Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: Apparently not all revolutions require AR15s, bumpstocks and high(er than standard) capacity magazines.

I'd bump some of those stocks.

Sounds like East Sydney's inmates have more yard privileges than West siders? You all are still on your 5km leashes, though, and I see the GesundheitStaatsPolizei are out in force checking papers.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavir ... f0ee8bce21

Let us know when the Tanga Revolution finally succeeds in toppling the regime.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

screwtape wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:41 am
Keating wrote: Just your own eggs to scoop up
I've already assaulted the 'pit's collective sensibilities with one poop-talk, I don't think Fascist Tit would tolerate number two.
FT is more tolerant than you suggest. But you remind me of something that came up (figure of speech) at the dinner table the other day. My 31 year old son had no idea what I was talking about when I asked if anyone present remembered when dog turds were sometimes pure white? Whole generations now exist that have never enjoyed white dog turds! And for you kiddies who also don't know what I'm talking about, they result from feeding a dog a diet including lots of bones. The beagle I had as a kid was fond of the occasional bone and would sometimes produce transitional turds that looked like some kind of death by chocolate dessert, half white and half brown. This was long before anyone had invented the idea of scooping the poop, and a white crumbly turd, resembling the chalk of the Marlborough Downs upon which we lived, could be examined over several days on the walk to the primary school. They grew some specific kind of mould with spores on the end of quite long stalks. A species of mould that may have gone extinct since dogs are now vegetarians eating their Soylent Brown kibble.

Carry on. That's enough scatology for now.
I remember walking to school, early 80's, chatting to girl next door, beautiful weather, lazy pace. Getting along famously, turned corner to see a dog mid-shit. It was pushing out what could only be described as a plastic carrier bag (or shreds of one) mixed through a massive deep-brown turd. The dog, a scabby looking little mongrel, had a friend in tow that was happily sniffing and licking the hybrid turd/bag as it eased its way out of the other dogs arse. The entire scene was like a doggie parody of natural birth complete with an eager birthing-partner.

Girl next door instantly turned green, started gulping and wheezing then proceeded to blow her breakfast all over the floor.

Must admit, I am slightly haunted by the memories...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

My dog Jack learned quickly that if you licked a goat's butt, it would poop. Goats were walking Pez dispensers for him.

Then there was my cat Tess who my mom nicknamed "Ribbon Butt." Shortly after one Christmas, cat had a length of green wrapping ribbon sticking out the aft porthole that she couldn't pass. My mom stepped on the end of the ribbon and the cat took off running. Mission Accomplished.

So glad the Pit is back to the one topic we can all agree on.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Hmmm. Haven't read all the hundreds of pages in the grant docs, but the Intercept web page doesn't mention Fauci at all, unless my security add-ons are blocking his name.
However, here is a story that claims to present the smoking gun in Fauci's hand.

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/smokin ... uci-china/
"interesting" - but "not very funny" as Laugh-In's Arte Johnson used to say. See that he died a couple of years ago at the fairly respectable age of 90. RIP Arte.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/03/arts ... -dead.html

Although there is some reason to at least crack a smile about the Spectator article:
But that would contradict [Fauci's] own theory, which he stands by in the face of mounting evidence, that a bat simply flew into a bowl of soup, resulting in 15 million deaths.
But I wonder - assuming that anybody was actually engaged in, knew about, or financed the supposed "gain-of-function research (the manipulation of protein spikes in natural-born viruses to increase transmissibility in humans)" that supposedly took place at the Wuhan lab - what reasons they would have for doing that. A need and plan to "cull the herd"? Or just simply a desire or need to understand what it is that makes a virus or bacterium more "transmissible"? While there may be a limited justification for the former, the latter seems rather more justifiable - forewarned, know thy enemy and all that.

But seems that many people don't fully realize the downsides of our technologies - often a two-edged sword whose uses and consequences we don't fully understand until the genie has been let out of the bottle, intentionally or inadvertently. Often think that the Sorcerer's Apprentice is an apt summary - a fairly durable theme going back at least several hundred years:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sorce ... Apprentice

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote: I love how they somehow associated this with Christchurch. The media at work.
In the US, everything must be connected back to the Tulsa Race Riot Massacre Holocaust.
Frontline is a PBS show I used to enjoy. They had a 911 episode which was supposed to discuss how things changed since 9-1-1. In the first minute they tied the 9-1-1 attack to the retarded Jan 6th "insurrection" on the Capitol building. I screamed at the TV and turned it off. Then my wife told me that I am a bitch and she can't stand to watch TV with me. Haha. Just fuck off!
:) I can sympathize though the ex and I aren't often in that situation - partly the reason for that status.

Reminds me though of someone saying that old married couples often hold hands because they both realize that that is one less hand available to stab each other in the back with.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Yeah, I mentioned that retraction earlier, but Doggo came up with some snide BS. That's before he went on ignore, BTW.
Don't fool yourself Lsuoma. Don't re-write your memory, to bury the truth. And DON'T LIE ABOUT IT to others.

<snippety do dah ...>

Lsuoma's outbursts against me are false. I think they reflect poorly on Lsuoma.
:) Not that you're obsessive-compulsive or anything like that ... ;)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

This afternoon, in honor of 9/11, I took revenge for Pearl Harbor on a Jap's pussy.

Half an hour earlier I saw an FDNY firefighter in dress uniform & gave him a quick not-at-all-regulation-looking salute. He said 'Thank you'. That salute is my go-to greeting these days-- for old Puerto Rican men who sit on milk crates on the sidewalk, and homeless guys I see every day, and low-tier drug dealers who show-up for work on time at dawn on the corner... and don't leave until the night guy comes at dusk. It makes people happy.

Half an hour earlier I was at the fish market & didn't-even realize it was 9/11. But it's a beautiful clear cool summer-is-ending day, just like 9/11/2001. A type of weather I called '9/11 weather' for years. It was beautiful weather that morning... & then the city was dead-quiet in shock for weeks after-- with a distinct charred smell. Oh Shit-- maybe it was 9/11/twenty-eleven-- I almost-forgot!.... there was this guy in a suit & tie bicycling-around & I don't know what he did to that suit... but he reeked of the 9/11 burnt smell when he rode past. If I had remembered that... I woulda tried to copy it today. It was remarkable.

All day yesterday I worked for a up-&-coming fashion label which blends Holly Hobby/Strawberry Shortcake retro modesty-- with frumpy Orthodox Jewish grandma-wear, with adult diaper fetishist autism, with inherited wealth. The fashion show was at an goofy-themed ice-cream parlor... left-over from the coked-out 1970s which brought you Sigfried & Roy, Miss Piggy, magician Doug Henning, and The Gong Show. It was Andy Warhol's favorite place, so he decorated the menus and is forever-associated with their vibe. It's perfect for this fashion label, because it's where cliched-Jewish American Princesses like to go for their birthdays-- ages 11 to 25. OF COURSE Kamala's step-daughter was in attendence, with her Secret Service & her greasy hair. I got some gossip that her modelling fee is $200,000. Hunter Biden Hennessey Prices, my nigga. Other models were RuPaul Drag Race contestants & chicks from SNL & one old-showgirl model who was just-happy-to-get-called... who I actually respect for being such a lifer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veronica_Webb . I happened to be stationed next-to building's security-camera monitors-- and the only thing which kept me from staring at the creeper-cam in the model dressing area... was having to look really-close at the screen to know Which Models Have Penises... until it was Too Late To Unsee. My insane beyond-rightwing conspiracy theorist friend is convinced that Biden's "6-point' Covid plan is a Star Of David reference... so I can't tell him about the Transgender Jewish Clownwear fashion show... without breaking his brain.

As I posted earlier-- the days before-that I was working with an LA-based label which provides gothic-looking silver jewelry & custom black leather for Cher, Billy Idol, etc. And they're really good people. Their business model seems to be based-on being the only non-fake people in their customers' lives... who will be their after the fame has died-down, or divorce, rehab, wildfires, etc. That 'Mayhem' actor from the insurance commercials was in attendence... sort of the avatar of the brand/ and it's good to see they still are tight with him now that those commercials are a few years gone. But the brand's current image is Waster-Richkid-WhiteboyWantingToBeGhetto... which might have a short, terminal shelf-life. I guess they can return to the classic verison, later.

I have-- for the 1st time-- a new feeling of disconnect from all the fashion frivolity. No matter how grotesque and Sasha-Baron-Cohen it got... in the past, I could always think of Fellini's 'La Dolce Vita'... depicting Italy barely a decade after WW2, vibrant but still stunted... and feel-like there was some humanity in the hubris & fluff. But this year I was only 10% grateful to ride the ride & 90% sick-of too long at the amusement park. Too much cotton candy & corndogs. Time to barf.

20 years ago on 9/11 I watched the towers fall & snuck-down to ground zero throbbing with heat & didn't-yet-know I was at the halfway-point of my quarter-century of life with my ex. 20 years ago "New York" was a cultural icon which seemed eternal-- but the last 2 decades have depleted that golden-goose. Beyond repair? Probably not. but Old New York has taken a hit like a Nursing Home Under Covid. So a new version will have to emerge-- but I read somewhere that there was Never a single 'classic' era when NYC held-still & wasn't-changing. And all-that might apply to the USA, too. The only solace I take in risky demographic changes like Mexican-border & Afghanistan... is that we kinda Deserve whatever punishment we bring-upon ourselves... with our brain-dead boomer missteps.

If I last 10 more years, I'll be old. In 10 or 20 years... I wonder how-much of our current reality will still-exist.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Yep, I definitely remember white dogs' eggs.

John D

Post by John D »

I found this very entertaining. School board meeting IN FLAMES!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Governments aren’t known for flexible proaction.

They have four buttons to pound re the 🦠

🟩 Go fortress mode and keep it out.
🟥 Ignore the virus and let it burn.
🟧 Lockdown and make it go away. Then revert to 🟩
🟨 Lockdown, maxvax and reopen with various degrees of aggression (UK) or timidity (NSW).

The police BS was all about giving 🟧 a shot
Current carrot and stick is about manoeuvring to get 🟨 to look as little like 🟥 as possible.
2 reactions:

I don't see anything in your colors-- requiring a govt to lie & pretend the color-of-the-day is the Only Option, demonizing & criminalizing saying-otherwise.

AND
____
The endgame has to be 🟥 , or else the govt will play expensive 3 Card Monty with the other colors far-beyond any need, due to corrupt incentives.

Fauci's decades as the czar of NIAID funding is an immense example. When Obama banned gain of function research, Fauci & Peter Daszak created loopholes to keep the military/industrial DOD money flowing. When Trump tried to streamline the bloat, they leaked attacks on in him in the press, sewing panic that Trump was putting everyone at pandemic-risk.

The only way-out is to fire the deadbeats & outlast their 🟥 ! 🟥 ! 🟥! 🟥 ! 🟥 ! doomsaying.

"The Global Health Security and Biodefense unit — responsible for pandemic preparedness — was established in 2015 by Barack Obama’s National Security Advisor, Susan Rice ( here ). The unit resided under the National Security Council (NSC) — a forum of White House personnel that advises the president on national security and foreign policy matters.

In May 2018, the team was disbanded and its head Timothy Ziemer, top White House official in the NSC for leading U.S. response against a pandemic, left the Trump administration, the Washington Post reported ( here ). Some members of the global health and security team were merged into other units within the NSC, the article said.

The reorganization followed John Bolton’s appointment as national security advisor, and the departure of Tom Bossert, the homeland security advisor who the Post wrote “had called for a comprehensive biodefense strategy against pandemics and biological attacks.”
🟥 isn’t an end game. It’s a non-game.

🟨 is a 🟥 transposed into a more benign environment. Assuming vaccines aren’t growing you a third head.

America is a land of extremes. A land of BLM and this ⤵️

I hesitate to embrace advice flowing from such a fountainhead.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Bhurzum wrote: Girl next door instantly turned green, started gulping and wheezing then proceeded to blow her breakfast all over the floor.
You might just be the most romantic person I have met in years. Probably a good thing there's an ocean between us.

My theory is this: the more the Pit resembles alt.tasteless, the better we shall all get on.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Apparently not all revolutions require AR15s, bumpstocks and high(er than standard) capacity magazines.

I'd bump some of those stocks.

Sounds like East Sydney's inmates have more yard privileges than West siders? You all are still on your 5km leashes, though, and I see the GesundheitStaatsPolizei are out in force checking papers.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavir ... f0ee8bce21

Let us know when the Tanga Revolution finally succeeds in toppling the regime.
The 5KM rule only kicks in outside your LGA.

Recent events make ‘regime change’ a suspect KPI. Though there will be a federal election next year …

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote: America is a land of extremes. A land of BLM and this ⤵️

I see a video clip of the US Army academy's football team entering the field carrying American flags on the 20th Anniversary of 9/11.
I don't think it serves as a potent example of the point you are trying to make.

I think highly of you, Brive. You're always the first pitter who Parody Accountant asks-me about... "Does Brive still post? How's he doing?" I tell him you're fighting the good fight on nutrition & going-strong in-general.

But ever-since Australia's lockdown caught everyone's attention-- it seems like you'd rather whine about Americans & American-ism/ than let me agree with you.

It seems to me-- that a group of people could

~~Either: organize itself around "Democracy"-- elect leaders then defer to those leaders' decisons: swift & efficient.

~~Or: organize around Rights Of The Minority... blunting Majority Rule/ but preserving Individual Autonomy.

Australia leans toward the former culturally & politically, & the U.S. leans toward the latter. Australia's way has undeniable advantages... but also disadvantages. And the US emphasis is on avoiding those disadvantages (at the cost of losing the advantages.)

What part of that summary bothers you? Surely it's better than just namecalling you pussies, weak, cucks, bootlickers, etc.

I like the US way better.

But I don't think a monoculture of the US-way is a good fit... for people who'd rather live the Australia way.

So... enjoy your own house & don't worry about whether I like the color you painted it.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Bhurzum wrote: Girl next door instantly turned green, started gulping and wheezing then proceeded to blow her breakfast all over the floor.

Did you get the date?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I was told that this explained Aussie culture & the Wuhan Flu response :

A nation of criminals and their keepers. I suspect I understand the position that @clairlemon
took a bit better now.

(They have always been that way. We just never realized it till now)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Keating wrote:

Did you get the date?
Nah, she was just a mate.

Besides, with her gag reflex, I don't think she'd have been much cop...

Keating

Post by Keating »

I meant the plastic eating dog…

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Keating wrote: I meant the plastic eating dog…
That would be punching well above my weight, I'm not Richard Carrier!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote:
Service Dog wrote: ...Don't re-write your memory, to bury the truth. And DON'T LIE ABOUT IT to others.
When zou3gou3 returned to the pit-- after years without posting-- Lsuoma specifically told him I am 1.) a troll & 2.) I should be 'ignore user'-ed. With only LIES as a basis. I gave proof Lsuoma was lying.

I did the same thing-- when you returned to the pit, Steers, and believed Lsuoma's 'Conspiracy Show' lies against me.

If others arrive & Lsuoma again-attempts to influence their opinion of me-- using lies-- I'll correct the record again.

Does that make me 'obsessive-compulsive' or am I merely reacting to Lsuoma's (obsessive? compulsive?) lies.

__

I think the actual reason Lsuoma has a Derangement Syndrome toward-me is...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

...this:
Lsuoma wrote: Please don't include me in the "Left".
...conflicts with Lsuoma's embrace of MMT-- an economic scheme embraced by devout communists such as Bill Mitchell & Commie Lite types, such as KiwiInOz.

Unable to reconcile his concept-of-self with his actual bedfellows, Lsuoma grew furious at me for pointing-out the discrepancy.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I walk past this each day & smile.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: America is a land of extremes. A land of BLM and this ⤵️

I see a video clip of the US Army academy's football team entering the field carrying American flags on the 20th Anniversary of 9/11.
I don't think it serves as a potent example of the point you are trying to make.

I think highly of you, Brive. You're always the first pitter who Parody Accountant asks-me about... "Does Brive still post? How's he doing?" I tell him you're fighting the good fight on nutrition & going-strong in-general.

But ever-since Australia's lockdown caught everyone's attention-- it seems like you'd rather whine about Americans & American-ism/ than let me agree with you.

It seems to me-- that a group of people could

~~Either: organize itself around "Democracy"-- elect leaders then defer to those leaders' decisons: swift & efficient.

~~Or: organize around Rights Of The Minority... blunting Majority Rule/ but preserving Individual Autonomy.

Australia leans toward the former culturally & politically, & the U.S. leans toward the latter. Australia's way has undeniable advantages... but also disadvantages. And the US emphasis is on avoiding those disadvantages (at the cost of losing the advantages.)

What part of that summary bothers you? Surely it's better than just namecalling you pussies, weak, cucks, bootlickers, etc.

I like the US way better.

But I don't think a monoculture of the US-way is a good fit... for people who'd rather live the Australia way.

So... enjoy your own house & don't worry about whether I like the color you painted it.
Thank you for your kind words. And pass my best onto PA.

To be honest, I’m not trying to win an argument here. And I’m not bagging America as a whole (though I think the concept and metaphor of 🇺🇸 is more powerful than its RL expression).

The USA is larger than life, endlessly interesting and the world would be less colourful without it. Further, the USA forms an intriguing chunk of the essential “West”. There’s the UK. There’s the flavours of Western continental Europe. There’s the civilised Commonwealth. And there’s the States. After that its “the rest” of the planet. IMHO.

And each of these Western cultures is (or was 😐) unique and wonderfully weird. Clearly I’m no fan of global and woke-liberal forces which reduce National character to an oxymoronic homogeneous rainbow mix.

No. Speaking in cultural generalisations, the French are passionately insane. The Italians are chaotic but good natured manics. The Scandinavians are coldly autistic but blonde, so they are forgiven. The British are resignedly repressed, Australians are convinced they are larrikin products of the ‘lucky country’, here defined without black irony.

And as with the expanding universe, our frame of reference is fixed, everyone else seems to be flying off in their own odd direction, away from our “normal” baseline.

The Americans, in this context, appear bipolar, with a tendency to drift to the extremes. Their country exudes the unconscious arrogance of collective manifest destiny - "a sense of mission to redeem the Old World by high example … generated by the potentialities of a new earth for building a new heaven". They wear their patriotic heart on their sleeves, they unironically run around with flags and view the rest of the world, when it’s noticed at all, as a mirror which confirms an essential national superiority. But they also paradoxically venerate the stoic individual. Everyone hopes they would be a “Shane” wielding their six shooter to enact necessary justice against the “big something” threatening the lone homesteader. They love their country but fear their government and institutions. Go figure. It’s wonderfully complex and enigmatic. It very un-Australian, but for the States – I wouldn’t have it any other way. Ie it has no resonance or impact outside your cultural context where it quite rightly reigns supreme.

But I believe Americans (in common with many of us) use this prism to judge / understand the rest of the world. And this is when there’s a risk of appearing ignorant / uneducated. It’s the lack of qualifiers, the apparent belief that an objective standard is applicable - and from this an understanding of other cultures can be gained, and worse yet, a judgement made.

I’ve always said that the States looks odd “by the standards of other countries”. Apparently such nuance is not always reciprocated. Not so much by yourself, but by others in the forum (Matt et al).

COVID could have been an interesting cultural teachable moment for us all. the virus has revealed different cultural responses which deserve considered appreciations. It has also highlighted blinkered thinking ingrained by national parochialism.

I’m disappointed my limited efforts to show the more complicated currents driving decision making here has merely resulted in a conclusion Australians are “pussies”, or ‘inmates and gaolers’. Simple ignorance is never pretty.

But if the starting premise is that the vaccine is a poison wielded as a club by ZOG-lite to enslave the population … then I guess nuance will always be elusive. It’s a heartbeat away from the thought processes that underpin past conspiracy theories. It also rejects the truism that in history incompetence/tactical opportunism always trumps cunning planning. And that in democratic politics nothing is done without an eye fixed on the next election.

But my complaint (such as it is) isn’t directed specifically at you, even if I might disagree with some of your explanations. You at least appear to be considering the differing frameworks in play.

Meanwhile, I’ve managed to maintain my low 24 BMI, I’ve kept my weight to the 68-69kg range (about a 25% drop), I also get my 14K steps in a day and continue to eat steak rejecting all vegetables. Oddly, I’ve enticed 1100 Twitter hanger-ons (to date) while I berate vegans and those who reject the obvious low-fat conspiracy enacted by Ancel Keys. 😉

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Brive1987 wrote: <snip> Oddly, I’ve enticed 1100 Twitter hanger-ons (to date) while I berate vegans and those who reject the obvious low-fat conspiracy enacted by Ancel Keys. 😉<snip>
A very interesting post, Brive, and criminal though it may be to lock onto your closing words so that I can shit-post, I'm afraid I'm going to do exactly that!

If you ever get into a heated debate with a vegan, simply post this. It's guaranteed to rustle their jimmies big time!

(from 01:50, it's a lethal burn!)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Steersman wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Yeah, I mentioned that retraction earlier, but Doggo came up with some snide BS. That's before he went on ignore, BTW.
Don't fool yourself Lsuoma. Don't re-write your memory, to bury the truth. And DON'T LIE ABOUT IT to others.

<snippety do dah ...>

Lsuoma's outbursts against me are false. I think they reflect poorly on Lsuoma.
S'okay - I only ever see his stupidities when somebody quotes 'em.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote:
Keating wrote:

Did you get the date?
Nah, she was just a mate.

Besides, with her gag reflex, I don't think she'd have been much cop...
Oh, come on Mr Pepperami, even she would have been able to cope with you.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: Oh, come on Mr Pepperami, even she would have been able to cope with you.
You misunderstand - it's not the size, it's the reek of rancid cheese, cack and congealed hooker blood she'd struggle with.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Apparently it's now illegal to get an abortion in Texas.

Unless you are a Satanist. Though this may depend on the outcome of the court case.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Oh, come on Mr Pepperami, even she would have been able to cope with you.
You misunderstand - it's not the size, it's the reek of rancid cheese, cack and congealed hooker blood she'd struggle with.
https://www.gumbercules.com/Images/Lovethispost.jpg

Fegg

Post by Fegg »

MarcusAu wrote: Apparently it's now illegal to get an abortion in Texas.
What they really should have done was to make it a hate crime to disproportionately about fetuses of minority races or ethnicities. Abortionists should be required to keep data over the year and then should be charged with un-mutuality if there is statistical near certainty that the excess number of Blacktm abortions are the result of systemic racism.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: No. Speaking in cultural generalisations, the French are passionately insane. The Italians are chaotic but good natured manics. The Scandinavians are coldly autistic but blonde, so they are forgiven. The British are resignedly repressed, Australians are convinced they are larrikin products of the ‘lucky country’, here defined without black irony.
Reminds of the old joke about the difference between Heaven and Hell.

Both are eternal, lavish dinner parties. In Heaven:
- The English are the hosts
- The French make the food
- The Italians provide the entertainment
- and the Germans organize the whole thing.

In Hell:
- The French are the hosts
- The English make the food
- The Germans provide the entertainment
- and the Italian organize the whole thing.

There was another old joke about the differences in the legal systems of the US, Germany, Italy and USSR. But it's not funny anymore cuz the punchline is, 'none.'

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Fegg wrote:
What they really should have done was to make it a hate crime to disproportionately about fetuses of minority races or ethnicities. Abortionists should be required to keep data over the year and then should be charged with un-mutuality if there is statistical near certainty that the excess number of Blacktm abortions are the result of systemic racism.
They seem to be a fairly independently minded lot in Texas, so are unlikely to take advise no matter how well intentioned...

...especially when it comes from Canadians.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Bhurzum wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:54 am
erm ... TMI IMO

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Roe v. Wade's days are numbered. Honestly, it's based on an atrociously bad legal argument. It's an untethered extrapolation of Griswold v. Connecticut (1965), which itself is grounded on an extrapolation: that a right to privacy can be inferred from several Constitutional amendments. (FYI, Griswold struck down a ban on the sale of contraceptives.)

The other key argument: the woman's pregnant person's right to privacy is countered-balanced by the state's interest in protecting the 'potential' person's life clump of cells' continued parasitic existence. The arbitrary tipping point from the one to the other was marked by Roe at the end of the first trimester (NB: earlier than many of the state laws adamantly opposed by pro-choice activists), then at 'viability' in the follow-up ruling, Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992). As neither of those demarcations were based on anything other than feelz, it's hard to come up with a constitutional argument against a 'heartbeat' demarcation.

Roe's defenders are a little hamstrung at the moment, as the Venn diagram of them and vax mandate supporters is a near complete overlap, and all their slogans and arguments also obtain for vax-mandate opponents.

If Roe is repealed, the whole question gets shifted back to the several states. Now, Congress could pass a law protecting abortion nationwide. But the Dems don't currently have the votes and, more importantly, some future Congress could just pass another law banning abortion nationwide. So they've been desperately sandbagging this dogshit ruling for 48 years.

My personal view most closely aligns with the result of PP v. Casey, but I'd welcome a clearing of the decks, cuz the status quo is inherently unstable and untenable.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:34 pm
If Roe is repealed, the whole question gets shifted back to the several states. Now, Congress could pass a law protecting abortion nationwide. But the Dems don't currently have the votes and, more importantly, some future Congress could just pass another law banning abortion nationwide. So they've been desperately sandbagging this dogshit ruling for 48 years.
If they did have the votes, they'd be nuts to do it. Roe vs Wade being "under threat" is a rallying cry. Settle it conclusively and one of their standard topics for hysteria flies out the window. The only thing worse for them would be if African Americans managed to hold their families together, escape from welfare, and stopped committing so much violent crime. That's why the smart move for them is to only ban guns that have negligible impact on the murder/mass shooting rate. The best solutions are the ones that make it feel like you are doing something, generate opposition you can organize around overcoming, and ideally make the underlying problem worse you can then use to justify going around the loop again. Roe vs Wade is waaaaaaay better for them than a constitutional amendment or anything as clear cut and final as that.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Fegg wrote: What they really should have done was to make it a hate crime to disproportionately about fetuses of minority races or ethnicities. Abortionists should be required to keep data over the year and then should be charged with un-mutuality if there is statistical near certainty that the excess number of Blacktm abortions are the result of systemic racism.
It doesn't work like that. Try arguing that vaccine passports are racist for the same reason and see how for you don't get. Those arguments are made because they are rhetorically convenient in the moment in order to move things in a preferred direction, not because a consistent world view is being articulated. Why are gender and sex a fluid thing that is like "what ever you define it to be", but race is policed and trans-racialism isn't exactly being championed? The argument is with Marxists, power hungry sociopaths, and perverts who are trying normalize orgies. These are not reasonable people.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bhurzum wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: <snip> Oddly, I’ve enticed 1100 Twitter hanger-ons (to date) while I berate vegans and those who reject the obvious low-fat conspiracy enacted by Ancel Keys. 😉<snip>
A very interesting post, Brive, and criminal though it may be to lock onto your closing words so that I can shit-post, I'm afraid I'm going to do exactly that!

If you ever get into a heated debate with a vegan, simply post this. It's guaranteed to rustle their jimmies big time!

(from 01:50, it's a lethal burn!)
Nice intent. 👍 Needs work on the execution.

A bloody t-bone would have been an improvement on his beef-hidden-inside-refined-flour parcel. 🤷‍♂️

But “A” for effort.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
You sure do put the 'shit' in 'shit-post'.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fafnir wrote: If they did have the votes, they'd be nuts to do it. Roe vs Wade being "under threat" is a rallying cry. Settle it conclusively and one of their standard topics for hysteria flies out the window. The only thing worse for them would be if African Americans managed to hold their families together, escape from welfare, and stopped committing so much violent crime. That's why the smart move for them is to only ban guns that have negligible impact on the murder/mass shooting rate. The best solutions are the ones that make it feel like you are doing something, generate opposition you can organize around overcoming, and ideally make the underlying problem worse you can then use to justify going around the loop again. Roe vs Wade is waaaaaaay better for them than a constitutional amendment or anything as clear cut and final as that.
Definitely what they've been doing all this time. But they played that game a bit too long, and now are soiling their pants cuz the other side has decided to stop playing that same game and, exploiting a conservative Supreme Court, actually try for the win.

Most Americans consider themselves 'pro-life', but also believe abortion should be a personal choice and legal in certain circumstances. The Left picked a needless fight, the false dichotomy between two fringe minority positions: no restrictions whatsoever vs. severe or complete bans. They also acted -- and still act -- as if 'Choice' were the preeminent or sole issue.

They've bolloxed the climate change debate in similar fashion, and that will be the next lefty bastion to fall.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: A bloody t-bone would have been an improvement on his beef-hidden-inside-refined-flour parcel. 🤷‍♂️
Wish I'd kept one of those flattened, desiccated bunny rabbits or field mice I used to find sandwiched between flakes of hay.

The world can't be fed from rooftop gardens in Brooklyn.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"The health minister went on to acknowledge that the system wasn’t even being enforced in most venues."

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/hot ... t-coercion

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

zou3gou3 wrote: With regard to covid hospitalisations, some medical facilities are publishing graphics of bed usage by CV19 patients. Note the ratio vax/unvax.

Our Most Reliable Pandemic Number Is Losing Meaning
A new study suggests that almost half of those hospitalized with COVID-19 have mild or asymptomatic cases.

By David Zweig

.... in the hospital for something unrelated to COVID, and discovered that they were infected only because they were tested upon admission. How many patients fall into each category ... In August, researchers from Harvard Medical School, Tufts Medical Center, and the Veterans Affairs Healthcare System decided to find out.
For two separate studies published in May, doctors in California read through several hundred charts of pediatric patients, one by one, to figure out why, exactly, each COVID-positive child had been admitted to the hospital. Did they need treatment for COVID, or was there some other reason for admission, like cancer treatment or a psychiatric episode, and the COVID diagnosis was merely incidental? According to the researchers, 40 to 45 percent of the hospitalizations that they examined were for patients in the latter group.

...the paper out this week... analyzed the electronic records for nearly 50,000 COVID hospital admissions ... they checked to see whether each patient required supplemental oxygen or had a blood oxygen level below 94 percent. (The latter criterion is based on the National Institutes of Health definition of “severe COVID.”) If either of these conditions was met, the authors classified that patient as having moderate to severe disease; otherwise, the case was considered mild or asymptomatic.

The study found that from March 2020 through early January 2021—before vaccination was widespread, and before the Delta variant had arrived—the proportion of patients with mild or asymptomatic disease was 36 percent. From mid-January through the end of June 2021, however, that number rose to 48 percent. In other words, the study suggests that roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease.

This increase was even bigger for vaccinated hospital patients, of whom 57 percent had mild or asymptomatic disease. But unvaccinated patients have also been showing up with less severe symptoms, on average, than earlier in the pandemic: The study found that 45 percent of their cases were mild or asymptomatic since January 21.
this study suggests that COVID hospitalization tallies can’t be taken as a simple measure of the prevalence of severe or even moderate disease, because they might inflate the true numbers by a factor of two. “As we look to shift from cases to hospitalizations as a metric to drive policy and assess level of risk to a community or state or country,” Doron told me, referring to decisions about school closures, business restrictions, mask requirements, and so on, “we should refine the definition of hospitalization. Those patients who are there with rather than from COVID don’t belong in the metric.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ng/620062/

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
fafnir wrote: If they did have the votes, they'd be nuts to do it. Roe vs Wade being "under threat" is a rallying cry. Settle it conclusively and one of their standard topics for hysteria flies out the window. The only thing worse for them would be if African Americans managed to hold their families together, escape from welfare, and stopped committing so much violent crime. That's why the smart move for them is to only ban guns that have negligible impact on the murder/mass shooting rate. The best solutions are the ones that make it feel like you are doing something, generate opposition you can organize around overcoming, and ideally make the underlying problem worse you can then use to justify going around the loop again. Roe vs Wade is waaaaaaay better for them than a constitutional amendment or anything as clear cut and final as that.
Definitely what they've been doing all this time. But they played that game a bit too long, and now are soiling their pants cuz the other side has decided to stop playing that same game and, exploiting a conservative Supreme Court, actually try for the win.
What win are they actually trying for? I haven't seen much that looks like more than a bump in the road.... a temporary setback. The long term societal trend in the West since the 60s has been towards every more liberal access to abortion and ever less acceptance of societies that resist that. I don't see anything that the SC has done changing that. There is no "the win" while that societal trend continues and elite opinion remains as it is.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Most Americans consider themselves 'pro-life', but also believe abortion should be a personal choice and legal in certain circumstances. The Left picked a needless fight, the false dichotomy between two fringe minority positions: no restrictions whatsoever vs. severe or complete bans. They also acted -- and still act -- as if 'Choice' were the preeminent or sole issue.
The opinions of ordinary people mostly don't matter. That is particularly true when most people have a wrong idea about the opinions of ordinary people, and an understanding of the other sides position akin to the 1984 idea of Goldstein.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: They've bolloxed the climate change debate in similar fashion, and that will be the next lefty bastion to fall.
I think you are running ahead a little way there. This is the same SC that backed away from the election law suits? This is the same SC whose conservatives are mostly Federalist Society drones?

John D

Post by John D »

Family update... haha.

My oldest daughter has moved out of her apartment. She and her trans-male partner are going to live out of her small RV. She makes money by providing counseling to other queer people. The RV needed repair work so she ended up living in my house. Her plan was to only stay here with my wife while I was in Europe. The repair took longer than she hoped so we had to exist in the same house for a week.

Of course, this is the same daughter that said she would rather become a prostitute than ask for my help on anything. (I never really thought she meant that... haha). Besides... she really couldn't make much money as a whore having shaved her head and considering she is 70 pounds over weight. I mean... maybe this works for some guys... but... well... it would take a lot of hustle for that to pay off.

Her partner is a complete loser. "He" is a very fragile and effeminate biological female who takes testosterone. As far as I can tell, the effects of the testosterone is the "he" has a very thin beard and a high pitched raspy voice (think Gilbert Godfred). All other things are female. He supposedly has PTSD that causes panic attacks while in a car. 100 pounds overweight with joint problems... no exercise. No work opportunities. Just a round shaped bearded lady who likes to play board games.

I was mostly pleasant as instructed by my wife. We did have a short conversation about the Covid... masking and such. Apparently this caused said she-male to have trauma as the next day they left me a list of safe topics. The list included discussion of dogs, old family stories, bird and squirrel feeding, and food. All other topics are not "safe" and his mental illness requires me to comply... for safety. "He" dropped this list off on a handwritten piece of paper. I wrote a reply on the paper saying that I thought it was a shame that we couldn't get to know each other better by having more open conversations.

This reply of mine was met with much consternation by my wife and daughter. I am certainly a mean beast of a man. Apparently I used to be a nice person... at least according to my wife. I am no longer a nice person according to my family. Perhaps this is true... but I think I am really just put off by the pathetic behaviors of my family. They have every opportunity to do something with their life... but they really just like to navel gaze and complain.

My wife is totally pissed off at me since I told her I was no longer interested in having sex with her. What can I say... I just can't do it. It is like having sex with a dying person. Yikes. She can barely walk up the stairs. She can't walk more than about 200 feet from the house. She sleeps or watches TV and does nothing else. She is a like a sick patient and I am her nurse. I do all the house work... yard work... cooking... dishes... and I trim her toe nails and put lotion on her back. She has constant pain, morbid obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, depression, ADD, arthritis, sciatica, no natural teeth, and a chronic vaginal infection (that never clears up and results in three days of bleeding after sex). I just can't do it.

We still take some trips, visit with friends and go to shows. This is probably enough to keep her from fulfilling her plans to kill herself.

Life goes on.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fafnir wrote: What win are they actually trying for?
Repeal of Roe. I think that's likely now, 6-3. Ideology aside, it should fall on legal grounds alone. Griswold was pretty solid, and argued that the decision whether to make a baby was a private one. Roe simply bummed a ride, saying, well, the decision to end that baby's life is private, too, then played pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey to determine when the baby still didn't count as a little person.

The long term societal trend in the West since the 60s has been towards every more liberal access to abortion and ever less acceptance of societies that resist that
I don't know if that trend was ever real, as opposed to simply ever more stridency in the media and among the Dem leadership. 'Legal, safe, and rare' , which comported with most folks' views, was long ago abandoned for screaming about 'choice' while wearing pink pussy hats and throwing tampons at elected officials.

The Dems chose to support late-term abortions (which the other side masterfully labeled 'partial birth' abortions.) These account for c. 1% of all abortions, but when elective are odious to nearly everyone aside from extreme activists. So now there's a law in Texas banning 99%.

To frame the choice as all abortions vs. none, was ill-conceived when most folks are personally uncomfortable about abortion. (Puns intended.)

The opinions of ordinary people mostly don't matter. That is particularly true when most people have a wrong idea about the opinions of ordinary people, and an understanding of the other sides position akin to the 1984 idea of Goldstein.
The Dem party's leftward lurch on social issues, abortion included, has largely driven the profound demographic shift in party affiliation. You're correct that the elite are clueless on how hoi polloi think and feel. The Dems, for example, are shocked to discover that hispanics don't like open borders or freebies for illegals. Hispanics, retro catholics all, tend to be pro-life.

A lot of factors are in play, especially economic, but things like late-term abortions, CRT, defund the police, etc. are proving a bridge too far for traditional party loyalty. Add in inflation and high gas prices, and the shift could be massive.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: Apparently this caused said she-male to have trauma as the next day they left me a list of safe topics. The list included discussion of dogs, old family stories, bird and squirrel feeding, and food. All other topics are not "safe" and his mental illness requires me to comply... for safety. "He" dropped this list off on a handwritten piece of paper.
Gawd, I wish I could've been there.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote: Apparently this caused said she-male to have trauma as the next day they left me a list of safe topics. The list included discussion of dogs, old family stories, bird and squirrel feeding, and food. All other topics are not "safe" and his mental illness requires me to comply... for safety. "He" dropped this list off on a handwritten piece of paper.
When he dropped off the letter to me I said: "I will take this under consideration." Haha. WTF. I live in a fucking clown world. Where did I go wrong???? Anyway.... they are out of my house now and I feel great. I have been completing projects and making new plans for the future. All is well.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: When he dropped off the letter to me I said: "I will take this under consideration." Haha. WTF. I live in a fucking clown world.
Yes, IMO, a calm yet firm refusal to engage on their terms is the best approach. Although other responses to snivelers are tempting ....

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
When he dropped off the letter to me I said: "I will take this under consideration." Haha. WTF. I live in a fucking clown world. Where did I go wrong???? Anyway.... they are out of my house now and I feel great. I have been completing projects and making new plans for the future. All is well.
Reading your stuff, I can't help feeling you must have done something REALLY bad in a previous life.

Also, you're not hinting subconsciously that you want to see what banging an overweight trans-male is like, are you? Those people can pick up on stuff like that with a sort of gaydar, IIRC...

John D

Post by John D »

Lsuoma wrote:
John D wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Reading your stuff, I can't help feeling you must have done something REALLY bad in a previous life.

Also, you're not hinting subconsciously that you want to see what banging an overweight trans-male is like, are you? Those people can pick up on stuff like that with a sort of gaydar, IIRC...
I am definitely not subconsciously attracted to bearded ladies.... well... at least as far as I can tell. You never really know about your subconscious. My type is more like Gabbie Carter. Look her up on pornhub. Haha. I visit her about once a week.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: you're not hinting subconsciously that you want to see what banging an overweight trans-male is like, are you?
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances ... -haram.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Man, I LOVE this place...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Chief of the Joint Woke of Staff, General Milley, promised his Chinese counterpart he'd give him a heads-up before the US attacked:
“General Li, you and I have known each other for now five years. If we’re going to attack, I’m going to call you ahead of time. It’s not going to be a surprise.”
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... ng-attack/

Did they drop a few classes in War College?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hey Milley! Here's your make-up assignment:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: My type is more like Gabbie Carter.
That's a 'type' ??!

That's more like an archetype!

In the #1 result-- she's playing GOLF. Her breasts are Size: "BOOBS"

What's the name of this type?... Heterosexuality !!?!

Is your favorite color Red White & Blue?! Is your favorite food "Dinner" ?! Do blacks take a knee when you enter the football stadium?!

May hat is off to you, sir.

https://www.pornhub.com/view_video.php? ... 09c07a3f54

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

John D wrote: I was mostly pleasant as instructed by my wife. We did have a short conversation about the Covid... masking and such. Apparently this caused said she-male to have trauma as the next day they left me a list of safe topics. The list included discussion of dogs, old family stories, bird and squirrel feeding, and food. All other topics are not "safe" and his mental illness requires me to comply... for safety. "He" dropped this list off on a handwritten piece of paper. I wrote a reply on the paper saying that I thought it was a shame that we couldn't get to know each other better by having more open conversations.

This reply of mine was met with much consternation by my wife and daughter. I am certainly a mean beast of a man. Apparently I used to be a nice person... at least according to my wife. I am no longer a nice person according to my family. Perhaps this is true... but I think I am really just put off by the pathetic behaviors of my family. They have every opportunity to do something with their life... but they really just like to navel gaze and complain.
I rarely say this, but it is time for you to get out. They are driving you to drink and you don't need that on top of everything else. Anyway, to be selfish, who needs the Pit to be investigated for not reporting you when it is fairly plain that if you don't get out you will go postal on these losers?
John D wrote: My wife is totally pissed off at me since I told her I was no longer interested in having sex with her. What can I say... I just can't do it.
Sex (with fat disabled wastes of space) is overrated.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:55 pm
John D wrote: My type is more like Gabbie Carter.
That's a 'type' ??!

That's more like an archetype!
Tits-on-a-stick.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

John D

Post by John D »

So... (with the exception of Matt)... can Gabbie be the pyt's official porn star?

Too bad about Norm.... he was actually someone from SNL that was funny.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:11 am
fafnir wrote: What win are they actually trying for?
Repeal of Roe. I think that's likely now, 6-3. Ideology aside, it should fall on legal grounds alone. Griswold was pretty solid, and argued that the decision whether to make a baby was a private one. Roe simply bummed a ride, saying, well, the decision to end that baby's life is private, too, then played pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey to determine when the baby still didn't count as a little person.
Is that an ideology free position though? I would probably interpret the law similarly to you, but we certainly aren't interpreting the Constitution though a Progressive lense. There is no ideology free interpretation.

As to 6-3, we'll see..... did Trump lose all his cases because of the law, or because the Judicial branch was unwilling to deal with the political mire that they'd have to wade through. A big chunk of the country will lose their collective minds if Roe vs Wade is overturned.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
The long term societal trend in the West since the 60s has been towards every more liberal access to abortion and ever less acceptance of societies that resist that
I don't know if that trend was ever real, as opposed to simply ever more stridency in the media and among the Dem leadership. 'Legal, safe, and rare' , which comported with most folks' views, was long ago abandoned for screaming about 'choice' while wearing pink pussy hats and throwing tampons at elected officials.
I'd say the same uncompromising, totalizing viewpoint is having an impact well outside the US. It's maybe not so far along with respect to abortion as in some Democrat states, but the direction of travel is the same. You have NGOs and trans national bodies all pushing in the same direction. The classic example would be abortion now being legal iin a Catholic country like Ireland. There was an interview with an ex-BBC journalist in the UK who said that the BBC don't think they are behaving politically by choosing to cover some things and not others, supporting Remain rather than Brexit.... they are just being civilized. I think the "civilized" viewpoint across Europe is pro-Democrat and ever more pro-abortion.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
The Dems chose to support late-term abortions (which the other side masterfully labeled 'partial birth' abortions.) These account for c. 1% of all abortions, but when elective are odious to nearly everyone aside from extreme activists. So now there's a law in Texas banning 99%.
I don't see how any of this changes the long term trend. Hasn't it pretty much always been the case that late term abortions have had little support in Texas? Has anything really changed other than the political calculus currently being that populism has some wind in it's sails in Texas and Florida.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
To frame the choice as all abortions vs. none, was ill-conceived when most folks are personally uncomfortable about abortion. (Puns intended.)
I think this remains to be seen. If the Democrats were going to be reasonable and allow the consensus position on abortion to win out, abortion would clearly become considerably more restricted in a great many states. Whether one law in one State not being immediately struck down marks the end of a 70 year trend across the culture of Western Europe and the US remains to be seen. This law is a minor battle in a war.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
The Dem party's leftward lurch on social issues, abortion included, has largely driven the profound demographic shift in party affiliation. You're correct that the elite are clueless on how hoi polloi think and feel. The Dems, for example, are shocked to discover that hispanics don't like open borders or freebies for illegals. Hispanics, retro catholics all, tend to be pro-life.
Are they shocked, really? Maybe the dumb ones. When you are building a coalition of groups that include the LGBT folks, Somali muslims, secular Jews etc... you enevitably have to gloss over a lot of glaring contradictions between the desires and world view of all those people.... and the solution you are aiming at. You certainly don't go around publicly acknowledging the problems. The easiest way is to find some Kulaks to unite them against and leave the details of how you are going to square the contradictions for later. Has the left ever actually been interested in what the groups they represented want? It's the left wing elites vision of a socially progressive utopia that keeps getting repackaged for different downtrodden, typically socially conservative, groups that are going to be saved from different kulaks. At best you have a period where the divide is too wide between these groups and the left have to form another coalition of the downtrodden who the exact same utopia is going to save.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
A lot of factors are in play, especially economic, but things like late-term abortions, CRT, defund the police, etc. are proving a bridge too far for traditional party loyalty. Add in inflation and high gas prices, and the shift could be massive.
We shall see. An alternative thesis is that having pushed things as far as they can, they just have to hold it long enough for the culture to catch up and for it to be the new normal. This is a game of centuries. The international left has been working on this since before the American revolution.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Just when you suspected the Nazis were beyond redemption …