You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Hunt

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Hunt »

free thoughtpolice wrote: When I wear my protective mask in public I get a lot of odd looks.
COVFEFE-45 mask.PNG
Pulling a cart, tolling a bell, and shouting "bring out your dead" will make you the life of the party.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:20 am
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote: ... the video author has a huge hate-on for the CCP, so he may be engaged in motivated reasoning.
That's no worse than the Useful Idiots of the American MSM parroting CCP propaganda and lies.
The MSM is much worse because they are knowingly whitewashing a regime whose initial actions suppressing the nature and scope of the problem magnified the initial wave of global spread, while he is just being uncharitable to a regime that merits it. On reflection, the cremation scenario isn't as entirely speculative as I first presumed. The virology institute is by all accounts well-run and uses world-standard security protocols, so if the researcher was exposed to bat fluids, she would have gone into quarantine and not gone to the wet market to initiate the epidemic, leaving post-mortem spread as the more likely scenario.
The left-leaning MSM only care about attacking Trump to the extent that they will deny any of the many threats posed by the CCP. It isn't a stretch to characterise them as treasonous in as much as they actually understand how removed from reality they are. The CCP isn't just buying the WHO, they have been after all of the UN's special councils. But the mendacious, incoherent and corrupt Joe said they're good guys so lets go with that. It says a lot that the Democrats are prepared to back a candidate who can't remember a question long enough to answer it properly, forgets who he's talking to and probably even forgets where he is.

John D

Post by John D »

So... it has 24 hours since I had a drink. I have had no physical side effects. I had a decent night of sleep and I feel good this morning. Maybe... I even feel better this morning than usual. Good news. I think this means I have no physical addiction.

I think I just need to add more discipline to when and how much I drink. Working from home is a bitch. I started with coffee with a shot of something in it. Then I switched to a few shots of brandy. Then a glass of wine at lunch (or two). More brandy. Wine with dinner. Several gin and tonics after dinner. A brandy on my nightstand. There is just so much opportunity to drink. When I work outside the home I go all day with no drinking. This imposed some discipline on me.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Brive1987 wrote: Very interesting unpublished photo essay on the personal experience of a Waffen SS officer from childhood to Russia ‘41. Wiking Division.

https://www.germanhelmetsinc.com/hartmann.htm
Fascinating. I read Sajer's The Forgotten Soldier recently, then Antony Beevor's Stalingrad. One has the feeling the Soviets would have been a lot less touchy post-WW2 if the West had the grace to appreciate just how much they sacrificed.

ThreeFlangedJavis

screwtape wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:59 am
Brive1987 wrote: Very interesting unpublished photo essay on the personal experience of a Waffen SS officer from childhood to Russia ‘41. Wiking Division.

https://www.germanhelmetsinc.com/hartmann.htm
Fascinating. I read Sajer's The Forgotten Soldier recently, then Antony Beevor's Stalingrad. One has the feeling the Soviets would have been a lot less touchy post-WW2 if the West had the grace to appreciate just how much they sacrificed.
I think there was a general appreciation of that amongst the Allied public. The Soviets never acknowledged the importance of materiel supplied by the Western Allies though. They even went so far as to re-label American supplied food with Soviet labeling. They (in effect Stalin) were never going to be truly pally with the West as the plan was always to roll over Western Europe. Stalin was hoping that the Axis and the Allies would weaken each other so that he could sweep in and claim it all. Hitler just stabbed him in the back first. One of the reasons for the poor French performance was widespread sabotage by communist agents in the ranks.

Churchill was very aware of Stalin's true nature. He and Alanbrooke also knew him to be a liar as they'd tested him with questions they knew the answers to.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Amanda Marcotte, who never met a rape accusation she didn’t unreservedly believe, has yet again gained gained notoriety, this time for ‘splaining why we all should dismiss the sexual assault accusation against Joe Biden by Tara Reade.

TL;DR: because the accuser:
- Has changed her story several times;
- Waited decades to come out;
- Admits there were no witnesses;
- Is a Bernie supporter, thus obviously politically motivated;
- Has used different aliases in her life;
- Has 'daddy abused me as a child' issues;
- Is clearly batshit crazy in general.

Thank you, Amanda, for establishing that set of litmus tests. That bouquet of flowers is from Brett Kavanaugh, btw.

Why, you may wonder, is a ‘believe all women’ zealot like Marcotte all of a sudden springing to Biden’s defense? Especially when she was gaga over Elizabeth Warren and had just spent the last year trashing Biden as unfit to be the nominee, not just for his many gaffes, but also for his “creepy uncle act” and “handsy behavior”?

On April 1 of last year, Marcotte wrote:
Ours is not an era of nuance, and so words like "allegation," which may seem to equate Biden's dubious behavior with more overt sexual harassment, are being thrown around. To this point, no one has accused Biden of sexual harassment, still less of anything close to the multiple accusations of sexual assault that have been made against President Trump.

Biden's defenders are so quick to deny that this is a "#MeToo" situation that they perhaps fail to understand that Biden's feminist critics have never said it was. The larger point is that there's a whole range of sexist behaviors that fall short of sexual harassment but that are nonetheless demeaning, demoralizing and -- most of all -- profoundly inappropriate for someone who wants to lead a progressive political coalition into the future.
Just two days later, albeit in an obscure rural newspaper [mine, it so happens], Reade’s accusations against Biden first appeared.

AFAICT, Marcotte didn’t address Reade’s story until now. Maybe she never read my local paper [I don't]. But I guarantee that, if Warren and Biden were currently duking [pun intended] it out for the nomination, Marcotte would be beating Joe over the head with this accusation. But anti-trumpers are stuck with Biden now, plus he’s promised to name a woman as his running mate.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Yet another possible 'rona-killer:
Coronavirus Australia: Ivermectin, Anti-parasitic drug kills COVID-19 in lab
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... d890bd4c2c
An anti-parasitic drug available throughout the world has been found to kill COVID-19 in the lab within 48 hours.

A Monash University-led study has shown a single dose of the drug Ivermectin could stop the SARS-CoV-2 virus growing in cell culture.
Fingers crossed, huh?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote: Fingers crossed, huh?
That's all well and good.

Though personally, I'm hoping for more pictures of cute Scottish girls.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: Yet another possible 'rona-killer:
Coronavirus Australia: Ivermectin, Anti-parasitic drug kills COVID-19 in lab
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... d890bd4c2c
An anti-parasitic drug available throughout the world has been found to kill COVID-19 in the lab within 48 hours.

A Monash University-led study has shown a single dose of the drug Ivermectin could stop the SARS-CoV-2 virus growing in cell culture.
Fingers crossed, huh?
$1.99 for a 1,200 lb. dose

https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.htm ... 3D88C2C257

Glad I'm stocked up at the barn, as there'll surely be a panic run on this now.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

My first wife worked on Ivermectin when she was at Merck, and we used to give it to our horsies too.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: Though personally, I'm hoping for more pictures of cute Scottish girls.
Normally I'd be duty-bound to windpipe you for that but:

1) I'm learning to deal with my savagery
2) I'm very proud of my kids
3) They're from the finest of stock (me!) so praise for them is praise for me ;)

Ok, ok, since you asked, I'll link a few more...

Recent pic of Tori...

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5EAF2E31

Love this pic - they look so happy!

https://scontent.flhr4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5EAEF1ED

On a side-note, last night I found out that the puppy I bought Tori eight years ago...

https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5EACB379

...is still with us! He's called "Alfie", is still full-of-beans and has never needed a vet!

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5EAFB6C8

Last pic of Tori - complete with SJW dye-job.

https://scontent.flhr4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5EADE09C

Brittany & Alfie :D

https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5EAD5F0E

I'll stop there. Got nearly ten years worth of pictures and will spam the forum with the lot. Go ahead, call my bluff!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I showed my dog. He has a boner now.

Keating

Post by Keating »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: The left-leaning MSM only care about attacking Trump to the extent that they will deny any of the many threats posed by the CCP. It isn't a stretch to characterise them as treasonous in as much as they actually understand how removed from reality they are. The CCP isn't just buying the WHO, they have been after all of the UN's special councils. But the mendacious, incoherent and corrupt Joe said they're good guys so lets go with that. It says a lot that the Democrats are prepared to back a candidate who can't remember a question long enough to answer it properly, forgets who he's talking to and probably even forgets where he is.
I've been wondering about how to respond to all this. I think this is going to be the collapse of the current political order over the next decade. There were already cracks showing, and I don't see a way out for things to go back to "normal". So, the question is, how do we prevent China being extremely powerful in the next order?

It seems to me the way we name viruses actually is important. Given that something like 80% of new flu like viruses have come out of China in the past half century, if most of them had been called some variant of "Chinese virus", rather than names like SARS, China would have been far more motivated to improve sanitation and conditions, rather then keep things as they are. It doesn't really matter whether it came from a wet market or a fuck up at a Chinese lab to this view. This actually goes back to the way SJWs corrupt language. The same logic that was used to avoid casting 'blame' on the origins of new diseases, was instrumental in allowing this to happen.

The second thought I'm developing is, given that we've already lost a bunch of rights under the emergency provisions, especially freedom of association (with many actively cheering this on), I'm coming around to the idea of forcibly acquiring all assets and land owned by any Chinese businesses or nationals within Australia as compensation. Once purged of the Chinese influence, they can then be reprivatised. I don't otherwise see a way to extract compensation from China. (And to be clear, there's an obvious difference between the people who happen to live in China and the Chinese Communist Party. The CCP carries the blame. But, I don't think we can trust anyone who maintains Chinese citizenship.)

The worst scenario I can think of, is China coming out of this powerful enough to control, or at least significantly shape, the new world order. They are certainly moving to try and position themselves well. The only saving grace thus far is that they keep fucking things up. What we really need is men with chests, as CS Lewis would put it, but I don't see too many of them around. A very real weakness of liberal democracies is that they are inherently short term focused, because all that matters is the next election, never what's going to happen a few decades from now. I think that's largely a result of technology, although it could also be that liberal democracies in question were all relatively young. There's something to be said for starting a Cathedral over hundreds of years that you won't be alive to see finished. It's the same motivation that has us plant trees that we will never enjoy the shade of. How do we incentivise that in liberal democracies without losing freedoms? It think it requires re-examining the duty side of the right-duty ledger. I think that is the only way out now. The alternative is going to be more and more being forced to say things we know to be false.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Keating wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:04 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: The left-leaning MSM only care about attacking Trump to the extent that they will deny any of the many threats posed by the CCP. It isn't a stretch to characterise them as treasonous in as much as they actually understand how removed from reality they are. The CCP isn't just buying the WHO, they have been after all of the UN's special councils. But the mendacious, incoherent and corrupt Joe said they're good guys so lets go with that. It says a lot that the Democrats are prepared to back a candidate who can't remember a question long enough to answer it properly, forgets who he's talking to and probably even forgets where he is.
I've been wondering about how to respond to all this. I think this is going to be the collapse of the current political order over the next decade. There were already cracks showing, and I don't see a way out for things to go back to "normal". So, the question is, how do we prevent China being extremely powerful in the next order?

It seems to me the way we name viruses actually is important. Given that something like 80% of new flu like viruses have come out of China in the past half century, if most of them had been called some variant of "Chinese virus", rather than names like SARS, China would have been far more motivated to improve sanitation and conditions, rather then keep things as they are. It doesn't really matter whether it came from a wet market or a fuck up at a Chinese lab to this view. This actually goes back to the way SJWs corrupt language. The same logic that was used to avoid casting 'blame' on the origins of new diseases, was instrumental in allowing this to happen.

The second thought I'm developing is, given that we've already lost a bunch of rights under the emergency provisions, especially freedom of association (with many actively cheering this on), I'm coming around to the idea of forcibly acquiring all assets and land owned by any Chinese businesses or nationals within Australia as compensation. Once purged of the Chinese influence, they can then be reprivatised. I don't otherwise see a way to extract compensation from China. (And to be clear, there's an obvious difference between the people who happen to live in China and the Chinese Communist Party. The CCP carries the blame. But, I don't think we can trust anyone who maintains Chinese citizenship.)

The worst scenario I can think of, is China coming out of this powerful enough to control, or at least significantly shape, the new world order. They are certainly moving to try and position themselves well. The only saving grace thus far is that they keep fucking things up. What we really need is men with chests, as CS Lewis would put it, but I don't see too many of them around. A very real weakness of liberal democracies is that they are inherently short term focused, because all that matters is the next election, never what's going to happen a few decades from now. I think that's largely a result of technology, although it could also be that liberal democracies in question were all relatively young. There's something to be said for starting a Cathedral over hundreds of years that you won't be alive to see finished. It's the same motivation that has us plant trees that we will never enjoy the shade of. How do we incentivise that in liberal democracies without losing freedoms? It think it requires re-examining the duty side of the right-duty ledger. I think that is the only way out now. The alternative is going to be more and more being forced to say things we know to be false.
We should start by calling this thing the Xiaoping virus, or the Winnie the Ping virus just to get the malevolent old codger really steamed. The Chinese rot in the West is quite scary. Never mind the property markets and all that kind of thing, it's the way the Chinese govt have bought so many politicians, wormed their way into research institutions and taken control of so many vital technologies that is really worrying. European nations are actually arguing over whether or not they should let the Chinese dominate 5G tech! It shouldn't even be a question. I don't think the Americans can rely on the Republicans to act. Trump is on the money when it comes to the CCP but the party itself is packed with establishment insiders.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: We should start by calling this thing the Xiaoping virus, or the Winnie the Ping virus just to get the malevolent old codger really steamed.
We're calling it "One Party Pneumonia" because...well, communism.

franc

Post by franc »

a) I'm sorry for crap. Been living in crazy town for 6 months.

b) I need a theoretical criminal urgently. My crazy mother locked this thing, hid the key in a "safe place", it contains vital documents, she's blaming it all on me for locking it and I need the best non destructive way to open it -

This is kinda fucking important. Like roof over head important.

Fegg

Post by Fegg »

franc wrote: a) I'm sorry for crap. Been living in crazy town for 6 months.

b) I need a theoretical criminal urgently. My crazy mother locked this thing, hid the key in a "safe place", it contains vital documents, she's blaming it all on me for locking it and I need the best non destructive way to open it -
99% of filing cabinet locks should be very easy to pick - even for an absolute beginner. There are lots of videos on youtube showing how. While I recommend the purchase of proper lockpicking tools, you can make a good tension wrench by bending a windshield wiper insert and you can make an adequate pick for this purpose from a bent trombone paper clip.

Any decent locksmith should have no trouble with 99.9% of filing cabinet locks, but he will probably charge you as much as any other repairman charges to come to your house to fix something.

B.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Yes, picking locks is fun and much easier than you'd think. But if there is a need for speed and no inclination to be calm and careful with your paperclip, I'd recommend an angle grinder. Non-destructive? Cut the hole on the back and replace the filing cabinet against a wall. No one need ever know.

John D

Post by John D »

On some of the really cheap file cabinets you can get to the lock rod by tipping them over. Sometimes the bottoms are partially open. You can then muscle the rod out of the notches on the drawers.

John D

Post by John D »

This is long... but it is really good.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Hiring a locksmith is an easy way to do it. If you want to do it yourself, check out Lockpickinglawyer's channel. He likely has a how to on the lock in question or a similar one.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9K6r ... 6FQ/videos

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

franc wrote: ) I need a theoretical criminal urgently. My crazy mother locked this thing, hid the key in a "safe place", it contains vital documents, she's blaming it all on me for locking it and I need the best non destructive way to open it -
I recommend you crowdsource the problem to Reddit.
Several times-- "I wonder what's inside this old lockbox" posts have generated actionable advice.
Figure-out which subreddit is the right place to ask for help-- then
Post photos, plus any brand name info, model #, & whatever additional requirements you have-- such as the intrusion being undetectable.

Good luck.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

franc wrote: b) I need a theoretical criminal urgently. My crazy mother locked this thing, hid the key in a "safe place", it contains vital documents, she's blaming it all on me for locking it and I need the best non destructive way to open it -

I opened one once by drilling straight into the lock from the side with a fat drill bit.

free thoughtpolice

These fucking telescammers are getting more malicious and harassing. The last few weeks, I've been getting one or two rings on my phone at 3am, 4am, 6am and 7am. plus a call in the afternoon that has more rings but hangs up as soon as I answer. I suspect these were generated by computer and several different numbers would come up on call display so it's likely they all were not the numbers that were actually calling. When I backtraced two numbers they came up as a listed collection agency and a number that 30,000 people had backtraced and presumed was a collection agency. I haven't phoned the numbers because I'm confident they spoofed the call display and no legitimate collection agency would be stupid enough to open themselves up to criminal harassment charges by using these tactics.
On Friday, the call in the afternoon didn't hangup and someone asked to talk to a person that lived here several years ago. When I asked him to identify himself asked what he wanted he kind of mumbled a name. When I said no, that person isn't here he said he would phone back, to which I told him she didn't live here and to not phone back.
It's been 2 days now without a call so hopefully the lowlife has figured out that I'm not going to get sucked in by whatever scam he is trying to pull. I would dearly like to get my hands around this motherfucker's throat.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Anyone else remember when they needed to remove a dead whale from an Oregon beach back in the Seventies and decided dynamite would be the perfect solution:

Keating

Post by Keating »

free thoughtpolice wrote: These fucking telescammers are getting more malicious and harassing.
The only ones I get are the Chinese language ones. Apparently there are so many Chinese here, that it's worth cold calling Australian numbers with robots to scam them for money. I'm already this close to seriously advocating nuking Beijing. A few more of these and I'll push the button myself.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
franc wrote: b) I need a theoretical criminal urgently. My crazy mother locked this thing, hid the key in a "safe place", it contains vital documents, she's blaming it all on me for locking it and I need the best non destructive way to open it -

I opened one once by drilling straight into the lock from the side with a fat drill bit.
The locks on file cabinets are almost always crap. That one looks to be a fairly good one, as in "4-5 pins rather than 3-4 wafers" good. Still easy to pick. Here's a page that doesn't involve any special tools:

https://www.wikihow.com/Pick-a-Filing-Cabinet-Lock

If things get really desperate you always have the option of drilling out the cylinder.

I'd come over and pick it for you, but there's an ocean in the way.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

BoxNDox wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

The locks on file cabinets are almost always crap. That one looks to be a fairly good one, as in "4-5 pins rather than 3-4 wafers" good. Still easy to pick. Here's a page that doesn't involve any special tools:

https://www.wikihow.com/Pick-a-Filing-Cabinet-Lock

If things get really desperate you always have the option of drilling out the cylinder.

I'd come over and pick it for you, but there's an ocean in the way.
The lock may have a number pressed into it. If so, send/take a photo to a locksmith and they should be able to provide a key.

free thoughtpolice

Keating wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: These fucking telescammers are getting more malicious and harassing.
The only ones I get are the Chinese language ones. Apparently there are so many Chinese here, that it's worth cold calling Australian numbers with robots to scam them for money. I'm already this close to seriously advocating nuking Beijing. A few more of these and I'll push the button myself.
Here most of them are from India and Pakistan although this last one I think was a local scumbag. The people that fall for their scams are usually older people and others that are naive about scams. Disproportionately the people that get sucked in are immigrants from India or other 3rd world countries. For example, one of the biggest scams last year was the alleged tax collectors phoning people and threatening them with imminent arrest if they don't immediately go to a local department store and buy gift type cards to the total allegedly owed. People from 3rd world countries don't find that local corruption to be unusual so they tend to be the easiest marks.
Bad enough that they steal from gullible people but they also are using software that makes having a telephone which is a necessity a large liability.
My area has a lot of older people and it seems they target areas and "older numbers" which were issued 20 years ago or more so I've had to deal with lots of these assholes over many years.
As a liberal I would advocate accurately targeted drone strikes rather than your understandable, but maybe excessive nuclear option.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Did she murder him or something? Poor Mexicans just can't get a break in the USA.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

free thoughtpolice wrote: As a liberal I would advocate accurately targeted drone strikes rather than your understandable, but maybe excessive nuclear option.
I'm bleeding heart lib, against death penalty, pro gun control. But people who financially prey on the elderly should be put against a wall and shot with arrows.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

RIP Honor Blackman :(

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Bhurzum wrote: RIP Honor Blackman :(

I'd like to die aged 94. Though you might ask me again when I'm 93.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

screwtape wrote: I'd like to die aged 94. Though you might ask me again when I'm 93.
I'd like to die the same way as Dave Lister - died at the age of 175 (if I remember correctly) after crashing his personal jet. His own fault, he was removing his girlfriend's bra with his teeth and lost control of the jet.

Yup, that's a good death right there.

https://enacademic.com/pictures/enwiki/79/Oldlister.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The Independent reports
the hypothetical reaction sounds
which you would have heard
had any-such imaginary event
actually occurred:
"If the journalists had been gathered in the room, as we would have been BC – “Before Coronavirus” – you would have heard the gasps and murmurs of surprise."
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/bo ... 51301.html

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote:
screwtape wrote: I'd like to die aged 94. Though you might ask me again when I'm 93.
I'd like to die the same way as Dave Lister - died at the age of 175 (if I remember correctly) after crashing his personal jet. His own fault, he was removing his girlfriend's bra with his teeth and lost control of the jet.

Yup, that's a good death right there.

https://enacademic.com/pictures/enwiki/79/Oldlister.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote: I'm bleeding heart lib, against death penalty, pro gun control.
Tru dat. I actually worried about triggering Hunt with the photo of my new handgun. Because, despite our differences, I love everyone here. Except Dam Dams, who's a massive cunt.

But since Hunt obviously survived, I'll post another photo of my latest Beretta purchase:
Beretta_salami.JPG
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 733 times

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: But since Hunt obviously survived, I'll post another photo of my latest Beretta purchase:
Here's mine:

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/410/cpspr ... 021268.jpg

Note: It takes a real man to look this fabulous!

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Tru dat. I actually worried about triggering Hunt with the photo of my new handgun. Because, despite our differences, I love everyone here. Except Dam Dams, who's a massive cunt.

Your shotgun and that wimpy handgun are an inadequate security feature for your location IMHO. Because of your long driveway and large property you need a rifle that can find and kill at distance. Consider a tweaker or even worse a Jehova's Witness starts walking toward you. They stop at 150 yards away and bring out their scoped high power rifle.
You're fucked. They will just shoot you, take your horse deworming medicine and your toilet paper stash.
You need more firepower, and now.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Your shotgun and that wimpy handgun are an inadequate security feature for your location IMHO. Because of your long driveway and large property you need a rifle that can find and kill at distance. Consider a tweaker or even worse a Jehova's Witness starts walking toward you. They stop at 150 yards away and bring out their scoped high power rifle.
You're fucked. They will just shoot you, take your horse deworming medicine and your toilet paper stash.
You need more firepower, and now.
:lol:

O, for A Ruger Mini 14!

But acquiring one in Nannyfornia is easier said than done. Until then, I'll have to annoy intruders with my Gamo 1200 until they wander into slug range.

P.S. I personally know and love my local Hovies. I used to give one of their daughter's riding lessons. They leave me copies of The Watchtower and Awake! at my gate with personalized messages.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

A tweet-thread to watch - it could prove to be quite interesting if it gains traction:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote: A tweet-thread to watch - it could prove to be quite interesting if it gains traction:

There was a time when that was a ritual on the Pit. But then we obviously ran out of fucks to give.

So it's nice to see that it continues elsewhere on the web.

Keating

Post by Keating »

fuck off

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote: There was a time when that was a ritual on the Pit. But then we obviously ran out of fucks to give.

Yeah, I get the feeling that most of the long-term 'pitters are like crusty old veterans of that particular battle.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... z2zHuqJy2o

"PZ Myers? I remember locking horns with that bugger back in 2012. We lost a few good memes that day..."

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

First lyrics video is out!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

KiwiInOz wrote: There was a time when that was a ritual on the Pit. But then we obviously ran out of fucks to give.

Now, as then, the sticking point may well be in the definition of 'community' with different people having a diverse range of opinions and expectations thereof...

Though of course as people round these parts were wont to say: "Nobody Speaks for the Pit".

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

With all the misery and ridiculous things to talk about - I'm glad that at least Phil is striking the right note...

Cheers Phil - and stay well (away from me) - and that goes for all of you sick bastards.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

I see Cardinal Pell has been acquitted of all charges by the unanimous judgement of an Australian appeal court, after spending a year in solitary confinement at a maximum security prison.

It looked like the whole thing was dodgy after reading this Qillette article.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

free thoughtpolice wrote: You're fucked. They will just shoot you, take your horse deworming medicine and your toilet paper stash.
I can see the Sylvester Stallone adaptation now:

"Ivermectin , but you-ver fucked..."
free thoughtpolice wrote: You need more firepower, and now.
This type of escalation can only lead one place.

https://thebulletin.org/wp-content/uplo ... at_man.jpg

(Note: just to state the obvious, being pro-gun control doesn't mean I'm totally anti-gun.)

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

By the way, dispelling the notion that I'm a total liberal urban twit, I actually own two burros (donkeys). One is terribly allergic to ivermectin and once got a bad case of rhabdomyolysis from it. It was touch and go for a while, but she made it through. This was before we had her flown to Hawaii. Yes, you heard that right.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Hunt wrote: By the way, dispelling the notion that I'm a total liberal urban twit, I actually own two burros (donkeys). One is terribly allergic to ivermectin and once got a bad case of rhabdomyolysis from it. It was touch and go for a while, but she made it through. This was before we had her flown to Hawaii. Yes, you heard that right.
Collies have a low tolerance for Ivermectin, so if you are taking it don't let your collies get into it.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Sargon discusses the meltdowns certain trannies are having over being isolated:

It brings home the fact that for a proportion of them, probably the trans trenders, this all about attention. We create a society where the cheap and easy route to power is by claiming oppression, and no surprise that people whose lives are unfulfilling in every respect can become celebrities in their own minds by cutting off their tits and dicks. And now they discover that they can't tell each other how stunning and brave they are except on social media, and it doesn't work as well as in real life. Man, those hormones - in this case serotonin and oxytocin - are bastards.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

There seems to be money in becoming a living breathing letter to the editors column.

At least that's what Mrs Trellis of North Wales tells me.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

screwtape wrote: Sargon discusses the meltdowns certain trannies are having over being isolated:

It brings home the fact that for a proportion of them, probably the trans trenders, this all about attention. We create a society where the cheap and easy route to power is by claiming oppression, and no surprise that people whose lives are unfulfilling in every respect can become celebrities in their own minds by cutting off their tits and dicks. And now they discover that they can't tell each other how stunning and brave they are except on social media, and it doesn't work as well as in real life. Man, those hormones - in this case serotonin and oxytocin - are bastards.
"Painting your room in gender-affirming colors" -- wait, I thought pink is for girls is something the patriarchy oppresses us with. What if a non-trans person paints their room in gender-affirming colors? Is that a good thing that helps them cope or is that a sign that they have internalized the misogyny and oppression of the patriarchy?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote: This was before we had her flown to Hawaii. Yes, you heard that right.
It would've been mean to ask the poor girl to swim.

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Gf's mom is in a shabby nursing home. We had a little contact, via an aide using her tablet to Skype. The old lady is sick. Maybe corona, who knows? She complained (in Chinese) that they're only giving her Ensure/ not water. Two week delay to get bottled water delivered to her via Amazon. So I biked a dozen small bottled waters to the home. Plus some sealed cookies as gift to the staff. I don't know if the package will actually reach her, on the 3rd floor.

On the way... the Hassidic Jewish neighborhood sidewalks were FULL of children playing, rabbis carwashing a minivan, mother with babies in strollers, old people. About 1 in 100 wearing a mask.

As I biked, I was listening to Michael Malice describe Abraham pleading with God to spare the destruction of Sodom. "If I can find 50 righteous men in Sodom, will you spare the city?" God agreed. "What if I find 5 less?" God agreed. Malice said the interpretation he had been taught-- was that Abraham was tricking God. "50". Take away the "5". God just agreed that finding 0 good men would be sufficient to spare the city.

I know of many examples-- where such slyness is admired. The neighborhood I was biking-thru... has kite-string strung-up from streetlight to traffic light to power line pole. This is a way of gaming the injunction against leaving the 4 corners of your home-- on the day of the Sabbath. The jews declare the several-blocks-wide perimeters of kite string in the air-- to be the 4 corners of their roof. Thus they can claim to stay-inside their homes, while walking around outdoors. If they aren't gonna obey God's stay-at-home order, they ain't gonna obey the govt.

News reported a rabbi calling the cops on his own congregation's funeral-- to disperse them. Cops disperse a knot of mothers with children at a spot giving-away free food. Brooklynites on social media are mad at the jews for defying social distancing. Here's video clip being re-shared. The 'Jerry Emer' account also posts video footage of the busy Hassidic sidewalks-- and the face of a Hassid caught having stolen enough emergency medical supplies 'to supply an entire hospital'...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

An important campaign message.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

screwtape wrote: I see Cardinal Pell has been acquitted of all charges by the unanimous judgement of an Australian appeal court, after spending a year in solitary confinement at a maximum security prison.

It looked like the whole thing was dodgy after reading this Qillette article.
The Victorian police and DPP have a bad reputation for motivated “justice”.

The Chardonnay Left also were desperate for a high value scapegoat for Church failures. These lovies won’t back down.