You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: To be fair they are also offering Synthetic Meat.

(Which would be a great name for a prog rock band).
Well, I've just found the name for my "Sanctuary Hills" brothel in my current Fallout 4 playthrough. All the hookers are synths, y'see ;)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: Holy Crap. I didn't last four days on Tardbook. I just can't stand reading soooo much complete idiocy. I deleted the app from my phone so I will have to turn on my computer to use it now. I think this will keep me in touch on the few things that are useful... but... my plan to just read Facebook while I was taking a crap is not going to work.

My cousin ranting about how racist the Betsy Ross flag is just put me over the edge.... haha.
You should face-friend me, brat. I just changed my FB banner pic to the Betsy Ross.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I stand by my prediction that PZ will one day be arrested for running into Petsmart™ naked, standing in front of the fish tanks, and screaming over and over, "WHICH ONE IS ARIEL?!!"
I'm enjoying watching you engage the libtards chez Jerry, BTW.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

WEIT has a new feature, a discussion thread. Topics include antifa, nike sneakers, and immigration. Just had to share this exchange:
open border advocate wrote:Why do you THINK we dropped the atomic bomb on the gooks and not the white Germans? Coincidence? The war was basically over on both fronts at the time.
me wrote:The Trinity test explosion took place on July 16, 1945. Germany had surrendered on May 8, 1945. CORONET, the planned invasion of mainland Japan, was tentatively scheduled for March, 1946

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: I'm enjoying watching you engage the libtards chez Jerry, BTW.
Cheers!

They've really come crawling out of the woodwork for the immigration thing, haven't they?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Tommy Robinson found guilty of contempt of court again today at the Old Bailey. This country is rotten to the core.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: WEIT has a new feature, a discussion thread. Topics include antifa, nike sneakers, and immigration. Just had to share this exchange:
open border advocate wrote:Why do you THINK we dropped the atomic bomb on the gooks and not the white Germans? Coincidence? The war was basically over on both fronts at the time.
me wrote:The Trinity test explosion took place on July 16, 1945. Germany had surrendered on May 8, 1945. CORONET, the planned invasion of mainland Japan, was tentatively scheduled for March, 1946
This is the problem I have lately with encountering stupid people. I either find myself wanting to troll them or I feel compelled to teach them something. Of course, they will not learn.... so I should not even bother to try to teach... and trolling, while fun, is a giant time sink for me. I just need to walk away from this whole scene.

Interesting trivia (well... I found it interesting). On Iwo Jima there were 20,000 Japanese defenders. When the battle was over there were only 200 Japanese left as prisoners. All of the rest.... 19,800 were dead. The Japanese were trained to never surrender. This is part of their culture and they also believed the Americans would just torture them if captured.

My dad was a coxswain on an LCVP that landed on Iwo Jima. He would have been in the front of the invasion of the Japanese mainland had it occurred. He would have likely been killed. I think I am probably alive today because of the A-bombs dropped on Japan.

My dad told me a story that sticks with me. I was discussing with him about how brutal the Japanese where while we were watching a movie together. He told me that when the Marines first started fighting the Japanese that they took more prisoners until they found that most Japanese would allow themselves to be taken prisoner so they could set off a grenade in the middle of the ship hospital and kill our doctors etc. "After that"...he said... "We just killed them all."

My dad is 94 and has lost most of his memory. He now drifts back to WWII all the time. He is astonished every time I tell him we are fiends with the Japanese now, and when I remind him of the Marshall plan. He just stares at me and says "Really?.... I can't believe that.... we are friends with the Japs?.... I can't believe that!"

This is an actual photo of LCVPs at Iwo Jima. My old man could actually be in the photo I suppose. I don't know exactly how many LCVPs were used in the battle. About 20,000 marines landed and each boat carrys about 30. I know they did more than one run.... maybe 3 runs in the initial landing.... so probably something like 200 boats I guess. So, with 3 boats pictured there is about a 1% chance my dad is in this photo.... haha.
BBhIJrF.jpg
(34.31 KiB) Downloaded 352 times

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

shoutinghorse wrote: Tommy Robinson found guilty of contempt of court again today at the Old Bailey. This country is rotten to the core.
Because he jeopardised a Trial in progress that had reporting restrictions
that meant the accused could have gone free ?
Sounds like the Justice system working there.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

My uncle married a woman from Hungary - who got out with her family around 1956 (or just after).

Her father fought in WWII, though he would not be considered an ally. In fact, in the non-modern sense he would properly be considered Nazi-adjacent. He was a really nice guy from my recollection. Towards the end of his life he went blind and was having nightmares about his military service.

Can't say what I would have done in the same situation - it seems like luxury not to forced into the decisions he had to make at the time.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: Tommy Robinson found guilty of contempt of court again today at the Old Bailey. This country is rotten to the core.
Because he jeopardised a Trial in progress that had reporting restrictions
that meant the accused could have gone free ?
Sounds like the Justice system working there.
They had already been found gulity you fucking pillock, they were going back to court for sentencing. Robinson did nothing wrong, if you had followed the lasts two days court procedings as I have you would realise this. This isn't a case of Robinson like him or loath him but the British justice system doling out punishment for someone they don't like. It stinks of corruption. No other journalist has ever been treated this way for doing far worse, which was pointed out in this kangaroo trial. If you fail to see that then I'm afraid you are a moron and there is nothing more to say to you.
Soften your hard on for Robinson and look at the wider picture here, he is clearly being singled out because he pisses the establishment off, he highlights things they want brushed under the carpet (he dares to critique Islam) they see him as a dangerous agitator and want rid. They are shit scared that his message resonates with thousands of people and is gaining traction. He must be silenced.

Will any of these journalists now be brought before a judge for 'harassing' the defendent, How is this any different? Don't forget he hasn't been sentenced yet so the case is still ongoing.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

shoutinghorse wrote: Soften your hard on for Robinson and look at the wider picture here, he is clearly being singled out because he pisses the establishment off, he highlights things they want brushed under the carpet (he dares to critique Islam) they see him as a dangerous agitator and want rid. They are shit scared that his message resonates with thousands of people and is gaining traction. He must be silenced.

Will any of these journalists now be brought before a judge for 'harassing' the defendent, How is this any different? Don't forget he hasn't been sentenced yet so the case is still ongoing.
Er... one difference is there aren't any reporting restrictions on this trial , try to Keep up , Sherlock!
Diddums ,if anyone's got a fanboi hard-on for Robinson it s you .
No other journalist has ever been treated this way for doing far worse
Journalist? :lol:

The courts decide when the restrictions are over, not Robinson, if only he had you on his legal team.
Tough titties.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Journalist? :lol:

journalist
noun
journalist; plural noun: journalists
a person who writes for newspapers, magazines, or news websites or prepares news to be broadcast.

Seems that he ticks the box. Is he a good journalist? That's a different question.

Personally, whilst I dislike the guy (he's a bit smug for my liking and his football casual background is very questionable), I admire his backbone and willingness to tackle touchy subjects head-on. He may not go about it in the smartest way(s) but at least he gets off his arse and gives it a go.

This latest legal witch-hunt is a joke; if they can do it to him, they can do it to anyone they want to disappear.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

a person who writes for newspapers, magazines, or news websites or prepares news to be broadcast.
News? :lol:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Er... one difference is there aren't any reporting restrictions on this trial , try to Keep up , Sherlock!
Diddums ,if anyone's got a fanboi hard-on for Robinson it s you
That statement alone tells me you have done no research at all of his trial these last two days. There were admissions by Leeds court officials that they completely fucked up and failed to notify if the reporting restrictions were in place. TR and his team asked several times but found no one who knew yet he still erred on caution.
What you are failing to understand is that the restrictions did not include reporting on what had already been allowed into the public dicourse, this is all TR did and was proved in court. Filming defendents who had already been found guilty outside of court grounds is not contempt, again, that's all he did.

I am no fanboi I assure you. I'm of a similar feeling toward Robinson as Bhurzum.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

shoutinghorse wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: Er... one difference is there aren't any reporting restrictions on this trial , try to Keep up , Sherlock!
That statement alone tells me you have done no research at all of his trial these last two days. There were admissions by Leeds court officials that they completely fucked up and failed to notify if the reporting restrictions were in place. TR and his team asked several times but found no one who knew yet he still erred on caution.
What you are failing to understand is that the restrictions did not include reporting on what had already been allowed into the public dicourse, this is all TR did and was proved in court. Filming defendents who had already been found guilty outside of court grounds is not contempt, again, that's all he did.
That'all be the reporting restrictions that every other actual journalist abided by but somehow TR didnt get the memo.
And supposedly erred on the side of caution by :

1.breaching the reporting restriction,
2.filming and streaming the video
3.confronting defendants outside court and live streaming it.

and remember the restrictions were not for this one trial but 3 linked trials so the end of this trial did not mean the end of restrictions.
The first trial began on 8 January last year,
TR was arrested and Jailed for the contempt in May , the restrictions were not actually lifted til October when all 3 trials had completed.
Only then could the verdicts of all 3 be reported:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 92176.html

Oh and there's also the small matter of 5 of the defence lawyers citing Robinson's coverage as a reason to drop the case because jurors might have seen it.
Thankfully that didnt happen.

But of course regardless of the above, you and Tommy are entitled to have your very own definition of what constitutes contempt.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
That'all be the reporting restrictions that every other actual journalist abided by but somehow TR didnt get the memo.
And supposedly erred on the side of caution by :

1.breaching the reporting restriction,

and remember the restrictions were not for this one trial but 3 linked trials so the end of this trial did not mean the end of restrictions.
The first trial began on 8 January last year,
TR was arrested and Jailed for the contempt in May , the restrictions were not actually lifted til October when all 3 trials had completed.
Only then could the verdicts of all 3 be reported:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 92176.html

Oh and there's also the small matter of 5 of the defence lawyers citing Robinson's coverage as a reason to drop the case because jurors might have seen it.
Thankfully that didnt happen.

But of course regardless of the above, you and Tommy are entitled to have your very own definition of what constitutes contempt.
If the case against Tommy is so solid-- why did they railroad him?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

If the case against Tommy is so solid-- why did they railroad him?
Why did "who" and in what way?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:53 pm
I stand by my prediction that PZ will one day be arrested for running into Petsmart™ naked, standing in front of the fish tanks, and screaming over and over, "WHICH ONE IS ARIEL?!!"
:lol:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: My uncle married a woman from Hungary - who got out with her family around 1956 (or just after).

Her father fought in WWII, though he would not be considered an ally. In fact, in the non-modern sense he would properly be considered Nazi-adjacent. He was a really nice guy from my recollection. Towards the end of his life he went blind and was having nightmares about his military service.

Can't say what I would have done in the same situation - it seems like luxury not to forced into the decisions he had to make at the time.
My hometown friend's dad served in the Hungarian cavalry in Russia. He taught me a lesson I still put into practice to this day: before you mount a horse, pick either left or right in your trousers to pack your balls. He loved telling me his war stories cuz his son was a pacifist. He was still bent out of shape that Hungary had lost so much territory after the war. He also taught me how to say "Magyar Orzag", which means "Hungarian Republic", and "Lofus", which means "horse dick." His accent in English was so bad, we usually ended up speaking German.

His wife, who he met in the US, was also from Hungary -- Transylvania. Her family fled through the woods from the Russians. Her sister was shot running right next to her. She loved me too, so I always got invited over when she made stuffed cabbage rolls.

But jeezus, Hungarians are moody bastards.

I read that in the old Imperial Austrian army, the Hungarians made the best NCOs, cuz: 1) they were moody bastards; 2) Hungarian had more curse words than the other 14 languages combined.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: My uncle married a woman from Hungary - who got out with her family around 1956 (or just after).

My hometown friend's dad served in the Hungarian cavalry in Russia. He taught me a lesson I still put into practice to this day: before you mount a horse, pick either left or right in your trousers to pack your balls. He loved telling me his war stories cuz his son was a pacifist. He was still bent out of shape that Hungary had lost so much territory after the war. He also taught me how to say "Magyar Orzag", which means "Hungarian Republic", and "Lofus", which means "horse dick." His accent in English was so bad, we usually ended up speaking German.

His wife, who he met in the US, was also from Hungary -- Transylvania. Her family fled through the woods from the Russians. Her sister was shot running right next to her. She loved me too, so I always got invited over when she made stuffed cabbage rolls.

I read that in the old Imperial Austrian army, the Hungarians made the best NCOs, cuz: 1) they were moody bastards; 2) Hungarian had more curse words than the other 14 languages combined.
I highly recommend you read the Cecil Parrott translation of The Good Soldier Svejk by Jaroslav Hasek. You can get a good working copy on Amazon for about 5 bucks, and it will be five of the best dollars you have ever spent.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

I work with dozens of Hungarian engineers since our electronics engineering center is in Budapest. I have the following observations to share:

1) They only have about ten first names... Zsolt, Zultan, Jozsef, Imre..... and a few more.

2) They have a pessimistic view of everything (at least compared to Americans and West Europeans).

3) They don't know how to sell things. Our customer review meetings are a nightmare. My joke is that every time a Hungarian comes into a meeting dressed in a beautiful suit they tell our customer they have a hole in their sock. The only thing they find worth talking about is a problem topic. They NEVER tell a story about something positive.

4) They have a edgy kind of humor.... rather dark.

5) They always exaggerate the negative (unlike Americans who tend to exaggerate the positive).

6) They never provide an estimate about anything. They have to know a fact before they can talk about a topic.

Other than that.... haha.... I really enjoy working with them.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

It continues. Seriously, these people must've been dropped as babies:
open borders advocate wrote:If you can’t see anything racial about our willingness to bomb the yellow people but not the white people (and we could have), you need to give it a bit more thought.
me wrote:Are you suggesting we didn't nuke the Germans because they were white, and not because they had surrendered three months before the bomb was ready?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote: Sat in me underpants and trawling the web. Picking the missus up from work in an hour (taking her to breakfast then shopping) and as I was idly flitting from twatter (manatees, fox hunting, Tommy Robinson), to ED and FB, a though sprang into my noggin: has anyone heard from Scented Nectar recently? I hope she's ok... :(
I've not - but my Google-Fu tells me that she is still active...

https://disqus.com/by/scentednectar/

...and put some damn clothes on.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Sigh...ok, I'll play for a little bit.

news
noun
newly received or noteworthy information, especially about recent events.
a broadcast or published report
informal
information not previously known to (someone).

Now, are we going to take a joy-ride into the deeply subjective realm of what is or is not "noteworthy" or are you going to cede the trivial point that Tommy, for better or worse, is a journalist?

Bugger me, I'm a troll and my "you're being trolled" alarms are going mental. <--- freely offered escape hatch.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

[quote=InfraRedBucket post_id=491010 time= user_id=879

[/quote]

Seems to me there is a voluntary refusal by much of British media to report on anything that might show the sons of Allah in a poor light. They certainly don't need a court to issue reporting restrictions to fail to inform the public what's going on.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: ...and put some damn clothes on.
I DON'T WANNA!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JQk7t7O56m8/maxresdefault.jpg

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Bhurzum wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
Sigh...ok, I'll play for a little bit.

news
noun
newly received or noteworthy information, especially about recent events.
a broadcast or published report
informal
information not previously known to (someone).

Now, are we going to take a joy-ride into the deeply subjective realm of what is or is not "noteworthy" or are you going to cede the trivial point that Tommy, for better or worse, is a journalist?

Bugger me, I'm a troll and my "you're being trolled" alarms are going mental. <--- freely offered escape hatch.
I was expecting someone to follow up post an online dictionary definition of news.
Yes, it's news in the very general widest sense of the word .
Amazing how a strategically placed gif can trigger some people. You walked into that one.
And yet "I" get accused of taking things too seriously and twisting my knickers?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

John D - I just gave my son (29) his grandfather's war diary to read. He describes himself as a failure in the introduction because of the moment he felt he'd had enough on the beach on D-Day. Up to that point he'd been the kind of keen young soldier who volunteered for everything, and kept it up through Blitz bomb disposal, North Africa, and Sicily. But seeing an incompetent and brand new 'instant lieutenant' getting the men he'd been with all along killed on Gold Beach made something snap. He decided he wasn't going to volunteer any more, but keep himself and his men alive as best as he could. Which he did until he met a butterfly bomb at Nijmegen, and it wasn't his problem anymore. But the rest of his days he felt badly about those men on the beach, and it amazes and saddens me that he felt himself a failure as a result. In retrospect, he clearly had what we'd call PTSD now. He only ever looked relaxed when he was with another veteran. They wouldn't talk about it to each other, but just felt, I suppose, that they were in the company of someone who got it. Oddly, he talked to me endlessly about his war, and yet my older brother says he never spoke of it to him. Maybe he needed to get it out as he got older. The experience certainly changed him and became the central feature of his life aver afterwards. Anyway, I hope the boy reads it and understands a little of it.
Mareth_1943.jpg
(140.41 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
Just realised - I never knew him with fingers on his right hand!

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

InfraRedBucket wrote: 1.breaching the reporting restriction,
Livestreaming outside the court building was not breaching the reporting restriction in itself, he would only have been breaching them if he had spoken about events that had not already been reported on and were already in the public domain. He didn't.

Asking the defendants outside of the court building how they were feeling about the virdict again was not breaching reporting restriction or comtempt of court as he never accosted them nor blocked their way nor was he threatening them nor did he ask them specifics about the case and nor did he follow then onto court property. The area he was in is not part of the court but a public area. He had every right to ask them how they were feeling.

The reporting restrictions had been relaxed enough for their names to have been released. TR got them from the Huddersfield examiner and the BBC's website.

He has been wrongly convicted of contempt of court TWICE now. Reporting restrictions don't mean you can't report that the trial is taking place or you can't talk into a camera OUTSIDE of the court. I fail to understand how you can't see that.
I will say no more on the matter. Off on a trip in a few hours so won't be around.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

as he never accosted them
Jeez! Now you're just making stuff up. Do you really want me to post the dictionary definition of accosting?
approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively.
"reporters accosted him in the street"
synonyms: speak to, talk to, call to, shout to, hail, initiate a discussion with;

Oh he only "talked to a camera outside the court " - if only.....
I look forward to you schooling the Judges on what constitutes contempt if it goes to appeal.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

InfraRedBucket wrote: I was expecting someone to follow up post an online dictionary definition of news.
Good enough. So we're in agreement, Tommy Robinson is a journalist.

;)

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Bhurzum wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: I was expecting someone to follow up post an online dictionary definition of news.
Good enough. So we're in agreement, Tommy Robinson is a journalist.
That's news to me. Does that make you a journalist?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

InfraRedBucket wrote: That's news to me. Does that make you a journalist?
It makes me a special needs teacher.

Now, take your foot out of your pocket and get on with your crayon drawings.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

John D wrote: Interesting trivia (well... I found it interesting). On Iwo Jima there were 20,000 Japanese defenders. When the battle was over there were only 200 Japanese left as prisoners. All of the rest.... 19,800 were dead. The Japanese were trained to never surrender. This is part of their culture and they also believed the Americans would just torture them if captured.

My dad was a coxswain on an LCVP that landed on Iwo Jima. He would have been in the front of the invasion of the Japanese mainland had it occurred. He would have likely been killed. I think I am probably alive today because of the A-bombs dropped on Japan.
The Japanese command also described Russians as subhuman and ready to rape/demoralize the nation. They talked young pilots into Kamikaze. Let's just say it sounds like there was a lot of psychological manipulation of the Japanese forces. It would not have been good to be a young Japanese man in the 1940s. They had two ways out: capitulation to the Russians or the Americans, and propaganda made neither palatable. Into that crucible Truman sent the A-bomb, which I will always believe was an act of pure evil. There was the pablum of "a million dead American servicemen". Probably utter bullshit, designed to ease consciences. The Japs were ready to capitulate, with or without the emperor. We probably dropped the bomb for a combination of immoral reasons, not least of which to impress the Russians.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

screwtape wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:49 pm
John D - I just gave my son (29) his grandfather's war diary to read. He describes himself as a failure in the introduction because of the moment he felt he'd had enough on the beach on D-Day. Up to that point he'd been the kind of keen young soldier who volunteered for everything, and kept it up through Blitz bomb disposal, North Africa, and Sicily. But seeing an incompetent and brand new 'instant lieutenant' getting the men he'd been with all along killed on Gold Beach made something snap. He decided he wasn't going to volunteer any more, but keep himself and his men alive as best as he could. Which he did until he met a butterfly bomb at Nijmegen, and it wasn't his problem anymore. But the rest of his days he felt badly about those men on the beach, and it amazes and saddens me that he felt himself a failure as a result. In retrospect, he clearly had what we'd call PTSD now. He only ever looked relaxed when he was with another veteran. They wouldn't talk about it to each other, but just felt, I suppose, that they were in the company of someone who got it. Oddly, he talked to me endlessly about his war, and yet my older brother says he never spoke of it to him. Maybe he needed to get it out as he got older. The experience certainly changed him and became the central feature of his life aver afterwards. Anyway, I hope the boy reads it and understands a little of it.

Mareth_1943.jpg

Just realised - I never knew him with fingers on his right hand!
That is a normal trajectory for a soldier. Soldiers start out all gung ho and afraid of letting themselves and their mates down. After a bit of combat they bond and are better soldiers for their experience. Eventually they get jaded and feel that they've earned the right to hang back and let others take up the slack. Without the peer pressure driving them as much they and with the cumulative effect of extreme stress they can start to lose their bottle. Montgomery made a mistake in insisting that his soldiers from North Africa be in Normandy when they were actually past their best. Napoleon's Imperial Guard at Waterloo were probably at a similar stage.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:15 pm
It continues. Seriously, these people must've been dropped as babies:
open borders advocate wrote:If you can’t see anything racial about our willingness to bomb the yellow people but not the white people (and we could have), you need to give it a bit more thought.
me wrote:Are you suggesting we didn't nuke the Germans because they were white, and not because they had surrendered three months before the bomb was ready?
Does he think Dresden was a case of racial mis-identification?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote: The Japanese command also described Russians as subhuman and ready to rape/demoralize the nation.
The raping part would have been true.

There was the pablum of "a million dead American servicemen". Probably utter bullshit, designed to ease consciences.
Considering the Western Allies suffered 750,000 casualties from D-Day on, a million casualties, against a fanatical Japanese enemy employing mass kamikaze attacks and poison gas, is not an unreasonable estimate. There would've also been many millions of Japanese deaths, including civilians who'd been brainwashed into committing suicide (which they did en masse on Okinawa.)
... the A-bomb, which I will always believe was an act of pure evil....
We probably dropped the bomb for a combination of immoral reasons....
Do you consider the fire-bombing of cities for the specific purpose of killing civilians -- which the US did vs. Japan, and the US & Britain did vs. Germany -- also immoral and evil?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Does he think Dresden was a case of racial mis-identification?
If he's heard of a Dresden, it's Harry.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I think the thing is likely to be a dogs breakfast - but the phrase 'dirtbag left' is starting to trend as a movement.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/07/0 ... woke-left/

nb I've also heard tankie YouTuber 'Vaush' refer to himself as the same. In his case he specifically rejects civility and is actively pro-violence against those he identifies as 'fascists'.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Meanwhile here's a woman who identifies as a horse:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

That freak - couldn't she at least commit to a costume?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFEvlc9QdQ8

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Meanwhile here's a woman who identifies as a horse:

I'd mount her.

She cross-fires a lot though.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Do you consider the fire-bombing of cities for the specific purpose of killing civilians -- which the US did vs. Japan, and the US & Britain did vs. Germany -- also immoral and evil?
Yes, of course. There was a gradual escalation of ruthlessness. The Brits were generally opposed to bombing civilians (at the start). Americans kind of liked the idea, and it didn't take much to convince Churchill. By the end of the war everyone was doing it. Tit for tat isn't a great moral argument. The most that can be said for justification was that it was an escalation that had to be met to stay in the game.

Was the A-bombing of Japan racially motivated? That's a harder assertion to prove. There was probably some component of that, given the racial attitudes of the time. I think it made it an easier "sell" to the American public. I doubt it was a major factor. Mainly I think it was a new toy we wanted to play with; we wanted to show the Soviets who was boss, and Japan had the misfortune of coming up on the short list.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Hunt wrote: Mainly I think it was a new toy we wanted to play with; we wanted to show the Soviets who was boss, and Japan had the misfortune of coming up on the short list.
http://images3.memedroid.com/images/UPL ... 63e43.jpeg

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

I wonder if she can tölt? The gene survives in some Norwegian ponies.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Pretty impressive. I wonder if she needs to be tranqed to have her teeth floated.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Bhurzum wrote:
Hunt wrote: Mainly I think it was a new toy we wanted to play with; we wanted to show the Soviets who was boss, and Japan had the misfortune of coming up on the short list.
http://images3.memedroid.com/images/UPL ... 63e43.jpeg
Someone broke the pit...again...and I think I know who.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Hunt wrote: Someone broke the pit...again...and I think I know who.
http://www.achievement-maker.com/xbox/' ... il.com.png

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

AHHH-HhHHHHHAAAHHHHHHHHHH

How did I miss this? Peter Dinklage played Herve Villachaize in a movie last year...

and SJWs attacked Dink for 'white-washing' Villachaize... because Dink isn't the same RACE as Tattoo........

yeah.. they don't have ANYTHING IN COMMON....

plus they were mad that he wore 'brownface' (dark make-up) to look more-like Villachaize...

Too white! No--- too brown! Fuck it-- Let's be mad about BOTH!

https://worldofwonder.net/peter-dinklag ... g-at-this/

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Service Dog wrote: AHHH-HhHHHHHAAAHHHHHHHHHH

How did I miss this? Peter Dinklage played Herve Villachaize in a movie last year...

and SJWs attacked Dink for 'white-washing' Villachaize... because Dink isn't the same RACE as Tattoo........

yeah.. they don't have ANYTHING IN COMMON....

plus they were mad that he wore 'brownface' (dark make-up) to look more-like Villachaize...

Too white! No--- too brown! Fuck it-- Let's be mad about BOTH!

https://worldofwonder.net/peter-dinklag ... g-at-this/
Those SJWs should pick on someone their own size.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Hunt wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:12 pm
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Do you consider the fire-bombing of cities for the specific purpose of killing civilians -- which the US did vs. Japan, and the US & Britain did vs. Germany -- also immoral and evil?
Yes, of course. There was a gradual escalation of ruthlessness. The Brits were generally opposed to bombing civilians (at the start). Americans kind of liked the idea, and it didn't take much to convince Churchill. By the end of the war everyone was doing it. Tit for tat isn't a great moral argument. The most that can be said for justification was that it was an escalation that had to be met to stay in the game.

Was the A-bombing of Japan racially motivated? That's a harder assertion to prove. There was probably some component of that, given the racial attitudes of the time. I think it made it an easier "sell" to the American public. I doubt it was a major factor. Mainly I think it was a new toy we wanted to play with; we wanted to show the Soviets who was boss, and Japan had the misfortune of coming up on the short list.
Allied troops slipping and sliding over human entrails slogging it out with the Nips probably weren't so convinced about imminent surrender. People were dying horribly every day and the allied soldiers had no reason to believe that imminent defeat would do anything other than increase Japanese desperation. There was a real danger of military and civilian revolt after the Japanese surrender. The article I've linked mentions a typhoon which hit Okinawa in Oct 1945 when forces were concentrated for the invasion, an event which would have crippled the invasion forces. The war was very far from over, not least in the minds of the Japanese.https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ed/376238/

As an indicator of the Japanese mentality, there's an incident in John Master's book ,"The Road Past Mandalay", where a British soldier looks down into a foxhole and sees a Japanese soldier sitting on top of an aerial bomb ready to detonate it. The Jap does nothing because he's waiting for a tank and is summarily shot.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Starbucks apologizes after police officers were asked to leave Arizona store
"The barista said that a customer 'did not feel safe' because of the police presence. The barista asked the officers to move out of the customer’s line of sight or to leave."
Good luck with that Starbucks ever calling 911.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote:

Pretty impressive. I wonder if she needs to be tranqed to have her teeth floated.
IDK, but I think she's winking in that shot.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

A contradiction I've seen so many times from SocJus cultists: Mockery and fear. I would think they're mutually exclusive, but apparently not.

My gut reaction to this was that the conversation was staged, because the man is such a perfect internet feminist bogeyman - "feminazi whore". Really? The man's behaviour is so absurd any normal person would have ended the conversation the moment there was any question of giving out a home address.

Nearly all the replies feature the usual 'nice guy' mockery and pearl-clutching.

It doesn't sound right to me and frankly looks more than a little like everyone involved knows it's not remotely serious. Inform the police, job done, surely? Or alternatively, drag the conversation out for longer than any rational person ever would so you can screenshot-dunk it for internet likes.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

I thought this was going to be about Jen McCreight

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I see that every time I have a Jodrell I'll be abusing a world heritage sit, now.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I wouldn't bank on it.

Don't go confusing the map with the territory.