Artist Permissions

This is for capturing content that might otherwise be disappeared, primarily Baboollie stuff, but not rigidly constrained...
Aneris

Artist Permissions

Post by Aneris »

Hello artists! Could you please each post what kind of permission you give for your art? I know you did that somewhere already, but one central place would be great. The reasons are people who use every trick in the book to prevent that the images can be shown. Here are some easy choices:
  • Fair Use: is allowed anyway, but you state again that you are totally okay when people use the art to document what's going on the Slymepit, or in context with the Slymepit.
  • Creative Commons: there are several versions. The basic one allowes remix and changes as long as the original creator is credited. You can also say you don't want non-commerical use only and such things, if important to you.
  • Kopyleft: the “I don't care, do whatever you want” declaration.
This shall be a kind of log. The first posting should cover all works up until now. Be as general or detailled as you like. For example, if you made some masterpiece and otherwise throwaway images, then simply state that everything is kopyleft except image 23, which you consider Creative Commons 3.0

Easy.

Aneris

Re: Artist Permissions

Post by Aneris »

I declare that all the images I edited and created are Kopyleft. If anything changes for future works, I will post exceptions here (this is as stated in the OP, I just want to illustrate the principle).

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

I'd just as soon not have any of my stuff on that crap Irrational Wiki site, so if you've added any of mine please take them off.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

I'm fine with any kind of use, as long as it's non-commercial (which shouldn't be an obstacle), and nothing is changed to my work. As far as I'm concerned, even SJWs can use it under these terms.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Hi. As my sig says, I claim no rights. The images are as much yours as they are mine.

However, if you try to claim authorship of the originals, you're a chump and the internet will find you out. Make some effort to create a derivative before calling it your own, even if you just flip the colors. Again, this is not a legal claim, just a friendly admonishment to do right.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Ape+lust wrote:Hi. As my sig says, I claim no rights. The images are as much yours as they are mine.

However, if you try to claim authorship of the originals, you're a chump and the internet will find you out. Make some effort to create a derivative before calling it your own, even if you just flip the colors. Again, this is not a legal claim, just a friendly admonishment to do right.
That would be Creative Commons (1) then. To be clear: they always should be used with context and naming the authors.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

This is getting a bit complicated :D

It wouldn't be CC1, because I don't request or expect attribution. CC0 would probably be the most compatible license.

HOWEVER...

I'm not a photographer, modeler, or painter. I make images by repurposing other people's stuff, and I've never asked permission to do so.

I'd be a jackass if I insisted on attaching licenses when I don't even know the copyright claims of the sources I've used.

So, it's simpler for me to just say: I make NO claims, do as you like. I add a few enumerations in my sig to hopefully convey that everything really is allowed.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

There's some images I did ages ago on the Baboonaplaza which are completely free for anyone to use how they like, no credit necessary. Some of my A+ ones ended up on Encyclopedia Dramatica, and there's little point in getting all prissy about it with them, so yeah - consider all my Pit stuff Kopyleft.