You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
KiwiInOz

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by KiwiInOz »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:08 am
It’s amazing how little nutrient-dense food is required to blow 7-8K kJ away.
And excess energy is of course the basis for weight gain.

MyFitness Pal brought a new level of understanding around my consumption patterns and was a key resource for establishing new eating habits.
Not to mention also putting cheese and nuts into purgatory.

Re carb counting. If you don’t eat any, they are easy to count. ;)
Luckily weight gain is not the greatest concern for me. I'm more interested in energy levels, fitness and mental acuity which are not going to depend on the odd kilogram or two.
Same. Mental acuity is my concern. I've been finding lately that I've been replacing a key word in a sentence with a word that I've either just seen, e.g. on a sign, or that I had previously been thinking about. E.g. went into a shop and started talked to the assistant about Colorado shorts instead of Connor shorts. I'd driven in my Holden Colorado to the shops. It's a tad concerning because it is happening more frequently. Hopefully its just tiredness and stress rather than my marbles disappearing.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote: Same. Mental acuity is my concern. I've been finding lately that I've been replacing a key word in a sentence with a word that I've either just seen, e.g. on a sign, or that I had previously been thinking about. E.g. went into a shop and started talked to the assistant about Colorado shorts instead of Connor shorts. I'd driven in my Holden Colorado to the shops. It's a tad concerning because it is happening more frequently. Hopefully its just tiredness and stress rather than my marbles disappearing.
Heh. I've been suffering from that for years.

Typical example:

Barmaid: Hello, what can I get you to drink?

Me: Hi, I'll have a pint of get your tits out, please.

Barmaid: EXCUSE ME?

Me: Shit! Sorry, I meant a pint of can I eat your ass? minge! I mean box! Fuck!

:bjarte:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:03 pm
KiwiInOz wrote: Same. Mental acuity is my concern. I've been finding lately that I've been replacing a key word in a sentence with a word that I've either just seen, e.g. on a sign, or that I had previously been thinking about. E.g. went into a shop and started talked to the assistant about Colorado shorts instead of Connor shorts. I'd driven in my Holden Colorado to the shops. It's a tad concerning because it is happening more frequently. Hopefully its just tiredness and stress rather than my marbles disappearing.

Typical example:

I always knew that your empathy came from a place of lived experience.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote:

Typical example:

Tickle your botty?

You seem to be getting a bit close to doxxing yourself...

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:09 am
screwtape wrote: Now I think about it, those glasses should be issued to Trump's election scrutineers so they make look into the hearts and ballots of the millions of dead Venezuelans who voted, or whatever Giuliani is claiming.
Well, you're sporting those nevertrump blinkers which allow one to ignore the mountain of evidence that massive, widespread, coordinated election fraud took place.

i.e., the Detroit ballot counting center was a cesspool of violations:
https://roar-assets-auto.rbl.ms/documen ... essed).pdf

An audit of ballots in Milwaukee, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Atlanta is in order, not the pointless recount of tainted naked ballots as was just completed in GA. In each of those four cities in swing states, and only in those four:
- Vote count reporting stopped at the same time -- midnight -- after the rest of their respective states had submitted their counts, giving trump commanding leads;
- Starting around 3 a.m., hundreds of thousands of ballots suddenly appeared of unknown provenance, in open boxes, suitcases, and even garbage cans;
- Biden won in these ballot blocks by up to 97% to 3%. In at least one tranche of 23,000, every single ballot was for biden;
- 450,000 of thousands of these macigal mystery miracle morning ballots had but one vote cast on them, for biden. No down-ballot votes;
- The sudden influx of these ballots pushed voter turnout to improbable and historically unheard of levels;
- In each state, these dumps of ballots were just enough to put biden over the top.

I'm not sure what trump attorney Sidney Powell is after with this Dominion Software thing. Either she's uncovered the greatest conspiracy in US history, is merely attempting to taint Biden's ascension, or has fallen for a big, fat red herring, a la obama's birth certificate.
There are constitutional reasons why hundreds of thousands of ballots, at least, should be thrown out. Those are just the ballots where the safeguards were known to be missing and there are doubtless millions of other cases where the insecure ballot is no longer identifiable. Mail in balloting just is insecure without the necessary safeguards. Regardless of all of the other allegations the fact that the only real safeguards against mail ballot fraud were thrown out of the window in some states is a huge issue. Let us ignore for the moment that before the election the Democrats mobilised an army of lawyers trying to get these safeguards dropped while using those very safeguards as proof that mail balloting was secure. Can't think what they were up to. It's a mystery . This should not be controversial, the integrity of the election is tainted.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

To save our sanity, go look in the recipes thread and see what I made for brunch today. Guaranteed to make all right with the world.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote: To save our sanity, go look in the recipes thread and see what I made for brunch today. Guaranteed to make all right with the world.
Who's eating better - you or the vixen?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Wisconsin makes Trump pay for the cost of a recount. This is what his money buys...
https://media.thedonald.win/post/IG71xRSp.jpeg

Which-- in my mind-- dovetails into this episode of the Free Man Behind The Wall podcast.
https://youtu.be/xAGPeVxEYEk

The guest (Curtis Yarvin aka 'Mencius Moldbug') and the host (Pete Quinones aka 'Mance Rayder') are both capable of blowing-minds, but also capable of sneering down on the folly of normies-- while huffing jars of their own farts.

The content of this episode is good mind-blowing stuff. But I wonder if the presentation is fart gas. Maybe the only-reason I have any idea what they're saying-- is I've collected enough puzzle pieces-- from their other podcasts.

So-- I'll try to TLDR the good stuff:

Yarvin sez a 'sovereign' ruler is the person with the power to override The Rules (written and unwritten).

Trump advertised himself as-if he would exercise rule-breaking sovereignty: 'Drain the swamp', 'Build a wall', 'Bring Back Jobs', 'Make America Great Again'. Trump did upset the business-as-usual applecart, just by winning his party's nomination & getting elected & pissing on the status-quo news media consensus. But Trump was also too willing to appoint swamp creatures to key posts-- and allow business-as-usual to continue in The Swamp. When Trump declared 'off with their heads' the Deep State did not comply. And Trump reacted to their non-compliance with restrained dueling. Not a dramatic internal purge.

Yarvin quotes someone saying "my least-favorite German generals are the ones who march and battle all the way to the Rubicon-- and then just go-fishing in it". That's what Trump mostly did.
Did You Know?
In 49 B.C., Julius Caesar led his army to the banks of the Rubicon, a small river that marked the boundary between Italy and Gaul. Caesar knew Roman law forbade a general from leading his army out of the province to which he was assigned. By crossing the Rubicon, he would violate that law. "The die is cast," he said, wading in. That act of defiance sparked a three-year civil war that ultimately left Julius Caesar the undisputed ruler of the Roman world. -Merriam Webster dictionary
The thing-about exercising Sovereignty-- is the more you do it-- the more you'll have to keep doing it. When you cross the Rubicon-- you discover that's just the first Rubicon. It will be for naught unless you cross the next and the next and the next.

Yarvin contends that Trump can ALREADY legally win the election-- simply by ordering the legislative Houses in each state to override the popular vote-- and appoint electors who vote for Trump in the electoral college. The red-party controls the majority of state Houses. So all that's required is "party discipline". Same with the majority red-team Supreme Court... with "party discipline" Trump can command SCOTUS to rubber-stamp his re-election. The repercussions of such drastic action would be huge. Revolt in the streets. Blowback for Republican candidates in 2 years-- if the Republic even lasts that-long. Trump would have to pull an Abe Lincoln and firefight against all sorts of Insurrection. Flex sovereignty, cross bloody rubicons.

Applying Yarvin's perspective--

The election-law wranglings of Giuliani, the 'unleash the Kraken' mass-foreign-treason rhetoric of Sydney Powell... are still constrained play-by-the-rules moves on the game board. Sydney Powell's conspiracy talk about foreign & computer election-interference and mass-fraud... is not an escalation Up from the Democrat's own conspiracy talk about Russian Facebook Interference 2016. She's within the rules. Giuliani's legal stuff is well-within the rules of all the FBI and special counsel investigation of Trump. (The Dems just can't handle a dose of their own medicine.) Giuliani & Powell wield slightly-more aggressive scalpels than we are used to seeing from Mitt Romney republicans. But they aren't using machetes. We haven't seen the Republican equivalent of a hundred days of violent riots in the streets & fraudulent FISA warrants used to round-up Adam Schiff & Pelosi in GITMO.

Michael Malice recently said-- that he interrupts when he hears progressives call the NRA 'extremists' and gun 'nuts'. He says-- "you think THOSE are the extreme nuts? The NRA are the MODERATES!" You really aren't comprehending what a real Armed Extremist Movement would actually be-like.

I only visited The_Donald.win for the first time-- a week before the election. I've been watching them closely. I see some brilliant stuff there-- random people crunching election data on their home computers. I see a lot of dumb wannabe shit... they still think Pepe The Frog 'KEK' memes are the height of edgy humor. There's a form of 'party discipline' there... cult-like but at least it's not milquetoast... in their refusal to entertain any possibility except Trump Won The Election And Will Not Leave Office.

Their wild speculations about "The Kraken" are pathetic. And their idea of Crossing The Rubicon is dumb... it's all Red Dawn fantasies of suburban father-son moments with AR-15's vs. purple-haired drag queen story hour BLM trans-tards.

I think a 10,000% more viable rubicon-to-cross would look more like unabashed Gated Communities, Private Schools, and demanding Freedom Of Association with no concern for whether it's Nice... a willingness to be called racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, communist-phobic, backward, 'square', 'on the wrong side of history' ... and... perhaps most-of all, be willing to be called: un-democratic.

No need to reach for guns. Just let Portland, California, Atlanta, D.C. whereever.... each become a CHAZ and implode on their own. Stop sending them tax money welfare.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KiwiInOz wrote: Trump Jr has said that he's going to be spending his time in Covid isolation cleaning his guns. C'mon. It's 2020. No need to use euphemisms. It's ok to say you'll be wanking non stop.
I use a bore snake. Let your imagination run wild with that.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kind of like when Biden said the Democrats had developed the most elaborate voter fraud system ever, when he really meant to say the Democrats had developed the most elaborate voter fraud system ever.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: Trump Jr has said that he's going to be spending his time in Covid isolation cleaning his guns. C'mon. It's 2020. No need to use euphemisms. It's ok to say you'll be wanking non stop.
I use a bore snake. Let your imagination run wild with that.
Does it fix prostate problems?

Keating

Post by Keating »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Well.

I guess we better develop some nuclear weapons.

Maybe ‘merca can lend us a couple?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-22/ ... r/12904462

Keating

Post by Keating »

South Africa, before the apartheid regime ended, got rid of all its nuclear weapons because they didn't trust the incoming government. Trump should do the same thing before January.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating wrote: South Africa, before the apartheid regime ended, got rid of all its nuclear weapons because they didn't trust the incoming government. Trump should do the same thing before January.
Did Israel take them back?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote: I guess we better develop some nuclear weapons.
An exchange of nukes between Australia & another country-- would be unfair. Because only the-other-country's landscape would be noticeably affected.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I'm searching my imagination-- for something effective to drop on Australia. Maybe... Greta Thunberg? or... AOC !

Keating

Post by Keating »

What are you talking about? Nuking Sydney and Melbourne would eliminate most of the Australian population. Also solve most of our problems. Better nuke Brisbane as well, just to be sure.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Keating wrote: solve most of our problems
Sure, -most- of your problems. But you still haven't found a replacement for Michael Hutchence. So what's the point of going on, really?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I hope everyone is not going to just leave that one hanging...

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

MarcusAu wrote: I hope everyone is not going to just leave that one hanging...
Like most men, he had better days before he tied the knot.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:45 am
Wisconsin makes Trump pay for the cost of a recount. This is what his money buys...
https://media.thedonald.win/post/IG71xRSp.jpeg

Which-- in my mind-- dovetails into this episode of the Free Man Behind The Wall podcast.
https://youtu.be/xAGPeVxEYEk

The guest (Curtis Yarvin aka 'Mencius Moldbug') and the host (Pete Quinones aka 'Mance Rayder') are both capable of blowing-minds, but also capable of sneering down on the folly of normies-- while huffing jars of their own farts.

The content of this episode is good mind-blowing stuff. But I wonder if the presentation is fart gas. Maybe the only-reason I have any idea what they're saying-- is I've collected enough puzzle pieces-- from their other podcasts.

So-- I'll try to TLDR the good stuff:

Yarvin sez a 'sovereign' ruler is the person with the power to override The Rules (written and unwritten).

Trump advertised himself as-if he would exercise rule-breaking sovereignty: 'Drain the swamp', 'Build a wall', 'Bring Back Jobs', 'Make America Great Again'. Trump did upset the business-as-usual applecart, just by winning his party's nomination & getting elected & pissing on the status-quo news media consensus. But Trump was also too willing to appoint swamp creatures to key posts-- and allow business-as-usual to continue in The Swamp. When Trump declared 'off with their heads' the Deep State did not comply. And Trump reacted to their non-compliance with restrained dueling. Not a dramatic internal purge.

Yarvin quotes someone saying "my least-favorite German generals are the ones who march and battle all the way to the Rubicon-- and then just go-fishing in it". That's what Trump mostly did.
Did You Know?
In 49 B.C., Julius Caesar led his army to the banks of the Rubicon, a small river that marked the boundary between Italy and Gaul. Caesar knew Roman law forbade a general from leading his army out of the province to which he was assigned. By crossing the Rubicon, he would violate that law. "The die is cast," he said, wading in. That act of defiance sparked a three-year civil war that ultimately left Julius Caesar the undisputed ruler of the Roman world. -Merriam Webster dictionary
The thing-about exercising Sovereignty-- is the more you do it-- the more you'll have to keep doing it. When you cross the Rubicon-- you discover that's just the first Rubicon. It will be for naught unless you cross the next and the next and the next.

Yarvin contends that Trump can ALREADY legally win the election-- simply by ordering the legislative Houses in each state to override the popular vote-- and appoint electors who vote for Trump in the electoral college. The red-party controls the majority of state Houses. So all that's required is "party discipline". Same with the majority red-team Supreme Court... with "party discipline" Trump can command SCOTUS to rubber-stamp his re-election. The repercussions of such drastic action would be huge. Revolt in the streets. Blowback for Republican candidates in 2 years-- if the Republic even lasts that-long. Trump would have to pull an Abe Lincoln and firefight against all sorts of Insurrection. Flex sovereignty, cross bloody rubicons.

Applying Yarvin's perspective--

The election-law wranglings of Giuliani, the 'unleash the Kraken' mass-foreign-treason rhetoric of Sydney Powell... are still constrained play-by-the-rules moves on the game board. Sydney Powell's conspiracy talk about foreign & computer election-interference and mass-fraud... is not an escalation Up from the Democrat's own conspiracy talk about Russian Facebook Interference 2016. She's within the rules. Giuliani's legal stuff is well-within the rules of all the FBI and special counsel investigation of Trump. (The Dems just can't handle a dose of their own medicine.) Giuliani & Powell wield slightly-more aggressive scalpels than we are used to seeing from Mitt Romney republicans. But they aren't using machetes. We haven't seen the Republican equivalent of a hundred days of violent riots in the streets & fraudulent FISA warrants used to round-up Adam Schiff & Pelosi in GITMO.

Michael Malice recently said-- that he interrupts when he hears progressives call the NRA 'extremists' and gun 'nuts'. He says-- "you think THOSE are the extreme nuts? The NRA are the MODERATES!" You really aren't comprehending what a real Armed Extremist Movement would actually be-like.

I only visited The_Donald.win for the first time-- a week before the election. I've been watching them closely. I see some brilliant stuff there-- random people crunching election data on their home computers. I see a lot of dumb wannabe shit... they still think Pepe The Frog 'KEK' memes are the height of edgy humor. There's a form of 'party discipline' there... cult-like but at least it's not milquetoast... in their refusal to entertain any possibility except Trump Won The Election And Will Not Leave Office.

Their wild speculations about "The Kraken" are pathetic. And their idea of Crossing The Rubicon is dumb... it's all Red Dawn fantasies of suburban father-son moments with AR-15's vs. purple-haired drag queen story hour BLM trans-tards.

I think a 10,000% more viable rubicon-to-cross would look more like unabashed Gated Communities, Private Schools, and demanding Freedom Of Association with no concern for whether it's Nice... a willingness to be called racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, communist-phobic, backward, 'square', 'on the wrong side of history' ... and... perhaps most-of all, be willing to be called: un-democratic.

No need to reach for guns. Just let Portland, California, Atlanta, D.C. whereever.... each become a CHAZ and implode on their own. Stop sending them tax money welfare.
To be fair to Trump he was under pressure from the first day in office and any swamp draining would have brought a shower of media shit raining down on his comb-over. Remember all the talk about obstruction of justice when he belatedly fired Comey. The predominant story from insiders is that he was advised to proceed with caution and he listened. Being an outsider he didn't have the ready-made cast of a normal swamp monster so he probably had to appoint people his team didn't know that well and found out too late what their real agendas were.

ThreeFlangedJavis

KiwiInOz wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:14 pm
Keating wrote: South Africa, before the apartheid regime ended, got rid of all its nuclear weapons because they didn't trust the incoming government. Trump should do the same thing before January.
Rumours. If the Israelis were involved, which is disputed, it was probably as part of a joint program.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Calling Covid a 'hoax' doesn't work, because it sounds-like you're denying any person ever died from any-such disease.

So we gotta find a magic bullet word with skull-penetration power. Covid is a 'pretext'. Covid is an 'excuse'. Covid is a 'trojan horse'. Covid is a diversion, distraction, deception, trick, scam, pickpocket, coup, hocus-pocus, optical illusion... card trick

https://media.thedonald.win/post/I9zq0KPA.png

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

mordacious1 wrote:
I see puns at the Pit are in full swing again.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:14 pm
Rumours. If the Israelis were involved, which is disputed, it was probably as part of a joint program.
OTOH, there's concrete evidence that South Africa and Australia conspired to rig the Olympics.

muriels_wedding.jpg
(45.35 KiB) Downloaded 851 times

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:
I see puns at the Pit are in full swing again.
That's not noose...

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

moose.jpg
(612.31 KiB) Downloaded 875 times

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Thirty years married today.

World’s changed a bit. We haven’t though. 👍

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Impressive. Congrats.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Indeed.

Congratulations to you for your good taste...

...and to your good lady wife for her perseverance.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

30? Good start, well done. Keep on.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Wow. I'll soon be celebrating thirty years divorced.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

5 More Ways Joe Biden Magically Outperformed Election Norms

The kicker:
“Biden underperformed Hillary Clinton in every major metro area around the country, save for Milwaukee, Detroit, Atlanta and Philadelphia.”

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: 5 More Ways Joe Biden Magically Outperformed Election Norms

The kicker:
“Biden underperformed Hillary Clinton in every major metro area around the country, save for Milwaukee, Detroit, Atlanta and Philadelphia.”
Should've known it wasn't Obama they voted for in 2008. Charismatic, suave, first black president Obama, no, it was jungle Joe!

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

screwtape wrote: To save our sanity, go look in the recipes thread and see what I made for brunch today. Guaranteed to make all right with the world.
My opinion on bagels.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0036/ ... 1542846919

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Thanks all. I good night was had by all. A blue box from Tiffany and Co may have been involved.

I’m lucky to be in that position.

A couple of weeks ago I had dinner with 11 former co-workers all redundant from a mid size professional association. Two had just been made redundant from their new jobs in a double flip.

My youngish nephew has been told his hitherto high-flying progression in logistics with a big tobacco company was over. The role will be gone in March.

A good friend in engineering completed a difficult long term job in the countryside and then got canned with no redundancy for not wearing a hair net in the bakery. Company in financial difficulty and didn’t want to fork out a payout for a 55 year old.

My brother in law, who earns between 200-300K in HR/IR was told on Friday that someone new and cheaper was starting on Monday. Given his 7 weeks notice payment. No redundancy. 53 years old. Despite the wage he’s still renting as he missed the Sydney property boom.

All this in a couple of months. :bjarte:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Of the more than 83,000 US citizens currently in hospital with Covid 19, more than 16,000 are intensive care.

Nowt but a sniffle.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

KiwiInOz wrote: Of the more than 83,000 US citizens currently in hospital with Covid 19, more than 16,000 are intensive care.

Nowt but a sniffle.
Are you _sure_ those 16,000 people are in Intensive Care _due_to_ Covid-19 ?

Rather than being admitted to Intensive Care for all-sorts-of reasons, but incidentally testing-positive for Covid-19.

Was this NZCity.co.nz article your source for that stat?
https://home.nzcity.co.nz/finance/artic ... ?id=322850

Please be advised-- that article is full of alarmism and omissions.

For one thing-- it portrays American hospitals as bursting at full capacity.

No mention, however, of the recent changes in how the available-capacity of ICU beds is counted.

If no staff is currently assigned to an ICU bed (because it's empty) then that bed is counted as not-existing.
Hospitalizations have been increasing, but the change is also due to revisions in how hospitals report the numbers.

MARC spokeswoman Amy Strange said that in October, the federal system used to report data removed pediatric ICUs from its total counts. Children make up only a tiny number of COVID-19 patients who need intensive care.

A month ago, Kansas City had a total of 994 intensive care unit beds, as listed on the MARC dashboard. The dashboard currently lists 534.

The ICU counts reinforce assertions by hospital doctors that area hospitals have been running low on space for patients as hospitalizations have risen.

Fewer standard hospital beds are listed by MARC as well. A total of 6,216 hospital beds were listed for the metro one month ago, according to MARC. The total listed on Wednesday stood at 5,806.

Strange said the numbers can vary somewhat from day to day based on when hospitals report. Bed numbers can also fluctuate due to staffing, and just over a third of area hospitals say they expect staffing shortages in the coming week.

MARC's hospital bed and ICU bed numbers reflect only those that have staff assigned to them, which aligns with federal reporting definitions.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

KiwiInOz wrote:
My opinion on bagels.

Who gives a toss?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The UK is a case-study in fear-mongering about ICU capacity:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/1 ... ents-show/
Hospital intensive care no busier than normal for most trusts, leaked documents show
Update seen by Telegraph shows capacity tracking as normal for beginning of November, with usual numbers of beds available
An NHS source said: "As you can see, our current position in October is exactly where we have been over the last five years."

The new data shows that, even in the peak of the Covid outbreak in April, critical care beds were never more than 80 per cent full.

Although there has been a reduction in surge capacity since the first wave, with the closure of the emergency Nightingale Hospitals, there is still 15 per cent spare capacity across the country – fairly normal for this time of year.
Commenting on the new data, Professor Carl Heneghan, director of the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine at the University of Oxford, said: "This is completely in line with what is normally available at this time of year. What I don't understand is that I seem to be looking at a different dataset to what the Government is presenting.
"Everything is looking at normal levels and free bed capacity is still significant, even in high dependency units and intensive care, even though we have a very small number across the board. We are starting to see a drop in people in hospitals.
But the leaked documents also show that no intensive care units are in Covid-19 Pandemic Critcon levels above two, and the majority are at 0, meaning they are operating as normal.

Critcon levels three and four are enacted during a "full stretch" and "emergency", when other wards need to be used for critical care. But 146 units out of 222 (65 per cent) are still at "Critcon 0", which is defined as "business as usual" by the NHS.

Just 29 units (13 per cent) are at "Critcon 1", defined as the usual impact of a bad winter. And only 19 (eight per cent) are at "Critcon 2", described as a "medium surge". Twenty-eight units have not reported their position.

Speaking to the science and technology committee on Monday, Prof Whitty accepted that the number of struggling hospitals was "small, and we want to keep it that way".
Dr Daniels also said figures show that far fewer patients now need ventilation (33.9 per cent as opposed to 72.1 per cent) and fewer are developing multi-organ failure.

The chief executive of NHS Wales said on Monday that the number of Covid-19 patients in Wales needing critical care is less than half what it was during the peak of the virus, despite rising cases.

Dr Andrew Goodall said early intervention by doctors, aided by increased testing and improvements with oxygen therapies, meant that demand on intensive care units and mortality rates were lower compared with April.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

An article s(k)ceptical of James Randi and his legacy - presented here for your perusal.

https://boingboing.net/2020/10/26/the-m ... icism.html

My own bias is perhaps showing - when even before reading I not particularly kindly inclined to it...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
My opinion on bagels.

Who gives a toss?
Those are dead ringers for bagels.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Those are dead ringers for bagels.
I disagree - if a restaurant served me those for breakfast - I'd feel that they were getting money for old rope.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

"Die"go Mara"goner".

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

AndrewV69 wrote:
That little blue bird is unreliable.
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
🤴 Rich "The King" Sanderson (Stunning and Regal)
@RichSandersen
Remember when "FreeThoughtBlogs" used to be, like, popular. It now ranks #132,901 in the world.

It's now home to (mostly) antisemites, accused rapists, misogynists, Lysenkoist science deniers, and Far Left Marxist/Commies who think humanists, liberals, and "centrists" are Nazis.
11:05 AM · Nov 25, 2020·Twitter Web App

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote: snip

Was this NZCity.co.nz article your source for that stat?
https://home.nzcity.co.nz/finance/artic ... ?id=322850

snip
No. But I'm sure that they had the same source.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The political and media establishment is very concerned with 'Trust' these days.

They're worried that the stoopid masses might trust untrustworthy-Trump. Might distrust The Science on Covid and Vaccines and Global Warming and Transgenderizing children. God forbid you might distrust the election results As Seen On TV.

So the establishment flexes its authority and puts those boldface proclamations under YouTube videos. And between you and the tweet you're trying to read. They tell who you're Supposed To trust and distrust.

I find it disconcerting... that their soviet-style warning-labels and censorship... is so counter-productive against me trusting THEM.

Moldbug wrote something about the old, clunky totalitarian regimes-- Stalin, North Korea. He compared them to a 2-stroke engine which guzzles fuel, burns oil, rattles, spews pollution... but thumps-out raw power. You don't have to trust it like a buddy, you just have to trust it can crush you easily.

As opposed to a modern technocracy totalitarian regime... which is a finely-tuned 4-stroke engine... whirring along neatly & efficiently & seducing you to trust it... no need for blunt oppression.

Seems like we're closer to the 2-stroke era than Moldbug thought. Lately, they're trying to control information and dissent-- and business-- and family gatherings-- like Stalin, not Steve Jobs.

I think it's a Dunning-Kruger problem. I just watched the video below... expecting it to be a reminder-montage of upsetting Covid-19 images. Maybe a new set of upsetting images.

Instead-- it was an open endorsement of scare-mongering... as a means to enforce the Correct opinion on potential dissenters. Two dump minions who don't realize how full of shit they sound. Zero self-awareness... that we distrust them because they have been dishonest. That our distrust is valid. That the burden is on them to EARN our trust, not impose their preferences-- about who were are Allowed to trust and distrust. They literally blather about Nazis and the Moon Landing and Viet Nam ... three things they are too young to have actually experienced. But they're sure they know better than you about Everything.

This morning I watched a clip of Rising with Krystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti. They rolled their eyes at Trump & his goofy lawyers... daring to go-against the pre-ordained annointment of Joe Biden.

Then I watched the entire public hearing in Pennsylvania. Trumps lawyers kept their goofyness dialed way down. Giuliani's black soul wasn't melting this time. He sounded capable and sane and TRUSTWORTHY. The local politicians seemed alright. The election-volunteer witnesses... were Excellent. An 80 year old woman who doesn't use digital devices-- who had trouble with a voting touch screen-- who asked a poll worker for help-- and was lied-to. A couple military veterans with experience in digital forensics and fraud. These people inspire more trust than the big corporate media who are determined to scoff at them. Trump phoned-in to the meeting. He was his usual self... charming in a clownish way... and very Un-authentic, Un-trustworthy... but blatantly so... like a reverse-psychology 'ironic' advertisment. The Trump Derangement Sufferers fixate on him... as a 1-dimensional cartoon. They try to reduce his voters to a 1-dimensional MAGA-hat-at-Walmart cartoon, too. But that only works on audiences who have no real exposure to normal 'Red State' Americans. They're decent neighbors, people you'd TRUST to look-after your kids. That's who the election is being stolen-from... not Trump. This claim about election fraud has been disputed. The AP has declared Joe Biden to be a nice man.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Happy Thanksgiving, cunts. Except for you foreign cunts who don't celebrate Thanksgiving. You third-world bug-eaters can fuck right off.

🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Young pussy from 1906.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Gumby wrote: Happy Thanksgiving, cunts. Except for you foreign cunts who don't celebrate Thanksgiving. You third-world bug-eaters can fuck right off.

🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃
Most have some traditions that they like to follow.

And since you brought it up, here's a contra one that fits the bill of having become a neo-tradition itself...

Those so inclined may wish to investigate if retro-active SJW status can be bestowed on such individuals...

Fegg

Post by Fegg »

MarcusAu wrote: Most have some traditions that they like to follow.

And since you brought it up, here's a contra one that fits the bill of having become a neo-tradition itself...

Those so inclined may wish to investigate if retro-active SJW status can be bestowed on such individuals...
I think that sort of thing is great when it helps people question the dominant cultural narrative. When that sort of thing becomes dominant then people need to get their heads straightened out so they realise there are so many worse things than Americanism.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
I find it disconcerting... that their soviet-style warning-labels and censorship... is so counter-productive against me trusting THEM.

Moldbug wrote something about the old, clunky totalitarian regimes-- Stalin, North Korea. He compared them to a 2-stroke engine which guzzles fuel, burns oil, rattles, spews pollution... but thumps-out raw power. You don't have to trust it like a buddy, you just have to trust it can crush you easily.

As opposed to a modern technocracy totalitarian regime... which is a finely-tuned 4-stroke engine... whirring along neatly & efficiently & seducing you to trust it... no need for blunt oppression.

Seems like we're closer to the 2-stroke era than Moldbug thought. Lately, they're trying to control information and dissent-- and business-- and family gatherings-- like Stalin, not Steve Jobs.
I haven't seen shit like this since I used to watch East German TV. My mother-in-law asked, Matt, why you watch that garbage? I told her so I'd know what it looked like when it showed up in America. She said, you'll never have that in America. I said, that's what they said about Germany, too.

Keating

Post by Keating »

The Lives Of Others is a good movie.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Trump Derangement Superspreader

John D

Post by John D »

Western Culture has created the most disgusting and vile civilization.... except for all the other civilizations.