You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
free thoughtpolice

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Bhurzum wrote:
Loved the book (Eaters of the dead) - movie is not bad.

Buliwyf, the stoic leader of the norsemen, is one of my favourite characters in all of fiction - well, if it counts as fiction.
The movie was filmed near here. The cannibal cave in the canyon below Elk Falls on the Campbell River. The viking village was in some logging slash next to Johnstone Strait.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

This may not have been the best mental health move, but after an afternoon of random samplings from the Paul Joseph Watson catalogue on YouTube, I haven't found a lot to disagree with. He points out problems in a way that could only be called 'racist' by those who disagree politically. Much of the commentary is the same down-to-earth common sense I hear from my wife's war stories as she comes home from work each evening as a child psychiatrist (it seems most of her advice is on sensible diet and getting enough sleep, most of the rest is not living on your phone, and a little bit is extremely esoteric drug adjustments for psychotic disorders etc). I've taken to 'liking' all his videos just to annoy our lizard-men overlords* at Google.

*Seems to me the best part of the flat-earthers' beliefs is it maximises the space available for undiscovered underground overlord societies!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The SJWs are misbehavin' at WEIT, and Coyne is swatting them:

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... nt-1750749

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Loved the Thirteenth Warrior. Michael Crichton. I really enjoyed Ahmad learning the language.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Loved the Thirteenth Warrior. Michael Crichton. I really enjoyed Ahmad learning the language.
"My mother was a pure woman from a noble family and I at least know who my father is, you pig eating son of a whore."

Top insult, right there.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

free thoughtpolice wrote: The movie was filmed near here. The cannibal cave in the canyon below Elk Falls on the Campbell River. The viking village was in some logging slash next to Johnstone Strait.
The scenery is breathtaking. I'd love to hike around the area and soak up some of the green.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The SJWs are misbehavin' at WEIT, and Coyne is swatting them:

It's all very interesting. Slate just published an article saying that the four congresswomen are "sensible, mainstream centrists":

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... tream.html

Polling proves it!

So there are two opposite stories:

1) Trump is attacking four sensible, mainstream centrists that everyone agrees with, costing him votes.

2) Trump is making the Democrats synonymous with four unpopular left-wing extremists, costing them votes.

I'm always surprised at the number of commenters are Jerry's who believe in story #1.

I think the reality is closer to #2 because most journalists exist in a small bubble of people who believe #1.

free thoughtpolice

Bhurzum wrote:
The scenery is breathtaking. I'd love to hike around the area and soak up some of the green.
Vancouver Island is loaded with beautiful scenery and greenery. You could live a long life and hike a different trail or fish a different spot every day for a lifetime. I can't think of anywhere in the world I'd rather live.
If you google images for Strathcona provincial park or Pacific Rim National Park you can get a glance of what I mean.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Bhurzum wrote:
Vancouver Island is loaded with beautiful scenery and greenery. You could live a long life and hike a different trail or fish a different spot every day for a lifetime. I can't think of anywhere in the world I'd rather live.
If you google images for Strathcona provincial park or Pacific Rim National Park you can get a glance of what I mean.
Paradise!

https://d2vwtsj9ucb3ii.cloudfront.net/a ... 4_n_v1.jpg

It's stunning during the warmer months but I'm a cold weather freak - some of the winter pictures are really making my feet itch!

https://www.pictorem.com/collection/900 ... ighRes.jpg

That steel-grey sky is simply beautiful. Nothing compares to a biting wind, snow underfoot and clean/crisp air. Not joking, if I didn't have my family ties here, I'd up-sticks right now.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Driftless wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:19 pm
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The SJWs are misbehavin' at WEIT, and Coyne is swatting them:

It's all very interesting. Slate just published an article saying that the four congresswomen are "sensible, mainstream centrists":

Polling proves it!

1) Trump is attacking four sensible, mainstream centrists that everyone agrees with, costing him votes.

2) Trump is making the Democrats synonymous with four unpopular left-wing extremists, costing them votes.

I'm always surprised at the number of commenters are Jerry's who believe in story #1.

I think the reality is closer to #2 because most journalists exist in a small bubble of people who believe #1.
WEIT is largely populated by left wing edgicated types and they are often of the sort quite impressed with their own superior understanding of the political world. Doesn't often occur to them that the plebs may actually have a better grasp of their own interests than academics or that a coarse bruiser like Trump may have better instincts on how to handle the likes of the Chinese and Russians than them. They also tend to assume the worst of people not like them politically, rather ironically. I love the way Trump's tweets have been distilled down to "darkies go home" when the thrust of his Tweets was more about pointing out the hatred of certain people for the US.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Loved the Thirteenth Warrior. Michael Crichton. I really enjoyed Ahmad learning the language.
That extended scene, where the conversation gradually turns understandable word-by-word, is sheer genius..

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Well, me and Mrs L are heading back to the UK on Weds, first time in five years for me. We land at LHR at 7.10 on Thursday, have a seven-hour layover (we'll pop into town), then hoots mon, it's off tae Inverness, where my sister and her husband run a hotel in the Cairngorms NP.

Back to London for a few days, to a VRBO in Hampstead, then out to Essex where my oldest buddy - I've known him since '71 - is getting married for the first time two months before his 60th.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Don't forget your knife license.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Driftless wrote:

Polling proves it!

Given that Slate's writing staff is largely composed of hard left authors who consider themselves to be pragmatic centrists, their argument is unsurprising. Over the last 4-5 years they've gone from being my go-to center-left opinion journalism source to the loony left cornfield alongside the likes of Salon, HuffPo, and Vox. I think it dates to the beginning of the rise of identity politics, rather than anything to do with the 2016 election. Concomitantly, their writing staff has become very disproportionately LGBT, which is a reflection of where their ideological hiring priorities lie.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

And this is why trump will be reelected:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ource=feed

The Ken Fucking Kucek's of the world commandeering the Democratic Party.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Is everybody absolutely certain that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is black?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Wow that Ayanna Pressley is a major league biatch.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

AOC was jewish in front of the jewish audience...

nytimes:
The announcement seemed to delight the Queens synagogue celebrating Hanukkah, according to video of the event. Amid laughter, Ms. Ocasio-Cortez replied to someone in the crowd. “He’s like: ‘I told you! I knew it! I sensed it!”
And black down south...

and "decendants of native people"...

but seriously folks she's mexican because they don't know the difference between toilets and sinks and garbage disposals :rimshot:

Just kidding. She's Symbionese

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:04 am
Muslim footballer Franck Ribery gets a soaking from his Bayern Munich team mates who drench him in beer during title celebrations
Frenchman, 30, had large glass of beer poured over his head
Footage of him running away from players trying to soak him went viral
Fans said he would be 'p******' off' because alcohol is against his religion
Wowser. They're only prohibited from drinking the stuff.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Bhurzum wrote:
Paradise!

snip

It's stunning during the warmer months but I'm a cold weather freak - some of the winter pictures are really making my feet itch!

snip

That steel-grey sky is simply beautiful. Nothing compares to a biting wind, snow underfoot and clean/crisp air. Not joking, if I didn't have my family ties here, I'd up-sticks right now.
But you've got to watch out for the bears (apparently)

https://media.timeout.com/images/100446 ... /image.jpg

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote: But you've got to watch out for the bears (apparently)
That's ok, I'll wear a MAGA hat and obtain some free bear mace.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Shouldn't that be Roots Mon.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

InfraRedBucket wrote:

"My name is Kunta Kinte!"

(sound of haggis bouncing off head)

"Naw it isnae, yir name's Angus McGlumpher!"

I'll smoke a turd in hell for that one... :(

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Driftless wrote:

Polling proves it!

Given that Slate's writing staff is largely composed of hard left authors who consider themselves to be pragmatic centrists, their argument is unsurprising. Over the last 4-5 years they've gone from being my go-to center-left opinion journalism source to the loony left cornfield alongside the likes of Salon, HuffPo, and Vox. I think it dates to the beginning of the rise of identity politics, rather than anything to do with the 2016 election. Concomitantly, their writing staff has become very disproportionately LGBT, which is a reflection of where their ideological hiring priorities lie.
Yeah, I have read Slate since it started. It has slowly moved left, although they think everyone else has moved right. The UVA rape case era was where I started reading the comments for laughs. I think the issue with Slate and with journalism in general is that the cheapest writers tend to be young women in New York or San Francisco. The funny thing is that no one can live on the salary that online places pay so they either have rich parents or a rich boyfriend/husband. But it is a bubble. So they think they are in the majority because "everyone they know" agrees with them, not realizing that they are part of a very small slice of the population.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: We land at LHR at 7.10 on Thursday, have a seven-hour layover (we'll pop into town), then hoots mon, it's off tae Inverness, where my sister and her husband run a hotel in the Cairngorms NP.
I meant to say, if you get the chance, take a wee trip to the Ptarmigan restaurant:

https://visitcairngorms.com/dbeatdrinks ... n/180.html

Even though it's currently closed for the season (see website), there are some very scenic (and easy-going) trails up to and around the area. I used to run MLT courses up there - Mountain Leader Training (teaching experienced climbers how to plan/conduct minor expeditions with groups of chimps in tow) - it's a very beautiful part of the country and you'll not regret spending a day there. Obviously, you'll want to prepare for the trip - plenty of hydration, warm clothes, waterproofs (it's Scotland - "soaking" is the default state) and a coms-plan just in case you have an ackie-dent.

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/a54a ... cd~mv2.jpg

Also worth a visit - Aviemore. However, be warned, it's pretty expensive (tourism and all that) but has a few nice venues for shopping, eating and grabbing a refreshing hangover. There used to be an excellent little inn on the outskirts, I think it was called "The Salmon Leap" (can't find an online footprint), you could sit out on the back balcony and eat/drink whilst watching dirty great salmon trying to hoof themselves up a little waterfall ten feet from your table. It'll be sad if the place is gone/closed.

https://www.easyjet.com/en/holidays/sha ... otland.jpg

Anyhoo, hope you have a braw time, don't get too drunk and that the midges don't chomp yir airse! I'd scoot up there and buy you a dram but I'm snowed under at the moment plus I'm not sure you'd want to be seen in public with a hulking fascist knuckle-dragger. :P

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Just kidding. She's Symbionese
BPE

John D

Post by John D »

Peter Thiel is a pretty smart dood. He makes an interesting point here. Google has a "Manhattan Project" for AI working with the Chinese.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

John D wrote: Peter Thiel is a pretty smart dood. He makes an interesting point here. Google has a "Manhattan Project" for AI working with the Chinese.

I'm sure multiple governments have agents inside tech companies. They hire whoever they can get and a large percentage of engineering staff are foreign born. So it would be easy to have an agent get a job or find someone already employed to pay off. I doubt they have strong controls over data access, so it is probably not too hard to access data from the inside.

A better way is to have people at the western company's offices in China. Here is what I think Hauwei does: let the western companies hire new college graduates and train them (while they learn the western company's technology) and then hire them after a few years. I know of one case, and I'm sure there are many others.

Guest_c04ee1e2

Post by Guest_c04ee1e2 »

I'd like to apologise to the pyt and to Matt in particular for my recent outburst. I had interjected a simple question without disclosing that the problem of the faked hoo-ha was layered in a defamation that had already been going on for an entire year of criminal trial and I finally had a chance to understand why my neighbors had turned against me. My skin was very raw, and I treated Matt's decently-natured comments as an excuse to conjure a weak flame in Matt's general direction, and the feeling was good, and I appreciate Matt's restraint and prescription of Midol and water. I'm actually one of his biggest fans.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Guest_c04ee1e2 wrote: I'd like to apologise to the pyt and to Matt in particular for my recent outburst. I had interjected a simple question without disclosing that the problem of the faked hoo-ha was layered in a defamation that had already been going on for an entire year of criminal trial and I finally had a chance to understand why my neighbors had turned against me. My skin was very raw, and I treated Matt's decently-natured comments as an excuse to conjure a weak flame in Matt's general direction, and the feeling was good, and I appreciate Matt's restraint and prescription of Midol and water. I'm actually one of his biggest fans.
No polly loggy needed, brat.

Wow, now I have half as many fans as Dr. Richard Carrier, PhD!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Guest_c04ee1e2 wrote: I'd like to apologise to the pyt and to Matt in particular for my recent outburst. I had interjected a simple question without disclosing that the problem of the faked hoo-ha was layered in a defamation that had already been going on for an entire year of criminal trial and I finally had a chance to understand why my neighbors had turned against me. My skin was very raw, and I treated Matt's decently-natured comments as an excuse to conjure a weak flame in Matt's general direction, and the feeling was good, and I appreciate Matt's restraint and prescription of Midol and water. I'm actually one of his biggest fans.
No polly loggy needed, brat.

Wow, now I have half as many fans as Dr. Richard Carrier, PhD!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Wow, now I have half as many fans as Dr. Richard Carrier, PhD!
But nowhere near as many girlfriends.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

I own dogs because I miss owning slaves.

Even though I've never owned slaves.

Wait, what?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Wow, now I have half as many fans as Dr. Richard Carrier, PhD!
So many fine ones!
amanda_the_hutt.jpg
(16.92 KiB) Downloaded 182 times

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
So many fine ones!

amanda_the_hutt.jpg
The file name...lol!

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

InfraRedBucket wrote:

BPE level spliff.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote:

Wait, what?
Cats have slaves.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Bhurzum wrote:

Wait, what?
White people are genetically predisposed to owning slaves?

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Driftless wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:

Wait, what?
Literally the master race.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Driftless wrote:
Driftless wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:

Wait, what?
Literally the master race.
When did you hear of slave owners:

1) Lifting a steaming mound of freshly dumped shit after the slave, whilst maintaining eye contact, grunted it out onto the floor?

2) Fighting off slaves who constantly try to hump his leg?

3) Nearly freeze to death because the slaves steal the quilt off the bed in the middle of the night even though the slave owner has made it abundantly clear the bedroom is out of bounds?

4) Constantly has to wash the quilt cover(s) because - see 3) above?

5) Has to guard his plate because the slaves don't understand what "gerroff my food, y'buggers" means?

I could go on but I need to go outside and grab some fresh air. The slaves, currently stretched out in front of the fire, have been farting all night and the fumes are making me light headed.

Slaves?

I'm doing it wrong.

free thoughtpolice

Kiwi in Oz wrote:
But you've got to watch out for the bears (apparently)
The facts are that even though Vancouver Island has more Black Bears per acre, it is even more true about Cougars.
I per4sonally find then more predatory than bears. :rimshot:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Service Dog wrote: Just kidding. She's Symbionese
BPE
Fuck. I wuz joking around... but I was RIGHT...
"Symbionese" concept
In his manifesto "Symbionese Liberation Army Declaration of Revolutionary War & the Symbionese Program", Donald DeFreeze wrote, "The name 'symbionese' is taken from the word symbiosis and we define its meaning as a body of dissimilar bodies and organisms living in deep and loving harmony and partnership in the best interest of all within the body."[1] The political symbiosis DeFreeze describes means the unity of all left-wing struggles, feminist, anti-racist, anti-capitalist, and others. DeFreeze wanted all races, genders, and ages to fight together in a left-wing united front, and to live together peacefully.[2]

The SLA formed as a result of the prison visitation programs of the radical left-wing group Venceremos Organization and a group known as the Black Cultural Association in Soledad prison.
The 1976 film Network features a Maoist insurgent group, the Ecumenical Liberation Army. Although the film distinguishes it from the SLA, it is plainly a parody of the group and its relationship with the television business.[40][41] Over the course of the film, the ELA kidnaps an heiress and reeducates her into the group, robs a bank, and negotiates with the titular network for its own prime-time program, The Mao Tse-Tung Hour.
https://www.financialsamurai.com/wp-con ... 01/aoc.png

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

OZ - routinely.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Keating wrote: Whitepology
Well... I'm glad we finally sorted that out! REPARATIONS ACCOMPLISHED! Let us never speak of that past unpleasantness again. High five!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote:

Fucking ridiculous! How dare this ofay cavecunt suggest slavery ever ended!

(until the whitepology.)

p.s. Black people must love dogs because they wish they were white.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

That huge nyc blackout a few days ago... had zero effect on me. I might as well have been reading headlines from Timbuktu.

An hour ago... a gossipy app which provides alerts about nearby crime... said there were 3 people with guns in the smoke shop right downstairs.
Police responded, the app said. I had no idea that was happening. I didn't even get up to look out the window.

Likewise, internet journalism & tv news channels-- eagerly announced a RACEWAR between Trump and Pelosi and ICE and 4 antifa congresscunts.

But I was busy with Other Shit...

DAY 1
my oriental gf takes care of her elderly parents. Her mom fell in the bathroom. I had to go lift her up. Later she was too weak to get off the toilet. I had to lift her onto ambulance stretcher. She'll never get to return home. From now on: emergency room->rehab->places-where-old-people-go-until-they-die GF went along in the ambulance & had to miss a japanese streetwear magazine photoshoot, she was supposed to oversee. Photographer said he could handle it alone. Just one teen black boy model. 3 changes of clothes. I went along, like a golf caddy-- carrying the garment bag & suggesting interesting locations to take pictures.

Meanwhile, at the hospital, GF gets a call from friend of a friend... in LA. A celebrity is launching a cosmetic or fashion line or something-- and GF + me were recommended to be the local NYC leads for the promotional-launch-event-thingie. Would be a big step-up in my paygrade. Unlike most gigs, this celebrity is someone I've actually heard-of & think highly of.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/438724202a4 ... o1_400.gif

DAY 2
All day, CNN scrollbar across bottom of muted hospital TV-- assures me The Trumps Racist Tweet Racewar of 2019 is still the Most Important Thing. GF takes a call about the promo-event-job. In between meetings with doctor's assistant & social worker & rep from an old folks home-- drumming up business in the hospital ward. GF's sisters are there-- one a high-powered exec, smart but with severe ADD like an 80's yuppie cokehead. The other a flakey aging-hipster who sez kratom got her off opioids. (But really she does both). The flakey one has grandiose ideas about elderly dad giving up the apartment & moving in with her (so she can stop paying 1/3 of parents' rent & instead demand $ from the other 2 sisters). Plus renting out the apartment as Air B&B. (Which I have been drafted to run, in her mind.) Plus, whenever hospital staff stop by old mom's room-- flakey one blathers about herself & all her made-up ailments... and all her very-real knowledge of various painkillers. I silently wonder if she's ruining her mother's chance of being prescribed strong drugs. Will the staff be worried that daughter will steal the pills?

The day grew long. Back at home, I looked at the promo-event-job internal strategy documents. Realized the design of the thing is wide-open... as long as I meet their vague checklist of elements... I'm free to be a frickin Artiste... & design a weird artsy interior space for the event. Like I'm Warhol or Banksy or... Kanye! I'm intimidated by the opportunity. But maybe I should devote my attention to the trump racewar news instead.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

(the gig isn't a sure-thing yet)

Guest_5433a21c

Post by Guest_5433a21c »

This just in: an oh-so-woke "best of the Web" link aggregator is actually a hotbed of covert white supremacy.

When the site's owner begs for yet more donations, because he's spending $33,000 a month, most of it on the salary of seven moderators working shifts 24/7 deleting wrong speak, the membership brainstorms as to why so many have left the site, and so few have recently signed on. Then it's revealed: the super-woke site is in decline because it “is full of effective white supremacists”:
...the kind of effective white supremacists that are against racism in theory but won’t do anything to help, and in fact will see discussion about racism as taking up space / exhausting / patronizing. [....] These days, if you’re not actively thinking about race, you’re probably racist. And if you’re discouraging being less racist because it’s “exhausting”, or you critique it by saying ‘the tone should be better’ without actively doing anything to continue or support conversations about race, you’re probably definitely a white supremacist.

When a woke whitey woman responds,
I work in Diversity & Inclusion [...] I also chair an allyship group, and organize fund raisers for groups that help underrepresented minorities. [....] I understand that I am a white person in Western civilization, and as such will always be a part of systemic racism.

And at the end of the day, I want to come home and read something nice about cats being stuck in scanners without being called a white supremacist for it. [...] -- but if you're wondering why this site has fewer users than ever, maybe consider that there is a whole world out there, offline and online, where people are making a difference and that doesn't involve performative Doing The Work on [this site].

The original commenter (plus several others who are not quoted) excommunicates woke whitey woman from the Church of Progressive Righteousness:
This is a horrifying comment, a kind of total entitlement. I cannot believe this is real. It's like a caricature of white fragility and white supremacy and white entitlement! [....] how incredibly entitled, tone-deaf this is. [...] I am blown away and utterly saddened by so many comments by so many posters that are actively making it harder for IBPOC[*] here.

Unfortunately, the thread never reaches any conclusions as to why they're losing members. If only we could figure that out!

Another choice morsel of progressive revelation, from the same thread: "Complaint is an effective way of working against, of pushing on the idea that joy is attainable in an inequitable world, or that joy is worthy, or even moral."

Plus, lots of talk about Social Justice "101" versus "201" "education".

The entire thread (1263 comments, until some are deleted as heretical) is incredibly long but oh-so-important, an amazing snapshot of the "friendly fire" and collateral cannibalistic carnage in the trenches of Social Justice Warfare.

If that's not enough, you can additionally Educate Yourself with their latest thread (this one limited to comments by POC only) on what makes the site so horribly white and racist.

* The "IBPOC" (Indigenous Black People of Color, used non-ironically)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Guest_5433a21c wrote: If that's not enough, you can additionally Educate Yourself with their latest thread (this one limited to comments by POC only) on what makes the site so horribly white and racist.
I'd sooner cover myself head-to-toe in papercuts then go swimming in sewage.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Guest_5433a21c wrote: If that's not enough, you can additionally Educate Yourself with their latest thread (this one limited to comments by POC only) on what makes the site so horribly white and racist.
On the internet, nobody knows you're Whitey McWhite White.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Thank God, if you'd :nin: me on that one, I really would have started to wonder.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Well I for one am glad of the contribution women made to the Space Race.
Who's going to play them in the film?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Well I for one am glad of the contribution women made to the Space Race.

I'm happy to give them credit where credit's due. Those suits were works of art. They also had vicious quality control. I recall there's a story where one of the women discovered a flaw in the stitching of another, and came up behind her and stuck her with a needle. Imagine that happening in today's workplace?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I recall there's a story where one of the women discovered a flaw in the stitching of another, and came up behind her and stuck her with a needle. Imagine that happening in today's workplace?
Yep, that was in Moon Machines, a 6-parts documentary that I highly recommend. It deals with engineering and manufacture during the space race.

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote: (the gig isn't a sure-thing yet)
Good luck with your gig. Sounds great. Don't let the universe (including sick parents) stop you from going after this.

I can't understand why CNN is still the network of choice at hospitals and airports. It is complete crap.... but there are not many options. MSNBC or Fox? I don't think so. It makes me feel like someone could start a small cable channel that is called something like "Only Headlines"..... "The Oh!" You could design it so there is an announcer, but mostly it will focus on the video only. In between the headlines you could add a cat or dog video just to get a chuckle in. It actually sounds pretty great to me.

Sorry about your girl's folks. Getting old is not pretty. Luckily, my old man made enough money to get decent care (even in America). My mom (92 yo) and dad (93 yo) are in independent care and they have a helper that puts in 50 hours a week with them. My siblings complain about my dad all the time and make my mom out to be a saint.... and they forget that he is the one that saved a million dollars before he retired (as a small business owner). Getting old with no money in the bank is total shit.

My dad's memory is so bad he forgets I am married... etc. He forgets that he has been in the dinning room at the care place every day....etc. I took him to lunch like I always do and he says.... "Oh... I've never been here before!" and I will say "Well, let's try it.... it looks pretty good."

Crazy siblings... I got that too. I help them all the time, but you have to put on limits or they suck the life out of you.

Monday was good. I fasted and had a work out and said to myself... "I need everybody to get the fuck out of my head. Get out of my head". So, I listened to HMS Pinafore, and did my workout, and laughed and laughed. Too bad the English aren't funny anymore. "and he never says the big big 'D'!.. what never?...no never... what never?.... well.... hardly ever! Hardly ever says the big big "D"!

Anyway... good luck!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Iowa agency director asked to resign day after emailing Tupac lyrics to all 4,300 department employees

Iowa Human Services Director Jerry Foxhoven frequently sent such messages to various employees praising Tupac’s musical work, but was asked by Gov. Kim Reynolds (R) to resign last month after he sent the agencywide email.

The AP ... was given 350 pages worth of emails with the words “Tupac” or “2Pac” sent to and from Foxhoven during his two-year tenure at the helm of Iowa’s Department of Human Services....

For years, Foxhoven hosted weekly “Tupac Fridays” where he would play the rapper’s music in the office. He also brought Shakur-themed cookies to the office to celebrate his 65th birthday, some with the iconic phrase “Thug life” written on them....

He said he sent the email in an attempt to break down racist stereotypes about rap music.
wigger.jpg
(16.16 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Well I for one am glad of the contribution women made to the Space Race.

Whoopi Goldberg, Oprah Winfrey, that other black one whose gonna apparently be the new James Bond, and Munroe Bergdorf (sassy black transgender dealing with a subplot about transphobe Buzz Aldrin checking his cishet white male privilege and coming to acknowledge xer as the true hero of the moon mission).