Back to Conspiratoria

ThreeFlangedJavis

Re: Back to Conspiratoria

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Service Dog wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:43 pm
Harris told Triggernometry that Trump is "sui generis". And also Alex Jones is identical-to "sui generis" Trump. And all of Trump's supporters are ALSO Uniquely The Worst.

Add to that all the devout followers of Islam... "the motherlode of all bad ideas", according to Sam...

71 million voters here... a billion muzzies there... that's gonna add-up to some serious numbers, eventually.

Ben Affleck is starting to look like the calm sane one, in that old Bill Maher episode.

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: America can reform to it's heart's content, but the global environment it exists in is going to change regardless, and not for the better, while it navel-gazes.
You are correct. And yet, I stand by my point. I think that Gad Saad clip above put it well... about the constant barrage of "existential emergencies" which Americans have-been subjected-to, and sacrifice our principles-for... NOT justifying "any means necessary".

We've been prodded & forced-- to march in lockstep with the Party Line on Covid, the "hero" nurses & bully teachers-unions, on Orange Man "Sui Generis" Bad, on all the woke agendas, and old stuff, like Vietnam. I think saying "no more!" & opting-out Until Things Improve is a potent & legitimate choice.
Correct me if I am wrong, but you appear to be advocating choosing positions based on their being in opposition to the positions of others. Where've we seen that recently! You don't have to care what any political faction says about an issue in order to have an informed opinion. If I were Ukrainian I would perhaps understand if Americans said straight out that they placed their economic interests above Ukrainian welfare, but if they said they couldn't help because they didn't trust some other people who had nothing at all to do with what's happening in Ukraine I'd be scratching my head.

ThreeFlangedJavis

At FTP, more on Dugin.

If you can put up with the boringly precise delivery and lack of sensationalism then see what Vexler has to say about that nice Mr Dugin. In a nutshell, Putin's brain my ass! He's well known and has some influence, but not on Putin who is influenced by much earlier figures. He's more of an opinion follower than leader. He's somehow managed to get a reputation in the West as Putin's man that is undeserved.

ThreeFlangedJavis

fuzzy wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:07 pm
Dugina's [alleged] murderer identified.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... a-assassin
Don't believe! Ukraine would have to have been insane to kill Dugina. There is no upside in that. She wasn't anywhere near the most influential anti-Ukrainian propagandist and her age and gender make her a relatively sympathetic victim. The Ukrainians would know that this can only help Putin popularise his war. It also facilitates the ratcheting up of authoritarian measures inside Russia.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: ...you appear to be advocating choosing positions based on their being in opposition to the positions of others. Where've we seen that recently! You don't have to care what any political faction says about an issue in order to have an informed opinion. If I were Ukrainian I would perhaps understand if Americans said straight out that they placed their economic interests above Ukrainian welfare, but if they said they couldn't help because they didn't trust some other people who had nothing at all to do with what's happening in Ukraine I'd be scratching my head.
I don't think your interpretation is completely wrong.

If someone with an American Flag on their hat knocks on my door in the middle of the night and tells me I have to hurry hurry hurry no time to explain quick take this needle... now climb out the window and down the fire escape and into my neighbors' apartments & inject them in their sleep it's for their own good...

Nothing about that scenario directly-changes the truth... of whether my neighbor is actually going to transform into a zombie, if I don't act. Nor does it change whether the juice in the needle actually halts the transformation.

You seem to be accusing me (and others, such as Tucker Carlson) of knowing damn-well the juice works... sacrificing a principled adherence to truth in the service of a pre-existing, un-related grudge I have against against the Flag Hat Guy.

I don't think that accusation-against-me fits-- in the case of Putin&Ukraine. I also plead Not Guilty in other instances I can think-of. Such as when Lsuoma falsely-accused me of opinions-about-Ivermectin... which did not match my actual, more skeptical, words:
http://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php ... 0&p=504899

However...

I can also think of examples where your suspicion would be more warranted. For example-- I admit to "malicious compliance" when it comes to trans-men competing in women's & girl's sports. Rather than judge the issue narrowly on whether the competition is fairly-matched... I prefer to stand-aside & sacrifice the women who get trounced by fake-women... in the service of my grudges against Feminists... who are nowhere near the playing field. The same is true of Abortion. I :violin: while legal abortion burns-- not from a principled stand on that specific issue. But as an act of gamesmanship in the broader culture war. I hope the Progressives have over-extended their 'supply lines' in pursuit of obscure doctrines and demented Libs of TikTok cases... leaving their core issue of Abortion undefended. I stand still & mute rather than rush to help them save their flag.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

fafnir wrote:
Basement wrote: <snip>
LOL a "skeptic" website. I haven't been on one of those in years. What a dead fucking movement.
I do like this place though, it's kind of a remnant that became it's own thing.
I know. It's like a cockroach whose head has been cut off, but it's body keeps wandering around without any sense organs. They still quote Pinker as if he was relevant. This place may get a bit sad and gloomy from time to time about what it was, but the height they fell from, what they thought they were.... Half the posters would have fit right in at Pharyngula. Some older posters have dedicated 20 years to it. Now they have Steersman arguing with d4m10n while a crowd sub-pharyngula trolls look on. It looks more like Bartertown in Mad Max 3 every day. Some of them used to lecture people who paid to hear them talk and be met with applause. Now they can't even manage a hysterical sex abuse panic. Even that kind of relevance is in the past.
"sub-pharyngula trolls", indeed. But thanks for the earlier heads-up about the site - haven't had as much fun in ages ... ;)

But definitely a bit of a joke site - I'd been chastised about the ears, several times for my "incivility". I was sure I'd fallen in with a bunch of maiden aunts, with Ceepolk (?) and their/its like from Atheism Plus.

Still, some changes in the wind; some at least considering some merit to my arguments:
Lithrael;13882284 wrote:Okay, wait, I must have missed a lot from earlier in the thread. I’m on board with having a specific term for ‘currently producing/able to produce/full of viable gametes’ that would exclude postmenopausal women, babies, etc.
:thumbsup: :) Progress! Early adopter's badge! With oak-leaf cluster! ;)
Don't have the link handy since they have some ridiculous restrictions on how often or how quickly one can do searches.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Correct me if I am wrong, but you appear to be advocating choosing positions based on their being in opposition to the positions of others.
No, he isn't.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Steersman wrote: "sub-pharyngula trolls", indeed. But thanks for the earlier heads-up about the site - haven't had as much fun in ages ... ;)
You are most welcome. I know d4m10n in particular was thrilled to see you. Those threads just shouted Steersman! What to do, but light the beacon.
Steersman wrote: But definitely a bit of a joke site - I'd been chastised about the ears, several times for my "incivility". I was sure I'd fallen in with a bunch of maiden aunts, with Ceepolk (?) and their/its like from Atheism Plus.
They are a weird mix. I'm not sure they quite know what to make of you. That main thread has been going for a couple of years, I think. I'm sure they'll get accustomed to you in a year or two if you keep at it.
Steersman wrote: Don't have the link handy since they have some ridiculous restrictions on how often or how quickly one can do searches.
It's a high traffic site, if they just let people search it they could easily be overwhelmed by the traffic. There might be five, six or even ten searches in a single day. They aren't Google!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote: Honestly.... I am thinking... if meditation and LSD did this to Sam Harris, then I may rethink my plans. WTF?
Or just find a new Guru....

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Topic
Richard Dawkins - Flights of Fancy: Defying Gravity by Design and Evolution

Description
Have you ever dreamt you could fly? Or imagined what it would be like to glide and swoop through the sky like a bird? Do you let your mind soar to unknown, magical spaces?

In Flights of Fancy, Richard Dawkins explains how nature and humans have learned to overcome the pull of gravity and take to the skies. From the mythical Icarus, to the sadly extinct but spectacular bird Argentavis magnificens, from the Wright flyer and the 747, to the Tinkerbella fairyfly and the Peregrine falcon. But it is also about flights of the mind, about escaping the everyday – through science, ideas and imagination. Fascinating and beautifully illustrated, this is a unique collaboration between one of the world’s leading scientists and a talented artist.

Dawkins will be interviewed on his latest book by professor Jerry Coyne.
https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/registe ... ail_082322

Once upon a time, this would've interested me. Now, I yawn just reading the description. I'm researching & shopping for tractor attachments at the moment, an exhilarating exercise for me.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:07 pm
Dugina's [alleged] murderer identified.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... a-assassin
Don't believe! Ukraine would have to have been insane to kill Dugina. There is no upside in that. She wasn't anywhere near the most influential anti-Ukrainian propagandist and her age and gender make her a relatively sympathetic victim. The Ukrainians would know that this can only help Putin popularise his war. It also facilitates the ratcheting up of authoritarian measures inside Russia.
So maybe she just put the wrong octane gas in her car?

John D

Post by John D »

Tomorrow is the big day for my wife's surgery. So... I went to the store to get some soap and prep stuff for her and got a call from the hospital.

Hospital: I SD there?
Me: No, but this is her husband and I am her caregiver
H: Well... we don't have full approval from your insurance company for the surgery tomorrow.
Me: Wow... okay... so what do I have to do?
H: Nothing... we just wanted you to know that the surgery may be delayed.
Me: So... let me understand... you called me to tell me things are not approved but that there is nothing I can do?
H: Yes... we just wanted to let you know.
Me: Wait... I really don't understand... you called me the day before my wife has a life threatening surgery to tell be the paperwork is not getting done on time.
H: We just wanted you to know.
Me: Why would you even call me about this? There is nothing I can do and my wife is having life threatening surgery tomorrow and you tell me there is nothing I can do.
H: Yes... we just wanted you to know that things might be delayed.
Me: Good bye.

I didn't tell my wife about this. She has been vomiting all day. She is trying to take the stuff to purge her bowels but she vomits most of it up. Her abdomen is the size of a beer kegger. She can't sleep.

This fucking cunt calls to warn me that they don't have the fucking paperwork done. God Damn. I am in a really bad mood right now.

John D

Post by John D »

Haha. Oh fuck... these are the armed IRS agents getting training!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: Haha. Oh fuck... these are the armed IRS agents getting training!
Every day is 'Flag Day' with IRS commando trainees.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: if they said they couldn't help because they didn't trust some other people who had nothing at all to do with what's happening in Ukraine I'd be scratching my head.
In 2016, US voters selected Trump over Hillary in large-part because they wanted OUT of the Bush/Clinton/Bush/Cheney/Rove/Obama/Biden/Hillary/Cheney wars.

But a rogue 'deep state' sabotaged Trump's ability to do the voters' bidding. For example... when Trump ordered the US troops on Turkey's southern border to come-home... the war-machine mainstream media suddenly wailed with phony concern for the well-being of Kurdish fighters. And the US military actively lied to President Trump-- shuffling the troops around to make him think his order had been followed. (As I recall, they told him 250 troops were still in the region, but the actual number was 750).

Our media & military attack dogs thinks they are our master and so, unfortunately for the people of Ukraine, I think Americans should refuse to obey the dog's bark... until we restore the correct hierarchy.

Another example is the role of Fauci & his crony Peter Daszak... and their shady dealings with the Wuhan Institute of Virology + the CCP... as well as their dealings with covert agencies of the US Department of Defense... as-well-as the Globalist medical establishment-- from WHO/ to Bill Gates/ to all their sock-puppets publishing at The Lancet etc.

(Perhaps Fauci announcing his retirement this week and CNN's Brian Stelter being fired from his 'Reliable Sources' propaganda broadcast, are small steps in the right direction. But it's also not nearly-enough... look at Liz Cheney refusing to accept being voted-out/ she has immediately form a PAC to raise money against the voters who rejected her.)

None of this has anything to do with the shitshow in Ukraine but, again, it has everything to do with Tucker Carlson or me telling Americans "You don't have to obey. You aren't obliged to act. You aren't derelict in your duty-- THEY are... the servants who rule us without mandate."

"Place the mask on yourself first, before attempting to help others"

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

heh.

Whilst I have conducted peace-keeping ops and have employed a trusty Browning 9mm as both my sidearm or backup for my rifle/MG, there's a vast gulf between our "style" of approach to situations like these. The closest things I've done to the scenario in the video would be a series of "hard knock" raids (Bosnia and Iraq) where we had to enter relatively unknown structures in search of known players (bad guys), arms/explosives or other illicit items.

The key differences in our "style" are speed, aggression and roughness* with the hands-on interaction. Before you know what's hit you, you're on the floor with several rifles and pistols aimed at your face, there are plasti-cuffs around your wrists and ankles and the last thing you see before the sandbag slips over your head is a psychotic looking Scotsman grinning from ear-to-ear.

Back to base, boys, it's almost time for breakfast.

(Obviously, our methods are not appropriate for dealing with random civvies!)

The students in the video sort of wander into the area, float around in a half-arsed manner and nobody seems to be sparking. There's no fire in their guts, no moving with purpose, it's all very...yawn. Also, from a procedural perspective, there's a lot of intruding into 45's (arcs of fire), weapons shifting from high to low port for no reason (laziness?), lack of attention/wandering focus and the entire group looks very inept. Obviously, this could be their first attempt at this type of drill - if that's the case, where are the instructors? They should be there, cheek-to-jowl with the students, giving advice and steering them in the correct direction.

Very strange indeed.

* Here, I'll do it before one of you bastards gets the chance...

https://caffeinatedrage.files.wordpress ... .jpg?w=290

Addendum - are there no fitness standards for the IRS? Several of those students are seriously chunky units and look like they'd struggle to climb a few flights of stairs. Yes, I'm fat-shaming and I don't give two squirts of piss.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Ah, silly question - are those actual IRS students or are they university students? I re-watched the video (with a more critical/awake set of eyes) and the "what the actual fuck are you doing?" type errors I missed on my initial (half awake) viewing have seriously mounted up.

Please tell me those are uni students having a "play" at being IRS agents?

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:35 pm

AhahahahaHAHAHAAHAHA aaha ohh man

Sam Hyde on lady cops

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

John D wrote: This fucking cunt calls to warn me that they don't have the fucking paperwork done. God Damn. I am in a really bad mood right now.
Bureaucrats gonna bureau. Hopefully they have someone over there that can start knocking the right heads.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: Ah, silly question - are those actual IRS students or are they university students? I re-watched the video (with a more critical/awake set of eyes) and the "what the actual fuck are you doing?" type errors I missed on my initial (half awake) viewing have seriously mounted up.

Please tell me those are uni students having a "play" at being IRS agents?
Yep. This video has gone 'viral', but nobody else seems to have realized what you just did. It's 'IRS Rush on Campus Day', designed to convince the dork-o future hiring prospects that auditing your fellow Americans can be glamorous. So they hang raid vests on them, stick blue training guns in their hands, and lead them down the hall for some juvenile play acting. And while there are a handful of armed IRS agents who accompany drug busts, etc., these goobers would be spending their careers as pencil-pushers.

After I inquired at each of the armed services recruiting offices when I was in high school, Sgt. Hernandez of the USMC kept calling me to say 'C'mon down -- you can shoot the guns!' It was never 'C'mon down -- you can clean the toilets!'

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Bhurzum wrote:
Addendum - are there no fitness standards for the IRS? Several of those students are seriously chunky units and look like they'd struggle to climb a few flights of stairs. Yes, I'm fat-shaming and I don't give two squirts of piss.
Too be fair, these are accountants not soldiers. I don't know why they don't just send cops in with the tax dude if they are coming after someone dangerous. When I got audited I was intimidated enough without the guy packing heat.
An ex IRS guy was writing on a different site said that the IRS sending in armed agents is extremely rare. Many Americans want to arm everyone though. I can only imagine what the training will look like when they start arming teachers.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
After I inquired at each of the armed services recruiting offices when I was in high school, Sgt. Hernandez of the USMC kept calling me to say 'C'mon down -- you can shoot the guns!' It was never 'C'mon down -- you can clean the toilets!'
planetfall.png
(490.1 KiB) Downloaded 260 times

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Bhurzum wrote:
Too be fair, these are accountants not soldiers. I don't know why they don't just send cops in with the tax dude if they are coming after someone dangerous. When I got audited I was intimidated enough without the guy packing heat.
An ex IRS guy was writing on a different site said that the IRS sending in armed agents is extremely rare. Many Americans want to arm everyone though. I can only imagine what the training will look like when they start arming teachers.
Well, if they're accountants, not soldiers, why are they doing breaching drills and waving pistols around? Also, as a few episodes of "Cops" will confirm, holding a bullet-chucker on a perp does not stop him from running. A fat IRS agent is unfit for role if that role involves firearms and arresting people.

Note - I can't stand fat-assed cops, fire fighters or paramedics either. If physical fitness, endurance and strength play a part in your ability to do your job, put down the pizza and pick up the pace, Fatty. If, for whatever reason, you can't meet the standards required, you can't do the job. Simples.

Am I being unreasonable?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... A&usqp=CAU

John D

Post by John D »

So... I watch videos from this woman on the regular. She has a really great way of birding. She can recognize the local birds and feeds them and understands their individual behavior. This video in particular is a bit of a masterpiece.... touching on being in the moment and fragility. Hope you like it. If you watch it you should watch it to the end.

free thoughtpolice

Bhurzum wrote:
Well, if they're accountants, not soldiers, why are they doing breaching drills and waving pistols around? Also, as a few episodes of "Cops" will confirm, holding a bullet-chucker on a perp does not stop him from running. A fat IRS agent is unfit for role if that role involves firearms and arresting people.
Hey I'm with you. They shouldn't be arming tax collectors or teachers. Save all that training for the cops.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: After I inquired at each of the armed services recruiting offices when I was in high school, Sgt. Hernandez of the USMC kept calling me to say 'C'mon down -- you can shoot the guns!' It was never 'C'mon down -- you can clean the toilets!'
Ah, good old recruitment. Done the job (briefly) and hated it. Basically, you're paid to lie and obfuscate.

After recruitment? Well, that was a different matter! Yes, they got to shoot the guns. They also got to clean the toilets, scrub the walls, wax/polish the floors, dust the world and learned to love their slide rule.

Good times!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: Ah, good old recruitment. Done the job (briefly) and hated it. Basically, you're paid to lie and obfuscate.
Me, to Army recruiter: "'I'd really be interested in either driving a tank or flying a helicopter."
Army recruiter: "'I don't see that as being a problem." (Meaning, 'That won't be a problem cuz we'll do with your sorry ass whatever the hell we like.')

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
planetfall.png
Mop and a pail? Ooh, you lucky bastard! My buddy in the Marines was issued a toothbrush.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Mop and a pail? Ooh, you lucky bastard! My buddy in the Marines was issued a toothbrush.
Luxury! Oh, and no, I'm not riffing on the "Yorkshire men" sketch.

Try a British Army "bumper" on for size. Just imagine a block of iron (yes, iron!) stuck to the end of a brush pole and a pad of "scotch brite" glued to the bottom of the block. They were designed for removing old layers of wax polish but after a few months of constant use, the scotch brite takes on the texture of cotton wool and is ideal for buffing fresh layers of wax polish.

https://d2ev1gaou5sisr.cloudfront.net/i ... mper-1.jpg

The image does not do justice to how utterly horrible the things are or how incredibly heavy and awkward they are to use. Also, and I'm not joking when I say this, it's standard practice to order miscreants to "bumper the ceiling" as a form of punishment. One of my mates lost nearly one stone in body weight in just over three days because the provost staff, ever a delight, ordered him to "man the bumper, always, don't wait to be told" when he was jailed for being drunk on parade.

Fucking horrible things.

free thoughtpolice

John D wrote: So... I watch videos from this woman on the regular. She has a really great way of birding. She can recognize the local birds and feeds them and understands their individual behavior. This video in particular is a bit of a masterpiece.... touching on being in the moment and fragility. Hope you like it. If you watch it you should watch it to the end.

When I was handfeeding birds and setting up feeders I could identify individuals to some degree. One was a Red-breasted Nuthatch female that I had seen almost daily for 3 years. On the last year she came with a withered leg because of something that was spreading among cavity nesters like chickadees and nuthatches get.
It is always fatal, and she didn't last long after that.
She did live past 5 years for sure and was productive and had plenty of offspring and reached an reasonable age for her species.
She lived long and prospered as it were.

John D

Post by John D »

Cancer update.

Indeed… we arrived and the doctor had not received authorization. My wife had a fit but she forgave me for keeping this from her… and… they did get authorization and all was well.

The planned 3 hour surgery took 7 hours. Doc said the cancer is throughout her abdomen. They could not remove all the cancer. Some tumors are tangled in major blood vessels. At least she doesn’t need an ostemy. I guess chemotherapy is next. She is recovering in ICU with a ventilator

Keating

Post by Keating »

:(

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

John D wrote: Cancer update.

Indeed… we arrived and the doctor had not received authorization. My wife had a fit but she forgave me for keeping this from her… and… they did get authorization and all was well.

The planned 3 hour surgery took 7 hours. Doc said the cancer is throughout her abdomen. They could not remove all the cancer. Some tumors are tangled in major blood vessels. At least she doesn’t need an ostemy. I guess chemotherapy is next. She is recovering in ICU with a ventilator
Shit, John. :(

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

John D wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:51 pm
Cancer update.

Hell. I misunderstood your earlier post to mean they'd called you apologizing they had to reschedule and thought you'd been a little harsh (understandably given the circumstances). Now I think you were too kind.

Any prognosis, or is it still too early for that?

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

This is exactly the behavior I've been seeing, but only from one of the hens. My wife still insists it's a rooster that identifies as a hen. They're about the age where we should start settling question via the Steersman test. Wait and see.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Can't remember which one of you shitlords suggest I read this...

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... Le-deL.jpg

...but it was one of my most enjoyable reads this decade! Bryson's writing style is an absolute joy and the bugger even managed to sneak a wealth of educational nuggets into the mix. Anyway, sorry I can't remember who "pushed" it onto me, thanks for the recommendation!

:dance:

John D

Post by John D »

Bhurzum wrote: Can't remember which one of you shitlords suggest I read this...
It could have been me. I read this a few years ago.

Cancer prognosis... well. My wife will never be completely rid of tumors. The tumors will grow and spread.

The treatment plan is not determined, but it will likely include chemo in the next three to six months. They will monitor the level of cancer to determine when to repeat chemo. They will regularly schedule an amniocenteses to drain fluids from her abdomen. I am guessing that she will be on and off chemo for the next few years until her body wears out from the treatment. This is how metastasized ovarian cancer usually works.

One of my best friends died from this. They caught it earlier than they did with my wife. She lived for 8 years... on and off chemo... and then her liver broke down and she died in her sleep at home. I expect something like this.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Bhurzum wrote: Can't remember which one of you shitlords suggest I read this...

[im ..g]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... Le-deL.jpg[/img]

...but it was one of my most enjoyable reads this decade! Bryson's writing style is an absolute joy and the bugger even managed to sneak a wealth of educational nuggets into the mix. Anyway, sorry I can't remember who "pushed" it onto me, thanks for the recommendation!

:dance:
I don't know if I'm the one who recommended it but it's a good read. I have other books of his that I need to get started on.

John D

Post by John D »

Stupid fart jokes. Haha. I enjoyed this video. Real high-brow stuff here.

Reminds me of a real event in my life. We were sitting on steel chairs in the bowling alley... voting on the rules for the next season of couples bowling. I had consumed a bunch of bad bowling alley food and beers. I didn't feel it coming, but I let out a giant fart. It rang off the bottom of the steel chair like a gong! Brrrrrrrooooonnnnngggggg! Haha.

It lit up the whole room and everyone immediately started laughing up a storm. I stayed in character and looked around like everyone else. Oh man. Haha.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The IRS or somebody needs to raid the home of NYC Mayor Eric "Cool Black Guy" Adams.

"...Seemingly every corner of Adams’ apartment turns out to be a hiding spot for something sinister: Behind a bookshelf, there’s a giant bag of fake cocaine; behind a picture frame, there are bullets; inside of a doll, there’s a sack of what looks like weed; inside of a pillow, another gun..."

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3dzmv/ ... -interview

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

If I use a fake gun to terrorize 3 women, in 3 separate incidents, into fearing for their lives-- I have committed a serious crime against 3 people.

But if I also steal their cars... that's merely a crime against "property".

no wait that can't be right

If I gang-up with 2 other guys, we put on masks, and we scare an asian guy... refusing to go-away when he asks us to, and-- when he tries to placate us-- we escalate...

surely that's some-kinda serious crime.

Unless we steal a pack of gum, then it's the most minor form of property crime.

--

I say this in response to the very-persuasive points Matt made, a while back about that Vegas Smoke Stab Robbery.

I just-watched Tucker Carlson describe a teen boy carjacking 3 women, which activated my inner-Columbo to scratch my head & think "Hang on, waitaminute, there's just ooone more thing which doesn't sit-right with me, I'm sure it's nothing..."

Tucker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8p0-0kvOW4

I am also reminded of the ways in-which Derek Chauven and Officer Kim "Taser Taser Taser" Potter were-charged:

In Minnesota-- there's a definition of manslaughter. But that charge can be upgraded to a higher degree of murder... if the killer was ALSO committing the crime of violating someone's civil rights... during the killing. Or if the killer was in-the-process of committing an additional felony, when the killing occurred.

So If you, for example, accidentally discharge a shotgun & shoots a bystander-- WHILE you're committing a bank robbery... your un-intended kill is upgraded to 1st or 2nd degree or Capital murder.

The thing that sucks-- for Derek Chauven... is that the Prosecutors double-dip. They count the same action twice: Putting your knee on someone's neck is a violation of their civil rights AND it's also an act of homicide.

Which, it seems to me, can easily be applied to this property-crime standard. The 'property' element doesn't erase the human element.

Yeah, I know, this is already accounted-for in Nevada's laws about when a car or domicile is violated... and other laws.

But, still, I think the "crime against property" thing gets inappropriately used to exonerate the other dimensions of crimes.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Crack pipes are government issue now.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: If I use a fake gun to terrorize 3 women, in 3 separate incidents, into fearing for their lives-- I have committed a serious crime against 3 people.

But if I also steal their cars... that's merely a crime against "property".

no wait that can't be right

If I gang-up with 2 other guys, we put on masks, and we scare an asian guy... refusing to go-away when he asks us to, and-- when he tries to placate us-- we escalate...

surely that's some-kinda serious crime.

Unless we steal a pack of gum, then it's the most minor form of property crime.

--

I say this in response to the very-persuasive points Matt made, a while back about that Vegas Smoke Stab Robbery.

I just-watched Tucker Carlson describe a teen boy carjacking 3 women, which activated my inner-Columbo to scratch my head & think "Hang on, waitaminute, there's just ooone more thing which doesn't sit-right with me, I'm sure it's nothing..."

Tucker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8p0-0kvOW4

I am also reminded of the ways in-which Derek Chauven and Officer Kim "Taser Taser Taser" Potter were-charged:

In Minnesota-- there's a definition of manslaughter. But that charge can be upgraded to a higher degree of murder... if the killer was ALSO committing the crime of violating someone's civil rights... during the killing. Or if the killer was in-the-process of committing an additional felony, when the killing occurred.

So If you, for example, accidentally discharge a shotgun & shoots a bystander-- WHILE you're committing a bank robbery... your un-intended kill is upgraded to 1st or 2nd degree or Capital murder.

The thing that sucks-- for Derek Chauven... is that the Prosecutors double-dip. They count the same action twice: Putting your knee on someone's neck is a violation of their civil rights AND it's also an act of homicide.

Which, it seems to me, can easily be applied to this property-crime standard. The 'property' element doesn't erase the human element.

Yeah, I know, this is already accounted-for in Nevada's laws about when a car or domicile is violated... and other laws.

But, still, I think the "crime against property" thing gets inappropriately used to exonerate the other dimensions of crimes.
DAs have wide latitude in the charges they file, and they also typically throw a bunch of charges at the wall to see what sticks. Soros DAs will downgrade the charges on their pets, the melaninated, while maxing and pigpiling on whites, cops, or citizens with the audacity to defend themselves.

The simplest fix would be to amend statutes to extend the presumption of imminent risk of death or great bodily harm, conceded in home invasions, to any felony where the victim is present.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote: Stupid fart jokes. Haha. I enjoyed this video. Real high-brow stuff here.
heh...I think I've seen almost every video the guy has uploaded. It started when I was babysitting my nephew (he's a huge fan of toilet humour) and the little guy showed me this channel. I was laughing my ass off at the crude, rude content and ended up searching for his stuff. Strangely enough, my #1 videos of his are the "awkward dancing on the escalator" series. If you've not seen them, I'd give 'em a spin!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Is Tucker's characterization an accurate telling of what Zuckerberg actually said?

Tucker:

The clip in question:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Mark Zuckerberg is clearly devoid of all necessary human traits such as empathy and theory of mind, is also a megalomaniac, and thus needs to be institutionalized for the safety of the general public.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The FBI must be disbanded, with about half its agents going to federal prison.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

FBI agents were ordered to not investigate Hunter's laptop, which they had in their possession, so as to not affect the outcome of the election:

https://www.ronjohnson.senate.gov/servi ... 0467F69E50

This should be as big as Watergate, but the Lying Media is ignoring this story, just as they did the laptop.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: This should be as big as Watergate, but the Lying Media is ignoring this story, just as they did the laptop.
As clichéd as it may sound, what do you think the reaction would have been if the sketchy laptop was linked to Orange Man™ or his family? We all know the media would have relentlessly covered the investigation(s), the FBI would have scoured the laptop, raided Trump's home for other suspect devices/storage media, the loony left would have destroyed cities, looted businesses, kicked the living shit out of anyone who didn't look right (probably killing a few in the process) and the democrats would have gone into a masturbation-coma.

We all know it but we're not all prepared to admit it.

I think that speaks volumes about the state of play...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: ...as big as Watergate, but the Lying Media is ignoring this story...
...the media would have relentlessly covered the investigation(s), the FBI would have scoured the laptop, raided Trump's home....
speaks volumes about the state of play...
the Loud Part quiet

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Biden raped his daughter, so the whistleblowers must go to Federal prison.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

That diary was a drug rehab assignment & her therapists had a duty to report the accusation of sex abuse, but the same FBI who covered-up years of U.S. Gymnastics team pedo-rapes... sez the Whistleblowers are criminals.

If you rape somebody, be sure to leave a $20 bill nearby so whoever collects the evidence can be charged with federal money laundering.

or, fuck it, leave a written confession.

"Dear Penthouse, I never thought these letters were real until I federally prosecuted whoever is reading this for tampering with the mail..."

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The diary was jetsam, nobody 'stole' it.

Anyone who showers with his teenaged daughter should have his balls cut off.

I believe Tara Reade. Joe shoved his fingers up her twat. Cut off his fingers, too.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Turns out my facebook was for "hate speech" directed at either a "race, ethnicity, religion, caste, physical or mental ability, gender, or sexual orientation."

So there you have it, ladies & gentlemen, Pedophilia is now officially a protected sexual orientation.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The diary was jetsam, nobody 'stole' it.

Anyone who showers with his teenaged daughter should have his balls cut off.

I believe Tara Reade. Joe shoved his fingers up her twat. Cut off his fingers, too.
C'mon, man....

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Democrats, 1972: "Can't trust the Feds, man."
Democrats, 2022: "They are to be respected for their pursuit of justice and law and order."

https://www.thetrafalgargroup.org/wp-co ... t-0824.pdf

free thoughtpolice

Democrats 2020: defund the police
republicans 2022: defund the FBI and DOJ

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Those stoopid Republicans are doing it completely wrong.

They aren't painting it on the road or laying-down in traffic.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Democrats 2020: defund the police
republicans 2022: defund the FBI and DOJ
The police can occasionally be useful.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

They Lied About Paul Pelosi’s ‘Jail Time’

California has a long history of pretending to be tough on criminals.

The media has a long history of protecting Democrats.
By Ken LaCorte

August 25, 2022

The Associated Press headline says it all, published by hundreds of outlets: “Paul Pelosi gets 5 days in jail, 3 years of probation in DUI.”

That could cause a reasonable person to think that despite his wealth and political status, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband faced some amount of justice. After all, five days in jail and three years of probation isn’t nothing, especially for an 82-year-old man

The problem? It’s completely untrue. Or, as my liberal friends would say, it’s “misinformation.”

Reuters misexplained it further, reporting that Pelosi’s sentence included “four days’ credit for time already served in jail.” Don’t believe that, either.

So how much time did Paul Pelosi actually spend in police custody? Just seven hours and 42 minutes for his booking process.

Napa County records show that Pelosi was arrested at 11:44 p.m. on May 28 and released at 7:42 a.m. the next day. That included the ride to jail, a trip to the hospital, a blood test, his mugshot, and booking. Not exactly hard time in the joint.

For all that, Pelosi is “credited” with spending four days in jail. California law gives him credit for any part of a day, even 16 minutes. Two more days were removed from his pseudo-sentence for “good conduct,” since he didn’t shank anyone. And another day’s credit is for a future eight-hour shift in the court’s work program.

He was also given three years of probation, though. Doesn’t that mean something?

Yeah . . . no.

Pelosi was actually given “summary probation,” which means no check-ins with probation officers at all or interaction with the probation department. Essentially, it means the court can ask him if he’s completed his work program and education class.

The media were quick to correct false social media posts about Pelosi’s charges being dropped and a fake image purporting to be his mug shot, but they seem to be fine with fooling millions of Americans into believing he was actually punished for his misadventure.

California has a long history of pretending to be tough on criminals. The media has a long history of protecting Democrats.

https://amgreatness.com/2022/08/25/they ... jail-time/

free thoughtpolice