Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Brive1987 »

This one’s a keeper.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The Left also is aggressively anti-free speech, has begun to implement lunatic soft-on-crime policies in the cities they control, seek a massive influx of immigrants, have declared every American institution irredeemably racist and in need of demolition and replacement, and have indocrinated a generation of youth into the insane quasi-religious cult of Critical Theory, Equity, and Diversity. I'd say all of that is fairly excessive.
I'd say some of that is a little hyperbolic (really? every institution must be destroyed?) but point taken; I've ranted about such for years here.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Care to share some numbers for that body count?
Do I really need to give numbers for you to know this is generally true? Well, here's "329" from some article I just googled:

https://www.businessinsider.com/right-w ... one-2020-7

But really, anyone generally aware of things should know this is basically true. Every time you hear of an abortion clinic bombing, abortion doctor murder, militia killing, nut flying plane into gov't building, etc., a little bird on your shoulder should chirp: "right winger, right winger".

The left isn't totally innocent. I seem to recall a radical environmental group offing someone here and there. And the case can be made that the Unibomber was left wing--insane, but left wing.

But yeah, this should be pretty obvious.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Hunt-- you have been misinformed.

I clicked your link to see if it would rely on Seth Jones saying "The most significant domestic terrorism threat comes from white supremacists, anti-government militias..." and "Left-wing violence has not been a major terrorism threat." Those quotes have been a magic crucifix holy water & garlic-- endlessly wielded by those who tell you fiery looting riots are peaceful protests. Your link cites exactly-that, right at the top.

So I started writing this reply-- and the next thing which came to mind was the Black Hebrew Israelites shooting up that Jewish grocery store in Jersey City; and the Bernie Supporter who shot-up the Republican congressmen's softball game, and the Women's March organizer who kidnapped, ransomed, genital-tortured for weeks, and murdered a man. And the four blacks who kidnapped a retarded white kid and livestreamed torturing him while yelling 'Fuck Donald Trump'. The El Paso environmentalist mass-shooter quoting Al Gore's 'An Inconvenient Truth' in his manifesto-- and the follow-up shooting by the Dayton Ohio shooter who called the El Paso guy a white supremecist fascist-- but thought a mass-shooting of his own would advance his gun-control agenda. And Dave Chapelle's post-George Floyd performance-- in which he lists all the blacks (often ex-cops & veterans) who went on shooting rampages against police officers... are those considered rightwingers or left?... howabout the attack on Jussie Smollet? You "heard about" it as rightwing violence-- but it was leftwing. And don't forget the packet of 'suspicious powder' which Jussie sent to himself & reported as racist hatemail. Whatabout the Boston Marathon bombers-- their grievances were the US invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan & dissatisfaction with their experience as immigrants to the US. Rightwing? Leftwing?

I think the term "whatabout-ism" is often employed poorly: for example-- when Boko Haram kidnapped schoolgirls inspiring Michelle Obama's #BringBackOurGirls moment. And others pointed out that the schoolboys from that school weren't kidnapped-- they had been executed. Saying "that's whataboutism" doesn't make the latter critique disappear. but but but...

...you mention abortion clinic bombings. When was the last abortion clinic bombing? Like... 1997? Over the last 2 decades, the main terrorism threat posed by abortion clinic bombing is the threat of a Whataboutism Bomb being dropped by Leftwingers on any mention of Islamic Terror Attacks in the US. "Oh, yeah? Well... What about abortion clinic bombings" boom!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt cited:
... right-wing extremists have killed 329 victims in the last 25 years, while antifa members haven't killed any....
That just proves the old adage, Don't bring a skateboard to a gun fight.

But seriously, now you've shifted the goalposts from 'violence' to killings. I think nightly lootings, vandalism, burnings, counts as violence. As does bashing someone over the head with a bicycle lock. Hitting cops with fireworks, blinding them with lasers. Pulling people from their cars and viciously beating them, pummeling old women with 2x4's, shattering old men's jaws with bricks -- that's violence, too, donchathink? And several people were murdered this year by BLM/Antifa rioters. I'll just remind you of one, David Dorn:

Dog wrote:
the Dayton Ohio shooter who called the El Paso guy a white supremecist fascist-- but thought a mass-shooting of his own would advance his gun-control agenda.
Also an environmentalist and Elizabeth Warren supporter.

Hunt:
I'd say some of that is a little hyperbolic (really? every institution must be destroyed?)
Their rhetoric is surely hyperbolic, but my summation of it is not:

"Our systems are more than broken. They be must dismantled and replaced.”

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

NB also the bogus comparison of every rightwing group over the past 25 years vs. just Antifa, which has only been active for about five, and only really got going with the violence shit six months ago. That, and they're a bunch of soy-weakened beanpoles who fight like girls. But give them time, they're just warming up and the establishment Dems put the track under green flag.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

In Georgia, ballots in suitcases arrive the morning after election night, to be counted with not poll watchers present. These are the votes that put Biden over the top in GA.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Correction: The suitcases with ballots were wheeled out and counted starting at 10:30 pm on election night, after the poll watchers were sent home, told counting would resume in the morning.

Here's more footage, and it's highly suspicious

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Craft project:

I bought this kid-sized guitar Tuesday, for $30.
It appears to have been stored in a damp basement for a decade.

After 3 days of modifying it,
current incarnation is on the left.
(full-size guitar on the right, for comparison)

~Replaced the short neck with a full-length, hefty 'baseball bat' neck, scavenged from a Bud Light grocery store beer aisle display. Sanded the finish on back of neck & rounded the fret-edges.
~Sanded, planed, gouged the shiny finish-- down to a matte chalkboard-texture. With yellow (polyurethane?) layer peeking thru. On the back, I took the polyurethane layer off. It was almost 1/16" thick! Was impervious to paint thinner, ether, blow-dryer. Breathed nasty dust: paper dust masks are useless. Skipped daily cigar, to let lungs recover. Body revealed to be crude home-depot grade plywood. Left back raw, for now.
~Swapped pick-ups & wiring with "lipstick" pick-ups & guts from a Danelectro bass guitar.
~Mostly no pickguard now, except a bit of clear plastic... cut from some kinda plastic packaging found in garbage... over the control cavity.
~scavenged replacement saddles. New strings. Set action & intonation. Some buzzy frets, so I re-raised the action until I feel like leveling the frets.
~added a second guitar-strap screw-thing on the bottom, so it can stand on those as 'feet' if I lean it against wall.

At first-- it didn't sound as good as 4 the broken-down guitars which were parts-donors.

But I took a nap & a shower-- came back to it & played with different amp settings & different pick-up positioning...

...and found a super-appealing, warm 'fuzz' tone. I was aiming-for a controlled-sounding 'clean' tone-- innocuous, like a doorbell.

But the fuzz is a nice surprise.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Here's more footage, and it's highly suspicious
Same footage, arranged in a 360-degree composite view, with same narration:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Thee Internet appears to have ID'd the purple shirt suspect (aka "Ruby" )-- from photos of her handbag which has the name of her vanity fashion label on the side.

Which leads to claimed-evidence that the 'blond braids' suspect is Ruby's daughter:

https://media.thedonald.win/post/Mxt3SHyj.jpeg

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: But seriously, now you've shifted the goalposts from 'violence' to killings. I think nightly lootings, vandalism, burnings, counts as violence. As does bashing someone over the head with a bicycle lock. Hitting cops with fireworks, blinding them with lasers. Pulling people from their cars and viciously beating them, pummeling old women with 2x4's, shattering old men's jaws with bricks -- that's violence, too, donchathink? And several people were murdered this year by BLM/Antifa rioters. I'll just remind you of one, David Dorn:
I concede all that. Remember my position is predicated on the initial context that the left has grown violent in the last four years of Trump, though I admit it predates that to a large extent. I still maintain that in the period from, say 1980 to 2010, in total, the right was a lot more violent, even in the general, weighted sense. Wouldn't you agree that gunning down an abortion doctor has to be given a bit more weight than throwing a brick through a window?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote: I concede all that. Remember my position is predicated on the initial context that the left has grown violent in the last four years of Trump, though I admit it predates that to a large extent. I still maintain that in the period from, say 1980 to 2010, in total, the right was a lot more violent, even in the general, weighted sense. Wouldn't you agree that gunning down an abortion doctor has to be given a bit more weight than throwing a brick through a window?
What's our metric, how do we weight?

For the past sixty years at least, the overwhelming majority on right and the left have been peaceful. (In the US -- the Baader-Meinhof Komplex, IRA, Shining Path, et al., were extremely murderous.) The violent ones were always on the fringe, moving in the shadows -- The Weathermen, the abortion clinic bombers. They had no support of the general public and were aggressively pursued by the government and LE.

But that changed with TDS. Violence is now condoned by the bien pensant on the left as a legitimate response to the 'virtual' violence of rhetoric, assorted -phobias, 'erasure', 'systemic' oppressions, etc., which all burst out when accelerated by the 'Resistance' to Trump's 'illegitimate' presidency -- his very existence, even. The MSM and Dem leadership excused and often encouraged the looting and rioting while letting the perpetrators go unpunished.

So even if it could be fairly documented that, over the past quarter century the rightwing fringe scored a slightly less tiny body count than the leftwing fringe's tiny body count, what's the point?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Highlights of the Michigan voter fraud hearings.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Not to be undone by all the colorful Republicans testifying,
this Ruby Freeman character is turning-out to be
an exotic treasure.
Maga-nerds pouring over her social media-- found this clip,
which displays her personality,
and piles of ballots all-over-the-place,
and ends with the camera catching a ballot lacking a return address.

https://thedonald.win/p/11QlFgM8ob/bust ... s-video/c/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Seattle continues its descent into complete lunacy:

https://www.city-journal.org/seattle-po ... anor-crime
In October, the Seattle City Council floated legislation to provide an exemption from prosecution for misdemeanor crimes for any citizen who suffers from poverty, homelessness, addiction, or mental illness. Under the proposed ordinance, courts would have to dismiss all so-called “crimes of poverty”

The impact of this measure would be enormous. In 2019, the Seattle Police Department reported 25,993 thefts, 8,442 assaults, 6,430 property offenses, 4,194 frauds, 3,910 trespasses, and 1,640 narcotics violations—representing 72 percent of all reported crimes. If the ordinance passes, nearly all these crimes would be permitted under law.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Trump claimed that the 2016 election was fraudulent (what does that day about his win) and has been claiming for ages that the 2020 election would also be fraudulent. He's had four years as President to do something about it, but hasn't. Too busy playing golf and directing disenfranchisement of citizens who might not vote Republican, I guess.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Whoever owns those golf courses must be making a fortune off Trump.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

What happened was Joe got out of the shower. He got a dog. And anybody who's been around his house knows, dropped. The little pup dropped the ball in front of him. And for him to grab the ball. And he is walking through this little alleyway to get to the bedroom. And he grabbed the ball like this. And the dog ran. And Joe was joking. Running after him to grab his tail. And what happened was that he slid on a throw rug, and Joe tripped on the rug he slid on. That's what happened.

"What happened was I got out of the shower. I got a dog. And anybody who’s been around my house knows, dropped — the little pup dropped the ball in front of me, and for me to grab the ball. And I’m walking through this little alleyway to get to the bedroom. And I grabbed the ball like this, and he ran, and I was joking, running after him to grab his tail. And what happened was that he slid on a throw rug, and I tripped on the rug he slid on. That’s what happened."

“Oh, man,” Tapper replied.

“Not a very exciting story,” Biden said.

“No,” Tapper agreed.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Match unconfirmed: might be a different Ruby Leshiqueka Freeman.

Election official.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

//Implicit bias test: if you have any racist thoughts during this video, you are a bad person.//

"Video two-- Ruby Freeman took where she receives another box of ballots in a private cubicle."

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote: What happened was Joe got out of the shower. He got a dog. And anybody who's been around his house knows, dropped. The little pup dropped the ball in front of him. And for him to grab the ball. And he is walking through this little alleyway to get to the bedroom. And he grabbed the ball like this. And the dog ran. And Joe was joking. Running after him to grab his tail. And what happened was that he slid on a throw rug, and Joe tripped on the rug he slid on. That's what happened.

"What happened was I got out of the shower. I got a dog. And anybody who’s been around my house knows, dropped — the little pup dropped the ball in front of me, and for me to grab the ball. And I’m walking through this little alleyway to get to the bedroom. And I grabbed the ball like this, and he ran, and I was joking, running after him to grab his tail. And what happened was that he slid on a throw rug, and I tripped on the rug he slid on. That’s what happened."

“Oh, man,” Tapper replied.

“Not a very exciting story,” Biden said.

“No,” Tapper agreed.
And here was I thinking the punchline was going to be like the guy in hospital to get the potato out of his rectum. Slipped and landed on it while hanging curtains in the nude, apparently.

Now, whether the stuck item was a ball or the dog is left up to the reader.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote: Whoever owns those golf courses must be making a fortune off Trump.
They certainly have benefited from the US
Treasury.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Hunt wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:37 pm
Keating wrote: Maybe that's true, but why can't it be the excesses of the left that are curtailed to stop reinforcing the feedback loop? We've had a leftward drift for nearly a century.
I can't speak to other countries, but here in the US "excesses of the left" really boils down to the fact that in the last four years the left has become violent again, after a nearly forty year hiatus. The last time American left was really violent was in the days of Patty Hearst and The Weather Underground (no, not a secretive news broadcasting agency). While the American right has racked up a steady body count for decades.
Funny, I don't remember the right being violent. The very far extreme right maybe, but then they have essentially been in the wilderness for a very long time and reviled by the Republicans. The violence of the left is more likely to be given tacit approval by the Democratic Party. Stems from the fact that left wing violence spreads under positive sounding banners. The current excesses of the left are to do with an adoption of the BAMN ethos where ethics are secondary to ends. I'm not saying Republicans are all honest actors but the Democrats took a look at Rove and said "hold my beer".

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:17 pm
Trump claimed that the 2016 election was fraudulent (what does that day about his win) and has been claiming for ages that the 2020 election would also be fraudulent. He's had four years as President to do something about it, but hasn't. Too busy playing golf and directing disenfranchisement of citizens who might not vote Republican, I guess.
You need to learn some context. Trump was assured that the legal strategy was in hand and he was let down. His problem is and always has been that there are few people he can trust and he hasn't always been able to tell who the snakes are until the knife goes in. His warnings about fraud in this election stem from the Democrat push to send out masses of unrequested mail ballots using Coronavirus as justification, so no he didn't have four years to prevent that. The Dem legal team successfully managed to remove most of the impediments to fraud in the swing states and Trump was indeed let down by his legal team in that regard. Where the checks weren't removed by legal action they were just ignored to a large extent. The ballot is currency in an election and there were millions of them floating around for months leading up to the election, many of them ineligible and ripe for abuse. This was by Democrat design. How did Trump direct disenfranchisement of citizens?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Supposedly, that was the voter instructions returned with the ballot. A lot of voters do that, and I'd understand why a poll worker might get frustrated. But it should be confirmed.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: //Implicit bias test: if you have any racist thoughts during this video, you are a bad person.//
Having worked and hung out with a lot of blacks, my experience was most of them had a constant running monologue directed at no one in particular.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Hunt wrote:
Keating wrote: Maybe that's true, but why can't it be the excesses of the left that are curtailed to stop reinforcing the feedback loop? We've had a leftward drift for nearly a century.
I can't speak to other countries, but here in the US "excesses of the left" really boils down to the fact that in the last four years the left has become violent again, after a nearly forty year hiatus. The last time American left was really violent was in the days of Patty Hearst and The Weather Underground (no, not a secretive news broadcasting agency). While the American right has racked up a steady body count for decades.
Funny, I don't remember the right being violent. The very far extreme right maybe, but then they have essentially been in the wilderness for a very long time and reviled by the Republicans. The violence of the left is more likely to be given tacit approval by the Democratic Party. Stems from the fact that left wing violence spreads under positive sounding banners. The current excesses of the left are to do with an adoption of the BAMN ethos where ethics are secondary to ends. I'm not saying Republicans are all honest actors but the Democrats took a look at Rove and said "hold my beer".
Were the Right violent, they'd have burned down The French Fucking Laundry already and all the cunts inside.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Hunt wrote:
Were the Right violent, they'd have burned down The French Fucking Laundry already and all the cunts inside.
And CNN would have a dude out in front calling it a peaceful protest.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

KiwiInOz wrote: Now, whether the stuck item was a ball or the dog is left up to the reader.
And the dog ain't talkin'.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I've been away and defocused for a bit. When/why/hoe did the Pit turn into a QAnon hive?

WTF is QAnon anyway?

And when did TDSSTSSDDTSSTDS happen?

And who are you people, and what have you done with my packet of gravel?????

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: I've been away and defocused for a bit. When/why/hoe did the Pit turn into a QAnon hive?

WTF is QAnon anyway?

That sounds like QandA non.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Lsuoma wrote: <snip>

We’re here, but we’re stoned.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma wrote: I've been away and defocused for a bit. When/why/hoe did the Pit turn into a QAnon hive?

WTF is QAnon anyway?

I’m still here nursing my grievances with China, globalism and our sino-simp SMH.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: WTF is QAnon anyway?
Sounds like an African-American girl's name, eg: Shaneequa LaFonquay Qanon Jackson.

Or is it just me?

/Waysis

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:39 am

I’m still here nursing my grievances with China, globalism and our sino-simp SMH.
Any news on what's happening with the JoWits in the Lucky Country?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Fire engulfs building and church, not far from me.

'Squatters' blamed for fire-- which seems a bit unfair/ since the neighborhood has actual squatters who homesteaded abandoned buildings for decades & won ownership thru 'squatters rights' in court.

Odds are the blame is with Mayor DeBlasio's surge of drug-addict skitzo homeless types.

Check out the grating voice of the church pastor, and her shout-out to 'social injustice', and her explanation of God's Plan.

https://abc7ny.com/east-village-fire-ma ... e/8519342/

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: What's our metric, how do we weight?
I would be pretty satisficed with the weighting function generally applied by jurisprudence. You throw a brick through a window, you get, what?, a $500 fine and 100 hours of community service. You kill a guy you get 20 years. Ok, ok, I'm a softy Scandinavian sympathizer... you get five to seven years of introspective therapy.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: But that changed with TDS. Violence is now condoned by the bien pensant on the left as a legitimate response to the 'virtual' violence of rhetoric, assorted -phobias, 'erasure', 'systemic' oppressions, etc., which all burst out when accelerated by the 'Resistance' to Trump's 'illegitimate' presidency -- his very existence, even. The MSM and Dem leadership excused and often encouraged the looting and rioting while letting the perpetrators go unpunished.
You're the one looking for "points" (see next). I've already conceded all this. The left IS skirting the boundary of rationalizing real violence. I applaud the likes of Coyne, who wholeheartedly condemns it and decry the PZ's who don't realize that condoning punching ersatz Nazi's is welcoming the slippery slope.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: So even if it could be fairly documented that, over the past quarter century the rightwing fringe scored a slightly less tiny body count than the leftwing fringe's tiny body count, what's the point?
Did I ever claim to have a point? All I initially said is that the only reason the left has suddenly become "excessive" is that it has, of late, reclaimed certain territory as a violent faction, and a pretty damn weak reflection of the right at that.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

:snooty: :snooty: Actual living, breathing emoji takes a stand on CNBC :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

:snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Funny, I don't remember the right being violent. The very far extreme right maybe, but then they have essentially been in the wilderness for a very long time and reviled by the Republicans.
Oh, they're not all that reviled. More than a few raised a glass to McVeigh; trust me.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Chinese Business school guys brags about China funding Hunter Biden

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Hunt wrote: the only reason the left has suddenly become "excessive" is that it has, of late, reclaimed certain territory as a violent faction, and a pretty damn weak reflection of the right at that.
You were doing fine-- until you doubled-down on saying the recent leftwing violence pales in comparison to rightwing violence circa 1980 to 2010.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Hmm, ok, do I get to sidestep the argument because some leftwing violence was just too left-wing to count? First I have to know just how unlevel the playing field is.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

You linked to a Guardian article which was based on a think tank report. I think that report was cherry-picking, not fair analysis.

That report classified 'incels' who acted because they hate women-- as rightwing violence.

(I don't think they even looked-for anti-male/anti-patriarchy/radfem violence.)

White supremacist violence was categorized as rightwing.

But black nationalist violence was put in a separate category, away from left or rightwing violence.

(And the study contained no mentions of the prison system as a location for political extremist violence. I'd expect the majority of active white supremacists to be prison gangs. Same with violent anti-white gangs.)

Really?

Post by Really? »

Service Dog wrote: You linked to a Guardian article which was based on a think tank report. I think that report was cherry-picking, not fair analysis.

That report classified 'incels' who acted because they hate women-- as rightwing violence.

(I don't think they even looked-for anti-male/anti-patriarchy/radfem violence.)

White supremacist violence was categorized as rightwing.

But black nationalist violence was put in a separate category, away from left or rightwing violence.

(And the study contained no mentions of the prison system as a location for political extremist violence. I'd expect the majority of active white supremacists to be prison gangs. Same with violent anti-white gangs.)
It's genius, really. No one can point to the left-wing violence that has been even worse for several months because the people who keep the stats refuse to qualify it as such. So a masked communist who spraypaints FUCK CAPITALISM on a Wendy's before burning it down...that wasn't left-wing according to the stats. And was it violence? Nah.

The black guy who murdered David Dorn? Yeah, that's right-wing violence because the murderer was bamboozled by internalized white supremacy.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Seems to be when a certain member quit taking lithium and has provided a plurality of all posts since.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Re that Rhodes farce^W scholarship story - I hope all the recipients will be self-aware enough to turn down the award, started as it was by someone whose statue they want removed from Oxford.

Any minute now, right?...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: Re that Rhodes farce^W scholarship story - I hope all the recipients will be self-aware enough to turn down the award, started as it was by someone whose statue they want removed from Oxford.

Any minute now, right?...

I think this would count as reparations.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

At least my sometimes pseudonym, Anton Aerger, remains:

https://nypost.com/2020/12/05/germany-s ... -alphabet/

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Tbf, the selection for a Rhodes scholarship has never been representative and is often determined by the flavour of the month or political connections. Our numpty ex-Prime Minister Abbott got one because of his connections in the Catholic Church and not because of his physical or academic prowess.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Reminded this evening, by nothing and no one here, of one of the funniest skits ever. Draws upon the short vowels and separated syllables that make Pakistani English and Dalek-speak sound alike:

And that's how I make curry!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Tbf, the selection for a Rhodes scholarship has never been representative and is often determined by the flavour of the month or political connections. Our numpty ex-Prime Minister Abbott got one because of his connections in the Catholic Church and not because of his physical or academic prowess.
My father was a Rhodes Scholar back in the 1950s.
Then it was a conventional mix of sporting, leadership and academic criteria to pick the ‘men of Empire’.

Being Catholic wouldn’t have helped your chances.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

screwtape wrote:
Seems to be when a certain member quit taking lithium and has provided a plurality of all posts since.
I think Google has gone off its meds. And the Associated Press is on a par with QAnon.

My available choices are to accept the information-hegemony's drivel at face-value, or tune-out and remain 'in the dark' about what' going on, or seek other sources of information.

Alternate sources-- which deviate from accepted dogma-- are, by definition, a worse ratio of signal-to-noise. The dogma is curated to be 'on message', simplistic. The jumbled roar of everything-else takes more effort to vet. <--THAT is a big part of the story of What's Going On, apart from the ratio truth-to-falsehood contained in the roar. When Alex Jones popped-up at the Million MAGA March in D.C. -- how few-or-many of the crowd accepted his yelling as Representative of what they were there-for... tells us something about what that crowd thinks.

Another case-study is the video Matt posted... the attorney presentation of the Georgia security-cam footage. Right away-- internet sleuths composited the video into a 360° view. They identified Ruby Freeman from her "LaRuby's Exotic Treasures" handbag. The scoured her social media & identified "blond braids" as her daughter, they uncovered Ruby's prior fraud arrests. And those entrancing videos of Ruby puttering around at work, babbling.

Are you not amused?

The latest development-- is Elena Parent-- the woman who tried to declared the security video to be "already debunked"-- the first time it was shown in public. (haw!) Now the deplorable internet nerds at /pol/ say they've spotted her on-site when the votes were being counted...

https://media.thedonald.win/post/rpoEPMMn.jpeg

In conclusion, the earth is flat and donald trump is playing fifth dimension age of aquarius chess every time he farts.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
My father was a Rhodes Scholar back in the 1950s.
Then it was a conventional mix of sporting, leadership and academic criteria to pick the ‘men of Empire’.

Being Catholic wouldn’t have helped your chances.
Toned Abs was definitely a man of empire. Conservative Monarchist, middling student, and average boxer, with particularly connected mentors (e.g. BA Santamaria) who were shaping him for greatness.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 2q9uOKuk2w

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
screwtape wrote:
I think Google has gone off its meds. And the Associated Press is on a par with QAnon.

My available choices are to accept the information-hegemony's drivel at face-value, or tune-out and remain 'in the dark' about what' going on, or seek other sources of information.

Alternate sources-- which deviate from accepted dogma-- are, by definition, a worse ratio of signal-to-noise. The dogma is curated to be 'on message', simplistic. The jumbled roar of everything-else takes more effort to vet. <--THAT is a big part of the story of What's Going On, apart from the ratio truth-to-falsehood contained in the roar. When Alex Jones popped-up at the Million MAGA March in D.C. -- how few-or-many of the crowd accepted his yelling as Representative of what they were there-for... tells us something about what that crowd thinks.

Another case-study is the video Matt posted... the attorney presentation of the Georgia security-cam footage. Right away-- internet sleuths composited the video into a 360° view. They identified Ruby Freeman from her "LaRuby's Exotic Treasures" handbag. The scoured her social media & identified "blond braids" as her daughter, they uncovered Ruby's prior fraud arrests. And those entrancing videos of Ruby puttering around at work, babbling.

Are you not amused?

The latest development-- is Elena Parent-- the woman who tried to declared the security video to be "already debunked"-- the first time it was shown in public. (haw!) Now the deplorable internet nerds at /pol/ say they've spotted her on-site when the votes were being counted...

https://media.thedonald.win/post/rpoEPMMn.jpeg

In conclusion, the earth is flat and donald trump is playing fifth dimension age of aquarius chess every time he farts.
What I found most interesting was, the Atlanta late-nite ballot counting CCTV video was completely ignored by the MSM for two days. Then, all at once, every outlet had the same 'debunking' line: those aren't 'suitcases'; they're standard ballot moving totes. So I googled, and indeed they are.

SO FUCKING WHAT?

Those ballots were stashed during the day under a table, only retrieved and processed after the GOP poll-watchers had been tricked into leaving. Those ballots were the ones that put Biden over the top in GA, coming in at 97-3 for the senescent gimp.

Show me the chain of control of those ballots.
Let me examine each ballot.
Let me verify each signature and address.

If you've got nothing to hide, and these are not the droids I'm looking for, you'll gladly let me do that.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: those aren't 'suitcases'; they're standard ballot moving totes. So I googled, and indeed they are.
Even Scott Adams sang that song today. He's frequently silly & wrong. In this case-- he was playing Devil's Advocate.
He compared the Georgia Election video to the Nick Sandman/Covington Catholic video. Warning against jumping to desired conclusions.

But-- a giant problem with Scott Adams is-- he thinks it's cute & clever to play mind games with his own audience.
Some of his Devil's Advocate arguments were pure shit. I wouldn't put it past him to argue against something-- poorly-- to bait listeners into arguing For that same thing-- vehemently.

==
Today I was thinking about One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. McMurphy arrived in the psych ward & stirred-up the zombie-malaise of the other (pathetic) men. He interrupted the institutional inevitability of Nurse Ratched. And it doesn't-much-matter if McMurphy was a saint under his rough exterior--- or a narcissistic sociopath who rightly belonged in prison for the statuatory rape charge which landed him in the psych hospital. Either way, he woke up the drowsy patients, showed them how to stand up for themselves.

Trump's election challenges may not win him another term. But enough people see exactly-how dirty voting is, now... to make life much harder for The Democrat Machine to pull the same stunts. He has shown Repubs how to fight-- and exposed which GOP 'leaders' refuse to actually lead. He has raised doubts about whether Dem strongholds are really strongly held/ or illusions. Which invites Republicans to hit those areas hard next-election... to see whether they stand or crumble.

Or maybe he'll go the way of Ron Paul. Fading-out with not-much follow-up to his trailblazing.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Where's Waldo crowd-sourcing intensifies

https://media.thedonald.win/post/BPO2fcpT.jpeg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

To be clear:
The woman on the lower left is Georgia State Senator Elena Parent, Democrat representing District 42 -- Dekalb County.
The woman on the lower right is Georgia State Senator Jennifer Jordan, Democrat representing District 6 -- Atlanta in Fulton County.

The upper photo is purportedly the same two women-- participating at the Vote Counting at the State Farm Arena in Fulton County.

Both these women faced re-election in 2020.
Presumably, there are thousands of ballots all-around Jennifer Jordon, on which her name is listed as a candidate.