Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Old subthreads
Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Post by Gumby »

franc wrote:
bhoytony wrote:In case all the lurkers think this is becoming a haven of kind and caring human beings, I'd like to confirm their original suspicions. I have no intention of donating any money to Natalie Reed and there is no fucking way I would ever invite a stranger to live in my home. I can think of several hundred people off the top of my head who I think would be more in need of any help I could give, never mind some random stranger who seems to be a bit of an arsehole and lives in another country thousands of miles away.
I do admit I am a bit of a cunt, but at least I'm honest.
I go from perplexed, to annoyed, to queasy watching the enthusiasm with which some folks will go to make a public display of their "generosity" to people they don't know and who in return, probably wouldn't even piss on them if they were on fire.

Fuck. You want to show your humanity? Do something for your own community where the actual problems are visible to you. I would guess the majority of folks here pass by numerous homeless everyday without ever seeing them, the "invisible people", as they go about their daily business. How about buying a homeless kid a sandwich? Or maybe volunteering time to Meals on Wheels for the old and the sick? Imagine what could be achieved if everyone looked to see what could be done in their own community, instead looking for high emotional value things to donate to involving places you'll never see and people you will never know? It reeks more of guilt alleviation than any real charity - though the cleft palate fund is a pretty good exception to this.

At least Andrew is using his brain and doing something practical instead of just throwing money.
Franc, Fuck off and give the perpetually angry child act a rest. There's nothing wrong with wanting to help someone in need, and discussing the best way to go about it. No one needs you to tell us which causes are worthwhile and which get your permission.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

codelette wrote:
franc wrote: I go from perplexed, to annoyed, to queasy watching the enthusiasm with which some folks will go to make a public display of their "generosity" to people they don't know and who in return, probably wouldn't even piss on them if they were on fire.

Fuck. You want to show your humanity? Do something for your own community where the actual problems are visible to you. I would guess the majority of folks here pass by numerous homeless everyday without ever seeing them, the "invisible people", as they go about their daily business. How about buying a homeless kid a sandwich? Or maybe volunteering time to Meals on Wheels for the old and the sick? Imagine what could be achieved if everyone looked to see what could be done in their own community, instead looking for high emotional value things to donate to involving places you'll never see and people you will never know? It reeks more of guilt alleviation than any real charity - though the cleft palate fund is a pretty good exception to this.

At least Andrew is using his brain and doing something practical instead of just throwing money.

Since, I guess the message above apply to me.
I donate money and time to various local charities (three to be more precise: a community kitchen, a no-kill shelter and a foster children residential facility). Will the stated confession allow me to send money Natalie's way or is there a certain amount of sandwiches I should give out locally in order to earn that right?
:clap:
I guess I should have told Franc about the local homeless shelter I donate to.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Michael K Gray wrote:
TheMan wrote:Phil.... is your drummer on some performance enhancing drugs?
TheMan: Am I the only individual who finds your avatar more than slightly disturbing?
Not sure how to answer the question...it's a picture of me when I was 7 months old. and yes...they slapped my mother.

Seriously: it was made for me and I found it disturbing too....and funny. Very funny.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Heads up to another ivory afficciando, Jon Lord, rendering a passable effort at his classic "Lazy:
http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 253#p55253

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Is anybody else experiencing lag on this forum? When I preview a message I could make a cuppa in the time it takes to load. I deleted cookies and cache and it's still taking ages. Normally I would blame my neuro-diverse, cis-binary, privileged, steam-powered computer but every other website is working fine.
Prolly just the external server lag when analysing the potential post for spam & smegma.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Is anybody else experiencing lag on this forum? When I preview a message I could make a cuppa in the time it takes to load. I deleted cookies and cache and it's still taking ages. Normally I would blame my neuro-diverse, cis-binary, privileged, steam-powered computer but every other website is working fine.
Lag here too... I thought some ship may have cut the internet cables somewhere up near Singapore and I was being re-routed via France. I think it was the cause of the double post earlier as it took more than a minute for the post to register. Still having some lag now that I'm home.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Lightning fast here in Essex.... where we do a lotta work for charity.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

TheMan wrote:
Lag here too... I thought some ship may have cut the internet cables somewhere up near Singapore and I was being re-routed via France. I think it was the cause of the double post earlier as it took more than a minute for the post to register. Still having some lag now that I'm home.
'Tis but a sly test of our collective patience, you see.
FfTBoggers demand immediate satisfaction, or it is some-one else's fault.
You see: Loose-omo's strategy is Zen-based.

When you can catch that snark with a pair of chopstix you are ready for the next dojo, cricket.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

VickyCaramel wrote:Lightning fast here in Essex.... where we do a lotta work for charity.
Are you on the prison chain-gangs as well as all the other Chavs?

dougal445

Post by dougal445 »

fascination wrote:Luckily I'm good looking and give really good blow jobs
citation needed?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Michael K Gray wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:Lightning fast here in Essex.... where we do a lotta work for charity.
State run brothel

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
State run brothel
Ahhh...
Parliament.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Notung wrote:
franc wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:Hey. I need someone to give me a link to a good conspiracy theory website (with as many misspellings and crazy rantings as possible lol).

I want to do a reading this weekend - and I want to have a non-FTB/A+ epsiode :P
http://www.timecube.com/
Beat me to it!
And you would have beaten me. Dammit! At least I found out that Time Cube is blocked from my work…

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Michael K Gray wrote:
TheMan wrote:[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

When you can catch that snark with a pair of chopstix you are ready for the next dojo, cricket.
but masta... how will I know when I have run out of patience?

dougal445

Post by dougal445 »

Stretchycheese wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:First off, @Lsuoma: it may be on my end, but I'm getting some slowdown when I try to navigate the 'pit. How does I fix?

Second, this is spectacular:
Orenda wrote: Setar
"Yes, julian, do fuck off. As can you, wind."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1450#p64801

The_Laughing_Coyote
"I don't give a single dry fuck about your 'dissenting opinion'."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1200#p61129
"Good fucking riddance, you human urinal."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=950#p56264
"Julian, OTOH, is just a brick of shit and his flouncing is no loss to any of us."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1400#p64650
"Go fuck yourself, Wind. Hard.
I have zero respect for people who think they're ENTITLED to dictate to other people what they should be comfortable with or what their boundaries should be.
Fuck you."
This post was given a warning by hyperdeath,
Moderator Warning: That comment is unacceptable. Please do not cross the line from anger to gratuitous nastiness.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1400#p64656
"No wind, you're fucking WRONG for feeling entitled to dictate to other people what their boundaries should be and what they should and shouldn't be comfortable with. Wrong, stupid, selfish, and FUCKING ENTITLED."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1400#p64661
"You're a miserable entitled shit and after this display I wouldn't trust you with the time of day.
And I'd gladly say "Good fucking riddance" to you, except, you know, you're still here, reciting your script. Poorly."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1500#p64912
"Cee has the right of it. I think you should just fuck off by now. Go run to the slymepit and tell them how mean we are."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1500#p64916

Cipher
"Shut the fuck up and lurk for a while, or you're going to get your ignorant ass banned. And yes, wah, I'm a meanieface. I'm not going to cut you slack for being a newbie anymore unless you show some fucking signs of actually trying to figure out what the fuck this space is for and why you're getting the responses you are."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=875#p52769
"I do in fact fucking care about you shitting up this space, since I am in it, I have worked to make it a better space, and I care about the other people who have done the same, you blithering fucking twit. I don't personally care which outcome happens - either you shut the fuck up until you can learn not to behave like a complete asshole or the mods come down on you like a ton of bricks - but if the threat of banning gets you to shut the fuck up sooner, the better for all of us."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=875#p52787
"I mean, obviously the person is a fuckbrain, obviously I don't buy that shit considering the number of us who are bi and would jump all over any actual biphobia, but I can't even figure out the Absurd Troll Logic here."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=950#p58534
"Don't be coy, marinerachel. Go ahead and name names, if you want to be this kind of asshole."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=975#p58974
"I guess I'll ask again, since you've decided to fucking do it again, marinerachel. EITHER NAME FUCKING NAMES OR FUCK OFF. I am sick of your passive-aggressive dishonest shit-stirring."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1050#p59516
"Nice use of the passive voice there, asshole."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1225#p61209
"Um, factually, TLC has in fact been warned and told to back off or moderate his words before by moderators. Others whom you might consider too mean and angry, including me, have also been taken aside by other members in efforts to help when a certain level of rage toxicity seems to be hit, although usually that takes the form less of a reprimand and more of a "So what's up with you?" type of thing.
As you know, "sarcastic" and "rude" are not qualities I consider bad, so you might not take me terribly seriously on this point."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1375#p64612
"Wind, stop LYING, you shameless LIAR, about your source. Have a little integrity. Don't you believe in transparency? You two-faced, lying, shielding motherfucker.*"
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1450#p64733
"Fuck off, Skeptical Jay. Stop baiting people."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1600#p65213

Kassiane
"WHAT THE BLAZING FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?????????? ON WHAT PLANET IS THIS ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR FOR A MODERATOR??????
I expect an explanation. Because this is FUCKING bullshit and clearly you don't understand social justice. Good job on the "safe space". You keep using those words. They don't mean what you think they mean.
This is why I don't trust you. Because you don't fucking deserve it. You're the same privileged assholes who are in charge everywhere else."
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=975#p58959
Indeed! Wow! It is rather entertaining to watch the A+ forum turn into a re-enactment of Lord of the Flies. They have the audacity to say that Slymepit is a hate site, while they exhibit the nastiest sort of vitriol, acrimony, and hatred towards each other? It's pretty much what you can expect from idealogues and dogmatists. Heresy, dissent and nonconformity are viciously attacked -- but when you get competing idealogue factions that claim to represent the purists it gets even worse.
:popcorn:

It's pretty much what you can
I think what bothers me most, is that newcomers to the atheist movement might think the embarrasing clusterfuck that is A+ is in any way representitive. i resent the fact that my atheist identity might in any way be linked to those hatefull antisocial fuckwits. someone has a lot to answer for.

franc

Post by franc »

Gumby wrote:Franc, Fuck off and give the perpetually angry child act a rest. There's nothing wrong with wanting to help someone in need, and discussing the best way to go about it. No one needs you to tell us which causes are worthwhile and which get your permission.
It reminds me of Bob Geldof and Live Aid. All of a sudden, because there were bright lights and pop stars, people realised there was famine in the world. Because the PR was right... Like no one was ever hungry before. Then, as soon as the teevee specials, top 40 records and all star concerts were over, it was all forgotten about again.

The rattling cups at FfTB leave me with much the same feeling - just a lot worse. Geldof was genuinely trying to help people reduced to eating mud - as obscene as the public spectacle may have gotten.

I don't care how you dress it up, I have a little splash back of vomit even thinking about any of this. It's probably the memory of boiled ox tongue and other offal that added variety to the buckwheat (when it was still considerd animal feed), rice and potatoes people subsisted on in tough times before there was an internet to play tiny violins on.

I suspect the FfTB version of a hard time is foregoing artichoke hearts and balsamic vinegar.

I repeat again - I have praise for Andrew's sensible thinking. I do have a problem with the rest.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

TheMan wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
TheMan wrote:[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

but masta... how will I know when I have run out of patience?
You will FEEL it in your very marrow, cricket.
You will see in your inner-being that your emergency roster at the ER hath sunk to zero.
Only then will you know true entitlement.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

sacha wrote: You have no idea how much I have spent on carbonated water in the past 30 or more years. I just may have to get myself a penguin as well. refill cartridges must be available online.
If you're at home to receive the UPS package, it's no problem to order the refill cartridges online and have them shipped. CO2 cartridges are considered hazardous materials for transport within the US, so the package has to be signed for on delivery - I'm rarely home when UPS delivers to my neighborhood, so I had to go pick up the package at some inconvenient location. Much easier for me to put the empty cartridges in the back of my car and stop at Target for the refills on my way home from work. I loathe malls as well.

The Penguin's efficiency does seem to decline a bit over the years, but I've had mine for 7 years and it still works pretty well. I have to tighten up the base piece with an Ikea assembly wrench (I have loads of those in a drawer) every couple weeks or so, but no maintenance other than that. I did think about the CO2 issue and my decadent fondness for fizzy water, but really, you'd have to be one of those individuals who drinks nothing but tap water in refillable containers to do much better. The reduction in transport costs for liquid-filled containers alone is pretty substantial.

welch

Re: Housing Needs

Post by welch »

AndrewV69 wrote:I just got off the phone to someone I know who is a real SJW and who has a track record of actually getting shit done with Municipal Government Services.

If there is anyone who can offer guidance about how she can get housed in a safe and secure environment, this is the guy she should talk to.

I explained the situation (as I know it) about Natalie and he has agreed to try and help.

I sent Natalie an email with his contact details and a time and date to call. It is entirely in her hands now.

Awesome!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

I notice Avicenna - (buy me a new laptop!) over on FTB is getting himself in trouble by trying to take a nuanced view of 'Schrödingers Rapist'.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... /#comments

He starts off comparing it to racist airport search policies but really gets himself in trouble when he suggests that womens magazines that promote the idea of women 'playing hard-to-get' is not particularly compatible with the idea of giving clear signals ("yes means yes, no means no")

http://i.imgur.com/uFxe29P.jpg

It turns out that Avicenna is just 'perpetuating rape culture'.

In that case I'm certainly not buying him a new laptop!

welch

Post by welch »

franc wrote:
bhoytony wrote:In case all the lurkers think this is becoming a haven of kind and caring human beings, I'd like to confirm their original suspicions. I have no intention of donating any money to Natalie Reed and there is no fucking way I would ever invite a stranger to live in my home. I can think of several hundred people off the top of my head who I think would be more in need of any help I could give, never mind some random stranger who seems to be a bit of an arsehole and lives in another country thousands of miles away.
I do admit I am a bit of a cunt, but at least I'm honest.
I go from perplexed, to annoyed, to queasy watching the enthusiasm with which some folks will go to make a public display of their "generosity" to people they don't know and who in return, probably wouldn't even piss on them if they were on fire.

I will never understand why you insist on acting as if you know fucka-all-anything about how anyone here lives their lives off this board. But I'd forgotten, franc knows everything. Is it that time of the month again?

decius

Post by decius »

How annoying - the bunch of them, especially the spokescunt in a Thatcher costume.

franc

Post by franc »

TedDahlberg wrote:
Notung wrote:
franc wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:Hey. I need someone to give me a link to a good conspiracy theory website (with as many misspellings and crazy rantings as possible lol).

I want to do a reading this weekend - and I want to have a non-FTB/A+ epsiode :P
Beat me to it!
And you would have beaten me. Dammit! At least I found out that Time Cube is blocked from my work…
From the cesspit of lies, apparently there's a short doco on the loon behind it, Above God -

http://www.bretthanover.com/video.html

No joy finding it. The cesspit entry is worth a few chuckles -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_cube

welch

Post by welch »

franc wrote:
Gumby wrote:Franc, Fuck off and give the perpetually angry child act a rest. There's nothing wrong with wanting to help someone in need, and discussing the best way to go about it. No one needs you to tell us which causes are worthwhile and which get your permission.
It reminds me of Bob Geldof and Live Aid. All of a sudden, because there were bright lights and pop stars, people realised there was famine in the world. Because the PR was right... Like no one was ever hungry before. Then, as soon as the teevee specials, top 40 records and all star concerts were over, it was all forgotten about again.

The rattling cups at FfTB leave me with much the same feeling - just a lot worse. Geldof was genuinely trying to help people reduced to eating mud - as obscene as the public spectacle may have gotten.

I don't care how you dress it up, I have a little splash back of vomit even thinking about any of this. It's probably the memory of boiled ox tongue and other offal that added variety to the buckwheat (when it was still considerd animal feed), rice and potatoes people subsisted on in tough times before there was an internet to play tiny violins on.

I suspect the FfTB version of a hard time is foregoing artichoke hearts and balsamic vinegar.

I repeat again - I have praise for Andrew's sensible thinking. I do have a problem with the rest.
You have a problem with something?

that is SO unusual

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

franc wrote:

Fuck you Hoggle! Buckwheat is delicious (we have some at least once a month, minimum. Mailed to us by Ali's mom since it's very hard to find some where we live).

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Dick Strawkins wrote:I notice Avicenna - (buy me a new laptop!) over on FTB is getting himself in trouble by trying to take a nuanced view of 'Schrödingers Rapist'.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... /#comments

He starts off comparing it to racist airport search policies but really gets himself in trouble when he suggests that womens magazines that promote the idea of women 'playing hard-to-get' is not particularly compatible with the idea of giving clear signals ("yes means yes, no means no")

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/uFxe29P.jpg[/spoiler]

It turns out that Avicenna is just 'perpetuating rape culture'.

In that case I'm certainly not buying him a new laptop!
Getting into trouble and being badgered by Josh are not the same thing. Not even in the same category.

Apples

this is ableist as fuck

Post by Apples »

This is what happens over in Soshul Justice land if in a dicussion about organizing a socialist society you ask an innocent and reasonable theoretical question of Setar:
irkthepurists wrote:But are you saying that everyone would be given a living wage, even if they (intentionally) did nothing?
Setar wrote:okay whoa wait.

first off, why do I keep seeing this crap about all these people who just sit around and "do nothing". um, doing nothing is boring. eventually you're going to have to get up off your ass and do something, even just to go out and eat, or have some fun.

second...

this is ableist as fuck. I sit around every day, sometimes for days at a time, doing "nothing" -- that is, I lock myself in my room unless I need to go out and get stuff, turn on my TV and watch MSNBC or play Skyrim, waste time on here, or just sit smoke pot and listen to music. why? Because I need to fucking recover my mental spoons and thus CAN'T go do anything else. And there are many times where I am at work and am sent into emotional pits that I desperately need to get out of, but can't -- because I'm at work and need to focus on work; taking time off to recover my mental spoons is seen as "lazy".

so fuck you for promoting the stupid work-ethic crap that paints my need to recover spoons as outright wrong. and, maybe, check your thought processes a bit more before asking more questions because you seriously need to re-assess your priorities. namely, you need to unpack what you mean by "doing nothing".

edit: I mean fucking seriously. what is this goddamn objection all about. the insinuation is that for some reason we have to earn the right to survive and be happy. these things are rights. everyone has them. why the fuck are we so wrapped up in this goddamned righteous struggle crap =/
A more oblivious, entitled, and arrogant little fuck is rarely encountered on the internet. Note to self: when the revolution comes, frag Commandante Setar and steal his weed.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... &start=175

franc

Post by franc »

welch wrote:I will never understand why you insist on acting as if you know fucka-all-anything about how anyone here lives their lives off this board. But I'd forgotten, franc knows everything. Is it that time of the month again?
Yeah it is. Fuck you Mac-boy.

At least you can sleep easy knowing there are more smart phones in India than flushing toilets. Makes you feel all is right in the world. Priorities eh? Glad we got them right.

dougal445

Post by dougal445 »

apolagies for the duplicate posts above.
What the fuck happened there?

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Michael K Gray wrote:
TedDahlberg wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:
No begging necessary! You can get a Penguin (we call him Wheezy) through the Sodastream international website - just use the drop-down menu to select your country. I prefer the glass carafes to plastic, and the Penguin comes with the glass ones. The problem used to be getting the refill CO2 cartridges, but now I can get them at Target or Bed Bath & Beyond.
Thank you :) I really don't need more stuff in my kitchen, but damn if it isn't tempting. And glass instead of plastic doesn't exactly make it easier to resist.
'Way to go' to increase global worming and encourage further CO2 mining for your short-term gustatory pleasure.
I am evil after all. Why else would I be posting here?

franc

Post by franc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Fuck you Hoggle! Buckwheat is delicious (we have some at least once a month, minimum. Mailed to us by Ali's mom since it's very hard to find some where we live).
I know it is. But outside of Europe, it was considered as no good for anything other than livestock feed until the 90's. Then the yuppie cooking shows caught on. We used to live on the stuff.

welch

Post by welch »

franc wrote:
welch wrote:I will never understand why you insist on acting as if you know fucka-all-anything about how anyone here lives their lives off this board. But I'd forgotten, franc knows everything. Is it that time of the month again?

At least you can sleep easy knowing there are more smart phones in India than flushing toilets. Makes you feel all is right in the world. Priorities eh? Glad we got them right.

Oh look, franc is doing his angry revolutionary bit again, on how we don't need shit. How long did you bag on Facebook before you created an account there? Tell us again about your minimalist blogger lifestyle.

It's all sooo stupid and unnecessary, so much so that you have to use it all just to tell us how much better off we'd be without it.

Okay Grampy, you run along and listen to your nickelodeon and reminisce about the good old days.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

fascination wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:In a video that's far too long (over 18 minutes!), I ramble on about "My History With Radical Feminism". Here's how I got caught up in the cult of radical-lesbian-feminist-separatism for most of the 1980s. Also why and how I left it.

[spoiler][youtube]v2vBt8Za_yA[/youtube][/spoiler]
Really interesting video, Scented. I know this is a really cliched thing to say, but have you ever thought about writing a book detailing your experiences in the radfem scene?
Thanks. :)

No book though. That would turn a hobby into a chore, and it would turn my motivation (at least partly) towards "is it selling? is it selling?" money cheering, instead of what it is right now - spontaneous videos, comments and the odd blogpost with no worries of: do enough people like it that I can make a buck?

Whenever I've tried to turn a hobby into something that makes money, I've quickly bailed before really starting due to that. It turns it from a hobby to a chore. An exception is maybe my zazzle store, but my fun was in the making of those items, not whatever happens to them afterwards or whether anyone buys anything. Also, I'll never see a penny unless some day the profits from sales reach over 50 bucks, in which case they'll send it to me, so I don't think of it as a moneymaking project.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: this is ableist as fuck

Apples wrote:This is what happens over in Soshul Justice land if in a dicussion about organizing a socialist society you ask an innocent and reasonable theoretical question of Setar:

[spoiler]
irkthepurists wrote:But are you saying that everyone would be given a living wage, even if they (intentionally) did nothing?

first off, why do I keep seeing this crap about all these people who just sit around and "do nothing". um, doing nothing is boring. eventually you're going to have to get up off your ass and do something, even just to go out and eat, or have some fun.

second...

this is ableist as fuck. I sit around every day, sometimes for days at a time, doing "nothing" -- that is, I lock myself in my room unless I need to go out and get stuff, turn on my TV and watch MSNBC or play Skyrim, waste time on here, or just sit smoke pot and listen to music. why? Because I need to fucking recover my mental spoons and thus CAN'T go do anything else. And there are many times where I am at work and am sent into emotional pits that I desperately need to get out of, but can't -- because I'm at work and need to focus on work; taking time off to recover my mental spoons is seen as "lazy".

so fuck you for promoting the stupid work-ethic crap that paints my need to recover spoons as outright wrong. and, maybe, check your thought processes a bit more before asking more questions because you seriously need to re-assess your priorities. namely, you need to unpack what you mean by "doing nothing".

edit: I mean fucking seriously. what is this goddamn objection all about. the insinuation is that for some reason we have to earn the right to survive and be happy. these things are rights. everyone has them. why the fuck are we so wrapped up in this goddamned righteous struggle crap =/
[/spoiler]

A more oblivious, entitled, and arrogant little fuck is rarely encountered on the internet. Note to self: when the revolution comes, frag Commandante Setar and steal his weed.

Count that as a treat if you feel like it, but I admit to sometimes getting those weird urges. You know, the ones where if I ever were to meet Setar IRL, there would be something along the lines of a slap to the face and a good telling-to involved. Consider him warned.

Little cunt doesn't know how good he has it being able to sit all day, watch TV, smoke pot and play Skyrim. Fuck him (into the ground, of course).

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Metalogic42 wrote:Will I be safe if I only "@" fellow slymepitters?
For feminists, leave off the @ entirely or they'll falsely claim that you are "reply stalking" them. If, however, they only see your tweet if they actually search for their name (which I'm sure most do), then they can't claim that anymore.

And for mass blocking by people, let twitter know that they did it as a bullying measure rather than a normal blocking by this or that person. Maybe it's time that they, as a group, should get in shit for false claims and intentionally mass blocking to trigger the auto-spam thingy. They've done it repeatedly, and each time it was a false claim that twitter later did not accept (accounts always get reinstated after they've false flagged them). So they've shown themselves to be lying nuisances on twitter. I would ask twitter to shut down all the accounts who false flagged me, explaining that they try to destroy the accounts of people who they don't like. Not people who are actually sending them spam or even too many @s, but simply people they don't like. Twitter's rules about bullying, if we were to use them (but not falsely like they do), could be used to stop them from their block 'n flag campaigns.

Both Preview and Submit are taking ages to load. If nothing else, this will put people off of previewing. Spoiled spoiler times ahead! :D

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

welch wrote:[spoiler]
franc wrote:

[/spoiler]

Oh look, franc is doing his angry revolutionary bit again, on how we don't need shit. How long did you bag on Facebook before you created an account there? Tell us again about your minimalist blogger lifestyle.

It's all sooo stupid and unnecessary, so much so that you have to use it all just to tell us how much better off we'd be without it.

Okay Grampy, you run along and listen to your nickelodeon and reminisce about the good old days.
I would just like to offer my completely objective and non-biased opinion that you are both a couple of massive assholes.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

franc wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Fuck you Hoggle! Buckwheat is delicious (we have some at least once a month, minimum. Mailed to us by Ali's mom since it's very hard to find some where we live).
I know it is. But outside of Europe, it was considered as no good for anything other than livestock feed until the 90's. Then the yuppie cooking shows caught on. We used to live on the stuff.
Well, it's been a staple food in Poland for centuries. I had never tried the stuff before I got in my current relationship. Goes wonderfully with home-made goulash.

franc

Post by franc »

dougal445 wrote:I think what bothers me most, is that newcomers to the atheist movement might think the embarrasing clusterfuck that is A+ is in any way representitive. i resent the fact that my atheist identity might in any way be linked to those hatefull antisocial fuckwits. someone has a lot to answer for.
Yes, this is a biggie. Realistically, those involved in the shitfest surrounding FfTB/Skepchick/A+ circus accounts for probably less than 1% of the actual community. But... you are a kid just breaking free of your existing indoctrination. What do you do? Go online. Where will you undoubtably end up? Skepchick/FfTB/A+.

Look at Rhys Morgan. A kid that had potential intelligence. Look at him now that the baboons have ensnared him...

He's flushed his education down the toilet from all accounts and is just shooting accepted dogma at anything that moves.

decius

Post by decius »

Who asked for a crank site?

Check this one out.

http://gagutofappit.org/

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Dilurk wrote:
fascination wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:In a video that's far too long (over 18 minutes!), I ramble on about "My History With Radical Feminism". Here's how I got caught up in the cult of radical-lesbian-feminist-separatism for most of the 1980s. Also why and how I left it.

[youtube]v2vBt8Za_yA[/youtube]
Really interesting video, Scented. I know this is a really cliched thing to say, but have you ever thought about writing a book detailing your experiences in the radfem scene?
"Go Fish"
Title? Hahah, they'd kill me. :lol:

"you calling women fish, you gender traitor?" Cue blind man at the fish market joke... :lol:

Git

Post by Git »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:_irSTG6Yowc
That reminds me of [youtube=4C2K889u_90]Deep Purple's "Stormbringer"[/youtube], only far superior.
It was 1974, after all. When I was but a callow Aussie youth, following such bands as Lobby Lloyd & the Coloured Balls, and Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs.
Those lazy crazy parochial daze when only Australian Bands were allowed on the valve wireless.
We young rascals had to pop down to Allens' Music Store for the latest top 20 charts, and thence to Myers to place our hard-earned 10/-6 for a Daryl Braithwaite single.
You kids of today have it too good, I tell you.
This one is for you, MKG. Legendary early 70s Aussie Rawk:

[youtube]LHKMH5aL4bE[/youtube]

TheMan

Re: this is ableist as fuck

Post by TheMan »

Apples wrote:This is what happens over in Soshul Justice land if in a dicussion about organizing a socialist society you ask an innocent and reasonable theoretical question of Setar:

second...

It's impossible to do nothing.... it's clear that he's supporting the local drug dealers, keeping them employed in a demanding business which in turn keep the weed growers in business...there needs to be employment in the clean fresh air and sunshine right?. Playing Skyrym isn't without it's economic merits....a large group of people rely on pot smoking stay at home 'workers" to play these games to keep them in business. OK...he's not earning as much as he would be if he fitted into the normal typical career aspirational model but he's expanding diversity of culture in society...just think of the alternative.... he could be walking around on the streets.

I think he's within his rights to demonstrate his achievements...it's all about diversity and he's keeping it real.

Is he smoking hydro per chance?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Submariner wrote:I know I'm pretty new around here, but this fear of doxing all seems rather McCarthyist and "witch-hunty".
Despite what Greta writes. Is there precedent I'm unaware of for this ultra-secrecy?
Yes, many of them have tried getting their disagreers into shit by not only doxxing real names and addresses (which they know freaks some people out), but also contacting their employers/schools to tattle that they are being mean to people on the internet or using the internet on company time, etc, in hopes that they'll be fired or booted out. They also frequently contact conventions asking that certain people be banned from attending. Some of the worst offenders are PZ, Steffy, Laden, and Watson. Over the last year and a half, we've seen them do it many times. Steffy and Laden both tried to convince Abbie's school and employer that she was running a hate blog off of the school's/employer's time and resources. They were hoping she'd be fired or at least admonished, but the school did not fall for it. They told Abbie right away that Laden had contacted them. Laden was very pissed off that the school told Abbie that he'd contacted them about her.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Over on the A+ Moderator thread of Ceaseless Amusement, we learn that ignoring rude people is tone policing and silences them.

You can't even opt to ignore people over there without getting told off. Ridiculous.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Please - rethink the Natalie Reed funding. With her recent tweets about hair salon appointments, I'm more than a bit worried about sending her any money. When I was just days away from being out on the street, the last thing I was concerned about was a fucking salon appointment. Be very, very wary.
If she's making hairstyling appts, I agree. Maybe she's not really in as much need as she claimed. Or maybe she's really bad with money.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Please - rethink the Natalie Reed funding. With her recent tweets about hair salon appointments, I'm more than a bit worried about sending her any money. When I was just days away from being out on the street, the last thing I was concerned about was a fucking salon appointment. Be very, very wary.
There are homeless people I've seen begging on the streets near me with elaborately cut and dyed hair. I never could understand it.
16bitheretic wrote:Kinda funny that the Pit is more active on helping Natalie Reed than apparently FTB and Skepchick combined...
Yeah, it makes me a bit wary honestly. I know little about Natalie Reed or what she has said about her situation, but I have been a "shoulder" for a lot of people. Sometimes you do get folks who either exaggerate how grim their situation is, or who refuse to surmount some trivial obstacle that could fix their problems. I put a lot of time and effort into consoling a flatmate over the loss of somebody who turned out to be completely made-up. The last time I had a friend who was "going to become homeless" it turned out she was perfectly welcome to go back and live with her parents, but refused to get over a trivial argument she had with them before she left.

Like I said, I don't know enough about Reed's situation to even guess that it might be anything less than what she's saying it is. I also think that even when you have doubts about these sorts of things it is worth taking them seriously because of the risks involved with missing the chance to help somebody in need. At the same time, it is worth considering that maybe the reason why her friends aren't supporting her more with this is that they know her better.
If she's back using again, and if they know it, that would explain their lack of help. It's pretty much the only thing that would explain it. No one wants to donate to someone who is just going to put it in their veins rather than food or rent. I'm not saying she IS using again, just that I wonder if she is. It would also explain perhaps, why she expects to be homeless soon if maybe she's been injecting her rent money.

I'm not against drugs. I think they should all be legal. That way, prices are way down and any habits people take on won't break their wallets. It would also cut out all the thefts and muggings that are done to pay for drugs.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

sacha wrote: Just to remind everyone, by donating to the SlymePit, Abbie gets to recoup some of the income she lost when she was bullied into moving the original pit from Nat Geo.
Not if she won't tell me how to get a cut to her: I've asked several times with no response...

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
franc wrote:
Well, it's been a staple food in Poland for centuries. I had never tried the stuff before I got in my current relationship. Goes wonderfully with home-made goulash.
I was told that my great grandmother, who lived well past 100, ate kasha (a buckwheat dish with fried onions in it) every day for most of her life. Even during her last days in a home, a relative brought her some every day. Even though that's correlation rather than causation, I think of buckwheat as a very healthy food.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

TedDahlberg wrote:
Notung wrote:
franc wrote:

Beat me to it!
hahaha it doesn't make any sense, but at least some guy is the Greatest Philosopher and Greatest Mathematician!

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Scented Nectar wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
There are homeless people I've seen begging on the streets near me with elaborately cut and dyed hair. I never could understand it.
16bitheretic wrote:Kinda funny that the Pit is more active on helping Natalie Reed than apparently FTB and Skepchick combined...
Yeah, it makes me a bit wary honestly. I know little about Natalie Reed or what she has said about her situation, but I have been a "shoulder" for a lot of people. Sometimes you do get folks who either exaggerate how grim their situation is, or who refuse to surmount some trivial obstacle that could fix their problems. I put a lot of time and effort into consoling a flatmate over the loss of somebody who turned out to be completely made-up. The last time I had a friend who was "going to become homeless" it turned out she was perfectly welcome to go back and live with her parents, but refused to get over a trivial argument she had with them before she left.

Like I said, I don't know enough about Reed's situation to even guess that it might be anything less than what she's saying it is. I also think that even when you have doubts about these sorts of things it is worth taking them seriously because of the risks involved with missing the chance to help somebody in need. At the same time, it is worth considering that maybe the reason why her friends aren't supporting her more with this is that they know her better.
If she's back using again, and if they know it, that would explain their lack of help. It's pretty much the only thing that would explain it. No one wants to donate to someone who is just going to put it in their veins rather than food or rent. I'm not saying she IS using again, just that I wonder if she is. It would also explain perhaps, why she expects to be homeless soon if maybe she's been injecting her rent money.

I'm not against drugs. I think they should all be legal. That way, prices are way down and any habits people take on won't break their wallets. It would also cut out all the thefts and muggings that are done to pay for drugs.
Well, that just goes to show how little I know about her. I had no idea.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

@rocko2466: http://www.somethingawful.com/d/weekend-web/ have fun.

Holy shit @Setar. What a useless cunt.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

rocko2466 wrote:
hahaha it doesn't make any sense, but at least some guy is the Greatest Philosopher and Greatest Mathematician!
You Bastard?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Jonathan wrote:Over on the A+ Moderator thread of Ceaseless Amusement, we learn that ignoring rude people is tone policing and silences them.

You can't even opt to ignore people over there without getting told off. Ridiculous.
Using that logic any mod who bans a person for whatever reason is tone policing.
And another thing, aren't these the same people who, when we complain of being silenced use the argument that "ONLY DE GOVERNMINT CAN SILENCE YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! U CAN STILL POST ON THE INTERNET SO U IS NOT SILENCED!!!111!!! FREEZE PEACH HAHAHAHAH!!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!"?

Fail.

cunt

Post by cunt »

What you ought to do is consider the possibility that your failure to see any grounds for the other person's anger might, maybe, possibly be due to a lack of understanding on your part as opposed to unreasonableness on their part.
Hmm *considers possibility for a nano-second*

Fuck off Cipher you stupid bitch.

franc

Post by franc »

rocko2466 wrote:
TedDahlberg wrote:
Notung wrote:
franc wrote:

Beat me to it!
You asked. You were given. Now go record.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

cunt wrote:
What you ought to do is consider the possibility that your failure to see any grounds for the other person's anger might, maybe, possibly be due to a lack of understanding on your part as opposed to unreasonableness on their part.
Hmm *considers possibility for a nano-second*

Fuck off Cipher you stupid bitch.
That reads as:
It's your fault that the person called you a human urinal. Your fault.
Talk about victim blaming.

franc

Post by franc »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
franc wrote:
I was told that my great grandmother, who lived well past 100, ate kasha (a buckwheat dish with fried onions in it) every day for most of her life. Even during her last days in a home, a relative brought her some every day. Even though that's correlation rather than causation, I think of buckwheat as a very healthy food.
Yes, my folks like that. Seriously, buckwheat was cheaper than 'taters. Cheaper than coal even in th 70's. It was things pigs ate - and those foreigners with funny accents. I do get queasy - boiled ox tongue, white corn flour gravy and buckwheat. Who here ate that ever? And was told to be grateful for it?

This is why I get a bit small "c" cynical with these "charity" drives.

Apples

Crazy enough 4 ya? Want me to take a shit on the floor?

Post by Apples »

Jonathan wrote:You can't even opt to ignore people over there without getting told off. Ridiculous.
I noticed that exchange, too. You will take your raving abuse medicine from Cipher, Coyote, Setar, Kassiane, et al, and you will like it. Ceepolk and co. remind me of Nurse Ratched from Cuckoo's Nest.

McMurphy: "Well I don't wanna break up the meeting or nothin', but she's somethin' of a cunt, ain't she Doc?"

At first SecretForumGate was looking like this:
http://s4.hubimg.com/u/863511_f520.jpg
But now it looks more like this:
http://www.criticnic.com/wp-content/upl ... s-nest.jpg

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

This Martin guy is the best interviewer ever.

http://www.metatech.org/credo_mutwa.html

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Scented Nectar wrote:
If she's making hairstyling appts, I agree. Maybe she's not really in as much need as she claimed. Or maybe she's really bad with money.
Could be she just needs a haircut.