You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Service Dog

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Service Dog »

This old Moby music video is set in the bar where I spent the previous decade. Halfway thru, the music stops & the guy in the fedora tells the puppet-character to settle down. That guy is real-- he dressed like that & worked there, for 2 decades. He died this week. He was inside a museum-ish public attraction, after hours, & fell 4 stories. He lived a couple days, was coherent in the hospital, thought he would recover after serious surgery, but he died.

We were 'close' from having experienced many nights at that bar alongside each-other, tho not-really 'together'. We shared a certain perspective like two flies on the same wall. We acted like old-friends, but we didn't intentionally 'keep up' with details of each-other's lives, beyond whatever mutual friends happened to offer. Often he wasn't very communicative-- he usually answered questions like "how are you?", "what's new?", "how's business"... with the same few vague hippie-ish catchphrases... I was never sure if they were his profound mantras or if he was blowing-me-off. He'd say "it's all perfect, kid, everything's perfect."

Occasionally, when he did have the urge to share news-- about a stupid decision by the bar owner or physically throwing-out an unruly customer-- things one wouldn't blab to just-anyone-- he'd tell me freely, knowing I'd understand the context & I wouldn't repeat it to the wrong ears. He was an old-fashioned native new yorker, which made it easy to play by his rules-- if he muttered something out of the corner of his mouth, it automatically sounded like "mum's the word, seeee?" All I had to do was act like we were in a prohibition gangster movie & my role was clear.

At first, I heard he fell while helping his family do some type of work (classic irish catholics who owned once-famous bars, now closed). Then I heard he wasn't with his family-- he stopped in an abandoned building in Jersey to watch the sun set. He had a quiet, hippie, eastern-mystical, marijuana side... so this made sense. I heard he was startled by security guards & fell. Then I heard loose speculation that maybe he wasn't alone, but his companion fled & he covered-up for them by not mentioning them in the hospital. I wanted that talk to stop-- before it morphed into fingerpointing at some random possible person who miiight have abandoned him in pain. Then we learned he was at the public attraction. Maybe trespassing, or-- I have my own private (but totally unproven) theory-- about who might have had legit access & let him in. I haven't told anyone-- don't want to add to the nonsense.

There's very little mention of the incident online. But a police source described his fall using the word 'apparent' followed by intentional self-harm. Fucking cop-- what are you basing that on? Is it nothing-more than anytime a guy falls a long distance with no-other 'apparent' cause, then he 'apparently' was suicidal? I don't find that theory impossible-- but I have huge reasons to doubt it. A news source extrapolated from the police source-- and used the word "jumped" in their headline. The article's comments section contains random strangers-- 1000% certain that it was suicide-- speculating he was "off his meds", or that he was a jerk for offing himself in a public family location, or that wasn't a jerk-- he was just too crazy-suicidal to think about how his actions would affect others. Ironic-- the cop & the news & the commenters & the gossipers-- aren't thinking about how their words affect his friends & family & his memory. Now there's this shadow of suicide over a death which may be no-such thing. One commenter attempts to defend him-- but their comment is a different sort of speculation. That person is trying to be 'helpful', but it's not helpful to allege there was something negligent about contstruction work being done at the venue-- and that he wasn't alone when he fell. Maybe it's true & this person has inside info... but a few sloppily worded sentences in a public comments section is hardly the right place or right way.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I'm not even positive that there is no convincing evidence against Trump, but if someone wants me to believe that then they'd need to provide some references first. "Its obvious and you're a Trump loving moron if you disagree" is not a sufficient argument.
Oh, the Mueller report definitely states the Trump campaign tried to collude, but was too inept to pull it off. And that Trump obstructed justice on multiple occasions. But you can't sell that story. It's ovah -- move along.

The leftist elite, living in its own self-reinforcing bubble and clueless as to how ordinary folks live or think, is fast approaching Heaven's Gate level suicidal certainty.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Simultaneous with the above news-- my oriental girlfriend's mom has contracted pneumonia in the nursing home, 10 days after arriving.

GF requested pneumonia vaccination as-soon as Ma was admitted. The home said they couldn't find the form to request it... so GF hand-wrote & signed a request. The vax was never administered. Then pneumonia broke-out in the home, and 3 people have died. Now Ma got it, too. And the staff is doing a lot of dubious shit: they've parked Ma's wheelchair on another floor, in a rec room with other patients-- with no mask on her face to stop spreading the disease... and not notifying that-floor's staff. All the hand-santizer stations were empty. They staff aren't cleaning tables in front of where the old folks cough. They didn't notify the physical therapist that Ma is too sick for rehab exercise. Her spare clothes have been missing for over a week. She's not wearing a credential wristband-- the barcode on it isn't being scanned to track whether she's getting her meds. The list goes on & on. Some of the staff have a bad attitude. Some are well-intentioned but lack guidence about what-to-do. GF has an eagle eye for poor practices. The patients' rights advocate Ombudsman-lady noticed GF questioning the staff-- & asked her to repeat her observations. The state Dept of Aging is likely to become involved. One old woman-- finding-out that she might be discharged into a fucking homeless shelter-- already reported the place to the Department of Health.

GF's family are literally poker-faced gangsters. Other patients' families are afraid-- if they upset the staff with complaints-- their elderly family members might be mistreated, when family isn't there to witness. But GF's attitude is 'go ahead & torture my mom. it won't save you from big trouble. fixing the mess & Ma recovering fully-- is your only hope.' GF is impressive, but scares me a bit, too.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:09 am
She looks like a middle aged Titania McGrath.
I really tried to like the book, but it's too wordy, and her writing style is shitty.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Uh-oh, looks like yet another nasty shooting in the states...

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Bhurzum wrote: Uh-oh, looks like yet another nasty shooting in the states...

His purported manifesto:
https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1526801 ... t-shooting
In the manifesto he states he wanted suicide by cop (the shooter surrendered) so either he lost his nerve or didn't write the above manifesto.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:09 am
She looks like a middle aged Titania McGrath.
I really tried to like the book, but it's too wordy, and her writing style is shitty.
That lady looks like a dude. Hmm, dude looks like a lady ... OMFG, it's Steven Tyler!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Service Dog wrote: Simultaneous with the above news-- my oriental girlfriend's mom has contracted pneumonia in the nursing home, 10 days after arriving.

GF requested pneumonia vaccination as-soon as Ma was admitted. The home said they couldn't find the form to request it... so GF hand-wrote & signed a request. The vax was never administered. Then pneumonia broke-out in the home, and 3 people have died. Now Ma got it, too. And the staff is doing a lot of dubious shit: they've parked Ma's wheelchair on another floor, in a rec room with other patients-- with no mask on her face to stop spreading the disease... and not notifying that-floor's staff. All the hand-santizer stations were empty. They staff aren't cleaning tables in front of where the old folks cough. They didn't notify the physical therapist that Ma is too sick for rehab exercise. Her spare clothes have been missing for over a week. She's not wearing a credential wristband-- the barcode on it isn't being scanned to track whether she's getting her meds. The list goes on & on. Some of the staff have a bad attitude. Some are well-intentioned but lack guidence about what-to-do. GF has an eagle eye for poor practices. The patients' rights advocate Ombudsman-lady noticed GF questioning the staff-- & asked her to repeat her observations. The state Dept of Aging is likely to become involved. One old woman-- finding-out that she might be discharged into a fucking homeless shelter-- already reported the place to the Department of Health.

GF's family are literally poker-faced gangsters. Other patients' families are afraid-- if they upset the staff with complaints-- their elderly family members might be mistreated, when family isn't there to witness. But GF's attitude is 'go ahead & torture my mom. it won't save you from big trouble. fixing the mess & Ma recovering fully-- is your only hope.' GF is impressive, but scares me a bit, too.
Dog, are you a real person or an episode of The Sopranos?

John D

Post by John D »

Yeah well fuck... another American loser with a suicide fantasy hyped up on anti-depressive medication no doubt. Now we get to hear the endless screeching of gun control advocates and politicians ready to destroy everyone's rights. Hedonist America is sometimes a complete piece of shit. Rich people with no ethics and no purpose.... fuck...

When do we have the discussion that these shooters are usually on medication for depression known to cause violent reactions.... hey you medical doctor fuckers.... you are the ones doing this. Face the facts... you have no medication to effectively treat depression. All you do is make people zombies or killers... yeah... but at least they didn't kill themselves!

30,000 people are killed in the US every year and the only ones I hear about are the handful shot by a psycho in a Walmart or the pretty college girl killed by her boyfriend. What about all those other fuckers that got killed... oh yeah... they are just a bunch of poor black people.. and well... you know... we treat them like little kids so sometimes they is goona act bad. They just can't help it. Can't be blamin the shootins on no black folks. After all, they all was slaves 150 years ago and ain't been regular since.

end of rant

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote: Yeah well fuck... another American loser with a suicide fantasy hyped up on anti-depressive medication no doubt. Now we get to hear the endless screeching of gun control advocates and politicians ready to destroy everyone's rights. Hedonist America is sometimes a complete piece of shit. Rich people with no ethics and no purpose.... fuck...

When do we have the discussion that these shooters are usually on medication for depression known to cause violent reactions.... hey you medical doctor fuckers.... you are the ones doing this. Face the facts... you have no medication to effectively treat depression. All you do is make people zombies or killers... yeah... but at least they didn't kill themselves!

30,000 people are killed in the US every year and the only ones I hear about are the handful shot by a psycho in a Walmart or the pretty college girl killed by her boyfriend. What about all those other fuckers that got killed... oh yeah... they are just a bunch of poor black people.. and well... you know... we treat them like little kids so sometimes they is goona act bad. They just can't help it. Can't be blamin the shootins on no black folks. After all, they all was slaves 150 years ago and ain't been regular since.

end of rant
You ever visit a drive-thru safari park? They used to be a regular feature of my childhood - hours spent watching (and drawing) lions, baboons and rhinos from the safety of the back seat of my father's car. If the conditions were right, we would even feed some of the more mild-mannered beasties through a partially lowered window - giraffes usually - and this was always a thrill to young Bhurzum. The "buzz" of watching dangerous animals, a loud noise or sudden movement away from frenzy or flight, had a very lasting impact upon me. To this day, I'm a natural history fiend and love watching docu's on animals.

America today has the same feel to it. I watch from the relative safety of my armchair, cheer as the police baton-charge the hippies, wring my hands as antifa spray bear-mace into the face of elderly women and of course, suck air through gritted teeth as yet another psycho brasses up a bunch of innocent bystanders.

Red in tooth and claw, that's America.

Yup, it's just like the safari visits of my youth...minus the plastic elephant toy at the end of the trip. :(

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

John D wrote: When do we have the discussion that these shooters are usually on medication for depression known to cause violent reactions.... hey you medical doctor fuckers.... you are the ones doing this. Face the facts... you have no medication to effectively treat depression. All you do is make people zombies or killers... yeah... but at least they didn't kill themselves!
I'm not sure how you would begin to definitively prove this, which is probably why it's a controversial topic. How would you distinguish between drug induced violence, and violence sourced in the underlying ailment? Add to that the fact that many drugs can have "paradoxical" reactions in people, producing even the opposite effect they have in the majority of cases. This is probably keyed to specific individual neurochemistry and genetics.

On the other hand, certain general truths seem to have been established, e.g. that SSRIs can cause suicidal ideation in adolescents. Maybe a medical doctor fucker could weigh in. :mrgreen:

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Medical doctor fucker here. Yes, all antidepressants can cause suicidal ideation, and the odd thing is that it's a sign they are working. Depressive symptoms can spiral down into suicidal fantasies, thoughts and plans (in that order, together known as suicidal ideation). At the same time, the depression reduces motivation to plan and execute, and the energy involved. When antidepressive treatments work, including ECT and phototherapy as well as drugs, the physical symptoms remit before the mood lifts. Consequently one gets energy to perform the suicidal plans before the mood lifts to negate them. This is always the way that antidepressants are associated with increased risk of suicide 1 to 2 weeks into treatment. People begin to be more active rather than sitting and staring into the abyss, and decide to fix the problem once and for all. John is right that this is seem more in youth rather then adults, perhaps because of greater impulsivity. It's a shame that 'black box restrictions' have led to many SSRIs being considered inappropriate for treating adolescents; it ends up meaning all we do is give them the less effective drugs rather than the effective ones. The proper solution is to monitor young people very closely in the early part of treatment, not to deny them treatments that can work. There is no evidence that SSRI-treated patients who have gone past this critical stage of treatment have a risk of suicide over and above those treated with other drugs. All treatments at this stage have a lower risk that no treatment.

There is a broader point about whether SSRIs work at all. The manufacturers have muddied the water dreadfully by not publishing negative results and only publishing the positive. If statistical significance is p=0.05, then you can do 20 trials and have one positive by chance alone, and if that's the only one you publish you have the same issue as we have with Lilly and MSD. Read all about it in Bad Pharma. It's a shame they did this in the name of maximised profit, as the drugs definitely are effective when used properly. Simply throwing an SSRI at any old problem to get the problem out of the door doesn't count. It won't work then. But for actual depression, or panic attacks, or OCD, the drugs are effective, allowing for the usual caveats. Most depressives take an average of three drugs before they find the one that suits them best. Some never do; the 'treatment-resistant depressions'. SSRIs are a first line because they are safe (you can't really kill yourself with an OD) and relatively kind in terms of side-effects. They also work quickly, with first signs of response at around five days instead of two weeks for older drugs. In return, they tend to wear off even when successful after a couple of years. Then you move to an SNRI, which have largely taken the place of tricyclics if you need a drug acting on norepinephrine reuptake as well or instead of serotonin. SNRIs share characteristics with tricyclics, being slower to work but tending not to wear off. They are more dangerous in OD, and tricyclics are routinely fatal in a well-executed overdose. There are other oddball drugs, including the old MAOIs, one of which we still use, tetracyclics, bupropion and flupenthixol.

Perhaps the simplest way to find out if any of these things work is to ask patients. I'd restrict your sample to people with properly diagnosed depressive illness. The majority will talk about it in life-saving terminology. The other curious thing is that if you also ask medical doctor fuckers how they would want their depression treated a surprising percentage will opt for unilateral ECT as a quick, effective treatment that is relatively free of long term side effects (memory issues minimised if you avoid bilateral stimulation, and only affect memories formed around the time of treatment anyway). That's a recommendation to bear in mind! I used to administer ECT at a psychiatric unit in London and it's not an uncivilised process anymore. Pretty much the same as having a colonoscopy or similar routine brief procedure.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

I didn't address medication causing violence. You know all about correlation and causation. There is a tendency for troubled people to be placed on drugs as a well-meant attempt to help them. Mostly it cannot work if the trouble isn't a bona fide medical disorder that responds to that treatment. You can take an angry teenager with crappy parenting, no prospects, poor education, no self-knowledge and no self-governance, living in an online world of self-reinforcing whining. You give him an SSRI and access to firearms. Yep, let's blame the SSRI when the inevitable happens. That's attributing to the drug a causal relationship when all you have is an association. We currently have no evidence for anything beyond that and the fact is that long-term users of SSRIs complain bitterly of flattened emotions - no ups, no downs, no joy, no misery. Many stop the drugs feeling that this is worse than what they had before, but when they rediscover what that was like they go back on treatment. Just the very opposite of stimulating wild and impulsive acts of apocalyptic violence.

Few people, by the way, ought to have long-term treatment with SSRIs. Panic attacks and OCD you use as long as they are needed. Life and people change and it may not be forever. Rules for depression are:
First episode: minimum six months, with evidence that two year's of treatment makes any future relapse far less likely, and this is only true for first episodes. After a first episode you have a 50% chance of a second.
Second episode: just treat it. Probably minimum six months. No evidence of benefit for going further. You now have a 70% chance of a third episode.
Third episode: Stay on treatment forever. You have a 90% chance of continuing in a relapsing/remitting cycle, so better to prevent it. This is not just a matter of reducing symptoms and suffering, but depression breeds depression. The more episodes, the more likely you will have more still. Inadequately treated or untreated episodes especially likely to do this. Enough episodes, and again especially inadequately treated ones, and you are likely to end up in the world of treatment-resistant depression with no way of coming back. All this suggests that the population of neurons that can respond to drugs is reduced by the disease itself, leaving fewer to respond to the drugs next time. Eventually, there aren't enough to let the drugs work at all.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

If antidepressants can break the malaise of the potential suicidal from taking his life, might they also spur the sociopath into action?

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Another correlation, but many shooting perps are in the sweet spot for schizophrenia.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Hunt wrote: If antidepressants can break the malaise of the potential suicidal from taking his life, might they also spur the sociopath into action?
I know of no study suggesting anything close to that. If SSRIs were the cause of these horrible events wouldn't they happen in all countries where they are prescribed?
Driftless wrote: Another correlation, but many shooting perps are in the sweet spot for schizophrenia.
But remarkably few schizophrenics actually are violent. I've exchanged a few texts this morning whilst roasting coffee beans with a schizophrenic in Ontario. He was a patient some years ago and he still phones and texts me. I don't mind, he's a lovely guy, a Pink Floyd fan, and he enjoys telling me that he prays for me. OTOH, he weighs 350lb and has a couple of convictions for assault. Once, many years ago, he left our community hospital (three nurses at night, no security) at 3am and they called me. I knew the road to his home so drove along it and picked him up and returned him sheepishly to his bed. A few months ago he called me at 2am spouting nonsense. He'd been on a catholic 'retreat' involving fasting, vigils and other intense experiences inadvisable for a schizophrenic. I persuaded him to go to the nearest ER. During that admission his remaining family decided to disavow him and put his belongings out on the street. The hospital discharged him to the street and he found a place in a shelter for the homeless. Wonderful, wonderful 'community care'. I'm not going to tell him he can't phone me.

Schizophrenics aren't the problem. SSRIs aren't the problem. Combine anomie with a life lived online (where you can always find someone to reflect your opinions and doubts amplified tenfold), and you create a new diagnosis for which we don't yet have a name. Add access to weapons and you have a problem as well as a diagnosis.

John D

Post by John D »

screwtape wrote:
Hunt wrote: If antidepressants can break the malaise of the potential suicidal from taking his life, might they also spur the sociopath into action?
I know of no study suggesting anything close to that. If SSRIs were the cause of these horrible events wouldn't they happen in all countries where they are prescribed?
Driftless wrote: Another correlation, but many shooting perps are in the sweet spot for schizophrenia.
But remarkably few schizophrenics actually are violent. I've exchanged a few texts this morning whilst roasting coffee beans with a schizophrenic in Ontario. He was a patient some years ago and he still phones and texts me. I don't mind, he's a lovely guy, a Pink Floyd fan, and he enjoys telling me that he prays for me. OTOH, he weighs 350lb and has a couple of convictions for assault. Once, many years ago, he left our community hospital (three nurses at night, no security) at 3am and they called me. I knew the road to his home so drove along it and picked him up and returned him sheepishly to his bed. A few months ago he called me at 2am spouting nonsense. He'd been on a catholic 'retreat' involving fasting, vigils and other intense experiences inadvisable for a schizophrenic. I persuaded him to go to the nearest ER. During that admission his remaining family decided to disavow him and put his belongings out on the street. The hospital discharged him to the street and he found a place in a shelter for the homeless. Wonderful, wonderful 'community care'. I'm not going to tell him he can't phone me.

Schizophrenics aren't the problem. SSRIs aren't the problem. Combine anomie with a life lived online (where you can always find someone to reflect your opinions and doubts amplified tenfold), and you create a new diagnosis for which we don't yet have a name. Add access to weapons and you have a problem as well as a diagnosis.
Yeah.... I am possible just totally full of shit on this topic... but...

There is definitely something going on here regarding mental health treatment, mental disease, and these mass shootings.

Of course, the fact of the matter is that there is really not an increase in mass shooting. The numbers are pretty stable. The murder rate is way down in the US, but the death from mass shootings is pretty flat. Also, there really is not an increase in hate crimes in the US. The main stream media is having a joy ride on this topic. They get lots of eyeballs on this.

Sure, this happens in the US more often and I just think this is related to the large number of guns here. I don't see this changing any time soon. An "assault rifle" ban is just for show and will not have an effect. Reduction of clip sizes may have a small effect... but the shooter will just use more magazines.

The media is, of course, blaming Trump for all this because of his toxic language. Of course, securing the border would also provide a solution. White identitarianism was bound to happen here. Yippie! This is gonna be quite a ride.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I understand the PTSD and other conditions can (or at least some say) be treated with MDMA or other psychotropics.

Anyone feel up for a dance party?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Snopes is fact-checking the Babylon Bee, a conservative-leaning version of the Onion, with an aim to demonetize it on Facebook:

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2019/0 ... portant-us

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Pretty much each of these mass-murdering motherfuckers had a lengthy history of mental illness. Adam Lanza was a freaking 48,XXYY tard who lived in his mama's basement but got to play with her guns.

I'm fine with banning so-called 'assault rifles' (though I know folks who own them who would never go on a rampage.) But if we consistently 5150'd these incel whack jobs, we'd solve the entire problem.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Another mass shooting in Dayton, OH. Dude killed his sister, her BF, and several others. Cops killed him. He was wearing a sweatshirt with lyrics from the death metal band, Acacia Stain. Fucking sick & twisted:

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/acacias ... mirez.html

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

screwtape wrote:

God damn it, can we not just make screwtape President of the World? With Service Dog as VP so that the memoirs afterwards are charmingly written and involve a few midget Chinese hookers.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

screwtape wrote: Combine anomie with a life lived online (where you can always find someone to reflect your opinions and doubts amplified tenfold), and you create a new diagnosis for which we don't yet have a name. Add access to weapons and you have a problem as well as a diagnosis.
Sounds like a form of radicalization.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: God damn it, can we not just make screwtape President of the World? With Service Dog as VP so that the memoirs afterwards are charmingly written and involve a few midget Chinese hookers.
I'll need a trial run with the midget Chinese hookers, but the answer's still probably going to be no thanks!

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: snip

God damn it, can we not just make screwtape President of the World? With Service Dog as VP so that the memoirs afterwards are charmingly written and involve a few midget Chinese hookers.
My vote is for John to play Sarah Huckerbee Sanders.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

screwtape wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: God damn it, can we not just make screwtape President of the World? With Service Dog as VP so that the memoirs afterwards are charmingly written and involve a few midget Chinese hookers.
I'll need a trial run with the midget Chinese hookers, but the answer's still probably going to be no thanks!
Great. You're just the man we need. You don't want it, so you've got it.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Postmodern anti-science:

Starts with someone at the "March for Science" talking about "Indigenous Science". She gave no examples.

Talk about how "rigor" is chasing women (and minorities) out of engineering because it is all about erect, rigid things.

Talk about how men have ignored fluid dynamics because they are too interested in rigid bodies (see rigor, above).

Talk about how engineering needs to focus on issues that are important to women in order to attract more women to engineering. No examples, although she was in a studio using audio and video equipment that I assume is important to her.

In all cases there is a bunch of verbiage with no concrete examples.

It seems to me that all of these people are just trying to set up toll booths. Indigenous science means pay me to come to your conferences and give a talk. Women in engineering means give me a grant to study it, etc.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Driftless wrote: Talk about how "rigor" is chasing women (and minorities) out of engineering because it is all about erect, rigid things.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

The headline alone:

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/ ... 279678.php

The past six months have driven away all fucks about the left talking shit about him? Cause he had to have known this was going to bring out the knives and the fainting couches.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote: I've exchanged a few texts this morning whilst roasting coffee beans with a schizophrenic in Ontario. He was a patient some years ago and he still phones and texts me. I don't mind, he's a lovely guy, a Pink Floyd fan, and he enjoys telling me that he prays for me.
This can only be seen as a good thing.

If it wasn't for the occasional mention of a wife - I'd think it was just you and the rats.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

That reminds me - time to put some new wood shavings in her cage.

Basement

Post by Basement »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryJteQTPBlU

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Basement wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryJteQTPBlU
Can you imagine those retards trying to overthrow the system?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote: Can you imagine those retards trying to overthrow the system?
Well yes - I could well imagine them taking part in a 'go slow' - even if it wasn't officially organised.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Bhurzum wrote:
John D wrote: Yeah well fuck... another American loser with a suicide fantasy hyped up on anti-depressive medication no doubt. Now we get to hear the endless screeching of gun control advocates and politicians ready to destroy everyone's rights. Hedonist America is sometimes a complete piece of shit. Rich people with no ethics and no purpose.... fuck...

end of rant
You ever visit a drive-thru safari park? They used to be a regular feature of my childhood - hours spent watching (and drawing) lions, baboons and rhinos from the safety of the back seat of my father's car. If the conditions were right, we would even feed some of the more mild-mannered beasties through a partially lowered window - giraffes usually - and this was always a thrill to young Bhurzum. The "buzz" of watching dangerous animals, a loud noise or sudden movement away from frenzy or flight, had a very lasting impact upon me. To this day, I'm a natural history fiend and love watching docu's on animals.

America today has the same feel to it. I watch from the relative safety of my armchair, cheer as the police baton-charge the hippies, wring my hands as antifa spray bear-mace into the face of elderly women and of course, suck air through gritted teeth as yet another psycho brasses up a bunch of innocent bystanders.

Red in tooth and claw, that's America.

Yup, it's just like the safari visits of my youth...minus the plastic elephant toy at the end of the trip. :(
Luckily we've got the real thing...

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/cont ... rmat=2500w

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Bhurzum wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:39 am
Basement wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryJteQTPBlU
Can you imagine those retards trying to overthrow the system?
At least they have rules.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szd73ryg5bE

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Bhurzum wrote:
Driftless wrote: Talk about how "rigor" is chasing women (and minorities) out of engineering because it is all about erect, rigid things.
Definitely seems to be an obsession with male genitalia among the woke.

ThreeFlangedJavis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NIZvyESUB8

They need a binary tree structure to keep track of where they are in their stack of rules and interjections. I'd hate to see them discussing the catering.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Quelle surprise... The Guardian gives the live Titiania, a one star review:
They close comments suddenly as they start to pile up.

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2019/ ... tival-2019

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

More gun control tongue-wagging at WEIT:

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... nt-1758082

The leftist elite urbanites can't fathom any valid reason for owning a gun. They should spend some time in either my neighborhood or Service Dog's.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Driftless wrote: Definitely seems to be an obsession with male genitalia among the woke.
Their women yearn for them, while their men wonder what real ones are like.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NIZvyESUB8

They need a binary tree structure to keep track of where they are in their stack of rules and interjections. I'd hate to see them discussing the catering.
JEEZ. I actually opened that in an incognito browser otherwise I dread to think the sorts of recommendations Youtube will cough for me after watching any of that.

Isn't it remarkable how embedded these wokesters are in the tech capitalist monoliths like Apple and Google - carrying their macbooks and using IPads for voting - conveniently ignoring their dubious practices such as on tax avoidance , privacy or treatment of workers in non Western countries?

ThreeFlangedJavis

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:44 am

JEEZ. I actually opened that in an incognito browser otherwise I dread to think the sorts of recommendations Youtube will cough for me after watching any of that.

Isn't it remarkable how embedded these wokesters are in the tech capitalist monoliths like Apple and Google - carrying their macbooks and using IPads for voting - conveniently ignoring their dubious practices such as on tax avoidance , privacy or treatment of workers in non Western countries?
I've been playing more of their precious insanity in the background and wouldn't you know it, there's a black sex worker bitching about how she hears the white whores talking about their sugar daddies and her black body doesn't get to have one. It's comforting to know that they'll never get beyond debating the debating procedures and eliminating the smell of scented soap and the rustling of sweet wrappers.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Last night the nursing home' weekend Supervisor called GF-- to say her Ma had fallen out of bed. Not typical for Ma.

The Supervisor isn't a doctor. No doctor on site. Supervisor said he had 'done an assessment' that Ma didn't need medical care from the fall. I'll give them credit: it's good policy to call & notify about falls-- even when they don't think it was serious. But weekend Supervisor was unable to say when a doctor would next check Ma-- Monday? Tuesday?, or whether that doctor would prioritize Ma beyond making normal rounds.

Today GF went to the nursing home. At first, the staff couldn't find Ma. Someone had wheeled Ma downstairs to physical therapy-- despite the pneumonia & fall. Ma didn't sound disoriented-- like last night.

GF stuck-around, to see Dr. Wu Tan make his rounds. Wu Tan entered a common area with 13 patients in wheelchairs... and breezed thru checking them all-- in 10 minutes. He skipped over some. Others, he contented himself with "Are you ok?" Accepting "Yes" as sufficient to proceed to the next patient.

When Wu Tan approached Ma, girlfriend-- in Mandarin-- if he is a doctor. He was dismissive of GF in Mandarin, until she switched to perfect English & said she thought it was proper procedure for him to identify himself before examining patients.

Wu Tan's quick exam didn't address the fall-- until GF pointed it out to him-- at which point he said they'd do a CT scan. He ordered Ma to be taken off aspirin. GF said Ma isn't on asprin-- and named another blood thinner. Doctor said, "Are you a nurse?" "No." "You should be." Doctor walked-away, did his glance-check of the remaining patients-- then started to exit. GF pursued him-- asking if the CT scan would be performed on site? or would Ma be moved? and where? Wu Tan said-- "she's not getting a CT scan". The nurse (thrilled to see GF sticking-it-to Wu Tan) pointed to her notes,"You ordered a CT scan".

How many locations of this nursing home chain-- does Wu Tan 'examine' per day? How much does he bill? He didn't check patients' credentials-- how does he know who is who? GF is going to have a long conversation with the patient-rights advocate Ombudsman lady. And the Administrator.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

One of our CS lecturers at Bristol Uni used footage of a Roberts Rules-run meeting to show us how a push down stack worked.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Lsuoma wrote:

One of our CS lecturers at Bristol Uni used footage of a Roberts Rules-run meeting to show us how a push down stack worked.
"Push" and "pop" are part of Robert's Rules of Order?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The SJW pronoun mess... forces the Democratic Socialists to call each-other "comrade" as a gender-neutral term... making them sound like full-blown-commie-whackjobs.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Lsuoma wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:28 pm

Al least it keeps them busy and off the streets.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: The SJW pronoun mess... forces the Democratic Socialists to call each-other "comrade" as a gender-neutral term... making them sound like full-blown-commie-whackjobs.
It kinda works out though, seeing as they are full-blown-commie-whackjobs.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Feral hogs run wild in America.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:

I've been playing more of their precious insanity in the background and wouldn't you know it, there's a black sex worker bitching about how she hears the white whores talking about their sugar daddies and her black body doesn't get to have one. It's comforting to know that they'll never get beyond debating the debating procedures and eliminating the smell of scented soap and the rustling of sweet wrappers.
Looks like the conference videos have been pulled from their official YouTube site. Maybe they didn't like the publicity they were getting.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:

Looks like the conference videos have been pulled from their official YouTube site. Maybe they didn't like the publicity they were getting.
Fox News clipped the part where the guy wanted everyone to stop whispering and making noises to help with his sensory overload issues.

That was probably a big part of their decision.

I think they approved their open borders (eliminate ICE, eliminate CBP) declaration as officially part of their platform. SO I don;t think these comrades will be winning any elections.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Yaniv continues to be completely unaware that he continues to dig h**self into a hole:

ThreeFlangedJavis

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:44 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:

I wish our commie govt here in South Africa were kooky in the same way. Their end game is communism as anyone who has read the ANCs own historical literature can tell you. They laid out the roadmap for implementation and their strategy recognises that they can't just come out and say it explicitly. They've instead opted for the stealth approach and walk back their implementation a little whenever they get resistance. As with most commie institutions they are internally all about democracy with rules and regulations up the wazoo but do whatever they can get away with to make sure the public don't abuse their democratic rights by derailing their project. They think they are the country. Democracy is only desirable in as much as it helps them retain power and serves as a fig leaf internationally. The issue of land confiscation is wrongly seen internationally as being primarily about transfer of ownership to the black population. The fact is that the government is taking ownership of the land and leasing it to co-ops. These committed commies have paused along the way to strip state owned enterprises and any public or private resources they can get their grubby little hands on. The country is now effectively bankrupt and descending into violence and dis-repair. There is currently an internal struggle in the ANC between a corrupt and an absolutely corrupt and thuggish faction. The state owned electricity generator is soaking up billions of Rands in subsidies, most of which just seems to flow out the back door, with constant promises of turnaround strategies which never get anywhere. Obviously they are turning to the Chinese for funds. They're also eyeing up the private pension funds. The ANC has destroyed this country.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: More gun control tongue-wagging at WEIT:

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... nt-1758082

The leftist elite urbanites can't fathom any valid reason for owning a gun. They should spend some time in either my neighborhood or Service Dog's.
Or pretty much anywhere in the rural southwest or south. The fact that they are so oblivious to reality is a tribute to how well sealed the bubble actually is.

I grew up in rural Oklahoma, and pretty much everyone had at least a shotgun and a rifle, to deal with different sorts of varmints. We used ours regularly.

True story: The other day we were visiting some rural property, and one of the city folks with us expressed amazement that the well didn't look like at all like the ones Timmy fell down on Lassie.

Did they have guns on Lassie? Probably not, because if they did that anencephalic family would have shot themselves dead.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Not that I pay a lot of attention to the guy, but I like to keep up with the right-wing loons, just as I like to keep an eye on the left-wing loons:

Super intelligence and general Dunning-Kruger poster boy Vox Day makes an elementary probability miscalculation, and it's a doozy:

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2019/08/math ... mment-form

It's amusing only in so much as the confidence he uses to assert his ignorance. In reality, probability offers a number of utterly counter-intuitive results, one of which (unfortunately for Vox) is the unbelievably high probability that at least one individual will attend two mass events. It's similar to the infamous birthday problem.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Hunt wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:38 am
Not that I pay a lot of attention to the guy, but I like to keep up with the right-wing loons, just as I like to keep an eye on the left-wing loons:

Super intelligence and general Dunning-Kruger poster boy Vox Day makes an elementary probability miscalculation, and it's a doozy:

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2019/08/math ... mment-form

It's amusing only in so much as the confidence he uses to assert his ignorance. In reality, probability offers a number of utterly counter-intuitive results, one of which (unfortunately for Vox) is the unbelievably high probability that at least one individual will attend two mass events. It's similar to the infamous birthday problem.
The spectacular recent performances by left-wing loons have given the right-wingers a bit of a breather. They are ubiquitous in comments sections babbling on about the Jooze, Zionists, Satan, Holocaust hoaxes, Michael Obama and the coming Global Cooling. Youtubers like Sargon are at pains to deny responsibility for their followers, which is fair, but I wonder how comfortable they are with the conspiracy-theorising idiots that infest their comments.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Some more DSA Con procedural highlights or more accurately lows...

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

If anyone was brave enough to sit through that appalling video of Blaire White and Jessica Yaniv, you'll know that Yaniv pulled out a taser and clicked the button to prove it worked and then stated he knew it was illegal to own such in Canada. Now this:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote: If anyone was brave enough to sit through that appalling video of Blaire White and Jessica Yaniv...
No - Different life choices I guess.

Though there are many videos based on similar premises - if that is what people are looking for...