Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Dilurk

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Dilurk »

AndrewV69 wrote:
EveryMan wrote: Har, I'm speaking from personal experience. Lots of the stuff I've written here makes me sound like an MRA (in my opinion); which I absolutely am not.

Maybe that's anecdotal, but I don't care.
That is not an issue except that a lot of individuals adopt a dichotomous view. Someone over at the horde let me know that I could not be "forgiven".

I took that as a troll. More importantly as a signifier of herd mentality, and that the assumption was that I would want to be a part of their collective.

This I find amusing, but it fits into the mentality of people who assume that they are "right" and everyone else is "ebil". Typical of a fundy IMO.
Someone brought up the concept of nuance, maybe more than one person has. That's the thing completely missing from the horde vocabulary. It's not always black and white. Look at the way PZ reacted to Tim Farley speech with 'dumb'. They both had different viewpoints and I don't think either of them was more right than the other. If you want to amuse yourself with 30 seconds to crash a stupid non-scientific poll to irritate some fundies then why not? I am sure that all of us have wasted more than 30 seconds on listening to music or watching tv or even reading a book. You can't really argue it. But to call Tim farley, 'dumb' was just plain black and white ignorant.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Badger3k wrote:
Dilurk wrote:
EveryMan wrote:
Dilurk wrote:
I dislike both misandryists and misogynists. They are both sexist and not humanist at all. Sad to see to see Dillahunty go this way.
Well, that's the problem. When you argue with one you inevitably sound like the other.
Well, we are equally hated by both sides.
I'm not prejudiced, I hate everyone equally.

:clap:
heh. I am an equal opportunity religion hater.

Azathoth

Post by Azathoth »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Before going to sleep, I'd like to ask:

Sacha, could you maybe post your answers to quoted comments in a way that makes the quoted comment be at the top of your own comment? I'm very sorry about that, but it kinda makes my head hurt, I see shirts eveWHERE IS THE FUN IN THAT??!!!1!!!rywhere, I avoid elevators, and I feel like carring for stuff I shouldn't be (like US-centric crap).

Thunx
:whistle:

Badger3k

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing - She Canna Take It!

Post by Badger3k »

Damn it, I need a new irony meter.

PZ newest post - http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... d-it-then/

Don't read it then? If only ye practice what ye preach, old chap.

Actually, it links to something by Zinnia Jones, who was brought up here before. They are complaining about somebody dismissing everything on FftB due to the actions/writings of a few. Of course, there's the standard misrepresentation of the whole issue, but I do have to add...Zinnia who? Other than one mention, I haven't seen anything of hers on the main feed. That's the only way I know anything about the FftBloggers. Maybe she needs to talk to Brayton?

Here's a bit of her post - the end :
I was ready to let this pass without remark simply because I’ve become used to such blatant cognitive errors after spending the past four years on YouTube. But here we have the director of a national skeptic organization casually insulting the entirety of one of the most prominent networks of atheist writers. Imagine if David Silverman, Edwina Rogers, or Dan Barker had done this, without even an attempt at justifying their wholesale dismissal of over 30 distinct blogs and their authors, or their vacuous accusation of “groupthink” toward people who have committed the cardinal sin of sometimes agreeing about things.
This is what's called collateral damage. Perhaps if you were to speak up and take your fellow bloggers to task for what they have been doing, you might not get lumped in with them. Also, "one of the most prominent networks" - seriously? There must not be many atheist networks then, but if that is so, then that is sad.
What makes his comments personal is how impersonal they are. In the weeks since I moved to FTB, did Payton scour my whole two-year archive of posts and four-year archive of video transcripts, before declaring that not a single one was “even remotely readable”? If he has indeed read my blog at any point, I’d happily accept his opinion as just a difference in taste. As is, he’s making a blanket statement about the countless hundreds of thousands of words on the entire network, all of which are apparently impenetrable and useless. Was my work somehow any more lucid when it was located at my old domain, or would he have said the same thing about it if he had read it before I moved here? Does FTB just possess some kind of Aura of Crap such that only the most incompetent writers would be selected to join?
You'd rather be personally insulted? Maybe he really has no idea who you are. I have no idea. Try to get on the main feed instead of Brayton, Nanny Phee, Stefunny, JshitbagTroll, Thibidoobidoo and Christina. I only rarely see Cromunist or Physioproff or even Kylie Sturgess or Carrier, so why are you complaining when your probably minor works are ignored? Argument from celebrity?
I suspect none of this actually matters to those who have decided that my own work can’t be taken seriously or even read at all because of something someone else did. In their rush to align themselves against the idea that we should take the concerns of women seriously, or some distortion of this which involves hating Rebecca Watson, reason and the spirit of free inquiry have apparently gone out the window. Now that we’re no longer judging people on their individual merits, I wonder if they’ll stop reading Hemant’s blog just because he’s on the same network as Mark Regnerus.
She has one point - people should read her stuff on it's own merits. Then she shoots it in the foot by repeating the same fallacies as the rest. So, based on that, I think I can ignore her work quite easily. As for Hemant's blog, I say again - who? Reg...ner...us...not ringing any bells. has be been engaging in a disinformation and propoganda campaign, burning bridges and setting fire to strawmen everywhere, and seeking to vilify anyone who doesn't follow the dogma preached by Watson et al?

It still sounds like a lot of Wah, wah, wah to me. :violin:

perfect smiley for that. I have a feeling it's going to get a lot of use.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Dilurk wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
Dilurk wrote:
EveryMan wrote:
Dilurk wrote:
I dislike both misandryists and misogynists. They are both sexist and not humanist at all. Sad to see to see Dillahunty go this way.
Well, that's the problem. When you argue with one you inevitably sound like the other.
Well, we are equally hated by both sides.
I'm not prejudiced, I hate everyone equally.

:clap:
heh. I am an equal opportunity religion hater.
Speaking of hate....
[youtube]byEGjLU2egA[/youtube]

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

:happy-jumpeveryone:
Lsuoma wrote:Who was it asked for extra smilies?

:angry-cussingblack: :angry-tappingfoot: :character-spamguy: :flags-australia: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-tolietclaw: :teasing-wedgie: :text-banplz: :text-worthless: :violence-hammer:
I believe it was someone from RAT. MKG may have a conniption though :happy-bouncyyellow: :violence-ripper:

And call for a :text-banplz:

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

EveryMan wrote:
Patrick wrote: It took way too many links from the Ada Initiative's home page to get to the example policy, but I found it here:

Are you wary of written policies in general or is your concern more that the usual suspects will try to use them to stretch the meaning of words beyond all reason?
Here are some issues I've observed:

And re:DEFCON, I've been waiting for that to be mentioned. I'm a computer security guy and have gone to a few of them and they are indeed horrific dens of misogyny. The only reason it doesn't get reported more is because very few women attend in the first place.
Never made it to DEFCON, but been hated nicely at DEFCON.

But I'll have to disagree with the idea of trying to "change" them. Really ladies, just don't go. Omega males suck and DEFCON is their breeding ground. It's also tremendously over-rated as a Con and I know many, many infosec pros that don't bother attending anymore. Including myself.
No kidding.
Oh, and you are absolutely correct in that the DEFCON crowd will immediately see the cards as a challenge to 'collect them all'. I positively guarantee it. Oh, and if you didn't bring enough expect to be mobbed by guys trying to 'one-up' each other to get that last red card. I can't imagine a better example of the the "Law of Unintended Consequences".
Nothing like getting your dox dropped too.

Dilurk

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing - She Canna Take It!

Post by Dilurk »

Badger3k wrote:Damn it, I need a new irony meter.

PZ newest post - http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... d-it-then/

Don't read it then? If only ye practice what ye preach, old chap.

Actually, it links to something by Zinnia Jones, who was brought up here before. They are complaining about somebody dismissing everything on FftB due to the actions/writings of a few. Of course, there's the standard misrepresentation of the whole issue, but I do have to add...Zinnia who? Other than one mention, I haven't seen anything of hers on the main feed. That's the only way I know anything about the FftBloggers. Maybe she needs to talk to Brayton?

Here's a bit of her post - the end :
I was ready to let this pass without remark simply because I’ve become used to such blatant cognitive errors after spending the past four years on YouTube. But here we have the director of a national skeptic organization casually insulting the entirety of one of the most prominent networks of atheist writers. Imagine if David Silverman, Edwina Rogers, or Dan Barker had done this, without even an attempt at justifying their wholesale dismissal of over 30 distinct blogs and their authors, or their vacuous accusation of “groupthink” toward people who have committed the cardinal sin of sometimes agreeing about things.
The difference is David Silverman, Edwina Rogers or Dan Barker can't be kicked out because of "bad writing".

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

AndrewV69 wrote::happy-jumpeveryone:

:angry-cussingblack: :angry-tappingfoot: :character-spamguy: :flags-australia: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-tolietclaw: :teasing-wedgie: :text-banplz: :text-worthless: :violence-hammer:
I believe it was someone from RAT. MKG may have a conniption though :happy-bouncyyellow: :violence-ripper:

There is a typo in that sign.

sacha

ugh!

Post by sacha »

my head hurts from all the flashing. dreadful.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

PZ: "Don't read it then".

This comes from the same folk who take things from private Facebook walls, have hissy fits at messages on T-shirts, have even bigger hissy fits about comments on Twitter, and generally scour the +- 90 billion light years width of the Universe to find something to get upset about. Opheliar has been known to go beyond the edge of observable Universe to find stuff to cry about!

PZ - if you are reading this, just fuck off will you.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Dilurk wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote::happy-jumpeveryone:

There is a typo in that sign.
Damn - I didn't even notice the "L" in there. I thought it was correct. :doh:

Since I posted my last video, and it took me a while to track down a version of the whole song, one of my favorites from Ayumi Hamasaki - My Name's Women. It's not on her YouTube, and I didn't want to repost it for possible copyright problems, but I love the song, and the whole video. I still haven't gone for a translation of the lyrics - I haven't quite given up learning japanese yet. I wonder how many would consider it feminist, sexist, or otherwise.

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/7280668/Ayu ... s_WOMEN_PV

I tried to see if I could figure out how to imbed it, but between not reading German and my own lack of skill, I couldn't. :angry-cussingblack: :angry-screaming: :animals-dogrun:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Nice to see a PZ one has been provided: http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/images/sm ... kybaby.gif

Azathoth

Re: ugh!

Post by Azathoth »

sacha wrote:
flashing you say?

http://home.granderiver.net/~capnjim/zot/seizure.gif

Azathoth

Post by Azathoth »

and twas I who was looking for smileys :obscene-moneypiss: Thanks :orcs-cheers:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Should have included this one - perfect for Greg Laden: http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/shit/turd.gif

sacha

Re: ugh!

Post by sacha »

Azathoth wrote:
sacha wrote:
flashing you say?
fuck off

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

CommanderTuvok wrote:PZ: "Don't read it then".

This comes from the same folk who take things from private Facebook walls, have hissy fits at messages on T-shirts, have even bigger hissy fits about comments on Twitter, and generally scour the +- 90 billion light years width of the Universe to find something to get upset about. Opheliar has been known to go beyond the edge of observable Universe to find stuff to cry about!

PZ repeating the 'vacuous shitbag troll' meme. I'm honored, really, that the most he has for me is name-calling and ridicule. So much for civility...

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

This also comes from the same people that insist that saying things like "don't feed the trolls" and "don't go to DEFCON" is victim-blaming.

sacha

bloody emoticons!

Post by sacha »

for fuck's sake, one can choose to omit others' signature, but can't omit others' ridiculous flashing cartoon images?

fucking wankers

EveryMan

Re: bloody emoticons!

Post by EveryMan »

sacha wrote:for fuck's sake, one can choose to omit others' signature, but can't omit others' ridiculous flashing cartoon images?

fucking wankers
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7088/jurrasick3d.gif

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

sacha wrote:for fuck's sake, one can choose to omit others' signature, but can't omit others' ridiculous flashing cartoon images?

fucking wankers
AdBlockPlus will get rid of individual images. I just blocked the above flashing .gif.

All gone, bye bye.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

From ZJ:
"Imagine if David Silverman, Edwina Rogers, or Dan Barker had done this, without even an attempt at justifying their wholesale dismissal of over 30 distinct blogs and their authors, or their vacuous accusation of “groupthink” toward people who have committed the cardinal sin of sometimes agreeing about things."
The 'living parody' idea comes to mind here...and it's quite funny that she would mention Edwina Rogers considering that some FTB writers -- particularly PZ -- had horrendous things to say about her. Some FTB writers, too, utterly dismissed that JREF and TAM because of their disagreement with DJ.
Does FTB just possess some kind of Aura of Crap such that only the most incompetent writers would be selected to join?
Apparently, there is an 'aura of crap' in the network filled with some writers who complain so much about the lack of civility toward women but happily go about making character attacks, uncharitable interpretations, and assertions without evidence the order of the day.

It's too bad, really, because there are some really good writers and people on there, but Ophelia, Zvan, Jason, and PZ spoil it.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Nice new smilies. I fully intend to abuse them. :happy-jumpeveryone:

Um, except maybe when talking with Franc, Sacha or Michael.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Skeeve wrote:
AdBlockPlus will get rid of individual images. I just blocked the above flashing .gif.

All gone, bye bye.
you are my hero, Skeeve. getting AdBlock Plus now.
Nectar: "Um, except maybe when talking with Franc, Sacha or Michael."
thank you, and now more than ever if anyone does not detect my sarcasm without a fucking flashing explanation, I don't bloody care.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

justinvacula wrote:

PZ repeating the 'vacuous shitbag troll' meme. I'm honored, really, that the most he has for me is name-calling and ridicule. So much for civility...
Yes, you are just some obscure atheist who does no leading at all. Richard Dakins Westboro baptist You should be ashamed of yourself Scranton examiner . I mean, why aren't you insulting people?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Once upon a time it was asked why do husbands die before their wives?

The answer, of course, was because they want to.

But now it seems that our genes are misandrist http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-te ... 23id9.html.

sacha

Post by sacha »

I have AdBlock Plus, smilies are disabled and won't show as an image, but I still have the fucking flashing images!

Spirokeat

Post by Spirokeat »

justinvacula wrote: Apparently, there is an 'aura of crap' in the network filled with some writers who complain so much about the lack of civility toward women but happily go about making character attacks, uncharitable interpretations, and assertions without evidence the order of the day.

It's too bad, really, because there are some really good writers and people on there, but Ophelia, Zvan, Jason, and PZ spoil it.
That's certainly my personal feeling. It's a shame, I can't find the comment but someone mentioned other atheist networks and I personally don't know of any in the vein of FTB. I was an RDF poster and loved it and when Dawk's pulled the plug I drifted for ages looking for something, Panda's thumb, Jref, Rationalia and a few others but didn't get that info bullet I wanted until FTB in it's early incarnation.

It's like FTB has hoovered up a load of my favourite bloggers and is making then say crazy things. My gut reaction about the skeptical/atheist community is one of unease right now. It feels ugly and I'm not encouraged to engage.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

sacha wrote:I have AdBlock Plus, smilies are disabled and won't show as an image, but I still have the fucking flashing images!
Right click the image and block it.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Skeeve wrote:
sacha wrote:I have AdBlock Plus, smilies are disabled and won't show as an image, but I still have the fucking flashing images!
You choose which images you want to see. Freedom!

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Skeeve wrote:
Skeeve wrote:
You choose which images you want to see. Freedom!
But be careful, you may block an entire domain which may have images you DO want to see. Make sure it's the individual image address and not the whole hog.

Post by Guest »

Would a trigger warning help?

sacha

Post by sacha »

Guest wrote:
Would a trigger warning help?
hahaha! Nope.

Just don't go crying when I'm sarcastic, and you think I'm serious.

cheers, Skeeve, gone.

decius

Post by decius »

LSuoma, sorry about your mare.

Azatoth, you're a fucking moron.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Dilurk wrote:
Yes, you are just some obscure atheist who does no leading at all. Richard Dakins Westboro baptist You should be ashamed of yourself Scranton examiner . I mean, why aren't you insulting people?
The interesting 'travesty' of the entire situation of PZ engaging in name-calling and character attacks against me is that PZ promoted my content/activism in the past - particularly concerning the rejected "Atheists." bus ads which made national news twice, landed me on TV stations, radio shows, likely led to speaking gigs... and my receiving legal threats from a subluxation theology-weaving chiropractor. Apparently, none of that and everything else I have been doing does not matter.

The hypocrisy and nonsense is really stunning. PZ seems to be nothing more than an ideologue who is not interested, at least from what I have seen from the content of his posts and the way he behaves online, in globally applying skepticism or acknowledging the fact -- in many cases -- that there can be disagreement and people can work together. Disagree with PZ even a tad and you're a bad person, a 'shitbag,' etc. Have different political ideas yet still are in agreement on church/state issues and 'secular values? You're not made to feel welcome.

Tow the line of agreement on ideological issues which really have nothing to do with secularism or atheism or GTFO is the way PZ makes it to seem. Don't dare speak up and even offer fair and responsible criticism free of personal attacks (which PZ is quite fond of). Nonsense.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

sacha wrote: cheers, Skeeve, gone.
You got rid of Skeeve?!

You can do that!

Mighty nice Skeeve you have. Shame if something happened to 'I'm....

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Badger3k wrote:
sacha wrote: cheers, Skeeve, gone.
You got rid of Skeeve?!

You can do that!

Mighty nice Skeeve you have. Shame if something happened to 'I'm....
...to 'im ! 'im !

f'in autocorrect.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

I've been wondering. Jessica Ahlquist, from what I know, has remained silent on the issues of 'Elevatorgate' and the attacks on D.J. Grothe and TAM. Would PZ and other bloggers dare to throw her under the bus, too, if she had expressed thoughts similar to mine? If Ahlquist said, "Hey guys, don't do that" in response to Canuck calling DJ a "douchebag," would she be called a "tone troll" and a "vacuous shitbag troll?"

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

the impact of YOU getting a rape threat is different than a woman getting one
What the fuck does that even mean?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

How to disable gif animations.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

decius wrote:LSuoma, sorry about your mare.
Thanks, Decius, and thanks to everyone else who expressed sympathy. She became a very, very important part of my life when it was falling apart big-time about a decade and a half ago, and I know the feeling of loss will never go away, but it was the right thing for me to do to relieve her sufferings.
Azatoth, you're a fucking moron.
I assume you're talking about the smilies - I can always turn them off if people abuse them...

BTW: I just noticed this one which is prolly appropriate for PZ Liars: :liar:

decius

Post by decius »

Just about the flashy thing. It's the equivalent of someone farting in an elevator or refusing an offer for a late night coffee.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

decius wrote:Just about the flashy thing. It's the equivalent of someone farting in an elevator or refusing an offer for a late night coffee.
Yes, no one appreciates being flashed.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

last tweet

O rly?

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Dilurk wrote:
decius wrote:Just about the flashy thing. It's the equivalent of someone farting in an elevator or refusing an offer for a late night coffee.
Yes, no one appreciates being flashed.
Well, he is the fastest man alive, so it'd be over before you noticed. :whistle:

Horror - the only problem is the 10 seconds of googling gets you more of the same. Endless talking about the rape threats, but nothing concrete. The closest is troll emails like "I hope you get raped and die! Ha Ha!"

Maybe you should have specified Real rape threats as opposed to Troll rape threats. Although to call them threats is pretty much a stretch.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Would someone please link me these documented threats?

I have yet to see anything other than "I get emails".

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

real horrorshow wrote:Well that didn't last:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8012/7700 ... aa00_z.jpg
Are you really surprised? I'm not.

Not in the least. There are no credible rape threats or he'd have been round to the cozzers, pronto...

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Skeeve wrote:Would someone please link me these documented threats?

I have yet to see anything other than "I get emails".
They're being kept in a super-secret location, being looked at by "top people". Top people.

(cue John Williams)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:
Are you really surprised? I'm not.

Not in the least. There are no credible rape threats or She'd have been round to the cozzers, pronto...

decius

Post by decius »

Yeah, shame on you, Horror. How could you ignore all that voluminous documentation of innuendos and anecdotes pointing to anonymous offenders?

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8012/7700 ... aa00_z.jpg
The burden is on the people claiming the "literal threats of rape and murder" exist (from secularist to secularist). Anyway, let's assume this isn't the case for some reason. What's so difficult about her linking what is apparently so easy to find? How does one even go about Googling this anyway? BANNED FOR ASKING A QUESTION.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

From Jean Zazez (as was previously mentioned). Will she be the next 'witch of the week?' From what I recall, Watson and co. haven't even engaged with her arguments yet on their blogs. Why is that? Perhaps they just want to repeat the 'all dissent is trolling narrative' and not answer real questions from honest dissenters?
While it's frustrating that complaints are sometimes greeted with excessive skepticism and even sexist rage, it's certainly not true that everyone should take every complaint at face value. Sometimes people actually do exaggerate, misread situations, judge them by inappropriate standards, etc. Sometimes it's ambiguous or debatable what qualifies as appropriate behavior in a certain situation.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

justinvacula wrote:From Jean Zazez (as was previously mentioned). Will she be the next 'witch of the week?' From what I recall, Watson and co. haven't even engaged with her arguments yet on their blogs. Why is that? Perhaps they just want to repeat the 'all dissent is trolling narrative' and not answer real questions from honest dissenters?
While it's frustrating that complaints are sometimes greeted with excessive skepticism and even sexist rage, it's certainly not true that everyone should take every complaint at face value. Sometimes people actually do exaggerate, misread situations, judge them by inappropriate standards, etc. Sometimes it's ambiguous or debatable what qualifies as appropriate behavior in a certain situation.
Ahh, I misspelled.

Anyway, I think Ophelia and Kazez had some back-and-forth in comments, but I don't recall seeing blog posts about the issue. Enlighten me if I am mistaken.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

justinvacula wrote:
The burden is on the people claiming the "literal threats of rape and murder" exist (from secularist to secularist). Anyway, let's assume this isn't the case for some reason. What's so difficult about her linking what is apparently so easy to find? How does one even go about Googling this anyway? BANNED FOR ASKING A QUESTION.
In a way, horror was actually banned for questioning the narrative. He dared to question that, in the form of asking for some evidence. Which is clearly verbotten. Get on your coffee shirt, Horror.

If there was one link to a credible, or even half-way credible threat, I'd wager it would end a lot of the "show us the money" questions. Of course, it would also show the incredibly low threshold they have for a "threat", which would further open themselves to ridicule.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

justinvacula wrote:
justinvacula wrote:From Jean Zazez (as was previously mentioned). Will she be the next 'witch of the week?' From what I recall, Watson and co. haven't even engaged with her arguments yet on their blogs. Why is that? Perhaps they just want to repeat the 'all dissent is trolling narrative' and not answer real questions from honest dissenters?
Ahh, I misspelled.

Anyway, I think Ophelia and Kazez had some back-and-forth in comments, but I don't recall seeing blog posts about the issue. Enlighten me if I am mistaken.
The origin of the quoted passage complaining about sexism

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

justinvacula wrote:BANNED FOR ASKING A QUESTION.
He should be glad that Twatson has no real power, otherwise he would be in gaol or dead. Such a questioning is entirely analogous to religious heresy.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:
justinvacula wrote:BANNED FOR ASKING A QUESTION.
He should be glad that Twatson has no real power, otherwise he would be in gaol or dead. Such a questioning is entirely analogous to religious heresy.
Heresy, derives of course, from the Greek haeresis, meaning choice, effectively choosing not to believe "facts" decreed to be true, and which do not need the support of facts.