You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Sulman

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Sulman »

CommanderTuvok wrote: :popcorn:
Eugenics from an FTB regular. Who would have thought it.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Hunt wrote: "One of the early decisions? we made was to salvage as much of the body as possible?" It's like a slightly more mechanically inclined Rebecca Watson.
Part of the same San Fran Bay leftist hipster bubble, she used to work for Tested with Adam Savage and Norm Chan, Beccy's chums up til she cheated on her ex Adam who also worked for Tested.
It's all very incestuous.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:58 pm
:popcorn:
Seeing the comments, that went as well as a lead zeppelin.

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Hunt wrote: upspeak
Interesting. I did not even know what upspeak was so I listened to some brit explain it to me on youtube. He did mention Californians sometimes use it and the Tesla girl seems to be from there as am I so that is why I did not even recognize it. It may be why after the explanation of what it is I still don't really hear it.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Hunt wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: Converting a Tesla Model 3 into a Ute. Way cool.

The upspeak is killing me.

"One of the early decisions? we made was to salvage as much of the body as possible?" It's like a slightly more mechanically inclined Rebecca Watson.
I didn't notice upspeak. But she did say fuck a lot. And occasionally gosh.

And I think that she is a legit engineer, whereas Rebecca is an example of the Peter principle (with a very low bar).
She's a performance artist. She is in no way, shape or form an engineer.

It's bad enough that the lack of standards and licensure lets any random choad call themselves a "software engineer", even if all they know how to do is run simple scripts somebody else wrote. What she's doing is most closely related to mechanical and/or electrical engineering, and in most places there are training, apprenticeship, and licensing requirements for that.

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

BoxNDox wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Hunt wrote:

"One of the early decisions? we made was to salvage as much of the body as possible?" It's like a slightly more mechanically inclined Rebecca Watson.

And I think that she is a legit engineer, whereas Rebecca is an example of the Peter principle (with a very low bar).

It's bad enough that the lack of standards and licensure lets any random choad call themselves a "software engineer", even if all they know how to do is run simple scripts somebody else wrote. What she's doing is most closely related to mechanical and/or electrical engineering, and in most places there are training, apprenticeship, and licensing requirements for that.
Yeah! Like using an angle grinder in short sleeves with no gloves. Probably not FR clothes either!

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Stankeye wrote:
BoxNDox wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Hunt wrote:

Yeah! Like using an angle grinder in short sleeves with no gloves. Probably not FR clothes either!
So, not much of a mechanic either.

Mind you, there's nothing wrong with being a performance artist. Her thing is not my personal cup of tea but I can see the appeal. Just don't confuse it with doing actual STEM stuff.

IME the mechanical/electrical/computer skills of artists vary widely. I've worked with some who are very good indeed. Others... not so much. For example, some years back I was asked by a kinetic sculptor to help him out with a series of sculptures built on treadle sewing machine bases - in order to make them work someone has to pedal them. They were very cool, but not working well, and it only took a moment to see why - he had attached a bike generator to the treadle and used it to power a motor in the sculpture. I pointed out that this is hugely inefficient and recommended driving the things directly with a belt. This turned out to be easy to retrofit and fixed the problem.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

At the 17 minute mark-- they have 4 people operating angle grinders simultaneously for 0 reason.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:
D9X6DWUXkAABoy7.jpg
(97.45 KiB) Downloaded 467 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:

D9X6DWUXkAABoy7.jpg
Are retroactive abortions a thing?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Giertz ... briefly attended the Swedish Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), studying physics.
Giertz doesn't have a degree, and studied physics while she was in school for a year before dropping out. With no background in robotics or engineering, she had to spend hours on Google to figure out how to build anything.
Three years ago, in his driveway in Salem, Rich Benoit rigged some ropes and pulleys and did something that could modestly be described as a bad idea. He pulled a 1,300-pound, 400-volt battery out of a Tesla that had been underwater. And then, with no real clue of what he was doing, he opened it and tried to fix it.
... Benoit — a father of three who works in IT in Boston ....

I checked out sidekick Laura Kampf, and she has some fine woodworking skills.

It looks like they had mechanics and engineers helping off-camera.

I see that "Maker" and "Technologist" are job descriptions now.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Giertz ... briefly attended the Swedish Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), studying physics.
Giertz doesn't have a degree, and studied physics while she was in school for a year before dropping out. With no background in robotics or engineering, she had to spend hours on Google to figure out how to build anything.
Three years ago, in his driveway in Salem, Rich Benoit rigged some ropes and pulleys and did something that could modestly be described as a bad idea. He pulled a 1,300-pound, 400-volt battery out of a Tesla that had been underwater. And then, with no real clue of what he was doing, he opened it and tried to fix it.
... Benoit — a father of three who works in IT in Boston ....

So she is the epitome of the American Dream (TM) then.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:44 pm
Gefan says hi.
Hi right back to Gufwan. We will never forget you.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Fiery crosses, shurley???
Image1.png
(275.71 KiB) Downloaded 453 times

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shurely, goddamit!!!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I see Rory "Huge Gob" Stewart is out, and the Floppy-Haired Buffoon's vote increased by more than Stewart lost. As said earlier "Some people are on the pitch. They think it's all over."

Just need to wait for the final "sentence". (SWIDT??

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:25 pm
Fiery crosses, shurley???

Image1.png
Never underestimate the Democrats' ability to find a way to lose.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:07 pm
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:44 pm
Gefan says hi.
Hi right back to Gufwan. We will never forget you.
Who?!?

Jokes aside, he's doing great. It was a very lovely evening.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The 'Most Diverse Congress' Is Really the Least Diverse
Since 1951, the portion of Congress considered moderate has declined from 60% to just 12%. … The result is a legislature full of loud, angry voices from the far left and the far right. Few are willing to compromise on anything, and pragmatic moderates either leave Congress or are left to witness the gridlock.
[....]
According to the 2018 Hidden Tribes study, two-thirds of Americans are part of the “Exhausted Majority,” a collection of citizens who do not belong to either end of the political spectrum. This large group is losing trust in our government and growing tired of politicians who refuse to find common ground and solve real problems. They feel justifiably unrepresented despite the supposed diversity of Congress. Two small groups, meanwhile, are dramatically over-represented. According to the study, only 8% of Americans are “progressive activists” and only 6% are “devoted conservatives,” yet these ideologues have exploited broken campaign finance and electoral systems to seize control of our federal legislative branch of government.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Delurking to say that if I were dating Laura, I'd always refer to her as mein Kampf.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

katamari Damassi wrote: Delurking to say that if I were dating Laura, I'd always refer to her as mein Kampf.
Nice that you are still 'round.

(Unless you are another shape).

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Lsuoma wrote: I see Rory "Huge Gob" Stewart is out, and the Floppy-Haired Buffoon's vote increased by more than Stewart lost. As said earlier "Some people are on the pitch. They think it's all over."

Just need to wait for the final "sentence". (SWIDT??
The final two will be decided tonight (6pm BST) The clever clogs pundits are predicting some tactical voting by BoJo's camp to get rid of Uriah Heep Michael Gove, leaving Jeremy Cunt as the fall guy to his coronation by the Tory masses (before they all jump to the Brexit party)

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

And just yesterday CNN was betting on Rory The Teeth to beat out Boris.
An alleged ex-spy is upending Boris Johnson's play for British Prime Minister

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

screwtape wrote: And just yesterday CNN was betting on Rory The Teeth to beat out Boris.
They must have been listening to their chums at the BBC & Sky & Channel 4 & ITV as Rory the wife thief has been the darling of the media (and InfraReBucket) all along.
:lol:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: And just yesterday CNN was betting on Rory The Teeth to beat out Boris.
How come Tory leaders all have mafia names?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Britain may end up with a sloppy BoJo.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

There's no may about it, he's a nailed on cert.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

There you go...

No May.

Definitely a Johnson.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So...has everyone heard the good news?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcM4rdGWZKA

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

shoutinghorse wrote:
They must have been listening to their chums at the BBC & Sky & Channel 4 & ITV as Rory the wife thief has been the darling of the media (and InfraReBucket) all along.

Seems I wasn't the only who though he was the least worse of a pretty bad bunch. That doesn't make him my "darling" any more than your repeated denials in case anyone gets the impression how wonderful you think Farage or Rees Mogg is when you happen to agree with a point he's made.

eg: Public thought he was CLEAR WINNER of TV debate - even though it was acknowledged he didnt do particularity well - it was an overall debacle anyway:
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/ar ... -tv-debate

as for "wife thief" - dunno where you get that from, but you'll be shocked if you delve into the history of serial adulterer and abortion enthusiast Johnson. :shock:

Yes Stewart was often wide of the mark (eg his people's council idea ) and quirky but let's see who was more honest about the situation in a few months time compared to the eventual winner.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

IRB. I get the feeling you're under the impression I'm a tory, you couldn't be more wrong. I have made it quite clear on a few occasions I have no allegiance to any of the main parties. I do however like what Anne Marie Waters and her For Britain movement are saying.
Oh and BTW. I was having a laugh with you, chill out and untwist your knickers.

'Wife Thief'
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politi ... istan.html

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Democrats throw-around the name 'Koch Brothers' like they're talking-about Darth Vader. A symbol of Eee-villl, without much specific detail.
I assumed the Kochs stood-for typical 'Republican' stuff.

I knew the Kochs gave $ to Cato & Reason-- who I think produce excellent news & analysis.
I figured the Kochs saw some advantage for to the GOP in funding Cato & Reason libertarians.

Now Tucker Carlsen tells me the Kochs aren't really Republicans-- they're true-believers in libertarian stuff.

Feels kinda weird to discover there are secret, powerful masterminds pulling the world's strings... in ways I consider sane & productive.

What next? Will Ocasio, Cory Booker, Kamala & Elizabeth Warren be outed as trolls from Encyclopedia Dramatica?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

MarcusAu wrote: So...has everyone heard the good news?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcM4rdGWZKA
We always joke about the religiousity of the prog left, but I don't know of any social media figures from the SJWsphere that have pulled a Cullen. I thought there'd be some.

Didn't the AVfM guy go full religion too?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Sulman wrote:
We always joke about the religiousity of the prog left, but I don't know of any social media figures from the SJWsphere that have pulled a Cullen. I thought there'd be some.

Didn't the AVfM guy go full religion too?
Yes. If it's Dean Esmay / Max Kolbe you are talking about.

I think Jordon Owen (aka JordanOwen42) is now religious (or 'spiritual') to some degree. Similarly, the guy he made the 'Sarkessian Effect' with- Davis Aurini may have had a few changes of heart (though I've not followed closely).

Roosh V - is another that has repented his former ways and seen the light.

And I'd heard that after the 'Bad Optics' of Charlottesville that several Alt-Righters were trying out Trad-Catholicism. (Though I'm not really in the loop on that).

Let me know if there are others.

I'm not judging (too much) - but I find it interesting. Perhaps they find a sense of community or comfort.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Sinead O'Conner? Howabout Mr. Feminist Hugo Schwyzer-- he tried to flee to conservative israeli religious/ethno-nationalism, when his scumbaggery was exposed. Madonna?

Definitely some feminists went from political talk to new-age-spirituality, in past decades. I bet some black activists get churchy when they get old, too.

Computing Forever Dave sounds to me like a teenager whose fuck-you-mom-and-dad phase is followed with a fit of Or Maybe I'm A Christian!!?!!.. possibly quite brief.
I think the goals he expresses in his video would be better served by an intellectual delve into mythology, symbolism, karl jung, and such... rather than 'religion' or 'faith'.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Service Dog wrote:
Sinead O'Conner? Howabout Mr. Feminist Hugo Schwyzer-- he tried to flee to conservative israeli religious/ethno-nationalism, when his scumbaggery was exposed. Madonna?

Definitely some feminists went from political talk to new-age-spirituality, in past decades. I bet some black activists get churchy when they get old, too.

Computing Forever Dave sounds to me like a teenager whose fuck-you-mom-and-dad phase is followed with a fit of Or Maybe I'm A Christian!!?!!.. possibly quite brief.
I think the goals he expresses in his video would be better served by an intellectual delve into mythology, symbolism, karl jung, and such... rather than 'religion' or 'faith'.
I'd forgotten about Hugo-a-gogo. He's probably figured out that he can chase poon with less external scrutiny in religious circles.

I think a lot of the leftist figures came from strict religious backgrounds too. Sarah Jones for example.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Fuck me, but those GE bulbs would have me in a murderous rage.

TP-Link - soft reset? On-off three times within 5 sec.
Hard reset? Five times within 10 sec.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

There was Theresa McBain, the methodist minister with a divinity degree from Princeton who famously came out as an atheist at the AA annual meeting (forgetting to notify her congregation in advance). Who then became the darling of the Atheist activism community, was feted and doted upon, and given a lucrative job heading an atheist community development program. Until it was discovered she'd only been a temporary deacon and had only taken a few night school classes, lost her job as a result, and the adulation and attention dried up. Then -- Bam! -- she suddenly re-finds God and is received as the prodigal daughter by believers who fete and dote upon her.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Another example of someone reverting to faith is Brett Keane.

Though I'm not sure if there is much to learn from the example of an Encyclopedia Dramatic Lolcow and serial YouTube Scammer.

At the other end of the spectrum was the philospher Anthony Flew. Who wrote about his converstion to Deism towards the end of his life.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote: Computing Forever Dave sounds to me like a teenager whose fuck-you-mom-and-dad phase is followed with a fit of Or Maybe I'm A Christian!!?!!.. possibly quite brief.
Apparently his mother died recently. So there may have been some comfort in the old rituals and community.

Also he references a couple of religious apologists in his videos (E Michael Jones - a conservative catholic and the other 'Logos' guy) and did an interview with John Waters (no, not that one) an Irish pro-religion advocate. So I think he is trying at some level to intellectually square the circle ie not quite believing in all the supernatural stuff - but still wanting to consider himself a christian (or catholic at least) - for whatever reasons.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Lsuoma wrote: Fuck me, but those GE bulbs would have me in a murderous rage.

TP-Link - soft reset? On-off three times within 5 sec.
Hard reset? Five times within 10 sec.
Yeah they can be a pain but I have not had to fiddle with them since the initial setup. I have about 12 tplink bulbs and they've been Rock solid for me. Actually I'm kind of over the whole Alexa thing and have been considering disconnecting the setup. Once the newness and nerd cool factor wears thin it's just as easy or easier to flip a switch manually.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Hah! Wacko theists, you really make my day!
Thousands of Christians Demand That Netflix Cancel a Show It Does Not Air
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... verso=true

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

MarcusAu wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:21 pm
Service Dog wrote: Computing Forever Dave sounds to me like a teenager whose fuck-you-mom-and-dad phase is followed with a fit of Or Maybe I'm A Christian!!?!!.. possibly quite brief.
Apparently his mother died recently. So there may have been some comfort in the old rituals and community.

Also he references a couple of religious apologists in his videos (E Michael Jones - a conservative catholic and the other 'Logos' guy) and did an interview with John Waters (no, not that one) an Irish pro-religion advocate. So I think he is trying at some level to intellectually square the circle ie not quite believing in all the supernatural stuff - but still wanting to consider himself a christian (or catholic at least) - for whatever reasons.
It doesn't surprose me at all that our Dave is susceptible to woolly apologetics. He strikes me as being of a class of smart commentators who are very aware of the cultural destruction of Europe but are nevertheless prone to supporting questionable beliefs. There are a few of those about. Just because someone can see one obvious phenomenon clearly doesn't make them an infallible genius.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote: Hah! Wacko theists, you really make my day!

Though it did weaponize Twee to levels of toxicity never before obtained - I would not go so far as suggesting it be cancelled.

The story is very much a product of it's times - so I'd suggest re-watching (or even re-hearing, or re-reading) 'Hitch Hitchers Guide to the Galaxy' for anyone wanting that particular irreverential nostalgic itch scratched.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: It doesn't surprose me at all that our Dave is susceptible to woolly apologetics. He strikes me as being of a class of smart commentators who are very aware of the cultural destruction of Europe but are nevertheless prone to supporting questionable beliefs. There are a few of those about. Just because someone can see one obvious phenomenon clearly doesn't make them an infallible genius.
Present company excepted...as I'm sure you meant to say.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Just three short years after the murder of MP Jo Cox. How quickly the left forget when politically convenient.

Don't touch the whamen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48718725

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

shoutinghorse wrote: Just three short years after the murder of MP Jo Cox. How quickly the left forget when politically convenient.

Don't touch the whamen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48718725
Funny, she doesn't look like your typical environmentalist
earthy_kitt.png
(295.78 KiB) Downloaded 186 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So...I was thinking about Neil Gaiman's 1995 Signal to Noise comic; recalling that in an interview at the time he spoke of this use of the concept as a metaphor for life.

Some people see life as mostly random with very little order. Or, that order can only be imposed on it with great effort.

Others take the contrary position - ie that their experiences are largely meaningful, with the randomness taking the minor portion.

Perhaps is just another way to conceptualize the glass half full / half empty optimist / pessimist dilemma. Or to describe how your Yin/Yang levels are set.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Willingness to interpret meaning in all the noise between actual signals--

..explains how Gaiman stays married to Amanda Fuckwit Palmer.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

This is a free-on-youtube audiobook version of a famous psychotherapist's holocaust memoir.
Apparently, it's also the basis for his school of therapy, known as logotherapy, which says the key to life is seeking Meaning, rather than Happiness.
(I can't recall if the person who referred me to this book-- learned about it from Jordan Peterson. Quite possible.)

I'm an hour & and a half in, out of 4 hours 44 minutes.
So far-- it's simply 'what was life like in the concentration camps?'-- with plenty of vivid details.
For example-- an experienced prisoner warned newbs to shave every day-- even-if one had to use a bit of broken glass. Because it would at least make one look younger & rosy-cheeked. Failing to do so would result in stubble & a sunken-faced appearance. Prisoners called the men in that state 'muslims'. Appearing unfit to work-- 'muslims' were the ones most likely to be picked for the gas chamber.

One odd aspect of the prose-- or maybe the audio narration-- is that the descriptive passages can sound-like nostalgic reminiscences. Apparently-- anyone speaking conversationally about the past-- sounds like they wistfully miss it. Clearly the author did-not actually feel that way.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Bhurzum wrote: Hah! Wacko theists, you really make my day!

It's also unclear to me how you "cancel" a series that's already made and released in its entirety, and which has no planned prequels or sequels.

And FWIW, I thought it was awesome. Highly recommended.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote: Willingness to interpret meaning in all the noise between actual signals--

..explains how Gaiman stays married to Amanda Fuckwit Palmer.
I rather like his work. (And find his personal details much more tolerable since I stopped reading his blog, or reading his tweets). But my impression is that he has long since learned to get along with most people in a non-confrontation way - a skill most likely learned from growing up in a scientologist family. Which he still does not speak much of (if at all) - probably because some of his family are still in it.

As to your other post - I'll put it on my to read (or to listen to) list. You may have to remind me again.

I recall a friend telling me about a POW who spent his time creating a motorcycle in his head - and then built it when he got out. (Unless he was plagiarizing Steve McQueen's character in 'The Great Escape').

A quick google tells me there is at least one example of this happening - so it's possible that it occurred multiple times.

https://www.classic-british-motorcycles ... ycles.html

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

What's with the photo? How do you find a stock image like that? Search for underage girl ass?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Colour me surprised. Not.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Colour me surprised. Not.
Speaking of colour, the article fails to mention. And no pictures. I wonder why. :think:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Speaking noise-signal ratios, I just discovered I have Apophenia. Or rather, I discovered it's a thing with a name, and I'm not out of my fucking mind. Anyhoo, I hear faint songs when it's raining hard or the swamp cooler is running. I can make out the tunes and almost the lyrics. I've recorded me whistling what I hear and they aren't half bad. Except the other day when I got stuck listening to this phantom crappy young country station.

Okay, may need to reconsider the not-out-of-my-mind claim.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

sexjokes.png
(34.02 KiB) Downloaded 220 times

Jokes about sex are a part of rape culture? All of them? Bunch of fucking loons.

https://goodmenproject.com/featured-con ... lture-dtv/

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

BoxNDox wrote: It's also unclear to me how you "cancel" a series that's already made and released in its entirety, and which has no planned prequels or sequels.

And FWIW, I thought it was awesome. Highly recommended.
I must admit, I really enjoyed it.

Whilst we're on the subject - movie suggestion: Brightburn.

Just finished watching it with the missus - she loved it, I thought it was ok. Basically, without giving too much away, it's a "Superman" origin story with one crucial difference - the alien baby who falls to Earth (and is raised by human parents) grows up to be a fucking psycho. It's very gory in places, my toes were curling at a couple of scenes and overall, it's a pretty entertaining movie. Oh, and they left it open-ended for a sequel.