Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
rayshul

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by rayshul »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I really should stop writing on the internet when pissed. Any app for that?
I'm almost certain there is, actually, although I don't own a phone so I'm not sure what it is.
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Lovely wife-soon-to-be. She is the sweetest person. We never fight or argue (well, we do, but she's very smart and can outdo me anytime with ease).

She's also the main provider of incomes (music really doesn't pay). I stay at home and take care of the place. Can the knuckleheads at FTB wrap their head around such a concept?
Hah. Yeah, I've always been the breadwinner - usually I make double or triple what the husband makes from working full time. Also, I'm fucking shit at children and domestic stuff so I'm not going to do that stuff all day, KTHX. (OR EVER.) Much prefer stamping around the office shouting at people about mah projects.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

EveryMan wrote:[youtube]sHx9khi_QxI[/youtube]
If you click on restaurant date clip after you watch the first one, there's a pretty fucking funny rape joke there.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Git wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:She's also the main provider of incomes (music really doesn't pay). I stay at home and take care of the place. Can the knuckleheads at FTB wrap their head around such a concept?

Gender-traitor :D
I might also just be a misogynit for letting a woman get her own salary, and shit. Damn, I don't know anymore, these days.
STOP DIGGING! For the love of PeeZuss JUST STOP!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Ugh, when I tweeted a clarification on the FRC shit, they fucking tweeted at me to say thanks!!!

ARHGHHHGHHGHGHGHGHGHHHH

On one hand I'm glad to correct myself online... but yeeeueueuck, icky people.

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

AndrewV69, thanks for interesting links.
AndrewV69 wrote:You Do Not Want To Be A Single Lady Over 28 In China
http://www.businessinsider.com/you-do-n ... ina-2012-7
Recent changes to home-ownership laws have put women at an even greater disadvantage. When couples divorce, the marital property now belongs solely to whomever took out the mortgage. In China, this is almost always the husband or the husband’s parents. This means that even if a woman makes substantial contributions towards the purchase of a house and its mortgage she could be left with nothing on divorcing.

Hong Fincher suggests that this may be what is stirring many women, especially in the cities, to action. 'It has always been the tradition that a son’s parents help him buy a house when he marries. In many instances parents will hand over their life savings to their son because they see it as crucial to buy him a home – but the parents are not doing that for their daughters.

'Women previously thought they had to have a man to take care of them, but I’ve found that many no longer think that way. Because of the change in the law they know that if they do marry a man with a house it doesn’t benefit them, so there’s a growing trend of young women trying to make it on their own.’
Seems like this is the opposite of what's happening in the US, where as I understand it, men lose their houses and money upon divorcing.

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I really should stop writing on the internet when pissed. Any app for that?
Not an app, but obligatory xkcd comic

(FWIW I didn't think your "cranky" comments were bad)

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

bhoytony wrote:
ERV wrote:E-READER THINGIE--

Apparently I have Lexcycle Stanza (Mac)
Jesus fucking Christ! This is why I could never work in a virology lab. How were you exposed to it? Did you tear a hole in your biohazard suit like Kevin Spacey in that Outbreak Movie?
Nah, Abbie developed a vaccine for it in her spare time last week. She'll be fine..

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

EveryMan wrote:
tachikoma wrote: At least you can acquire and read the Bible. I don't think the threats have actually been documented, just asserted that they existed. Or in the case of that one email Watson called a "hate mail", something that is not what she labeled it as. If they were actually documented somewhere wouldn't it be easy just to link to them?
Feminists remind me of Libertarians. Whenever you ask them for citation for any of their nutty claims they often resort to "I've already provided it thousands of times.... blah blah blah".

So I googled "Rebecca Watson rape threats". Lots of people talking about it, but no details. I did find this:

http://skepchick.org/2011/12/reddit-mak ... -atheists/

tl;dr, 15 year old girl posts pic of herself with a Carl Sagan book via reddit. Unsurprisingly, there are some sexist comments. Which, again in my personal experience, tend to come from fem-bullied teenage omega males. They are gross, of course, but considering the source not surprising.
Just look at the front page of reddit.com There it is. Atheism in the top bar. Where is the evidence that all the posters making sexist comments were made by atheists? Did someone go through and check a few to see if they were regular posters on /r/atheism ? Where is the evidence? This is akin to suggesting that all the commenters at Larry Moran's site http://sandwalk.blogspot.ca are all atheists.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

My partner is working, so Im bored, cruising the intraweb-- This video just made me giggle. Cute kid:
[youtube]Honw9i_m9hI[/youtube]

And I noticed that Watson is bitching about people (just generic people) on Twitter:
I believe all humanity is part of a single remarkable universe becoming conscious of itself. But god I hate everyone on this plane.
She seems to do this every time she travels anywhere.

Its weird. I travel alone to conferences and hell, I flew to Antarctica-- I pretty much dont even notice other people. I try to be friendly and people are friendly in return (a smile and literally 3 words of English was all I needed in Argentina). She genuinely cannot interact with other humans on a normal level. Its weird.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

ERV wrote:3 words of English
Of course I mean 3 words of Spanish...

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

tachikoma wrote:AndrewV69, thanks for interesting links.
Seems like this is the opposite of what's happening in the US, where as I understand it, men lose their houses and money upon divorcing.
The system in China has always been different. The man's family provides the house, so in divorce she gets sent back to her family.

The "left over syndrome" is happening on the mainland where the urban hubs are. This includes Hong Kong and many of these women will never have children. Divorce rates in South Korea are pretty close to the US apparently, and the number of "grass eater" men in Japan is expanding.

Like I said earlier, there are going to be some very interesting societal consequences in the next few decades. I find it fascinating to live in the times of so many concurrent X and Y chromosome population replacement events.

Despite all the denials to the contary, demographics are destiny!

For example, current expectation is that the USA will add 100 million people over the next 40 years, and overall whites will become a minority. This process is alreaty complete in the Greater Toronto Area in Canada.

If the horde over at the other place expect they are going to happily preside over the process that they, and people like them have worked so hard to facilitate, I believe they are in for a surprise.

I expect a lot of "pushback" in the years to come, not only from groups and media narratives such as the current ongoing "Chick-fil-A" events but at an individual level such as this one:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z1zyeKUL94

sacha

Post by sacha »

rayshul wrote:Ugh, when I tweeted a clarification on the FRC shit, they fucking tweeted at me to say thanks!!!

ARHGHHHGHHGHGHGHGHGHHHH

FUCK! You are permanently soiled!

sacha

Post by sacha »

sacha wrote:
rayshul wrote:Ugh, when I tweeted a clarification on the FRC shit, they fucking tweeted at me to say thanks!!!

ARHGHHHGHHGHGHGHGHGHHHH

and it's all my fault

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

ERV wrote: And I noticed that Watson is bitching about people (just generic people) on Twitter:
I believe all humanity is part of a single remarkable universe becoming conscious of itself. But god I hate everyone on this plane.

Its weird. I travel alone to conferences and hell, I flew to Antarctica-- I pretty much dont even notice other people. I try to be friendly and people are friendly in return (a smile and literally 3 words of English was all I needed in Argentina). She genuinely cannot interact with other humans on a normal level. Its weird.
Not too weird if she believes that type of new age crap. I've heard it before, usually with the excuse (when trying to sound not new-age woo) that it refers to the fact that since we are part of the universe, when we became conscious and aware of ourselves, we are therefore part of the universe discovering itself. Supposedly poetic. Still sounds like twaddle no matter who says it.

Horace AKA netnanny

Post by Horace AKA netnanny »

AndrewV69,

I think that we may be on the same page on the issue of population/immigration, see my comments on the link.

BTW, you are not yet another Canadian slymepitter ? I thought that I would meet different cultures from around the world on the internet, I spend all my time talking to fellow Canadians and Australians.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/camelswithh ... /#comments

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

You know your comment policy is fantastic when....

You write a post about it, get objections, then decide to write 8 more posts about the major objections.

. . .

Or else your a philosopher with way too much time on your hands and nothing important to talk about.

Daniel Fincke
There have been many objections to both the wisdom of my comments policy and my general stand against the use of epithets and incivility and what I see as hasty personal attacks that derail philosophical discussions. I am writing 8 posts to address 8 major objections. I have already written my own summaries of all the objections I am planning to address.
:angry-banghead:

Horace AKA netnanny

Post by Horace AKA netnanny »

I'm with you on that Badger. He seems like a very decent guy, I guess if you are a philosopher you enjoy carefully putting together an arguement. He has every right to say, my blog, as long as my rules are applied consistently and impartially you have no grounds for complaint; instead pages of careful debate. Pharyngulites telling him that good manners are a tool of the oppressors and he spends page after page explaining why not.

Even though I like him, I look forward to disagreeing with him, never been in a debate with a proper philosopher before.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

sacha wrote:
sacha wrote:

ARHGHHHGHHGHGHGHGHGHHHH

and it's all my fault
:violence-hammer:

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Badger3k wrote:You know your comment policy is fantastic when....

You write a post about it, get objections, then decide to write 8 more posts about the major objections.

. . .

Or else your a philosopher with way too much time on your hands and nothing important to talk about.

Daniel Fincke
There have been many objections to both the wisdom of my comments policy and my general stand against the use of epithets and incivility and what I see as hasty personal attacks that derail philosophical discussions. I am writing 8 posts to address 8 major objections. I have already written my own summaries of all the objections I am planning to address.
:angry-banghead:
I really look forward to it. It is both hilarious and tragic that people who frequently comment on FTB and individual bloggers there hace issues with calls for civility. I wonder if Jason will hop in to call Dan a "vacuous shitbag troll" and a "tone troll." Maybe PZ will similarly heap abuse.

sacha

Post by sacha »

rayshul wrote:
sacha wrote:
sacha wrote:

ARHGHHHGHHGHGHGHGHGHHHH

and it's all my fault
:violence-hammer:
I have emoticons blocked, so all I get is "violence-hammer" haha!

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Here is a wonderful 'response' -- although this poster didn't necessarily write this in response -- to Rebecca Watson's recent comment saying
http://i.imgur.com/ioOcF.jpg

:
http://i.imgur.com/Iclqb.jpg

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

ERV wrote:And I noticed that Watson is bitching about people (just generic people) on Twitter:

I am often amazed by how nice people are. Really, everywhere I go. (Although I do try to factor in the fact I have very attractive friends and relatives that I sometimes travel with...)

But I wonder if it's because RW type people manufacture things to get upset by.

sacha

Gromit and tea

Post by sacha »

Gromit and tea... that is all

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Horace AKA netnanny wrote:AndrewV69,
I think that we may be on the same page on the issue of population/immigration, see my comments on the link.
Oh we are my man we are. I remember as a new immigrant to Canada, reacting with asonishment when I got my welcoming letter from the Liberal party reminding me that they were responsible for my success, and in future to always vote Liberal.

The point is they deliberately set out to transform a fairly homogeneous society with clearly defined traditions and standards, and transform it into a heterogeneous one while destroying it's institutions. All in the name of retaining a permanent political advantage.

Did not work out too well for them now did it? But they have saddled the country with the future potiential for sectarian violence once certain groups get large enough. The fecking tosspots.
Horace AKA netnanny wrote: BTW, you are not yet another Canadian slymepitter ? I thought that I would meet different cultures from around the world on the internet, I spend all my time talking to fellow Canadians and Australians.
Aye sir, I claim to be a proud Kanukistan, though fear not, we do have some Yanks here.

BTW, I think that the difference between Obama and Rommey as far as Canada is concerned will be marginal. I base this on how Rommey made his money. Personally, I think the USA is between a rock and a hard place. They do not have anyone viable for the leadership needed to get out of their current mess. It is going to get ugly.

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

Watson wrote:I believe all humanity is part of a single remarkable universe becoming conscious of itself.
If you hadn't told me this came from Watson, I would have guessed it came from someone like Deepak Chopra. Is this something a self-professed skeptic should be saying?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Horace AKA netnanny wrote:Pharyngulites telling him that good manners are a tool of the oppressors and he spends page after page explaining why not.
I find it funny that the Horde does not appear to understand that they are also oppressors. A real comedy.
Horace AKA netnanny wrote: Even though I like him, I look forward to disagreeing with him, never been in a debate with a proper philosopher before.
They are way to esoteric for me to hold my interest for too long. Ironically, at this point I have read more about philosophy, than actually reading philosophy for me to ever get into it.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Horace AKA netnanny wrote:
BTW, you are not yet another Canadian slymepitter ? I thought that I would meet different cultures from around the world on the internet, I spend all my time talking to fellow Canadians and Australians.
The thread is in English, so most of the participants are Canadian, Merkin, and British, but not all. I know of French, Italian, and German posters here.

franc

Post by franc »

Horace AKA netnanny wrote:I spend all my time talking to fellow Canadians and Australians.
Canadians are just Australians in thermal underwear.

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

EveryMan wrote: So I googled "Rebecca Watson rape threats". Lots of people talking about it, but no details. I did find this:

http://skepchick.org/2011/12/reddit-mak ... -atheists/
So let's recap (in no particular order):

1. Reddit trolls post about how they want to fuck a 15yr old girl up the ass because she posted a pic of herself with Carl Sagan's book
2. Youtube trolls talk about how Watson should be raped because of the elevatorgate video and the subsequent flamewars
3. Elevatorgate itself
4. Ophelia's threat which is not a threat
5. Dr. Hall's t-shirt
6. Parody ceramics
7. Mr X/Dr. Buzzo frequently did not fuck off when people told him to fuck off. Also upskirt camera which turned out not to be upskirt camera. I managed to find this account about his attitude, but it's pretty vague and from a poster who is pretty biased towards Watson-style feminism the little I've read of the jref TAM threads. I believe there's also more descriptions at skepticalabyss.
8. Dr A/Dr Adequate rumored to have forced french kisses on unwilling women in a TAM meeting. Again, could only find rumor-ish second hand accounts in my brief googling. (source 1, source 2). I'm pretty sure I've read a better account somewhere else before on that TAM harassment thread, and that RemieV was one of those victims, but I can't find it through google at the moment. Seems like Dr A was once a popular member of the forums and even married another forumite, almost had a wedding at TAM?
9. Us slimepitters and our inability to "just get it"

Anything else?

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

Oh yes...

10. Ashley Miller's assaulter, who was thrown out of the meeting by DJ.

franc

Post by franc »

Question that's never been asked. How do these serial victims manage to go to music festivals and survive?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

franc wrote:Question that's never been asked. How do these serial victims manage to go to music festivals and survive?
I did ask this very question at Abbie's place, couple of months ago. No answer, though...

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

sacha wrote:
EveryMan wrote:Sacha loses her keys at the mall, so franc tells her to retrace her steps...

[youtube]zdjsUWFNvnY[/youtube]

but I'd never go to a mall...
It's the big store with the little stores inside, sweetie.

Let Unca Franc hold your keys next time, k?

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Lovely wife-soon-to-be. She is the sweetest person. We never fight or argue (well, we do, but she's very smart and can outdo me anytime with ease).

She's also the main provider of incomes (music really doesn't pay). I stay at home and take care of the place. Can the knuckleheads at FTB wrap their head around such a concept?
Another thing on the long list of items Americans don't talk about.

All the happily married guys I know make way less money their wives.

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

Dilurk wrote: Just look at the front page of reddit.com There it is. Atheism in the top bar. Where is the evidence that all the posters making sexist comments were made by atheists? Did someone go through and check a few to see if they were regular posters on /r/atheism ? Where is the evidence? This is akin to suggesting that all the commenters at Larry Moran's site http://sandwalk.blogspot.ca are all atheists.
I feel like I'm having a conversation with my teenage self.

Yes, if you look for bad shit, you will find it.

But, if you sort the good shit/bad shit, the good shit is actually the majority. See the top-rated reddit comments for example. Figured that shit out before I went to college. Given that Becky is 32 I think she's a lost cause.

I'll point out, again, that most of the 'trolls' are Omega males that have been brutally bullied by women their whole life. So what the femmies are experiencing on the InterNet is little more than blowback from female privilege.

But I won't say it serves them right. That would be tacky.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

tachikoma wrote:
Not an app, but obligatory xkcd comic

(FWIW I didn't think your "cranky" comments were bad)
That stuff would be awesome! Ok, maybe I'll just paste my comments through a voice generator before clicking "submit".

Everyman: about working wife and stay at home husband, it's really not that uncommon where I live. We are 50 kms away from the Italian border, I'm half Italian, and the culture there, despite Italian macho clichés, is mostly centered around the "woman of the house". The Mama always has the final word. She's the boss, the head honcho...etc (complete with other Zucker Bros dialogues).

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Ok, found the quote I was aiming for:

"Rex Kramer: But it's his ship now, his command. He's in charge, the boss, the head man, top dog, big cheese, a head honcho, number... "

Close enough.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

OK kiddies, put on your reading caps and pay attention:

The "this" words I have underlined are links. They lead to the three sites I have listed.

http://westhunt.wordpress.com/2012/08/0 ... d-no-data/
There is plenty of talk about race, ethnicity, and IQ available on the web but it is dominated by sites with lowbrow commentariats that are not very helpful, for example at one extreme sites like this and at the other occasional bouts at sites like this or this.
1st : Stormfront
2nd : http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/
3rd : http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/

That is all I have to say.

SteveW68

Re: Gromit and tea

Post by SteveW68 »

sacha wrote:Gromit and tea... that is all
No Cheeeese...?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: Gromit and tea

SteveW68 wrote:
sacha wrote:Gromit and tea... that is all
No Cheeeese...?
I second that. Well, except if you're lacto-intolerant, that is.

franc

Post by franc »

AndrewV69 wrote:OK kiddies, put on your reading caps and pay attention:

The "this" words I have underlined are links. They lead to the three sites I have listed.

http://westhunt.wordpress.com/2012/08/0 ... d-no-data/
"Second, there is so far no useful analysis from the “liberals” at all. (I use the L word following convention but I don’t think it is right: I am a liberal and most of them are not.)"

FUCK YEAH

Won't make the font flash. I feel so much less alone.

Thank you, you baboon sewer-mongers, for destroying liberalism and making it such an easy target for Faux News. Cunts.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

tachikoma wrote:Oh yes...

10. Ashley Miller's assaulter, who was thrown out of the meeting by DJ.
Oh yeah, the sexual harassment that did NOT get reported as a sexual harassment, and Ashley got mad that it was not reported as a sexual harassment, even though she also said that she never told them about the sexual part of it at the time!!! The sexual part was allegedly that the guy asked her for sex repeatedly, not taking no for an answer. I do hope she actually remembered at the time to actually SAY "no" to the guy, but let's not go there, and by 'there' I mean further into the territory of: Read My Mind, Menz!
franc wrote:Question that's never been asked. How do these serial victims manage to go to music festivals and survive?
Instead of going to music fests, they go to victim fests that happen to have music. And most of that music is not even music. It's, ugh, political folk music that reminds me of the kind of shit music that children tend to be subjected to. Link is to the festival that I went to 7 (I think) times to, as my annual vacation while in the old cult. It's basically a revival, but instead of for xtians, it's for feminists, esp lesbian separatist ones.

Damn! Should have posted a trigger warning to myself before posting the above paragraph. "wimmin's music" *shudder* Get out of my head, Meg Christian, Holly Near, Alix Dobkin, and you others! Ferron, you can stay because your music does not actually rape my ears, but the rest of you, shoo! scatter! off with you!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Scented Nectar wrote:
Instead of going to music fests, they go to victim fests that happen to have music. And most of that music is not even music. It's, ugh, political folk music that reminds me of the kind of shit music that children tend to be subjected to. Link is to the festival that I went to 7 (I think) times to, as my annual vacation while in the old cult. It's basically a revival, but instead of for xtians, it's for feminists, esp lesbian separatist ones.

Damn! Should have posted a trigger warning to myself before posting the above paragraph. "wimmin's music" *shudder* Get out of my head, Meg Christian, Holly Near, Alix Dobkin, and you others! Ferron, you can stay because your music does not actually rape my ears, but the rest of you, shoo! scatter! off with you!
Shit, I didn't know it was this stupid. What kind of new-agey bullcrap is this? And this is what's happening to Atheism? Well, correction: FTB Atheism. The Dobkin one is quite frightening, in a way.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Sorry all, and trigger warning for an video ad for the feminist yearly revival I mentioned above. This hurt me more than it will hurt you. Now then, I must spend the rest of the day recovering. :cry:
[youtube]Ut3X6Xdrbuk[/youtube]

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

Shit, I didn't know it was this stupid. What kind of new-agey bullcrap is this? And this is what's happening to Atheism? Well, correction: FTB Atheism. The Dobkin one is quite frightening, in a way.
That's a sample of the approved wimmins music that us harder core lesfemseparatists listened to in the 80s. Had to be a woman singing, and preferably a lesbian with a political message.

I have to give Holly Near a bit of a break though. She's done some songs for a lot more causes than just feminism. Here's one, where despite the folksy sound, the words are not bad, with an atheist theme (other than a new-agey mention of your 'higher power'):

[youtube]AJqtWqVFods[/youtube]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

There are good values in all these musical pieces. Lyrics may or may not be part of them. That last one by Near is catchy, and as a non-english speaker, I have the privilege of not listening to the lyrics (although I did, read the subs to be sure, and quite like most of them). Musically speaking, all these are fine. But come on! "Amazon Witches"?

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Rw thinks the universe is in the process of becoming concious?

We've got another Leah on our hands, she's figured this allout by herself, by thinking really really hard about it, and since it's her thoughts and feelings on the matter they are aboslutely valid and should be treated with respect according to matt (im trying really hard to be a feminist) dillahunty.

Watson is a fuckwit, is she going through the stageof thinking she's a witch and putting spells on stones? Or moving towards eastern woo, i studied eastern woo for along timeand yes i was a fuckwit, you have to be to come out with statements like that, if she's at that stage of still in need for a spiritual connection to something, and not able to accept that she isn't shit and the universe doesn't know or give a fuck about her, i wouldn't be surprised. Someone with watson's ego could never accept that they mean fuck all.

Note for the fuckwits out there, this is not an expression of hate towards women, this is an expression of contempt for idiocy from a human being. There is a differnce, maybe you will discover it when you step outside of your screwed up ideology.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

My impression of that wombyns music is that the music is merely a vessel or medium for the political message, rather than being about the music as an artform to be developed to an elite level.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Scented Nectar wrote:That's a sample of the approved wimmins music that us harder core lesfemseparatists listened to in the 80s. Had to be a woman singing, and preferably a lesbian with a political message.
I watched a clip on their site and there was not an unshaven pit among them. I don't even known what radical feminism IS any more.

Also noticed some Kiwis on there. Doin' us proud. Haha.

Michael K Gray

Flash Harry

Post by Michael K Gray »

A wee bit of fatherly advice to those amongst you, who seem "pleasure-bent" on exhibiting novel "flashing" images, as were Christmas presents that actually came with batteries.[1]
There are some folk, (myself amongst them), who have a very real medical condition known as photo-phobic epilepsy.
(Not like the unreal and entirely fabricated first and last occurrence of the condition of Transient Prosopagnosia, that Beccy seems to have both invented, contracted, and been cured of in short order.)
But, take it from me, severely flashing images WILL trigger a seizure in a susceptible individual, mit is simply the severity of siezure that is the variable. From a simple "vagueing out at the traffic lights" at one end of the spectrum, to a full-blown Grand-Mal siezure at the other.
Listen. This is no joke. Not an attempt at humour.
No.
This shit really happens to susceptible people, and IT HURTS THEM! (Us)
We have to take at least 3 or 4 days off work, as a result.

Now that you have been made aware of the damage that you are doing through your carefree sport, give a mind to those that you are potentially forcing into a crippling seizure.
If you have never experienced one, then you are lucky.

Ixnay on the lachnayF, OK?

(Yes, we photo-phobics are a minority in the general population, but a majority in the elite geeks. Make of that what you will.)

As for bragging rights to equines:
http://www.michaelgray.com.au/Resources ... Shadow.jpg
My favourite mounr ( a thoroughbred gedling) On my farm.
http://www.michaelgray.com.au/Resources ... albyn1.jpg
http://www.michaelgray.com.au/Resources ... halbyn.jpg
(Both on a friends' horse-breakers' farm, in unbearably extreme heat on New Year's day. over 45C (~115F) in the shade. 60+ (~140F) in the sun.)

[2] The only reason that I am posting this is because Sacha DID NOT ASK ME to do so. She was spot-on in assuming that had she asked me to any single thing, I would have immediately responded in the NEGATORY. And published photos of her neighbor's under-garments.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

As Menière afflicted as I am, I can only agree with MKG. Nothing is as bad* as some stupid smiley/flash/gif moving around in my eyesight while browsing/reading.

Guys (and gals), don't do that!

*Ok, things can be more bad. Don't RD me!

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:As Menière afflicted as I am, I can only agree with MKG.
Menière's disease in in the same league, but no where near in the same acute, versus chronic disabling characteristics as induced seizures.
The former is admittedly chronic, but the latter is utterly crippling, in the literal meaning.
Quite literal.
We are quite literally crippled for days.
Can't get out of bed "crippled".
No joke.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

@ MKG - Australia looks to be as hot and dry as central Texas. I'm hoping that TS Ernesto heads our way next week ... no joke. Parched and broiling here.

@ Scented Nectar - Your mention of the womyn's music festivals and Holly Near reminded me of my years in the Pacific NW and what a breathlessly sincere ingenue I was about the politics. Coffee came out my nose laughing at the memory. :lol:

Well if horse piccies are to be shared here's one of mine:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2549/3807 ... c5c6e0.jpg
hotpens by BarnOwl83, on Flickr

That's my Thoroughbred mare at the front left - we were at a polocrosse tournament. Some here might know the sport ... it's an Australian invention, imported to Texas (and other parts of the US) by ex-pats.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Badger3k wrote:
ERV wrote: And I noticed that Watson is bitching about people (just generic people) on Twitter:

Not too weird if she believes that type of new age crap. I've heard it before, usually with the excuse (when trying to sound not new-age woo) that it refers to the fact that since we are part of the universe, when we became conscious and aware of ourselves, we are therefore part of the universe discovering itself. Supposedly poetic. Still sounds like twaddle no matter who says it.
We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos

*ahem* Still, he was Carl Sagan, someone who had actually you know, done stuff.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

BarnOwl wrote:@ MKG - Australia looks to be as hot and dry as central Texas. I'm hoping that TS Ernesto heads our way next week ... no joke. Parched and broiling here.
Yeah, pretty much, I guess. The 'greenery' in the scenery belies just how fucking HOT it was.My daughter eventually melted into a 44 Gallon drum of broiling bore water, and was mightily relieved, despite the non-gradient in Kelvin scales.
The greenery in these photos is a puzzle to me. It had not rained for at least 3 months.
That's my Thoroughbred mare at the front left - we were at a polocrosse tournament. Some here might know the sport ... it's an Australian invention, imported to Texas (and other parts of the US) by ex-pats
How olde was the mare, if I may be so bold as to enquire?

GenerallyFading

Requesting help

Post by GenerallyFading »

Afternoon all

Just logged into Hotmail and have received a spam email from (supposedly) the following address :-

contact-2648@babooniwf.com

Is this an attack from some unethical baboon who's handed my email address to a spammer, or am I simply being paranoid?

I'm not particulalry worried, as all addresses I don't recognise specifically get junked, but I am pissed off if my details have been handed out and FURIOUS at these disgsuting spammers (the mails are all to do with helping people, so I did begin looking at them without clicking on any links) whether they are baboons or not.

I'd really appreciate some feedback if others have experienced the same.

GenerallyFading

Post by GenerallyFading »

Bugger, Lsuomo, can you make that link not viable??

Ahhhhh! I'm having huge problems with this site today!!!

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:There are good values in all these musical pieces. Lyrics may or may not be part of them. That last one by Near is catchy, and as a non-english speaker, I have the privilege of not listening to the lyrics (although I did, read the subs to be sure, and quite like most of them). Musically speaking, all these are fine. But come on! "Amazon Witches"?
The Holly Near one is pretty good, but if the lyrics had been all womanpowerblahblah, I wouldn't like it, despite the tune actually being catchy. Her voice is nice to my ears too, have to admit. My beef with all of them was the radfem message of the 80s that they all sang to the tune of, so to speak.

Oh we were all hungry for female magic power words back then. Amazon, witch, all good because they had some sort of power and were women. One word versions of those new age lists of 'power affirmations' (I am strong, I am a survivor, I am a fighter, I am worthy, I am blahblah, ugh, *vomits* sorry).

At that Michigan festival, there was a small store near the night stage. It was called the Cuntry Store. It's ok to say it and use it as long as you're not male, I guess.

Only good thing about the festival, was that all clothing was optional, and I really enjoyed being naked outdoors.
rayshul wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:That's a sample of the approved wimmins music that us harder core lesfemseparatists listened to in the 80s. Had to be a woman singing, and preferably a lesbian with a political message.
I watched a clip on their site and there was not an unshaven pit among them. I don't even known what radical feminism IS any more.

Also noticed some Kiwis on there. Doin' us proud. Haha.
If you go to the festival, you'll probably still find unshaven pits, but I suspect more around the older crowd, or those visiting from parts of Europe where the norm is to not shave them.

Michael K Gray

Re: Requesting help

Post by Michael K Gray »

GenerallyFading wrote:Afternoon all
Just logged into Hotmail and have received a spam email from (supposedly) the following address :-
contact-2648@babooniwf.com
Is this an attack from some unethical baboon who's handed my email address to a spammer, or am I simply being paranoid?
Yep. Being paranoid.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Yup i second paranoid