mordacious1

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

Post by mordacious1 »

Reap-entant Misogynist. No?

bhoytony

Re: There is Hope!

Post by bhoytony »

Mykeru wrote:[youtube]bsND7aibvOQ[/youtube]

This could end Atheism Plus if 1. It's aerosol and 2. We rent a crop duster.
I hope that everybody noted that one of the symptoms of hipsterism is "talking about your bike". Do you really want to be considered a hipster?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

AbsurdWalls wrote:There was a discussion here recently about Hitler's vegetarianism wasn't there?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2KS1eQ7iq
For more than two years Margot Woelk had to taste Hitler's food to ensure it was not poisoned.
She feasted on fresh fruit and vegetables including asparagus, peppers and peas, while her fellow Germans were being rationed.
Mrs Woelk, now 95, was one of a dozen women the Fuhrer used to protect himself at his Eastern front HQ known as the Wolf's Lair.
'It was all vegetarian, the most delicious fresh things, from asparagus to peppers and peas, served with rice, and salads. It was all arranged on one plate, just as it was served to him.'
She did not recall tasting any meat or fish and did not have to try out drinks.
The Mail is a shit rag but I will believe this story from them, they have their connections.
I wonder how much of the murderous behavior exhibited by vegetarians is due to eating a lot of grain products such as bread?
I was reading some stuff on the internet lately (maybe here) that documented how bad bread is.
Phil! Bakeries are evil! Get as far away from that concept as you can!!!

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

bhoytony

Doesn't apply to me, I'm way over 40 and don't live in my mom's basement.

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

Jack wrote: I think some have Sociopathic tendencies. They don't understand why their words upset people so much so they set up a whole line of defences to try and deal with it. Couple that with being spoilt and indulged brats all their life and you have a recipe for social disaster. I rarely see such self absorption outside A+ and FtB. Oh, and they seem to posses no sense of humour what so ever so fail to grasp irony or satire. Not all are like that, there are also some deliberately stirring the pot for their own political agendas.

If Atheism Plus did not have the word Atheism in it I would not give a toss about them (it has nothing to do with atheism anyway) But people looking to receive help or information about atheism are in for a shock and may get a terrible impression which, unfortunately, they will accept as a general rule due to their own religious indoctrination.

The very idea that to be a free thinker or atheist REQUIRES Rad Fem doctrine is asinine. IF they want to chat about their feminism good luck to them, just don't high-jack another belief system to do it. That is dishonest. Their whole approach is based on a delusion and a lie.
I agree. Imagine if some chaps turned up at a radfem conference, started saying they were sexually harrassed and demanding they talk about UFOlogy.

The problem is they are not any of the things they claim to be. They are poseurs. Hipster ideologues. They have probably, if any of them ever bothered, found that actual activism wasn't focussing enough on how awesome they are and left to try something more about them, if they were not (as some claim) kicked out of every group they joined. There inflexibility is so complete that they are dysfunctional normally, so in a political field, which is about compromise and diplomacy, they are utterly detrimental yet sanctimoniously and with such arrogance and obliviousness claim they are the "good guys."

That sort of "good guy" given power tends either to be executed by his own people or foreign governments or his country ruined by the international community. We call them extremists. Their beliefs are irrelevant.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Scented Nectar wrote:The Reapo Man?
Oooo! I quite like that one!

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Hahahaha! That video is brilliant! Thanks for the link.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Ophie seriously doesn't see how hypocritical she is? http://www.freezepage.com/1360459144WAINQQIMRL

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Bit of good news here. Step-daughter got accepted to university also. She wants to be aerospace engineer.

I believe that's a STEM field, innit?

Altair

Post by Altair »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Ophie seriously doesn't see how hypocritical she is? http://www.freezepage.com/1360459144WAINQQIMRL
I wonder if Zvan will tell Ophelia her opinion on the use of hashtags:

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/7117/dibujonoi.png

Jezebel also has a post about the hashtag (http://jezebel.com/5982901/feminists-ar ... on-twitter). In my opinion, all these "trolling" and mocking only succeeded in making them look like angry bigoted haters, but maybe I'm just having an optimistic day.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Submariner wrote:Bit of good news here. Step-daughter got accepted to university also. She wants to be aerospace engineer.

Woohoo! Kudos to your kids!

Altair

Post by Altair »

Submariner wrote:Bit of good news here. Step-daughter got accepted to university also. She wants to be aerospace engineer.

Maybe she can build a pink space shuttle?
http://forums.randi.org/images/smilies/scarper.gif

acathode

Post by acathode »

Altair wrote:Jezebel also has a post about the hashtag (http://jezebel.com/5982901/feminists-ar ... on-twitter). In my opinion, all these "trolling" and mocking only succeeded in making them look like angry bigoted haters, but maybe I'm just having an optimistic day.
Bah, it was hilarious when it was done to A+, complaining about them doing basically the same thing would just stupid. Heck, who takes twitter seriously anyway? Only the creepy clowns, from what I've seen...

Altair

Post by Altair »

acathode wrote: Bah, it was hilarious when it was done to A+, complaining about them doing basically the same thing would just stupid. Heck, who takes twitter seriously anyway? Only the creepy clowns, from what I've seen...
Is there any other kind of clown?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Reapeating on you.

Reaparing the world.

Reaping the harvest.

The grinning reaper.

A grand reapast.

Why are we doing this?

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

If it is, he really needs to cut his finger nails.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Reap wrote:Ok ...I need a title for my new blog. Any suggestions? If I do happen to pick one suggested by you then you win the honor of me never writing a harsh word about you, ever....unless you steal my car, or drink my last beer in the fridge. There are limits.
Reap; It's an anagram of Pear

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

I'll just note that "talking about your bike" is listed in the video as one of the symptoms of being a hipster douchebag.

:whistle:

Reap

Post by Reap »

Thanks everybody, man some of those are really good ....Damn it, now I gotta pick one....

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

bhoytony wrote: I hope that everybody noted that one of the symptoms of hipsterism is "talking about your bike". Do you really want to be considered a hipster?
Dangit, beat me to it again.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Edina Monsoon wrote:Reapercussions
reap 'er cushions

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

BarnOwl wrote:
I'm sure assholes shout things at me when I'm running, but I can't hear them now because of my iPod + recently-purchased decent sports earbuds. If the asshole 1) lives in my neighborhood and 2) drives a huge pickup, SUV, or muscle car, then I might bestow one of my special stickers on their vehicle, while out running under cover of dark. The stickers read "Ask me about my TINY PENIS!"

Reminds me of the incident at the university swimming pool when I was in grad school: there was a guy who would pull down his Speedo and expose himself underwater when a women swam by in the next lane. I was asked whether I'd seen him expose himself, because I swam laps there 2 or 3 times per week. I replied, "I don't know - I don't wear my contact lenses while swimming and don't see particularly well without them, so if he exposed himself I couldn't really see anything."

Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.
I've been looking at that exchange of tweets, on and off, all day trying to make sense of it.
Is there a mis-spelling? Did she not hear correctly? Did the dude actually say something about "fat"? Is there some use of the word "hat" of which I was previously unaware? Was the Stefalump sexually assaulted by a sombrero at some point?

The longer I spend, even remotely aware of the antics of the baboons the more bizarre everything seems.
There's a tremendous scene in Philip Kaufman's 1978 remake of "Invasion of the Bodysnatchers", where Donald Sutherland is wandering around San Francisco. He's increasingly disorientated. The camera stays low and swirls around him. Formerly familiar surroundings seem inexplicably changed and he doesn't know why. He can see something is wrong but he doesn't know what and no-one else seems to notice.
The baboons really do seem to live in a parallel universe where the basic element isn't hydrogen but rather, paranoia.

Either that, or PZ is really Andy Kaufman.

Mykeru

Re: Bikes

Post by Mykeru »

mordacious1 wrote:All this talk of bikes makes me want to get my Koga-Miyata out of the garage and finish refurbing it. The reason it got put in there to begin with though, is we have narrow roads (few bike lanes) here and over half the population is octogenarians, another quarter are meth addicts. One takes one's life in one's hands when one hits the road (literally) in Western Nevada County, CA.

Definition of a bike lane here: Where the road sweepers put the glass, nails and rocks from the roadway.
Do you had goat's heads? They are little burrs shaped like caltrops that were always sticking in the tires of the shit bike I road in AZ. I should have bought stock in tire goo self-sealant.

The worst thing about goat's heads? They would break off in the tire and puncture and the embedded barb could puncture your tire at odd moments. Basically, get enough barbs in your tire, you were going to go through tubes like popcorn.

Altair

Post by Altair »

Gefan wrote: I've been looking at that exchange of tweets, on and off, all day trying to make sense of it.
Is there a mis-spelling? Did she not hear correctly? Did the dude actually say something about "fat"? Is there some use of the word "hat" of which I was previously unaware? Was the Stefalump sexually assaulted by a sombrero at some point?
I think it's not really about sexual harassment or assault, but a case of "you can't tell me what to do".

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2702/43440833.png

It doesn't make a lot of sense to tell that a complete stranger, but it's possible the guy was actually trying to give her some advice, if the day was really really cold. It's weird how she gets really offended at things most of the people has forgotten about an hour later.

And then it takes Melody Hensley to turn a one time situation into a "happens-all-the-time" situation that describes the relationship between the genders:

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1500/86198363.png

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

Altair, that's precisely the way I saw it. I even put red squares around it when I added it to my collection. They always have to speak in terms of gender. As if strange people (both men or women) never shout directions at men on the streets, in which I usually yell "FUCK YOU" back at them. These radfem-fucktards wouldn't be able to survive in a big city.

BarnOwl

Re: Bikes

Post by BarnOwl »

Mykeru wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:All this talk of bikes makes me want to get my Koga-Miyata out of the garage and finish refurbing it. The reason it got put in there to begin with though, is we have narrow roads (few bike lanes) here and over half the population is octogenarians, another quarter are meth addicts. One takes one's life in one's hands when one hits the road (literally) in Western Nevada County, CA.

Definition of a bike lane here: Where the road sweepers put the glass, nails and rocks from the roadway.
Do you had goat's heads? They are little burrs shaped like caltrops that were always sticking in the tires of the shit bike I road in AZ. I should have bought stock in tire goo self-sealant.

The worst thing about goat's heads? They would break off in the tire and puncture and the embedded barb could puncture your tire at odd moments. Basically, get enough barbs in your tire, you were going to go through tubes like popcorn.
Pfft. You haven't lived until you've pulled mesquite thorns out of a horse's gums or from the inside of their cheek.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

agarybuseychristmas wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2013/ ... does-work/

So Greta decided to write this a while back, and not sure if anyone caught it, but the rape rates in Edmonton actually increased after this campaign was introduced.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/01/26/s ... se-in-city
I wrote a blog about it. http://unsolicitedcomment.wordpress.com ... christina/

She got it badly and misleadingly wrong. Her supporter hjhornbeck says (essentially) "So what? She wasn't writing a formal paper!" and the campaign DID work because the police used the word 'success'.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
UnbelieveSteve wrote:BINGO I WIN!

http://i.imgur.com/s3CRVpD.jpg

Unfortunately i no longer have the @Secular_Steve Twitter ID. Ool0n is running a 'grab and steal' script and has targeted the pit.
I still have my account running thank fuck, but under my updated ID: @Steve_WCoA, so all is good.
Watch the little cunt. He's a sneaky one. Any modifications you choose to do to your Twitter ID, there's a chance you may not be able to return to it.
Ool0n King Haxxor i salute you. :moon:
Wait, what? That fucker had better not be doing this to me. I have enough fucking bullshit from that piece of shit stalker. If I find Oolon is running that crap on my name, I will fucking rain rage and fire on that little shit. I've been pretty nice 'til now.
He can't - unless you change your twitter ID to get around the Block Bot's script. It's not like he's hacking for passwords.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Skep tickle wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
Reap wrote:Ok ...I need a title for my new blog. Any suggestions? If I do happen to pick one suggested by you then you win the honor of me never writing a harsh word about you, ever....unless you steal my car, or drink my last beer in the fridge. There are limits.
"Reap Culture"?
Haha
The Reap Apologist.

It works because you'll be arguing in favour of Reap.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Reap wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:

Unfortunately i no longer have the @Secular_Steve Twitter ID. Ool0n is running a 'grab and steal' script and has targeted the pit.
I still have my account running thank fuck, but under my updated ID: @Steve_WCoA, so all is good.
Watch the little cunt. He's a sneaky one. Any modifications you choose to do to your Twitter ID, there's a chance you may not be able to return to it.
Wait, what? That fucker had better not be doing this to me. I have enough fucking bullshit from that piece of shit stalker. If I find Oolon is running that crap on my name, I will fucking rain rage and fire on that little shit. I've been pretty nice 'til now.
WHOOO HOOO! IM NUMBER 1!! Im number ONE! I'm...hey wait I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! After I unbanned him from my blog comments too. Oh well I tried to like him he is just a hopelessly stupid fuck, and thats a dealbreaker for me.
It's alphabetical order, reap. You're like one of those glass installers who advertise in the phone book under 1AAAA Glass Repairs.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

rocko2466 wrote:
Reap wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:

WHOOO HOOO! IM NUMBER 1!! Im number ONE! I'm...hey wait I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! After I unbanned him from my blog comments too. Oh well I tried to like him he is just a hopelessly stupid fuck, and thats a dealbreaker for me.
It's alphabetical order, reap. You're like one of those glass installers who advertise in the phone book under 1AAAA Glass Repairs.
Yeah reap check ur numerical privy ledge!

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Tigzy wrote:
UnbelieveSteve wrote: I don't think anyone on his list has been suspended yet. Out of the 59 entries so far, 8, no, 9 belong to me. Some are brand new accounts. Yeah i like to troll King Ool0n and that stinky little discharge known as Aratina.
Have to admit, it's as funny as fuck seeing such bold freethinkers and social justice warriors (working for societal change, donchaknow!) greet the idea of being part of a small, censorious enclave with such enthusiasm.

Normal person: what ya doin?
SJW: Building a wall around myself.
Normal person: Oh. Why?
SJW: So I don't have to listen to big meanies like you.
Normal person: O...kay.
SJW: (peeking over the wall, now at nose height) We're on the right side history, you know. We're winning. You're not.
Normal person: Sure.
hahahahahaha

(Sorry guys, I'm syncing up to board time atm)

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

ReneeHendricks wrote:

Thanks Renee!

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Submariner wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:

Thanks Renee!
Aye good for them, congratulate em both from some old bastard in England. :clap:

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

jimthepleb wrote:
Submariner wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:

Thanks Renee!
Aye good for them, congratulate em both from some old bastard in England. :clap:
Now, that's funny. Thanks Jim.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Submariner wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:

Thanks Renee!
Excellent! Sounds like they are both getting off to a good start!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

windy wrote: No, I'm Finnish. We're just secretly happy that someone is paying attention.
I have a very good impression of the Finns based on the very few I have met. Even more impressive in my opinion, was how the Finns put a serious hurting on Russians in WWII.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Submariner wrote: That's the problem with these equity feminists. They don't want to go out and work construction, or be a sewer inspector, pipefitter, welder, linesman, electrician, truck driver, plumber, diesel mechanic, or any of a myriad of perfectly respectable jobs. They all want, no, expect to all be lawyers, doctors, and small animal veterinarians. I got some bad news for you sunshine: the world needs auto mechanics too. Go learn a trade. You want equal treatment? The first time I call out a plumber and a female shows up....you'll be equal.

[youtube]JPtQ4K-evBo[/youtube]

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

[youtube]qqjkCarI7xo[/youtube]

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

another lurker wrote:
Submariner wrote: That's the problem with these equity feminists. They don't want to go out and work construction, or be a sewer inspector, pipefitter, welder, linesman, electrician, truck driver, plumber, diesel mechanic, or any of a myriad of perfectly respectable jobs. They all want, no, expect to all be lawyers, doctors, and small animal veterinarians. I got some bad news for you sunshine: the world needs auto mechanics too. Go learn a trade. You want equal treatment? The first time I call out a plumber and a female shows up....you'll be equal.

Damn, the video is blocked in my region.

BaconNutellaFiend

Post by BaconNutellaFiend »

Reap wrote:Thanks everybody, man some of those are really good ....Damn it, now I gotta pick one....
More fuel for the fire:

Jeepers Reapers
Legitimate Reap
Reap and Pillage
Statutory Reap
Stochastic Reap

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Reap of the Sabines - ( too highbrow?)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Richard Dworkins wrote: The issue with that is less critical theory and more the misunderstanding of the fundamental idea (which is based around Arch Sophist Derrida's idea of deconstruction as I am sure you are aware).
I had to stop there and search my memory. Then I realized that no, indeed I can not recall much about Derrida except for some generalized ideas which do not translate well into English. So I did a search and came across this:

A READER'S GUIDE TO "PLATO'S PHARMACY"
http://www.lawrence.edu/dept/english/co ... rmacy.html
"Plato's Pharmacy," one of Derrida's most influential and amusing early essays, was first published in 1972 and translated into English in 1981. The English translation, which was done by Barbara Johnson, is available in Dissemination, a collection of Derrida's essays published by the University of Chicago Press.

What is "Plato's Pharmacy" about? Hoo boy. What is it not about? Perhaps the best way to answer that one is by saying that the essay offers a close--no, make that a very close--reading of the Phaedrus, a dialogue by Plato. One of Derrida's goals in this essay is to show that although Plato tries to construct a number of hard and fast distinctions--such as the distinction between philosophy and mythology--those distinctions are actually undermined by his own logic and rhetoric.
So now I am going to disappear for awhile. I skimmed enough to determine that it is interesting enough to read slowly and savor. Not sure if I should thank you or curse you at this point, my reading list is already a mountain and this has just skipped to the head of the line.

I am also resisting the urge to reread the Republic, despite my lingering horror whenever I contemplate Socrates, who I have always seen as a dreadfully jumped up little man too much in love with himself, and who delighted in rubbing the noses of his "betters" in shit.

Oh a master in rethoric to be sure but I think he got way too pleasure in leading people up and down, and back and forth by the nose. He was a fucking sadistic bully.

I know he was a man of his times and the times were rough, but he was presented to me as the second coming of Jesus Christ and he clearly was not.
Richard Dworkins wrote: You are correct, they have placed themselves in a maze with no centre or exit. They are neither skeptics nor atheists. Athenists perhaps.
Possibly proof of impending full fledged senility, was that I first saw this as a reference to Pallas Athena, before realizing that the story of her creation would not go down well with that lot.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

BaconNutellaFiend wrote:
Reap wrote:Thanks everybody, man some of those are really good ....Damn it, now I gotta pick one....
More fuel for the fire:

Jeepers Reapers
Legitimate Reap
Reap and Pillage
Statutory Reap
Stochastic Reap
:clap:

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Gumby wrote:
Mykeru wrote:[innertube]bsND7aibvOQ[/innertube]

I'll just note that "talking about your bike" is listed in the video as one of the symptoms of being a hipster douchebag.

:whistle:
I have an anti-hipster bike:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8077/8376 ... df43_z.jpg

The aerobar front end is good for 1. That elusive 3rd hand position when one is getting numb 2. Mounting my light centered and 3. Flicking hipster douchebags out of the way.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Submariner wrote:
another lurker wrote:

Damn, the video is blocked in my region.

There are other ways of getting it, if you're ok with that sort of thing:P I can point you in the right direction, if you are interested enough. I really hate the 'blocked in you region' bullshit, happens to me all the time.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

FFS, Ophelia Benson is such a fucking hypocrite.

Here's an article where she and her commenters BAG ON A WOMAN BECAUSE OF HER APPEARANCE.
And what's more, saying she's NOT QUALIFIED FOR A JOB because of it.

http://www.freezepage.com/1360468357JOCHDEDEHS

I'm not parodying, here: I'm serious. You can't fucking harp on your gender feminist ideology one moment and then fucking drop it to bitch about an attractive woman being cast as Anne of Green Gables (and calling her Anne of Titty Gables because of it).

I've gotta say - it appears their feminism is for unattractive women. There seems to be a resentment of stereotypically attractive women here...

(Note: NateHevens even says "all pornstars are blonde". He obviously doesn't ever watch porn.)

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

HOLY SHIT. Ophie slut shames in comment 3 accusing the woman of being a "pouty poochy seductive type who lounges around with her hand in her hair posing for an ad for the local bordello."

BECAUSE SHE PUT HER HAND IN HER HAIR.

FFS.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

another lurker wrote:

Drills off the 90 degree, 'sawing' to and fro with a power saw, using the weight all wrong with both sanders....I'm entirely convinced....fun to watch though.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

bahahahaha

"It’s not her sexuality, it’s the producers’ idea of the market’s idea of the readers’ sexuality."

Oh, Ophie. Oh, Ophie!

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

jimthepleb wrote:
another lurker wrote:

snip

Drills off the 90 degree, 'sawing' to and fro with a power saw, using the weight all wrong with both sanders....I'm entirely convinced....fun to watch though.
That's cuz the technique being used is one of 'maximum jiggle'. :P

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

rocko2466 wrote:FFS, Ophelia Benson is such a fucking hypocrite.

Here's an article where she and her commenters BAG ON A WOMAN BECAUSE OF HER APPEARANCE.

I'm not parodying, here: I'm serious. You can't fucking harp on your gender feminist ideology one moment and then fucking drop it to bitch about an attractive woman being cast as Anne of Green Gables (and calling her Anne of Titty Gables because of it).

I've gotta say - it appears their feminism is for unattractive women. There seems to be a resentment of stereotypically attractive women here...

(Note: NateHevens even says "all pornstars are blonde". He obviously doesn't ever watch porn.)
HAHAHA such bullshit, redheads are seriously my thing. My missus is auburn, Isla fisher is my fantasy woman (used to skate with her brother) and Audrey Hollander is my favourite porn star....so wrong on all counts Nate.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Submariner wrote:[youtube]qqjkCarI7xo[/youtube]
You're STILL stalking that poor guy submariner!! Get a room ffs ;)

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Gefan wrote:I've been looking at that exchange of tweets, on and off, all day trying to make sense of it.
Lacking much by way of context I admit this is a complete guess, however, going on the phrase being uttered as it was reported I'd wager that it is plausible that at the time, she was riding a bicycle sans a protective helmet for her noggin. Not normally referred to as a hat I'll grant but perhaps the motorist in a fit of pique upon seeing a fellow road user improperly attired fumbled their words as they voiced a reprimand; technically cyclists should be wearing helmets which would dovetail with the phrase uttered. Aside from that I can't imagine any reasonable interpretation for saying such unless they happened to be on a construction site or other mandated hard hat area.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

jimthepleb wrote:

I took a Klingon blood oath to not comment. So..... no comment.

Altair

Post by Altair »

rocko2466 wrote:bahahahaha

"It’s not her sexuality, it’s the producers’ idea of the market’s idea of the readers’ sexuality."

Oh, Ophie. Oh, Ophie!
It's cute how she tries to deflect the blame into others when she's taken to task by one of her own. After calling the woman in the pic a "pouty poochy seductive type". she now has to backpedal and blame the producers when her own tactics are used against her.

Related to the pouty poochy, posing for a bordello ad, is this quote from a reader that appears in the article Ophelia links to (underline mine)
Another pointed out that "Anne has red hair. RED HAIR. It's a key part of her character and is a strong influence on her words and actions. Secondly, Anne is 10 at the start of the series. What is up with the bedroom eyes? Did they just do a Google image search for Sexy Farmgirl? Does anyone publishing this book have any idea of what the stories are actually about?" setting up a plea to "keep Anne ginger".
Dafuq? Seductive type? Posing for a bordello ad? Bedroom eyes? I'm a straight male, and when I look at that picture, I don't see any of those things. I see a girl with pretty eyes who happen to be smiling (not pouting). I don't see the "come ravish me" attitude. The most I could read from her face and attitude is an "I'm happy to see you" vibe.

Again, they seem to have a more objectifying, hostile "gaze" than the rest of us.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

AndrewV69 wrote:I have a very good impression of the Finns based on the very few I have met. Even more impressive in my opinion, was how the Finns put a serious hurting on Russians in WWII.
Me too, for the aforementioned serving of embarrassment they served up to the Red Army but mostly for Nightwish and Tarja.
Note: NateHevens even says "all pornstars are blonde". He obviously doesn't ever watch porn.
Clearly, mine has that deep red colour that is most becoming of a lady, and is that a slur upon blondes anyway? Is hair shaming okay?

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Submariner wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:

I took a Klingon blood oath to not comment. So..... no comment.
I'm only doing it to piss off dankworth;)

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

jimthepleb wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:FFS, Ophelia Benson is such a fucking hypocrite.

HAHAHA such bullshit, redheads are seriously my thing. My missus is auburn, Isla fisher is my fantasy woman (used to skate with her brother) and Audrey Hollander is my favourite porn star....so wrong on all counts Nate.

Redheads are definitely hawt. Sorry Ophie, blondes are too commonplace anymore. See Mythbuster Kari Byron.
kari.jpeg
(6.76 KiB) Downloaded 320 times

Altair

Post by Altair »

jimthepleb wrote: HAHAHA such bullshit, redheads are seriously my thing. My missus is auburn, Isla fisher is my fantasy woman (used to skate with her brother) and Audrey Hollander is my favourite porn star....so wrong on all counts Nate.
I'm partial to Madison Young, myself.