobbies and fandoms in search of a new host.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... _leech.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shirley FTW!

John D

Post by John D »

Yikes! Looks like the primary treatment for ADD and autism is becoming sex change.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: Lot of cunts around. Speaking of which, what did happen to Scamkeesian?
To my knowledge her last fundrasier was for a series of videos to be titled 'History vs Women'. I think it may have been started but not completed.

In any case I mentioned a while ago - that I saw a book of the same name in my local library.

Which would make it at least the second time she has regurgitated her masters thesis as some sort of commercial product. I wouldn't be surprised it she transitioned to a political pundit and started turning up on TV.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Sargon's out meeting the people. 'Louder with Crowder' style.

https://i.imgur.com/tRyIszo.jpg

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Behold the beauty of fluent Orcish!

(I can translate if needed)

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

A rather unfortunate name for a sweaty :?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote: Still on the subject of music: I'm a huge fan of Manson. Don't get me wrong, I understand the "played for shock-value" factor, some call it showmanship, but I still enjoy his sense of humour, twisted content and the music itself. Of particular note, the "Eat me, drink me" album, a release which cost him droves of fans, is a particular highlight. Perhaps it was the slight shift towards a more gothic feel? Anyway, the title track is particularly good (based upon "Alice In Wonderland") but for me, "If I Was Your Vampire" is the highlight of the album - gloomy, warped and darker than a goth's taint!

Love this track!
Eat me. Drink me? Sounds almost like Easter worship.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

What happens in Wonderland stays in Wonderland...

(or is it Oxford?).

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

It's nice to hear the Count speak with no Sasanach dandification for once.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: It's nice to hear the Count speak with no Sasanach dandification for once.
All that's missing is a tribal white-hand slapped across his face.

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/im ... 1443929139

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Surly Amy has a soulmate: a T-shirt makes Hemant cry:

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... trump-bbq/

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Surly Amy has a soulmate: a T-shirt makes Hemant cry:

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... trump-bbq/
He says:
Much like their food, the joke is stale.
Firstly, that is a shit joke because BBQ doesn't go 'stale'.

Secondly, I bet he has never eaten there, and that therefore this joke is bullshit because he doesn't know if the food is good or not. Fucking lying just for a cheap joke and even cheaper jab.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Fucking hell, I think I need to burn my man-card. We just watched Game Of Thrones S8E2 (Knight of the seven kingdoms) and I was nearly bawling my eyes out at the scene where Brienne of Tarth...gets her shoulders tapped? (Trying to avoid spoilers)

My other half rolled her eyes at me. I think a paradigm shift just happened... :think:

Anyway, it was a beautiful scene.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote: Fucking hell, I think I need to burn my man-card. We just watched Game Of Thrones S8E2 (Knight of the seven kingdoms) and I was nearly bawling my eyes out at the scene where Brienne of Tarth...gets her shoulders tapped? (Trying to avoid spoilers)

My other half rolled her eyes at me. I think a paradigm shift just happened... :think:

Anyway, it was a beautiful scene.
And Arya. I know that she is not a child, and has killed lots of people, but ...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote: And Arya. I know that she is not a child, and has killed lots of people, but ...
That scene was very uncomfortable for me - I still view the character as a child and was squirming as it unfolded. Again, my other half laughed and pointed out that the actor (Maisie Williams) is in her 20's. I dunno, maybe it's because I have two daughters and a highly developed "I'll fucking kill you if you even look at them" protection mechanism? Anyway, for an actionless episode, it was a roller coaster of feelz.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/ba ... d141671829

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Modern life in three acts.

1. The setup

Handed a Liberal (conservative) Federal election brochure at local train station by a friendly blonde. I live in what’s usually considered trad stepford country. This will be interesting.

http://i.imgur.com/MDipsbm.jpg

Huh. Why is he talking to me like a 5 year old? Why is he explaining basic planks of our civic institutions? What is a conservative doing pushing immigration and social welfare services? Sounds like he is pimping bribes. And why hasn’t he acknowledged his party membership?

Turn the brochure over.

2. Ahh.

http://i.imgur.com/WihmPnk.jpg

3. :bjarte:

http://i.imgur.com/ph1ybEv.jpg

And One Nation gets another protest vote as the moderate Right disappears leftwards up its own arse.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Here is a cunty missive from the pro Democrat, anti Trump MSM.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Brive1987 wrote: Here is a cunty missive from the pro Democrat, anti Trump MSM.

This is almost the exact same rhetoric being used by the media to downplay the fact that white farmers are being, or have been, murdered in South Africa. That this is something that's being touted by the "far right" and so if you say anything to that effect you must be "far right" and thus your opinion are more easily dismissed.

I think it's nuts. I mean, if multiple explosions occur at churches in Sri Lanka, then at the very least a likely conclusion is that Christians in Sri Lanka are being targeted. That's even if we consider Occam's razor. Is Christianity itself a target? That's harder to prove. But Christians, at this time? Absolutely.

As for who's angered by it, that would be everyone who's capable of feeling the tiniest bit of sympathy for people who died horribly in a terrorist attack. I don't know why it specifically needs to be the "far right".

Remarkable how there wasn't this much pussy-footing around after the Christchurch shooting. Is there really that much of a difference between Sri Lankans and New Zealanders? :think:

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Easter in Florida....https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... Q37SuTMRIQ

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I could imagine a world where one is a desirable prerequisite for the other.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:54 am
Still on the subject of music: I'm a huge fan of Manson. Don't get me wrong, I understand the "played for shock-value" factor, some call it showmanship, but I still enjoy his sense of humour, twisted content and the music itself. Of particular note, the "Eat me, drink me" album, a release which cost him droves of fans, is a particular highlight. Perhaps it was the slight shift towards a more gothic feel? Anyway, the title track is particularly good (based upon "Alice In Wonderland") but for me, "If I Was Your Vampire" is the highlight of the album - gloomy, warped and darker than a goth's taint!

Love this track!
A little bit of Boh Runga and Stellar*. Excellent album and a great set of pipes.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... 3,200_.jpg

I wrote a fan letter to Sergio Aragones today, after meeting Groo's dog on the street.

https://i.imgur.com/vkAh6o4.jpg?1

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Pitchguest wrote:

ht..tps://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1120394483445710848?s=21
This is almost the exact same rhetoric being used by the media to downplay the fact that white farmers are being, or have been, murdered in South Africa. That this is something that's being touted by the "far right" and so if you say anything to that effect you must be "far right" and thus your opinion are more easily dismissed.

I think it's nuts. I mean, if multiple explosions occur at churches in Sri Lanka, then at the very least a likely conclusion is that Christians in Sri Lanka are being targeted. That's even if we consider Occam's razor. Is Christianity itself a target? That's harder to prove. But Christians, at this time? Absolutely.

As for who's angered by it, that would be everyone who's capable of feeling the tiniest bit of sympathy for people who died horribly in a terrorist attack. I don't know why it specifically needs to be the "far right".

Remarkable how there wasn't this much pussy-footing around after the Christchurch shooting. Is there really that much of a difference between Sri Lankans and New Zealanders? :think:
Misrepresentation, black and white labeling and the use of strawmen is a common rhetorical weapon of liberals in general. It occurs instinctively and in lieu of actual thought.

This is partially why no western country has ever had an honest and open immigration debate.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I'm a dental-skeptic. Like an anti-vaxxer, but I think dentistry is a quack industry. The Atlantic sez I'm right...

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ry/586039/

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Rufferto...I think...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Bhurzum wrote:
At 4:30
"Can I speak now"
"Yeah"
"Can I speak without being interrupted"
"Er Yeah"

11 seconds later she interrupts. :lol:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

shoutinghorse wrote: At 4:30
"Can I speak now"
"Yeah"
"Can I speak without being interrupted"
"Er Yeah"

11 seconds later she interrupts. :lol:
Yup, as I said in the comments section, you can spot the exacxt moment she goes full-feminist; eyes roll back into skull, mouth opens, spews a string of tired, scripted, fake-outrage filled nonsense.

Never go full-feminist.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

lol!
MMA fighter punches man after spotting him ‘masturbating’ on beach
https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/23/mma-figh ... h-9288914/

:lol:

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

John D wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:00 am
Does anyone else share this problem with me? I find that I can't stand much of the music I listened to in the 1970s and 1980s. So much of it now sounds like childish, stick-it-to-the-man, bullshit. I guess I have changed, but the music doesn't change.
Not something I've had a problem with: I'm in the midst of a massive Deep Purple (c. 1974) binge. I think what happened for me, was that I got out of the habit of listening to all my old faves, and moved on (oddly, to classical, and then to early music). Now, being on a bit of a revisit, all the old stuff is both really fresh, and at the same time a familiar comfort. And I don't really find much comes over as 'childish, stick-it-to-the-man, bullshit' or similar.

Pseudomonas

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote: lol!

He just needs to step in with a jab while she is winding up with that roundhouse.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Pitchguest wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:25 pm

According to this Xtians are persecuted more than any other religious group.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFhUfRSH8os
Europe bends over backward to appease the Muslim world and encourage cultural exchange and understanding with the Middle East, by which they mean let lots of Muslims into Europe and compromise European norms to accommodate them. In return, the Middle East allows persecution of Xtians, builds mosques in Europe and sends over radical imams. Some exchange! Xtians are being persecuted by Islamists in non-Xtian majority parts of the world and now have to keep their mouths shut while their persecutors make inroads into Xtian nations. I don't condone violence, but you can understand why anti-Islamist terror happens. There IS a war against the West and Xtianity underway and Western leaders are doing their utmost to deny it and crack down on resistance. If you don't want to see Sharia eventually come to your nation then what are your options? I fear that nations like Britain no longer have enough belief in themselves to resort to a local Viktor Orban, which is what is required at this point.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:54 am
Bhurzum wrote: lol!

He just needs to step in with a jab while she is winding up with that roundhouse.
I wonder how forgiving the police would be if a man punched a woman because she wasn't responding to his request? You go boy? Seriously, her go to option was punching the guy and the police have nothing to say about it? Or maybe the real reason he was released was to protect the woman from prosecution for her roid rage.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Ban rucksacks :cry:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote: He just needs to step in with a jab while she is winding up with that roundhouse.
Just yell "I'm hungry" and her female insincts will kick-in. As she stops to look for the nearest sammich making ingredients, you safely slip away.

Simples.

(pulling on my flak armour and helmet after I post this!)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well KiwiInOz - was suggesting giving her a poke.

I'm sure that others would agree...

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Pseudomonas wrote:
John D wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:00 am
Does anyone else share this problem with me? I find that I can't stand much of the music I listened to in the 1970s and 1980s. So much of it now sounds like childish, stick-it-to-the-man, bullshit. I guess I have changed, but the music doesn't change.
Not something I've had a problem with: I'm in the midst of a massive Deep Purple (c. 1974) binge. I think what happened for me, was that I got out of the habit of listening to all my old faves, and moved on (oddly, to classical, and then to early music). Now, being on a bit of a revisit, all the old stuff is both really fresh, and at the same time a familiar comfort. And I don't really find much comes over as 'childish, stick-it-to-the-man, bullshit' or similar.

Pseudomonas
But was Burn better than Machine Head? Heretic that I am, I prefer 'Mistreated' to 'Smoke on the Water', but then again, I even kinda like their 1969 Concerto for Group and Orchestra.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: Well KiwiInOz - was suggesting giving her a poke.

I'm sure that others would agree...
Never stick your dick in crazy.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

The water around me would be deepest brown.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Stop? He was probably jerking off to the fantasy of being pummeled by an MMA fighter.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John Lennon claimed the Beatles were bigger than Jesus Christ, but Ian Gillan was Jesus Christ.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Portuguese isn't hard to understand when you know other latinate languages:
Joice Vieira, una luchadora, golpeó a un acosador que se masturbaba cuando ella y una amiga posaban para tomarse fotos
Joice Vieira, a wrestlerette, clocked an asshole as he masturbated when she and a girlfriend passed by (with thong-ass pix).