You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
justinvacula

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by justinvacula »

fuzzy wrote: Mr Bluebird's on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actual
Everything is satisfactual.
It's gone the way of Chicks without dixie!

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

The Washington Post's Radley Balko vs. the Manhattan Institute's Rafael Mangual on whether "there is overwhelming evidence that the criminal justice system is racist."

https://reason.com/video/is-the-crimina ... um-debate/

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

I'm now returning to the fray as Public Relations Manager with the new group Atheists For Liberty - the only explicitly anti-SJW atheist 501 (c) 3 organization I know of. We're also providing a home for libertarians, conservatives, centrists, and those against wokeness.

At the moment, sheltered in place, I'm helping with social media, collaborating with group founders, and will respond to requests for discussion/questions. We'll be in Vegas this July tabling at FreedomFest and the upcoming Better Discourses conference.

When the group launched, we got a seal of approval from PZ Myers who doesn't like the Enlightenment: http://archive.is/MFmSI
The values of the Enlightenment, as exemplified by Locke, include revoking all protections of law for atheists. Muslims as well, of course, but this is not so directly hypocritical for a group calling itself Atheists for Liberty. Tolerance is a privilege earned by being sufficiently Christian, which in other passages he clarifies must also mean non-Catholic.
The values of Atheists for Liberty, then, include the value that atheists should have no liberty. It is a stunning, nauseating confirmation that “classical liberals” and other arrogantly ignorant participants in Atheists for Liberty and other groups, formal or informal, that share its creed are interested in Enlightenment values in exactly the same way that 21st century heterosexist are interested in the book of Exodus.
Atheists for Freedom and their heroes both endorse the common horrors of their respective ages, nibbling away at the shadows of injustice only when it gets so close to themselves that they fear those horrors might be able to use that cover to assault them. “Freedom just big enough for me” is the catchy refrain inked over 300 years ago that Atheists for Freedom sing in their showers today.
PZ also wasn't happy to see Shermer and Peter Boghossian on the advisory board.

Here's our site!

https://www.atheistsforliberty.org/abou ... -advisors/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Driftless wrote: Daily Mail had photo of the actual NASCAR noose:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/06/25 ... 312802.jpg

That does look like a noose to me. I wonder what the other pull ropes look like? I'm surprised no one has shown whether they are all like that or just the one.
Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... eful-hoax/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Joe Biden bragged about hearing the gunshots in mass shooting of 5 Amish schoolgirls

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/did- ... r-tragedy/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

justinvacula wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:33 pm
...and as expected, now Dungeons and Dragons is problematic...
Funny how the woke people currently in charge of D&D... make a big fuss about their imaginary game world.

But they ignore the their game's real life systematic, institutionalized, heirarchal power & privilege:

One player is called 'Master'. He is given godlike power. And he operates a fucking Dungeon. And the other players are given imaginary weapons and told they are a diverse assortment of races. And assigned to loot and kill. And the Dungeon's Master deploys armies of goons against the looters.

Decent people should be Bothered About Dungeons and Dragons.

Keating

Post by Keating »

So this has started to infect the company I work for. It's a small, private company; maybe 40 people. Mostly Australians, but we have 4 Americans. 3 of the Americans are pushing to change the long standing "Master/Slave" terminology we've had into our software since the beginning. None of the Australians seem to care, mostly for pragmatic reasons (it'll be a lot of work to change). I think I'm the only one who has openly said we shouldn't change it for philosophical reasons. While we also had some protesting here (which Melbourne is righteously paying for now, with a large surge in WuFlu infections), I'm somewhat interested to see the cultural difference between the United States and Australia. Our inclination to apathy seems to be our saving grace.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Keating wrote: So this has started to infect the company I work for. It's a small, private company; maybe 40 people. Mostly Australians, but we have 4 Americans. 3 of the Americans are pushing to change the long standing "Master/Slave" terminology we've had into our software since the beginning. None of the Australians seem to care, mostly for pragmatic reasons (it'll be a lot of work to change). I think I'm the only one who has openly said we shouldn't change it for philosophical reasons. While we also had some protesting here (which Melbourne is righteously paying for now, with a large surge in WuFlu infections), I'm somewhat interested to see the cultural difference between the United States and Australia. Our inclination to apathy seems to be our saving grace.
That is utterly absurd. Once you start down that path of terminology lawyering, you enter the first ring of Hades. Speaking of which, I wonder when freedom from religion will demand the end to daemon processes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daemon_(c ... erminology

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

They really aren't blatantly and knowingly anti-conservative, honest!
[bbvideo]https://www.youtube.com/embed/9O8p4zK8ywY[/bbvideo]

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Keating wrote: So this has started to infect the company I work for. It's a small, private company; maybe 40 people. Mostly Australians, but we have 4 Americans. 3 of the Americans are pushing to change the long standing "Master/Slave" terminology we've had into our software since the beginning. None of the Australians seem to care, mostly for pragmatic reasons (it'll be a lot of work to change). I think I'm the only one who has openly said we shouldn't change it for philosophical reasons. While we also had some protesting here (which Melbourne is righteously paying for now, with a large surge in WuFlu infections), I'm somewhat interested to see the cultural difference between the United States and Australia. Our inclination to apathy seems to be our saving grace.
My concerns are that my company will go down that route. We already have an internal web page with "resources" on BLM, systemic racism and microaggressions. We had a Juneteenth "celebration" consisting of a panel discussion and time for reflection. I find it odd that it was not just another paid holiday but that just shows that the BLM-aligned people want everyone to be indoctrinated instead of having a day off. We are all working from home and it was all voluntary, so I'm not sure how many people actually participated.

Looking at upper management there are few if any black people, so my concern is that the next step may be demands for diversity. Since they already endorsed the idea of systemic racism they can't really fight back against it now. I think the usual demand is for a diversity officer reporting directly to the CEO. It will be interesting to see if next year Juneteenth is just another paid holiday or if they repeat the "education".

ThreeFlangedJavis

One more try.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:59 am
They really aren't blatantly and knowingly anti-conservative, honest!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

That Veritas video was recommended to me when i went to youtube a few days ago... in the upper left/ most prominent position on the page. I dont think youtube usually favors Project Veritas videos-- so I wondered if they promoted this one because the target is Facebook.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Sympathetic profile of the black rookie involved in the George Floyd killing.

His BLM little brother & sister... denounce him in public. Fucking asswipes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/27/us/m ... kueng.html

I'm holding my breath-- waiting for a similar NY Times profile of the white rookie-- he tutored Somali kids in math & science.
(I can't breathe)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Keating wrote: 3 of the Americans are pushing to change the long standing "Master/Slave" terminology we've had into our software since the beginning.
Suggest "China" / "China's Bitch".

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Not surprised, really, that Jack Dorsey struggles to understand what is means to be 'a man'.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

I spoke with Vincent Freeman or Babylon Project/Thinking Out Loud about SJW takeover of atheist communities and today's culture wars:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Funny how the woke people currently in charge of D&D... make a big fuss about their imaginary game world.
FTFY

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

If enough people want to change the name (for whatever reason) they probably will.

Australians have already set a precedent...
386303-large.jpg
(770.79 KiB) Downloaded 1776 times
Though I'm not sure how this relates to philosophy.

Keating

Post by Keating »

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I hope I'm not doxing but there is a Chris Keating with an account on SoundCloud.

That should set some toes tapping even for apathetic Australians.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Keating wrote: 3 of the Americans are pushing to change the long standing "Master/Slave" terminology we've had into our software since the beginning.
I've suggested:
Red Guard / Four Olds
Kulaks / Proletariate
Eloi / Morlocks

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Mike Henry has stepped down from playing the character Cleveland on "Family Guy," the latest in a slew of White actors abdicating roles voicing animated characters of color.

"I love this character, but persons of color should play characters of color," he said. "Therefore, I will be stepping down from the role."

The announcement comes shortly after "The Simpsons," a FOX show like "Family Guy," declared it would no longer have White actors voice non-White characters. That decision came months after Hank Azaria said he would no longer voice the popular "Simpsons" character Apu, which had been criticized as a racist, stereotypical and demeaning portrayal of South Asian people.

But "Family Guy" also has other nonwhite characters voiced by White actors, including Tricia Takanawa, voiced by Alex Borstein, who also voices matriarch Lois Griffin.
https://www.wnep.com/article/news/natio ... 632e97f9e0

Keating

Post by Keating »

I guess Brive was right about Joan of Arc.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Jon Stewart on Joe Rogan podcast...

What a mushy useless bleeding-heart puss. Stewart objects to Rogan saying it's unhealthy for people to be fat. And Stewart bemoans that it's unfair to suggest poor, oppressed [black] people should concern themselves with maintaining their own immune systems...

But Stewart is now vegetarian & adopts factory farm animals & complains that they've been bred to gain too much weight for their legs to hold.

Jon Stewart is an un-reconstructed "why cant the government...." guy.

The govt IS the Factory Farm for humans, you goof!
It's like he read Animal Farm & thought it was literally about farm animal conditions.

I actually think his POV is AWOL in public influence. But the answer to "why can't the govt...” is Because You Democrats Keep Picking Biden and Hillary and Pelosi and Ocasio... and not Tulsi. You re-elect fuckups. Dont point fingers anywhere else.

I was thinking this morning... that Biden might be toxic to fellow Dems-- in a way concealed by using Covid as an excuse to hide from campaigning. As soon as surrogates like Bernie face the public to stump for Biden... they will be slammed with BLM outrage.... for Biden's draconian record on crime punishment. And what's in it for a Bernie or Tulsi or Yang to sacrifice their own reputation... in defense of Biden's ugly record?.

Today's the last day of another trip to the cabin in the Catskills. This time the hassidic jews have returned to their summer enclaves... and are being assholes in town... not wearing masks in stores... crowding unnecessarily-close to masked-people... treating the social distancing gaps in line-to-the-register as an excuse to cut-ahead of the people six-feet back.

No wonder this county was #1 in Covid, after nyc subsided.

Im torn. On one hand... Im pissed at the jews for being rude oafs. But Im also glad rude oafs disrupt the brainless conformity. --the gay texmex alcoholic cabin owner watches CNN in a stupor... believing every word of the 'second wave' of covid hype. He tunes-out with glazed eyes-- when I show him the charts... that the spike in new diagnoses... isnt matched by a spike in fatalities... so maybe it's just more people being tested positive/ asymptomatic... or their symptoms ended months-ago.

He & I are in different realities. He hears me listening to Joe Rogan... but thinks he's listening to Seth Rogan.

But then he gets Seth Rogan confused with Jay Mohr... unaware that Jay Mohr also has a podcast... the confusion has something to do with when gaytexmex was a waiter at the restaurant above the Comedy Cellar around Y2K. And Jay Mohr fucked a waitress and Jon Stewart was also around the restaurant & Cellar back-then... so this must be 'Seth Rogan' interviewing his old pal Jon Stewart.

Yesterday we played a shapeless guessing game with his memory, "who is that actor from the 80's? Kind of a Ray Liotta type? Maybe he's from Asbury Park or in a movie set in New Jersey? I cant recall anything he was in...". This was to comete a gossipy 'story' (no beginning or middle or end) about some fashion model he knows who went on a date with the actor. But he didnt start the story by mentioning her or the date. Just "who is that actor...?". Ok fine, I'll kill half an hour saying forgotten names. Anthony Denison. no. Harry Hamlin. no. Corbin Bersen. no. John Hurt. no. Raul Julia. no. F. Murray Abraham. no. James Earl Jones?

Finally he texted the model: Jeff Goldblum.

And? Nothing more. That's the story. Jeff Goldblum slept with someone Ive never met or heard of. Just like SethJoeJay RoganMohr slept with a waitress in the 90's.

This is CNN.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Netflix & Hulu disappear the 'Advanced Dungeons & Dragons' episode of Community because korean-american-nazi Ken Jeong cosplays as a dark elf in 'blackface'. (The character is mocked in the episode for the faux pas.)

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/community- ... s-episode/

This aggression will not stand!

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Service Dog wrote: Netflix & Hulu disappear the 'Advanced Dungeons & Dragons' episode of Community because korean-american-nazi Ken Jeong cosplays as a dark elf in 'blackface'. (The character is mocked in the episode for the faux pas.)

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/community- ... s-episode/

This aggression will not stand!
FFS Den of Geek
This seems like one of the odder pieces of media to get “cancelled” considering it is intentionally vague whether it counts as blackface, and that ambiguity is a not-so-subtle dig at the inherent racism that exists in a plethora of fantasy fiction, like the Dungeons & Dragons covers Community was deconstructing, as well as the decades of such fiction permeating the genre. Ever wonder why all the Orcs were black and the only men who supported Mordor in Lord of the Rings were dark skinned and “from the south,” just as Africa is south of Britain?

Keating

Post by Keating »

Service Dog wrote: Stewart objects to Rogan saying it's unhealthy for people to be fat. And Stewart bemoans that it's unfair to suggest poor, oppressed [black] people should concern themselves with maintaining their own immune systems...

But Stewart is now vegetarian & adopts factory farm animals & complains that they've been bred to gain too much weight for their legs to hold.

Jon Stewart is an un-reconstructed "why cant the government...." guy.

The govt IS the Factory Farm for humans, you goof!
When I heard that part, what occurred to me was that Joe Rogan appears to think fitness and health is something that should be assumed to be within the control of individuals, but financial skills and knowledge cannot be expected to be within the control of individuals. At least Stewart is consistent in thinking neither should be left to individuals.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Rogan is consistent... he consistently shifts his opinion to agree with each guest.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Fucking Vacula killed the Pit!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Pimp/Ho?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: they've been bred to gain too much weight for their legs to hold.
That is true for meat chickens, which is why they're all slaughtered at no later than eight weeks of age.

Other than that, Jon Stewart is a complete douche.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Service Dog wrote: Rogan is consistent... he consistently shifts his opinion to agree with each guest.
Joe Rogan fascinates me because we're about the same age, and while my energy and focus level has obviously flagged a bit over the last 10 years to the point it's increasingly challenging maintaining a high level in a single profession, he's excelling in 3 simultaneously. One of his time and energy savers, though, is that he generally puts no prep work into his podcast. If his guest says something in an area he has some knowledge, then he can turn on them rather effectively, like when he eviscerated that worm Adam Conover or Brian Dunning, and made Bari Weiss look foolish. Otherwise, he mostly does the Dave Rubin thing and lets his guest drive the content (Rubin's probably better at softball, though). I'm not really a fan of the podcast. I'm subscribed to it, but I'll listen to more than 5 minutes of it at most once a month, and I'll listen to the full podcast maybe twice a year when he has a guest I'm particularly interested in.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Service Dog wrote: Rogan is consistent... he consistently shifts his opinion to agree with each guest.
Joe Rogan fascinates me because we're about the same age, and while my energy and focus level has obviously flagged a bit over the last 10 years to the point it's increasingly challenging maintaining a high level in a single profession, he's excelling in 3 simultaneously. One of his time and energy savers, though, is that he generally puts no prep work into his podcast. If his guest says something in an area he has some knowledge, then he can turn on them rather effectively, like when he eviscerated that worm Adam Conover or Brian Dunning, and made Bari Weiss look foolish. Otherwise, he mostly does the Dave Rubin thing and lets his guest drive the content (Rubin's probably better at softball, though). I'm not really a fan of the podcast. I'm subscribed to it, but I'll listen to more than 5 minutes of it at most once a month, and I'll listen to the full podcast maybe twice a year when he has a guest I'm particularly interested in.
I also only listen to the few that have someone on who I'm interested in. The recent Brett Weinstein being one of them, and the previous Jordan Peterson bing another. I don't know an of the comedians or fight-related guests.

One that puzzled me was Debra Soh. It seemed like he was interrupting her constantly. It felt odd listening to it. It didn't seem like she was a non-talkative guest and he was trying to make it more interesting, and he wasn't disagreeing with her. It just seemed like he kept interrupting.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

I wonder how many of the demands will be met in NYC:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/06/28 ... 674635.jpg

I assume the "repeal laws criminalizing survival" demand means be like California and decriminalize shoplifting.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The fine print on the sign directs us to 8toAbolition.com & their front page
says they're a faction opposed to the 8cantwait.org faction.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Given that Hank Azaria will no longer be voicing Apu on the Spimpsons, does that mean that the black actors in Hamilton are going to relinquish their roles to whitey?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Why didn't we see this all along? Brony's are all a bunch of neo-nazis:

https://quillette.com/2020/06/27/is-the ... -of-nazis/

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Lsuoma wrote: Fucking Vacula killed the Pit!
lol I don't get it

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Driftless wrote: One that puzzled me was Debra Soh. It seemed like he was interrupting her constantly. It felt odd listening to it. It didn't seem like she was a non-talkative guest and he was trying to make it more interesting, and he wasn't disagreeing with her. It just seemed like he kept interrupting.
It's possible that he might have been stoned at the time.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

MarcusAu wrote:
Driftless wrote: One that puzzled me was Debra Soh. It seemed like he was interrupting her constantly. It felt odd listening to it. It didn't seem like she was a non-talkative guest and he was trying to make it more interesting, and he wasn't disagreeing with her. It just seemed like he kept interrupting.
It's possible that he might have been stoned at the time.
Or not stoned. He wasn't very laid back.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote: Brive
Next thing you know they will be destroying our physical cultural artefacts whilst the Chinese will use their economic hegemony to force us to kneel.

That’s my prediction.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

justinvacula wrote:
lol I don't get it
The Pit was nonplussed after your post for some significant amount of time. The record, I think, is held by Phil.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

KiwiInOz wrote:
justinvacula wrote:
lol I don't get it
The Pit was nonplussed after your post for some significant amount of time. The record, I think, is held by Phil.
!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

:o :o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(but I hear it is fake news though)

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:24 am
I was thinking this morning... that Biden might be toxic to fellow Dems-- in a way concealed by using Covid as an excuse to hide from campaigning. As soon as surrogates like Bernie face the public to stump for Biden... they will be slammed with BLM outrage.... for Biden's draconian record on crime punishment. And what's in it for a Bernie or Tulsi or Yang to sacrifice their own reputation... in defense of Biden's ugly record?.
We shall see. It all depends on who is giving BLM their marching orders. Current hypothesis is that Biden is a stalking horse to be replaced post election by a more whacko-friendly type when the Dems suddenly feign mock surprise that he really can't differentiate his arse from his elbow. Who knew? How spontaneous is the anarchy? is there a guiding hand capable of reigning in the mob when needed or have the Democrats unleashed a monster they can't control?

While we are on the Biden subject, I have come to the tentative conclusion that the more vehement and barkingly aggressive his denial of an accusation, the more likely it is to be true. He knew nothing about the Flynn investigation! Except that the records show he was the one who brought up the Logan Act when it was clear that Flynn had said nothing actionable in his phone calls, even Comey having admitted as much. How is this guy still in the running?

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:27 am
Rogan is consistent... he consistently shifts his opinion to agree with each guest.
Well he was really primed to be all contrarian with Sargon. You could tell that he'd had people whispering in his ear before that one. He was meticulously nitpicky about requesting specific evidence backing up every general point Sargon made. It was in stark contrast to his more lackadaisical style.

I prefer it when he is less confrontational. He usually lets the guest speak for him or herself and goes along for the ride without necessarily agreeing, which usually results in a far more revealing conversation. If someone is not being honest they very often talk themselves into a corner if you let them run. It also tends to show the multi-faceted nature and humanity of ideological opponents you'd normally only see in very narrow focus.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

A metaphor for 2020

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote:

A metaphor for 2020
I certainly hope his wife's gun isn't loaded. Several times if her finger had slipped, she would have blown his brains out.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: Pimp/Ho?
And just like that, a memory comes lurching out of the darkest recesses of my rancid thinky-box! When I split with der frau, I starting seeing a lance-jack who worked in the med center (dental-tech, brain dead but very fit and loved horizontal workouts!) and she used to strip/dance for me to this delightful ditty!

Christ almighty, she was great for morale! :D

Anyway, shit has been posted, job done, carry on.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hunt wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

A metaphor for 2020
I certainly hope his wife's gun isn't loaded. Several times if her finger had slipped, she would have blown his brains out.
He was also flapping his trigger hand around like a moth.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I thought it was going to be a shootout scene from Beverley Hills Cop.

Turned out to be Dinner For Schmucks. 'Zat vas my wife's favorite finger!'

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Vivid, elaborate, satisfying dream last night... of looting Macy's on 34th Street.
I see the appeal now.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

That 'white power' clip Trump retweeted... is the best thing ever.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

The American head of state doesn't seem all that sinister...

...in comparison I mean.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

A metaphor for 2020
LOL. No great loss. I'd like to think these two are some of the millions of noobs who've bought guns in response to the riots, but ....

She muzzled him like five times in thirty seconds, finger on the trigger the entire time, then muzzles herself by crossing his bore. At least she had the good sense to first put down her martini, leaving her support hand free to place on her hip. His rifle's got a forward grip, yet he's grabbing the barrel, then uses his strong hand to gesticulate.

Then there are the tactical decisions. From other video clips, crowd looks to be at least two hundred. She has five rounds, he has maybe twenty? No no speed loaders, no extra mags. Neither show any indication they could hit shit. This isn't a burglar or two. Even for that contingency, for my Beretta I have a simple holster + mag pouch on a riggers belt I can quickly snap around my [probably naked] waist. For her revolver, my GF got herself a snazzy, bespoke, leather 'gunslinger's' belt with custom speed loader loops. She can pull it off cuz she's a cowgirl and a dead shot.

These idiots also advanced on the threat. At one point, she's out on the lawn about three yards from the crowd, waving her gun like she's watering the plants. They've also assumed no one in the crowd is armed -- not even a brick or a bottle? -- so are not availing themselves of any concealment or cover.

Biggest problem is, they've needlessly escalated the situation. Yes, the crowd had just broken down the gates to a private road, and were wandering all over these folks' lawn. But it was still just a crowd, albeit one that could morph into a mob in a flash. Mobs are mental -- we've already seen how, after someone has hit a rioter with a car, it enrages the mob who swarm the car.

Legally, it's very hard to claim a reasonable fear of imminent serious bodily harm from some idiots trampling your grass. Pointing their guns constituted a threat of violence in response to a minor code violation. Yes, these protests are just a heartbeat away from turning into riots, but you weren't there yet, and these two idiots nudged the crowd that much closer. Now, if the marchers were milling on your porch or started vandalizing, that'd be more threatening. If any of them broke into your house, shoot them without hesitation.

A gun does not give you magical powers, nor the right to do things you didn't have without one. A gun only increases your ability to protect yourself and stay safe. All your decisions should be smart ones to remain safe, which factor in all elements of the situation. This couple have probably already spent more money talking to their lawyer than the cost of laying new sod. And now their house is recognizable by every antifa cunt in the country.

That being said, there will be more of this sort of shit to come. The mob has been emboldened by sympathetic local officials, MSM and the Dems, left unpunished, so their audacity and excesses continue to grow. Innocent people have been attacked, beaten and even killed by mobs. The cops are either being ordered not to intervene, or are backing off on their own for fear of reprisal for simply doing their job. Our government leaders have backed the populace into the corner of vigilantism.

FYI, from my GF's lady's shooting club:
4rules.jpg
(90.45 KiB) Downloaded 1732 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

On the other hand, carelessly waving a pistol around does send a certain message: 'oh shit, that bitch is crazy enough to actually shoot'. I'd advise her to yell about 5G and the reptilians. Maybe some weird bible quotes.

For it is an Abomination that His Judgement of the Unclean Shall Reap the Blood of Angels! Amen!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Service Dog wrote:
That 'white power' clip Trump retweeted... is the best thing ever.
Definitely better than the Cowboys 4 Trump retweet of " the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat" because it was only meant politically, not really.
Retweeting the couple waving their guns around was pretty good though.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(Unfortunately, this is probably a fake. No one is that stupid ... right?)