The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
comhcinc

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by comhcinc »

jugheadnaut wrote: For some reason Asian drivers seem to really prefer backing into parking places. I informally noticed this a few years ago, and since then I've been reflexively taking a quick look at the driver, and at least 90% of the time they're Asian. I asked my (Chinese) gf about this, and she said without elaboration that it's just the better way to park and whities don't do it because we're lazy and always want to do things the easy way. I think the explanation may be that there's something in Chinese culture where if a task has a difficult component and an easy component, it's virtuous to do the difficult component first. This isn't really justified in this case because backing in to a parking space is more difficult than backing out.
Your (Chinese) gf is actually on to something. It is easier to back into a parking space than it is to back out of one for no other reason other than you can see oncoming traffic.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

I always back into parking spaces. It's just the logical thing to do, for me. Makes getting the hell out of wherever I'm at much easier.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Gumby wrote:I always back into parking spaces. It's just the logical thing to do, for me. Makes getting the hell out of wherever I'm at much easier.
http://d35gqh05wwjv5k.cloudfront.net/me ... 006-lg.jpg

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Anyone who always parks the same way, regardless of situation, is a tad too anal. There are situations where head-in is best; there are situations where tail-in is best. It's not hard to figure out.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

John D wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:You don't think all asian women can't drive?
Maybe I misjudged you and you are a bleeding heart SJW?
I never said all Asian women cannot drive.

*snip*
John D is so wrong. Speaking as a person with extensive experience of Chinese* driving abilities, I can fix that statement for John -

"Asian* People cannot drive."

Someone had to say it. And bring it on Steers.

Prior to coming to Hong Kong, neither my husband nor I had ever had an accident. OK, apart from my ruining his fancy alloys on the kerb a few times. We now average one major accident a year.

3 of them have been our car being rear-ended, two of them at a traffic light intersection. Because it is impossible for the locals to judge the speed of a stationary car at a red light apparently. The last one was the most wtf moment of all. Our car was parked in its usual spot in the private car village carpark (otherwise known as extortion by triads, pay to park your car, or get paint stripper all over it). Husband having a coffee on the balcony watched as a local woman who could barely see over the dash of her newly purchased BMW 740 somehow managed to confuse the accelerator & brake pedals on an automatic car and careered straight into our car.

The worst of the lot are those cars with dual mainland / HK plates, best advice is to get off the road and wait until the danger has past.

The accidents are but the tip of the iceberg; the daily near misses & staggeringly bad driving mean we are contemplating going without a car.

* I am only talking about Chinese people who have grown up in China / HK. I am not referring to those who are ethnically Chinese but born & bred in a country that knows how to drive & think. This isn't actually a racial stereotyping, it's a cultural one. When your education system produces rote learners who can only follow known processes without questioning, when placed in a situation, such as driving, where on-the-spot thinking and logic are required chaos is the result.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

HunnyBunny wrote: * I am only talking about Chinese people who have grown up in China / HK. I am not referring to those who are ethnically Chinese but born & bred in a country that knows how to drive & think. This isn't actually a racial stereotyping, it's a cultural one. When your education system produces rote learners who can only follow known processes without questioning, when placed in a situation, such as driving, where on-the-spot thinking and logic are required chaos is the result.
:clap: I think you've hit the nail on the head. Best explanation I've heard.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Gumby wrote:I always back into parking spaces. It's just the logical thing to do, for me. Makes getting the hell out of wherever I'm at much easier.
I go straight in, with the turn done right, in one movement, the vehicle is at 90 degrees and the wheels are turned at the angle used to enter. You just level the steering wheel stable and back out at the angle of entry without having to turn the wheel.
Drawback is that it only works when you continue in the same direction you are going before pulling in to the spot, advantage for me is I have a fairly wide vehicle with a wide turning radius and in a narrow parking spot and with visibility limitations I find it easier to get properly lined up going forward.
You're not Asian are you Gumby?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

free thoughtpolice wrote: You're not Asian are you Gumby?
Nope. Nor am I anal, as Billie suggests. I think it's just a matter of personal preference, as meaningless an argument as toilet paper over/under, or hammer/screwdriver, etc.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Lsuoma wrote:
Never saw that sign before. And fuck 'em even if I had :)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Skep tickle wrote:Blech, must remember to preview. Meant this:
AndrewV69 wrote:Whoa! Anyone else see what I am seeing? I have seen that type of look before, and I have come to associate it with a certain type of personality (nothing about sexuality in case you are wondering if that is what I mean)
[.img]http://www.nature.com/polopoly_fs/7.190 ... ni_web.jpg[/img]
Intelligent? Focused? Wishing people wouldn't make such a fuss about her being a woman accomplished in math? ;)
Actually, what some folks refer to as "Aspie". I have seen it in a couple of people I know well, also in other people from time to time.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

That is fine if you are highly skilled at backing into a parking space. But I had a roommate who always backed into parking spaces and was slow as hell doing it. It drove me absolutely bonkers.

I question if your total time spent is higher by backing in first as that requires more care. But so long as I am not held captive in your care, you are free to do what you want.

-Soylent f98

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Sunder wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Mykeru vs. Jenny McDermott:
[youtube]j2-WgDPGeUM[/youtube]
She shows up in the comments on her backup account.
From the video: "our camera man was healthy in every size, and couldn't keep up... still healthy he later collapsed and died"

:lol:

John D

Post by John D »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Sunder wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Mykeru vs. Jenny McDermott:
[youtube]j2-WgDPGeUM[/youtube]
She shows up in the comments on her backup account.
From the video: "our camera man was healthy in every size, and couldn't keep up... still healthy he later collapsed and died"

Mykeru is really pretty fucking funny. I wish he wasn't such a dumb ass and would still post here. Hey Mykeru - ready for a flounce? Haha.

Billie from Ockham

free thoughtpolice wrote:I go straight in, with the turn done right, in one movement....
OK. I give. That would have been a better next sentence.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:
That is fine if you are highly skilled at backing into a parking space.
I am, if I do say so myself. Been doing it for many years.
I question if your total time spent is higher by backing in first as that requires more care.
The time saved when I'm leaving the parking space makes up for it.
But so long as I am not held captive in your care, you are free to do what you want.
Oh, thank you, massa.

Billie from Ockham

Gumby wrote:
Never saw that sign before. And fuck 'em even if I had :)
Yeah. It's usually written in simplified Chinese characters, as few others need to be told. :)

Billie from Ockham

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:I question if your total time spent is higher by backing in first as that requires more care. But so long as I am not held captive in your care, you are free to do what you want.
That's actually the main reason for head-in parking ... total time spent getting into and out of the space. The other reason is increased risk of damage to other cars when you back in. One of the few times that it is appropriate to back in is when you have plenty of time when parking, but traffic will be heavy when you leave.

(Why are we discussing/arguing about this?)

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Billie from Ockham wrote: (Why are we discussing/arguing about this?)
Because Slymepit.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Billie from Ockham wrote: Yeah. It's usually written in simplified Chinese characters, as few others need to be told. :)
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/DeNt2zn-4b8/hqdefault.jpg

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

The baboons had best do some tricks soon, that's for sure. Certainly when they launch the new blogs, and theobituary.net starts up.

windy

Post by windy »

Australian film crew attacked by "a group of masked men" in Stockholm

Swedish journalists were quick to identify the most problematic detail in the case:
Channel Nine confirmed its 60 Minutes team ran into trouble in Stockholm but only provided basic details. It did however say that news service Avpixlat' report was "accurate". Avpixlat is however well known in Sweden as a website that takes a strong anti-immigration stance in its coverage; several Swedish journalists contacted Fairfax directly to make this clear.
:popcorn:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Guest_84d94f98 wrote:I question if your total time spent is higher by backing in first as that requires more care. But so long as I am not held captive in your care, you are free to do what you want.
That's actually the main reason for head-in parking ... total time spent getting into and out of the space. The other reason is increased risk of damage to other cars when you back in. One of the few times that it is appropriate to back in is when you have plenty of time when parking, but traffic will be heavy when you leave.

(Why are we discussing/arguing about this?)
Actually, that sign is usually put on angled parking spaces, where the reversing in would be a major PITA (a 135 degree turn) plus a disruption to the directional flow of traffic.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Fuck. Martin Crowe is dead of the big C at only 53.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Lsuoma wrote:
Of course. If you get head while driving, you may crash.

free thoughtpolice

You know PZ and his merry band of social justice activists aren't being active when the thread deteriorates into a debate about car parking techniques.
Where is Sally Strange when you need her? :(

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

VickyCaramel wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:Corporations, including political parties, now enjoy the same rights as humans. So, no.
Political Parties are not the same as the government. They can establish their own rules.
If corporations have the same rights as humans, doesn't that mean that in theory they have the same responsibilities?
One would think so,in a way I guess they do.

While some of the monkeyshines they get into would land an individual in jail,corporations normally pay huge fines and promise to sin no more.( although something bad enough, with enough evidence and an individual to pin it on there may be jail time)

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Lsuoma wrote:Fuck. Martin Crowe is dead of the big C at only 53.
RIP

Nice video tribute here.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Inscrutable Chinese parking techniques are the reason why they will one day be our Overlords:

http://i.stack.imgur.com/CT56W.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bring the Trump.
[youtube]RtIGCGu9L90[/youtube]

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

feathers wrote:
deLurch wrote:Question:
In the US, it has been deemed pretty much impossible to limit campaign spending as the courts have equated dollars to superpacs to free speech.
So corporations are people, money is free speech, and a zygote is a child. This is getting weirder and weirder.
And Ketchup( or catsup, you decide) is a vegetable.

free thoughtpolice

Shatterface wrote:Inscrutable Chinese parking techniques are the reason why they will one day be our Overlords:

87, but only if he backed in. :ugeek:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Spike13 wrote:
feathers wrote:
deLurch wrote:Question:
In the US, it has been deemed pretty much impossible to limit campaign spending as the courts have equated dollars to superpacs to free speech.
So corporations are people, money is free speech, and a zygote is a child. This is getting weirder and weirder.
And Ketchup( or catsup, you decide) is a vegetable.
Ridiculous. Everyone knows it's a fruit.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Shatterface wrote:Inscrutable Chinese parking techniques are the reason why they will one day be our Overlords:

I remember this puzzle.

It's 87. The numbers are upside down.

Also I always pull forward into a space but I usually try to find two spaces end to end so I can pull forward into the next one and be facing out for easy egress.

Billie from Ockham

I have struggled to solve this series, but cannot. I give. What number comes after 16, 06, 68, 88 and before 98?

Oh, and I have it on good authority that a woman parked that car is a dancer. But we're not sure which way she turned when parking.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:John D wrote:
Just chain yanking. :P

We people out on the west coast of Canada never make cracks about Asian drivers. :snooty:
The ones born and/raised in Canada seem to do fine vs the ones who came here as adults?

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Fuck. Martin Crowe is dead of the big C at only 53.
RIP

Nice video tribute here.
Damn. He played in a brilliant era for NZ & worldwide cricket. 70's - 80's saw some great matches. I remember the Windies tour of 1980, just before Martin Crowe started international cricket, drama and great cricket. I think Martin probably was also after the waft of Aussie underarm stench hit the scene :whistle:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I have struggled to solve this series, but cannot. I give. What number comes after 16, 06, 68, 88 and before 98?

Oh, and I have it on good authority that a woman parked that car is a dancer. But we're not sure which way she turned when parking.
Look at it upside down, as if you were driving into the parking spot.

free thoughtpolice

Shatterface wrote:

Look at it upside down, as if you were driving into the parking spot.
Look a few comments up :P

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Spike13 wrote:And Ketchup( or catsup, you decide) is a vegetable.
According to this recipe:
https://allrecipes.com/recipe/232397/homemade-ketchup/

Tomatoes make up 75% of the components by volume prior to boiling down by half. Sugar makes up 14% of the pre-boil volume (28% post reduction volume). Vinegar is only 4-5% acetic acid, the rest being water, so I counted that as water.

So the resulting ketchup would be about 1.5 times a regular tomato by volume.

According to Alphram-Wolfram the serving size of a tomato is 2.7 fluid ounces.

2.7 ounces / 1.5 = 1.8 ounces of ketchup.

The standard size of a packet of ketchup is .32 ounces.

1.8 ounces ketchup / 0.32 ounces = 5.6 packets of ketchup to reach one serving of tomato.

-Soylent f98

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Where Watson apologies for being late, explains she literally swam knowingly in shit and enthuses about holding some poor schmucks life in her hands via possible jury duty.

A duty likely to be withheld given her immediate response to the screen question "what are your first thoughts about the word police" was "systemic racism".

[youtube]oIewSauHbcM[/youtube]

Enjoy.

She obviously loved making it:

http://i.imgur.com/auxN1Md.jpg

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

AndrewV69 wrote:

We people out on the west coast of Canada never make cracks about Asian drivers. :snooty:
The ones born and/raised in Canada seem to do fine vs the ones who came here as adults?
Richmond is about the only place I know of that does not have self-serve pumps.

For reasons.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

87. Why would you even ask? Is there some trick to this?

free thoughtpolice

AndrewV69 wrote:

Yes. Mostly noticeable in suburbs of Vancouver, as noted previously especially in Richmond. You seriously wouldn't want to paint a broad brush, but a lot of recent Chinese immigrants have had no or limited driving experience before they come here plus I gather driving behavior is different there if they had any exp.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Brive1987 wrote:Where Watson apologies for being late, explains she literally swam knowingly in shit and enthuses about holding some poor schmucks life in her hands via possible jury duty.

A duty likely to be withheld given her immediate response to the screen question "what are your first thoughts about the word police" was "systemic racism".

[.youtube]oIewSauHbcM[/youtube]

Enjoy.

I only listened for three minutes. What distracted me is that she is visibly aged now. Looks like Mother Nature is not going to be kind to her at all.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Brive1987 wrote:Where Watson apologies for being late, explains she literally swam knowingly in shit and enthuses about holding some poor schmucks life in her hands via possible jury duty.

Enjoy.

She has lovely eyes. Seriously.

I know this has been asked before but what the fuck does she do every day? She spends a half hour per month apologizing into her cellphone for a couple thousand dollars or whatever, an hour writing about whichever man has been naughty recently, and then...what? What? WHAT?

WTF does she do?

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

[youtube]cdMXQL7RYXs[/youtube]

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

AndrewV69 wrote:

Are you Autistic? (a serious question which may answer yours)

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

Enjoy.

She has lovely eyes. Seriously.

I know this has been asked before but what the fuck does she do every day? She spends a half hour per month apologizing into her cellphone for a couple thousand dollars or whatever, an hour writing about whichever man has been naughty recently, and then...what? What? WHAT?

WTF does she do?
Some people have a knack at earning income. One of the tricks is when to say no and to put a high value on leisure time. I do not begrudge her that at all and her so called lazy times are a smart move. More people should do it as there would be less heart attacks from stress for a start.

I think in the not too distance future people will laugh at the way millions were fooled into doing crappy jobs for next to nothing just to be able to live.

ffs

Post by ffs »

All Gumby prefer anal

free thoughtpolice

CH2O wrote:
WTF does she do?
She captains a team of hip young progressive feminists that work for 0% of what a man gets and has made a career of defaming famous atheist/skeptic types because she has no talent and no ideas of her own.
I'm guessing she is a total failure at surfing too, between her cat pissing in her wetsuit and having to go home and now she's afraid of waves if they are too big. (Last year when that pro-surfer was attacked by the shark didn't she dismiss as quirky incident?)
Other than that, I'm kind of uncertain what sort of content she has to offer. That is a tough question.

ffs

Post by ffs »

John D wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
Sunder wrote:She shows up in the comments on her backup account.

Mykeru is really pretty fucking funny. I wish he wasn't such a dumb ass and would still post here. Hey Mykeru - ready for a flounce? Haha.
Are you asking Mykeru to be gay?

ffs

Post by ffs »

Obviously the answer is 69

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:She has lovely eyes. Seriously.

WTF does she do?
Dunno. It can't be much. She says she's "going to be a lot busier than usual for the next month or so" if she gets selected for jury.

Most people probably couldn't say that.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Why do all these people look older than they actually are?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote:
Inception 2: Full Retard

Hello, paying customers. I acknowledge an unaccounted-for time-void since last providing my product to you.

Those previous two sentences-- the only two I've spoken-- cause me to digress into a reminiscence about an old Onion column.

(Parenthetically: I interrupt my digression with the realization that I haven't kept-up with the Onion for a time-void of undermined length and this is the same sentence because I'm continuing on in a run-on sentence without closing the parenthesis but, here, 3-layers-deep I'm still talking about the Onion column I mentioned in the digression (layer 2) and I don't really recall the details of the column.

I mean, I vaguely recall column's author was a slacker stoner columnist, so this hazy memory is layer 4. So, anyway, he used to begin his column by saying something similar to the first two 'hello' sentences I spoke back in layer 1. My similarity to the slacker makes me "like a loser."

So my feelings of loserdom are layer 5 in this concentric journey into me me me.

<<servicedog here: inceptioning-in to the mind of a madwoman/ to note that the columnist she's referring-to was named 'Jim Anchower'/ and below is the photo which appeared next to his byline. Please determine for yourself whether he bears any resemblence to Ms. Watson:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_to_dITiFe90/T ... chower.JPG tee-hee-hee!! /servicedog>>

So. Let's get back on track. "This has been an interesting week so far oh I'm not wearing glasses". We now pre-empt whatever "interesting" news I was about-to report, with a special bulletin: I'm not wearing glasses in this video. This video's reason-to-exist is for me to tell you that I'm not wearing glasses in the video. Seriously. This isn't just an aside. We're still 'inside' the glasses-thing. I'm live-vlogging my feelings about not wearing glasses in the video. Namely "it's weirding me out". And I "hope it's not weirding you out." But I don't hope-that enough to just put my glasses on.

We aren't done with the glasses. I'm still explaining why I'm not wearing the glasses. This whole story I'm going to tell you about going to the beach to surf is a subset of 'why I'm not wearing glasses'.

But first: you need to know something. I'm not-just not wearing glasses. I'm wearing contacts.

Because I "tried to" go surfing today. Didn't quite manage to do-so. Just like failing to produce recent videos or put-on glasses.

FYI: I haven't gone surfing for a time-void of "months", for reasons.

Today I'm interrupting the time-void... to "take a mental health day". Sometimes I need to take a day off from doing nothing, and just not-put-on glasses, fail to surf, and make a video. Because that's when I do actually make a video: on my day OFF from my routine.

The Onion is a parody. The stoner-column satirized a do-nothing burn-out. It was fiction. A typical installment consisted of the stoner searching the floor of his Chevy Nova for enough dropped-coins an beercan empties to by one gallon of gas to get to work, only to discover he missed his entire work shifty by the time he scraped-together a couple bucks. But this is my real life I'm reporting.

The waves have been "really big lately", when I wasn't surfing. But today the waves were "small", so I decided to go out. Does that sound backward? Well, I "don't remember how" surfing works. The part of my brain containing surfing knowledge is just vape-gas now.

When I got to the beach, there was a sign. Warning: Water Contains Fecal Bacteria So I jumped-in. Not enough to surf. Just enough to get poop bacteria on me. Then I came home and left my contacts in, rather than remove them/ clean them/ wash myself off.

Thus endeth the "Im not wearing glasses" segment of this video. We are now two minutes into this fucker.

So, returning to our regularly-scheduled "interesting" news. I reported for jury selection this week. Jury selection. The epitome of 'interesting'. I have never done jury duty before. HANG ON! STOP THE PRESSES. I gotta digress to issue a correction. On the fascinating subject of not-doing jury duty previously. I WAS called for jury duty in Buffalo! But I didn't have to serve because I 'moved away.

<<cool story, bro. tell it again.>>

But now I don't live in Buffalo. I live in San Francisco. HALT! CORRECTION: I live in Oakland.

Regarding the topic of how courts select who to call for jury duty, let me tell you: "I don't know how it works."

But, anyway" <--a phrase commonly used to indicate reverting from a digression, back to the Point. But... fuck that!

"But anyway... I was actually called to do jury duty LATE LAST YEAR, but I couldn't go because I was "travelling to my brother's wedding".
My plate was full. Due to my career as a wedding guest. But I rescheduled the jury duty-- across the void of time-- to "February 29. Leap Day". <<fuck 'Inception'. maybe this is turning-into a Groundhog Day sequel. 'Groundhog Day 2: Leap Day' >>

"Because what-else was I going to do on Leap Day, right?" It's a "bonus day".

I swear: jury duty is interesting..."I was worried I was going to be bored, so I brought a book"... the book is interesting... but I'm not going talk about that. Until "another time" (yeah, right). "I didn't get to read it".

Stop everything. I gotta talk about the way the light is fluctuating so my face is briefly overexposed for a moment. I'm not using all my quality video-making lighting & camera. I'm shooting this on my phone.

So. Anyway. Jury duty. The interesting thing I'm giving you a 'behind the scenes' report-on. The judge's instructions are that I can't tell you about it. ;addddddddddddddfkj;kgblaerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

help. I'm still trapped in here. layers within layers. like an onion. wrapped in an enigma. wrapped in an old copy of The Onion.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I am just going to drop this off, with no comment:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog, that was fucking brilliant.

:clap: :clap:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

JackSkeptic wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

Are you Autistic? (a serious question which may answer yours)
I am unsure that I am a complete Aspie so I would go for somewhat apparently, but not in all respects. I believe I have managed to pass as 'mostly normal' for most of my life though. There are some aspects I have never been able to bluff my way through though.

For example, on this test Reading the Mind in the Eyes Test (Revised, Adult) I scored 20. but according to the test:
An average score for this test is 26.2, or 21.9 for an adult with Asperger Syndrome or High-Functioning Autism
Anyway, after some study I have concluded that the above image is a trick. Most Westerners read from left to right so what they would see is a sequence 16, 06, 68, 88, ..., 98 and would try to find what sequence would fill the blank. Right?

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

rayshul wrote:Why do all these people look older than they actually are?
My hypothesis is that most of the causality is from appearance to ideology. Women who lose their attractiveness/sexual power rapidly are drawn to an ideology that minimizes the value of that loss, claims it's sexist to value female beauty, and is highly prone to misandry. As a data point, what the hell has happened to Laci Green? In just a few years she's gone from this:

http://newmediarockstars.com/wp-content ... eature.jpg

to this:

http://bluenationreview.com/wp-content/ ... iGreen.jpg

while her reasoning ability has declined even more precipitously.