Anne Robinson has no soul, and is history, thank fuck!

Old subthreads
Metalogic42

Re: Anne Robinson has no soul, and is history, thank fuck!

Post by Metalogic42 »

damn you, skep tickle!

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

cunt wrote:Well then don't read it. At least assisted suicide is an interesting topic.
If they legalise it everywhere, will he have nothing to talk about?

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

welch wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:Look at this image that Will included in his most recent response to Harriet Hall. Just look at it for awhile:

http://skepchick.org/wp-content/uploads/url-3.jpeg
"What sign are you?"
:rimshot:
What the hell is "alternate form"?
Otherkin? Because i'm really a pegacorn elf on the inside. STOP OPPRESSING MEEEEE!
WHY DO YOU OPPRESS FURRIES!!!!
I think "alternate form" is an "alternate form" of the symbol for neutral.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

After Rebecca implied she wasn't taking much notice of Hall, she has to post one last post, allowing her minions to try and recast the role of bully. Here, we see Queen Bee's drones react with horror at the realisation Hall wore a shirt with a funny message on it. OH, THE INSOLENCE!!!

http://i.imgur.com/yrcCyx6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RbkD6DG.jpg

PS - Having a dog as his avatar doesn't make Jack99 any less of a complete shistain.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Maybe we should be more careful when dissing the A+Theism people, as it seems they may be endowed with superhuman strength, which they could use to smack the shit out of us. From the Hindu thread and with my highlighting:
by thunk » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:29 pm
Yes, let me demonstrate with analogy.

Being bigoted is like throwing a bowling ball. Height is privilege.

If a person throws a bowling ball from the street into a 13th floor of a building, it will come up, it might shatter the glass, it might even hurt, but it won't come up with much speed.
Fuck! This s/h/it is a strong (Trigger warning: matriarchal rape) motherfucker.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Skep tickle wrote:Aaaand capitulate it is! But that's not enough for Kassiane, who breaks out the training bit to put in his mouth:
Re: British family told to send daughter to Hindu school
Post by Kassiane » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:21 am
hyperdeath wrote:I withdraw my previous comment. I wasn't distinguishing between racism in the vernacular sense, and racism as a sociological term.

To clarify, when I said that "reverse racism" exists, I meant so in the vernacular sense. I certainly don't believe (and I apologize for implying) that institutionalized reverse racism exists.
Isn't I&A the place for getting all that "reverse racism" vernacular bullshit out of people's systems? This is in theory an advanced, or at least intermediate, sociological space. It's a given that people are using the sociological definition!

Not to continue the derail train, but I mean really. That's not even 101. That's remedial.
Sweet zombie Jesus. Even a retraction isn't enough, is it? One must then sit and take the verbal lashings of the Special Snowflake Education Squad. Nothing less than complete submission is acceptable. Who would want to live like that? I almost feel sorry for Hyperdeath. Almost.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

@Tuvok

Wasn't it Will who posted that, not the glob?

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Apples wrote:Looks like plagiarist 'Tis Himself ----> Rodney Nelson has morphed again:
SGBM wrote:He is commented about for continuing to plagiarize. He is commented about for continuing to lie.

Nevertheless, some lies have gone unmentioned until now.

I watched him almost certainly lie about being in the infantry (come on, he wasn’t in both the Army and the Navy). He contributed what is almost certainly a false data point to that discussion, and it’s an important discussion, so it’s important that people don’t lie about it. But I didn’t say anything, because I know I’ll be blamed for pointing out a lie.

I watched him blatantly lie on Chris Clarke’s civility pledge. (Look at the HTML source; notice “comment-author-rodneynelson”.) He’d commented two days earlier — he wasn’t “delurking” — he was just changing his nym to Ulysses without saying so, which is against the rules. And he made it look like here’s a new commenter who was moved to delurk by this post. But I didn’t say anything, because I know I’ll be blamed for pointing out a lie.
It's also clear that SGBM spends an amazing amount of time doing detective/archival work at FTB (checking HTML source?).

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... erdome-20/ (comment 672)
http://www.freezepage.com/1361399319CLZRFYCLJU
We had a guy on the sub who was in the Army and joined the Navy after his tour pounding the ground was over due to the increased technical training the Navy offered him and that he got to keep his previous years of Army service as counting toward retirement.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

New post up at Hall's blog from Cpt. Janeway!

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

New blog by Ben Radford....

Being ‘Over It’-And the Lack of Charity
http://www.centerforinquiry.net/blogs/e ... f_charity/

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Tigzy wrote:@Tuvok

Wasn't it Will who posted that, not the glob?
Yes, it was Will, but it has the fanny print of Queen Bee all over it. The sentiment, snark, and message are all the same!

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

Well, it's new to me. May not be new to some of you pitters.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

FWIW, a comment of mine on Harriet Hall’s post which is garnering some surprising “push-back”:
What I find rather amusing about this contretemps – exhibiting some similarities with a tempest in a teapot, the rape of the lock – is the amount of egregious misinterpretation – intentional or otherwise – and histrionic butt-hurt. Reminds me of a joke:

Seems that a man and a woman – male and female for the purists in the crowd – named Joe – who had suffered from an environmental accident of sorts during which he had lost an eye which had been replaced by a prosthesis made out of, as it happened, wood – and Susie – who had been “victimized” by the congenital deformity of a cleft palate – got to chatting one day. And, as they were both young and lonely and lustful, Joe screwed up his courage and asked Susie if she would like to go to a dance with him. To which Susie, with no small amount of enthusiasm, responded with, “W’dn I! W’dn I!”. To which Joe, cut to the quick, responded with, “Harelip! Harelip!” ….

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CommanderTuvok wrote:New post up at Hall's blog from Cpt. Janeway!
That would indeed be a hoot, to see a substantial percentage of the TAM-2013-goers with “And I’m not a skepchick!” T-shirts ….

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

I demand that you use the appropriate 'Pit Glyph when referring to me!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8248/8494 ... 528024.jpg
glyphs by BarnOwl83, on Flickr

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

That's a good one Tuvok, err...Janeway.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

CommanderTuvok wrote:After Rebecca implied she wasn't taking much notice of Hall, she has to post one last post, allowing her minions to try and recast the role of bully. Here, we see Queen Bee's drones react with horror at the realisation Hall wore a shirt with a funny message on it. OH, THE INSOLENCE!!!

http://i.imgur.com/yrcCyx6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RbkD6DG.jpg

PS - Having a dog as his avatar doesn't make Jack99 any less of a complete shistain.
I've noticed that the SJWs love Eddie Izzard(Marilove's avatar)or at least find him one of the few acceptable comedians. Anyone know why that is? I couldn't make through Dressed to Kill.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

BTW shameless repost (ala Rocko):

[youtube]HavgtDyqOHw[/youtube]

Altair

Post by Altair »

masakari2012 wrote:Well, it's new to me. May not be new to some of you pitters.
I just skimmed the post but the comments are pretty fun. My favorite is how they're trying to push the view that "violated" includes any possible act of violence, including homicide.
Also how they mention that women "suffer for their sex" when everything in Ensler's list can actually happen to both genders.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Mr Danksworth wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:Aaaand capitulate it is! But that's not enough for Kassiane, who breaks out the training bit to put in his mouth:
Re: British family told to send daughter to Hindu school
Post by Kassiane » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:21 am
hyperdeath wrote:I withdraw my previous comment. I wasn't distinguishing between racism in the vernacular sense, and racism as a sociological term.

To clarify, when I said that "reverse racism" exists, I meant so in the vernacular sense. I certainly don't believe (and I apologize for implying) that institutionalized reverse racism exists.
Isn't I&A the place for getting all that "reverse racism" vernacular bullshit out of people's systems? This is in theory an advanced, or at least intermediate, sociological space. It's a given that people are using the sociological definition!

Not to continue the derail train, but I mean really. That's not even 101. That's remedial.
Sweet zombie Jesus. Even a retraction isn't enough, is it? One must then sit and take the verbal lashings of the Special Snowflake Education Squad. Nothing less than complete submission is acceptable. Who would want to live like that? I almost feel sorry for Hyperdeath. Almost.
Every time Hyperdeath tries to put in a bit of sanity he gets shouted down. I assume he is getting paid or is still hanging in on the delusion things will get back to whatever they intended with A+.

Altair

Post by Altair »

BarnOwl wrote:I demand that you use the appropriate 'Pit Glyph when referring to me!

Those are pretty cool! You should put them on pendants and call them BarnOwl-ramics!

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Altair wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:I demand that you use the appropriate 'Pit Glyph when referring to me!

Those are pretty cool! You should put them on pendants and call them BarnOwl-ramics!

Can I haz a Pit Glyph too plz??

Cunning Punt

Re: Ophie

Post by Cunning Punt »

windy wrote:
Gumby wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:Ophie writes about Dr. Hall:
What can I say? She’s angry and unpleasant and she’s pretending she’s not an enemy while acting exactly like one. I don’t want to talk about her, but she won’t shut up about me.
Hahahahaha...[gasp for air]...hahahaha...Can't make this stuff up...hahahaha....
How the fuck can anyone construe Harriet Hall's words, which are ever measured and calm, to be "angry and unpleasant"? How can her words, always written with a bent for finding common ground, be construed as her being an "enemy"?
Women tend to get judged more harshly than men, even by other women, because of internalized misogyny. It's like the classic example: a man is "assertive", a woman is "a bitch" (or "angry and unpleasant"). HTH
And yet.... it's OB saying it? Hilarious.

And did I read right that she's saying Hall won't shut up about her? Hall - who up until now hasn't said a thing publicly about this hoo-haa since Tshirtgate, despite the pressure on her to do so? Oh, why won't they leave poor Ophelia alone?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Steersman wrote:
That would indeed be a hoot, to see a substantial percentage of the TAM-2013-goers with “And I’m not a skepchick!” T-shirts ….
The reaction over ONE T-shirt was bad enough, but a room full of "I'm not a skepchick" T-shirts just might lead to a Glencoe Massacre style showdown.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Yes, it was Will, but it has the fanny print of Queen Bee all over it.
:lol:

Will, with the fanny print of Rebecca Watson all over him.

No...not going there...

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

katamari Damassi wrote:
another lurker wrote: They cry a lot. I have even seen some of them threaten suicide ("I did something terrible in meatspace, I should just off myself, I'm such a sexist/racist/etc), only to be consoled and given multiple hugs by 'the horde'. It's kind of, well, disturbing really!
Suicide is the ultimate flounce. It's really only a matter of time before one or more of them succumbs to the temptation.
The comment section of Jonestown Pharyngula is more and more converging in content towards the A+theism forum. No doubt Peezus' banning strategy has had an effect here: not only have reasonable people almost completely been culled from the pool of commenters, but many other rational persons evidently no longer bother to comment; they only lurk in amazement.

Peezus' commenting policy for the unmoderated* thread called Thunderdome probably aggravates the situation:
Like it says: open brawling permitted and encouraged. Say what you want, be as vicious and personal as you want, make people bleed metaphorically. Vent here. This thread will be unmoderated; the only restraint will be the unmitigated attacks of other participants in the thread. That means I’ll look the other way at behavior that goes on here, but do be warned: I may eventually decide that you’re too nasty to be allowed to wander elsewhere on the site, and may be condemned to Thunderdome and only Thunderdome forever.
Mix a bunch of traumatized people who have a history of abuse and broken childhoods with a number of quarrelsome, frustrated individuals**, declare open season ('make people bleed metaphorically'), and you have a perfect recipe for emotional mayhem. I sometimes wonder if it is all one big experiment, as if for Peezus a tank with zebrafish and a virtual tank with commenters are somehow equivalent. Bwahahaha, look how Improbable Joe goes after Strange Gods Before Me, who is shaking and reduced to tears but still manages to snap in foetus position at plagiarist Rodney Nelson alias 'Tis Himself alias Ulysses at every opportunity.

I am torn between finding it laughable or sad, but it definitely is disturbing to watch. If Peezus likes to promote this kind of drama, and it looks as if he does, he must be a pure sociopath.

* Except that real or perceived Slymepitters will be banned on sight.
** As I said before, these categories are not mutually exclusive.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Submariner wrote:
Altair wrote:

Should be a challenge to come up with a glyph based on a submarine that doesn't end up looking like a drawing of a dick.
A monkey on the other hand.... :whistle:

UnbelieveSteve

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

rocko2466 wrote:
UnbelieveSteve wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:I now will do a shameless repost of my video to cater for time differences.

[youtube]CLNR_TMQU6A[/youtube]

In other news, I have a Chris Clarke one in preparation. It's slightly musical.
Has that Atheismplus thread been deleted? If so, they must be keeping an eye on you Rocko. You are being watched.
Nope. it's here.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 005#p70753
Thanks.
The linke on thise YouTubee pagee is buggered uppe. ;)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4005#p70753 ok
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4005#p70753 not ok

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Submariner wrote:
Altair wrote:

Should be a challenge to come up with a glyph based on a submarine that doesn't end up looking like a drawing of a dick.
A monkey on the other hand.... :whistle:

I'm ok with looking like a dick....

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Jackin' may make a good icon. Just sayin'.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

masakari2012 wrote:New blog by Ben Radford....

It appears to me that misogynist Ben Radford is trolling for witch of the month award, he must be aware his recent posts are triggering painful reactions in the social justice community. :o

welch

Post by welch »

Apples wrote:The Cuntfaced Mods thread is active again.

Quontir points out the obvious, Piegasm replies that "context matters, yo," Flewellyn says, "what do you want," Setar pretends to be a mod, and Stephen T says if the mods were unfair the regulars would call them out.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... start=1925
Setar is a bad-assed motherfucker from behind a screen.

welch

Post by welch »

AndrewV69 wrote:
welch wrote: A businesswoman and a professional dropout. Fuck all those dipshits doing all that high-faluting research, WE GOT US A FILM SCHOOL GRADUATE TELLING US HOW SHIT REALLY WORKS.

Fuck me, you ARE stoned when you post.
Ahahahaah!

I suspect if you cut down on your caffeine intake you may calm down somewhat. But I could be wrong.
Not really. I just find attributing things to drugs a kinder answer than thinking you actually think your post showed anything beyond just how much of a twat you are.

welch

Post by welch »

AndrewV69 wrote:
DeepInsideYourMind wrote: From personal experience in the same industries, I totally agree with Altair ...

I've known some fantastic women developers ... just not very many. And oddly, they have been largely from a non-programming background, for example mathematicians who happen to program for a living as quants.

Development is largely an unglamorous, boring , and monotonous job .. I know very few developers in the profession by choice (and most who are came via programming games in their youth). Maybe women just don't enjoy it. I have never seen a single employer (out of literally hundreds I have consulted for) who didn't give women exactly the same opportunity. School career advice may be a different issue ... but as I got f**k all of any use, I dont doubt women get f**k all useful advice either.
I suspect demographics might have something to do with it. Based on my experience (and only mine) I am not surprised to see that the majority of COBOL programmers are way over 30 and women. Need I mention that some years ago "they" stopped teaching it in educational institutions?

Web and related languages (like Perl) mostly younger males and females. Engineering is majority male. Same with Performance and Capacity planning. Project management and Administration roughly 50:50. Unix sysadmins, Z/OS Systems Programmers tend to be majority male also, extending down to support techs.

The majority of women in Engineering, especially those with double degrees tended to drop out and become a SAHM by the time they had a second child. Retaining them beyond five years was a lost cause.

Most of the female "nerds" that I have ever encountered tended to be like their male counterparts, somewhat antisocial and working odd hours. Not all of them of course, I can think of a Linux developer who was very social, and got recruited from Aussieland to a job in Ottawa based on entirely on her Usenet posts.

Once again, the above is based on my personal experience and seeing as I am retired, things may have changed since then.
Just a fucking tish

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Maybe we should be more careful when dissing the A+Theism people, as it seems they may be endowed with superhuman strength, which they could use to smack the shit out of us. From the Hindu thread and with my highlighting:
by thunk » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:29 pm
Yes, let me demonstrate with analogy.

Being bigoted is like throwing a bowling ball. Height is privilege.

If a person throws a bowling ball from the street into a 13th floor of a building, it will come up, it might shatter the glass, it might even hurt, but it won't come up with much speed.
Fuck! This s/h/it is a strong (Trigger warning: matriarchal rape) motherfucker.
Are you fucking kidding me? Who says it's rape? Stop being so incestist!!!!!

welch

Post by welch »

Submariner wrote:
Apples wrote:Looks like plagiarist 'Tis Himself ----> Rodney Nelson has morphed again:
SGBM wrote:He is commented about for continuing to plagiarize. He is commented about for continuing to lie.

I watched him almost certainly lie about being in the infantry (come on, he wasn’t in both the Army and the Navy). He contributed what is almost certainly a false data point to that discussion, and it’s an important discussion, so it’s important that people don’t lie about it. But I didn’t say anything, because I know I’ll be blamed for pointing out a lie.

I watched him blatantly lie on Chris Clarke’s civility pledge. (Look at the HTML source; notice “comment-author-rodneynelson”.) He’d commented two days earlier — he wasn’t “delurking” — he was just changing his nym to Ulysses without saying so, which is against the rules. And he made it look like here’s a new commenter who was moved to delurk by this post. But I didn’t say anything, because I know I’ll be blamed for pointing out a lie.
It's also clear that SGBM spends an amazing amount of time doing detective/archival work at FTB (checking HTML source?).

We had a guy on the sub who was in the Army and joined the Navy after his tour pounding the ground was over due to the increased technical training the Navy offered him and that he got to keep his previous years of Army service as counting toward retirement.

You don't actually expect those loons to know fuck-all anything about how the military actually works, do you?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Jan Steen wrote: Mix a bunch of traumatized people who have a history of abuse and broken childhoods with a number of quarrelsome, frustrated individuals**, declare open season ('make people bleed metaphorically'), and you have a perfect recipe for emotional mayhem. I sometimes wonder if it is all one big experiment, as if for Peezus a tank with zebrafish and a virtual tank with commenters are somehow equivalent. Bwahahaha, look how Improbable Joe goes after Strange Gods Before Me, who is shaking and reduced to tears but still manages to snap in foetus position at plagiarist Rodney Nelson alias 'Tis Himself alias Ulysses at every opportunity.

I am torn between finding it laughable or sad, but it definitely is disturbing to watch. If Peezus likes to promote this kind of drama, and it looks as if he does, he must be a pure sociopath.
It's clearly driving SGBM nuts that Tis (not) Himself/Rodney Nelson/Ulysses refuses to explain or apologise for his plagiarism and morphing. In fact, I think Tis has found the perfect way to troll the shit out of SGBM - do fuck all about it, and let the cunt seethe. :lol:

It seems to me that Pharyngula is the only place where SGBM has any power - the power being a propensity to trawl threads for the slightest indiscretion, and then hound the miscreant mercilessly about it. On pretty much any other blog or forum (with the possible exception of the A+ forum - where SGBM did once appear, in order to hound Tis :lol: ) this prick would be laughed out of the textbox. SG's reaction to being 'bullied' at Pharyngula makes it clear that the fucker has little else in the way of achievement in his life. Just FTB, where he can at least bask in being taken seriously as an authority, however pissant that authority might be, by a fragile commentariat fearful of displaying any sign of latent bigotry. Poor sod.

welch

Post by welch »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Steersman wrote:
The reaction over ONE T-shirt was bad enough, but a room full of "I'm not a skepchick" T-shirts just might lead to a Glencoe Massacre style showdown.

Snerk. Can you imagine them trying to wield weapons of any form?

welch

Post by welch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
masakari2012 wrote:New blog by Ben Radford....

It appears to me that misogynist Ben Radford is trolling for witch of the month award, he must be aware his recent posts are triggering painful reactions in the social justice community. :o
I doubt he gives a picofuck

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

welch wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
welch wrote: A businesswoman and a professional dropout. Fuck all those dipshits doing all that high-faluting research, WE GOT US A FILM SCHOOL GRADUATE TELLING US HOW SHIT REALLY WORKS.

Ahahahaah!

I suspect if you cut down on your caffeine intake you may calm down somewhat. But I could be wrong.
Not really. I just find attributing things to drugs a kinder answer than thinking you actually think your post showed anything beyond just how much of a twat you are.
I have no problem with that actually. I see it as your issue and not mine. Feel free to disagree though.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

welch wrote:
Submariner wrote:

You don't actually expect those loons to know fuck-all anything about how the military actually works, do you?
Not really. My post was for the civilians here in the pit to be made aware that not only CAN it happen, that I have personal knowledge of it ACTUALLY happening. Thus making SGBM's "almost certainly lie" be less certain.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Well done, BarnOwl, well done.

Many thanks!!

welch

Post by welch »

AndrewV69 wrote:
welch wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

Ahahahaah!

I have no problem with that actually. I see it as your issue and not mine. Feel free to disagree though.

I'm not the one pimping that bilious idiocy of a blog post as some kind of serious commentary on women. That's all you sparky. You're the one down with the statement about how the best thing a woman can do for society is have male babies.

I'm just the asshole who pointed it out. How terribly rude of me.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Do Thatcherkin, I dare you...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Steersman wrote:
I was thinking more along the line of “Alice's Restaurant Massacree – with full orchestration and five part harmony and stuff” ….

But too bad about Skepchicks in general – the site seems to have some reasonable arguments except for the anti-evo-psych koolaid, although some of their commentariat are seriously off the wall, and that some seem to have some “emotional challenges” ….

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Submariner wrote:

Many thanks!!
Yellow Submarine is like my favorite movie EVAH.

I loved it even before I knew anything about applied recreational neurochemistry.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Submariner wrote:

Many thanks!!
Careful Submariner, there might be Blue Meanies about.

http://www.ecok.edu/SiteContent/1/image ... Meanie.jpg

Cool monkey Barn owl, thanks!

comslave

Post by comslave »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Submariner wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:Moar 'Pit Glyphs:

Many thanks!!

Blue Meanies? That's racist. What do you have against being blue?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

welch wrote:I have no problem with that actually. I see it as your issue and not mine. Feel free to disagree though.

I'm not the one pimping that bilious idiocy of a blog post as some kind of serious commentary on women. That's all you sparky. You're the one down with the statement about how the best thing a woman can do for society is have male babies.

I'm just the asshole who pointed it out. How terribly rude of me.[/quote]

Ahahahahah!

I see now what your problem is. That is pretty funny. You have no sense of humor that is clear.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

SHUT IT DOWN, FIDALGO! SHUT IT DOWN!

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/blogs/e ... poem/P100/

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

SHUT THAT DOWN TOO, FIDALGO! SHUT THAT DOWN TOO!

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/blogs/e ... r_it/P150/

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

BarnOwl wrote:
Submariner wrote:

Many thanks!!

I loved it even before I knew anything about applied recreational neurochemistry.
:-) The Doors of Perception, indeed.

Too bad that there were so many casualities though. As my dad used to say about having been in the war [II] – probably a fairly common sentiment: “Wouldn’t have missed it for a thousand dollars; wouldn’t do it again for a million” ….

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

comslave wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote:
Submariner wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:Moar 'Pit Glyphs:

Many thanks!!

Blue Meanies? That's racist. What do you have against being blue?
I shall rend my garment, tear my beard and make manifest my shame for not having used the proper term: Cyan Enhanced People of an Aggressive Orientation.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Found this gem in the last link:
EllenBeth Wachs wrote:Rocko? your “Dramatic Readings” aren’t outrageous reactionary nonsense, are they?
Well ... in the same way that satire is outrageous reactionary nonsense, yes.

WAIT. EllenBeth! Are you saying that your comments are satire?

Ohmegods! I get you now!

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

Rocko2466, unfortunately, they don't understand most satire. They probably don't watch South Park, and would think that Boondocks and Blazing Saddles is racist.

Post by Guest »

I'm having a look at Ben Radford's latest comment thread.

Can someone explain to me why his detractors keep saying that the "all men are rapists" trope isn't proselyted by modern feminists when "schrodingers rapist" and "rape culture" are trotted out so frequently?

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

I thought this was a fun protest, unfortunately he caved:
http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2 ... er_default

The headline reads: 'Pastafarian' refuses to take spaghetti strainer off his head for license photo, South Brunswick cops say

lonesagi

Post by lonesagi »

BarnOwl wrote:
Submariner wrote:

Many thanks!!

Hot damn! I spy at least one sexy bastard in that lot! Well done and many thanks indeed.