You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
John D

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by John D »

Brive1987 wrote:
Hunt wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:06 am
shoutinghorse wrote: I'm always amazed at just how little Americans know about the rest of the world.
View some of Jay Leno's youtube videos on the (atrocious) level of American geographical knowledge. Some of us barely know that Mexico is to our south and Canada to our north. I just checked the numbers, and Americans travel a lot -- intranationally. Relatively few travel internationally, and only half have passports. I doubt the cause is xenophobia (with the exception of Latin America). The US is huge, varied, and I think most Americans think their vacation needs can be met w/o leaving the country. It's also hard, and expensive to go anywhere (except Canada). The distances are daunting. It's not like in Europe where you can hop, skip and jump, and baboom, you're in another country.
Especially in the good ol’ days it was the distance and expense that made OS travel a rite of passage, esp for Australian youth. It was also a sign of relative sophistication to have hot out of town so to speak. These days there really isn’t any excuse for not seeing the world. And from the crowds in Europe, the world would seem to agree.

I’d concur though that America is a universe unto itself. Both culturally and physically. You could spend your life exploring its exotica.
Just took a two week trip in my daughter's RV.... Memphis, Vicksburg, New Orleans, Everglades, Key West, Atlanta. We put on 5000 miles. There is so much to see right here in the good ole USofA. I have been to Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria... etc. and love international travel.... but... with the kind of stuff you can find in the US.... well... you can be pretty satisfied staying in a place that uses the same currency and speaks the same language.

Some places in the world can't be beat by the US... for sure. But there is a lot here.

Also, I gotta say... most people in the world are pretty fucking stupid.... not just the Americans.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

You were in Atlanta? Dang you should have messaged me. We could have gotten a beer.

John D

Post by John D »

Key West
IMG_1776.jpg
(123.57 KiB) Downloaded 425 times

John D

Post by John D »

comhcinc wrote: You were in Atlanta? Dang you should have messaged me. We could have gotten a beer.
Only spent the day at the aquarium.... youall have an outstanding aquarium!

We stayed the night in Macon... drove to Altanta... saw the aquarium... and then drove to Kentucky to camp for the night. Our little class B RV is super mobile. You can park it downtown, sleep at the Malmart, and drive your ass off. (I highly recommend sleeping in a Walmart parking lot in an RV at least once in your life)

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

The aquarium in Chattanooga is better. I spent my birthday in Macon. GF got a hotel room and we went to the flea market there and the air force museum.

Glad you are having a good time.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Twitter ban in 3...2...1...

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Bhurzum wrote: Twitter ban in 3...2...1...

https://twitter.com/
Still there.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

What the hell...forum time is off. Thought I was posting this an hour after yours.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Holy crap. Hulk Hogan for president would be awesome.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Like Amerian's would ever put an alliterative actor in the White House.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

A "Fat Sex Therapist" recently gave a talk at St. Olaf College in Minnesota, in which she compared personal trainers to Nazis... on the topic of “radical fat liberation.” The talk included assertions that fitness contributed to the recent Christchurch shooting, that people should "challenge" the rule of law, as well as the authority of and the police.

“Tonight we're gonna start by talking about how to politicize our definition of body image,” Rashatwar began, “because oftentimes we actually get stuck thinking of it from a white supremacist lense.” She explained how “white supremacy happens every day in all these little little things.”
Suggest final solution to save humanity - quarantine all millennials until they prove they aren't all this fucking stupid.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=12142

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Fuck me, she looks like Jeanette Krankie with an internal blue whale infestation.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Or Auntie Marge.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

“This conversation about pushing off our own wellbeing onto the individual is part of these 1980s Reagan era policies that again try to move that structural obligation of a system and this social safety net onto the individual," Rashatwar said, "instead of thinking that there should be social supports that also help me to subsidize my food costs."
Somebody give me a CHEESEburger!

10 points for recognizing the lyric without searching!

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

John D wrote: Just took a two week trip in my daughter's RV.... Memphis, Vicksburg, New Orleans, Everglades, Key West, Atlanta. We put on 5000 miles. There is so much to see right here in the good ole USofA. I have been to Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria... etc. and love international travel.... but... with the kind of stuff you can find in the US.... well... you can be pretty satisfied staying in a place that uses the same currency and speaks the same language.

Some places in the world can't be beat by the US... for sure. But there is a lot here.

Also, I gotta say... most people in the world are pretty fucking stupid.... not just the Americans.
I fully understand why most Americans stay at home for their holibobs, I myself have only visited a handful of European countries but none of that is an excuse for not picking up an altas and educating yourself as the where everyone else lives. I've seen videos of Americans (lots of them :shock:) pointing to Russia on the map when asked to point to the USA. I have met a few thick Brits in my time but I'm pretty sure they'd be able to point to their own country on a map.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

A follow up on the Scruton hit job by George Eaton at the New Statesman, Douglas Murray of the Spectator has acquired the original full interview tape - which shows what was significantly left out of the printed article, as I said, not a fan of Scruton one bit, but I know a stitch up when I see it .
Spectator limits free article viewing so try incognito mode if you run out of free readings -
Normally a prolific tweeter, Eaton as not been heard of on Twitter for the last couple of weeks since he posted a half apology for his tweets while standing by the accuracy of the interview.

PS. Decided to post the article anyway below.
Sometimes a scandal is not just a scandal, but a biopsy of a society. So it is with the assault on Sir Roger Scruton, who in recent weeks has been smeared in the media, fired by the government and had his life’s work assailed. Scruton is the latest, though far from the first victim of the modern outrage mob.

It is now four years since the Nobel prize-winning scientist Tim Hunt was fired by University College London (among other institutions who were lucky to have him). That happened after one member of the audience at a conference in Korea tweeted something he had said about working with women and professed outrage at the comment’s alleged sexism. None of the institutions which dropped Hunt asked if there was any case for the defence. They all just behaved as almost everyone in authority now does: they saw a potential fight and ran. And though they left their man behind — as is also the new way — they also relied on the assumption that the world would soon forget and everyone (except the trampled victim) would move on.

In January, we saw the Covington Boys scandal in America, when a group of schoolboys became the subject of a two-minute hate for allegedly surrounding and taunting a native American tribal elder. By the time the facts came out (there had been no taunting, the boys had done nothing wrong) they had been denounced as racists in front of millions. But if winning a Nobel prize in science is no mitigation in being falsely accused, what chance do schoolboys or the rest of us have? Anyone, it seems, can claim a scalp using Twitter: twist the words of your victim and let the outrage mob do the rest.

The hit job on Sir Roger can be seen as a classic of the genre: he was sacked within five hours of the Twitter storm breaking. His fate offers a perfect case study in the art of modern character assassination. Except that in this instance, it unravelled and the whole nature of the trick can now be exposed. It is worth examining in some detail.

Last month, Scruton agreed to be interviewed in his London flat by George Eaton, one of the deputy editors of the New Statesman. In November the philosopher had been appointed to be the unpaid chair of a government quango called ‘Building better, building beautiful’, but Scruton was led to believe that the discussion would be about his books, a number of which had recently been reissued.

The lunchtime before the resulting interview’s publication, Eaton declared on Twitter that ‘the government adviser and philosopher Roger Scruton has made a series of outrageous remarks’, and included a link to the interview. The supposed offences were listed with salivation. Scruton was alleged to have talked outrageously about ‘Hungarian Jews’. He was alleged to have been racist about ‘the Chinese’. He was alleged to have described ‘Islamophobia’ as ‘a propaganda word invented by the Muslim Brotherhood in order to stop discussion of a major issue’. He had described accusations of anti-Semitism against Viktor Orban as ‘nonsense’ and talked of Muslim ‘tribes’. Outrage and resignation calls soon followed. The perfect Twitter storm had been started.

In response, the Conservative MP Tom Tugendhat issued a condemnation of racism — which, as he must have known would happen, was reported as a call for Scruton’s firing. His fellow Conservative MP (and fellow former soldier) Johnny Mercer declared that sacking Scruton was now a ‘no brainer’ — adding, slightly too revealingly: ‘Let’s not take our time on this.’ Thus did two Conservative leadership wannabes thoughtlessly throw one of Britain’s only conservative thinkers before the mob. George Osborne of the Evening Standard joined in condemning Scruton for his ‘bigoted remarks’ and calling for his sacking. Lord Finkelstein of the Times agreed. By teatime James Brokenshire, the minister who had appointed Scruton last autumn, had announced that he had been fired.

This was treated with jubilation — especially by Eaton, who posted on Instagram (and subsequently deleted) a photo of himself online necking a bottle of champagne. His caption: ‘The feeling when you get right-wing racist and homophobe Roger Scruton sacked as a Tory government adviser.’

The rest of the media piled in: ‘PM’s housing guru Roger Scruton sacked after going on racist rant,’ read one headline the next day. ‘No. 10 adviser sacked over “white supremacist” views,’ ran another, the additional libel having been added courtesy of the Labour MP Dawn Butler.

But what had the philosopher actually said — and had he been fairly represented? No one who called for his resignation tried to find out. Not Mercer, Tugendhat, Finkelstein, Osborne, Brokenshire or any of the rest of them. The story was too good. Scruton later asked for the tape of the interview that got him sacked to be released, so everyone could hear what he said (or did not say). Many others then joined this call, but Mr Eaton went very quiet. Having acquired a copy of the recording of the interview, I know why.

Rather than a set of ‘outrageous’ remarks, let alone a ‘rant’, the recording shows Scruton speaking in his usual calm, thoughtful, professorial manner (though audibly labouring through a chest infection). Eaton asks the following question of a man he will subsequently label a ‘homophobe’: ‘On homosexuality you’ve been criticised by some for saying, for instance, homosexuality’s not normal. But that seems to be a statement of fact…’ This is said with a laugh. Answering, Scruton carefully explains his views on homosexuality, saying his remarks came from a book about sexual desire that he wrote 30 years ago. ‘I actually argued that it’s not a perversion,’ he says. ‘But that it is different. Then people take little sentences out of context.’ He adds that ‘the learned editors of [the website] Buzzfeed’ like to take such remarks out of context and ‘put together a kind of patchwork of offences without bothering to examine arguments or anything like that. So you get caricatured as a particular kind of thing. As though you were somebody who wants to stone homosexuals to death or something. Just because you said that it’s different.’

And the supposedly ‘outrageous remarks’ about ‘Hungarian Jews’? It is an interesting reminiscence about Viktor Orban. Scruton has known Orban since communist days and criticised him. ‘I think power has gone to his head,’ he says. ‘He’s made some decisions which are very popular with the Hungarian people. Because the Hungarians were extremely alarmed by this sudden invasion of, um, huge tribes of Muslims from the Middle East. And you have to remember that their history of their relation with Islam is not a happy one.’

Is ‘invasion’ the most diplomatic word to use about the migrant wave of 2015? Perhaps not (at another point, Scruton talks about how Momentum ‘invaded’ the Labour party) but the question really ought to be: does the government regard use of this word as a sackable offence?

He is invited to recall that he had previously been accused of anti-Semitism for using the phrase ‘Soros empire’. ‘Is that what I did wrong?’ he laughs. ‘I was talking about Hungary at the time, wasn’t I? And anybody who doesn’t think that there’s a Soros empire in Hungary has not observed the facts.’ The facts, in this case, are that the Soros operation is famously large. But how can this remark be seen to be anti-Semitic? By not including what he said next. ‘It’s not necessarily an empire of Jews — I mean that’s such nonsense.’ He then laments the ‘legacy of anti-Semitism in Hungary’, adding ‘If you had a political movement in Hungary which excluded the Jews in some way you’d be damn foolish, because they are the ones with the minds.’ A little harsh on Hungarian gentiles, perhaps, but hardly an example of the anti-Semitism his interviewer would accuse him of once he’d left.

Again and again, Eaton tries to lure Scruton on incendiary matters (‘Some conservatives would say knife crime is really a black problem’) but to no avail. After laboriously trying to get comment on the leadership contenders in both main parties, he finally asks: ‘How do you feel about humanity’s future?’ Scruton is a bit thrown. ‘Um, gosh. You’re talking about all the trans-humanist stuff or all that?’

Eventually he goes on to say: ‘I think there are difficulties around the corner that we are ignoring, like the rise of China. There is something quite frightening about the Chinese sort of mass politics and the regimentation of the ordinary being. I think that the… We invent robots, and they are in a sense creating robots out of their own people, by so constraining what can be done that each Chinese person is a kind of replica of the next one and that’s a very frightening thing. Maybe I don’t know enough about it to be confident in making that judgment but the politics is like that, and the foreign policy is like that. And the concentration camps have come back, largely there to “re-educate” the Muslims and so on.’

So not a racist rant, but a measured and careful expression of concern about the Chinese authorities, concluding with a reference to the appalling mistreatment of China’s Uighur Muslims. A reference that was never included in the interview since it would complicate the picture of the philosopher as an ‘intemperate’ bigot. As would his similarly unpublished observation that ‘Muslims who settle into the Meccan way of life are obviously perfect citizens. They have the inner serenity that the citizen should have. We ought to learn to appreciate that — and encourage it.’ Hardly the cry of the vicious anti-Muslim figure Eaton would go on to describe.

These manipulations of Scruton’s words had their desired effect. In a way, the Scruton case offers a parable of our times. For generations, interviewers have sought to make mischief with quotes — but before, they tended not to result in people being fired before teatime. There is now an established pattern. Once an ostensibly reputable source spins a line, the Twittersphere finds its latest object of outrage. As soon as prominent people join the mob (celebrities, activists), the campaign against the individual intensifies. Weak politicians who want to be seen to be reacting fast try not to get caught behind developments. As Henry Kissinger said recently: ‘Information threatens to overwhelm wisdom.’

But while certain Conservative politicians seem set on appeasing what they take to be the spirit of the age, they might have misjudged the turn. Soon after Scruton’s sacking, it started to become apparent that the quotations had been manipulated and that the philosopher had lost his job because government had cowered in front of the mob. Jason Cowley, the magazine’s editor-in-chief, said: ‘The New Statesman takes journalistic good practice seriously. As any responsible media organisation would, we are conducting an internal review in light of allegations of misrepresentation. George Eaton has already apologised for his behaviour on social media and his thoughtless Instagram post, which he deleted.’ Mercer and Tugendhat both ended up being forced to issue half-apologies. Those who were most angry were young people, who have grown to loathe this social media hate-mongering.

Their instincts are right. Our world is replete with complex matters that need discussing. We need philosophers, thinkers and even politicians of courage to help us find our way through this. We live in the age of character assassination. What we now desperately need is a counter-revolution based on the importance of individuals over mobs, the primacy of truth over offence, and the necessity of free-thought over this bland, dumb and ill-conceived uniformity.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/04/the ... n-hit-job/

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

shoutinghorse wrote:
John D wrote: Just took a two week trip in my daughter's RV.... Memphis, Vicksburg, New Orleans, Everglades, Key West, Atlanta. We put on 5000 miles. There is so much to see right here in the good ole USofA. I have been to Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria... etc. and love international travel.... but... with the kind of stuff you can find in the US.... well... you can be pretty satisfied staying in a place that uses the same currency and speaks the same language.

I fully understand why most Americans stay at home for their holibobs, I myself have only visited a handful of European countries but none of that is an excuse for not picking up an altas and educating yourself as the where everyone else lives. I've seen videos of Americans (lots of them :shock:) pointing to Russia on the map when asked to point to the USA. I have met a few thick Brits in my time but I'm pretty sure they'd be able to point to their own country on a map.
I've been all over the globe, too many fly-blown shitholes to name. Thankfully, as part of PDT (pre-deployment training), we are given a fairly intensive data-burst on the theatre in question (location, political factions, language(s) spoken, military ORBAT, civvy demographics etc) and as a result, I'm fairly clued up when it comes to geography.

However, I can confirm the self-evident: there are geographically challenged people everywhere. For example - my sister-in-law thought Iraq shared a border with Mexico - seriously! She also knew that Iraq invaded Kuwait and that Kuwait is in Arabia. When I asked her about this, you could see the lumps move under her scalp as the gears started to turn...the burning smell was awful!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3DR2ObgiBko/hqdefault.jpg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I'm not sure I could find New Zealand on a map.

But this has already been discussed.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: I'm not sure I could find New Zealand on a map.

Get a copy of this...

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... 3,200_.jpg

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Some of you may remember my sense of humour.

I believe I mentioned once my great temptation at the municipal dump when asked "what do you have for us today" and my self restraint in not saying "human body parts".

Right now, I am having to struggle with myself from tweeting on Twatter about the #737Max and how there would be only one reason for me to get on one ... if it was going to fly near the World Trade Center for instance.

I doubt that one would go down well for some reason.

Change my mind?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

AndrewV69 wrote: Some of you may remember my sense of humour.

I believe I mentioned once my great temptation at the municipal dump when asked "what do you have for us today" and my self restraint in not saying "human body parts".

Right now, I am having to struggle with myself from tweeting on Twatter about the #737Max and how there would be only one reason for me to get on one ... if it was going to fly near the World Trade Center for instance.

I doubt that one would go down well for some reason.

Change my mind?
We're cut from the same cloth. Many moons ago, I was viewing a new car in a showroom (Saab 95, was after a family-functional highway eater) and when the salesman opened the boot/trunk, I poked my head in, took a quick look then asked him "How many women do you think I could fit in there?" My deadpan delivery freaked him the fuck out and he was seriously upset. My (at the time) wife rolled her eyes and told me to stop torturing the guy - a very poor choice of words... ;)

Decided not to buy the car.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote:

Get a copy of this...

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... 3,200_.jpg
I'm not shouldering that burden...and in any case from what I've heard Middle-Earth (or at least The Shires) are somewhere near Oxford.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I'm halway through the 2nd season on 'Top Of the Lake' (Netflix) and am under the assumption that all New Zealand and Australian men are mysoginistic halfwits who will rape every woman on sight. Luckily we've got Peggy from Mad Men and the big albino bird from Game of Thrones to save them all.

:o

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Oh dear - it'll only make sense if you understand a smattering of Jockanese banter:

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Bhurzum wrote:
We're cut from the same cloth. Many moons ago, I was viewing a new car in a showroom (Saab 95, was after a family-functional highway eater) and when the salesman opened the boot/trunk, I poked my head in, took a quick look then asked him "How many women do you think I could fit in there?" My deadpan delivery freaked him the fuck out and he was seriously upset. My (at the time) wife rolled her eyes and told me to stop torturing the guy - a very poor choice of words... ;)

Decided not to buy the car.
I was impressed with your need for, shall we say "trunk" space, until I realised you meant the Saab 9-5 and not the 95. The old 95 wagon would satisfy the most prolific need for, err, your friends.

9-5:
SAAB-9-5.jpg
(88.17 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
95:
Saab95.jpg
(478.13 KiB) Downloaded 335 times

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

screwtape wrote: I was impressed with your need for, shall we say "trunk" space, until I realised you meant the Saab 9-5 and not the 95. The old 95 wagon would satisfy the most prolific need for, err, your friends.
Ah, my bad. Yes, it was the 2005 (roughly) model of 9-5.

https://parkers-images.bauersecure.com/ ... _sal05.jpg

Geeky note: the most impressive thing about the car, copious trunk space notwithstanding, was the driver-side cup holder - a little vertical ridge, spring-loaded, that when pushed, pops out and turns horizontal to reveal the cup hole. Hard to explain but very cool/nerdy.

Bugger me, there's an image of it...

https://www.rendcarparts.com/20.0.0.4/4 ... b371f7.png

You'd need to play with it to truly "get" how cool it is. Or not. Whatevs.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

LOL!

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Saw the same design of cupholder in the Subaru Legacy my wife had twenty years ago. Proper Saabs have no cupholders.

BTW, this will interest some, about the making of the Battle of Britain movie:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

HunnyBunny wrote:
A "Fat Sex Therapist" recently gave a talk at St. Olaf College in Minnesota, in which she compared personal trainers to Nazis... on the topic of “radical fat liberation.”

“... because oftentimes we actually get stuck....”
I bet she does.

sonalee-rashatwar.jpg
(154.94 KiB) Downloaded 331 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

:lol:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

shoutinghorse wrote: I'm halway through the 2nd season on 'Top Of the Lake' (Netflix) and am under the assumption that all New Zealand and Australian men are mysoginistic halfwits who will rape every woman on sight. Luckily we've got Peggy from Mad Men and the big albino bird from Game of Thrones to save them all.

:o
I just finished Broadchurch 3: All Men Have A Rape Switch, in which Wessex also becomes the It's A Small World Ride at Disneyland.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:
A "Fat Sex Therapist" recently gave a talk at St. Olaf College in Minnesota, in which she compared personal trainers to Nazis... on the topic of “radical fat liberation.”

“... because oftentimes we actually get stuck....”
I bet she does.
The only time her fat gets liberated is when her belt gives up, her buttons ricochet of the walls and there's a blubbery mud-slide-exodus from her huge fucking knickers. Jesus...sex therapist? You gotta be having a laugh!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Bhurzum wrote: However, I can confirm the self-evident: there are geographically challenged people everywhere. For example - my sister-in-law thought Iraq shared a border with Mexico - seriously! She also knew that Iraq invaded Kuwait and that Kuwait is in Arabia. When I asked her about this, you could see the lumps move under her scalp as the gears started to turn...the burning smell was awful!
I still recall the start of the Falklands war, and talk of how a good number of people were perplexed that no-one had noticed the Argies invading an island off the coast of Scotland.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I guess Falkland and Faroe sound similar enough in passing...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

US & Australia - are familiar enough.
Israel looks like a shoe.
Italy is a boot kicking a ball (Sicily).
NZ is a upside down broken leg.
I think I could also spot Africa, India, South America, Canada the Artic & Antartica on a map. Familiar enough with the UK & Ireland. Maybe France and Spain. And Japan.

But all the continental countries tend to blend into one after that. And the island ones are interchangeable.

What are the tips / tricks for telling one from the other? (ie that you had to learn to pass geography in school).

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

My problem is, that the bastards keep renaming places.
Part of my brain: Where’s Sri Lanka?
Other part of brain: It used to be Ceylon.
POB: Okay, how about Myanmar?
OPOB: Burma.
POB: Mumbai?
OPOB: Bombay.
POB: Avaiki Nui?
OPOB: WTF?

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

MarcusAu wrote: US & Australia - are familiar enough.
Israel looks like a shoe.
Italy is a boot kicking a ball (Sicily).
NZ is a upside down broken leg.
I think I could also spot Africa, India, South America, Canada the Artic & Antartica on a map. Familiar enough with the UK & Ireland. Maybe France and Spain. And Japan.

But all the continental countries tend to blend into one after that. And the island ones are interchangeable.

What are the tips / tricks for telling one from the other? (ie that you had to learn to pass geography in school).
There are a zillion geography mnemonics:

Great lakes: HOMES (Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior)
Central America: Big Gorillas Eat Hotdogs, Not Cold Pizza (Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama)
North Africa: Many African Tourists Like Elephants (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt)
etc.

But given that four of the seven continents begin with "A", Eat An Apple As A Nighttime Snack doesn't really help much.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Ceylon used to be Serendip.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I knew we would get back to the fall of Europe eventually...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo0X77OBJUg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Berwick-upon-Tweed is technically in England, but they all sound suspiciously Scottish up there.

We need tighter border security.

John D

Post by John D »

4-25-2019 4-41-39 PM.jpg
(21.35 KiB) Downloaded 271 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Enough with the Shit Posting John.

John D

Post by John D »

MarcusAu wrote: Enough with the Shit Posting John.
Good weather + more money spent to help the homeless = more poop on the street. Anyone who thinks even a little bit like an economist saw this coming.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Jazz hands for Diane, but watch out for that giant crow.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote:
4-25-2019 4-41-39 PM.jpg
In 2011 just over 5500 incidents were logged. :-)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

When did Watson move there?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote: Oh dear - it'll only make sense if you understand a smattering of Jockanese banter:

My son's a vegan. I'll have to hit him with the cabbage supper.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Lsuoma wrote:
John D wrote:
4-25-2019 4-41-39 PM.jpg
How many reports were dumped, though?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Lsuoma wrote:
John D wrote:
4-25-2019 4-41-39 PM.jpg
I'm not very good at remembering names but I never forget faeces.

-

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
John D wrote:
4-25-2019 4-41-39 PM.jpg
I'm not very good at remembering names but I never forget faeces.

-
My understanding is that part of the problem comes from the fact that the city used to have a bunch of porta-potties downtown but Twitter or one of the other tech companies talked them into removing them. They must have thought that the homeless would leave when the porta-potties left. I guess the jokes on them.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

shoutinghorse wrote: Jazz hands for Diane, but watch out for that giant crow.

First an Assburger, now a mong. Climate Change Activism needs better spokespeople.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
John D wrote:
4-25-2019 4-41-39 PM.jpg
How many reports were dumped, though?
San Francisco is a real shithole.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

John D wrote: Key West
IMG_1776.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AdU3rY1.jpg

I am just going outside and may be some time

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Do it! Trust me, just bloody do it!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Jesus, actually seeing those jazz hands in action - that is some creepy, culty, scientology looking shit, ain't it. :shock:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Sri Lanka II: Electric Boogaloo?

Muslims...tsk.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Tigzy wrote:

Jesus, actually seeing those jazz hands in action - that is some creepy, culty, scientology looking shit, ain't it. :shock:
That giant crow is just an updated version of the invisible "Gorilla on the basketball" film experiment.
once you spot it , everything else suddenly becomes invisible.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Ouch! I almost feel sorry for the horrible, scruffy twat...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Youtube version...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Sargon has had his UKIP MEP campain twitter shut down after Sky news call him a racist and ablist. Apparently a racist video has 'emerged' from 2015, emerged meaning one of the 100's of videos openly available on his channels.

Seems the dirty dirty smear merchants don't like being called dirty dirty smear merchants. :think:

https://news.sky.com/story/carl-benjami ... s-11704447