The Trump Dump!

Double wank and shit chips
Old_ones

Re: The Trump Dump!

Post by Old_ones »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: I would place going about and doing someone else’s job for them because shit has to get done into a different category to BLM street protests and Antifa virtue signalling. You appear to prefer a potpourri.

But you’re probably right, I’m sure I’m the confused one here. :bjarte:
Especially funny that the vigilantes and most of those supporting them, including yourself, profess to be Christians. I'm not Christian myself, so you'll have to explain how Christ would be out in the desert rounding up poor people (rich immigrants, illegal or not, get through much more comfortably) including women and children. Somehow, these actions don't seem very Christ-like to this heathen.
For me the funnier part was that the vigilante trying to "[do ICE's] job for them because shit has to get done" was himself a convicted felon. Maybe he heard Donald Trump ranting about all the criminals coming from Mexico, and got scared they would take his job.

:twatson:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CFB PZ:
So here I am, disgusted. I am going to vote for whoever wins the Democratic party nomination, and I will say it loud and clear ahead of time, even if it’s a Mayor Pete or an Uncle Joe, because the number one priority for the country is to first get rid of that asshole in the White House, and number two priority is to bury the Republican party. Yet I hate that I’m trapped in this two-party system, and I do not trust the Democratic party to fight for anything other than corporate sponsorship. That means I cannot bear to pay attention to the process, because the process is the problem.

I’ll walk into the primaries and vote my conscience (which at this point whispers “Warren” in my brain; could change), and then when the actual election roles around after a goddamn year and a half of misery, I’ll mark the ballot for whoever is opposite Trump, which means the Democrats could nominate a chimpanzee and they’ll get my vote. Which does not make me happy.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote: I would place going about and doing someone else’s job for them because shit has to get done into a different category to BLM street protests and Antifa virtue signalling. You appear to prefer a potpourri.

Especially funny that the vigilantes and most of those supporting them, including yourself, profess to be Christians. I'm not Christian myself, so you'll have to explain how Christ would be out in the desert rounding up poor people (rich immigrants, illegal or not, get through much more comfortably) including women and children. Somehow, these actions don't seem very Christ-like to this heathen.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Old_ones wrote:

For me the funnier part was that the vigilante trying to "[do ICE's] job for them because shit has to get done" was himself a convicted felon. Maybe he heard Donald Trump ranting about all the criminals coming from Mexico, and got scared they would take his job.

:twatson:
Oh I don’t know if he is an effective response to the symptoms of over-committed Border Patrol resources. But he, and his fellow militiamen, suggest a vacuum being filled. Those mobs on their knees didn’t come from central casting.

It is amusing he wasn’t arrested for going all minuteman, but rather for possessing weapons while being a felon of some (undisclosed) sort.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: ht..tps://mobile.twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/1118886421333463041
I recall a typical TDS/jackass conversation here around Trump’s comment that pilots not computers should fly planes.

I believe the counter argument was something along the lines of “I live in Seattle and know Boeing people and Trump is clearly advocating a return to the Wright Bros. Ergo, Orange Man Bad”

FT has posted an interesting article on the main thread. By a pilot.
MCAS is implemented in the flight management computer, even at times when the autopilot is turned off, when the pilots think they are flying the plane. In a fight between the flight management computer and human pilots over who is in charge, the computer will bite humans until they give up and (literally) die.
In my Cessna, humans still win a battle of the wills every time. That used to be a design philosophy of every Boeing aircraft, as well, and one they used against their archrival Airbus, which had a different philosophy. But it seems that with the 737 Max, Boeing has changed philosophies about human/machine interaction as quietly as they’ve changed their aircraft operating manuals.
It is likely that MCAS, originally added in the spirit of increasing safety, has now killed more people than it could have ever saved. It doesn’t need to be “fixed” with more complexity, more software. It needs to be removed altogether.
Seems like sage advice. But the author probably lives on the east coast.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: ht..tps://mobile.twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/1118886421333463041
I recall a typical TDS/jackass conversation here around Trump’s comment that pilots not computers should fly planes.

I believe the counter argument was something along the lines of “I live in Seattle and know Boeing people and Trump is clearly advocating a return to the Wright Bros. Ergo, Orange Man Bad”

MCAS is implemented in the flight management computer, even at times when the autopilot is turned off, when the pilots think they are flying the plane. In a fight between the flight management computer and human pilots over who is in charge, the computer will bite humans until they give up and (literally) die.
In my Cessna, humans still win a battle of the wills every time. That used to be a design philosophy of every Boeing aircraft, as well, and one they used against their archrival Airbus, which had a different philosophy. But it seems that with the 737 Max, Boeing has changed philosophies about human/machine interaction as quietly as they’ve changed their aircraft operating manuals.
It is likely that MCAS, originally added in the spirit of increasing safety, has now killed more people than it could have ever saved. It doesn’t need to be “fixed” with more complexity, more software. It needs to be removed altogether.
Troll gotta troll, eh? Still convinced that Trump was right to do a victory lap for the Mueller report? Because it seems Trump has changed his tune. And planes are still safer with computers, nor will a minority opinion change either Boeing or Airbus, both of whom probably know what they're doing. You may have noticed airline safety is not plunging in the decade plus that computers have been given a larger role in flying. But you're a sycophant; anything Trump says must be right, according to your "morality" and ethics, or lack thereof. By your comparison of me to PZ, you get compared to the Daily Stormer, with whom your only real disagreement is Jews.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:

Troll gotta troll, eh? Still convinced that Trump was right to do a victory lap for the Mueller report? Because it seems Trump has changed his tune. And planes are still safer with computers, nor will a minority opinion change either Boeing or Airbus, both of whom probably know what they're doing. You may have noticed airline safety is not plunging in the decade plus that computers have been given a larger role in flying. But you're a sycophant; anything Trump says must be right, according to your "morality" and ethics, or lack thereof. By your comparison of me to PZ, you get compared to the Daily Stormer, with whom your only real disagreement is Jews.
Well that was cogent.

Mueller? Unlike Watergate and Mr Clinton, there is no underlying crime of collusion. No determination on weak sauce obstruction, not even an “I can’t indict, but if I could ....”. In fact I think we are down to ‘conspiracy to obstruct’ aren’t we? :lol: Lots of evidence on the other hand that Trump’s more mercurial tendencies are being held in check. I’m surprised more blue blooded patriots aren’t cheering this news about your President.

Actually I’m not.

Planes and trains? If overall airline safety is the determining factor, why investigate any crash or make changes? But I see you are still running the “Trump wants no computers of any nature on aircraft” line. Which makes discussion pointless. Bidirectional trolling?

CFB: “Boeing and Airbus, both of whom seem to know what they are doing”

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... dCGGKaRNol

Maybe you could ask your Boeing mates to address the actual article. You appear to have nothing to add.

PZ vs Nazi equivalencies? Ignoring your competently executed “look a rabbit” wave, is there anything in PZ’s little upchuck you disagree with?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Clearly by “Mueller? Unlike Watergate and Mr Clinton, there is no underlying crime of collusion...”

I meant “Mueller? Unlike Watergate and Mr Clinton, there is no underlying crime (in this case the base underlying crime of collusion).

Obvious. By some here have a tendency to run amok with any ambiguous thread.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote: Clearly by “Mueller? Unlike Watergate and Mr Clinton, there is no underlying crime of collusion...”

I meant “Mueller? Unlike Watergate and Mr Clinton, there is no underlying crime (in this case the base underlying crime of collusion).

One word salad after another.

CaptainFluffyBunny

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/587785/
I wanted to share my experience transitioning from Trump team member to pragmatist about Trump to advocate for his impeachment, because I think many other Republicans are starting a similar transition. Politics is a team sport, and if you actively work within a political party, there is some expectation that you will follow orders and rally behind the leader, even when you disagree. There is a point, though, at which that expectation turns from a mix of loyalty and pragmatism into something more sinister, a blind devotion that serves to enable criminal conduct.

The Mueller report was that tipping point for me, and it should be for Republican and independent voters, and for Republicans in Congress. In the face of a Department of Justice policy that prohibited him from indicting a sitting president, Mueller drafted what any reasonable reader would see as a referral to Congress to commence impeachment hearings.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

:popcorn:

CaptainFluffyBunny

On Trump's rather bizarre assertion that he would appeal an impeachment to the SCOTUS.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote: Clearly by “Mueller? Unlike Watergate and Mr Clinton, there is no underlying crime of collusion...”

One word salad after another.
Your default fall back when once more your brain disengages. It’s starting to define you.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Hopefully in this we will see the balance of powers in the State's power coming into play. The system was designed with a variety of methods to check the power of bad actors.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Plotting to kill prominent Democrats, a couple of the more liberal SCOTUS judges, CNN anchors...how long until he's offered a job in Trump's White House?*

*That's a joke. He'll need to get a job at Fox News first.

CaptainFluffyBunny

The Great Negotiator.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUOsrE-XFLI

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Trump does a better job about vaccines....

But...

And this should not be forgotten-

CaptainFluffyBunny

Seems legit.

Keating

Post by Keating »

CaptainFluffyBunny

There's so much wrong with that, I don't know where to begin. Mueller explicitly found that Russia tried to interfere in US elections, that Trump team welcomed the help, that there is the strong possibility that if there wasn't obstruction into his probe, he might have proven collusion.

I noticed the article you posted was written well before the release of the redacted Mueller report. Give it a look-over and see if you believe that Trump is innocent and deserves to be POTUS.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... LBEaHIrsqc

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

And of course, this is undeniably true. Even the foremost Trump supporters become uncomfortable with the mere thought that a Democrat POTUS would act in the many ways Trump does. There seems to be this disturbing sense that there will be a total reset when Trump is gone, and the norms of politics will be magically restored. It shows clearly the tribalism that makes "it's okay when we do it" a new hypocritical norm. Some Democrats running for POTUS are already talking about abusing their office in the same ways Trump has, by executive action, etc. Not all of them have released their taxes. There have been some dangerous precedents set by Trump and cheered on by his fans that might come back to bite everyone in the ass.

Keating

Post by Keating »

There's so much wrong with that, I don't know where to begin. Mueller explicitly found that Russia tried to interfere in US elections, that Trump team welcomed the help, that there is the strong possibility that if there wasn't obstruction into his probe, he might have proven collusion.

I noticed the article you posted was written well before the release of the redacted Mueller report. Give it a look-over and see if you believe that Trump is innocent and deserves to be POTUS.

My thing is more that the media is terrible and needs a reckoning more than Trump is awesome.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oBx7Jg4m-o

CaptainFluffyBunny

Keating wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:56 am

My thing is more that the media is terrible and needs a reckoning more than Trump is awesome.
Some of the media got some things wrong, especially in opinion columns. None of the media is/was consistently partisan and wrong as the two prongs of MSNBC and Fox News. The rest got a lot of things right, especially in an era of sanctified lying from the pulpit. I do fully agree that news media shouldn't be a partisan endeavor. But much of it is declared partisan, or even an "enemy of the people" for reporting things people don't like. A disturbing trend.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Even the foremost Trump supporters become uncomfortable with the mere thought that a Democrat POTUS would act in the many ways Trump does. There seems to be this disturbing sense that there will be a total reset when Trump is gone, and the norms of politics will be magically restored. It shows clearly the tribalism that makes "it's okay when we do it" a new hypocritical norm. Some Democrats running for POTUS are already talking about abusing their office in the same ways Trump has, by executive action, etc. Not all of them have released their taxes. There have been some dangerous precedents set by Trump and cheered on by his fans that might come back to bite everyone in the ass.
They're counting on Republican-packed courts curtailing Dem power while letting Reps do as they please.

CaptainFluffyBunny

It's almost as though the people that were crowing about the Mueller Report being a dud or vindication for Trump were full of shit.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Barr was hired, as he always is, to clean up Republican messes.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Lindsey Graham is wailing about Hillary's email servers....

CaptainFluffyBunny

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

It's always strange to me how two people can read the same thing and come away with a totally different interpretation. No where in that article does he exonerate Trump, which it seems to be your avenue of attack in your litany quoted above to Keating and the author I assume.

They (the author) explicitly lay out all the shortcomings of the media in their zeal and how they got in bed with the intelligence agencies to produce this mess. They list example after example of stuff they got wrong, even the genesis of this thing in the Steel memo. If Mueller didn't find anything I would be amazed. As politicians, especially this one, are a corrupt lot. Yet your takeaway is that the author and Keating think Trump is innocent.

Not what I read.

Keating

Post by Keating »

A major reason Trump was able to get elected is the awfulness of the media. That's also pretty much been the raison d'état of the pit since day one. The coverage of elevatorgate, when it got general coverage, was always framed poorly. That problem has only grown and spread to all other areas of news. Even Ben Rhoades has said that most of the news media were idiots, with an average age of 27 and would call him to find out what was going on around the world because there weren't any foreign bureaus anymore. What Trump represents simply can't be defeated until the media actually starts to frame things honestly. There are real problems with the progressive, cosmopolitan or globalist worldview, whatever you want to call it, that simply don't get a hearing or immediately get the "everyone I don't like is Hitler" treatment. It is the elitism inherent in that world view that is the cause of much of the friction. What I'm still trying to decide is if the media has always been awful and we're only just noticing it more, or if this is a problem caused by the internet; a side effect of modernity.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Stankeye wrote:

It's always strange to me how two people can read the same thing and come away with a totally different interpretation. No where in that article does he exonerate Trump, which it seems to be your avenue of attack in your litany quoted above to Keating and the author I assume.

They (the author) explicitly lay out all the shortcomings of the media in their zeal and how they got in bed with the intelligence agencies to produce this mess. They list example after example of stuff they got wrong, even the genesis of this thing in the Steel memo. If Mueller didn't find anything I would be amazed. As politicians, especially this one, are a corrupt lot. Yet your takeaway is that the author and Keating think Trump is innocent.

Not what I read.
The author thought that the probe had cleared Trump of collusion; it clearly did not. It quite clearly is putting it on Congress to do their Constitutional jobs. It stated that Russiagate was this generation's WMD, when that is ridiculous, especially since there's demonstrable Russian problems in the election, the Trump Tower Meeting, etc. It was simply a risible article.

Certainly, a lot of press went too far in conjecture. A lot of press didn't go "too far enough" and continue to provide cover for a career criminal.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Stankeye wrote:

Not what I read.
The author thought that the probe had cleared Trump of collusion; it clearly did not. It quite clearly is putting it on Congress to do their Constitutional jobs. It stated that Russiagate was this generation's WMD, when that is ridiculous, especially since there's demonstrable Russian problems in the election, the Trump Tower Meeting, etc. It was simply a risible article.

Certainly, a lot of press went too far in conjecture. A lot of press didn't go "too far enough" and continue to provide cover for a career criminal.
Nobody wants to hear this, but news that Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller is headed home without issuing new charges is a death-blow for the reputation of the American news media.

As has long been rumored, the former FBI chief’s independent probe will result in multiple indictments and convictions, but no “presidency-wrecking” conspiracy charges, or anything that would meet the layman’s definition of “collusion” with Russia.
JFC, "Death knell"? Exaggerate much? "Anything that would meet the layman's definition of collusion" hahaha. Yeah, that ain't true. The whole article is edgy, contrarian dreck. The death knell of journalism is more exemplified by the author of the article. Hyperbole ranging in to speculation shading into lies.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

I'm sure that this is just coincidental, nothing to do with the possibility of Mueller testifying.

CaptainFluffyBunny

It's a good thing Trump says he's with Kim Jong-Un, or this would be a disheartening development. It's almost as though Trump is getting played while North Korea ramps up their nuclear weapon delivery system.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/nort ... e-n1002221

CaptainFluffyBunny

Womp womp.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Y'better watch out, otherwise you might get bullseyed in the canyon back home.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Jibes with my own experience as well. Sunk Cost Fallacy comes to mind...

CaptainFluffyBunny

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Trade wars are easy to win if you're China.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Sunder wrote: Trade wars are easy to win if you're China.
They are prepared to play the long game - so got Hong Kong back in the end.

CaptainFluffyBunny

That's what happens when you listen to Ramsay John Bolton.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

So, one has to wonder why the military buildup. Wagging the dog for distractions, or just plain nuts?

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Yay, our allies hate us! That'll show 'em.