You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
KiwiInOz

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by KiwiInOz »

free thoughtpolice wrote: snip

Sirens have that irresistible allure. Mere mortal men like us are at their mercy.
Probably a hormone thing.
Coat me in honey and throw me to the Sirens.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz wrote:

Sirens have that irresistible allure. Mere mortal men like us are at their mercy.
https://i.imgur.com/9E1pghu.jpg

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:38 am
Pitchguest wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: If you think voters are racist, you have the right to negate elections you lose:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/t ... cna1110356
It's curious, really, how mainstream media outlets are just given carte blanche to lie about public figures like this with impunity. They can't even excuse it by saying it's an op-ed; they signed off on this. It's bloody shameless is what it is.
It's Nullification, and yes, it's extremely alarming that such anti-democratic notions are given a platform and respect by MSM.
This kind of article isn't surprising at all. It's been said, half in jest, that the left are trying to make being to the right of them or opposing them illegal. In a way the impeachment obsession is a manifestation of this. Take the invocation of executive privilege for instance, something that was always accepted as a right and expected to be used. Now we are told using it to defend the president or the integrity of the administration amounts to obstruction of justice. Whatever was accepted as standard practice before now amounts to a crime if it obstructs the Democratic Party's Holy War. One could understand on some level if they at least had some consistent moral framework to work from, but what was OK for a Democrat to do in the morning is a crime if done by a Republican after lunch worthy of hand wringing appeals to the conscience.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

New York Times endorses both Lizzie Warren and Amy Klobuchar, tacitly admitting that the Dem Party is really two incompatible parties at this point:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... ement.html

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: New York Times endorses both Lizzie Warren and Amy Klobuchar, tacitly admitting that the Dem Party is really two incompatible parties at this point:

From the story:
Senator Warren is a gifted storyteller.
No fucking shit!!!
:liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar:
:hankey: :hankey: :hankey: :hankey: :hankey:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: New York Times endorses both Lizzie Warren and Amy Klobuchar, tacitly admitting that the Dem Party is really two incompatible parties at this point:

From the story:
Senator Warren is a gifted storyteller.
No fucking shit!!!
:hankey: :hankey: :hankey: :hankey: :hankey:
I saw that -- I bet somebody slipped that in on purpose.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brive1987 wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/9E1pghu.jpg
Their kind are on all continents.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:06 pm
Just watched the first episode of Watchmen Wokema'am - it's utter garbage. Here is a handy data-burst version of the entire script so you don't need to endure the fucking thing.

"White men are evil!"

Seriously, that's all there is to it.
Did you watch the rest of the Watchmen series? I finally got around to seeing it. I liked it.

The anti-SJW youtuber formerly-known-as Diversity&Comics... [ now "Comics MATTER (With Ya Boi Zach) ]... also started-out hating it/ but he warmed to it.

One thing he pointed-out... was that the 'White Supremacist' villainy sub-plot... ended-up being about-as irrelevant as the 'Libyan Terrorists" at the beginning of Back To The Future.

Also-- 'Zach' coined the term Racial Grievance Safari-- to describe how the show had to travel all-the-way-back to a Tulsa race riot in 1921... to find a time/place where racial politics actually match the way today's Wealthy White LIberals claim it does... everywhere, here & now. A few episodes later... when the story line shifts to 1930's New York City... the racist white conspiracy turns absurdly cartoonish. White cops openly drive-around with black bodies dragging on nooses from the back of their cop car. Silly.

Fortunately, there's other-stuff going on in the story. Such as all of old-man-Ozymandias's antics involving servants & a manor house. A romantic trip to Vietnam. An excellent tough-broad FBI agent. A sexy redneck with PTSD.

The Watchmen comic took formulaic elements of a superhero comic book circa 1987... and applied more adult-depth and real-world anxiety... than fanboys were used to seeing. A charitable interpretation of the Watchmen teevee show... is that that begins as a formulaic teevee cop show: complete with unrealistic badass loose-cannon cop driving a flashy car... and even complete with Don Johnson (the ultimate tv-glamour-cop). And then the show messes-with the formula... by introducing a lot of weird shit. Someone out there never read the Watchmen or saw the 2009 movie... and when they stumbled-across this show... they had a trippy Phillip K. Dick experience.

After finishing the series, I looked-up the actual Tulsa riot. Wikipedia and black-history-month sez... that there was a Black Wall Street in Tulsa. And a bunch of poor jealous whites attacked it. I was amused to see how this doesn't fit in nicely with today's sjw propaganda. After all, "Wall Street" is EVIL... so were those white rioters a righteous OCCUPY TULSA movement, punching-up against the 1% ?! haw.

Also... the riot was sparked by an incident involving a 19 year old Black guy in an ELEVATOR with a 17 year old White girl. #GuysDontDoThat #BelieveWomen #MeToo #OhWait

==
Today was Martin Luther King Day. I spent the morning at a nursing home, with black-caribbean & asian staff... on a floor of chinese patients. Downstairs there's a floor of hassidic jews, self-segregated. We put up decorations & brought cake for everyone on the chinese floor, to celebrate an old lady's birthday. Long ago, in another country, she was a mobster's wife with a lavish lifestyle. And all that's left of her showy life... is some bright red plastic tablecloths, balloons, $50 for a big cake, and paper cups full of dry Corn Pops cereal to snack-on (approved by the nurses as a kosher snack). Most other patients' birthdays go un-remarked. So this is flexing one's status, the shoddy nursing home. All her grown-kids showed-up. She cried.

In the dayroom-- where the patients are rolled in wheelchairs to eat lunch & watch a big tv... there were MLK things on TV. A choir of black & jewish kids singing together. That fit nicely with the birthday party. Then there was Tyler Perry talking to Whoopi Goldberg about the success of his 300 acre movie studio, where Marvel's 'Black Panther' was filmed-- on a former Confederate army base. That interview was right-out-of the Watchmen TV show. But, ok fine, whatever.

Except I question a network's Martin Luther King Day tv celebration being hosted by the cunts from The View. I really don't need to be lectured by Joy Behar-- about how Trump is 'divisive' because he said there were 'good people on both sides' at the Charlottesville shitshow. I don't think highly of the newfangled white nationalist alt-right. But... if we were living in the Watchmen world... where Adrian Veidt... a billionaire amalgam of George Soros/ Jeffrey Epstein/ G. Gordon Liddy/ Elon Musk/ and Russell Brand... had launched a false-flag attack on NYC, killing millions, then installed Hollywood Liberal gun-grabber racial-politics-panderer Robert Redford as president for the next 30 years... fuck, yeah, I'd be way more on board with the rednecks in Rorschach masks' ideology.

Sorry, MLK, but... 2019's Pride MONTH overdosed me on these big bland woke gentle-mass-indoctrination ceremonies. By the way, I don't think the SJWs have thought-ahead: The Democrat presidential primaries wrap-up in June... during the LGBT PRIDE month of mandatory flag-waving. Even pro-gay people are gonna feel worn-out & over-it when the Democratic convention happens, 2 weeks later.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Service Dog wrote:
Did you watch the rest of the Watchmen series? I finally got around to seeing it. I liked it.

The anti-SJW youtuber formerly-known-as Diversity&Comics... [ now "Comics MATTER (With Ya Boi Zach) ]... also started-out hating it/ but he warmed to it.

One thing he pointed-out... was that the 'White Supremacist' villainy sub-plot... ended-up being about-as irrelevant as the 'Libyan Terrorists" at the beginning of Back To The Future.

Also-- 'Zach' coined the term Racial Grievance Safari-- to describe how the show had to travel all-the-way-back to a Tulsa race riot in 1921... to find a time/place where racial politics actually match the way today's Wealthy White LIberals claim it does... everywhere, here & now. A few episodes later... when the story line shifts to 1930's New York City... the racist white conspiracy turns absurdly cartoonish. White cops openly drive-around with black bodies dragging on nooses from the back of their cop car. Silly.
I don't think I've ever been put off a show as much as I was by the Watchmen premiere, which came off as if written by an almost comical stereotype of the dimwitted Hollywood liberal. In their view, since Rorschach was right wing, and all right wing views must be centered around white supremacy, then the followers of Rorschach would be white supremacists. It also signaled that under the guise of being an alternate reality comic book fantasy, it was going to unfold as a Ta Nehisi Coates fever dream.

However, I've heard from various surprising sources that it wound up being quite good, and not as race centered as it first presented itself as. So, I've been waffling about giving it a shot. I've certainly been able to enjoy quality TV and movies which had politics I've disagreed with strenuously. But especially with so much quality entertainment available, the 180 dB clarion call it put out that it wasn't for me is one I'm inclined to heed.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Watching and enjoying Downton Abbey. Fuck, I'm old!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

I don't think I've ever been put off a show as much as I was by the Watchmen premiere, which came off as if written by an almost comical stereotype of the dimwitted Hollywood liberal. In their view, since Rorschach was right wing, and all right wing views must be centered around white supremacy, then the followers of Rorschach would be white supremacists. It also signaled that under the guise of being an alternate reality comic book fantasy, it was going to unfold as a Ta Nehisi Coates fever dream.

However, I've heard from various surprising sources that it wound up being quite good, and not as race centered as it first presented itself as. So, I've been waffling about giving it a shot. I've certainly been able to enjoy quality TV and movies which had politics I've disagreed with strenuously. But especially with so much quality entertainment available, the 180 dB clarion call it put out that it wasn't for me is one I'm inclined to heed.
Spoilers:
► Show Spoiler
You decide if you want to keep watching after that. It's not getting a second season. It got cancelled. Personally, I hope the property is put on ice for a long while until this "woke" period we're in blows over. (Funny how they chose the word "woke" as their keyword to rally around, when "redpiĺled" was already a thing. Seems it's a theme. None of us are truly ever awake, apparently.)

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Watching and enjoying Downton Abbey. Fuck, I'm old!
With a bag of Werther's? 😂

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

jugheadnaut wrote: a Ta Nehisi Coates fever dream
Apparently, you got that 100% right. According to a Diversity & Comics' video... the creator of the Watchmen tv show went on an official Watchmen podcast & said he learned about the Tulsa race riot from a Ta Nehisi Coates book-- which was a big fad of the month among woke white liberal screenwriters.

I'm impressed by Zack's knack for literary criticism. He's a bit like Joe Rogan-- on the surface a dunderhead, but consistantly stumbling his way into honest glimpses of real insight.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Terry Jones! Fuck!

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Service Dog wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote: a Ta Nehisi Coates fever dream
Apparently, you got that 100% right. According to a Diversity & Comics' video... the creator of the Watchmen tv show went on an official Watchmen podcast & said he learned about the Tulsa race riot from a Ta Nehisi Coates book-- which was a big fad of the month among woke white liberal screenwriters.

I'm impressed by Zack's knack for literary criticism. He's a bit like Joe Rogan-- on the surface a dunderhead, but consistantly stumbling his way into honest glimpses of real insight.

Ya Boi Zack (Richard Meyer) has been in the process of suing one Mark Waid for tortious interference. I'm guessing he wisely avoids this topic in his own broadcasts, but I follow this case watching Nick Rekieta ( late night internet shock jock).
It's been going on for about a year so far, and they've finally gotten past jurisdictional arguments, and the case will be heard in a West Texas federal court.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Terry Jones! Fuck!
Yeah. Along with Graham Chapman he was my favourite Python. Then, in descending order, Gillian, Palin, Cleese, and Idle.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Terry Jones! Fuck!
I was saddened when I learned Terry had gotten a rare form of dementia. So bad that he could barely talk, let alone think. I imagine in the end it was like being trapped in his own body. Now that he's gone, it's comforting to know he won't be suffering anymore, but honestly it's devastating news. One of the old guards of British comedy. RIP. :handgestures-salute: :flags-wavegreatbritain:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Makes you feel old when another Python's taken that Volvo ride to Heaven.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The Tulsa 'Black Wall Street' riot is a matter of obsession for the Woke. Last time I debated my SJW friend who loves debating, she brought it up as an example of how blacks face economic discrimination. I said, "that was ninety fucking nine years ago. Got anything more recent?" She was stumped.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The Tulsa 'Black Wall Street' riot is a matter of obsession for the Woke. Last time I debated my SJW friend who loves debating, she brought it up as an example of how blacks face economic discrimination. I said, "that was ninety fucking nine years ago. Got anything more recent?" She was stumped.
'Black Wall Street' is a bit like 'the Islamic Golden Age' when arguing about the role Muslims play today in the pursuit of knowledge. They point to it contentiously, but they barely have anything contemporary in their arsenal. The 'Islamic Golden Age' ended 700 years ago.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

By the way, browsing Reddit (as you do) I came across some posts on /r/BlackPeopleTwitter, where they discuss the recent gun rally in ... Virginia?

Apparently, they are absolutely convinced that if they were to have a gun rally of equal size with only black people (because they think the gun rally had only white, right-wing, conservative people), not only would it not be allowed (according to them), but the police would be called in, most of them would get shot and killed and the government would enforce even stricter gun control than they have now. They also think that people don't really care about gun control unless it's to do with black people.

And the reason they think that is, and I hope you're sitting down, because the Black Panther Party in the 60's staged a gun control protest and that apparently caused the government to crack down on the usage of guns.

http://archive.is/wip/hUnwz

Now if you're like me and you hear something like that, not only does it sound fishy, but it's also something that happened 50 years ago. And it wasn't that they were staging an open-carry rally, but that 31 Black Panther Party members, in 1967, known for their 'by any means necessary' tactics, walked into the capitol of Sacramento, carrying loaded shotguns and assault rifles, where a gun control bill was currently being carried and hijacked the proceedings. Then, afterwards, they were arrested. None of them got shot.

Further, the gun control bill that they were protesting (the Mulford Act) had already been proposed and its intent was to prevent anyone within the state of California to carry loaded guns in public. It has no mention of the Black Panthers anywhere.

'Woke' culture is, pardon my French, retarded. Its obsession with victimhood is off the scale.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Pitchguest wrote: they are absolutely convinced that if they were to have a gun rally of equal size with only black people....the government would enforce even stricter gun control than they have now.
Half of 'em are just parroting Dave Chappelle... he joked that the only way the govt would stand-up to the NRA... is if millions of blacks joined.

They're taking a joke as gospel. Nevermind Chappelle's most recent special, with a long description of precisely-how he'd defend his home with a shotgun.

Black activist complainers pretend police always Occupied their communities. 50 years ago, their complaint was that police Ignored their communities.

The complain about urban Gentrification today. They forgot their complaint about 'White Flight' away from cities, 40 years ago.
Yeesh. Make up yer mind.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Service Dog wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: they are absolutely convinced that if they were to have a gun rally of equal size with only black people....the government would enforce even stricter gun control than they have now.
Half of 'em are just parroting Dave Chappelle... he joked that the only way the govt would stand-up to the NRA... is if millions of blacks joined.

They're taking a joke as gospel. Nevermind Chappelle's most recent special, with a long description of precisely-how he'd defend his home with a shotgun.

Black activist complainers pretend police always Occupied their communities. 50 years ago, their complaint was that police Ignored their communities.

The complain about urban Gentrification today. They forgot their complaint about 'White Flight' away from cities, 40 years ago.
Yeesh. Make up yer mind.
The irony is that the Black Panthers' view on gun control back then was similar to the views now held by the NRA: that a citizen's right to bear arms is protected by the Second Amendment and should not be infringed. Only I thought the NRA were supposed to be the bad guys.

Surely if the Black Panther Party disrupted a legislative hearing to protest a gun control Bill at a time when the NRA was actually in support of gun control, then that should make them the bad guys, too, no? The fact that the NRA later changed their mind should be of no consequence, shouldn't it? :think: Truly, we live in a society.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The Tulsa 'Black Wall Street' riot is a matter of obsession for the Woke. Last time I debated my SJW friend who loves debating, she brought it up as an example of how blacks face economic discrimination. I said, "that was ninety fucking nine years ago. Got anything more recent?" She was stumped.
The latest incarnation of this obsession seems to be trying to cancel the word 'riot' from the event and replace it with 'massacre'. The Wikipedia article for the event, which is nicely detailed, makes it pretty clear 'riot' is the more accurate term. Apparently, it started with a justified attempt by an armed black group to protect an arrested black teenager from lynching and they clashed with an armed white lynch mob (lynching itself wasn't strictly racialized in 1920's Tulsa, as a white man had been lynched a couple of years prior). When violence inevitably broke out, the black group got the better of the initial skirmish and the pillaging of the prosperous black neighborhood was a reprisal amid panicked rumors that an armed black mob was shooting whites. While it's pretty clear that the 1920's Tulsa white population contained an inordinately high percentage of rabid animals, the Woke attempt to revise the event as a racist white mob massacring a prosperous black neighborhood purely out of racial hatred is a gross oversimplification.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Thank goodness all those cozzers are out policing thoughtcrime, even if it does mean that less than 8% of all crime reports lead to a charge:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51221054

ThreeFlangedJavis

Lsuoma wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:59 am
Thank goodness all those cozzers are out policing thoughtcrime, even if it does mean that less than 8% of all crime reports lead to a charge:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51221054
And here's a good explanation of how groups like Stonewall get the police to enforce their anti thoughtcrime agenda. They go straight for entities like the College of Policing to get their agenda implemented by the backdoor.
https://youtu.be/YUuZMyqhUUk

Johnson's plan to get more police on the street isn't going to do much good if training issues and police attitudes aren't addressed. There appears to be this attitude amongst police, especially the younger lot, that their job is to circumvent citizen's legal protections wherever possible and bully them into surrendering personal details they are not required to give. They seem very quick to use the old "if you've got nothing to hide" ploy. I'd be very hesitant to give police my name given the number of incidences of people who've popped up on the police radar and then mysteriously been subjected to a spate of vehicle stops or other forms of harassment. It looks as if the cops have concluded that citizens need to justify legal actions in public to them rather than they themselves having to justify their stopping and questioning of said citizens. There's this vid on youtube of a kid, doing nothing more than walking on a residential sidewalk, being approached by a policewoman on a bike asking him what he is doing in the neighbourhood. He declined to give his details, which he is entitled to do, and she then proceeded to follow him asking why he was declining. He asked her to stop harassing him but she kept on saying she "just wanted to talk". No big deal you might think, but there are countless vids of the police doing similar things, sometimes trying to force their way illegally into people's houses. The law explicitly states that police cannot use a legal refusal to comply with police wishes as reasonable grounds for suspicion. Complaining to the police watchdog achieves little. It is quite often an obvious case of challenged "authoritay". Looks to me as if the police have lost the ability or will to conduct proper investigation relying instead on abusive "proactive" policing techniques. They sometimes give the appearance of being scared of actually having to tackle genuine criminals without a 30 to 1 advantage.

At least the UK doesn't have asset forfeiture laws like the US. I cannot believe that the police can stop your vehicle and steal your cash without evidence of criminal activity in some states. Surely that must be a constitutional violation of some sort.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

On the plus side, Victoria Derbyshire has been cancelled.

franc

Post by franc »

Oppression is being told you have to put your pants on when you go outside.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
At least the UK doesn't have asset forfeiture laws like the US. I cannot believe that the police can stop your vehicle and steal your cash without evidence of criminal activity in some states. Surely that must be a constitutional violation of some sort.
Canada is the worst of both worlds. We don't get categorical constitutional free speech guarantees and we have civil forfeiture laws, although they're not as heavily used as in the US.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Pitchguest wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

Yeesh. Make up yer mind.
The irony is that the Black Panthers' view on gun control back then was similar to the views now held by the NRA: that a citizen's right to bear arms is protected by the Second Amendment and should not be infringed. Only I thought the NRA were supposed to be the bad guys.

Surely if the Black Panther Party disrupted a legislative hearing to protest a gun control Bill at a time when the NRA was actually in support of gun control, then that should make them the bad guys, too, no? The fact that the NRA later changed their mind should be of no consequence, shouldn't it? :think: Truly, we live in a society.
I thought mail order guns were obtainable before the black panthers but not after. I may be misinformed.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: At least the UK doesn't have asset forfeiture laws like the US. I cannot believe that the police can stop your vehicle and steal your cash without evidence of criminal activity in some states. Surely that must be a constitutional violation of some sort.
the Fifth Amendment:
“No person shall be ... deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law....”
The cops get away with it cuz they pick on people for whom challenging the seizure isn't worth it -- like guys caught soliciting prostitution.

NB: the so-called "Red Flag" laws, like the one just passed in Virginia, whereby a sole public official can order a person's guns taken if they're allegedly deemed to pose a threat to themselves or others, runs clearly afoul of the Fifth Amendment.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Imagine what they’d do to Jeanne d'Arc .... :mrgreen:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Joan of Arc WAS black (afterwards).

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Lsuoma wrote: Joan of Arc WAS black (afterwards).
Burn! (no pun intended)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: Imagine what they’d do to Jeanne d'Arc .... :mrgreen:

Just so long as they cast a pear-shaped woman, it's accurate.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Unless the program explicitly shoehorns in African ancestry for Margaret of Anjou, I don't see how this is significantly different than casting short, dark haired, skinny Jonathan Rhys Meyers as King Henry VIII.

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:22 pm

Unless the program explicitly shoehorns in African ancestry for Margaret of Anjou, I don't see how this is significantly different than casting short, dark haired, skinny Jonathan Rhys Meyers as King Henry VIII.
Two wongs don’t make it white.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

That’s odd. Nice. But odd.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:07 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: At least the UK doesn't have asset forfeiture laws like the US. I cannot believe that the police can stop your vehicle and steal your cash without evidence of criminal activity in some states. Surely that must be a constitutional violation of some sort.
the Fifth Amendment:
“No person shall be ... deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law....”
The cops get away with it cuz they pick on people for whom challenging the seizure isn't worth it -- like guys caught soliciting prostitution.

NB: the so-called "Red Flag" laws, like the one just passed in Virginia, whereby a sole public official can order a person's guns taken if they're allegedly deemed to pose a threat to themselves or others, runs clearly afoul of the Fifth Amendment.
There are definitely cases of people carrying large sums, often across state lines, on their way to buying a car or some high value item having their cash seized simply because the cop is suspicious about why they are carrying a lot of cash. There's an incentive in that a lot of the money goes to the force, which makes both the cops and government happy, so it is made very difficult for anyone to get their cash back. I believe the original reason for the law is to target the proceeds of drug crime. Leave it to the cops and anyone carrying lots of cash is going to be a drug crime suspect. The law is so open to abuse it's a sick joke.

John D

Post by John D »

A show that is incredibly bad and yet very entertaining. "9-1-1 Lone Star"

My wife loves this kind of stuff and she puts up with me laughing the whole time she watches. I try to keep it to a minimum... but I can't help myself.

It is a disaster porn show with firefighters who are.... vain metro male (Rob Lowe), Mary Sue woman (Liv Tyler), FTM Trans black, female Muslim (complete with head covering), rowdy gay druggie, White male with PTSD.....

I call the show "9-1-1 Woke"... and my wife asks me what that means. Haha.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

jugheadnaut wrote: Unless the program explicitly shoehorns in African ancestry for Margaret of Anjou, I don't see how this is significantly different than casting short, dark haired, skinny Jonathan Rhys Meyers as King Henry VIII.
I thought it was traditional for tell stories full of propaganda for one cause or another. At least, that seems to be the view of such people as 'The Richard the Third Society' who feel that a re-assessment of the authorised version would not go amiss.

Perhaps the BBC, like Shakespeare have a particular audience in mind that they are looking to pander to.

As in most of these cases, I'll vote with my <insert currency denomination here>, or attention, with the (perhaps) vain hope that the market will provide.

And I'll not be telling people lacking in the appropriate amount of Anglo-Saxon ancestry (or Norman) that they should be staying in their country lane.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Brive1987 wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:22 pm

Two wongs don’t make it white.
:rimshot:

While it's obviously a nice bonus if an actor has a strong physical resemblance to a historical character they are portraying, it's not necessarily wrong, or historical revisionism, to cast an actor who doesn't resemble the character but brings other things to the table. In the case of Rhys Meyers, he brought a sexual energy and overwhelming sense of menace that was fantastic for the role, and most would regard his casting as being an inspired choice, not a mistake (although the last 2 seasons of The Tudors would have been better if Rhys Meyers was willing to use prosthetics to let the character age somewhat historically accurately).

Make no mistake, if the producers of the BBC program, which I'm completely unfamiliar with, earmarked the role for a POC, then I condemn that entirely. But if they hired who they deemed the best actress for the role even though she is black, then I have zero issue with it.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

MarcusAu wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote: Unless the program explicitly shoehorns in African ancestry for Margaret of Anjou, I don't see how this is significantly different than casting short, dark haired, skinny Jonathan Rhys Meyers as King Henry VIII.
I thought it was traditional for tell stories full of propaganda for one cause or another. At least, that seems to be the view of such people as 'The Richard the Third Society' who feel that a re-assessment of the authorised version would not go amiss.

Perhaps the BBC, like Shakespeare have a particular audience in mind that they are looking to pander to.

As in most of these cases, I'll vote with my <insert currency denomination here>, or attention, with the (perhaps) vain hope that the market will provide.

And I'll not be telling people lacking in the appropriate amount of Anglo-Saxon ancestry (or Norman) that they should be staying in their country lane.
Exactly. The complicating factor, as I mentioned a few days ago, is critics as a group have become beholden to diversity/inclusion propaganda and are frequently reviewing fidelity to the dogma rather than the actual artistic merits of a piece.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Driftless wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

Yeesh. Make up yer mind.

I thought mail order guns were obtainable before the black panthers but not after. I may be misinformed.
Mail order guns were banned shortly after the assassination of John F. Kennedy, four years prior. The new law they were protesting was only in California and it had already been proposed and was just about to be signed into law. It had nothing to do with them at all.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:

I’ll agree with your tentative observation that the BBC is engaged in woke propaganda. I’ll also point out there was no criticism made of the actress for picking up work.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Oh Well, perhaps we can all look forward to the new David Copperfield movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4GfEi_GyyU

...or perhaps not.

free thoughtpolice

MarcusAu wrote: Oh Well, perhaps we can all look forward to the new David Copperfield movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4GfEi_GyyU

...or perhaps not.
Not an original observation, but the only really interesting magic trick he performed was how he got into Claudia Schiffer's panties

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Black Pride and Colour Prejudice:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BTW, I found out a guaranteed way to discover if dick-havers in a dress are really brave women or skeevy pervs. Transport them to the early pages of Philip Wylie's The Disappeance and see what happens next.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: If you think voters are racist, you have the right to negate elections you lose:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/t ... cna1110356
That essay was so silly, it might cause one to go-back and question the credibility of the author's scholarship on-- the topic of 'queerness' and 4th-wave-woke-intersectional feminism in 1940's 'Wonder Woman' comic books. Book review here: https://www.comicsgrid.com/articles/10.5334/cg.be/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It’s January 25 - day before Australia Day.

Took the wife and the dog for a walk on the Barangaroo headland around the corner from Circular Quay where the Aboriginal counter production will apparently take place. Rehearsal was in full swing. Massive production with banks of cameras capturing every angle etc. But what really struck me were the overwhelming quantity of aboriginal flags, sans Australian entries, that made the place resemble Nuremberg. Actually quite taken aback by the huge production investment and relentless mono cultural propaganda drive that put the tiki torches in Charlottesville to shame. I’ll post some pics when I roll off my bed.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

QED

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I guess it's traditional by now...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Thanks for the thought. If you prefer, feel free to insert either of these alternatives.

Ah. John Williamson ... an authentic voice.

So is this lass ...

If you are brave you can get a duet :o

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oops I thought I’d moved on to....

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Brive1987 wrote: QED

For the first tweet: it's been15 hours, and I see no sign yet of these "joyless luvvies" he was hoping to tempt into splenic rage. Almost as though his own anger is entirely manufactured, and the problem is all in his and your heads.

For the second tweet: What's your problem, is there a silent "White" in "Australia Day"?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Funniest thing SNL have done for years (since the Baldwin/McCarthy election stuff).