Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads

MarcusAu

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by MarcusAu »

Steersman wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: Probably seems a bit partisan to some - but the end comment was an interesting take...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1458121381766369287
The bit about dinosaurs? :-) Bit of a simplistic "just-so story" typical of evolutionary biology, but metaphorically speaking of some justification.

Though don't think his suggestion that "women" without a "man" are lost, are not able to have a "fulfilling life" holds a lot of water. But some sympathy for his criticisms of "happy wife, happy life BS" and of feminism.

No doubt women are "oppressed" - though more by their biology than by "The Patriarchy (!!11!!") - but too much of feminism is less a credible philosophy than more a political project which attempts to repudiate and, one might tentatively suggest, emasculate and bastardize science. Lysenkoism writ large.

See this by a more or less sensible feminist, Amia Srinivasn: "Does feminist philosophy rest on a mistake?" ("a conflation of epistemology and politics"):

https://users.ox.ac.uk/~corp1468/Resear ... 20talk.pdf
Perhaps there are other candidates that can make the case...

https://www.inquirer.com/news/sean-parn ... 11122.html

Perception being what it is to the general public...

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: Classic Steersman: asks a compound-question-- containing multiple question marks/ peculiar use of quote marks/ a digressive half-ellipsis with no return to the main question/ and the query [snip]
You depress me, sir. Compared to Steerzo's writing skills, my blunt-trauma "writing" style must be horrible to endure...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote:
Service Dog wrote: Classic Steersman: asks a compound-question-- containing multiple question marks/ peculiar use of quote marks/ a digressive half-ellipsis with no return to the main question/ and the query [snip]
You depress me, sir. Compared to Steerzo's writing skills, my blunt-trauma "writing" style must be horrible to endure...
Oh it's not so bad.

Better than speaking to you in person anyway.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote: Compared to Steerzo's writing skills, my blunt-trauma "writing" style must be horrible to endure...
Your words are pure poetry, like the song of a migrating bird, or a wandering Buddhist's prayer. And when those last-two ain't occupying the 'sill, it's always a delight to behold Bhurzo's bum oot the windae.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: Better than speaking to you in person anyway.
At the risk of pulling a Greg Laden, it will be a dark chapter in your personal history if we ever meet.

(Death by pints!)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: Your words are pure poetry, like the song of a migrating bird, or a wandering Buddhist's prayer. And when those last-two ain't occupying the 'sill, it's always a delight to behold Bhurzo's bum oot the windae.
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... on-Gif.gif

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote:
Service Dog wrote: Your words are pure poetry, like the song of a migrating bird, or a wandering Buddhist's prayer. And when those last-two ain't occupying the 'sill, it's always a delight to behold Bhurzo's bum oot the windae.
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... on-Gif.gif
:) Brought a tear to my eye too. At least a smile to my face ;)

But thanks for the earlier compliment. Though that might be partly due to Socrates' observation that if one marries well then one will be happy but if not then one will become a philosopher. Certainly learn stoicism if not fatalism at the sharp end of the stick ;)

But PZ would probably disagree with you though he's probably rather less sympathetic to anything I have to say than anyone here: :)

Tweets_PZ_Myers_Accolades_1A.jpg
(80.04 KiB) Downloaded 164 times

But you're no slouch; was planning to watch the new Dune movie, partly on your recommendations. I see it's available now on my ISP though at $25 I might wait awhile. But watched the original last night on a movie channel that was without ads so a few extra scenes that I hadn't seen before. I've of course read several books in the series, one or two a couple of times, and think it's a pretty good story, but the reviews were rather less than "glowing":
Roger Ebert gave Dune one star out of four, and wrote, "This movie is a real mess, an incomprehensible, ugly, unstructured, pointless excursion into the murkier realms of one of the most confusing screenplays of all time."[22] Ebert added: "The movie's plot will no doubt mean more to people who've read Herbert than to those who are walking in cold",[22] and later named it "the worst movie of the year."[23] On At the Movies with Gene Siskel and Ebert, Siskel began his review by saying "it's physically ugly, it contains at least a dozen gory gross-out scenes, some of its special effects are cheap—surprisingly cheap because this film cost a reported $40–45 million—and its story is confusing beyond belief. In case I haven't made myself clear, I hated watching this film.
"Intellectuals" for you, and ones that are probably anything but sci-fi fans. Though he has something of a point with his "dozen gory gross-out scenes"; not sure that they were ever part of the novel and just the "poetic license" of the director, David Lynch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_(1984_film)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Steersman wrote: But thanks for the earlier compliment.
I love this forum. Everyone, zero exceptions, makes it the place it is. Sure, some people might be a bit dry for my tastes, a touch too serious, but at the end of the page, all is good. I just wish the in-fighting would calm down a little bit, we're a team and should at least try to iron out our differences in a less confrontational manner.

(there's my inner hippy again, curse his patchouli reeking ass!)
Steersman wrote: Certainly learn stoicism if not fatalism at the sharp end of the stick ;)
I once went on the honk with a vertically pointing collar bone. Post-rugby injury, excruciating pain but refused to show it or allow a wobbly bone to get in the way of drinking, jigging, women and drunken boxing. Would that qualify as stoicism or was it plain old stupidity?

Either way, I managed to tap-off with a right beauty although she thought my post-coital tears had something to do with emotions!
Steersman wrote: But PZ would probably disagree with you though he's probably rather less sympathetic to anything I have to say than anyone here: :)
I'm sure you struggle to sleep at night :P
Steersman wrote: But you're no slouch; was planning to watch the new Dune movie, partly on your recommendations. I see it's available now on my ISP though at $25 I might wait awhile.
I've probably watched it five or six times now. Very, very good adaptation of the source material. High praise when you consider I didn't want to like it due to rumours of SJW content.
Steersman wrote: But watched the original last night on a movie channel that was without ads so a few extra scenes that I hadn't seen before. I've of course read several books in the series, one or two a couple of times, and think it's a pretty good story, but the reviews were rather less than "glowing":
I still love the Lynch movie, flaws and all. Oh, and the musical score is probably one of the best things about the original!
Steersman wrote: Though he has something of a point with his "dozen gory gross-out scenes"; not sure that they were ever part of the novel and just the "poetic license" of the director, David Lynch.
That's just David Lynch for you. Have you seen "Eraserhead" at all? Still think it's one of the most disturbing things ever filmed even though I'm a huge fan of Chris Cunningham and his bat-shit video art shenanigans!

Music: "Only you" by "Portishead" - lead vocalist, Beth Gibbons, is my #1 favourite voice in music! Music to truly tame the savage beast...

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Interesting thread

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

And in other animal news, Micky Dolenz is the last surviving Monkey:
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/r-p ... 00949.html

Keating

Post by Keating »

I've just learned Gazi Kodzo is a Trump voter. I don't know how to feel about this.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Keating wrote: I've just learned Gazi Kodzo is a Trump voter. I don't know how to feel about this.
Let's play a game. Drop the needle at a random spot anywhere in the 2019 video, below... and report-back on the first thing you hear Der SchvartzenFuhrer say.
Is it a crazy prediction which turned-out to be true?
Is it a subjective opinion-- you agree with?
Is it a statement of fact?

I'll go first: circa 19min... "Nobody knew who Barack Obama was, until the Democratic Party selected him. Then they called-up... what's her name?-- the Mammy?-- Oprah. They put him on Oprah to introduce him..."

Verdict: Sounds legit.

After-that Gazi blurts-out the cliché that Trump was his own man/ not owned by powerful donors/ because he was rich.

Oh man... What if Gazi is a super-boring Trump supporter?!... like yer aunt on Facebook.... with all the extra-mild Boomer Talking Points !

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

uhhhh.... wrong link there.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote:
Steersman wrote:
<snip>

See this by a more or less sensible feminist, Amia Srinivasn: "Does feminist philosophy rest on a mistake?" ("a conflation of epistemology and politics"):

https://users.ox.ac.uk/~corp1468/Resear ... 20talk.pdf
Perhaps there are other candidates that can make the case...

https://www.inquirer.com/news/sean-parn ... 11122.html

Perception being what it is to the general public...
Guy definitely seems like a bit of a dick - his testimony didn't seem to impress the judge to any great extent.

But not sure to what extent that that might detract from his criticisms of feminism. Particularly when many "female" feminists make similar or related criticisms.

Sadly, too many of the "general public" are more motivated by what feels good than by what is actually "true" - as Carl Sagan suggested.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote:
Steersman wrote: But thanks for the earlier compliment.
I love this forum. Everyone, zero exceptions, makes it the place it is. Sure, some people might be a bit dry for my tastes, a touch too serious, but at the end of the page, all is good. I just wish the in-fighting would calm down a little bit, we're a team and should at least try to iron out our differences in a less confrontational manner.
Agreed. One of the better forums around, little to no evidence of any official "party line" that members fall all over themselves trying to pander to; certainly nothing like the many places that are little better than proverbial echo chambers.

But I hear you.
Bhurzum wrote: (there's my inner hippy again, curse his patchouli reeking ass!)
For shame! ;-)
Bhurzum wrote:
Steersman wrote: Certainly learn stoicism if not fatalism at the sharp end of the stick ;)
I once went on the honk with a vertically pointing collar bone. Post-rugby injury, excruciating pain but refused to show it or allow a wobbly bone to get in the way of drinking, jigging, women and drunken boxing. Would that qualify as stoicism or was it plain old stupidity?
:-) Can't say that I ever did anything quite as crazy. Though I remember a drunken party at the residences during my abortive attempt at a university education where I fell out of an open doorway. Only a couple of feet to the ground but I caught my wrist on a nail and had to be taken to the hospital for a few stitches.

But certainly remember a few other cases where I'm lucky I didn't wind up with at least an honourable mention in the Darwin Awards. Definitely "plain old stupidity". :-)
Bhurzum wrote: Either way, I managed to tap-off with a right beauty although she thought my post-coital tears had something to do with emotions!
No doubt, a scurrilous rumour ... :-)
Bhurzum wrote:
Steersman wrote: But PZ would probably disagree with you though he's probably rather less sympathetic to anything I have to say than anyone here: :)
I'm sure you struggle to sleep at night :P
:-) Though his criticisms stung a bit as there is some merit to them. Takes some time and effort to write well - and succinctly. Partly why I ponied up a couple of hundred bucks for some professional editing services for my Wikipedia's Lysenkoism article.

<snip>
Bhurzum wrote: That's just David Lynch for you. Have you seen "Eraserhead" at all? Still think it's one of the most disturbing things ever filmed even though I'm a huge fan of Chris Cunningham and his bat-shit video art shenanigans!
Have heard about it but can't say that I have, though may look for it. Saw his Mulholland Drive - "ranked 28th in the 2012 Sight & Sound critics' poll of the best films ever made" - some years ago; definitely left me shaking my head - "what the hell did I just see?"; should rewatch it.
Bhurzum wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zZ_58J2j8M

Music: "Only you" by "Portishead" - lead vocalist, Beth Gibbons, is my #1 favourite voice in music! Music to truly tame the savage beast...
Bookmarked. :-)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote: That's just David Lynch for you. Have you seen "Eraserhead" at all? Still think it's one of the most disturbing things ever filmed even though I'm a huge fan of Chris Cunningham and his bat-shit video art shenanigans!
I wasn't sure whether 'Jodorowsky's Dune' would be your cup of Barbarella... but, based on these selections... I think there's much for you to enjoy.

In a perfect world, you woulda met Jodo & talked-him into taking another crack at it.

Or Chris Cunningham!... using that guy from The Prodigy as a Harkonnen, and guild navigator Aphex Twin, shrivelled ol' Bjork as a bene gesserit witch and and and

https://fmovies.wtf/movie/jodorowskys-dune-okr4/0-full

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote: Portishead
I don't hear Portishead mentioned-much (last time, it was you/here)... but I just remembered a singer from the 90's...

I thought she overlapped with your Beth. Jazz/rock/danceclub-music guys I grew up with (and made a little bit of music with) played on this, with her... back in the last millenium...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: [Rittenhouse] appearance with Sydney Watson and Elijah Schaffer was amusing, although I did think Schaffer was pushing the jokiness a bit too far
I watched more of that-- it confirmed my previous distate for the interviewers.

Prosecutor Binger has given an interview about Rittenhouse-- to a New York attorney's podcast. It's... completely unhinged.

Multiple mentions of Kyle's "automatic" weapon. Binger doubts Kyle's sincerity-- in protecting Kenosha-- because he chose to defend a Used Car Lot, not a school or church. (Kyle literally cleaned graffiti off a school/ earlier that day; and-- that night-- Kyle put-out a CHURCH ON FIRE set by the arsonists. In the trial-- Binger framed putting-out the church fire-- as an act of provocation: "Didn't you know that would anger people?")

In the interview-- Binger complains that Rittenhouse-defenders think "only Kyle" had the right to shoot people... stopping the riot/arson/looters. Binger contends the rioters/arsonists/looters had an EQUAL RIGHT to be out shooting people. It's nuts.

https://nysba.org/prosecutor-defends-de ... -mistakes/

If you 1.) are woefully deprived of human contact-- or 2.) don't value your time at all-- I'd recommend the Rekieta livestream listening-party... of the Binger interview. But... _only_ under circumstances 1 or 2. It contains some true gems of insight-- about what's-wrong with criminal justice today-- but that's buried under tons and tons of aimless smalltalk. And they can't go 5 seconds-- without hitting 'pause'... because that's how often Binger says something false or outlandish.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: I thought she overlapped with your Beth. Jazz/rock/danceclub-music guys I grew up with (and made a little bit of music with) played on this, with her... back in the last millenium...

houtu.be/WrPP4k3PB9I
Hey, that's pretty darned catchy. Not my usual taste in music (if such a thing even exists anymore) but happily toe-tapped my way through the song. Yes, she has a very similar "breathy" (?) quality to her voice which really lends itself to the song. Will definitely listen to this again - thanks for the link!

Whilst we're on the subject of songbirds (feminist outrage in 3...2...1...), I've also got a massive soft spot for Liz Fraser (Massive Attack, Cocteau Twins, etc) and her ethereal voice. She often draws flak for the way she puts the emphasis on the "wrong" parts of words as she sings or her odd accent. Personally, I think she sounds absolutely amazing!

(I know I've linked this before but it's a fave!)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Steersman wrote: "Intellectuals" for you, and ones that are probably anything but sci-fi fans. Though he has something of a point with his "dozen gory gross-out scenes"; not sure that they were ever part of the novel and just the "poetic license" of the director, David Lynch
Don't know what you are talking about I'm sure.

But have a complementary shot...

John D

Post by John D »

Bhurzum wrote:

Whilst we're on the subject of songbirds (feminist outrage in 3...2...1...), I've also got a massive soft spot for Liz Fraser (Massive Attack, Cocteau Twins, etc) and her ethereal voice. She often draws flak for the way she puts the emphasis on the "wrong" parts of words as she sings or her odd accent. Personally, I think she sounds absolutely amazing!
I love the Cocteau Twins... you can't understand the lyrics... well... a few words pop out. But, I don't care. The sound is so captivating. I played this over and over again when it first came out.

"Lyrics are just a trick to get people to listen to music for longer than they normally would." - David Byrne

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I had a crush on Michael Nesmith when I was a kid (Nick at Night, I'm not 70 you assholes)

Bhurzum, say hi!

John D

Post by John D »

The "Dune" journey as told by John D -

Read the book when I was a teen. Fucking mind blown. It was probably 1977 or 78. Nothing like it in my experience. Sci fi... medieval adventure.. strange religious mysticism. All this in one book. Weird stuff got stuck in my memory... the "Orange Catholic Bible" for example. It was... well... kind of mind blown.

Then the movie came out. A very odd experience. Some of it was delightful and some a bit odd. The gross behaviors of the Harkonens was one of the best parts. It was not in the book, but it had the right dark disgusting feel. The scene where the doctor lances the boils on the baron and talks about how he loves the baron's disease. Man. WTF. Really pretty creatively edgy in my view. But... alas... the movie needed to be made in two parts. No one was making series two part movies at the time. If it had been five or six hours the film would now be considered a masterpiece. The flaws are not the sets, or characters, of effects... the flaw is THE PLOT. The first five minutes of the movie is a talking head (the princess to boot... who the fuck is the princess... really). Terrible storytelling technique. Most of the audience had checked out in the first five minutes. So disappointing.

So... then... last year a listened to Dune on audio. It didn't age that well in my mind. Perhaps now that I am 60 I can see where all the writing techniques come from. Also, there is a complete lack of logic to the technology. The technology is contrived in order to add the mystery to the story, but it is super fake. They have giant ships that travel in time, but they don't have a decent library? Crazy. And the shield technology is just a way to make sure the characters fight with swords. (oh... and by the way... you have to use a sword or the whole world blows up... yeah... that works!) I enjoyed reading it again... but it had very little impact on me except that I remembered my first reading. I just read Ivanhoe.... haha. Dune is like Ivanhoe with a few odd planets stuck in the mix. It is simply a medieval adventure story.

And finally... I watched that latest film with my wife a couple of weeks ago. It followed the story very faithfully... but... I found it bland and predictable. The effects and characters and pacing where just like any other sci fi movie in the last decade. Boring. I found my interest drifting.

Just my experience. Your fuel mileage may vary.

John D

Post by John D »

So... this fucking scene. I think it is amazing. Still fascinating to watch after all these years. Disgusting and dark and way over the top. In my view... these scenes are some of the best in the film.

John D

Post by John D »

I posted this here already. Just thought I would share with the pyt. That... I posted this on Facebook and they took it down claiming they fact checked it as false. I am sure the truth is that they take down everything McCullough is associated with.

In the mean time.... Public TV presents a diet quack named Doctor G to raise funds. His presentation is full of lies and it is funded, in part, by my tax money. Fucking clown world. Dr. G actually fraudulently sent my wife a bunch of supplements attached to a paypal order she made. She had to contact the vendor and they said that the $400 order of Dr. G supplements was an error...but...that she didn't need to send them back. They credited her paypal account. Total fraud... an old trick... bill for something that was not ordered. Send $20 dollars worth of product...bill $400... and then apologize. Many people will not even catch the error and Dr. G can sell his fake pills.

https://www.ripbs.org/programs/longevit ... en-gundry/

John D

Post by John D »

I am posting a lot today. This is quite good.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: my blunt-trauma "writing" style must be horrible to endure...
You do quite well for someone not writing in their native language.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: Music: "Only you" by "Portishead" - lead vocalist, Beth Gibbons, is my #1 favourite voice in music! Music to truly tame the savage beast...
You might like Murdoch

https://www.murdochband.com

Lead singer is Janet La Valley, the sultry, sexy, slightly scary vocalist from my favorite (and somewhat dark) band from Boston, Tribe.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: You do quite well for someone not writing in their native language.
Whit ye oan aboot, ya pure roaster?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: Music: "Only you" by "Portishead" - lead vocalist, Beth Gibbons, is my #1 favourite voice in music! Music to truly tame the savage beast...
You might like Murdoch

https://www.murdochband.com

Lead singer is Janet La Valley, the sultry, sexy, slightly scary vocalist from my favorite (and somewhat dark) band from Boston, Tribe.
Giving them a spin now. "Bad dreaming" was pretty good, sort of goth-y with great vocals!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Here's Janet's full range from sultry to near screaming:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

This is a well-done data-analysis of a poorly-done data analysis.

John D

Post by John D »

Proof the two handed wielding is NOT effective.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Jussie Smollett LIED to Kamala & Michelle Obama & The View & everyone who believed & supported him.

They should be very angry. They are his VICTIMS. He TRICKED THEM into broadcasting Fake News, right?

um.

right?

And yet... watch this magnificent segment from The View, in-which the usually-vicious hags exhibit a saintly :fpig: charitable forgiveness toward Jussie. They offer "nuance" & extenuating alibis.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/12 ... be-a-hoax/

Maybe-just-maybe they aren't 'victims' at-all. But co-conspirators. Maybe they were active-participants in Jussie's lies.

the Body Language Panel explains:

https://youtu.be/qyMqC632Zxc?t=472

Or-- this colorful explanation, from Kathy Bates on 'The Office' :clap:

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote: This is a well-done data-analysis of a poorly-done data analysis.

Briana is the second person I want to give a good spanking to... right after Psaki. Actually... they should be spanked at the same time. Ahhh... such thoughts to help me drift off to sleep tonight. Little red bottoms.... DON'T JUDGE ME!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote:
Steersman wrote: "Intellectuals" for you, and ones that are probably anything but sci-fi fans. Though he has something of a point with his "dozen gory gross-out scenes"; not sure that they were ever part of the novel and just the "poetic license" of the director, David Lynch
Don't know what you are talking about I'm sure.
I'm sure ... ;-)
MarcusAu wrote: But have a complementary shot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJrIi1CWwhc
Not the worst of the lot - or best depending on one's "tastes".

Still, like most, seems more a case of gratuitous cruelty - no rhyme or reason or edge behind it. Now if Thufir had been a Blofeld character and that had been his cat in the cage ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Stavro_Blofeld

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

lemme guess -- a French teacher?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://media.communities.win/post/DMZeCQDE.jpeg

https://media.patriots.win/post/vEL0rmpI.png

And Now,
In the interest
of Fair'n'Balanced
Equal Time...

some Left Wing Memes...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Ah, the joys of not being able to sleep...

No doubt I'll draw flak for my white privilege, horrible racism and obvious links to Der Orangegruppenfuher.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Just found a sparrow had managed to get its head stuck between two rails in the fence between me and the neighbours. I helped it out, but it's already dark. Not sure if it'll survive.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

For all the talk of Dune...

I think I enjoyed 'Hawk the Slayer' more.

It's not rubbish...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: I think I enjoyed 'Hawk the Slayer' more.
I used to collect "bad" fantasy movies, mainly mass-produced dross from the 80's, and still insist that this is the gold standard of the genre:

More ham than a sandwich factory and a plot that's more by-the-numbers than a military drill parade - but fuck me, it's entertaining!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote: The "Dune" journey as told by John D...
All very well, as far as it goes...

Which is not far enough.

I have time (as the Hatter said) and an Audible subscription.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
I used to collect "bad" fantasy movies, mainly mass-produced dross from the 80's, and still insist that this is the gold standard of the genre:

More ham than a sandwich factory and a plot that's more by-the-numbers than a military drill parade - but fuck me, it's entertaining!
I watch them sometimes on amazon prime for the camp. But mostly for the titties.

John D

Post by John D »

Youall know I am not very religious. But, I have to say this is the sweetest Xmas song ever. I don't know why it never went to number one. Best Xmas song (except for Silent Night).

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Saturday Night Live had another cast member fill-in for Alec Baldwin last night.

The resemblance was uncanny.

https://media.patriots.win/post/ms1gj6GE.png

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote: Saturday Night Live had another cast member fill-in for Alec Baldwin last night.

The resemblance was uncanny.

https://media.patriots.win/post/ms1gj6GE.png
I have this idea. In the US, since most people will encounter guns, they should teach basic gun safety in publics school. They teach all kinds of other stuff... like how to use birth control. Why not teach about guns. DON'T put your finger in the trigger guard until you are ready to shoot! WTF! Jesus Christ. Half the country knows how to use guns and half the country thinks they are odd violent toys. I say that if you put your finger on the trigger in a comedy sketch you are fired. What the fuck is wrong with these libs? They are fucking idiots.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:

I watch them sometimes on amazon prime for the camp. But mostly for the titties.
Matt has seen at least 50 pix of my tids since I returned

My plan is to desensitize him to boobs

Long term study

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Lockdowners and vaxx mandaters can suck my dick

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

another lurker wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
<snip>

Long term study
Don't think this really counts ... ;-)
Though I certainly appreciate the link.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote: Ah, the joys of not being able to sleep...

https://twitter.com/Bhurzum/status/1469914563252469760

No doubt I'll draw flak for my white privilege, horrible racism and obvious links to Der Orangegruppenfuher.
"white dudes" - almost as bad as the niggers and the cunts ... ;-)

Tweets_SteersMann_Bhurzum_WhiteDudes1A.jpeg
(100.26 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

But a well-populated field of contenders for the "prize". Though who's the native fellow in the top right?

However, while it's fun to point and laugh - and a big market for it given The Onion and the Babylon Bee - and while there's a great deal of justification for it, particularly given Jefferson's quip about "unintelligible propositions", I think it's also important to move the front lines to the front doorsteps of the "woke" and their minions & "useful idiots" - so to speak:

JeffersonRidicule.jpg
(39.2 KiB) Downloaded 46 times

And hard to imagine a more "unintelligible proposition" than much of "gender ideology" - not that I want to be overly "confrontational" ;-)

But somewhat apropos of that, see my recent comment on Shrier's Substack: :-)

https://abigailshrier.substack.com/p/wh ... nt/3963706

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote:
I have this idea. In the US, since most people will encounter guns, they should teach basic gun safety in publics school. They teach all kinds of other stuff... like how to use birth control. Why not teach about guns. DON'T put your finger in the trigger guard until you are ready to shoot! WTF! Jesus Christ. Half the country knows how to use guns and half the country thinks they are odd violent toys. I say that if you put your finger on the trigger in a comedy sketch you are fired. What the fuck is wrong with these libs? They are fucking idiots.
Seeing as the clown in question had an abortion on her 23rd birthday, she didn't learn jack shit about birth control, either.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote:

Long term study
Results inconclusive. Need more data.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:18 pm
another lurker wrote:

Long term study
Results inconclusive. Need more data.
I just sent Matt 8 more pic of my boobs

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote: I just sent Matt 8 more pic of my boobs
And they are stunning
► Show Spoiler

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
another lurker wrote: I just sent Matt 8 more pic of my boobs
And they are stunning
► Show Spoiler
Dammit - I got the lotion out for nothing.

Also, I have never wanted to forearm-slam someone so bad in my life! Sneering lefty tosser badly needs a hard physical warning...

(Candace is hawt as fuck when she gets mad!)