I am Lizz, I found Free speech? Gender banning questions

Double wank and shit chips
LizzzReptile

I am Lizz, I found Free speech? Gender banning questions

Post by LizzzReptile »

So yes the inevitable Sargon followers must be descending on your message board.
With the Twitter censorship that is due to follow soon, the collages banning gender terms, and the full on shut down of free speech that I for see in the future, I have been searching for places to openly discuss thoughts and ideas on actual free speech.

I am thick skinned and am used to GG talks. I do get my start from GG but mostly I come from anti SJW platforms that are all inclusive. I do not wish to live in an echo chamber.
I was working on my channel on youtube and I came across the idea that i wanted to run across you all.
The sjw's are banning gender terms in collages. These words are "un-inclusive" and must be STOPPED.
These words are ...wait for it.... he, she, mother, father, husband, wife...ect. If they use these words they can get a failing grade.
yes ...google the three words "banned gender terms" and you will see the articles i used in my little vblog.

I made a video on it where I actually came to the thought, they are trying to make everyone suffer and be oppressed than to stop oppression by doing this to the point that eventually with the domino affect, people could get fired from jobs to a really "double plus good idea of being jailed for such ideas if people do not do something about this soon. The question is what? What do we do about this? Bitching on the internet doesn't seem to be working.
To see the whole video...it is under 8 minutes long, look here ...i know i need a new mic, bare with me I am broke.
[youtube]iXUDz1xIj6Q[/youtube] (please go to the video as well and say what you wish to say to help with feed back if you can please)

I would love to hear all sides of this topic. But am too new to spilling my guts to get info without going out and asking directly to people to help me talk about these subjects.

_lizz

Steersman

Re: I am Lizz, I found Free speech? Gender banning questions

Post by Steersman »

LizzzReptile wrote:So yes the inevitable Sargon followers must be descending on your message board.
With the Twitter censorship that is due to follow soon, the collages banning gender terms, and the full on shut down of free speech that I for see in the future, I have been searching for places to openly discuss thoughts and ideas on actual free speech.

<snip>

I would love to hear all sides of this topic. But am too new to spilling my guts to get info without going out and asking directly to people to help me talk about these subjects.

_lizz
Welcome aboard; I hope you've received you obligatory greetings and welcome lynx? :-)

In any case, I quite agree with you, and I expect many here will do likewise, about the problems associated with policing language, particularly associated with gender - really kind of peeves me that Bruce Jenner gets the Woman of the Year award and, apparently, hasn't even had his reassignment surgergy. Talk about going down the rabbit-hole.

But haven't watched all of your video yet and will probably have to put it on the back-burner. However, I thought you might be interested in a case that we've been arguing about here for some time, but which has spilled over into some larger venues. And that was the Freethought blogger (what an oxymoron) Ophelia Benson who was subjected, by a bunch of transgender activists, to the purity test of having to answer the question, "do you believe that trans women are women, yes or no?" (I've argued for the compound term "transwoman".)

I see from the other thread that you seem to be familiar with FTB in general so maybe you're aware of the case so I won't elaborate much further on it. However, should you wish some further details, this post of mine here (Post #29385), and the related discussions, might fill in a few blanks, and provide a few starting points.

LizzzReptile

Post by LizzzReptile »

no one has told me to fuck off yet and no lynx quite yet. I expect a basket of cats any time.

You see I do not mind ONE additional term for the people who refuse to realize we are binary (just pick one!!!) or for those transitioning from one to the other for such words like he she .......I care not about the transitioning part of it. (they exist, cant stop them if you don't like it, and really doesn't affect EVERYONE'S speech in my opinion and if you don't want to call them he or she then don't ie freedom of speech) It is the removal of it for everyone else in the planet. So I fear eventually it will be that no one can be called he or she. To be called a man will be an insult and to even be called cis will be an insult if this keeps up. When you can watch the video you will see what I am getting at fully... I tend to fail my points in type...damn dyslexia. I compare it to the word gay. Gay used to not be a bad word, it was made a bad word by restricting it and people then abusing it. Imagine a world where people yell out of the car MAN at you when you walk down the street as an insult. Or woman...or BOY.....ect ect.
This is what I fear the world is going to come to....most of the populace will be oppressed then for having a gender.
I will see if I have anything to add to the other post.

x_?_x

Post by x_?_x »

LizzzReptile wrote:no one has told me to fuck off yet and no lynx quite yet. I expect a basket of cats any time.

You see I do not mind ONE additional term for the people who refuse to realize we are binary (just pick one!!!) or for those transitioning from one to the other for such words like he she .......I care not about the transitioning part of it. (they exist, cant stop them if you don't like it, and really doesn't affect EVERYONE'S speech in my opinion and if you don't want to call them he or she then don't ie freedom of speech) It is the removal of it for everyone else in the planet. So I fear eventually it will be that no one can be called he or she. To be called a man will be an insult and to even be called cis will be an insult if this keeps up. When you can watch the video you will see what I am getting at fully... I tend to fail my points in type...damn dyslexia. I compare it to the word gay. Gay used to not be a bad word, it was made a bad word by restricting it and people then abusing it. Imagine a world where people yell out of the car MAN at you when you walk down the street as an insult. Or woman...or BOY.....ect ect.
This is what I fear the world is going to come to....most of the populace will be oppressed then for having a gender.
I will see if I have anything to add to the other post.
The reason for the lynx is dead, so you get stuffed lynx. If I could remember who first thought of this, I'd gladly credit them.

http://i52.tinypic.com/o0yvpe.jpg

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

LizzzReptile wrote:no one has told me to fuck off yet and no lynx quite yet. I expect a basket of cats any time.
You don't get your obligatory basket of lynx and "fuck off" unless you say hello in the undead thread.
The current one is here:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=472

Most pitters rarely leave it.

Fuck off.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

OK. My thoughts on the video.

Excellent job for a first time run through on a budget. Go ahead and upload it.

OK. Now to nit pick for improvement. Keep in mind that many of the better youtubers started off pretty rough, so don't assume you have to become great overnight. Step by step small improvements.

Excellent length for the video. It is enough time to say what you needed to say, without turning it into a Steermanish wall of video. Very good with pacing and body language/animation. Plain spoken. Easy to digest.

Lighting: The strong, direct under lighting is casting bad shadow, washing out your mug, and generally giving you a bad case of scary flashlight face.
http://i.imgur.com/Y6Zg1X7.jpg

You might want to consider making a few soft boxes. 2-4 sofbox lighting sources aimed at your face from different directions (including 1 under) will kill off those shadowns and harsh wash out.
http://www.diyphotography.net/studio_li ... the_world/

Or at least use something with a lamp shade.

Onto the sourcing. You claimed that colleges are banning gendered words. Unless someone has already read that information from a source they trust, they might have difficultly believing you. The gender-wars are chalked full of people who lie, misrepresent and take things out of context. So proving your case becomes even more important to seperate yourself from someone who has some really interesting information to share, from those who are just ranting online. And a screenshot of inforwars.com isn't going to cut it. Most people will not take that as a credible source. Try for a mainstream news wewbsite. Or maybe upload a school document stating what is being mandated. If people cannot verify your claims easily, it will be like water off a duck. infowars kind of says "hey, I'm a tin-foil-hat wearing crank!"

Noelplum99 does an excellent job of providing links to his sources so people can verify it themselves, and make sure it is not being taken out of context.
https://www.youtube.com/user/noelplum99

Karen Straughn's earlier rebuttals also was well documented.
https://www.youtube.com/user/girlwrites ... &flow=grid

Onto your argument. You didn't really name specifics, however I do recall one that made the news where people had points potentially taken away if they used gendered words while taking a feminist course. Is that any worse than my Spanish teacher insisting I only speak Spanish in his or her class? Then again, what if you want to quote something that has gendered words in it? Either you lose grade points or you have to make the quote inaccurate. What if a Science Fiction writing class insisted you use only non-genders words? That wouldn't fly for most people. What if we go to another extreme, and a world religion teach insisted everyone say "peace be upon him" every time you say or write Mohammed? I don't think many will care that the Student Union government opted to self impose silly language rules just on themselves. Context matters, but you really glossed over it. So are there cases that you have proof of, and can provide full context for? Use specific real-world examples with links to documentation & proof.

Oh, and at the tail end, where you said "I'm not editing this. I'm weird. Ahhaaahhhaaahh. <<monkey-shine>>" Yes, you should have chopped that bit off. You want to separate yourself from they many tin-foil hat nutters, and that bit really hurt your credibility.

Nice intro music & graphics. I also like your uneven split-screen with levels.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

LizzzReptile wrote:So yes the inevitable Sargon followers must be descending on your message board.

I am thick skinned and am used to GG talks. I do get my start from GG but mostly I come from anti SJW platforms that are all inclusive. I do not wish to live in an echo chamber.
I was working on my channel on youtube and I came across the idea that i wanted to run across you all.
The sjw's are banning gender terms in collages. These words are "un-inclusive" and must be STOPPED.
These words are ...wait for it.... he, she, mother, father, husband, wife...ect. If they use these words they can get a failing grade.
yes ...google the three words "banned gender terms" and you will see the articles i used in my little vblog.

I made a video on it where I actually came to the thought, they are trying to make everyone suffer and be oppressed than to stop oppression by doing this to the point that eventually with the domino affect, people could get fired from jobs to a really "double plus good idea of being jailed for such ideas if people do not do something about this soon. The question is what? What do we do about this? Bitching on the internet doesn't seem to be working.
To see the whole video...it is under 8 minutes long, look here ...i know i need a new mic, bare with me I am broke.
[youtube]iXUDz1xIj6Q[/youtube] (please go to the video as well and say what you wish to say to help with feed back if you can please)

_lizz
Welcome! Lynx below.

I agree that, if we are to add another set of gender pronouns, there should be just one extra. All the rest is sheer insanity.

FYI, feel free to open a new discussion topic whenever you like. But, for reasons of habit, nearly all discussion takes place on the Undead Thread. So at least post a link over there.
basket_o_lynx.jpg
(148.14 KiB) Downloaded 161 times

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Hullo! I think there's some literary book isn't there which talks about the reduction of language, where you remove words so that everything loses its meaning.

LizzzReptile

Post by LizzzReptile »

This has all been very helpful output guys. I will be formulating a more proper response to all this but I spent the day with the kids at a fair so I cannot adult right now. Keep the input going, even they critical is SOOO helpful. I really enjoy the open dialog.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

I like the points you made in the video and would second deLurch's constructive comments above.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

rayshul wrote:Hullo! I think there's some literary book isn't there which talks about the reduction of language, where you remove words so that everything loses its meaning.
Nineteen-eighty-something?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

rayshul wrote:Hullo! I think there's some literary book isn't there which talks about the reduction of language, where you remove words so that everything loses its meaning.

baroquesmguy

Post by baroquesmguy »

I have a gender neutral third person personal pronoun incorporating elements from she, he and it.

A scatalogical obstacles to overcome but I think my gender free pronoun will eventually be accepted.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

baroquesmguy wrote:I have a gender neutral third person personal pronoun incorporating elements from she, he and it.

A scatalogical obstacles to overcome but I think my gender free pronoun will eventually be accepted.
You'll feel at home here, then, as our John Greg introduced the use of that pronoun some time ago!

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

S/h/it is as s/h/it does.

Or is it a box of choclates?

Matt, thanks but I don't think I introduced it. I cannot remember who did, but I am pretty sure it wasn't me.

Nonetheless, it is indeed my favourite pronoun for the pronoun-sensitive.

baroquesmguy

Post by baroquesmguy »

haha!

I am a noob. From Adelaide, South Australia and yeah, I saw the live stream with Sargon. I thought to myself: "Now there's a bunch of rogues and scoundrels I can relate to ....."

And I am here.
Pass the beer.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

baroquesmguy wrote:
I am a noob. From Adelaide, South Australia and yeah,
The first sentence is redundant, given your second sentence. This place is turning into Blinky Bill's Fan Boi Appreciation Society.

Has anyone told you to fuck off yet?