Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Old subthreads
sacha

Re: Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Post by sacha »

bhoytony wrote:In case all the lurkers think this is becoming a haven of kind and caring human beings, I'd like to confirm their original suspicions. I have no intention of donating any money to Natalie Reed and there is no fucking way I would ever invite a stranger to live in my home. I can think of several hundred people off the top of my head who I think would be more in need of any help I could give, never mind some random stranger who seems to be a bit of an arsehole and lives in another country thousands of miles away.
I do admit I am a bit of a cunt, but at least I'm honest.

hahahaha! I adore you.

my thoughts exactly

comslave

Post by comslave »

Mykeru wrote:I should add that I'm in favor of women serving in combat. Because it's not all just humping stuff around. And in any case, no one should have to carry infantry loads.

Still, it's a no-win.

Not in favor of women in combat = sexist

In favor of women in combat = misogynist

I want equality of opportunity, but not equality of result. I want to give women the opportunity for combat training, but if they don't make it, no special privileges. If you can't carry the pack, can't keep your gun clean, can't shoot straight, you're out.

Let them try, but don't treat them one once differently than the men.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Mark Neil wrote:
another lurker wrote:[spoiler]The following comment was posed on a website to other members and the thread's subject was:

Birth Control 'Accident'?
Posted by purple_2009 (My Page) on Wed, Feb 4, 09 at 14:45

Okay, so I am about to make the biggest decision of my life and I need some honest advice from someone other than my family. I have been with my boyfriend for over 2 years, and we have been living together for over 6 months. I am 27 and he is 32. Things are going great but the whole idea of marriage scares me because my parents had a horrible marriage. To me, it just feels like I am legally binding myself to someone! Anyway, what is most important to me in LIFE is having children; I have wanted them for as long as I can remember. All of my friends are having kids and starting families. My boyfriend is not one to talk about his feelings, EVER, so other than the fact that we live together and things are going well, I have no idea where our relationship is going. I have tried bringing it up to him, but he is just not easy to talk to about these things, and I am always left feeling no better off about our future than I did before. I am SURE we will get married one day, but when??

"women like that" are more common that you relaise
I have always wanted to have kids by 28 and I know timeline’s get messed up, but this is too important. What I really want to do is go off the pill and get pregnant. We both have wonderful jobs and a house and are in a stable relationship and I know that he will love his baby, but I make a wonderful salary and could support the child on my own if I ever needed to. I want to do this so bad that I don’t know if I can turn back at this point. Accidents happen on the pill all the time, and who knows, it could end up happening anyway. He is just such a slow mover; I don’t think the kid conversation would even come up until I’m 30! I know 30 is young and TONS of people have kids at 30 and above, but I can’t give up my dream, and then what if we end up not working out anyway? Then I’m back to square one! I have one of those mothers who is just so outside the box and I love it. She knows our situation and can see that everything would be just fine. She thinks I should just go for it, but I also want an outside opinion. What do I do?

Read more here: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/si ... 071.html?8

Women like this make me sick.[/spoiler]
It's women like that that makes it so hard not to get angry when people start blaming (only) men for fatherlessness.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Mark Neil wrote:
another lurker wrote:[spoiler]The following comment was posed on a website to other members and the thread's subject was:

Okay, so I am about to make the biggest decision of my life and I need some honest advice from someone other than my family. I have been with my boyfriend for over 2 years, and we have been living together for over 6 months. I am 27 and he is 32. Things are going great but the whole idea of marriage scares me because my parents had a horrible marriage. To me, it just feels like I am legally binding myself to someone! Anyway, what is most important to me in LIFE is having children; I have wanted them for as long as I can remember. All of my friends are having kids and starting families. My boyfriend is not one to talk about his feelings, EVER, so other than the fact that we live together and things are going well, I have no idea where our relationship is going. I have tried bringing it up to him, but he is just not easy to talk to about these things, and I am always left feeling no better off about our future than I did before. I am SURE we will get married one day, but when??

"women like that" are more common that you realise
I have always wanted to have kids by 28 and I know timeline’s get messed up, but this is too important. What I really want to do is go off the pill and get pregnant. We both have wonderful jobs and a house and are in a stable relationship and I know that he will love his baby, but I make a wonderful salary and could support the child on my own if I ever needed to. I want to do this so bad that I don’t know if I can turn back at this point. Accidents happen on the pill all the time, and who knows, it could end up happening anyway. He is just such a slow mover; I don’t think the kid conversation would even come up until I’m 30! I know 30 is young and TONS of people have kids at 30 and above, but I can’t give up my dream, and then what if we end up not working out anyway? Then I’m back to square one! I have one of those mothers who is just so outside the box and I love it. She knows our situation and can see that everything would be just fine. She thinks I should just go for it, but I also want an outside opinion. What do I do?

It's women like that that makes it so hard not to get angry when people start blaming (only) men for fatherlessness.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Mark Neil wrote:

fuck. 3rd time

sorry.

Notung

Post by Notung »

John Greg wrote:...if we really want to put our money where our mouths are and prove to ourselves that we are in fact humanists holding some kind of high moral ground, we must take the first step in proving it...

...it is meaningful and morally sound and ethical to overlook, at least for the time being, distasteful attitudes and opinions they may have held in the past that do not have any direct bearing on their potential homelessness...
With the first part - I don't think we need to donate to Natalie Reed or to anything in particular in order to prove to ourselves that we are humanists. I think there are many paths to the 'moral high ground', and I doubt your lion will be anything like Androcles'.

With the second part - I wasn't saying that 'DIE CIS SCUM' meant you shouldn't donate. I was saying that I see no reason to donate to a blogger I don't even read, or know, or have any connection to, other than the fact they seem to hate people like me. This is true especially in light of the other things I could donate to and do feel a connection to, like cancer research.

But I stress, if you want to donate, then I'm not going to quibble. It's your money.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

sacha wrote:
Trophy wrote:
Okay, I checked the link and the survey and I was wrong. Yes, in the past 12 months, the survey lists 1.1% of the sample (est. 1.26M men in total) as victims of "made to penetrate" with 80% of them commited by women. So I was very wrong. I really apologize.

And yes, it's equal to the percentage of women raped in the sample. So I guess I was the fucking moron, huh.
not anymore you aren't. cheers for admitting you were wrong.
And cheers for admitting – contrary to an article of faith in some quarters that one should “never apologize” – that admitting that oneself was wrong actually has some value …. ;-)

Stretchycheese

Post by Stretchycheese »

Metalogic42 wrote:First off, @Lsuoma: it may be on my end, but I'm getting some slowdown when I try to navigate the 'pit. How does I fix?

Second, this is spectacular:
Orenda wrote: Setar
"Yes, julian, do fuck off. As can you, wind."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1450#p64801

The_Laughing_Coyote
"I don't give a single dry fuck about your 'dissenting opinion'."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1200#p61129
"Good fucking riddance, you human urinal."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=950#p56264
"Julian, OTOH, is just a brick of shit and his flouncing is no loss to any of us."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1400#p64650
"Go fuck yourself, Wind. Hard.
I have zero respect for people who think they're ENTITLED to dictate to other people what they should be comfortable with or what their boundaries should be.
Fuck you."
This post was given a warning by hyperdeath,
Moderator Warning: That comment is unacceptable. Please do not cross the line from anger to gratuitous nastiness.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1400#p64656
"No wind, you're fucking WRONG for feeling entitled to dictate to other people what their boundaries should be and what they should and shouldn't be comfortable with. Wrong, stupid, selfish, and FUCKING ENTITLED."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1400#p64661
"You're a miserable entitled shit and after this display I wouldn't trust you with the time of day.
And I'd gladly say "Good fucking riddance" to you, except, you know, you're still here, reciting your script. Poorly."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1500#p64912
"Cee has the right of it. I think you should just fuck off by now. Go run to the slymepit and tell them how mean we are."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1500#p64916

Cipher
"Shut the fuck up and lurk for a while, or you're going to get your ignorant ass banned. And yes, wah, I'm a meanieface. I'm not going to cut you slack for being a newbie anymore unless you show some fucking signs of actually trying to figure out what the fuck this space is for and why you're getting the responses you are."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=875#p52769
"I do in fact fucking care about you shitting up this space, since I am in it, I have worked to make it a better space, and I care about the other people who have done the same, you blithering fucking twit. I don't personally care which outcome happens - either you shut the fuck up until you can learn not to behave like a complete asshole or the mods come down on you like a ton of bricks - but if the threat of banning gets you to shut the fuck up sooner, the better for all of us."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=875#p52787
"I mean, obviously the person is a fuckbrain, obviously I don't buy that shit considering the number of us who are bi and would jump all over any actual biphobia, but I can't even figure out the Absurd Troll Logic here."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=950#p58534
"Don't be coy, marinerachel. Go ahead and name names, if you want to be this kind of asshole."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=975#p58974
"I guess I'll ask again, since you've decided to fucking do it again, marinerachel. EITHER NAME FUCKING NAMES OR FUCK OFF. I am sick of your passive-aggressive dishonest shit-stirring."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1050#p59516
"Nice use of the passive voice there, asshole."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1225#p61209
"Um, factually, TLC has in fact been warned and told to back off or moderate his words before by moderators. Others whom you might consider too mean and angry, including me, have also been taken aside by other members in efforts to help when a certain level of rage toxicity seems to be hit, although usually that takes the form less of a reprimand and more of a "So what's up with you?" type of thing.
As you know, "sarcastic" and "rude" are not qualities I consider bad, so you might not take me terribly seriously on this point."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1375#p64612
"Wind, stop LYING, you shameless LIAR, about your source. Have a little integrity. Don't you believe in transparency? You two-faced, lying, shielding motherfucker.*"
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1450#p64733
"Fuck off, Skeptical Jay. Stop baiting people."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1600#p65213

Kassiane
"WHAT THE BLAZING FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?????????? ON WHAT PLANET IS THIS ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR FOR A MODERATOR??????
I expect an explanation. Because this is FUCKING bullshit and clearly you don't understand social justice. Good job on the "safe space". You keep using those words. They don't mean what you think they mean.
This is why I don't trust you. Because you don't fucking deserve it. You're the same privileged assholes who are in charge everywhere else."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=975#p58959
Indeed! Wow! It is rather entertaining to watch the A+ forum turn into a re-enactment of Lord of the Flies. They have the audacity to say that Slymepit is a hate site, while they exhibit the nastiest sort of vitriol, acrimony, and hatred towards each other? It's pretty much what you can expect from idealogues and dogmatists. Heresy, dissent and nonconformity are viciously attacked -- but when you get competing idealogue factions that claim to represent the purists it gets even worse.
:popcorn:

It's pretty much what you can
Last edited by Lsuoma on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: cunt on a bike (bored with real reasons)

sacha

Post by sacha »

Gumby wrote:Every time I see a Pit name I automatically follow, because I'm a misogynistic cult automaton that way.
haha!

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Setar wrote:Oh no. I have told someone to fuck off. Forgive me for this display of...of...working-class behaviour. I really should do better after all, as befits our wonderful capitalist society, by displaying some class.
Way to stereotype working class people, Setar. Check your privilege!

Stretchycheese

Post by Stretchycheese »

Hmmm, okay that was weird, regarding my post above. If a mod can fix that somehow, it would be much appreciated.

comslave

Post by comslave »

welch wrote:
telomericfusion wrote:"2.78 million men in the U.S. have been victims of sexual assault or rape."

http://rainn.org/get-information/statis ... lt-victims
and no information in that article about who was doing the raping. That a LOT of men are raped is not the argument. It's how many women are raping men.

You're forgetting that doesn't matter because of privilege.

We also tend to die a lot on the job. That doesn't matter either.

Me? Bitter? Of course not.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Stretchycheese wrote:Hmmm, okay that was weird, regarding my post above. If a mod can fix that somehow, it would be much appreciated.
Way ahead of you, splicker!

decius

Post by decius »

When not in a live-in relationship, I tend to invite strangers, including homeless people, to stay at my home for short period of times, until they can get back on their feet (or at least rest, wash and eat properly for a while). Many times that courtesy has been extended to me during adventurous travelling. Only a couple of times it turned out badly, but on average, I regard it as one of those things that enrich one's life.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

comslave wrote:
We also tend to die a lot on the job.
Dying on the job? Sign me up!

fascination

Post by fascination »

Notung wrote:
John Greg wrote:...if we really want to put our money where our mouths are and prove to ourselves that we are in fact humanists holding some kind of high moral ground, we must take the first step in proving it...

...it is meaningful and morally sound and ethical to overlook, at least for the time being, distasteful attitudes and opinions they may have held in the past that do not have any direct bearing on their potential homelessness...
With the first part - I don't think we need to donate to Natalie Reed or to anything in particular in order to prove to ourselves that we are humanists. I think there are many paths to the 'moral high ground', and I doubt your lion will be anything like Androcles'.

With the second part - I wasn't saying that 'DIE CIS SCUM' meant you shouldn't donate. I was saying that I see no reason to donate to a blogger I don't even read, or know, or have any connection to, other than the fact they seem to hate people like me. This is true especially in light of the other things I could donate to and do feel a connection to, like cancer research.

But I stress, if you want to donate, then I'm not going to quibble. It's your money.
I read John differently than that. I may have misunderstood him though as I have a horrible migraine and the only thing I can safely take during pregnancy for a severe migraine is an opiate so my head is a little fuzzy right now from my medication. Im donating because I have empathy for her. I have been in a similar situation and it sucks. I had people around that helped me out at the time and I am in a position to help Natalie so I will if I can. I help out homeless people whenever I can. It also makes me feel good to do volunteer and charity work. It's that simple for me. I can't speak to other people's motives but those are mine.

comslave

Post by comslave »

sacha wrote:
Mark Neil wrote:

fuck. 3rd time

sorry.

Whoever this poor guy is, somebody tell him to run the fuck away! FAST!

Look, if a guy doesn't say he wants to have kids, then getting pregnant "accidentally" is guaranteed to end the relationship. That also goes for getting pregnant to "save the marriage". Both are fastracks to single motherhood.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

fascination wrote:I hear you Zenspace. I understand your position too (and francs!). I have to admit that I'm a bit of a bleeding heart. Its one of the things that annoys the shit out of my husband. Luckily I'm good looking and give really good blow jobs so he tends to overlook the little things. :)
:lol: well there is that! Sounds like you've worked out a balanced system! :D

Just to be clear, my comment was not a criticism. We each live with different experiences and approach these things in different ways. I do find it fascinating to see the difference between the FtB and Slimepit response to the matter, especially as Reed was not 'one of us'. The FtB crowd should be damn embarrassed.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

fascination wrote:Like I said though, I feel for trans people.
Turn on the light.
Then you can just see them, rather than feel for them.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Steersman wrote:
sacha wrote:
Trophy wrote:
Okay, I checked the link and the survey and I was wrong. Yes, in the past 12 months, the survey lists 1.1% of the sample (est. 1.26M men in total) as victims of "made to penetrate" with 80% of them commited by women. So I was very wrong. I really apologize.

And yes, it's equal to the percentage of women raped in the sample. So I guess I was the fucking moron, huh.
And cheers for admitting – contrary to an article of faith in some quarters that one should “never apologize” – that admitting that oneself was wrong actually has some value …. ;-)

fuck off Steersman.

by now you should realise when I say "never apologise" I don't mean "never"

winking right back at you, baby

fascination

Post by fascination »

sacha wrote:
Mark Neil wrote:

fuck. 3rd time

sorry.
Yup, I agree completely Sacha. Men would be shocked to hear the shit women discuss behind their backs. It's disgusting to get pregnant "on the sly".

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CommanderTuvok wrote:http://i.imgur.com/2AS5b5x.jpg

What is this a reference to? The Twitter Parodies? I'm not one of those. Nice try, though, Aratina - but if I can use a Baboon favourite, EVIDENCE, or STFU.
Since someone else was asking about Wally Smith and since that seems to be what you’re referring to, although I wonder how Aratina linked you to him, the following and link might clarify:
Dick Strawkins wrote: For those who don't know the details, Wally Smith was a Christian troll who targeted the gnu atheist community about three years ago. He set up several blogs and used an enormous number of sockpuppets to create the impression that there was a sizeable group who agreed with his points. He also used sockpuppets to call Ophelia Benson names, notably labeling her a "putrid twat", with the expected result from Ophelia (a complete freak out)

comslave

Post by comslave »

fascination wrote:
sacha wrote:
Mark Neil wrote:

fuck. 3rd time

sorry.
Yup, I agree completely Sacha. Men would be shocked to hear the shit women discuss behind their backs. It's disgusting to get pregnant "on the sly".

There's a habit of this in my family. It never ends well. Of course, this original post was in 2009, so the kid is pobably getting ready for pre school and doesn't know who his father is.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

decius wrote:When not in a live-in relationship, I tend to invite strangers, including homeless people, to stay at my home for short period of times, until they can get back on their feet (or at least rest, wash and eat properly for a while). Many times that courtesy has been extended to me during adventurous travelling. Only a couple of times it turned out badly, but on average, I regard it as one of those things that enrich one's life.
The ancient Greeks had an apt word for this reciprocation of hospitality irrespective of social status:
ξενία (xenia)
(An antonym is xenophobia)

In fact, in the Odyssey, it was considered the height of rudeness to even ask the name of a stranger until after they had eaten & drank their fill.

comslave

Post by comslave »

The slymepit is being a little sluggish tonight. maybe time to cleanup the mysql database a bit.

fascination

Post by fascination »

Zenspace wrote:
fascination wrote:I hear you Zenspace. I understand your position too (and francs!). I have to admit that I'm a bit of a bleeding heart. Its one of the things that annoys the shit out of my husband. Luckily I'm good looking and give really good blow jobs so he tends to overlook the little things. :)
:lol: well there is that! Sounds like you've worked out a balanced system! :D

Just to be clear, my comment was not a criticism. We each live with different experiences and approach these things in different ways. I do find it fascinating to see the difference between the FtB and Slimepit response to the matter, especially as Reed was not 'one of us'. The FtB crowd should be damn embarrassed.
I've long ago given up on them being embarrassed by anything. It doesn't matter though, I'm not trying to "show up" FTB. I just don't want a fellow human being living out on the street, not if I can do anything to prevent it.

sacha

Re: get it on

Post by sacha »

Apples wrote:[quote"Angry_Drunk"]But the important thing is that you’ve found a way to feel superior to everyone else.
Deeeeep Rifts in the 'Pit. Maybe someone should start a "What is Socialism + How Would It Shirk/Work?" thread and we can have a cage match.[/quote]

meh - we have been having cage matches for over two years now

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

comslave wrote:The slymepit is being a little sluggish tonight. maybe time to cleanup the mysql database a bit.
Magical thinking, I'm afraid.
Voodoo instead of computer science.

A bit like in the old days, when your pooter was infected by a trojan, and your brother-in-law whose qualifications in Comp Sci extend to having recognised a laptop in a well lit room advises you to "de-frag" your hard-drive as a remedy.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

sacha wrote:
Steersman wrote: [spoiler]
sacha wrote:
Trophy wrote:

[/spoiler]And cheers for admitting – contrary to an article of faith in some quarters that one should “never apologize” – that admitting that oneself was wrong actually has some value …. ;-)
fuck off Steersman.

I think that qualifies as a page from the FfTB playbook – paying words extra and making them mean whatever they want them to mean in service of the dogma de jour. “Sexism” and “privilege” being cases in point.

Making categorical statements of virtually any kind tends, I find, to result very frequently in being “hoist by one’s own petard” – sort of an example of karma [non-woo-ish definition] ….

sacha

Post by sacha »

BarnOwl wrote:
TedDahlberg wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:I love my penguin-shaped Soda Stream! For me, the fizziness is the main attraction - most of the time I just drink carbonated tap water. Occasionally I'll add a bit of pomegranate or acai juice, or if I'm really feeling decadent, the Goya brand mango, passion fruit, or guava nectars.
Could one humbly beg for directions as to where one might purchase such a wondrously shaped devise?
No begging necessary! You can get a Penguin (we call him Wheezy) through the Sodastream international website - just use the drop-down menu to select your country. I prefer the glass carafes to plastic, and the Penguin comes with the glass ones. The problem used to be getting the refill CO2 cartridges, but now I can get them at Target or Bed Bath & Beyond.

You have no idea how much I have spent on carbonated water in the past 30 or more years. I just may have to get myself a penguin as well. refill cartridges must be available online.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

fascination said:
Im donating because I have empathy for her. I have been in a similar situation and it sucks. I had people around that helped me out at the time and I am in a position to help Natalie so I will if I can.
No, you read me right. Those are, for the most part, my reasons too.

decius

Post by decius »

Michael K Gray wrote: The ancient Greeks had an apt word for this reciprocation of hospitality irrespective of social status:
ξενία (xenia)

In fact, in the Odyssey, it was considered the height of rudeness to even ask the name of a stranger until after they had eaten & drank their fill.
The Romans were no different.
Enter the christians (and the muslims) and the tradition gets perverted by sectarianism. During the Middle Ages, if you weren't rich or a pilgrim, you'd better disguise yourself as one.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I'm donating $20 bucks to either NR or Lsuoma's future footwear purchases. Oh the lulz.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Michael K Gray wrote:
decius wrote:When not in a live-in relationship, I tend to invite strangers, including homeless people, to stay at my home for short period of times, until they can get back on their feet (or at least rest, wash and eat properly for a while). Many times that courtesy has been extended to me during adventurous travelling. Only a couple of times it turned out badly, but on average, I regard it as one of those things that enrich one's life.
The ancient Greeks had an apt word for this reciprocation of hospitality irrespective of social status:
ξενία (xenia)

Nothing really ancient about this hospitality. Friends who have travelled the Middle East report about this hospitally and I have experienced it myself when travelling throughout the Greek Islands...including being invited to wedding (after helping a young guy write a letter to a Dutch lass he had fallen for). More recently my partner and I are regularly invited to dine with a couple of Chaldean Iranian refugees living here in Sydney whilst refusing reciprocal invites.

If I was single I would bring a hobo back home for a wash and feed till the clothes dried.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

fascination wrote:Franc, I do local charity and volunteer work. I wanted to help Natalie because I don't think anyone should be homeless and I help out homeless people whenever I can. My husband and I are considered well off financially and I can afford to help her out. However, I have to admit that my opinion of her just dropped quite a bit after reading the post I linked to above.
I'm more concerned about this tweet:
Okay, so, here's the thing: hairdresser-I-trust just got sick. Do I: a) reshedule w/ her for Monday / maybe Sunday (sadface), or...
Yeah, when I was about to be homeless, the last thing I had on my schedule was a hairdresser.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

sacha wrote: [spoiler]
BarnOwl wrote:
TedDahlberg wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:I love my penguin-shaped Soda Stream! For me, the fizziness is the main attraction - most of the time I just drink carbonated tap water. Occasionally I'll add a bit of pomegranate or acai juice, or if I'm really feeling decadent, the Goya brand mango, passion fruit, or guava nectars.
Could one humbly beg for directions as to where one might purchase such a wondrously shaped devise?
No begging necessary! You can get a Penguin (we call him Wheezy) through the Sodastream international website - just use the drop-down menu to select your country. I prefer the glass carafes to plastic, and the Penguin comes with the glass ones. The problem used to be getting the refill CO2 cartridges, but now I can get them at Target or Bed Bath & Beyond.
[/spoiler]

You have no idea how much I have spent on carbonated water in the past 30 or more years. I just may have to get myself a penguin as well. refill cartridges must be available online.
usually the shop at the mall you buy them from have a gas cylinder exchange thing going on and you only pay for the price of the gas refill....

sacha

Post by sacha »

fascination wrote:Men would be shocked to hear the shit women discuss behind their backs.
they truly have no idea.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Please - rethink the Natalie Reed funding. With her recent tweets about hair salon appointments, I'm more than a bit worried about sending her any money. When I was just days away from being out on the street, the last thing I was concerned about was a fucking salon appointment. Be very, very wary.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Hey. I need someone to give me a link to a good conspiracy theory website (with as many misspellings and crazy rantings as possible lol).

I want to do a reading this weekend - and I want to have a non-FTB/A+ epsiode :P

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

fascination wrote:Found the link to the shirt Notung was talking about. Reed was referencing another person's post, but in this post she calls non Trans people "cisholes".
http://freethoughtblogs.com/nataliereed ... rumptious/
Let me offer some context.

If a trans individual can not "pass" and they happen to live within the confines of a socioeconomic group not know for tolerance, then there is a non-trivial chance they will be subjected to some very negative behaviour.

So we should not be surprised if repeated exposure within that sort of environment has a detrimental effect upon such an individual.

Of course everyone responds in varying degrees across a spectrum. Hopefully, any person who manages to escape into a better situation will benefit and eventually flourish.

If Natalie calls the SJW as I suggested, hopefully she will get the help she needs, and in turn we may see a better side of her.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Steersman wrote:
sacha wrote:
Steersman wrote: [spoiler]
sacha wrote:
Trophy wrote:

[/spoiler]And cheers for admitting – contrary to an article of faith in some quarters that one should “never apologize” – that admitting that oneself was wrong actually has some value …. ;-)
fuck off Steersman.

I think that qualifies as a page from the FfTB playbook – paying words extra and making them mean whatever they want them to mean in service of the dogma de jour. “Sexism” and “privilege” being cases in point.

Making categorical statements of virtually any kind tends, I find, to result very frequently in being “hoist by one’s own petard” – sort of an example of karma [non-woo-ish definition] ….

It was always stated in jest (at least from me). sarcasm, luv. something you (and FfTB/Septchick/A+ have some trouble with)

(no such thing as Karma non-wooish definition)

franc

Post by franc »

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Sodastream

How long do you have to use the Soda Stream before it saves you money (prices in AUD):

Sodastream Machine (inc 1x 1ltr bottle, + Gas cylinder) $70

Gas cylinder recycled/refill $14
Spare Plastic 1ltr bottle $10 ( I bought 4 spare bottles so that I can pre-cool the filtered tap water)

So a per unit basic cost is:
1400 cents / 32 = $0.44 (43.75 rounded up)

Ignoring the machines initial outlay as we'll factor this in a bit later, a gas cylinder is supposed to make 40 lts of fizzy water. I like it a little extra fizzy so it really makes about 32 ltrs

Woolies have a 2ltr bottle of Soda water going for $1.85 (on special) normally it would be about $2. We'll stick with $2 so that's $1/ltr. My initial outlay was $70 + $40 for the spare bottles. That equals $110.

I'll have to make 110 bottles of soda water before I recoupe my initial expenses, plus to make 110 litres I will need to refill the gas about 3 times. Which adds another 42 bottles I have to make.

So...a grand total of 152 bottles of Soda Water before we start saving...and I'm not including labour time in cleaning the bottles and filtering the water ( I have a 5ltr ceramic water filter).

At about roughly 10 liters of soda water a week it'll take 15 or so weeks to re-coup...and hope the Sodastream machine is still working.

UnbelieveSteve

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

Second, this is spectacular:

[spoiler]
Orenda wrote: Setar
"Yes, julian, do fuck off. As can you, wind."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1450#p64801

The_Laughing_Coyote
"I don't give a single dry fuck about your 'dissenting opinion'."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1200#p61129
"Good fucking riddance, you human urinal."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=950#p56264
"Julian, OTOH, is just a brick of shit and his flouncing is no loss to any of us."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1400#p64650
"Go fuck yourself, Wind. Hard.
I have zero respect for people who think they're ENTITLED to dictate to other people what they should be comfortable with or what their boundaries should be.
Fuck you."
This post was given a warning by hyperdeath,
Moderator Warning: That comment is unacceptable. Please do not cross the line from anger to gratuitous nastiness.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1400#p64656
"No wind, you're fucking WRONG for feeling entitled to dictate to other people what their boundaries should be and what they should and shouldn't be comfortable with. Wrong, stupid, selfish, and FUCKING ENTITLED."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1400#p64661
"You're a miserable entitled shit and after this display I wouldn't trust you with the time of day.
And I'd gladly say "Good fucking riddance" to you, except, you know, you're still here, reciting your script. Poorly."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1500#p64912
"Cee has the right of it. I think you should just fuck off by now. Go run to the slymepit and tell them how mean we are."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1500#p64916

Cipher
"Shut the fuck up and lurk for a while, or you're going to get your ignorant ass banned. And yes, wah, I'm a meanieface. I'm not going to cut you slack for being a newbie anymore unless you show some fucking signs of actually trying to figure out what the fuck this space is for and why you're getting the responses you are."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=875#p52769
"I do in fact fucking care about you shitting up this space, since I am in it, I have worked to make it a better space, and I care about the other people who have done the same, you blithering fucking twit. I don't personally care which outcome happens - either you shut the fuck up until you can learn not to behave like a complete asshole or the mods come down on you like a ton of bricks - but if the threat of banning gets you to shut the fuck up sooner, the better for all of us."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=875#p52787
"I mean, obviously the person is a fuckbrain, obviously I don't buy that shit considering the number of us who are bi and would jump all over any actual biphobia, but I can't even figure out the Absurd Troll Logic here."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=950#p58534
"Don't be coy, marinerachel. Go ahead and name names, if you want to be this kind of asshole."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=975#p58974
"I guess I'll ask again, since you've decided to fucking do it again, marinerachel. EITHER NAME FUCKING NAMES OR FUCK OFF. I am sick of your passive-aggressive dishonest shit-stirring."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1050#p59516
"Nice use of the passive voice there, asshole."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1225#p61209
"Um, factually, TLC has in fact been warned and told to back off or moderate his words before by moderators. Others whom you might consider too mean and angry, including me, have also been taken aside by other members in efforts to help when a certain level of rage toxicity seems to be hit, although usually that takes the form less of a reprimand and more of a "So what's up with you?" type of thing.
As you know, "sarcastic" and "rude" are not qualities I consider bad, so you might not take me terribly seriously on this point."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1375#p64612
"Wind, stop LYING, you shameless LIAR, about your source. Have a little integrity. Don't you believe in transparency? You two-faced, lying, shielding motherfucker.*"
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1450#p64733
"Fuck off, Skeptical Jay. Stop baiting people."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1600#p65213

Kassiane
"WHAT THE BLAZING FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?????????? ON WHAT PLANET IS THIS ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR FOR A MODERATOR??????
I expect an explanation. Because this is FUCKING bullshit and clearly you don't understand social justice. Good job on the "safe space". You keep using those words. They don't mean what you think they mean.
This is why I don't trust you. Because you don't fucking deserve it. You're the same privileged assholes who are in charge everywhere else."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=975#p58959
[/spoiler]

Charming little darlings with their potty mouths.
https://unbelievesteve.wordpress.com/20 ... -swearing/

sacha

Post by sacha »

TheMan wrote:
sacha wrote:
usually the shop at the mall you buy them from have a gas cylinder exchange thing going on and you only pay for the price of the gas refill....
oh sweetie, I get homicidal at malls. It's small San Francisco neighbourhood shops, or the internet.
I would not pick up a penguin paid for and waiting if I had to go to a mall.

franc

Post by franc »

rocko2466 wrote:Hey. I need someone to give me a link to a good conspiracy theory website (with as many misspellings and crazy rantings as possible lol).

I want to do a reading this weekend - and I want to have a non-FTB/A+ epsiode :P
http://www.timecube.com/

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

I just spotted my maths error.... should be roughly 60 bottles of Sodastream soda water I have to make because it's only costing me $0.44 to make....rather than forking out $1/ltre.

Notung

Post by Notung »

franc wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:Hey. I need someone to give me a link to a good conspiracy theory website (with as many misspellings and crazy rantings as possible lol).

Beat me to it!

sacha

Post by sacha »

TheMan wrote:Sodastream

How long do you have to use the Soda Stream before it saves you money (prices in AUD):

Sodastream Machine (inc 1x 1ltr bottle, + Gas cylinder) $70

Gas cylinder recycled/refill $14
Spare Plastic 1ltr bottle $10 ( I bought 4 spare bottles so that I can pre-cool the filtered tap water)

So a per unit basic cost is:
1400 cents / 32 = $0.44 (43.75 rounded up)

Ignoring the machines initial outlay as we'll factor this in a bit later, a gas cylinder is supposed to make 40 lts of fizzy water. I like it a little extra fizzy so it really makes about 32 ltrs

Woolies have a 2ltr bottle of Soda water going for $1.85 (on special) normally it would be about $2. We'll stick with $2 so that's $1/ltr. My initial outlay was $70 + $40 for the spare bottles. That equals $110.

I'll have to make 110 bottles of soda water before I recoupe my initial expenses, plus to make 110 litres I will need to refill the gas about 3 times. Which adds another 42 bottles I have to make.

So...a grand total of 152 bottles of Soda Water before we start saving...and I'm not including labour time in cleaning the bottles and filtering the water ( I have a 5ltr ceramic water filter).

At about roughly 10 liters of soda water a week it'll take 15 or so weeks to re-coup...and hope the Sodastream machine is still working.
I drink about 24 18oz bottles a week

fascination

Post by fascination »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
fascination wrote:Franc, I do local charity and volunteer work. I wanted to help Natalie because I don't think anyone should be homeless and I help out homeless people whenever I can. My husband and I are considered well off financially and I can afford to help her out. However, I have to admit that my opinion of her just dropped quite a bit after reading the post I linked to above.
Okay, so, here's the thing: hairdresser-I-trust just got sick. Do I: a) reshedule w/ her for Monday / maybe Sunday (sadface), or...
Yeah, when I was about to be homeless, the last thing I had on my schedule was a hairdresser.
Thank you for letting me know about that tweet Renee. I will definitely take it into consideration. AFAIK Natalie hasn't asked anyone to send her money. Some of us just heard about her situation and were concerned. So it's not as if she can be accused of anything untoward here. I dont feel like I can criticize her too much on her financial decisions. If I were in her position though, I would be saving every dollar I could to look for a place to live, you know? I don't know....

sacha

Post by sacha »

franc wrote:

hahahaha!

sacha

Post by sacha »

In case some were not sure, more proof that Some Grey Bloke has been drinking the Kool Aid:
Kool Aid Bloke.png
(46.61 KiB) Downloaded 185 times

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Please - rethink the Natalie Reed funding. With her recent tweets about hair salon appointments, I'm more than a bit worried about sending her any money. When I was just days away from being out on the street, the last thing I was concerned about was a fucking salon appointment. Be very, very wary.
I think connecting her to appropriate support services was brilliant. I haven't offered a dime because I suspect a lust for Fluevogs to be at work.
I bear no ill will towards Natalie (despite her writing) but again, I have to ask; how many actual homeless people are busy tweeting?

sacha

Post by sacha »

fascination wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
Thank you for letting me know about that tweet Renee. I will definitely take it into consideration. AFAIK Natalie hasn't asked anyone to send her money. Some of us just heard about her situation and were concerned. So it's not as if she can be accused of anything untoward here. I dont feel like I can criticize her too much on her financial decisions. If I were in her position though, I would be saving every dollar I could to look for a place to live, you know? I don't know....
Just to remind everyone, by donating to the SlymePit, Abbie gets to recoup some of the income she lost when she was bullied into moving the original pit from Nat Geo.

fascination

Post by fascination »

Yes! Please donate to the Pit to help keep it going! Im going to send another donation Lsuoma's way this weekend along with my weekly Operation Smile donation (Renee's fundraiser).

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Gumby wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
Gumby wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:The silencing of Twitter accounts seems like deliberate online cyberstalking to me. It is bullying and harassment by the Baboons.
Harassment and censorship from self-described social justice warriors fighting for equality. It doesn't get much more ironic than that.
Is getting twitter accounts suspended really the best they can do? :lol:
That, and compiling the real names of as many critics as possible so that they can keep us from attending conferences. Oh, and harassing the occasional employer to intimidate critics.
And painting butterflies on driveways so we know they will soon kneecap us with a vial of acid...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

sacha wrote:
Steersman wrote:[spoiler]
sacha wrote:
Steersman wrote:
sacha wrote: ...
fuck off Steersman.

[/spoiler]I think that qualifies as a page from the FfTB playbook – paying words extra and making them mean whatever they want them to mean in service of the dogma de jour. “Sexism” and “privilege” being cases in point.

It was always stated in jest (at least from me). sarcasm, luv. something you (and FfTB/Septchick/A+ have some trouble with)
True – mea culpa. I tend to get “triggered” – and maybe periodically shoot myself in the foot – by people making statements that don’t have any context – apparently – or smilies to suggest any meanings other than face-value ones. Guess I must have missed taking that mind-reading course in college ….
(no such thing as Karma non-wooish definition)
This definition would seem to suggest otherwise:
kar•ma (kärm)
n.
1. Hinduism & Buddhism The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence, regarded as determining the person's destiny.
While I will readily agree that Hinduism and Buddhism encompass some decidedly off-the-wall woo, I am not quite yet prepared to argue that all of it is. As with many world religions there are some nuggets, some wheat in amongst the chaff. And that term seems to provide a useful handle on a quite credible concept, i.e., that actions have consequences – not only in physics, but in a great many other fields including personal relations and psychologies. Maybe the definition doesn’t explicitly state those implications and inferences, but when combined with context the meaning and intent seem quite clear ….

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Gefan (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 182#p55182) said:
I have to ask; how many actual homeless people are busy tweeting?
While that appears a fair question on the surface, I think the situation could be somewhat more nuanced than it appears.

When I was homeless, one of the things I noticed was that I had a fuck of a lot of free time. There is only so much a homeless, broke person can do to fill their time. There are only so many jobs one can apply to, and of course you cannot do things like sit around watching TeeVee, going to movies, hang out at the pub or at a restaurant with your friends. And you can only walk so much -- energy levels for the homeless tend to be pretty low, in part because of emotional lethargy and sorrow, and in part because nutrition tends to be really poor.

Also, it is both surprising and rather heart rending how many former friends and family, even from enlightened famlies, tend to revile and distance themselves from people who have become homeless. So, you spend a lot of time sitting on the park bench wondering where your life went. When I was homeless almost all of my former friends, and indeed all of my family stopped communicating with me. I was amazed, truly amazed.

People who are not homeless, and who have never been homeless, tend to overlook how much time in their day is spent doing things that require money and resources that homeless people simply do not have, or require a home and a community, to fill their time.

Lastly, here in Vancouver, the libraries have free-use computers, so tweeting and blogging is almost as easy for a homeless person as it is for anyone else. It is also a healthy and emotionally important way to fill the time and overcome the soul-drenching boredom and feelings of failure, uselessness, and hopelessness.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Gefan wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Please - rethink the Natalie Reed funding. With her recent tweets about hair salon appointments, I'm more than a bit worried about sending her any money. When I was just days away from being out on the street, the last thing I was concerned about was a fucking salon appointment. Be very, very wary.
I think connecting her to appropriate support services was brilliant. I haven't offered a dime because I suspect a lust for Fluevogs to be at work.
I bear no ill will towards Natalie (despite her writing) but again, I have to ask; how many actual homeless people are busy tweeting?
*shrug*

Dunno, but as someone who has helped homeless people to access interne, services (usually email) it is possible for a homeless person to have a laptop. Or, more commonly use a public access computer at a library (where people like myself help them access it) to send and collect their emails.

franc

Post by franc »

Mykeru wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:LOL A few of them would probably shit themselves if I suddenly decided to go :D And while that sounds very egotistic, I'm merely going by how often my fucking name comes up recently.
I'm going under an assumed name. Don't tell them.

:whistle:
Morons are proven hopeless at anagrams. Doubt they'll find mine. Snap some more pics standing right next to the clowns.