You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Service Dog

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I've had vertigo all day -- I was told it may due to the high CO2 content of the air and shallow breathing due to the air smelling like an ashtray.
Tangerine trees and marmalade skies

somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly

rocking horse people head in the clouds

yellow and green Towering over your head

coming to take you away

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote: Some mad bugger has uploaded this classic #BLM movie to YT - catch it whilst you can!

You'll have to wait till the end to get the song performance.

As musicals go - I feel like they are not even trying.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: Manga Uber Alles...and all that.
I'll just dump this here:

<...Madness excised...>

(highly recommended "gateway" to the world of manga)
Lovecraft his is own damned animal - or perhaps entity from an entirely different kingdom (though still a fun-guy).

I recently re-read 'Jonah Hex: Riders of the Worm and Such' a classic comic of the weird western genre - by Joe R Lansdale & Tim Truman. Their own take on 'The Phantom Empire' - including singing cowboys, lost underground civilisations (Mu!), and degenerate albinos. The Winter brothers didn't appreciate it much - but I enjoyed it.

Despite Andy Warhol's (and other PoMo advocates) - I think that most people still draw a line between high and low culture. Perhaps viewing the low stuff as tea leaves, useful in reading the direction of society, but not to be enjoyed for it's own sake. So whatever the theoretical support for such things as 'Comicsgate' fans really have no skin in the game - and to be honest never really did, besides voting with their dollar.

Oh well, my stream of consciousness just ran out of steam... I can only hope that I now know what I think having written this out - and perhaps also to prod Service Dog into generating one of his transformative mashups - like the one he did linking early 60s Marvel comics to his own experience of New York City.

...Dot's all...until next time...

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

MarcusAu wrote: As musicals go - I feel like they are not even trying.
Here it is again if anyone missed it.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

When I was a late-80's X-men/Marvel fanatic, my little brother gravitated to less-obvious DC stuff: Jonah Hex, The Unknown Soldier, Blue Devil, Ambush Bug, The Question. These days, I think there's more pungent Jungian loam in DC. This year, before sleeping I often watch an episode of Batman The Animated Series-- quite dreamlike. Or Justice League Unlimited-- which messes with my subconscious because I'm familiar with the DC lore only through mostly-forgotten childhood osmosis. What do I know about Hawkgirl?... nothing. But also, it turns out, more than I realized I knew.

(So far my favorite thing about Justice League Unlimited is The Question-- I love that his bedroom on a spacestation is a mess-- and he corrects a fellow superhero who says Question believes in 'conspiracy theories'... for using the plural. JFK, Loch Ness, the proliferation of corporate coffeeshops: It's all one big Conspiracy! https://www12.fmovies.to/film/justice-l ... 5x/kw6k9rw )

In junior high I tried to start a superhero comic book company with my two best friends. The fat one specialized in writing, and was productive. The gay one specialized in drawing, and drew superhero graphic novels, as an adult. I tried to do everything-- but wasn't dilligent-- and was mostly all talk and hype and big ideas. Like Stan Lee, I was either worthless, or else I was the glue holding it together thru 10th grade, when I moved-away.

Making-up our own superheroes, pro-wrestlers, alien races, D&D characters-- was obviously a precursor to focusing our self-development into adulthood. That has been on my mind a fair-bit, over the last month. I looked online at the old Marvel Superheroes RPG (the FASERIP game), which had an imagination-inspiring character generator system, for the time. These days, there are free online avatar creation tools-- for videogame and rpg characters. The drag & drop equivalent of putting heroic clothes on paper dolls. I messed around with one-- and my current adult mentality created only a mannequin version of what I actually look like-- down to the Crocs-- holding an 8-foot slave whip! :lol: Take that, Kunta Kinte!

One reason my brain is fixated on this stuff: A friend of mine-- barely 30-- runs a Manhattan art gallery specializing in (what Juxtapoz Magazine deemed) 'Lowbrow Art'. Originally that meant J.R. Williams kitschy hotrod pinup-girl paintings and graffiti murals and R. Crumb... but it has evolved to mean figurative, sexy, dreamy, pop-culture insipired, obviously-beautiful, high-in-craftsmanship art from kids who went to art school-- but didn't take the conceptual route. Stuff like expensive tattoos.

My gallery-operator friend also does graffiti, and typography, and 8 years as a local pro-wrestler, and has his own little fashion label of dapper fancylad pocket squares and t-shirts. In 2021 he's launching his own local pro-wrestling promotion... and I've been brainstorming. Wanting to contribute to the storyline. My best idea is probably a badguy faction called 'The Disease' (self-explanatory, right?). My friend found a local latino guy up in the Bronx who is a Christian and is finding success wrestling as a Christian goodguy. My friend groans at that-- and asked if he'd be willing to be a corrupt secret-badguy Christian. I think it's more interesting-- these days-- to play it straight. Let him sincerely try to fight the End Times with his religion.

The last new comicbook I purchased was Ya Boi Zach's first 'Jawbreakers' crowdfunded graphic novel. Not terrible, not great. The last old comic I purchased was a compilation of Immortal Iron Fist... which was as-good as I remembered.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

In other peter-pan/little-rascals/treehouse-lifestyle news-- I jigsawed a body out of thin plywood, to go with a child-size guitar neck. First used a credit card in a binder clip for a floating bridge & saddle. Then made it a resonator with a couple cookie-tin lids. A japanese tattoo artist decorated it with Sharpie (while we ate sashimi made from sea bass he caught on a boat-trip off Brooklyn, & listened to a jap reggae dj). Yesterday, I attached a stethoscope to the body, to hear undertones better. That experiment needs refining. A lightweight disposable plastic stethoscope would work better than the metal one. And the initial 'pop' of a string is painful, before hearing the nice sustain.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Bhurzum wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:17 am
Some mad bugger has uploaded this classic #BLM movie to YT - catch it whilst you can!

Incidents like Isandlwana are not unheard of in British Military History and they really get me hot under the collar for some reason. The pompous, arrogant upper class twit who killed his men at Isandlwana is almost up there with that silly twat who marched his men up the Khyber Pass to give the fuzzys target practice. He decided to show the tactical manual who was boss and expanded his perimeter way beyond where it should have been, over strong objections, and when the zulus used the unexpected tactic of running at them, probably high on halucinogens, the line was too dispersed to hold. I forget whether he was killed or not, but I hope he died horribly. The ultimate fucker-upper was lord Chelmsford who split his force but he was never held to account because Queen Victoria liked him.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

By 1879, the French had upgraded the Chassepot, while the Germans had moved onto a repeating Mauser. Had you poor bastards some Henry's instead of the crap, single-action Martini-Henri with defective ammo, Isandlwana would've been a quail shoot.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

New York Times attempts to show racial discrepancies

among the wealthy & powerful

fails to control for age...

thus proving only that rich powerful whites in their 60's are richer & more-powerful than rich powerful non-whites in their 20's.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Using the NYTimes methodology, I have determined that the US is deeply anti-immigrant.

Look at a 3rd generation Cuban family, who came here in the 1960's. Versus a Cuban family who swam-across last week.

Massive anti-immigrant wealth disparity between those families! Proof of American Racism and Xenophobia!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

First steps taken towards interplanetary war...

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

It appears that scientists are part of the deep state plot to overthrow Trump.
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/5 ... rump-tells
The career scientists "haven’t gotten out of their sweatpants except for meetings at coffee shops” to plot “how they’re going to attack Donald Trump,” Caputo said, according to the Times. “There are scientists who work for this government who do not want America to get well, not until after Joe Biden is president.”
Caputo also advises people to prepare for armed insurrection.
According to the Times, Caputo also warned Trump's followers to be prepared for an armed insurrection, predicting the president would win but that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden would refuse to concede the election.

"When Donald Trump refuses to stand down at the inauguration, the shooting will begin,” Caputo said. “If you carry guns, buy ammunition, ladies and gentlemen, because it’s going to be hard to get.”

Keating

Post by Keating »

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Excellent article referenced in the comments at WEIT:

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news ... el-culture
The younger academic generation is in no mood to argue about social reality; it is in the mood to assert morality. While the assertion “it is all about power” was meant to induce radical skepticism, a new generation has turned it into a moral certainty. And while the appeal to subjectivism—tell your story—as an attack on objectivity was meant to bring other experiences into the discussion, subjectivism has now become the be-all for a new generation which has adopted its own distinctive form of argument in which grievance is mixed with aggression and narcissism.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote:
I’ve been watching this riot footage out of the liberal heartlands.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

This girl is an amazingly talented drummer/musician and Dave Grohl even wrote a song about her -

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

On the subject of 'Zulu' - I read that that the daughters of Private Hook walked out of the premier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zulu_(196 ... #Reception

Obviously they thought that history was not just a lot of things that happened in the past, but also something you live with in the current day. That is, if you consider 1964 to be the current day. Which by all accounts was the consensus opinion at the time (notwithstanding Phillip K Dick).

Anyway I have things to do in the morning - can someone wake me up at 8am?

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

I was not aware that there is a longer version of the famous "P Barnes" video:

I'm not a person. I'm a man.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Ah, Zulu. A mostly peaceful movie.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: By 1879, the French had upgraded the Chassepot, while the Germans had moved onto a repeating Mauser. Had you poor bastards some Henry's instead of the crap, single-action Martini-Henri with defective ammo, Isandlwana would've been a quail shoot.
Technically, not single-action, as the firing pin is cocked by the closing of the breech block; I believe you meant to say single shot.
Mind you, if the Lee-Metford was already in general service in 1879, there would still have been a problem at Isandlwhana as long as Maester Aemon* was in charge of frugally handing out the ammo, which he didn't like to see being wasted on such poor excuses as fuzzy wuzzies.

*you'll figure it out.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

MarcusAu wrote: First steps taken towards interplanetary war...

I'm looking forward to our war with Venus.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

You heard it here first.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

screwtape wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: By 1879, the French had upgraded the Chassepot, while the Germans had moved onto a repeating Mauser. Had you poor bastards some Henry's instead of the crap, single-action Martini-Henri with defective ammo, Isandlwana would've been a quail shoot.
Technically, not single-action, as the firing pin is cocked by the closing of the breech block; I believe you meant to say single shot.
Mind you, if the Lee-Metford was already in general service in 1879, there would still have been a problem at Isandlwhana as long as Maester Aemon* was in charge of frugally handing out the ammo, which he didn't like to see being wasted on such poor excuses as fuzzy wuzzies.

*you'll figure it out.
Q Store Jewishness is apparently blood libel.

This is the book to read.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating

Post by Keating »

Life on Venus? What's the bet it's just a yeast infection?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

NYTimes reports many cameraphones are unable to photograph wildfire sky colors, as devices are programmed to depict all skies as lush blue.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: Technically, not single-action, as the firing pin is cocked by the closing of the breech block; I believe you meant to say single shot.

*you'll figure it out.
Single shot, lever-action? You're the ancient arms expert -- you've probably built one of these from scratch.

But you caught my drift. Yeah, the pervasive, classist mindset that only the CO's steady hand -- and mechanical limitations -- could prevent the cretins from wasting ammo.

John D

Post by John D »

My wife and I watched that disgusting and controversial film "Cuties" last night. Yawn.

A bunch of little girls dancing like they are big assed black girls on a music video. Yawn.

The main character is a Muslim girl in a traditional family and rebels by joining a bunch of misbehaved twerking girls. In the end she comes to a realization that she needs to "be a child" as evidenced by an artsy ending scene. Yawn.

One bare breast is flashed by a dancer who could be young... but it is impossible to tell. This is as racy as it gets unless you think 11 year olds twerk dancing is some new sexual revolution.

Really... the right is still just a stupid as always. All that is happening is the Netflix is getting free advertisement. Well played Netflix.... well played.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
screwtape wrote: Technically, not single-action, as the firing pin is cocked by the closing of the breech block; I believe you meant to say single shot.

*you'll figure it out.
Single shot, lever-action? You're the ancient arms expert -- you've probably built one of these from scratch.

But you caught my drift. Yeah, the pervasive, classist mindset that only the CO's steady hand -- and mechanical limitations -- could prevent the cretins from wasting ammo.
Not me, but my father was prone to basement gunsmithery of dubious legality. Ever since he read Roberts and discovered how to cut rifling like a mountain man.
Brive seems to have proved that the parsimony of QSM Bloomfield in Zulu Dawn was a nasty calumny, one produced by Hollywood, but I expect the War Office would have wished they had thought of it first. Always nice to have someone convenient to blame for a disaster. One that was, perhaps, the only actual example of so-called 'systemic racism' that has ever existed. "They're savages, old boy, they don't stand a chance, don't you know?"

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

screwtape wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:09 am
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

*you'll figure it out.

Not me, but my father was prone to basement gunsmithery of dubious legality. Ever since he read Roberts and discovered how to cut rifling like a mountain man.
Brive seems to have proved that the parsimony of QSM Bloomfield in Zulu Dawn was a nasty calumny, one produced by Hollywood, but I expect the War Office would have wished they had thought of it first. Always nice to have someone convenient to blame for a disaster. One that was, perhaps, the only actual example of so-called 'systemic racism' that has ever existed. "They're savages, old boy, they don't stand a chance, don't you know?"
That was then, this is now?
Kalashnikov Concern’s New MP-155 ULTIMA Smart Shotgun
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/20 ... t-shotgun

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp- ... 0x272.jpeg

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp- ... tgun-7.png

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

:clap:

Absolutely beautiful!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

At a NYC public school near me, a cluster of mostly-or-all-non-white teachers in BLM t-shirts are having a sit-in protest

against their Covid-19 working conditions.

The protest is called #RedforEd and is supposed to involve wearing red for the cause, but these people are not wearing red.

Their sign also says "We are dressed in black for Black Lives Matter". They are are wearing black.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Service Dog wrote: NYTimes reports many cameraphones are unable to photograph wildfire sky colors, as devices are programmed to depict all skies as lush blue.
Eh, consumer phones tend to have a default white balance that assumes a typical, sunny outdoor environment. Get an app that lets you readjust the white balance and you're golden.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: My wife and I watched that disgusting and controversial film "Cuties" last night. Yawn.

Really... the right is still just a stupid as always.

I think the right has a legitimate grievance: both the left & right brandish the moral prude badge, claiming to be the rightful bearer.

In this 'Cuties' case, the left is being inconsistent about their concern for vulnerable females, carving-out an 'it's ok when we do it' exception.

Which infuriates the right, as it should.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

screwtape wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

*you'll figure it out.

I suspect Singapore 1942 could also fall into that camp. Less feathers and more bananas though.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

:doh:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote:

:doh:

On the previous page I posted a link to a blog-- which made the case that Covid-19 was manmade in Wuhan.
The 'manmade in Wuhan' hypothesis is the reason Trump defunded EcoHealth's collaboration with the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
Ecohealth is also a defense contractor, in its contracts with the NSA. The 'Trump gutted the NSA' editorials were from Ecohealth-affiliated figures, not disinterested observers.

A commenter at the blog claimed the journal Nature is also too deeply interconnected with EcoHealth, for Nature's editorial scoffing at Ecohealth/Wuhan/manmade to be accepted as unbiased. Scientific American is another subsidiary of the same parent-company as Nature.

Scientific American's endorsement of Biden reads as-if there's a clear scientific consensus that Trump's defunding of Ecohealth/Wuhan was purely political, not scientific. However-- the head of the NIH supported the defunding. So the view expressed by Scientific American is a matter of opinion-- among a divided scientific community. But not unanimous. So who is 'playing politics with science', Scientific American?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

tongue bath

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Fortunately herd mentality is going to sort out the covid thing that Trump upped biggly.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Scientific American, Vox, CNN... their articles about how Trump is to blame for Covid deaths-- all say Trump 'undermined' the fight against Covid, by defunding the NSA/EcoHealth/Wuhan Institute of VIrology collaboration.

This Chinese researcher says the virus was a manmade 'frankenstein' created by the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

Isn't 'undermining' the Wuhan virus creators a good thing?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Service Dog wrote: Scientific American, Vox, CNN... their articles about how Trump is to blame for Covid deaths-- all say Trump 'undermined' the fight against Covid, by defunding the NSA/EcoHealth/Wuhan Institute of VIrology collaboration.

This Chinese researcher says the virus was a manmade 'frankenstein' created by the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

.ttps://youtu.be/qFlqXPl_hZQ
Right from the start it looked like a safe bet to me that the Wuhan virus was released from the nearby lab.

I am dubious about the claim that the release was deliberate though.

(Change my mind)?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Right from the start it looked like a safe bet to me that the Wuhan virus was released from the nearby lab.

(Change my mind)?
Not me - I agree completely. If, as some sources say, this is a bat virus with the spikes of a pangolin coronavirus, it seems very likely it was altered in the lab before it escaped.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

screwtape wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

(Change my mind)?
Not me - I agree completely. If, as some sources say, this is a bat virus with the spikes of a pangolin coronavirus, it seems very likely it was altered in the lab before it escaped.
It could be that they were doing the usual things you do with a virus and it escaped accidentally. This is a long discussion about that scenario:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Biden wins the latino vote and the youth vote, in a double-play!

Fact-checkers swarm Trump's tweet

I think the C-Span version should have the same 'manipulated media' tag as Trump's version.

At 0:42seconds and 0:46seconds-- C-Span twice cropped the video, reducing the actual amount of cringe-time.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote: (So far my favorite thing about Justice League Unlimited is The Question-- I love that his bedroom on a spacestation is a mess-- and he corrects a fellow superhero who says Question believes in 'conspiracy theories'... for using the plural. JFK, Loch Ness, the proliferation of corporate coffeeshops: It's all one big Conspiracy! https://www12.fmovies.to/film/justice-l ... 5x/kw6k9rw )
...not to mention Boy Bands....

The Question - the guy you go to when Batman is not paranoid enough for you. I'm not sure that the characterisation is really true to the original intent of Ditko - but the animation is certainly given a shot of life (so to speak) by the vocal talents of Jeffrey Combs.

Of course there are some that view The Question as a prototype for Ditko's latter creation - Mr A. Who I've only really heard about in story fragments and songs.

Speaking of which - this one goes out to all the Objectivists and Libitarians in the audience:

(with apologies to Sister Ray).

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

wow. great song.

A decade ago, a couple times I picked-up some of Ditko's self-published (hand xeroxed & stapled) stuff at a comic shop near his office in midtown.

Full page rants in text, slightly-schizophrenic full-page editorial-cartoons, appearances by Mr. A. Not so different from Rorshach's Journal. I remember a long essay in response to a Marvel editor saying it was necessary to 'break the toys' in order to keep Marvel characters fresh year after year. Ditko read-into that an infantile/tyrant mentality, a collectivist's inability create/ only able to destroy the creations of mighty Randian creators, etc.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Minneapolis city council votes to abolish it's police force, strips it of funds in the interim, now whines that crime is soaring and the cops are nowhere to be found:

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/09/1 ... the-police

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wrote: Scientific American, Vox, CNN... their articles about how Trump is to blame for Covid deaths-- all say Trump 'undermined' the fight against Covid, by defunding the NSA/EcoHealth/Wuhan Institute of VIrology collaboration.

A team of scientists organized by Steve Bannon?
https://www.techtimes.com/articles/2525 ... cation.htm

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Minneapolis city council votes to abolish it's police force, strips it of funds in the interim, now whines that crime is soaring and the cops are nowhere to be found:

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/09/1 ... the-police
The clearly need to consult with AOC. She already told us what it looks like when you defund the police:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: A team of scientists organized by Steve Bannon?
https://www.techtimes.com/articles/2525 ... cation.htm
ScamAdvisor rates your TechTimes "Fact Check" source with a trust score of 10% (Very Poor/ High Risk)

https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/techtimes.com

GlassDoor reviews:
September 27, 2017
Helpful (1)

Tech Time Logo

"New York Storefront for Overseas Operation" CHY-NA?!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
Doesn't Recommend
Neutral Outlook
I worked at Tech Time full-time

Pros

If you're okay with little or no information about the management/mission of the company you work for, this is not a terrible place to get your foot in the door of tech publishing.
February 24, 2019
Helpful (1)
Tech Time Logo
"Avoid Tech Times at all cost!"
Former Employee - Reporter
Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
Disapproves of CEO
I worked at Tech Time full-time for less than a year

Pros

Reporters are given the opportunity to expand their portfolios and are encouraged to get quotes to add stories. I was successful in getting quotes from several major organizations in the technology and science worlds.

Cons

There are a lot of downsides working with Tech Times: 1) While it is based in New York City, management favors its overseas reporters and editors. 2) You have to write 5 "400 words or more" articles per day and 3 on the weekend. 3) Management will leave employees in dark. 4) No strong leadership.
Feb 24, 2019 - If you're serious about tech journalism, you won't wont to stay long as TT has little industry credibility and pays less than reputable tech pubs.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Other recent TechTimes articles by the author of free_thoughtpolice's "fact check"
'Pokemon GO' Legendary Boss Raid Guide: How to Defeat Cresselia (Counters & Weaknesses)
11 September 2020, 7:52 am EDT By Nhx T. Tech Times
After Heatran, a new Pokemon is featured in the five-star Legendary Boss Raids on Pokemon GO until Friday, Sept. 18, at 1:00 p.m., but before you can add Cresselia to your Pokedex, you have to defeat it first and catch it, and here's how you can do that.

Cresselia is a Lunar Pokemon, and its moveset will most likely be psychic-type abilities, especially as the Pokemon itself is a pure Psychic-type monster.
Are Ghosts Real? Here's What Science Has To Say About It
2 September 2020, 6:00 pm EDT By Nhx T. Tech Times
Ghosts. They're the content of almost every horror show and novel ever created, ranging from lost souls who did not know they were dead or did not know how to cross over to the next life. Or they could be vengeful spirits of those who have died a horrible death and wishes for justice.

are ghosts real
(Photo : Pixabay)
According to a poll, more than 40% of American believe in ghosts.
Do You Believe in Ghosts?
There are tons of stories about them, with many saying they have seen or felt ghosts. But until now, the debate is still going on: are ghosts real?

In a poll by LiveScience, the result shows that 43% of Americans believe that ghosts exist.

Perhaps one of the "proofs" that ghosts exist in real life is the numerous photos of these spirits caught on camera.

In a BBC report, one example was a 12-year-old girl's photo taken from an iPhone. Based on the report, the image was captured in February 2015 at the Hampton Court Palace in London, showing a photo of the girl's cousin and a figure of a tall, grey, and cloaked lady that apparently was not present when the photo was taken.
https://www.techtimes.com/articles/2522 ... out-it.htm
Did TikTok's Witches Hex the Moon? WitchTok Community is Not Happy
20 July 2020, 7:00 am EDT By Nhx T. Tech Times
Despite the controversy that TikTok is facing, the online community for this social media platform is growing. Among them is the WitchTok community, short for Witches of TikTok, and yes, their videos focus on witchcraft, spells, worshipping various deities, and manifestations.

However, according to CNET, new or "baby" witches on the platform have banded together to try and hex the moon.

New WitchTok Members Have Apparently Hexed the Moon
Based on the report, the rest of the WitchTok community took to other social media platforms, mainly Twitter, to explain what has happened to those who aren't familiar with their ways and voice out their frustrations.

As it turns out, the bulk of the community isn't happy with the newbies.

Twitter user @heyyadoraa created a thread on Twitter to document what has happened and has made a note that baby witches are new and inexperienced in witchcraft and should only be "researching and doing protection work."

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hot enough to boil a monkey's bum, your Majesty!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... -die-there

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wtites:
ScamAdvisor rates your TechTimes "Fact Check" source with a trust score of 10% (Very Poor/ High Risk)
Scamalert is generated by complaints that allege the site is there to steal your money. They got a complaint by someone alleging they printed their work without paying. The trust score isn't about evaluating the veracity of printed content/ journalism, it is about whether they have recieved complaints about doing business with them.
If you don't trust that source, there are various sources saying the same thing.
https://www.newsweek.com/twitter-suspen ... 19-1532193

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: The trust score isn't about evaluating the veracity of printed content/ journalism, it is about whether they have recieved complaints about doing business with them.
Are Ghosts Real? Here's What Science Has To Say About It

Ghosts. They're the content of almost every horror show and novel ever created, ranging from lost souls who did not know they were dead or did not know how to cross over to the next life. Or they could be vengeful spirits of those who have died a horrible death and wishes for justice.

According to a poll, more than 40% of American believe in ghosts.

Do You Believe in Ghosts?

There are tons of stories about them, with many saying they have seen or felt ghosts. But until now, the debate is still going on: are ghosts real?

In a poll by LiveScience, the result shows that 43% of Americans believe that ghosts exist.

Perhaps one of the "proofs" that ghosts exist in real life is the numerous photos of these spirits caught on camera.

In a BBC report, one example was a 12-year-old girl's photo taken from an iPhone. Based on the report, the image was captured in February 2015 at the Hampton Court Palace in London, showing a photo of the girl's cousin and a figure of a tall, grey, and cloaked lady that apparently was not present when the photo was taken.

Countless "Images" of the Dead

Before the image was taken, numerous images have been taken that were seemingly capturing the unseen, even before cameras were accessible to everyone.

For example, the infamous photo of Mary Todd Lincoln is apparently photobombed by the "ghost" of her husband, the former U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, which was taken by American amateur photographer William Mumler.

Mumler became quite famous for his knack of capturing ghostly apparitions.

Now, this was taken during the early days of camera technology in the 19th century. Nevertheless, you also have to remember that this was the time when photographers were experimenting with new effects and that soon enough, they knew it could be of profit.

Apparently, Mumler was using the double exposure technique, allowing him to "take photos" of his dead relatives and of old Abe.

Among the first ones to investigate these spirits in photos was an English priest and medium named William Stainton Moses.

"By 1875, he had examined over 600 alleged spirit photographs. His view was that there were probably no more than a dozen that might pass muster as something [supernatural]," Alan Murdie said, the chairman of Ghost Club, which is believed to be the first paranormal investigation and research group in the world that was founded in 1862.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://saveinjuredkids.org/wp-content/ ... 62x147.jpg

HOME FEATURE FEATURE | SCIENCE
Paranormal Researcher May Have Found Time Warp Outside Las Vegas

2 July 2018, 8:04 am EDT By Allan Adamson Tech Times

A paranormal researcher thinks he could be the first person to ever discover a time warp, claiming he found one on the outskirts of Las Vegas.

Time Observed To Slow Down For 20 Microseconds

Joshua Warren, who starred in Travel Channel's Paranormal Paparazzi, claims that he has been measuring the rate of time all over Southern Nevada, which include the areas between the City of Lights and Area 51.

Last week, he said that he found a spot in the desert just north of the city where he claims to have watched time slow down for 20 microseconds.

By using what is called a differential time rate meter, or DT meter, Warren said that he was able to record a measurement that showed time had been slowing down in that particular spot on June 18.

The DT meter, which was invented by Silicon Valley engineer Ron Heath, is connected to a 100-foot cable with a sensor that transmits signal. Warren said that this signal is supposed to travel at the same rate of time at any particular place.

This could only change if a black hole approached Earth, or a similar phenomenon occurred, which is not supposed to happen. Warren said that his observation should not occur as it defies the law of physics.

"That shouldn't happen unless there is some kind of unknown technology being tested nearby that would influence the environment, or if there are naturally places around planet earth that actually sort of flicker once in a while, that warp a little bit," Warren said.

It isn't clear what is behind the phenomenon. Warren said that he plans to continue conducting investigations around Nevada. He said that he hopes to identify what is behind the anomaly, which could be a gateway to another world, a byproduct of some technology, or something extraterrestrial.

Time Warp

Time warps are often a feature of science fiction, usually used in portrayals of rapid journeys in space, or through time that allows people and objects to time travel.

The concept of time travel has long fascinated the world's most brilliant minds. Albert Einstein and Carl Sagan sought the existence of wormholes that could serve as shortcuts in space that can facilitate travel through different time periods.

Stephen Hawking also conducted an experiment to see if time travel is possible. In 2009, he hosted a party for time travelers but nobody showed up.

Back to the Future-like scenarios remain a product of the imagination.

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/2315 ... -vegas.htm

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Poltergeist Caught On Cam: Woman Being Haunted By Ghost Of Dead Brother? [Video]
19 March 2015, 8:29 am EDT By Jan Dizon Tech Times
The unknown and supernatural are always topics that spark a great debate between skeptics and hardcore believers but no one really wants to be in the center of such a hair-raising occurrence.

One woman from Blackpool, England has been living a life straight out of a movie plot from Paranormal Activity with mysterious movements and events happening in her home.

A 33-year old and mother of four, Donna Ayres originally from Burnley, Lancashire is being regularly visited by a spirit she believes to be her dead brother. The reunion would have been pleasant except these visits are more of hauntings.
https://www.techtimes.com/articles/4072 ... -video.htm

UFO Sighting Over Hawaii Triggers investigation Of Possible Hidden Alien Base
3 November 2016, 8:08 am EDT By Livia Rusu Tech Times
There have been recent claims that aliens have a secret base on Earth, reported after seeing a supposedly "classic 1950s B Movie style flying saucer" hovering over a mountain in Waikane, Hawaii. Paranormal investigators are currently probing the image that was submitted as proof of the phenomenon, and the Mutual UFO Network is currently handling the case.

The image was taken by an anonymous photographer on Oct. 23, and then it was sent to the U.S.-based organization, which is also the largest worldwide when it comes to the investigation of paranormal phenomena, including UFOs and aliens possibly visiting the Earth.
https://www.techtimes.com/articles/1845 ... n-base.htm

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Nisswa Minnesota-- home of the mayor who confronted the cops on the highway & got arrested...

has another City Council meeting, currently in progress. Opens with an irate citizen accusing police chief of extra-marital affairs, city council of disobeying their own covid mask law, claims he got into knife fights to protect the cops, all kinds of zany shit...