Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
dogen

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by dogen »

Southern wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Apples wrote:Shitballs ... another innocent A+ thread turns problematic -- this time it's a "Recipe Thread for Cautious [i.e., timid to the point of incompetent - ed.] Food-makers."

Emptyell makes the mistake of recommending Egg in a Hole (Nest, Basket. whatever), which she apparently calls Egyptian Eggs or One-Eyed Egyptian eggs (I say apparently because moderator ischemgeek took the liberty of editing the post: "Reason: Removing racially charged food name").
ischemgeek wrote:MODERATOR NOTICE: Emptyell, I know you probably don't associate that food name with anything disparaging, but I'd stay away from such food names because they are microagressive.
That's right - even though it has nothing to do with race and refers to ancient Egyptian painting style, it's a "racially charged food name" and a "microaggression."

So Emptyell apologizes for being blind to her microaggressiveness -- d'oh!!! Kassiane pounces:
Kassiane wrote:Sooo associating blindness with a bad thing (like not noticing something you are saying or doing is microaggressive) is also microaggressive...
Classic. Dear A-plussers - you deserve each other:

:moon:
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 739#p83303
Jeebus Tittyfucking Christ!!!

Plus, I don't think anyone has noticed emptyell's avatar yet - from The Residents. Watch the shit hit the fan when someone spots that!
I hope none of them descends to the tropical side of the Americas, then. Here we have a candy called, I shit you not, "negrinho" (roughly translated as: "little nigger"). And other called "nega maluca" ("mad nigger").

Those First World bastards know NOTHING about offending people with food.
Just read the thread. Someone mentioned Greta's pie crust. I think I just barfed in my mouth.

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

justinvacula wrote:Thanks everyone for the tremendous support, laughter, contributions to my #WIScfi fundraiser, and now the idea for a new fundraiser dubbed "Send Justin Vacula to Empowering Women Through Secularism conference in Dublin"

Any promotion, donations, and sharing of the fundraiser is much appreciated!
I hope to report, once again, and host Brave Hero Radio from a conference.

Who knows what will happen in Dublin? I will be there to capture it!
Done. Good luck.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

FrankGrimes wrote:
justinvacula wrote:Thanks everyone for the tremendous support, laughter, contributions to my #WIScfi fundraiser, and now the idea for a new fundraiser dubbed "Send Justin Vacula to Empowering Women Through Secularism conference in Dublin"

Done. Good luck.
Thanks! Currently at $2045 raised - this is going fast!

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

FrankGrimes wrote:

Done. Good luck.
Thanks! Currently at $2045 raised - this is going fast!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Kareem wrote:And Allen Klein makes another dollar.
His estate perhaps? Far as I know he is dead.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

sacha wrote:
bovarchist wrote:
Allison Pearson is the one who ran afoul of Doug Stanhope last year, after her cruel remarks regarding a paralyzed man who wanted to commit suicide.

http://www.dougstanhope.com/journal/201 ... rkeys.html
for fuck's sake, she's another malevolent moron, but the article I linked to was decent
Used to watch an arts and culture review panel program in the UK called "Late Review". It was one of those shows where the panel would demonstrate their sophistication and saps like me would congratulate ourselves on our superior taste in television viewing matter for watching. Allison Pearson was a regular on that show. I started to see sense when a sneery artsy cynic by the name of Ekow Eshun declared his disdain for the notion that selflessness was a factor in the Normandy landings. Cunt!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

justinvacula wrote: Thanks! Currently at $2045 raised - this is going fast!
Sounds like a conspiracy to me. What hath man the Slymepit wrought? And how will man Justin use his miracles?"

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Anyone want to take break from dogma of #ftbullies and respond to religious arguments and assertions on the page pertaining to my recent activism with the FFRF?

http://timesleader.com/news/local-news/ ... -of-prayer

...now over 375 comments!

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Dumb skeptic gets owned - politely, and with data - in her comments section.

Jamie blogs...
t’s graduation season and I recently went to Tucson to attend my brother’s graduation from the civil engineering program at the University of Arizona...However, at his college graduation ceremony I noticed something particularly disturbing. There were 32 undergraduates obtaining their civil engineering bachelor degrees and another 18 getting either a masters or PhD. All of these students were men.
Let me repeat that: The University of Arizona awarded 50 students degrees in civil engineering this year and not one went to a woman.
The rest of the post goes on with similar anecdata, and complete lack of thoughtful or statistical analysis.

The very first comment, while presumably written in support and sympathy, blows the author's point out of the water:
Wow, that’s terrible. I graduated a few years ago with a degree in Structural Engineering, and about 1/3 of us were women.
So, anecdata immediately makes the score Patriarchy 1 : 1 Progress.

A person called Corey Henderson makes a very long, very serious, very well-constructed comment which should have Jamie weeping onto the Starbucks table she presumably inhabits 8 hours a day in lieu of actual work. Too long to quote, go read it.

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

No problem Justin. But just in case you raise more than you need (say by a factor of 25), please send a portion of my donation to Anita Sarkeesian. She seems to have fallen behind in her video making efforts to rid the world of rapist gamers. I'm certain that's because she doesn't have enough money.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

About to listen to Mykeru get microreaped.

In the mean time, FrogSaga is still kicking at A+ forum, and pushing back at ischemgeek & esp ceepolk's chiding, starts here: http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 125#p83315

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Skep tickle wrote:About to listen to Mykeru get microreaped.

In the mean time, FrogSaga is still kicking at A+ forum, and pushing back at ischemgeek & esp ceepolk's chiding, starts here: http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 125#p83315
Frogsaga made the point made here several times. Of course people like PMZ refuse to accept or consider it as it is against his religion and it won't allow him to rant:

'Frogsaga: Her video was shallow and offered up little in the way of actual research or nuance of argument, and many gamers agree with me: She does not show any signs of having a grasp of video games themes or their history. '

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Just to add, Ceepolk says if you do not agree with something (clearly anything that does not fully support their narrative) it is a derail and needs its own thread. What is the point of that forum again? Its one of the most useless forums I can imagine. Is that the great Social Justice movement in action? Pathetic.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Aneris wrote:PZ Myers on Russel Blackford. Its easy to overlook from a general internet forum perspective how extreme this actually is.
One of the things that puts me off the man is that I never get a glimpse of any kind of personal warmth. Lots of sound and fury and utopian ideals, not a lot of humanity.

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

I can't stand that place. Mod: You're off topic. Create another thread. [Actually, you're not really off topic it's just that you're making us look bad with all your logic and reason and shit. Please stop it or be banned.]

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

Also, apparently Anita's first video was a cheeseburger.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ceepolk needs a time-out in my opinion.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

AndrewV69 wrote:

ceepolk needs a time-out in my opinion.
ceepolk needs a kick in the cunt. Word.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Aneris wrote:PZ Myers on Russel Blackford. Its easy to overlook from a general internet forum perspective how extreme this actually is.
One of the things that puts me off the man is that I never get a glimpse of any kind of personal warmth. Lots of sound and fury and utopian ideals, not a lot of humanity.
You've nailed it. Yes, exactly. When insulting catholics made him money, he insulted catholics; when insulting creationists made him money, he insulted creationists; and now he has backed himself into the position of Feminista #1, he has had to come up with some pretty fucking convoluted positions. One minute it's "cuddly old grandpa figures like me", the next it's "stale conformist white dudes like me".

So yes, absolutely everything Meyers does should be seen in the light of, simply, profiting for himself. That includes whoring himself out for Becky Whatnot's amusement t alcohol-fueled social events, and it includes him turning up at a women's conference - like Vacula - instead of using the cash/free gift to pay for a woman to attend.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Dumb skeptic gets owned - politely, and with data - in her comments section.

Jamie blogs...
t’s graduation season and I recently went to Tucson to attend my brother’s graduation from the civil engineering program at the University of Arizona...However, at his college graduation ceremony I noticed something particularly disturbing. There were 32 undergraduates obtaining their civil engineering bachelor degrees and another 18 getting either a masters or PhD. All of these students were men.
Let me repeat that: The University of Arizona awarded 50 students degrees in civil engineering this year and not one went to a woman.
The rest of the post goes on with similar anecdata, and complete lack of thoughtful or statistical analysis.

The very first comment, while presumably written in support and sympathy, blows the author's point out of the water:
Wow, that’s terrible. I graduated a few years ago with a degree in Structural Engineering, and about 1/3 of us were women.

A person called Corey Henderson makes a very long, very serious, very well-constructed comment which should have Jamie weeping onto the Starbucks table she presumably inhabits 8 hours a day in lieu of actual work. Too long to quote, go read it.

From that thread :

marilove / May 25, 2013, 6:12 pm

Just search for our usernames in the Slympit the next time someone suspects an MRA troll. He’s been chatting about us since the very beginning. I should have said something, but it was kind of fun. Anyway, he thinks he’s clever but you guys WE CAN READ WHAT YOU SAY IN A PUBLIC FORUM.
Who is marilove talking about?

(for some reason that name marilove is ringing some sort of bell. Apparently I have come across it before?)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

NM about marilove. I did a search on the pit. All is revealed.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
I'm sure he pats the trophy on the head when he feeds her.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Dumb skeptic gets owned - politely, and with data - in her comments section.

Jamie blogs...

gawd, that article needs 'trigger warning' on it.

Let's go down the list. It's her teacher's fault for not encouraging her, it's the boys' fault for giving her a hard time, it's the university's fault for not actively recruiting women, it's society's fault for not supplying her with role models...did I leave anything out? So many people stopped her from becoming an engineer!

What does she think...that men never face obstacles in pursuing their goals? It's a hard world for everybody, and yes, some may have it easier than others, but if you can't even handle being discouraged by high school boys, how on earth do you expect to ever succeed at anything?

U of T may have lost an engineer, but feminism has gained a martyr.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

justinvacula wrote:An anonymous donor just contributed - fundraiser is now at $1800 in a matter of minutes! The 'pit is strong! :o
No offense meant to either you or your donor, but that seems like an extraordinarily large amount for something like this, and IMO would be much better spent in Oklahoma than Dublin. Also: wouldn't it be better for your own PR, atheism PR in general, and society, if you were to skip the conference altogether and go help tornado victims instead?

It's your time, and their money, and you all can do whatever you want with it, it just seems like a waste to me.

skepandsprinkles

Post by skepandsprinkles »

Not that I don't think girls shouldn't be encouraged to go into STEM fields you can't force them, regardless of what these people might want to think. I have been told since I could talk that I could grow up and be ANYTHING I wanted. My dad's company pushed "father-daughter" days to encourage an interest in engineering and math.

But sometimes little girls are going to be stereotypical little girls. When I was 7 I wanted to be a stay at home mother and a concert pianist at the same time. Some of us move into a STEM or STEM-lite field and some don't. It's about time people accepted the power of choice

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

bovarchist wrote:

Jamie blogs...

gawd, that article needs 'trigger warning' on it.

Let's go down the list. It's her teacher's fault for not encouraging her, it's the boys' fault for giving her a hard time, it's the university's fault for not actively recruiting women, it's society's fault for not supplying her with role models...did I leave anything out? So many people stopped her from becoming an engineer!

What does she think...that men never face obstacles in pursuing their goals? It's a hard world for everybody, and yes, some may have it easier than others, but if you can't even handle being discouraged by high school boys, how on earth do you expect to ever succeed at anything?

U of T may have lost an engineer, but feminism has gained a martyr.
Skipping over the toxicty from marilove & Will: a couple of posters there add info that could be useful to the discussion if only there were a "discussion" to be had. There's lots of effort at the university level to encourage women to go into engineering (including extra funds used for this effort), so the small # of women who are, at that point, interested have lots of options, with lots of competition between the schools to entice them. Whatever issue exists starts much earlier.

And now I'm trying to recall where it was I saw an article linked - was it here, a while back? - about how women who are strong in math & science tend to have stronger skills in other areas ("verbal" in testing parlance, I think) than men who are strong in math & science; the women therefore have a broader range of options for fields to go into. Women also tend to be more likely to go into professions seen as social and "helping" (not that engineering isn't) - whether that's cultural or biological is another matter. (Cue Steersman citing Pinker?)

(FWIW, my background includes science degrees from a mostly-male, mostly-math-and-science college & graduate program, and my spouse is a prof in an engineering program x 20+ years that has ongoing efforts to attract women students & faculty.)

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

skepandsprinkles wrote:Not that I don't think girls shouldn't be encouraged to go into STEM fields you can't force them, regardless of what these people might want to think. I have been told since I could talk that I could grow up and be ANYTHING I wanted. My dad's company pushed "father-daughter" days to encourage an interest in engineering and math.

But sometimes little girls are going to be stereotypical little girls. When I was 7 I wanted to be a stay at home mother and a concert pianist at the same time. Some of us move into a STEM or STEM-lite field and some don't. It's about time people accepted the power of choice
Ah but that just shows that you have been raised in a patriarchal culture and have internalized the culture's messages...

[script]

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

skep tickle wrote:FWIW, my background includes science degrees from a mostly-male, mostly-math-and-science college & graduate program
I guess the problem is that they only let chill girls into STEM fields. :lol:

Whisper Walrus

Post by Whisper Walrus »

So apparently this is real.

I wanted to write something really biting and clever, but honestly all I have in my head right now is whatthefuckwhatthefuckwhatthefuck!?

Really, world? Really?

:snooty:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

skepandsprinkles wrote: But sometimes little girls are going to be stereotypical little girls. When I was 7 I wanted to be a stay at home mother and a concert pianist at the same time. Some of us move into a STEM or STEM-lite field and some don't. It's about time people accepted the power of choice
/nod ... lead a horse to water and all that.

I am envious about one of my neighbours who is a stay-at-home Dad (he also has a home based business) and his wife is away for weeks at a time more often than not.

Could not ask for a better set up for some one like myself.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Whisper Walrus wrote:So apparently this is real.

I wanted to write something really biting and clever, but honestly all I have in my head right now is whatthefuckwhatthefuckwhatthefuck!?

Really, world? Really?

While it's possible some people take it seriously, some of those reviews are firmly tongue-in-cheek, and the app info on the right of the page says: "Category: Entertainment"

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Really, world? Really?

They got an app for that? Ahahahaha!

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Check out the 3rd line on the 3rd screenshot there - it calls the user "cis scum" :D

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Metalogic42 wrote:
skep tickle wrote:FWIW, my background includes science degrees from a mostly-male, mostly-math-and-science college & graduate program
I guess the problem is that they only let chill girls into STEM fields. :lol:
Well, sure! That's one of the first things they ask on the application. :D

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Haha! Oh, I am such a cunt for laughing. But the only other option is a feeling of desolate sadness, and I ain't got enough love for Nerd of Redhead for that.

The humor here is in no way derived from the awfulness of the stroke his wife suffered last year. Look, just read this priceless shit (it's my bolding):
Nerd of Redhead, Dances OM Trolls:

Yesterday was a long day. The Redhead dragooned me into taking her to the Chicago Gem and Mineral Association show, an annual fixture of hers ever since we got here 25 years ago...She got to visit with a lot of the exhibitors, whom she had made good acquaintances over the years, and thanked them in person for their support after her stroke. Made a couple of purchases, including getting her wedding ring recast to fit her now fatter fingers on her left (effected) hand.
Fuck me, Nerd! You smooth like sandpaper!

didymos

Post by didymos »

Really, world? Really?

I'm pretty sure that's a joke, based on the description:

"Check your privilege, with PrivilegeChecker. The Android app that helps to keep you from inadvertently oppressing those around you. This app with its patented OppressionMeter can tell you just how oppressive you are being by simply existing! This app does not have any ADs, nor does it require Internet access. In fact, it doesn't request any special privileges at all. Thats because here are PrivilegeChecker, "We do our best to never oppress!"

Download the app and keep your privileges in check today!"

didymos

Post by didymos »

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Tigzy wrote:Oh, and I got sexually harassed by a mentally disturbed woman, too.

You don't have to be mentally disturbed to want to sexually harass me, but it helps.
Don't know about that but the hooking up with a woman with deformed legs was a smooth move. Much harder for her to run away.

Slither

Post by Slither »

Wait, what?! White people can travel backward in time? How did I not know this before? Or is it an app feature?

agarybuseychristmas

Post by agarybuseychristmas »

Skep tickle wrote: Skipping over the toxicty from marilove & Will: a couple of posters there add info that could be useful to the discussion if only there were a "discussion" to be had. There's lots of effort at the university level to encourage women to go into engineering (including extra funds used for this effort), so the small # of women who are, at that point, interested have lots of options, with lots of competition between the schools to entice them. Whatever issue exists starts much earlier.

And now I'm trying to recall where it was I saw an article linked - was it here, a while back? - about how women who are strong in math & science tend to have stronger skills in other areas ("verbal" in testing parlance, I think) than men who are strong in math & science; the women therefore have a broader range of options for fields to go into. Women also tend to be more likely to go into professions seen as social and "helping" (not that engineering isn't) - whether that's cultural or biological is another matter. (Cue Steersman citing Pinker?)

(FWIW, my background includes science degrees from a mostly-male, mostly-math-and-science college & graduate program, and my spouse is a prof in an engineering program x 20+ years that has ongoing efforts to attract women students & faculty.)
What I find particularly offensive about this all is that what you can take from this, once considering reality, that men and boys simply must have thicker skin if the answer is not some type of biological phenomena. Like, being a 'nerd' wasn't exactly the most advantageous position to be in socially for most boys. Many had their asses regularly beaten.

Of course, all of this also assumes that the males who end up going into engineering actually just really wanted to be engineers/in STEM in general. Like you said, this article http://www.news.pitt.edu/women_STEM shows that women have more options. I know I want to be an actor, but guess what I'm doing instead in the interim? Programming.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Skep tickle wrote:

Really, world? Really?

While it's possible some people take it seriously, some of those reviews are firmly tongue-in-cheek, and the app info on the right of the page says: "Category: Entertainment"
Yes, clearly a poe. Some of the comments are funny too. What's even funnier is you could cut and paste those comments to FtB/A+ and they would not look out of place.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Slither wrote:
Wait, what?! White people can travel backward in time? How did I not know this before? Or is it an app feature?
It comes with the Dr Who module.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

Skep tickle wrote:FrogSaga is still kicking at A+ forum, and pushing back at ischemgeek & esp ceepolk's chiding, starts here: http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 125#p83315
That was wonderful!

By the way, on the Feminst Frequecy Facebook page it says:
We're nearing completion on our next video focusing on the intersection of violence against women & the Damsel in Distress trope in modern games. We're working with some extremely graphic & triggering imagery and it's been difficult to decide how much violence against women to show.
"Extremely graphic and triggering imagery" in computer games. I can't wait for their review of Tom and Jerry.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/30/o ... an-trailer

My personal bias is I don't like seeing violence perpetrated against women. However, context matters. The women in this trailer had come to kill him - they fired a rocket launcher at his building, kicked and punched him, fired a machine gun at him (which he blocked by holding one of the assassins as a shield). It seems bizarre to ignore the context and just focus on him hitting them.

If there was a trailer and the main character was a woman, and a bunch of men had come to kill her by firing a rocket launcher into her building and then she killed them all by punching, kicking, shooting them and using one of them as a human shield then that would that provoke the same reaction?

codelette

Post by codelette »

Jamie blogs...

"bwahhh, I didn't go into Engineering cause ....middle school...bwahhh."
Idiots and their pathetic excuses.

BTW, I found this paragraph interesting...
It’s graduation season and I recently went to Tucson to attend my brother’s graduation from the civil engineering program at the University of Arizona. I am so proud of him for making it successfully to graduation and know he’s going to have a bright future as a civil engineer.
I wonder if it ever occurred to her that the rest of those "MEN" are somebody else's sons, brothers and fathers and that maybe, just maybe they all have bright futures as civil engineers.

ButterCup

Post by ButterCup »

Just saw this on the Freedom From Religion Foundation Facebook Group:
http://i.imgur.com/o8mhwZ3.png

codelette

Post by codelette »

PS. I wonder how much my EE is worth given that:
1) my school didn't have any pre-engineering programs
2) my parents had no college education (my father didn't go to school past six grade. my grandparents were/are illiterate)
3) I didn't know any engineers
4) grew poor
5) vagina

Funny thing is that my neighbor/ex-roomie had the same "handicaps" listed above and graduated with a BS in ChE.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

ButterCup wrote:Just saw this on the Freedom From Religion Foundation Facebook Group:
It's heartening to see that people at least dare to call this the irrelevance that it is. I'm not so sure that would have been possible a year ago.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

So, no Game of Thrones yesterday? Patriarchy strikes again!

I'm in withdrawal, and getting the shakes. I. Need. My. GoT! Maybe I'll just rewatch last episode. Yeah, that should do it.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:So, no Game of Thrones yesterday? Patriarchy strikes again!

I'm in withdrawal, and getting the shakes. I. Need. My. GoT! Maybe I'll just rewatch last episode. Yeah, that should do it.
WHAT!? May the old gods and the new curse them!

OK, OK… everyone, go buy Crusader Kings II. Then install the Game of Thrones mod. And then, may the incest commence.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

ButterCup wrote:Just saw this on the Freedom From Religion Foundation Facebook Group:
Yes its better than it may have been before:

1. JV a knwon MRS---no evidence for that, untrue. If true it goes into my 'so what' category as it can mean anything.

2. Hartwell..Non-sequitur. They do not use prayer to cure but real medicine. JV said prayer. Logic fail as Hartwell is desperate to find something bad about him even when looking stupid to do it.

3. Helge..I assume not an atheist? Believes in prayer depending on what his claim actually is ( may be prayer can be a good placebo which is true)

4. Jason. Fair comment.

5. Stacy. States a common lie. Not a rational person.

So this is on a site that says it is an anti-theist site. I think it shows how much the dogma has penetrated rational minds like an infection.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

(Oh, actually, if anyone does want to get CKII, it's currently on sale on Amazon for $9.99. Anyone outside the US will have to do some address-changing shenanigans to buy it though.)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

To people here setting-up donation stuff:

Is it possible to set an international "phone donation"? You know, the type where you send a message or two and it pays (like in downloadable content for MMORPGs).

It would be quite cool. Ali had to let 8,45 euros go to the bin yesterday because she didn't use all of her prepaid phone credits before expiration time. I too have a lot of credit to spare. Such a system would finally allow us to help (even if only in small ways) financially.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Jack wrote:4. Jason. Fair comment.
Fair comment, even though I don't agree with you. I actually think Richard Dawkins should not retire and puppies should be used in the fracking process.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Aneris wrote:
Jack wrote:4. Jason. Fair comment.
Fair comment, even though I don't agree with you. I actually think Richard Dawkins should not retire and puppies should be used in the fracking process.
It was not factually incorrect, it was an opinion which is in itself fair. I do not agree with it of course but that's OK.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Justin, what's the story with this picture?

http://d2oadd98wnjs7n.cloudfront.net/me ... 1369615713

Another important piece of information about the Irish conference is it's location:

It's being held in the same venue as the International Atheist convention of 2011.
Which means it's being held in the famous Elevatorgate hotel.

In other words Justin, if he's able to go, will be able to visit (and film and show the rest of us) the famous scenes of the crime, namely the hotel bar, and du-du-DUUUUUUUU!.....the notorious elevator!

Perhaps you could use that elevator as a means of raising money?
For example film yourself giving the "Don't take this the wrong way" speech there and name the sponsors. (" I find ---- very interesting and want to talk some more"

Probably best not to do this while Rebecca is in it. :shifty:

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Hang up a full size poster of yourself in the elevator and the musak can be that shrill shower curtain tune from Psycho. It will make them feel at home.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

ElevatorGate Part Two. A stumbling drunk Rebecca comes on to you in an elevator at 4am. You then make a video saying "Gals, don't do that..." Another 2 years of hilarity ensues. That's my guess. :lol:

cunt

Post by cunt »

$3500 for a three night stay in Dublin. :think:

LMU

Post by LMU »

justinvacula wrote:Anyone want to take break from dogma of #ftbullies and respond to religious arguments and assertions on the page pertaining to my recent activism with the FFRF?

http://timesleader.com/news/local-news/ ... -of-prayer

...now over 375 comments!
I tried posting a couple comments over there but they never appeared, not sure why. So it goes.