You is all a bunch of poofs!

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4321

Post by shoutinghorse » Fri May 10, 2019 7:53 am

Premier league footballer is fined £5,000 by the FA for 'offensive' tweets he made six years ago, when he was 15. :naughty:


https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48 ... um=twitter

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4322

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Fri May 10, 2019 7:56 am

Sticky Dicky's renewed lawsuit get a mention at TFA:
https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... efamation/

And a good time was had by all.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 5439
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:40 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4323

Post by Gumby » Fri May 10, 2019 8:02 am

MarcusAu wrote: As far as atheist US presidents go - doesn't Trump qualify?
Does Trump worshipping himself count as 'religious'?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3954
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4324

Post by Bhurzum » Fri May 10, 2019 9:58 am

Gumby wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: As far as atheist US presidents go - doesn't Trump qualify?
Does Trump worshipping himself count as 'religious'?
Well, somebody has to believe in him.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3954
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4325

Post by Bhurzum » Fri May 10, 2019 10:56 am

BBC segment on the Danny Baker shit-fest:


Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3954
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4326

Post by Bhurzum » Fri May 10, 2019 1:57 pm

...and the witch-hunt intensifies:
Danny Baker being investigated by police over 'stupid' royal baby tweet that saw him sacked by BBC
https://www.itv.com/news/2019-05-10/dan ... aby-tweet/

:lol:

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4327

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Fri May 10, 2019 2:34 pm

Dickie's complaint vs. Skepticon is a hoot! Almost as lulzy as his semen fetish splooge on Ophie's blog:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nssfqsvrex6k5 ... d.pdf?dl=0

Jeezus, Lauren Lane is a retard.

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7067
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4328

Post by MarcusAu » Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 pm

Bhurzum wrote: ...and the witch-hunt intensifies:
Danny Baker being investigated by police over 'stupid' royal baby tweet that saw him sacked by BBC
https://www.itv.com/news/2019-05-10/dan ... aby-tweet/

:lol:
Well, he can always go back to Sniffin' Glue.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10612
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4329

Post by Lsuoma » Fri May 10, 2019 2:49 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Dickie's complaint vs. Skepticon is a hoot! Almost as lulzy as his semen fetish splooge on Ophie's blog:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nssfqsvrex6k5 ... d.pdf?dl=0

Jeezus, Lauren Lane is a retard.
Typo, top of page 2 - should be principal.

Guest_c513551d

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4330

Post by Guest_c513551d » Fri May 10, 2019 4:02 pm

Lsuoma wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:49 pm
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Dickie's complaint vs. Skepticon is a hoot! Almost as lulzy as his semen fetish splooge on Ophie's blog:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nssfqsvrex6k5 ... d.pdf?dl=0

Jeezus, Lauren Lane is a retard.
Typo, top of page 2 - should be principal.
Skepchick just dragged Sara Mayhew into a comparison war. There may be more troubles ahead........

“Many years ago I was regularly harassed by a batty woman named Sara Mayhew. She did a lot of truly shitty things to both me and the other Skepchick writers, and her usual MO was to lie about, well, everything. For instance she claimed that I once made anti-semitic jokes about her, saying someone overheard me at a bar in Austin, Texas. A bar that I was never in, because it doesn’t actually exist. Also I had no idea she was Jewish. Despite that, she managed to get a Jewish anti-bullying organization to offer to help her.

She said a lot of things over the years that could definitely fall under the category of “defamatory,” and by the time the Jewish stuff came up I finally spoke with a lawyer. And the lawyer wisely pointed out that, essentially, she’s clearly a moron, and legal action would not get her to shut up. In fact, it might make her even more annoying. Ultimately, I had to accept that the court system is not there to be my parent, and to send someone to her room for being a little shit. Ignoring her was the only path, and sure enough it’s been several years now and this is honestly the first I’ve thought about her since that time. Everything she tried to do to libel me, including starting a knock-off Skepchick site, failed miserably.

My point here is that if Carrier had done this, he wouldn’t currently be known as a litigious creep. A woman posted something on Facebook that he didn’t agree with. A few other women agreed. Richard Carrier himself agreed that he had violated the Secular Student Alliance’s contract that prohibited speakers having sex with students. A student conference that didn’t even pay honorariums disinvited him. A blogging network asked for his side of the story.“

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10612
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4331

Post by Lsuoma » Fri May 10, 2019 5:07 pm

And he clearly didn't proofread paras D and E on page 16.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 5439
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:40 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4332

Post by Gumby » Sat May 11, 2019 4:24 am

Bhurzum wrote: ...and the witch-hunt intensifies:
Danny Baker being investigated by police over 'stupid' royal baby tweet that saw him sacked by BBC
https://www.itv.com/news/2019-05-10/dan ... aby-tweet/

:lol:
I'm really glad there's no more crime in England so police can spend more time investigating wrongtweet.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 6785
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4333

Post by Tigzy » Sat May 11, 2019 4:34 am

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Sticky Dicky's renewed lawsuit get a mention at TFA:
https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... efamation/

And a good time was had by all.
In Minnesota, he’s going after blogger PZ Myers, the CEO of the Freethought Blogs network, for suspending Carrier’s blog due to his alleged “persistent, obnoxious sexual behavior in defiance of specific requests that he cease.” (Minnesota is only one of those three states that doesn’t have anti-SLAPP protections, making it easier to sue people who may not have the money to fight back.)
Well that's unfortunate, ain't it Peez. :lol:

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4334

Post by shoutinghorse » Sat May 11, 2019 7:32 am

BeckyBooze's latest video is a hoot, she spends 25 mins giggling like a bimbo cheerleader fingering herself whilst femsplaining how Carrier is a creepy sexual deviant. Honestly, I've never seen her show so much tooth. :mrgreen:

(I'll spare you the screenshot)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wry1eJcOqfA

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7067
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4335

Post by MarcusAu » Sat May 11, 2019 7:46 am

Lsuoma wrote: And he clearly didn't proofread paras D and E on page 16.
I suspect that he has more than enough white fluid if any corrections need to be made.

InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4336

Post by InfraRedBucket » Sat May 11, 2019 9:06 am

Carrier vs Myers was always a bit like "Psychic" Sally Morgan vs the Daily Mail - you wished both could lose the case.
But when push comes to shove, of the two, I would certainly prefer to see Myers get the legal porcupine up his arse, , he is clearly the bigger cunt, and I'm looking forward to Round 2.

screwtape
.
.
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:15 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4337

Post by screwtape » Sat May 11, 2019 9:30 am

Tigzy wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Sticky Dicky's renewed lawsuit get a mention at TFA:
https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... efamation/

And a good time was had by all.
In Minnesota, he’s going after blogger PZ Myers, the CEO of the Freethought Blogs network, for suspending Carrier’s blog due to his alleged “persistent, obnoxious sexual behavior in defiance of specific requests that he cease.” (Minnesota is only one of those three states that doesn’t have anti-SLAPP protections, making it easier to sue people who may not have the money to fight back.)
Well that's unfortunate, ain't it Peez. :lol:
And nice timing, too, in that Minnesota did have an anti-SLAPP statute until 2017:

https://minnlawyer.com/2017/05/30/anti- ... eme-court/

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4338

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Sat May 11, 2019 9:40 am

MarcusAu wrote: I suspect that he has more than enough white fluid if any corrections need to be made.
spilled_white_out.jpg
(89.87 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
elmers-white-glue-spilled.jpg
(30.92 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
milky.jpg
(54.99 KiB) Downloaded 368 times

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4339

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Sat May 11, 2019 9:40 am

ecstasy.jpg
(94.12 KiB) Downloaded 379 times

Really?
.
.
Posts: 6334
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4340

Post by Really? » Sat May 11, 2019 10:33 am

shoutinghorse wrote: BeckyBooze's latest video is a hoot, she spends 25 mins giggling like a bimbo cheerleader fingering herself whilst femsplaining how Carrier is a creepy sexual deviant. Honestly, I've never seen her show so much tooth. :mrgreen:

(I'll spare you the screenshot)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wry1eJcOqfA
Any chance we can get Beckybooze to do a dramatic reading of Carrier's ode to semen on Ophie's blog and his creepy solicitation for a free hookup with a prostitute?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3954
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4341

Post by Bhurzum » Sat May 11, 2019 11:47 am

Really? wrote: ode to semen


:P

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3954
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4342

Post by Bhurzum » Sat May 11, 2019 11:49 am

Heh!

Just spotted my custom insult-title thingy. Cheers, Tit, you just made my Christmas card list.

:burn:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10612
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4343

Post by Lsuoma » Sat May 11, 2019 11:49 am

InfraRedBucket wrote: Carrier vs Myers was always a bit like "Psychic" Sally Morgan vs the Daily Mail - you wished both could lose the case.
But when push comes to shove, of the two, I would certainly prefer to see Myers get the legal porcupine up his arse, , he is clearly the bigger cunt, and I'm looking forward to Round 2.
Yep, Sticky Dicky is basically a bit of a twat, whereas PeeNus is a complete cunt.

BTW, a judge has ruled that Elon Musk has got to stand trial for calling that cave diver a pedo. :popcorn: :popcorn:

dog puke
.
.
Posts: 1635
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4344

Post by dog puke » Sat May 11, 2019 12:34 pm

Lsuoma wrote: Yep, Sticky Dicky is basically a bit of a twat, whereas PeeNus is a complete cunt.
So they are both pussies? :twatson:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10612
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4345

Post by Lsuoma » Sat May 11, 2019 2:28 pm


Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 4541
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4346

Post by Service Dog » Sat May 11, 2019 5:55 pm


fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 1961
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:30 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4347

Post by fuzzy » Sat May 11, 2019 8:01 pm

So anyway, thanks to all who pointed out that http requests have a field for the IP, and therefore all us well.

My lawyer had no idea that such a thing as a computer even existed. He keeps his records on an abacus. Also, I just phoned Facebook support and I have like five people running around doing stuff for me.

No way a hick jury would convict a man without an IP verification, and am pretty sure tgat is in the manual they require all jurors to read. You'd be surprised at how eager the state's attorney here seek truth and justice rather than racking up statistics.

Keating
.
.
Posts: 1928
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: South of anteater guy
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4348

Post by Keating » Sat May 11, 2019 10:00 pm


Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 5439
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:40 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4349

Post by Gumby » Sun May 12, 2019 5:32 am

Keating wrote:
This reminds me of this blog post:
https://www.skepticink.com/prussian/201 ... f-atheism/
Leftists pounced on Dawkins, Harris and Ayaan Hirsi Ali and deplatformed them and defamed them and drove them from the public eye.

And then along came Donald Trump, and when leftists tried the same with him, he just laughed, and grabbed them by the pussy, and tossed them aside, and became the most powerful man on earth."
lol:

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 4541
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4350

Post by Service Dog » Sun May 12, 2019 5:58 am

I dont know much about this Stephen Woodford/ Rationality Rules/ guy who was denounced by the Atheist Experience crew... all I've seen from him previously is a an anti-Jordan Peterson video. The thing I find amazing is that he seems to have come from a parallel dimension, where Rebecca Watson fell down an elevator shaft & PewDiePie currently vies for the #1 youtube spot against The Amazing Atheist.

Funny: one day he's rehashing Dillhunty's talking points against that transphobe Jordan Peterson... next day it's his turn to be the transphobe for Dillahunty's woke atheists

dog puke
.
.
Posts: 1635
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4351

Post by dog puke » Sun May 12, 2019 6:17 am

Service Dog wrote: I dont know much about this Stephen Woodford/ Rationality Rules/ guy who was denounced by the Atheist Experience crew... all I've seen from him previously is a an anti-Jordan Peterson video. The thing I find amazing is that he seems to have come from a parallel dimension, where Rebecca Watson fell down an elevator shaft & PewDiePie currently vies for the #1 youtube spot against The Amazing Atheist.

Funny: one day he's rehashing Dillhunty's talking points against that transphobe Jordan Peterson... next day it's his turn to be the transphobe for Dillahunty's woke atheists
Heretics are going to heretic.

SM1957
.
.
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4352

Post by SM1957 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:38 am

Nigel Farage kicks the mainstream media in the goolies.


shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4353

Post by shoutinghorse » Sun May 12, 2019 9:00 am

SM1957 wrote: Nigel Farage kicks the mainstream media in the goolies.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xXOd2HB_dc
I've gone off Farage in the last year or so (that's another argument entirely) but I have to admit he is extremely good at this and it was enjoyable to see him give the insufferable Andrew Marr a good verbal kicking. The BBC really are an odious bunch of fucktards of Champions League standards when it comes to British media. I fucking hate them with a passion. :x

ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
Posts: 6445
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4354

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM » Sun May 12, 2019 9:17 am

shoutinghorse wrote:
SM1957 wrote: Nigel Farage kicks the mainstream media in the goolies.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xXOd2HB_dc
I've gone off Farage in the last year or so (that's another argument entirely) but I have to admit he is extremely good at this and it was enjoyable to see him give the insufferable Andrew Marr a good verbal kicking. The BBC really are an odious bunch of fucktards of Champions League standards when it comes to British media. I fucking hate them with a passion. :x
He's a fraud. A petulant, spoilt, self-enriching fraud. I was glad to see Marr asking him if he stood by his own words, much like a twitter account/poster campaign did when he *ahem* "led" that ridiculous walk to London a couple of months ago: https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys?lang=en

InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4355

Post by InfraRedBucket » Sun May 12, 2019 11:53 am


MWSnap016 2019-05-12, 20_52_14.jpg
(81.43 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Times online has a paywall but we can get the gist.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4356

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Sun May 12, 2019 1:56 pm

Try The Mail:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rimes.html

The org's web site (h/t The Mail), which appeared nowhere in my google search:
https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/chall ... ght-crime/

KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 4876
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4357

Post by KiwiInOz » Sun May 12, 2019 2:51 pm

shoutinghorse wrote: Premier league footballer is fined £5,000 by the FA for 'offensive' tweets he made six years ago, when he was 15. :naughty:


https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48 ... um=twitter
He's been warned about his future [historical] conduct.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3954
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4358

Post by Bhurzum » Sun May 12, 2019 4:05 pm

This has got to be the funniest thing I've seen in a long time...


Slither
.
.
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4359

Post by Slither » Sun May 12, 2019 5:32 pm

It looks like one of the most fun trials of the year is now underway! Oberlin College is being sued by Gibson's Bakery. Here's a highlight from the very first day of the trial:
“The concern was that the students were angry?” Plakas asked. “The fear was that angry students would throw food [made by Gibson’s] on the floor [of the cafeteria] and stomp on it?”

“Yes, that was one of the concerns,” Protzman answered.

“Doesn’t that sound more like a nursery school than a college?” Plakas continued.

“Nursery school students do throw food on the floor, yes,” Protzman said, adding “We are not the students’ parents,” as the reason the school could not tell the students to quit threatening to throw food on the floor and eat their dinner like nice people do.
See https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/05/g ... out-there/

Here's the background: You might recall that two-and-some years ago, three Oberlin students tried to shoplift bottles of wine from a local store, Gibson's Bakery. When the shopkeeper tried to stop them, he ended up on the ground with the three students kicking and punching him. However, the students were black and the shop owners white, so instantly the Oberlin student body decided that the store was racist and started protesting. Eventually the three students plead guilty to misdemeanors. Now the bakery is suing the college and some of the administrators, claiming that they defamed the store and are trying to put it out of business.

Legal Insurrection is covering the story and promises to not only have a reporter there every day to write a daily summary. (Oberlin College issued them a subpoena trying to get the sources for all the articles they've written about this affair! I guess that they think this is now personal.)

Friday was the first day of the trial, and here's their summary: https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/05/g ... out-there/
Here's a summary of the incident and the first events of the lawsuit: https://legalinsurrection.com/2017/11/g ... ness-ties/
Here's their report about the subpoena: https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/07/o ... ions-ours/

It looks like there will be plenty of popcorn!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10612
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4360

Post by Lsuoma » Sun May 12, 2019 5:54 pm

Well, given that fees at Oberlin are around $80,000, those poor students needed to economize somehow. Boosting a few bottles of wine seems mild, even innocuous.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 4541
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4361

Post by Service Dog » Sun May 12, 2019 7:00 pm

Sometimes, at work, flatpack furniture needs to be assembled. I've come to call this the IKEA Test. A real-world IQ test, in which I quietly judge which of my co-workers is retarded at spatial visualization. Sadly, the test began with a black guy who I really like-- who is also kind & decent & pleasant to be-around-- but who couldn't build this side-table thing-- if his life depended on it.

"Every Time"** (**or not. my confirmation bias, my selective-memory, etc.) there's "always" some brown or black guy who puts the things together with parts sticking-out wrong ways or upside-down. To their credit... those guys actually go-for-it & try to build the thing & blatantly fail, like honest competitors. White and fancy-asian women, on the other hand, barely start working... before they quit at the slightest setback.

This week is a novelty-- a lesbian hired a klavern of more-lesbians. New stereotypes I'm learning: Lesbians are very messy, & they can't follow instructions, and they confidently/mindlessly disagree with every single thing proposed at a crew meeting-- except whatever the grade-school-teacher-like Head Lesbian says.

And one of them wore a hoodie similar to this trendy streetwear logo...
https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/imag ... _image.jpg
Except her hoodie said "PALESTINE" on the sides of the triangle.

If you're going to wear a garment declaring your race/nationality/religion to the world... maybe you shouldn't do anything that makes your group look like retards.

This chick made a rat's nest of packing-material all-around her. She kept groaning and declaring the chair-building task 'hard'. And, she gave-up-on using the little turning-cylindrical things which grab onto to the heads of the internal machine screws... which holds the furniture together...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7a6X-_q2vo0/hqdefault.jpg

Her final, amazing, farewell to any semblance of trying to do a passable job... was her announcing aloud, 'I don't think anyone is actually going to sit in these chairs, anyway.'

Palestine.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3954
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4362

Post by Bhurzum » Sun May 12, 2019 7:38 pm

;)
Service Dog wrote: Palestine.
I have an old tour t-shirt with "I love Israel" on the front and "A $200 solution to a $5 problem" on the back. I could mail it to you... ;)

SM1957
.
.
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4363

Post by SM1957 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:21 pm

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
SM1957 wrote: Nigel Farage kicks the mainstream media in the goolies.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xXOd2HB_dc
I've gone off Farage in the last year or so (that's another argument entirely) but I have to admit he is extremely good at this and it was enjoyable to see him give the insufferable Andrew Marr a good verbal kicking. The BBC really are an odious bunch of fucktards of Champions League standards when it comes to British media. I fucking hate them with a passion. :x
He's a fraud. A petulant, spoilt, self-enriching fraud. I was glad to see Marr asking him if he stood by his own words, much like a twitter account/poster campaign did when he *ahem* "led" that ridiculous walk to London a couple of months ago: https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys?lang=en
I don't like George Gallaway either, but I enjoyed his demolition job when he gave evidence to the US committee.

Similarly it was great to see Farage knocking back Andrew Marr who had clearly been told to do a hatchet job on Farage, and throw as many random questions (what about people with HIV?) at Farage because Farage is leading in the polls.

ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 1330
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4364

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis » Mon May 13, 2019 1:43 am

SM1957 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 10:21 pm
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
SM1957 wrote: Nigel Farage kicks the mainstream media in the goolies.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xXOd2HB_dc
I've gone off Farage in the last year or so (that's another argument entirely) but I have to admit he is extremely good at this and it was enjoyable to see him give the insufferable Andrew Marr a good verbal kicking. The BBC really are an odious bunch of fucktards of Champions League standards when it comes to British media. I fucking hate them with a passion. :x
He's a fraud. A petulant, spoilt, self-enriching fraud. I was glad to see Marr asking him if he stood by his own words, much like a twitter account/poster campaign did when he *ahem* "led" that ridiculous walk to London a couple of months ago: https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys?lang=en
I don't like George Gallaway either, but I enjoyed his demolition job when he gave evidence to the US committee.

Similarly it was great to see Farage knocking back Andrew Marr who had clearly been told to do a hatchet job on Farage, and throw as many random questions (what about people with HIV?) at Farage because Farage is leading in the polls.
Has there been any honest media coverage of the assault(s) on candidate Tommy Robinson and the failure of the police to protect him? By honest, I mean not spinning the story as "Poor innocent POC punched by far right EDL founder".

I found this interview with David Starkey quite interesting. Others may not find it so interesting, nevertheless I like the historical perspective he gives and the idea that the British democratic tradition begun with the Magna Carta has now run it's course.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8bECAHIgNQ

Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4365

Post by Hunt » Mon May 13, 2019 1:54 am

Service Dog wrote: I've come to call this the IKEA Test.
It doesn't matter how smart or dumb you are; there always seems to be some missing bit of critical information that gives you a 50/50 chance of putting in a piece of wood with the unfinished side in the wrong direction, requiring that you disassemble the whole fucking thing and start over again. Those damn Swedes do it on purpose.

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4366

Post by shoutinghorse » Mon May 13, 2019 2:19 am

Tyres slashed on Sargon's van on his campaign tour in Devon. Apparently other vehicles of people attending his talks were also vandalised by left wing protesters.

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.p ... &width=500

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7067
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4367

Post by MarcusAu » Mon May 13, 2019 3:12 am

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: ...

I found this interview with David Starkey quite interesting. Others may not find it so interesting, nevertheless I like the historical perspective he gives and the idea that the British democratic tradition begun with the Magna Carta has now run it's course.
I thought he had more to say on 'Enry, in particular drawing parallels between Brexit & the establishment of the church of England.

He sees much significance in the Tudors - which not coincidentally his area of expertise.

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7067
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4368

Post by MarcusAu » Mon May 13, 2019 3:23 am

shoutinghorse wrote: Tyres slashed on Sargon's van on his campaign tour in Devon. Apparently other vehicles of people attending his talks were also vandalised by left wing protesters.

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.p ... &width=500
Things are not going so well for Carl Benjamin's campaign either.

With the current polling of UKIP, Farrage's comments, and the antipathy of the media & political establishments, I'm not sure what difference will be made.

Vee seems to think that CB is setting himself up to be an example of the media & political bias in the UK.

Election date 23rd May - after which we will see how close his relationship to UKIP remains and if his point is proven.

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4369

Post by shoutinghorse » Mon May 13, 2019 4:42 am

Fingers crossed this inspres more to follow suit.


screwtape
.
.
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:15 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4370

Post by screwtape » Mon May 13, 2019 5:30 am

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
I found this interview with David Starkey quite interesting. Others may not find it so interesting, nevertheless I like the historical perspective he gives and the idea that the British democratic tradition begun with the Magna Carta has now run it's course.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8bECAHIgNQ
That was very good, thank you.

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7067
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4371

Post by MarcusAu » Mon May 13, 2019 6:33 am

Not to get too political but...

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 6785
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4372

Post by Tigzy » Mon May 13, 2019 6:43 am

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: He's a fraud. A petulant, spoilt, self-enriching fraud. I was glad to see Marr asking him if he stood by his own words, much like a twitter account/poster campaign did when he *ahem* "led" that ridiculous walk to London a couple of months ago: https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys?lang=en
And yet still a more appealing prospect than the lying, absurdly stubborn lunatic May, Vince 'faltering replicant' Cable and *shudder* Corbyn.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3954
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4373

Post by Bhurzum » Mon May 13, 2019 7:27 am

Sad news - another icon down.


MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7067
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4374

Post by MarcusAu » Mon May 13, 2019 7:35 am

Was she really on your radar Bhurzum?

I reckon I'm probably the only person on this board that has watched a Dorris Day movie recently. (It was 'The Glass Bottom Boat' with Rod Taylor, and within the last four months).

Still, she seemed like a nice person...

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4375

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Mon May 13, 2019 7:53 am

Bhurzum wrote: Sad news - another icon down.

She did a lot for animals. We applied for a DDAF grant this past year, but didn't get it, though.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3954
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4376

Post by Bhurzum » Mon May 13, 2019 8:17 am

MarcusAu wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:35 am
Was she really on your radar Bhurzum?
My ex-wife was a huge fan, something she got from her parents. "Calamity Jane" was Christmas day mandatory viewing in our house and as such, I had a certain fondness for her. Also, her work/activism on behalf of animals was well known to us.

Not a major part of my life but certainly someone I'm sad to see go.

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4377

Post by shoutinghorse » Mon May 13, 2019 8:53 am

Doris Day is dead you say? ... How sad. Now I'm going to shout it from the highest hill.

RIP Dot :(

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10612
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4378

Post by Lsuoma » Mon May 13, 2019 9:18 am

Que Sera, Sera...

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7067
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4379

Post by MarcusAu » Mon May 13, 2019 9:41 am

Lsuoma wrote: Que Sera, Sera...
Nobody else thought to say that...obviously you are the man who knew too much.

John D
.
.
Posts: 4562
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#4380

Post by John D » Mon May 13, 2019 11:42 am

Hunt wrote:
Service Dog wrote: I've come to call this the IKEA Test.
It doesn't matter how smart or dumb you are; there always seems to be some missing bit of critical information that gives you a 50/50 chance of putting in a piece of wood with the unfinished side in the wrong direction, requiring that you disassemble the whole fucking thing and start over again. Those damn Swedes do it on purpose.
Says the guy who sucks at building things.... haha.

I love putting together Ikea stuff. I would be happy if this was my full time job. Each to their own. Some people (such as myself) have crazy 3D brain skills. This doesn't make me smart about all stuff.... but I am usually shocked by how many people don't have this talent. I take it for granted sometimes... and I just assume all the engineers I work with have this talent. Haha... well... they don't. Fortunately, I can always sketch what I am thinking.

I have some patents from ideas that seemed so obvious to me.... they are just things that pop automatically into my head.

An interesting aside. Some bunch of scientists did some studies comparing boys and girls and their 3D mechanical ability. At a young age, and throughout life, the boys performed much better at things like drawing a working bicycle. Hell, I could draw most every part on a bicycle, and then, given a shop and enough time make the thing from scratch. (well, it's hard to make the rubber bits this way, but you know what I mean).

An interesting second aside. I am not much of a speller. Apparently there are many people who actually see words in their head and they are somehow spelled correctly in their head. WTF! The only way I see a word spelled correctly in my mind is if I picture the words on a sign (like a stop sign... haha). My exchange student from Denmark could see a new English word one time, look up the definition, and then have it committed to memory for ever. WTF! That is like a superpower if you ask me. (but.... she could never... in a million years... draw a bicycle).

Post Reply