Driftless

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Driftless »

If you wondered why Jordan Peterson hasn't been heard from in a while:

Short answer: Russia!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Driftless wrote: If you wondered why Jordan Peterson hasn't been heard from in a while:

Sounds like he lost it.
Call me a cynic but I think a weird only red meat diet might have an effect on overall health, mental and otherwise. Maybe he needs a drip with supplemental nutrients?
As boring as he is, and I'm not a huge fan, but I don't wish him ill health.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Powerful video

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Driftless wrote: If you wondered why Jordan Peterson hasn't been heard from in a while:

Sounds like he lost it.
Call me a cynic but I think a weird only red meat diet might have an effect on overall health, mental and otherwise. Maybe he needs a drip with supplemental nutrients?
Weirdly and strangely you are yet again largely wrong. Though I’d agree he could use a bit more variety, just for the hell of it.

For the past year, the only non animal product Ive consumed are a few berries, maybe 30g of carrot every other day, and a handful of nuts a day. Otherwise it’s meat eggs and dairy.

Meanwhile I’ve completed the Masters, dropped a ton of weight, sorted out my blood levels, gone from XL to S-M clothing and de-stressed.

You don’t need grain, most fruit is a sugar bomb and I’ve never done greens, so dropping starches was a small step.

Today I put on my old Bundeswehr shirt, last worn successfully in 1987. That’ll do pig.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Take the first step

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"Bulletin" was a feminist gift shop in SoHo, selling tampon totes with pictures of Ruth Bader Ginsberg, and t-shirts with Elizabeth Warren slogans.

"A Feminist Collective, Not Just a Store", declared the New York Times.

In 2018, Fast Company wrote "Feminist startup Bulletin is reinventing brick and mortar retail
They’ve created a WeWork :violin: for online companies to sell their stuff."

Forbes Magazine said "A Y Combinator-Backed Startup, Bulletin, Wants To Be The 'WeWork :violin: Of Retail' "

TechCrunch wrote: "Bulletin, the startup that describes itself as “WeWork :violin: for retail space,” is announcing that it has raised $2.2 million in seed funding."

Yesterday the cunts went out of business and dumped all their gross trash on the street. Slobs. Disgusting.

https://images.fastcompany.net/image/up ... tail-1.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xrvRZQ7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/EJwaxwa.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Minimum daily requirement of “essential” carbs:
It is important to note that the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for carbohydrate is at 130 g / day based on the average minimum amount of glucose needed by the brain – with no consideration that the body can manufacture this glucose from both FAT and PROTEIN.

Just 10 pages later, in the same chapter of the Dietary Reference Intakes for Energy, Carbohydrate, Fiber, Fat, Fatty Acids, Cholesterol, Protein and Amino Acids (2005) it reads;

“The lower limit of dietary carbohydrate compatible with life apparently is zero, provided that adequate amounts of protein and fat are consumed

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Sometimes, it's enough to drive you to drink...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAl1MlOZldU

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote: Sometimes, it's enough to drive you to drink...

[BBvideo=560,315][/BBvideo]

But as the good doctor said. Fructose is alcohol without the buzz. It’ll still kill the liver over time.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:08 pm

.com/watch?v=DTwEFa5NW2k

Sounds like he lost it.
Annnnd nothing about diet even hinted at in the video. Physical prescription drug withdrawal and depression caused by his wife dying of cancer.

Daughter looks fine though.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I'm a bit wary of the business model that Peterson has been using. He decided to quit his job in academia and get most (or at least a large proportion) of his income through the internet in the form of donations; with his daughter running the business for him. I would unsolicitously caution anyone to think carefully first before following his example.

It seems to be working out well so far, but it may have more that a degree of instability in it.

The daughter seems flakey in her own right - setting herself as an online nutritionist, charging $600 per session, and hooking up with another online dodgy 'relationship expert'. (Or so the scuttlebutt would have it).

Though I'm sure much of this criticism could also apply to YouTubers in general, or anyone relying on a Patreon or equivalent donation scheme.

In any case it's not a major concern - as I'm not supporting him financially or looking to get any type of support from him. He can work his own life out, and I'll concentrate on mine.

Jung is still a lot of bunk though.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Not a huge fan of racist-roo - his snowflakery is off the charts and I find his smugness intolerable. However, the closing stages of this video are indeed particularly powerful so I've subbed just to catch the follow-up vid(s).

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Brother has terminal cancer. Prognosis is 3 months at best. I'm devastated.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Brother has terminal cancer. Prognosis is 3 months at best. I'm devastated.
Noooo ... :(

Shit. I'm so sorry, Phil. Ever since my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer, it's been harrowing to know there's really nothing you can do. The only thing I can say that might cheer you up is that my dad was only given two years left to live, but he's been surviving for six. I've been trying to cherish the time I spend with him every day. I hope your brother gets to do the same. Love ya, man. :)

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:08 pm

Sounds like he lost it.
I don't think he is on a red meat only diet.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

The article I read in the National Post about Peterson was a load of bunk. Absolute unbelievable nonsense. All I learned was that his daughter is an idiot if she thinks she can palm off such disinformation upon the world and expect to be taken seriously. Maybe $600 a shot for saying 'eat beef' to gullible people has taught her all the wrong things?

Sorry to hear your news, Phil. We are generally so good at ignoring what must happen to us all that it still comes as a shock. I hope you have many good days together in the meantime.

John D

Post by John D »

Brive1987 wrote:

Powerful video
Too bad Roo-boy is such a dick. He wastes 5 minutes of my life picking on how some Hispanic guy looks while he is covering the rest of the story with high quality. So... what's a man to do? Roo-boy comes across as such a dick to people that I can't cross post this. I know what all my friends and family will think. They will think Roo-boy is an ass-hole and probably also a liar. He uses derogatory language when describing non-whites which means people will not take him seriously. Whatever.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Sometimes I really can't help myself...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sorry Phil.

Here's something to cheer up Brive, though...

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2020/0 ... melbourne/

John D

Post by John D »

Bhurzum wrote: Sometimes I really can't help myself...

Now that men are able to change gender they will again start beating women at everything. It is pretty funny really.... that women are letting men enter their spaces by simply saying they are women. Posie Parker is 100% right on this one. I just can't believe women put up with this. No skin off my teeth..... my girls are not athletes so my family is not affected by the madness. This is really fun to watch.

They actually decide to make the category "women and non-binary". Haha. Why don't they make it "men and non-binary"????? It is so fucking funny.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote: Now that men are able to change gender they will again start beating women at everything. It is pretty funny really.... that women are letting men enter their spaces by simply saying they are women. Posie Parker is 100% right on this one. I just can't believe women put up with this. No skin off my teeth..... my girls are not athletes so my family is not affected by the madness. This is really fun to watch.

They actually decide to make the category "women and non-binary". Haha. Why don't they make it "men and non-binary"????? It is so fucking funny.
Well said.

Couldn't agree more.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Dankula just tweeted this guy.

Pure. Fucking. Awesome!

YMMV.

John D

Post by John D »

Bhurzum wrote: Dankula just tweeted this guy.

Pure. Fucking. Awesome!

YMMV.
I fucking LOVE this guy!

free thoughtpolice

John D wrote:
Now that men are able to change gender they will again start beating women at everything.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma wrote: Sorry Phil.

Here's something to cheer up Brive, though...

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2020/0 ... melbourne/
So Sydney’s median lower quartile is higher than Adelaides median highest quartile.

:bjarte:

“ The situation will obviously worsen as the ‘Big Australia’ mass immigration policy doubles the size of Sydney and Melbourne over the next half century, swelling their populations to around 10 million each: “

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Brother has terminal cancer. Prognosis is 3 months at best. I'm devastated.
I’ve had close family experience with same. Bugger. Terrible news, sorry to hear it.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

MarcusAu wrote: I'm a bit wary of the business model that Peterson has been using. He decided to quit his job in academia and get most (or at least a large proportion) of his income through the internet in the form of donations; with his daughter running the business for him. I would unsolicitously caution anyone to think carefully first before following his example.

It seems to be working out well so far, but it may have more that a degree of instability in it.

The daughter seems flakey in her own right - setting herself as an online nutritionist, charging $600 per session, and hooking up with another online dodgy 'relationship expert'. (Or so the scuttlebutt would have it).

Though I'm sure much of this criticism could also apply to YouTubers in general, or anyone relying on a Patreon or equivalent donation scheme.

In any case it's not a major concern - as I'm not supporting him financially or looking to get any type of support from him. He can work his own life out, and I'll concentrate on mine.

Jung is still a lot of bunk though.
I think he was on a record-setting book tour for 12 Rules for Life. It seems like he has circled the globe multiple times giving talks based on the book. I wonder if he realizes that fame is fleeting and is trying to cash in on it while he can since he may not be able to go back to teaching. Otherwise it just seems to be a way to drive yourself into a Russian rehab hospital.

I don't think Jordan has ever said that his all-beef diet is good for anyone but himself. Whatever auto-immune condition he has is apparently helped by the diet. His daughter on the other hand seems to be pushing it as more than just something that helped her.

Being out of the public eye for as long as he has may make it harder to get his audience back. I heard an interview that I think was recent but he sounded on the verge of tears through the whole thing. And unless he has something new to say there are only so many times you can hear him talk about 12 Rules for Life.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

That sucks Phil. I've no comforting platitudes to offer but, for what it's worth, I feel for you.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

John D wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Powerful video
Too bad Roo-boy is such a dick. He wastes 5 minutes of my life picking on how some Hispanic guy looks while he is covering the rest of the story with high quality. So... what's a man to do? Roo-boy comes across as such a dick to people that I can't cross post this. I know what all my friends and family will think. They will think Roo-boy is an ass-hole and probably also a liar. He uses derogatory language when describing non-whites which means people will not take him seriously. Whatever.
Quirky, unconventional and his no BS ‘ fuck you’ approach to fools is sound. His take down of the Young Turks is a community service.

But I get the feeling he is writing for his own satisfaction and sometime amusement. The audience is optional.

Like watching cricket or grid iron, it’s a journey rather than a series of destinations.

That guy in the TV advert was v. creepy though.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

"Office Bird" on twitter, a 'pit-lurker, has asked me to say "hi" to you lot.

Message passed.

(Hi, Office Bird!)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hello Bird.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Driftless wrote: I think he was on a record-setting book tour for 12 Rules for Life. It seems like he has circled the globe multiple times giving talks based on the book. I wonder if he realizes that fame is fleeting and is trying to cash in on it while he can since he may not be able to go back to teaching. Otherwise it just seems to be a way to drive yourself into a Russian rehab hospital.

I don't think Jordan has ever said that his all-beef diet is good for anyone but himself. Whatever auto-immune condition he has is apparently helped by the diet. His daughter on the other hand seems to be pushing it as more than just something that helped her.

Being out of the public eye for as long as he has may make it harder to get his audience back. I heard an interview that I think was recent but he sounded on the verge of tears through the whole thing. And unless he has something new to say there are only so many times you can hear him talk about 12 Rules for Life.
Yeah you are probably right. I'm sure (or at least hope) things work out OK for him. He could continue on a self-help author, or fall back to a professor at a smaller college. (I'm sure that others will make an obvious comparison - but no snark intended on my part).

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So g_d decided to take the good brother all at once, but only wants Phil in installments.

All the best - life sucks (at times) - hope the cats and various wild life (including Ali) are doing OK.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

By the way...

Slice Fruit?

Nutmeg?

In what context?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

On the bush fire front.

We have good news (they’re mostly out) and bad news ..

https://i.imgur.com/Es7OFHN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ES2Mnnl.jpg

SNAFU
The love of field and coppice
Of green and shaded lanes,
Of ordered woods and gardens
Is running in your veins.
Strong love of grey-blue distance,
Brown streams and soft, dim skies
I know, but cannot share it,
My love is otherwise.

I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

My brother died this morning. It was a bit faster than expected, which I think is not a bad thing.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Fuck off, office bird.

John D

Post by John D »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: My brother died this morning. It was a bit faster than expected, which I think is not a bad thing.
Condolences Phil.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: My brother died this morning. It was a bit faster than expected, which I think is not a bad thing.
I'm really sorry for your loss, Phil. I know it's a cliché but my heart goes out to you & your family.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: By the way...

Slice Fruit?

Nutmeg?

In what context?
The truth is vastly inferior to the twisted perversions conjured by the mind.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

MarcusAu wrote:
Driftless wrote: I think he was on a record-setting book tour for 12 Rules for Life. It seems like he has circled the globe multiple times giving talks based on the book. I wonder if he realizes that fame is fleeting and is trying to cash in on it while he can since he may not be able to go back to teaching. Otherwise it just seems to be a way to drive yourself into a Russian rehab hospital.

Yeah you are probably right. I'm sure (or at least hope) things work out OK for him. He could continue on a self-help author, or fall back to a professor at a smaller college. (I'm sure that others will make an obvious comparison - but no snark intended on my part).
He apparently had a follow-on to 12 Rules in the works, I don;t know how close to complete it is. I bet a place like Hillsdale College would hire him.

The National Post article says he suffered neurological damage. Hopefully that is something that he can recover from.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Phil, that's awful news. I'm so sorry for you and your family.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Thanks all for your kind words. It helps.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sorry to hear about your bro, Phil.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Sorry to hear that , Phil. My best wishes at this difficult time.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

What an intellectual giant:

free thoughtpolice

My condolences Phil.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote: "Office Bird" on twitter, a 'pit-lurker, has asked me to say "hi" to you lot.

Message passed.

(Hi, Office Bird!)
One of the few that I miss.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

I'm really saddened to hear that Phil. My heartfelt condolences.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Our village idiot.

And the nutters below the line. Fuck me. The global Gross Stupidity Index is peaking right now.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

He had a good brother, Phil.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The un-Democratic Party

NY Times: “Those records, known as “caucus math worksheets,” could not be changed even if they contained mistakes, according to the lawyer for the Iowa Democratic Party, because they were a legal record and altering them would be a crime.

“The incorrect math on the Caucus Math Worksheets must not be changed to ensure the integrity of the process,” wrote the party lawyer, Shayla McCormally, according to an email sent by Troy Price, the chairman of the party, to its central committee members. The lawyer said correcting the math would introduce “personal opinion” into the official record of results. “

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Sorry to hear about your brother Phil.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Iowa caucus, USA Today:

"The volunteers tasked with staffing a telephone hotline system.... helping the local leaders... said they had never seen the app, nor had they been trained to use it."

"Volunteers entered the day expecting to answer phone calls from Iowans looking for their caucus locations. They were armed only with an FAQ page related to the app."

"... journalists were phone banking the phone bank. So we couldn’t talk to precinct captains because CNN was having their entire staff f---ing phone bank us."

https://news.yahoo.com/inside-iowa-demo ... 09240.html

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote: One of the few that I miss.
I miss Scented Nectar, Steersman and Parsehole.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/9xAsdwWG ... /giphy.gif

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Fuck.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Movie recommendation: Jojo Rabbit.

Quirky as fuck comedy about a young boy in the Hitler youth who discovers that his mother is hiding a jewish girl in the attic. Lots of famous faces, many laugh-out-loud moments, several *very* strong punches to the feels and a pretty epic ending.

It might not be for everyone but I absolutely loved it!

Seriously, I LOVED this movie!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Since movies are being recommended - let this one serve as a beacon in the darkness for these grim times...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyag7lR8CPA

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

My condolences too, Phil.

Pseudomonas

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

That was fast, :bjarte:

I’m sorry to hear the news. Bugger.