Back to Conspiratoria

Steersman

Re: Back to Conspiratoria

Post by Steersman »

Sorry to hear of the grief and "difficulties" that Matt & John D have had to deal with recently. Life's a bitch, dull decrepitude and all that. As mother - gawd rest her soul - used to say, getting old ain't for sissies.

But can well appreciate what "a duty of care" entails, having had a small taste of it recently. Spent some 6 weeks with my ex beginning in February to help her with her recovery from a knee replacement operation - which, rather thankfully, turned out rather well all things considered.

As Benjamin Franklin is reputed to have said, "we hang together or we hang alone" - and that was when treason was a hanging offense ... ;)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

jet_lagg wrote: The trans chicken question has been settled according to Steersman's exacting standards.

https://imgur.com/a/ke5IssH

Between feed and materials for the coop I figure this egg cost me around twenty bucks. But you can't put a price on quality.
:clap: :dance: As Yogi Berra is reputed to have said, it ain't ova till it's ova ... ;)

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34324865

But hopefully that 20 bucks is just your initial investment and the price per egg should go down. As long as your chickens don't decide to "self-identify" as roosters and call for - cackle for? - "sex reassignment surgery" ... :roll:

In any case and as some related news, I've now picked up my first seven day suspension at the sadly misnamed Skeptics forum, largely - one assumes - and mostly for "incivility" :roll: "Atheism Plus", indeed:

Mostly, of course, due to "discussions" surrounding the question of what are the most reasonable and rational definitions for "male" and "female". Been somewhat illuminating and I have garnered a more or less useful insight or two that I probably wouldn't have acquired otherwise. But it's been a bit "disconcerting" - at best - to see the pigheaded ignorance and motivated reasoning of far too many there - our good buddy "Damion" in particular. Seem to recollect some shots at him here way back that I wasn't familiar enough with the "lay of the land" to fully appreciate, but now seem to have more relevance - one can take the man out of the religion, but the "religion" itself, the mental perspective and the dogmatism, is often bred in the bone.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: I see that Toast has relocated to Hollywood...

I wish they all could be Catalonia girls.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

John D wrote: I have been this drunk exactly twice in my life.
I've been that drunk just once. From 1983-2004.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I wish they all could be Catalonia girls.
Catatonic girls? Now you're talking!

https://c.tenor.com/AinycacHPWMAAAAM/smirking-smirk.gif

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Gumby wrote:
John D wrote: I have been this drunk exactly twice in my life.
I've been that drunk just once. From 1983-2004.
That's not drunk, that's just extremely refreshed.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I overheard a flamboyant, flaming, old, Trump-hating, mexican gay queen: "I just want to drive a car that runs on gas."

--

Her exact wording: "An Extreme Threat" --

--

https://media.patriots.win/post/qzbN7gdMSIEO.png

--

https://media.patriots.win/post/WLIE92rIPqGt.jpeg
https://www.cureus.com/articles/111851- ... 2-subjects
Conclusion
Non-use of ivermectin was associated with a 12.5-fold increase in mortality rate and a seven-fold increased risk of dying from COVID-19 compared to the regular use of ivermectin. This dose-response efficacy reinforces the prophylactic effects of ivermectin against COVID-19.
--

https://media.patriots.win/post/VogCu9cqGn14.jpeg

--

https://media.patriots.win/post/nYYEnDt8UgEm.jpeg

--

https://media.patriots.win/post/aW0rLbM7fvoQ.jpeg

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Steersman wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:56 am
But hopefully that 20 bucks is just your initial investment and the price per egg should go down.
I didn't actually do the math, but that was meant to be something like the amortized price. Sound investments they ain't.

Funny birds though. The cat gets a huge kick out of ambushing them.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: “Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”, is a law of propaganda often attributed to the Nazi Joseph Goebbels.
Yeah, but "THE LIE" the German Nazi War Criminals were talking-about was "THE HOLOCAUST" you retard.

They weren't describing a Nazi strategy.

They were accusing the Jews of making it all up. An evil jew propaganda "big lie".

You think you're smart-- exposing the top secret nuclear nazi-tactics of Trump.

But you're haplessly, unintentionally, quoting Hitler and Goebbels.

You're literally accusing Trump of "SNEAKY JEW" tactics.

Well done, you fascist anti-fascist.

You're really earning that promotion to Haupt-Major Hosenscheißer in the ol Thought Police.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

jet_lagg wrote: The cat gets a huge kick out of ambushing them.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/56900708.jpg

Keating

Post by Keating »

jet_lagg wrote: I didn't actually do the math, but that was meant to be something like the amortized price. Sound investments they ain't.

Funny birds though. The cat gets a huge kick out of ambushing them.
Yeah, I've been considering getting chickens too, but I probably don't have space. For me it isn't about the price so much as noticing how expensive eggs have been getting and that there have been a few weeks where they aren't available. That doesn't seem like a problem that is going to go away any time soon.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Steersman wrote: In any case and as some related news, I've now picked up my first seven day suspension at the sadly misnamed Skeptics forum, largely - one assumes - and mostly for "incivility" :roll: "Atheism Plus"
It turns out that they can't live without you. The site looks to have been down all day.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

fafnir wrote:
Steersman wrote: In any case and as some related news, I've now picked up my first seven day suspension at the sadly misnamed Skeptics forum, largely - one assumes - and mostly for "incivility" :roll: "Atheism Plus"
It turns out that they can't live without you. The site looks to have been down all day.
I've been saying it for years - a Steersman a day keeps the doldrums away!

Also, Steersman for 'pit president.

https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/wa ... jlM2nMK-c=

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Bhurzum wrote:
fafnir wrote:
I've been saying it for years - a Steersman a day keeps the doldrums away!
Are you still Steersman when you aren't posting about ova and the definition of "woman"? What is the scientific definition of Steersman? If I post about ova and the definition of "woman", am I Steersman?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Cunt and nigger too, don't forget - cunt and nigger...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

fafnir wrote: What is the scientific definition of Steersman?
Within context, I can't answer that question because I'm not a biologist.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: Cunt and nigger too, don't forget - cunt and nigger...
I love it when you talk dirty...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote: I love it when you talk dirty...
https://media.patriots.win/post/2LT0Ns7obngn.jpeg

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Service Dog wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: “Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”, is a law of propaganda often attributed to the Nazi Joseph Goebbels.
Yeah, but "THE LIE" the German Nazi War Criminals were talking-about was "THE HOLOCAUST" you retard.

They were accusing the Jews of making it all up. An evil jew propaganda "big lie".

You're really earning that promotion to Haupt-Major Hosenscheißer in the ol Thought Police.
People wonder why these exchanges can get nasty. I have this half wit loser calling me a retard while he is too stupid to understand the quote at hand.
It is in common usage to describe all propaganda for starters, not just describing the holocaust. The nazis told more than one lie in their propaganda and quoting a nazi laying out their strategy for lying does not mean one is an anti-semite or agrees with them.
You really have a problem with reading comprehension and need to take remedial courses.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Keating wrote: For me it isn't about the price so much as noticing how expensive eggs have been getting and that there have been a few weeks where they aren't available. That doesn't seem like a problem that is going to go away any time soon.
Shut up and eat your crickets.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

People wonder why these exchanges can get nasty. I have this half wit loser calling me a retard while he is too stupid to understand the quote at hand.
It is in common usage to describe all propaganda for starters, not just describing the holocaust. The nazis told more than one lie in their propaganda and quoting a nazi laying out their strategy for lying does not mean one is an anti-semite or agrees with them.
You really have a problem with reading comprehension and need to take remedial courses.
No. You are wrong.

All you had to do was take your Daily Dose of Steersman... and check wikipedia, before doubling-down:

the antidote to your Rebound Case of Beclowning yourself!

wikipedia:

"The German expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his book Mein Kampf (1925), to describe the use of a lie so colossal that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously." Hitler claimed that the technique had been used by Jews to blame Germany's loss in World War I on German general Erich Ludendorff..."

"Goebbels wrote... sixteen years after Hitler first used the phrase... the article, titled "Aus Churchills Lügenfabrik" (English: "From Churchill's Lie Factory")..."The ((English)) follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous"....

Nazis say The Holocaust is a Jewish "big lie" conspiracy theory.

I don't know why anyone would erase the actual historic origin of Hitler's jew-hating "big lie" talk... replacing it with an imaginary version. Since I can't read their minds, I'll assume their intentions were good. But I don't think overwriting truth with fake-truth is a Best Practice.

The most strange and absurd part of this... is that you, free thoughtpolice, claim to believe the popular [false] version... about what Goebbels actually said.

So: if you actually believe-- that repeating-a-lie-until-it's-believed-to-be-true is a Bad Nazi thing to do... then why are you doing it?

You're achieving nothing-- except to cultivate a reputation as someone who cannot admit when he is wrong.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:52 am
Keating wrote: For me it isn't about the price so much as noticing how expensive eggs have been getting and that there have been a few weeks where they aren't available. That doesn't seem like a problem that is going to go away any time soon.
Shut up and eat your crickets.
Skip to 4:57

free thoughtpolice

A cool encounter with Orcas not too far from where I live.
https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/caug ... -1.6051628

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The Gateway Pundit has published a poorly-worded report... claiming that the above photo is fabricated in several ways, including digital manipulation which defies federal law-enforcement standards of evidence.

The MAGA commentariat has a low opinion of Gateway Pundit's reporting, in general. And they are skeptical about this claim.

However... I think one claim is worth considering:

IF it indeed turns-out to be true... that all the TOP SECRET, CLASSIFIED, and SCI compartmentalized cover sheets were ADDED BY THE FBI during the raid... and NOT part of the materials in Trump's possession before the raid...

does that make this photo FAKE NEWS ?

I say it does.

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

No. You are wrong.

All you had to do was take your Daily Dose of Steersman... and check wikipedia, before doubling-down:

the antidote to your Rebound Case of Beclowning yourself!

wikipedia:

"The German expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his book Mein Kampf (1925), to describe the use of a lie so colossal that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously." Hitler claimed that the technique had been used by Jews to blame Germany's loss in World War I on German general Erich Ludendorff..."

"Goebbels wrote... sixteen years after Hitler first used the phrase... the article, titled "Aus Churchills Lügenfabrik" (English: "From Churchill's Lie Factory")..."The ((English)) follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous"....

Nazis say The Holocaust is a Jewish "big lie" conspiracy theory.

I don't know why anyone would erase the actual historic origin of Hitler's jew-hating "big lie" talk... replacing it with an imaginary version. Since I can't read their minds, I'll assume their intentions were good. But I don't think overwriting truth with fake-truth is a Best Practice.

The most strange and absurd part of this... is that you, free thoughtpolice, claim to believe the popular [false] version... about what Goebbels actually said.

So: if you actually believe-- that repeating-a-lie-until-it's-believed-to-be-true is a Bad Nazi thing to do... then why are you doing it?

You're achieving nothing-- except to cultivate a reputation as someone who cannot admit when he is wrong.
You really have poor reading skills. You skim through an article like that one on wikipedia, looking for parts that agree with your preconceived beliefs and ignore the areas that might cause problems.
If you would read the whole article carefully you would see there are other, updated uses of the term. What kind of reasoning would demand that
only outdated definitions of words are allowable. When people these days hear "the Big Lie' they think about Nazi propaganda and Communist propaganda, and others?
I don't care what Goebbels meant. I care about what the current understanding of the term means and it is basically a propaganda method various parties use or have been alleged to have used.
Oh, and quoting what a Nazi said makes me a Nazi?
No one uses, except you I guess that "The Big Lie" only applies to what Jews have said.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
<snip>

:lol: :laughing-rolling: :eusa-naughty: :laughing-rolling: ;)

SlymePit_ServiceDog3735_VAIDS_1B.jpg
(120.23 KiB) Downloaded 139 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Do me a favor Steers-- ghostwrite a mea culpa for me, in-which I admit whatever-it-is you think I got-wrong, in using the word "insist".

Don't make it vague or over-broad... delineate the crux of my error, concisely. I'll sincerely try to see your point & sign-off on it, if I can.

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote:

The Gateway Pundit has published a poorly-worded report... claiming that the above photo is fabricated in several ways, including digital manipulation which defies federal law-enforcement standards of evidence.

The MAGA commentariat has a low opinion of Gateway Pundit's reporting, in general. And they are skeptical about this claim.

However... I think one claim is worth considering:

IF it indeed turns-out to be true... that all the TOP SECRET, CLASSIFIED, and SCI compartmentalized cover sheets were ADDED BY THE FBI during the raid... and NOT part of the materials in Trump's possession before the raid...

does that make this photo FAKE NEWS ?

I say it does.
The fucking "Top Secret" cover sheets are attached with a god-damned paper chip.... A fucking paper clip for fuck sake. Of course this is fake. What is actually under those cover sheets?... the names and numbers of Trump's barbers? This is the lamest shit ever. Haha. But it is helping the Dems. Whatever man.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: But it is helping the Dems.
I don't think those odds can be measured.

I think Americans lose-interest in an old-news loser.... but the raid is new-news. And makes Trump an outlaw anti-hero.

He's reaching the point where rappers will adopt his name, like Scarface & Capone.

But does that help-or-hurt the Dems? Maybe a strong Trump helps them, because he'll then take a dive at the finish line....

and the GOP would be better-off with Desantis or whoever. Or maybe a strong Trump keeps doing what he has done so well--

cleans house inside the GOP... so all his hydra-headed Trumplings will sprout & carry on the mission... which he could never manage.

Too many variables, combining in odd ways.

--

My friendship with Fang has been strained. His boring-but-stressful-and-exhausting doorman job is a drag, and listening to him complain about it is-too. He tries to offset the dead-end drudgery with making-the-most of his free time, which means a tunnel-vision focus on his cross-dressing sex life. I don't wanna hear about wigs or his clunky encounters with old tranny men who've been in-the-closet all their lives. (I don't think they're making old-school pantyhose fetishists anymore.) Fang took his vacation week in Las Vegas, because he thought he could spend a lot of time in drag without hassle (mostly true) and smoke cigars everywhere he went (false. He kept seeing people smoking cigarettes... and took that as permission to smoke cigars... and then he took umbrage when casino staffers firmly told him 'no'. Also a cab driver... who rolled down all the windows, because Fang was reeking of smoke. haw. He worked in bars & restaurants for most of his life, but he can't remember what it was like to be a server with a boorish customer.) At last, on the trip, he got to meet some 72 year old wig-maker lady who he idolized. And... for all I know... maybe he had some fantasy of dressing like a whore & sucking off a tourist. I dunno. He overshares... but is also secretive when he desires something so-much it's embarrassing. My anti-trans sentiments have sharpened to a point, which doesn't help the friendship. Namely, I now consider 'body dysmorphia' and 'use my pronouns' to be a form-of misunderstanding What Other People Think Of You (usually the real-answer is: "nothing. they're busy thinking-about their own problems. not yours."). And so dysmorphia is a subset of misunderstanding What Other People Think... full stop. Which is a great hindrance to Empathy, and a recipe for being a narcissistic jerk.

And-- sure enough-- Fang was so obsessed with his Vegas trip... that he was a dud to talk-to/ and he was too pre-occupied to reach-out to me, for half a month. Which kinda broke-the-habit of being friends who talk on the phone several times a week... or even several times a day. And, like I said, there wasn't much to miss.

The significance of all-this is that I did get a call from Fang today. He wanted to tell me about Vegas. Oh-- and he also felt guilty... because our last long conversation ended with me in the middle of a sentence... and he interrupted & said "Hang on, I'll call you back in 5 minutes." And then it didn't cross his mind to call-back/ or notice I hadn't called him/ for 15 or 16 days!

Enough boo-hoo-hooing about a 30-year friendship running dry.

My point was this: Today, when Fang called, I learned that... He Did Not Know Mar-a-Lago had been raided by the FBI.

The news didn't enter his bubble of vacation-prep & vacation. If he isn't talking to me... news like-that doesn't reach him.

As he has been-- so many times before-- Fang is a bellweather, reminding me what a Whole Lotta People In this Country think/ and *how* they think. Another reason I don't know if those odds can be measured.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"Fuckin' minorities..." --Kareen Jong-Pierre

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote: Do me a favor Steers-- ghostwrite a mea culpa for me, in-which I admit whatever-it-is you think I got-wrong, in using the word "insist".

Don't make it vague or over-broad... delineate the crux of my error, concisely. I'll sincerely try to see your point & sign-off on it, if I can.
:handgestures-thumbupright: :)

Fair enuff. Though there are a couple of “crimes” that you’re in the docket for relative to several parts of that comment of yours, i.e.:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=560&p=507737#p507737

So how about:
I Service Dog, as a resident of Brooklyn and as a good ol’ Amurican boy, do solemnly swear that I was flat-out wrong to say the “European Agency admits Boosters cause VAIDS” as they most certainly didn’t say anything of the sort (exhibit A, Your Honour).

Further, I was seriously remiss and guilty as charged in not paying attention, and in contributing to the spread of Fake News by not noticing that the YouTube Video (exhibits B1 & B2, Your Honour) I had linked to justify the aforementioned bogus claim had explicitly asserted that:
European Medicines Agency admits that VAXXXINES and BOOSTERS will and do cause VACCINE ACQUIRED IMMUNODEFICIENCY SYNDROME (VAIDS).
Which I freely admit now is so much ignorant claptrap. Mea culpa; I throw myself on the mercy of The Courts.

Finally, relative to the worst crime with which I’m justifiably charged, I freely admit that AP most certainly did not “insist (demand forcefully) that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS”. They merely – on December 8th & 10th , 2021 – were pointing out that many individuals prior to that point (December 5, possibly as early as Nov 23; exhibits C1, C2, C3, C4, & C5, Your Honour) were explicitly claiming that “VAIDS” is a “Vaccine Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome”. And I also freely admit that AP's Fact Checks were quite justifiably showing that that was so much ignorant claptrap that had no medical or biological justifications at all.

I abjectly beg forgiveness from the Court and promise – cross my heart and hope to die – to spend more effort and due diligence in checking the sources and credibility of various claims before passing on Fake News.

Signed: [Service Dog; September 1st, 2022]
How’s that work for you? ;-)

Exhibits:
A:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QssjLWcDaVQ

B1 & B2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SzCpAlnNqo

C1, C2, C3, C4, C5:
https://archive.ph/yC2No
https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-330111634396
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/269-real ... -90136254/
https://twitter.com/Yonnk6/status/1467628872262991872
https://archive.ph/AJLYk

You might note from the last archive link that it links to and quotes a State of the Nation post of December 3, not long after the November 23 date quoted in the AP Fact Check. And that it uses the same language and phrasing:
VAIDS: Vaccine Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
Sometimes, a situation calls for the creation of a brand new term, in order to describe the unique and monumental scale of its effect upon people and society. This is just such an occasion, and so I have coined the word ‘VAIDS‘ to describe what we are currently witnessing in those who have been injected with various experimental concoctions under the guise of a COVID-19 ’emergency’.
You might reasonably fault AP for not having linked to those “smoking guns” in the first place. But their description of a claim was clearly based on actual fact; it wasn’t something that they pulled out of their arses, and were falsely “insisting” was the fact when it clearly was:
CLAIM: COVID-19 vaccines are causing a new illness called “VAIDS,” short for vaccine acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.
Q.E.D. HTH ... ;-)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
<snip>

I say it does.
The fucking "Top Secret" cover sheets are attached with a god-damned paper chip.... A fucking paper clip for fuck sake. Of course this is fake. What is actually under those cover sheets?... the names and numbers of Trump's barbers? This is the lamest shit ever. Haha. But it is helping the Dems. Whatever man.
Maybe you think the FBI should have published photos of actual secret information? :think: :roll:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

The first two episodes of Dem Rangs Of Powah?

Meh, kinda ok. Ignore the trampling of Tolkien's legendarium, brush aside the fanfic factor, put aside the frequent "girl power" moments and what you're left with is a beautiful but only vaguely Tolkien show. I'll admit that I want to hate this show so badly but found myself quite enjoying the ride.

Fuck me ragged - what is old age doing to me?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Speaking of Dem Rangs Of Powah...this might be the best piss-take yet!

:P

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Keating wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:54 am
Yeah, I've been considering getting chickens too, but I probably don't have space. For me it isn't about the price so much as noticing how expensive eggs have been getting and that there have been a few weeks where they aren't available. That doesn't seem like a problem that is going to go away any time soon.
Space is less of an issue than you might think. Most people I've asked recommend around 10 square feet per bird which doesn't make much of a footprint. So for example an eight foot by 4 foot run is enough for 3 hens so long as you don't feel bad about them being...
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
cooped up
(⌐■_■)

It probably doesn't bother them either. They're amazingly stupid animals. Out of curiosity I once timed one that was trying to get to a bit of food inside the run by mashing her head against the chicken wire over and over. There was an open door less than a foot away. After 15 minutes I abandoned the experiment.

But if you're only looking for eggs it's way better to find a farm that's driving distance that is running an operation at large enough a scale they can sell the eggs at a competitive price. You spend a lot on feed and the initial investment of other supplies. The only real benefit to doing it yourself is they're fun to have around, and I suppose you'll always have at least some eggs no matter how bad supply chain disruptions get. Around here it's never that bad.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: I Service Dog, as a resident of Brooklyn
I don't live in Brooklyn.

Using the Steersman-endorsed AP fact-checking methodology: Case Closed!

No need to survey the remainder of your claims.

No obligation to concede-or-refute, or even acknowledge you said anything-else.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote: <snip>

Fuck me ragged - what is old age doing to me?
You ain't see nuttin yet ... ;)

Though your climbing accident probably gives you a leg-up, an early taste, a by into the finals.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote: I Service Dog, as a resident of Brooklyn
I don't live in Brooklyn.

Using the Steersman-endorsed AP fact-checking methodology: Case Closed!

No need to survey the remainder of your claims.

No obligation to concede-or-refute, or even acknowledge you said anything-else.

https://i.imgur.com/dndhbmu.jpg
:roll: I should have known better than to have put much faith in your "I'll sincerely try to see your point".

All you've done is double-down on pigheaded stupidity, proven yourself to be an intellectually dishonest fraud, and put a lock on your "reputation as someone who cannot admit when he is wrong."

Bravo, bravo. A hat trick worthy of the greats of hockey. :clap: :roll:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

jet_lagg wrote:
Keating wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:54 am
Yeah, I've been considering getting chickens too, but I probably don't have space. ....
<snip>

It probably doesn't bother them either. They're amazingly stupid animals. Out of curiosity I once timed one that was trying to get to a bit of food inside the run by mashing her head against the chicken wire over and over. There was an open door less than a foot away. After 15 minutes I abandoned the experiment.
Critters can certainly be amusing and entertaining - like dogs chasing their tails. But also rather illuminating as well - their behaviours often providing insights into human behaviours as well.

Reminds me of a magic trick that a monkey/chimpanzee seemed to have gotten a big kick out of:

Remember reading Konrad Lorenz' On Aggression decades ago, though don't remember much of the book itself. But some time ago I ran across something probably related to it and likely to have been part of it:
Lorenz demonstrated how incubator-hatched geese would imprint on the first suitable moving stimulus they saw within what he called a "critical period" between 13 and 16 hours shortly after hatching. For example, the goslings would imprint on Lorenz himself (to be more specific, on his wading boots), and he is often depicted being followed by a gaggle of geese who had imprinted on him.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imprinting_(psychology)

I've periodically argued that that is a major part of gender dysphoria, though I haven't seen much else that might corroborate that argument.

free thoughtpolice

That's an Orangutan. Not a monkey, an ape.
Fake News!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote: That's an Orangutan. Not a monkey, an ape.
Fake News!
Really? Well, I'll be damned. My mistake, I stand corrected; mea culpa, shoot me at dawn.

Certainly wouldn't want to get any sort of "a reputation as someone who cannot admit when he is wrong". Particularly when some here have a much better lock on that title and might get offended if I were to offer any sort of challenge to it ... ;)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: I should have known better than to have put much faith in your "I'll sincerely try to see your point".
I asked you to describe what was wrong with my usage of the word "insist".

You refused that narrow parameter. Instead, you listed other accusations against me, which you find relevant to your overall case against-me. Which is perfectly fine! For example-- you found a longer clip of the EU Medicines chief... which starts-earlier than the version I posted in January.

And the clip you-found does-indeed show that the shorter-version is misleading. He was answering a specific question about whether people might become "resistant" to vaccines, if they take boosters too-often. Which is different... than if he had, unprompted, made an announcement that covid jabs might harm people's immune systems. (Just like-- if you ask someone whether a giant asteroid hitting the Earth might kill millions... and they reply "Yes"... that's Not The Same As calling a press conference to announce, "A Giant Asteroid Is Going-to Hit The Earth And Kill Millions".)

BUT

Here's the problem: My objection to the AP's Fact-Check about "VAIDS"... played by the SAME RULES you used, replying to me.

AP _insisted_ on narrowly discussing a handful of the least-credible dorks on the internet... who were saying shit about "VAIDS".

AP _ignored_ credentialed experts-- making more-rigorous claims about "VAIDS".

I refused to limit my reply to the parameters AP had set. JUST LIKE you refused to accept the parameters I set.

When I did it... you cried foul. Yet, when you did the same-thing... you thought it was kosher.

Then... when I _ironically_ pretended to adopt AP's myopic tunnel-vision... (by focussing soley on the 'Brooklyn' thing)... you again cried foul.

You're 74 years old. I feel bad about rubbing your nose in it. Maybe your blindspots-- inability to see your own hypocrisy-- are something that's happening TO your brain, rather than something you're actively DOING.

And, sorry dude: this isn't an isolated brainfart. Here's another example: when it suits-you, you decry the Sorry State of Science Journalism. But (when it suits you) you also accept the AP fact-check's science journalism... as legit. See your inconsistency there?

free thoughtpolice

I think I know who you are talking about, a master of getting things completely wrong, not admitting to it, then furiously trying to weasel out of it.
First, a deflection, such as, look a squirrel!
Then spam, preferably posting links to some goofy troll site, such as:
https://patriots.win/p/15JTtpfUaz/i-won ... lowed-t/c/
https://patriots.win/p/15JTtpdqAa/red-yawn/c/
https://patriots.win/p/15JTtnOQEs/big-mistake/c/
https://welovetrump.com/2022/09/02/disn ... n-trailer/
Third, try to project your errors on others. If you can find a typo, bring it up, call them stupid and that the typo makes everything else they say is wrong.
No typos? No worry. Just make up another whopper that allegedly "proves they are wrong", call them stupid, post a childish meme and probably your victim will give up and decide it isn't worth their time arguing with an idiot.

Personally, like I think it's easier just to fess up to being mistaken when you are.

free thoughtpolice

That was a reply to steersman's post above.Another one slipped in between.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

As I type this, a copcar with flashing lights is parked across the lanes, blocking access to my block. 4 cops on foot direct traffic away. More copcars & more cops are blocking pedestrians, bikes & scooters from the walkway over the bridge to Brooklyn. Further up the block are unmarked black cop cars, an emergency-response truck, a cop whose shirt says NYPD Field Intelligence across the back (I've never seen that before).

A black male on a red scooter fired 8 shots from the median of nearby cross street, then fled. Either they're blocking-him from escaping over the bridge-- or else he's already on the bridge walkway... trapped up-there. All subway trains are bypassing stops in this area.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote: I should have known better than to have put much faith in your "I'll sincerely try to see your point".

<snip>
What a stinking pile of self-serving and intellectually dishonest horse shit. Surprise, surprise, surprise. :roll:

For one thing, you said, "I'll sincerely try to see your point" and then flat-out refused to do so, dismissing all I said with, "I don't live in Brooklyn". :roll:

More importantly YOU SAID:
AP relies on the similarity of the acronym to "AIDS"-- to insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=560&p=507737#p507737

Which is horse crap. They were clearly responding to people saying that Covid vaccines cause "a new illness called 'VAIDS'":
CLAIM: COVID-19 vaccines are causing a new illness called “VAIDS,” short for vaccine acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.
https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-330111634396

And, as I had indicated, there was clear cases of people doing so. It's not up to AP to rebut or refute what scientifically illiterate frauds or grifters think that phrase might refer to. The phrase means something quite specific that such scaremongering fraudsters - like you - were trying to imply was the case with Covid vaccines by using that phrase:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS

You're as bad as, if not worse than Humpty-Dumpty:
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humpty_Du ... king-Glass
Service Dog wrote: And, sorry dude: this isn't an isolated brainfart. Here's another example: when it suits-you, you decry the Sorry State of Science Journalism. But (when it suits you) you also accept the AP fact-check's science journalism... as legit. See your inconsistency there?
Unbelievable. What a fucking cretin. Because I've said there are holes in "Science Journalism" is hardly saying that it's all useless, all null and void. That's the "four legs good, two legs bad" crap that you peddle.

free thoughtpolice

Deflecting from the question at hand. Did Dog intentionally forget that the topic was about owning to a stupid statement he mad about VAIDS? Or was it about some arcane sophist argument about the meaning of "insist"?
Of course not. It was just a cheap rhetorical device to change the subject.
Service Dog the Hunter Bounty Biden Hunter.PNG
(481.28 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

John D

Post by John D »

Dog and ftp and Steers. Why do you all act like little 13 year old girls? WTF? Do you like to do all the shit posting?

Steers... thanks for the great "monkey" (really an ape) video. I watched it over and over and laughed and laughed. Imagine... what is in that ape's head? Wow. So interesting and funny.

My wife has been home since yesterday afternoon. Her good friend helped a bunch because I had a few important meetings and couldn't get her from the hospital. My wife is in pretty good spirits today. The nurse came by and said all is well. We had some friends visit and this was good for her. She can shower and use the toilet on her own and just needs help with meals and pills and such. Pretty good news overall. She has a stabbing pain over her kidneys that she has had since before the surgery. This pain will not go away. Not a good sign... but there is no value in worry. On Tuesday the doc will pull out her dozens of staples from her two foot long incision. Perhaps we will develop a treatment plan on Tuesday as well... we will see. We talked with our fiends about the trips will will take soon. Good friends.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I've been reading Aesop's fables.
A hungry fox spotted a bunch of lovely dark grapes hanging from a vine trained over a tall olive tree.
'They'll do me nicely,' he said. 'They've got my name written all over them, so they have.'
The fox leapt upwards and snapped his jaw shut, expecting to feel the delicious sensation of the fruit caught fast in his mouth. To his surprise, however, all he felt was the judder of his upper and lower teeth crashing against one another without any fruit in between to cushion the blow. He fell back to earth.
'If at first you don't succeed,' he said, 'try, try and try again.'
He tried a few more times and then he stopped. This was never going ro work. The bunch he was going for was just too high for him - and it was the lowest one.
He walked away, and as he went the fox muttered, 'I don't know what I was thinking. Those grapes, they're not even ripe.'
A lie becomes true when you believe it.
Don't know why I thought of posting this here, apply it to whatever argument's side it makes most sense.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D

Post by John D »

Harris is out of his fucking mind! Jesus… he acts like fucking Trotski or something. Haha…. Haha…. What a joy to watch him perform his strange act of defiance against the Don Quihote windmill… and don’t even try to judge my bad spelling you bitches… my wife is dying!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Sam Harris, 8 days ago, timecode: 35min21sec: https://youtu.be/IgL1bnAvo4Q?t=2121

"If I thought Trump was literally the next Hitler, I should want him assassinated. Is that even controversial to say? Is there anyone who doesn't wish that one of the plots against Hitler had succeeded? Unless you're a Nazi, or just crazy, you too wish that Hitler had been assassinated. And as I said, I think our killing of Osama bin Laden was totally justified.

But I don't think Trump is Hitler, or anything like it. I think he's a person like Alex Jones, and I said that on that podcast. It's like we elected Alex Jones president. I think he's a person like L. Ron Hubbard, without Hubbard's astounding typing ability. Making Trump president was a disaster for our country. But it was not the same sort of disaster that started World War 2 and sent millions of people to death camps.

What would I expect if Trump got elected again in 2024? The further unraveling of America's stature in the world. A further descent into the chaos of conspiracy thinking and lies, here at home. A further derangement politically on more or less every topic. Irrational fury and demogoguery and blasphemy tests on both the right and the left. More grifting and humilating norm violations from Trump and his family. Massive opportunity costs on more or less every front. Because-- while all that's going on-- we're going to be very distracted from every other important thing.

I think all of this will be terrible for America and for the world. Above all I think that setting the precedent that you can lie about everything, and shatter the most basic norms of our democracy, and still get re-elected to the presidency-- could lead us further down the path of democratic decline. And, yes, if re-elected I would also expect Trump to enact some rational and pragmatic policies that I also just happen to agree with.

So this is not at all the same as electing a highly competent evil person with a grand plan to remake the world. Actually the insurrection on January 6 is perfectly Trump. It's exactly the kind of coup you would expect to be associated with the man. Not really a coup at all. There's no question he was trying to disrupt the certification of the election. He was trying to bully Pence and Congress by sending that mob to the Capitol. But when they breached the Capitol, what happened? They just wander around in their costumes. Smearing shit on the walls and taking selfies, and stealing mementos from Nancy Pelosi's office. This is Trump.

Actually, the real essence of Trump was that he figured out how to raise hundreds of millions of dollars from his supporters amid all this chaos. He monetized the absolute degradation of our institutions. That's Trump."

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

John D wrote: Dog and ftp and Steers. Why do you all act like little 13 year old girls?
There's a reason why these two dolts make up the sum total of my ignore list. I've been able to reduce my blood pressure medicine.