You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Hunt

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Hunt »

Probably opening a can of worms here, but anyone care to list the supplements they take?

I personally intermittently take a range of B vitamins, glucosamine and chondroitin for joints, sometimes Vit. C depending on diet. and others...

I'm into brain health, so I'm interested in keeping blood sugar down. My cousin has T2D and so did my uncle, but both are/were very obese and not at all healthy eaters. I'd love to have my fasting insulin, homocysteine, C reactive protein checked but unfortunately I'd have to pay for them out of pocket. I try to avoid carbs whenever possible, knowing that given the culture I live in, I'm going to get my share anyway.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

I eat a lot of nuts.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Hunt wrote: I eat a lot of nuts.
Must...resist...bait!

Keating

Post by Keating »

Hunt wrote: Probably opening a can of worms here, but anyone care to list the supplements they take?
I take no supplements or on going medications of any kind. I also can cook, and rarely eat out or get food delivered. I'm the healthiest and fittest I've ever been.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Bhurzum wrote:
Must...resist...bait!
Come on, you know you want to.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I take a men’s multiVit - because I can’t be bothered tracking micros
Plus 4000 IU Vitamin D with a spoonful of coconut oil - because it’s winter.
And finally fish oil, because you can never offset PUFA-6 enough and salmon is expensive.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote:
Hunt wrote: Probably opening a can of worms here, but anyone care to list the supplements they take?
I take no supplements or on going medications of any kind. I also can cook, and rarely eat out or get food delivered. I'm the healthiest and fittest I've ever been.
Youth and wholefoods are a winning combination. One typically sacrificed on the altars of marriage, children and the pressures of providing a robust domestic safe-space in a crazy world.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote: Plus 4000 IU Vitamin D with a spoonful of coconut oil - because it’s winter.
Ideally, I would like to cook everything with coconut oil and also consume a few teaspoons of MCT each day. They can cause interesting times on the toilet though.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Hunt wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Must...resist...bait!

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote: Youth and wholefoods are a winning combination. One typically sacrificed on the altars of marriage, children and the pressures of providing a robust domestic safe-space in a crazy world.
Eh, the older I get, the more that trade off seems like a good deal. The pickings are rather slim at the moment, with everyone inside, and it seemed a good idea to break up before lockdown. So more a case of not having much else to put time and resources into.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Hunt wrote: Come on, you know you want to.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/c093abb ... /tenor.gif

Hnnnnnng!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The term 'Tone Police' just got real literal.

Maybe you've heard about the recent SJW psyop-- regarding the pronunciation of Kamala Harris's name?

It consists of being fussy about whether you're pronouncing it correctly, with the implication that you're racist and culturally-insensitive, if you don't.

Tucker Carlson was the main target of this outrage. Washington Post headline: "Tucker Carlson's mangling of Kamala Harris's name was all about disrespect." Echoed by CNN, Democracy Now, The Independent, and the official twitter of Pepsi. Tucker responded by airing a clip of Joe Biden pronouncing Kamala the same way Tucker does.

Oh the disrespect for a candidate's name. Meanwhile, the New York Times called Trump "Drumpf" in a news story, 5 days ago.
http://archive.is/f8F86#selection-409.84-409.110

The incident reminded me of Rush Limbaugh appearing on Charlemagne tha God's 'Breakfast Club' radio show, recently. Limbaugh pronounced Kaepernick with a "cap" and was quickly corrected "cape"-- by Charlemagne-- who then called Rush "Russ" several times.

=
This morning-- making coffee, puttering around the house-- my mind chewed-on ways to troll, whenever Kamala Harris's name is mentioned, over the next few months.

Option #1: Whenever someone says 'Kamala'-- interrupt them and tell them they're pronouncing it wrong. Then tell them the 'correct' way. And by that I mean-- pronounce it exactly the same way the other person just pronounced it. But insist there's some subtle difference. Make them keep saying it-- and keep disagreeing. "Come on. Stop. You're doing this on purpose. Just say it the right way. Don't be a jerk. It's not funny."

Option #2: When you correct them, say "Kamala" with an over-the-top Apu-from-the-Simpsons hindu accent. Then say "Harris-mon" with a deep Jamaican accent.

=

By the way, Kamala's middle name is "Devi". Years ago, there was a hindu tween in my neighborhood with that name. She explained: 'It's pronounced "Davey", but it's spelled like Devil'. I'll be telling people that at every opportunity.

=

My speaking voice is midwestern, a type considered good for TV. Like a local news weatherman telling beachgoers to expect sun or rain. I've been a fast-talking high school debater and rapper in a silly group with fast wordplay. I've been around the correct class of new york elites-- enough that I say most snobby shibboleths correctly, if I want to. (I can't be bothered to call "Vincent van Gogh", 'van kgauk'. I say 'van go'.) I think it's pedantic and passive-aggressive to insist on foreign sounds which are not used in someone's native language.

But occasionally I'm corrected for some word which grates on someone's ear. Years ago, a group of Ivy League girls teased me for how I said "measure". I couldn't hear the difference between their version and mine. Maybe they were using Option #1 on me. Or maybe I said "mays-jure" and they said "meh-shure". I think I've shifted to the latter, over the years.

At work, I seem to encounter a lot of women named "Andrea" who really really don't want to be a plain old "Andrea" (as in Dworkin), and are adamant about syllable emphasis. Not just the obvious Ahn-dray-ah -- but fanciful versions. I met an Ander-ay-ah and an andray-AH! I would be more receptive to learning their preferred name-- if they were receptive to interacting with me as someone worth getting to know. But as long as they treat me like the person who momentarily calls their name & hands them their Starbucks coffee-- why bother to demand correctness?

Dealing with one of these Andreas-- I asked her whether she would correct a dreadlocked Jamaican, if he said her name with a heavy Jamaican accent. She said that was completely different, since it would be his accent-- and I don't have an accent. I was just saying it wrong, she said. <-- I can't tell the difference between those two things --> Measure. measure. measure? measure.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Need a pronunciation guide? Tim Dillon is a pronunciation sherpa!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

On the topic of unpronounceable names - condolences to Comhcinc on the death of Kamala Harris.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: Maybe you've heard about the recent SJW psyop-- regarding the pronunciation of Kamala Harris's name? <snip>
Trolling is a art.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Portland antifa pull man out of car, beat him, drop kick his head:

https://nypost.com/2020/08/17/blm-mob-b ... ash-truck/

Andy Ngo's twitter feed also has stomach-churning video.

Sometimes compliance is not an option.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Weird stuff. His mother probably kept him safe from all those Jezebels.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

That ad is defective. The premise is that Pence is fucking weirdo for referring to his wife as "mother".

The claim that he ever called his wife "mother" is pretty flimsy-- a single anonymous Democrat source in a 2017 Rolling Stone article-- says she heard Pence call "Mother, mother" across a formal dinner table, to get wifey's attention, before asking her a question about the fine-china porcelain dinnerware. Last time we heard Rolling Stone cite an anonymous source-- the magazine had to pay $1.65 Million to a fraternity, for a fake gang-rape story.

But I'm not too concerned with the veracity of the story: Rolling Stone reported it-- ok, fine, 'Don Winslow Films' can cite a journalistic source for the "mother" claim, and Rolling Stone can cite their anonymous source.

The reason the ad is defective is-- there's zero evidence Pence's wife ever actually referred to Pence as "father", ever. That's not part of the Rolling Stone claim. So if you're gonna Just Make Up a freaky nickname to smear Pence with... "Father" is the LEAST freaky option.

The narrator shoulda said, "Vice-President Mike Pence calls his wife 'mother'. Mother does not let Her Darling Widdle Boy have dinner with another woman, unless Mother is present. Mother does not allow the make-believe 'son' she married-- to attend parties where alcohol is served..." and so on.

The ad has other problems-- which I suspect are undetectable-- to the bloated, festering TDS ticks-- who feast on this propaganda.

For example-- mocking Vice-President Pence for overly-adoring President Trump-- is a pretty good roast... but only if you forget how hard Vice-President Biden sniffs President Obama's nutsack.

Why can't these Dem smearjob guys ever remember-- to aim toward an endgame. Pence calling his wife "mother" is just outdated slang. You aren't gonna peel-off any conservative voters, or elderly voters, or middle-americans-- by calling Pence old fashioned. They might remember their grandfather calling their grandmother 'mother'. Or remember Ronald Reagan's nickname for Nancy was "Mommy".

Likewise, you're not going win those voters by using the jazzy young slang term "AF".
Who says "AF"? Woke morons on twitter. Retardo TikTok sluts.

Jesus Christ-- how does someone manage to attack Mike Fucking Pence-- and fail?!!? He's such an easy target.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Lsuoma wrote: Don't fuck with the tatanka:

Once on a trip to Utah I was doing the tourist stroll down a country street in a small town and came upon a buffalo grazing in field behind a flimsy fence. I walked over to the edge of the fence, maybe thirty feet away from it. About half a minute later it suddenly made a little false charge toward me.

That was it. I was outta there.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Hunt wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Must...resist...bait!
Fuck it - consider yourself doxxed!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

OMG OMG this actually played at the DNC

They seriously felt this aligned with their brand and would propel them to power.

If America chooses the Democrats they deserve what’s coming.

OMG

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

“The left can’t meme”

h/t Styx

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Bhurzum wrote:
Hunt wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Must...resist...bait!
Fuck it - consider yourself doxxed!

What does that have to do with buffaloes?

https://img.cinemablend.com/filter:scal ... jpg?mw=600

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote:
It doesn't really matter that non of them are going to have any cartilage left in their knees by the time they're 40 because they're all going to be dead from Covid-30 before then.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

What in the actual fuck?

Is that even English? Sorry, "American-English" as our septic tank cousins call it. Has she suffered major brain damage or something? Also, and this is what truly confuses me, why would anyone look up to or seek advice from an individual like this?

Fucking America.

Routinely.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

What part of Dirty Ass Niggers Have Smelly Dicks don't you understand?

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Bhurzum wrote: What in the actual fuck?

Is that even English? Sorry, "American-English" as our septic tank cousins call it. Has she suffered major brain damage or something? Also, and this is what truly confuses me, why would anyone look up to or seek advice from an individual like this?

Fucking America.

Routinely.
In an attempt to promote racial healing and rehabilitate the reputation of large breasted African American women, I offer this.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: What part of Dirty Ass Niggers Have Smelly Dicks don't you understand?
I don't know how to respond to that.

#BigBlackMustardReekingCocksMatter

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

jugheadnaut wrote: In an attempt to promote racial healing and rehabilitate the reputation of large breasted African American women, I offer this.

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=VoEuCOfjTYQ
Now THAT'S an African-American woman I'd happily get behind!

https://64.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpzo ... qiggqm.gif

(don't stop me until I reek of mustard!)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Fucking America.

Routinely.
I believe that there is a new W.A.P. (Weaponised Assault of Propaganda) underway in the culture war.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

56s joe says he has 5 grandkids. You forgot one, Joe.

1m44s oh— this isn’t live— harsh edits of Joe’s mumbling

3m15s Cardi wants “free medicare”, “free college”, “stricter laws”

4m0s hard edit on Cardi B acting weird

Maybe she told a story about smoking crack with-- and robbing-- Hunter Biden in a D.C. strip club?

"Cardi B explains why she 'drugged and robbed' men"
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-47718477

6m30s Biden’s same-old single-dad routine
Except this-time Jill Biden’s former husband is speaking out…
https://nypost.com/2020/08/17/jill-bide ... joe-biden/

7m46s Biden: ’drive a stake into the heart of the civil rights movement’ It’s… a vampire?

8m0s Biden describes the 60’s civil rights era: dogs ripping the clothes off black elderly women going to church … fire hoses ripping the skin off kids

Did either of those things ever actually happen? I’ve seen dogs ripping clothes of men, and firehoses pointed at blacks. but that’s not what Joe is claiming.

9m Cardi B: Blacks don’t want sympathy or chariity. Just equality Yeah, sure.

9m35s hard edit— clearly Joe attempted to spell R-E-S-P-E-C-T. I wonder how far he got.

10m50s Joe starts to condemn Trump for defending statues from being torn down, catches himself.

11m30s Biden: Record primary turnout. Is that true?

11m55s As in the debate— Biden swings a fist when he says ‘battered’.

12m13s Cardi B: “Prejudism”

14m25s Cardi: describes ‘my college experience’ ‘starving’ (Because she couldn’t figure out how to bring a meal in a brown paper bag.

14m40 Cardi: How will you make medicare & college free, without sky-high taxes?

16m12s Biden: “I’ve never broken my word… never in my life.”

Except those marriage vows, Joe
https://nypost.com/2020/08/17/jill-bide ... joe-biden/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote:
Billy Porter:
“Trump ain’t sick yet. He’s lying to us and doing something else behind closed doors… There is no way on the planet that that bitch shouldn’t be in the hospital on a ventilator if he was living the way he’s talking. It’s called genocide. That’s what it’s called; who’s gonna say that? Who’s going to remove him? It’s treason.”

“I can tell you, if it was a Black man, it would not have happened,” he says. “I can tell you that shit for sure. I can tell you for certain. If Obama had done one of the things that this white man has done, they would have hung him from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, from a tree for all the world to see, two weeks into this mess. You can trust and believe that."

"“You want to know what white privilege is – that’s what white privilege is,” he continues. “White privilege is: we’re sitting in the shit of what white privilege means. That this white man who was a D student, who was a liar, who’s a con artist, can win the presidency of the United States of America and destroy the entire world in the process? That’s privilege. That’s the white privilege ’cause the Black man would never be able to do that.”

“I’m sorry, girl. I just dumped all over you. You saw my political side.” He fetches a photographer’s light from the back of the room and switches it on. “You should see my face – because it’s pretty,” he says with immaculate timing, brightening the mood in an instant.

This blistering start to the interview takes me by surprise, but later I realise that it probably shouldn’t have. Porter hasn’t shied away from speaking his truth since Pose – and his dazzling fashion choices at events such as the 2019 Met Gala, where he arrived on a velvet litter carried by six shirtless men – has won him a global platform.
Billy_Porter_Met_Gala-1392x884.jpg
(311.62 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
Met Gala tickets are $35,000 apiece, and tables range from $200,000 to $300,000.

Slavery has historically been widespread in Africa, and still continues today in some African countries.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Africa

Billy Porter:
“So I find it disingenuous when my well-meaning white liberal allies, news outlets, politicians, faith leaders and all the rest of my Caucasian compatriots act as if this shit is new. Ain’t none of it new. You all know it and you all benefit from this ancient privilege simply by being white. This is why nothing has changed. Let me rephrase that: things have changed but nothing has changed for good. So please, please keep your white I-didn’t-do-it fragility to yourselves and simply listen. Finally, listen to us.”

free thoughtpolice

Trump has the best niggers.

Two bad these two lost their j o bs at Fox because of systemic racism. Uh huh.
They didn't say nuthin different than what Cucker, Sean, and Laura were saying, no they didn't, and they got fired just because of their skin color.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Fucking America.

Routinely.
I couldn't understand my wife's grandfather when I first met him, and she had to interpret. He was Lancastrian/Mancunian and spoke dialect. TBF, I don't think that he was advising me to keep my dick clean if I wanted to get it wet.

Keating

Post by Keating »

He knew there was no point in making the suggestion

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Movie recommendation - "The Loved Ones"

Quirky low-budget horror (torture porn?) featuring an absolutely iconic psycho!

If you love horror (grimy, blood-soaked horror that makes your toes curl), this will scratch your itch! Oh, and the acting is top-notch!

free thoughtpolice

KiwiInOz wrote:

Fucking America.

Routinely.
I couldn't understand my wife's grandfather when I first met him, and she had to interpret. He was Lancastrian/Mancunian and spoke dialect. TBF, I don't think that he was advising me to keep my dick clean if I wanted to get it wet.
Hard to explain human behavior to people of your remoteness:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

"Hot" lefties - a twitter thread.

*Warning* Contains graphic images of left-wing scumbags, jizz-weasels and ANTIFA/BLM terrorists.

(The trolling is rife!)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hunt wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:48 am
Brive1987 wrote: htt..://twitter.com/sh_sigrid/status/1295425736849985536?s=21
It doesn't really matter that non of them are going to have any cartilage left in their knees by the time they're 40 because they're all going to be dead from Covid-30 before then.
When she is not stomping, Sigrid promises to learn other athletic skills ...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Brive1987 wrote:
When he pulled the trigger, a loud crack was heard.
Ouch!!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

mordacious1 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Ouch!!
Never mind that, he needs to get the butt placed firmly into the fleshy part of his shoulder.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Strangely, I think my Primos Triggersticks work better.

https://media.midwayusa.com/productimag ... 179659.jpg

Spent the morning watching videos of ex-chief rabbi of the UK, Lord Jonathan Sacks. Feeling strangely consoled by humorous common sense. As he says in one, "you don't have to believe in God, but you might like to benefit from the carefully honed wisdom of a three and a half thousand year tradition." There was no asterisk to lead to a footnote that said "honed by the best minds of a population whose median IQ is a standard deviation higher than yours." I know, when last tested, I was two further standard deviations ahead of that. But maybe he's ahead of the average Jew?
Amusingly, when I attended the 'Godless Institution of Gower Street' (founded in 1826 as the fourth oldest university in the UK after Oxford, Cambridge and Durham, and specifically founded as one that would accept students without a religious entrance test - Jews, Catholics and non-conformists welcome, as it said on the doormat, and afterwards at UCH or "Jew-CH," as all the Jewish students mockingly called it), I met Jewish people for the first time in my life - there were none in my rural west country village. That was my loss, and I soon had friends that I still converse with today, fifty years later. Since I couldn't choose between them, I arranged to have two Jewish best men when I married in 1980. But to go back to my point, my surname is a common one from the English midlands, especially the marshy parts of Shropshire. When Jews came to the UK with odd and unusual surnames, they underwent the same process that is better recorded in the USA. Anyone with the surname of 'Moses' acquired on entry the same surname I have, and consequently, it was assumed at UCH that I was Jewish! That was odd, but not unpleasant - maybe a kind of privilege, as the kids put it - as anti-semitism was unpopular in those days. Were I in a position to have to choose between the vapid opinions of the leaders of my native CofE, the exhortations of militant new-atheists (Hitch was absolutely a rabbi without knowing it for most of his life), and the clever and funny wisdom of actual rabbis, I would have a problem. As I said to my brother, when he underwent a middle-aged circumcision for a phimosis, "they threw away the wrong bit." He doesn't seem to have forgiven me for that after twenty years, and perhaps I'd feel the same. Foreskins are wonderful and useful. I may not be ready just yet.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote: OMG OMG this actually played at the DNC

They seriously felt this aligned with their brand and would propel them to power.

If America chooses the Democrats they deserve what’s coming.

OMG

" ! Video unavailable
This video is private."

Lol.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Women no longer allowed brilliant ideas:

Sainsbury’s removes ‘triggering’ Roald Dahl’s Matilda mug from sale

I don't know if it will be needed, but if you don't have it, the splendid extension Bypass Paywalls will let you read this article (with Firefox - yay!, and Chrome -boo!) and pretty much all other articles on any newspaper site. Essentially Sainsburys sell a mug with a quote from Roald Dahl's Matilda and an illustration from Quentin Blake. Just the sort of thing we read to our kids at bedtime (and they survived without nightmares). The quote was "A brilliant idea hit her" and the organiser of the only charity in the UK that specialises in domestic abuse, has demanded the mug be taken off shelves and that a "huge donation" ought to be made to his charity. He may have a conflict of interest there, and may also be a complete shitbag. Time may not be needed to tell, nor further research.

To further the interests of anti-fragility training, use of this mug must be made mandatory for all little girls, whom we acknowledge to need lots of "brilliant ideas" if they are to complete their STEM training.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Bhurzum wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Ouch!!
Never mind that, he needs to get the butt placed firmly into the fleshy part of his shoulder.
He should press his cheek onto the butt. The weapon, otoh, should be stored securely in the trunk of his vehicle.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

David Silverman live in a minute to talk about why he is considering voting Trump

free thoughtpolice

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

mordacious1 wrote: He should press his cheek onto the butt. The weapon, otoh, should be stored securely in the trunk of his vehicle.
It might also help if he kisses the butt. Y'know, for luck?

Also, give the ejection-opening a ruddy good fingering to make sure it's clear...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Also, check the gas tube.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: Also, check the gas tube.
You've always got to drag things down to gutter-level. Tsk...

However, on a serious note, the carbon build-up on gas-effected parts can lead to stoppages (the weapon becomes "choked" preventing full ejection/chambering as it cycles) and as such, they (gas parts) should be cleaned at every opportunity. We have a "lull in battle" drill which includes a quick "battle clean" of gas-parts. Over the years, soldiers discovered that carbon quickly breaks up when it comes into contact with spit/saliva - a far quicker method than breaking out the weapon cleaning kit. Oh, this is only really effective when the weapon/carbon is still hot/warm.

So yeah, he should be a man and lick the gas-tube, really get some spit into it and work it with his fingers.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:04 am
Strangely, I think my Primos Triggersticks work better.

https://media.midwayusa.com/productimag ... 179659.jpg

Spent the morning watching videos of ex-chief rabbi of the UK, Lord Jonathan Sacks. Feeling strangely consoled by humorous common sense. As he says in one, "you don't have to believe in God, but you might like to benefit from the carefully honed wisdom of a three and a half thousand year tradition." There was no asterisk to lead to a footnote that said "honed by the best minds of a population whose median IQ is a standard deviation higher than yours." I know, when last tested, I was two further standard deviations ahead of that. But maybe he's ahead of the average Jew?
Amusingly, when I attended the 'Godless Institution of Gower Street' (founded in 1826 as the fourth oldest university in the UK after Oxford, Cambridge and Durham, and specifically founded as one that would accept students without a religious entrance test - Jews, Catholics and non-conformists welcome, as it said on the doormat, and afterwards at UCH or "Jew-CH," as all the Jewish students mockingly called it), I met Jewish people for the first time in my life - there were none in my rural west country village. That was my loss, and I soon had friends that I still converse with today, fifty years later. Since I couldn't choose between them, I arranged to have two Jewish best men when I married in 1980. But to go back to my point, my surname is a common one from the English midlands, especially the marshy parts of Shropshire. When Jews came to the UK with odd and unusual surnames, they underwent the same process that is better recorded in the USA. Anyone with the surname of 'Moses' acquired on entry the same surname I have, and consequently, it was assumed at UCH that I was Jewish! That was odd, but not unpleasant - maybe a kind of privilege, as the kids put it - as anti-semitism was unpopular in those days. Were I in a position to have to choose between the vapid opinions of the leaders of my native CofE, the exhortations of militant new-atheists (Hitch was absolutely a rabbi without knowing it for most of his life), and the clever and funny wisdom of actual rabbis, I would have a problem. As I said to my brother, when he underwent a middle-aged circumcision for a phimosis, "they threw away the wrong bit." He doesn't seem to have forgiven me for that after twenty years, and perhaps I'd feel the same. Foreskins are wonderful and useful. I may not be ready just yet.
Jings - but you are a morose bugger when the rats aren't visiting.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Also, check the gas tube.
You've always got to drag things down to gutter-level. Tsk...

However, on a serious note, the carbon build-up on gas-effected parts can lead to stoppages (the weapon becomes "choked" preventing full ejection/chambering as it cycles) and as such, they (gas parts) should be cleaned at every opportunity. We have a "lull in battle" drill which includes a quick "battle clean" of gas-parts. Over the years, soldiers discovered that carbon quickly breaks up when it comes into contact with spit/saliva - a far quicker method than breaking out the weapon cleaning kit. Oh, this is only really effective when the weapon/carbon is still hot/warm.

So yeah, he should be a man and lick the gas-tube, really get some spit into it and work it with his fingers.
My high school buddy who went straight into the Marines was a font of humorous anecdotes. In boot camp they received a long didactic presentation on the proper way to clean their M-16s -- approved solvents and lubes only, never ever use water; only use issued tools, fresh patches, etc. That gun is worth more to the Marine Corps than you worthless shits, so treat it better than your mother yada yada. Next morning they're given five minutes to strip, clean, then reassemble their rifles and present on the parade field. Large buckets of water are set on the floor. So they all just drop handfuls of M-16 pieces into the buckets, give it a swirl, dump it onto the bunk, and scrub away with toothbrushes, BVDs, toilet paper, whatever, jam the parts together, then scramble out. Sgt. walks down the line peering into barrels. Guy standing next to my buddy gets busted back two weeks cuz there's a drip-drip-drip from his muzzle.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Somebone tweeted Michael Malice-- 'What would it take for you to read Kamala Harris's campaign autobiography?'

Malice replied, "A grand." Then someone sent him $1,000.

Here's a little sample of what Kamala thinks her supporters will believe...

https://youtu.be/GmzCqzL8a74?t=412

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

There’s nothing worse than having a drip-drip-drip from your muzzle. I hear there’s antibiotics for that though.