Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
DownThunder

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by DownThunder »

Skep tickle wrote:I also cringe at all the talk about how "you don't have to be scared of math!" - what if it hadn't actually occurred to the person - probably more likely female than male - to be scared of math, they just saw it at dry & difficult or something. But that example focuses more on messages about math, whereas your focus is, appropriately, messages to people who are members of a sub-group assumed to perform less well, and need encouragement, in some specific area.
I dont have a source on hand, but I am willing to bet there are feminist writings which present maths as full of rape themes and rape metaphors.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

DownThunder wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:I also cringe at all the talk about how "you don't have to be scared of math!" - what if it hadn't actually occurred to the person - probably more likely female than male - to be scared of math, they just saw it at dry & difficult or something. But that example focuses more on messages about math, whereas your focus is, appropriately, messages to people who are members of a sub-group assumed to perform less well, and need encouragement, in some specific area.
I dont have a source on hand, but I am willing to bet there are feminist writings which present maths as full of rape themes and rape metaphors.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... id=3874874

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Fucking sundays!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Fucking sundays!
Doesn't mean i've given up on Haggis, Bhoytony...

DGS

Post by DGS »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
DownThunder wrote:

It's summarised in this book - it's not just feminism, it's the troika of radical feminism, post-modernism and social constructionist theory which conspire to create a custard storm. Chapter 4 p119 on. http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Hoax-Scien ... d+the+hoax

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

DGS wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
DownThunder wrote:

It's summarised in this book - it's not just feminism, it's the troika of radical feminism, post-modernism and social constructionist theory which conspire to create a custard storm. Chapter 4 p119 on. http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Hoax-Scien ... d+the+hoax
I doubt PZ has that book on his shelf.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Lsuoma wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Also, I really enjoyed the podcast you did with Reap.
Thanks, so did I.
Who knew that Lsuoma would sound like this chap:

http://i.imgur.com/WaQhPGz.jpg

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

http://i.imgur.com/BEyIF9L.jpg

(You didn't really think I could kill those adorable creatures?)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Yeah Jan! They're ALIIIIIIVE!!!!!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

DGS wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
DownThunder wrote:
It's summarised in this book - it's not just feminism, it's the troika of radical feminism, post-modernism and social constructionist theory which conspire to create a custard storm. Chapter 4 p119 on.
I think I need to put that book on my reading list as well. It really is a rather surprising state of affairs, if not a worrisome one. You have, no doubt, read his earlier book with Bricmont – I haven’t – but the following quote from a review of it by Dawkins was certainly a jaw-dropping moment for me:
The feminist 'philosopher' Luce Irigaray is another who gets whole-chapter treatment from Sokal and Bricmont. In a passage reminiscent of a notorious feminist description of Newton's Principia (a "rape manual"), Irigaray argues that E=mc2 is a "sexed equation". Why? Because "it privileges the speed of light over other speeds that are vitally necessary to us" (my emphasis of what I am rapidly coming to learn is an 'in' word). Just as typical of this school of thought is Irigaray's thesis on fluid mechanics. Fluids, you see, have been unfairly neglected. "Masculine physics" privileges rigid, solid things. Her American expositor Katherine Hayles made the mistake of re-expressing Irigaray's thoughts in (comparatively) clear language. For once, we get a reasonably unobstructed look at the emperor and, yes, he has no clothes:

The privileging of solid over fluid mechanics, and indeed the inability of science to deal with turbulent flow at all, she attributes to the association of fluidity with femininity. Whereas men have sex organs that protrude and become rigid, women have openings that leak menstrual blood and vaginal fluids... From this perspective it is no wonder that science has not been able to arrive at a successful model for turbulence. The problem of turbulent flow cannot be solved because the conceptions of fluids (and of women) have been formulated so as necessarily to leave unarticulated remainders.
The problem of turbulent flow cannot be solved because the conceptions of fluids (and of women) have been formulated so as necessarily to leave unarticulated remainders :shock:

Methinks the barbarians are inside the gates already and well ensconced in academia.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Jan Steen wrote:http://i.imgur.com/BEyIF9L.jpg

Shooting the 'it was all a dream' trope a bit early, dontcha think? It's usually saved for when all of the good ideas are spent. What's next? A pirahana on water skis jumping a shark? Lol.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Steersman wrote: The problem of turbulent flow cannot be solved because the conceptions of fluids (and of women) have been formulated so as necessarily to leave unarticulated remainders :shock:

Methinks the barbarians are inside the gates already and well ensconced in academia.
Well, thanks to feminism, we can't fly airplanes anymore!

DGS

Post by DGS »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Steersman wrote: The problem of turbulent flow cannot be solved because the conceptions of fluids (and of women) have been formulated so as necessarily to leave unarticulated remainders :shock:

Well, thanks to feminism, we can't fly airplanes anymore!
Who said " “Show me a cultural relativist at 30,000 feet and I'll show you a hypocrite"

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Mr Danksworth wrote:

Shooting the 'it was all a dream' trope a bit early, dontcha think? It's usually saved for when all of the good ideas are spent. What's next? A pirahana on water skis jumping a shark? Lol.
Wait for it. It'll be spectacular.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Steersman wrote:
Maximus wrote:
windy wrote:
JAB wrote: Or on a more basic level... we have transgressed and therefore must be shunned. By his failure to shun us he has hurt the powers that be and has upset all that follow those powers. What are they supposed to think of him now? They are so confused and it's all his fault!
Sounds like you need to open your eyes!!!
I think there is a lot of hope for Derek, he seem honest and skeptical. I don't think he was properly indoctrinated before being rushed into service. :lol:
Agreed.

But “crazier than shit-house rats” is the phrase that springs to mind to describe the FfTB cohort there ….
Except the phrase is "cunning as a shit-house rat" and that only applies to RW.

AnonymousCowherd

Jan Steen wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:

Wait for it. It'll be spectacular.
As long as it doesn't involve pirahana in a lead lined 'frig, escaping an atomic bomb.

Although....

Reap

Post by Reap »

Lsuoma wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Apples wrote:Lsuoma/Reap - great show - interesting convo -

"genuine wit at the pit" -- keep digging, everyone!

http://angryatheist.info/?p=1043
Good stuff - fascinating. What's interesting is that anyone tuning into that convo without hearing the beginning would probably think that Lsuoma was Richard Dawkins.

Reap - t'would also be very cool of you could get Steersman on your show. I really wanna know if he talks like he writes. Be warned, he would likely generate massive sound files if that's the case.
/me blushes. Thanks for all the kind comments!

Sorry the sound quality was not so good - VoIP. Reap sounded to me just like he does on the podcast, so I guess that for some reason my upload bandwidth was compromised.

Definitely interested in doing this again sometime - a whole bunch of fun, and thanks to Reap for inviting me. If you want to see another side of me, we can do it after I've had a beer or two, but I'll need to do it while someone is with me to cut me off in case I say anything I shouldn't :whistle:
Good suggestion and Lsuoma I plan on conversating with you more in the future. Now since I'm 10 fucking pages behind I better get back to reading

tina

Post by tina »

Steersman wrote:
DGS wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
DownThunder wrote:
It's summarised in this book - it's not just feminism, it's the troika of radical feminism, post-modernism and social constructionist theory which conspire to create a custard storm. Chapter 4 p119 on.
I think I need to put that book on my reading list as well. It really is a rather surprising state of affairs, if not a worrisome one. You have, no doubt, read his earlier book with Bricmont – I haven’t – but the following quote from a review of it by Dawkins was certainly a jaw-dropping moment for me:
The feminist 'philosopher' Luce Irigaray is another who gets whole-chapter treatment from Sokal and Bricmont. In a passage reminiscent of a notorious feminist description of Newton's Principia (a "rape manual"), Irigaray argues that E=mc2 is a "sexed equation". Why? Because "it privileges the speed of light over other speeds that are vitally necessary to us" (my emphasis of what I am rapidly coming to learn is an 'in' word). Just as typical of this school of thought is Irigaray's thesis on fluid mechanics. Fluids, you see, have been unfairly neglected. "Masculine physics" privileges rigid, solid things. Her American expositor Katherine Hayles made the mistake of re-expressing Irigaray's thoughts in (comparatively) clear language. For once, we get a reasonably unobstructed look at the emperor and, yes, he has no clothes:

The privileging of solid over fluid mechanics, and indeed the inability of science to deal with turbulent flow at all, she attributes to the association of fluidity with femininity. Whereas men have sex organs that protrude and become rigid, women have openings that leak menstrual blood and vaginal fluids... From this perspective it is no wonder that science has not been able to arrive at a successful model for turbulence. The problem of turbulent flow cannot be solved because the conceptions of fluids (and of women) have been formulated so as necessarily to leave unarticulated remainders.
The problem of turbulent flow cannot be solved because the conceptions of fluids (and of women) have been formulated so as necessarily to leave unarticulated remainders :shock:

The inarticulateness of feminist science stems from its propensity to privilege spin and strangeness over charm.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

I'm gone for a day...now I'm still back on page 85. You guys suck!

AnonymousCowherd

Steersman wrote: I think I need to put that book on my reading list as well. It really is a rather surprising state of affairs, if not a worrisome one. You have, no doubt, read his earlier book with Bricmont – I haven’t – but the following quote from a review of it by Dawkins was certainly a jaw-dropping moment for me:

Actually, they are now old-school in most places. The decimation of arts schools in a lot of university cut backs meant only the loudest and meanest still have a gig. Not to say they don't have a say, sometimes a big one, but their time is passing.

Irigaray's bat-shit insanity was always better in the original "prose". The crazy was so much more obvious. Trying to "clarify" the "thought" behind her stuff just emphasised the stupid instead and wasn't nearly as funny. She once went on a Lacan inspired rant about mirrors and specula/speculum that was like two super-massive blackholes of cant colliding at light speed. No light emerged.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

LMU

Post by LMU »

ianfc wrote:Briefly delurking to say gday to yous cunts.
Hello and welcome! :)

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Holy fuck. You'd think Ophie B lived in a frigging wilderness cave shunning all social interaction with the way she goes on about people attacking and destroying her. The reality is she slings shit all over her blog and Twitter then and cries like baby whenever people respond in kind.
the woman is an insane cunt.

Ophie babes, you don't get to be free from mockery or criticism especially when you call people rape enablers and other equally retarded shit.

AnonymousCowherd

Steersman wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
If I can ridicule people for their bad ideas, then they should be equally free to ridicule mine. No sacred cows Michael, otherwise we are no better than "those" people.
Amen brother.

Although to add an obligatory “Eppur si muove” (at least to maintain my status as a contrarian), the “problem” with ridiculing “bad” ideas is that in a great many cases one doesn’t really know that an idea is bad until one has tried it out – the proof is in the pudding – as there are some serious limitations to “reason”. You might be interested in the following post and observations from the philosopher/scientist Massimo Pigliucci. He is using the analogy of:
.... multiple adaptive peaks in genotypic space, with natural selection pushing a population of organisms up the closest available peak (high fitness) and away from any valley (low fitness). Similar situations occur in computer science, mathematics, economics, and — I maintain — in rational discourse more generally.
He includes the following graphic to clarify and illustrate his argument which he then concludes with the subsequent observations:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2hgdcwj.jpg
The metaphor of a landscape in logical space therefore argues that reasonable people can rationally disagree about issues in science, skepticism, economics, politics and ethics. That does not mean that rational discussions of these topics are fruitless, because they help the participants (if they are in good faith) to delineate the areas of the landscape where no peak can be found, and also forces them to examine more closely why they insist on climbing one particular peak given that there are several available for exploration. As for the emotional part, well, as David Hume famously put it: “It is not contrary to reason to prefer the destruction of the whole world to the scratching of my finger.” It is because I care about the world that I’d rather see my finger scratched than the world to end.
Reason certainly has its benefits, but algorithmic methods – of which reason is, I think, a primary example – simply cannot cover all the bases or lead to all “truths”. To suggest and argue otherwise – particularly dogmatically – is, arguably, to manifest an article of faith.
There is a difference between ridiculing people for their "bad" ideas and ridiculing the ideas themselves. But that an idea is "bad" depends on your notion of "bad". That it may not work vs it is physically impossible vs it is logically incoherent (and so on). Whole slews of ideas can be ignored safely without making any puddings if they fail the last test and a good number of others can be ignored if they fail the second (or even the first). We may not know exactly which ones fail withut the pudding, but we can predict pretty well and, in many cases, we will be able to tell that something fails a priori.

Pigliucci's argument (as you state it) relies greatly on a very loose definition of "truth", and much of it just seems a complicated re-statement of what we already know ("in evolution, things evolve in various ways"). There is no sense of what the "gradient" in his diagram would be in his "rational discourse space", nor even what the axes are, if he is talking about mapping "truth" rather than mapping human argumentation (which is a very different thing).

If you want to reference Hume, his "you cannot derive ought from is" should be enough, but what then has "ought" got to do with "truth"? Unless truth now means something other than "what is the case". Rabbit hole, meet blue pill.

Policy and evidence are separate things and, while they can (and in my view, should) inform each other, letting either loose in the other's domain leads to big problems. There's a reasonable agument to be had as to whether or not the demands placed on evidence (such as consistency and coherency) even apply to policy. A policy to promote X over Y in one situation may be good, but is disastrous in another situation that needs Y to be promoted over X. Knocks a big hole in any ideological approach, but also makes the demand for "rational" policy more difficult to fulfil.

Apples

Post by Apples »

windy wrote:
JAB wrote: Or on a more basic level... we have transgressed and therefore must be shunned. By his failure to shun us he has hurt the powers that be and has upset all that follow those powers. What are they supposed to think of him now? They are so confused and it's all his fault!
I love that exchange. SallyStrange and the Rusty Spokesgay sure know how to win friends and influence people. They're like spastic paranormal investigators mocking someone who doesn't believe in orbs.

LMU

Post by LMU »

Steersman wrote:
Maximus wrote:
windy wrote:
I think there is a lot of hope for Derek, he seem honest and skeptical. I don't think he was properly indoctrinated before being rushed into service. :lol:
Agreed.

But “crazier than shit-house rats” is the phrase that springs to mind to describe the FfTB cohort there ….
Yeah that looks unpleasant. Has anyone mentioned to him that he's not going crazy, and they do that sort of thing to anyone who doesn't do what they want? Might do more harm than good, people tend need to figure such things out for themselves, on the other hand, he might start to believe it if all he hears is the crazy.

I'd be curious if he joins here. If he does, he might wish to use an anonymous pseudonym until he's sure of his position.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Apples wrote:
windy wrote:
I love that exchange. SallyStrange and the Rusty Spokesgay sure know how to win friends and influence people. They're like spastic paranormal investigators mocking someone who doesn't believe in orbs.
Apparently AI were supposed to dogpile on us ebil pitters but failed in their mission. Oh dear. The fact Nugent put us in the worst possible light from the start seems not to have been enough. He committed the cardinal sin of listening to peoples views even when he found them distasteful and offensive (which of course he is perfectly entitled to do) Witch burning time!!!!!

With any luck this sort of behaviour will show what we are up against, even if they feel some of our narrative goes over the line.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Oh just to add, I found one of their casual racist and sexist tweets earlier. I think I'll start collecting them, maybe material for a blog or something. They do it all the time and no one pulls them on it.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Lsuoma wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:In other news,

Eucliwood has a blog now:
http://slymepitintrom.blogspot.ca/

I dunno why but right now I am thinking of this line from Ozymandias:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
- Shelley

What hath the Slymepit done now? What forces hath been unleashed?
Jesus Tittyfucking Christ, that girl needs some help. I'm glad she doesn't know my address (1080 W. Addison, Chicago, IL).
LOL - that reminds me of when D410n posted an address where "Francisco Bacopa" could find some misogynists and it turned out to be the P*kistani Cuntsulate in Texas and you went all fascist tit on him. Good times .... :D

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

LMU wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Maximus wrote:
windy wrote:
Agreed.

Yeah that looks unpleasant. Has anyone mentioned to him that he's not going crazy, and they do that sort of thing to anyone who doesn't do what they want? Might do more harm than good, people tend need to figure such things out for themselves, on the other hand, he might start to believe it if all he hears is the crazy.

I'd be curious if he joins here. If he does, he might wish to use an anonymous pseudonym until he's sure of his position.
I get the feeling they agree with them BUT are surprised at how they present themselves and close all methods of discourse. That is a dichotomy AI will have to struggle with. This level of overt aggression from feminist idealouges is probably not encountered in Ireland (they are far too busy with the considerably more important issues of sectarianism)

Of course everyone is welcome here, especially those who wish to ask questions, argue or discuss.

Apples

Re: Allan Savory

Post by Apples »

mordacious1 wrote:A question about Allan Savory's talk: Most of you are too young to remember 1950's Westerns, but that is where I learned the difference between sheep and cattle grazing (both of which were shown in the TED piece). Cattle have incisors; horses, sheep and goats have incisors and molars. The latter can grasp the plants and pull them out by the roots, the cattle merely sheer the grass off like a lawn mower. In the cowboy movies, the cattle ranchers were always killing the sheep grazers because their sheep would destroy the grass so it wouldn't come back. This pissed the cowboys off to no end, so they'd shoot the sheep grazers on sight or hang them up from a nearby tree (and we have a movie/TV show).

The question I have after watching Savory's talk, is what would be the preferred species in stopping Desertification of land? I would think, from my TV watching, that cattle would be preferred over sheep.

Also this concerns me: http://www.savoryinstitute.com/2012/09/ ... an-savory/
Funny - I became aware of the protracted conflict between cowboys and "sheepmen" quite recently when I read Michener's Centennial.

DGS

Post by DGS »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Steersman wrote: I think I need to put that book on my reading list as well. It really is a rather surprising state of affairs, if not a worrisome one. You have, no doubt, read his earlier book with Bricmont – I haven’t – but the following quote from a review of it by Dawkins was certainly a jaw-dropping moment for me:

Actually, they are now old-school in most places. The decimation of arts schools in a lot of university cut backs meant only the loudest and meanest still have a gig. Not to say they don't have a say, sometimes a big one, but their time is passing.
It's known as the curse of the baby boomers. Funeral by funeral, social science progresses.

LMU

Post by LMU »

Jack wrote:Oh just to add, I found one of their casual racist and sexist tweets earlier. I think I'll start collecting them, maybe material for a blog or something. They do it all the time and no one pulls them on it.
If you make a blog post, please feel free to link it in the museum. If you don't make a blog, feel free to collect them in the museum anyway :)

UnbelieveSteve

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

lonesagi wrote:

- Shelley

Whaaa? Why is half of it covered up? Why do white boxes stretch to infinity? WHAT IS GOING ON!?!
Do what Benson does. Copy/Pasta the page content on to a word document to see/read all the text.
Thanks Ctrl-C Ctrl-V Ophie.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Setar just went Full Setar again:
And, um...I can't help but see the similarities between Fascist organizations and the Slymepit. It's like the 'pitters are the internet equivalent of Fascist reactionaries like Golden Dawn -- or, hell, the early Nazis (OH NOES, I REFERENCED TEH NAZIS).
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_F97DHpMHe_0/R ... -sitar.jpg
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 990#p72990

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

- Shelley

I took a look. Wow. Just wow.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... e28783.jpg

Eucliwood is the caretaker. She has always been the caretaker.

LMU

Post by LMU »

Jack wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:
rayshul wrote:Rather liked this article:
I’ve seen so much energy spent on telling girls that “they can do it, too!”, but I worry what message this is really sending. It seems to remind you that you belong to a minority, which is its own sort of reinforcement, much in the same way I was perpetuating gender bias as a kid. But there are studies that show when you present kids just with life as if it were normally always this way they simply accept it as such.
Makes a nice argument against identity politics in a way I wish I'd done first.
Oh ya, I've thought quite a bit about this. Seems to me that messages like "Girls can do [x]!" may plant seeds of doubt for girls about whether or not they themselves really can do [x].

I hear this a fair amount at math competitions, including one last month where the speaker invited to fill time after the test-taking & before the awards blathered on about how great it was to see so many girls there (indeed, about half were girls) and how girls really can be good at math and can go on to become engineers etc. I was embarrassed for him and a little angry. My guess is that most of the girls there hadn't been feeling out of place or outclassed, and of course half the kids there were ignored in his speech - so much for "motivational". Whereas welcoming & cheering on ALL the kids there, and celebrating their enthusiasm for math & their accomplishments, etc, would have seemed more appropriate and IMO probably more effective. I've also noticed that most of the math coaches at elementary schools in this area seem to be women, so certainly the kids have role models at that level for women who are enthusiastic about math and hopefully share that enthusiasm with ALL the kids they teach & coach. (At middle school & senior high school levels, the coaches do seem to be mostly men.)

I also cringe at all the talk about how "you don't have to be scared of math!" - what if it hadn't actually occurred to the person - probably more likely female than male - to be scared of math, they just saw it at dry & difficult or something. But that example focuses more on messages about math, whereas your focus is, appropriately, messages to people who are members of a sub-group assumed to perform less well, and need encouragement, in some specific area.
It's like religion. Impose the guilt then offer the cure. It disgusts me.
It reminded me of one of Kurt Vonnegut's takes on Christianity (from Slaughterhouse 5 IIRC). In that account the story of Jesus encourages the listener to say of the Romans, "They sure lynched the wrong guy!" the problem being, that if it is wrong to lynch Jesus, the Son of God, then it must be right or okay to lynch someone else. IIRC there was a suggested change where Jesus is actually just a random jerk, and God adopts him as a son after the fact in order to make a point more like "What you do to the least of your brothers, you do to me," or "Don't lynch anybody!"

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

lonesagi wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
lonesagi wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:When I go to Meyers's blog, all I do is read his latest posts to ensure I am up to date on the lies. and then scan the "recent comments" sidebar to see if Nerd of Redhead has commented.

Does anyone else have a favorite blogger/commenter who they stalk and harass in this way?
Just you, ConcentratedH2O, just you....
Ah well, some of us have to dip a toe into the slimy waters of FfTB, so that the rest of you can stay informed. And the Nerd thing is just a hobby: his comments are so seriously fucked up, and so often target the wrong person because he has limited comprehension skills, they are a joy to read.
Since the Pharyngulanas are dead, I'm kind of hoping to see the epic battle between Steersman and Nerd. Citation needed vs. Citation provided. Jan Steen?
Rock-em Sock-em Robots might be a good template for that.

http://wackorobot.com/wp-content/upload ... robots.jpg

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

- Shelley

Did I forget to link that earlier?

"She" emailed me at my website asking permission to use the Chat room, so "she" could talk to pitters. I told "her" the last pitter to use our Chat was WoolyBumblebee over 4 months ago and "she" would probably not see anyone. Anyway, "she" registered and sat in Chat all the first day, before logging out and never returning.

I took the time to Google "her" email addy and ran across the above blog and really meant to link it here, seems it slipped my mind.

Lsuoma: I'd be interested to know if "her" IP matched what I have from Atheists Today. A different geographical area would lead one to believe "she" might just be a troll.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

LMU wrote:
Jack wrote:Oh just to add, I found one of their casual racist and sexist tweets earlier. I think I'll start collecting them, maybe material for a blog or something. They do it all the time and no one pulls them on it.
If you make a blog post, please feel free to link it in the museum. If you don't make a blog, feel free to collect them in the museum anyway :)
Will do:)

decius

Post by decius »

Apples

curse my shyness

Post by Apples »

Sorry Lsuoma - can't resist.
Eucliwoo wrote:I do have a habit of having more and more to say when I'm frustrated, but I didn't end up adding anything to the emails I sent.

I sent him TWO more fucking emails that he absolutely deserved and now it's "a ton of mail." Originally a couple of days ago I decided to give up on asking, but he's not happy with that.

It may seem a bit passionate to other people, the exact email I sent him, about what he said to me on a forum to people who may show up around on comments in places, but I simply cannot tolerate being lied about or thought of as doing things I never did. It angers me, a hell of a lot. I would go to great lengths just to prove to someone that they were wrong, or correct them on something. That's just how I am.

I still haven't forgiven the woman who carelessly accused me of being involved in BEATING her small son 4 years ago. Hate the bitch. I've forgiven her son who first accused us, though. The little liar.

So, as long as I exist and know of you, get your story straight, or you'll be hearing from me. Unless you're a stranger & it takes place offline. I would just give you dirty looks when you're not looking and curse my shyness. My message to the world, rofl.

I noticed he's told people I said I was done messaging him. I think he's referring to the very email in which I explain I'm done asking him to come back, but that now I have ANOTHER issue with him. It's like he never read my fucking email. Then, when he gets my next one with updated ranting for him, he'll tell the forum that I totally went back on my "word" to leave him alone.

No, you don't get peace, not when you're spreading bullshit claims, anyway. You say things like that and you get shit from me. That's just how it is.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 963971.jpg
http://slymepitintrom.blogspot.ca/2013/ ... le-im.html

Apples

Post by Apples »

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

'.......but I simply cannot tolerate being lied about or thought of as doing things I never did. It angers me, a hell of a lot. I would go to great lengths just to prove to someone that they were wrong, or correct them on something. That's just how I am.'

Alarm bells..danger Will Robinson.

I get lied about often, we all do. But some have not learned to let it go.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Apples wrote:Setar just went Full Setar again:
And, um...I can't help but see the similarities between Fascist organizations and the Slymepit. It's like the 'pitters are the internet equivalent of Fascist reactionaries like Golden Dawn -- or, hell, the early Nazis (OH NOES, I REFERENCED TEH NAZIS).
I like e4e5's response there - unfortunately, given that he/she has only made 21 posts, I'm expecting a due bannination from the mods for daring to question the authority of Setar's longish hair.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Tigzy wrote:
I like e4e5's response there - unfortunately, given that he/she has only made 21 posts, I'm expecting a due bannination from the mods for daring to question the authority of Setar's longish hair.

OOps and I have no issue with what he says as being called immature is fine, it's his opinion. Ban inc.

JAB

Post by JAB »

Mr Danksworth wrote:

Yeah, I had thought the death was a metaphor for the move to ftb from sb with a new tank and the deletion of the comments on sb. The bannings and flounces too. I figured there'd be a new tank (ftb) and a new bunch of fish... because there's always a new bunch of fish.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Haha, yes!
"Hi, I'm Steersman."
"Citation needed, idjit fuckwit."
"Er, well, that's the name I've given myself. There's no official record, but I suppose I could..."
"Citation needed. Peer-reviewed publications only, try Google Scholar, presuppositional loser."
"No, listen, this is a created name, it is not recorded in any government papers, I mean this is the internet so I..."
"Citation needed, liberturd fuckwit, otherwise all you have is OPINION and no EVIDENCE, so you can be *SPLADOOSH* dismissed as a liberturd idjit fuckwitted Republican misogynist Meyers Rebecca Watson sexism...Youtube...*splutter*...women...porcupine...*fizz*...*spark*...scientific literature...citation...*bang*...*terminal error in Nerd software*...
*giggles*

I had many encounters with him and they always went like this. When I told him that "his side" is making the claims so in best Nerd spirit would have to bring evidence for them, he wasn't seen for days. Presumably after a factory reset, he came back and asked where my evidence is. Maybe I should try to confuse him some more. It is however, not seen as funny to counter Nerd with his own weapons. As usual, the standard rules of interaction at FfTB come out in a way that protect their idiosyncracies. Effectively, Nerd, ironically, never needs to back up any points as when you ask him to bring evidence, it will automatically be seen as making fun of him.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Except the phrase is "cunning as a shit-house rat" and that only applies to RW.
crazier than a shit-house rat

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Submariner wrote:

OK. No one link to my videos, it's an attack on me. /jeez
OK, we won't.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

I'm sure this has been discussed but it makes me laugh every time over at A+:

New User: Hi everyone. I heard you were for Social Justice, Humanism and sticking up for people. You sound like really decent people.

Mod: Hi New User. Here's a of 9 links you must read and memorise before you proceed. Failure to do so will result in your
extermination
banning. Please also note that we reserve the right to make stuff up as we go so we can kick you out after lots of abuse. Have a pleasant stay!!!!

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4149

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Lsuoma wrote:

- Shelley

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ, that girl needs some help. I'm glad she doesn't know my address (1080 W. Addison, Chicago, IL).
I think this part at the bottom of the page is the creepy bit:

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/9704 ... d366d4.png

Dave

Post by Dave »

ERV wrote:
ButterCup wrote:https://twitter.com/rebeccawatson/statu ... 6681465857
****IMAGESNIP******

So, are SJWs ALLOWED to be friends with the person who started Fark.com?
I would think he would be high up on their ever expanding shit list.
Famous successful people Twatson has not been introduced to: Some rude, weird, bro (her words).

Famous successful people Twatson has been introduced to: PALS!!! See, Im not a factory standard bitch who got caught using her factory standard bitch moves against a famous successful geek I mistook for a normie! I TOTALLY knew who he was. For REALZ. And look at these famous successful geek PALS I have! I am such a famous successful geek too!! SMERG!!
Someone upthread mentioned a review of the panel where RW was referred to as "the feminist chick." These people are nobodies outside of their narrow little circle-jerk. Those tweets were RW yelling, "I AM SOMEONE! PEOPLE KNOW ME! I AM RELEVANT!" in response to the yawning, "Who was that rude idiot?" reaction she got.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

I held joining here by a week or so due to Eucliwoods posts, something was not right. With people like that you have to totally disengage but while one or two 'pitters here keep talking to him/her (such as at Nugents) that won't happen. I have doubts about her age and sex as well for that matter.

AndrewV69

Re: curse my shyness

Post by AndrewV69 »

Apples wrote:Sorry Lsuoma - can't resist.
Eucliwoo wrote:I do have a habit of having more and more to say when I'm frustrated, but I didn't end up adding anything to the emails I sent.

I sent him TWO more fucking emails that he absolutely deserved and now it's "a ton of mail." Originally a couple of days ago I decided to give up on asking, but he's not happy with that.

It may seem a bit passionate to other people, the exact email I sent him, about what he said to me on a forum to people who may show up around on comments in places, but I simply cannot tolerate being lied about or thought of as doing things I never did. It angers me, a hell of a lot. I would go to great lengths just to prove to someone that they were wrong, or correct them on something. That's just how I am.

I still haven't forgiven the woman who carelessly accused me of being involved in BEATING her small son 4 years ago. Hate the bitch. I've forgiven her son who first accused us, though. The little liar.

So, as long as I exist and know of you, get your story straight, or you'll be hearing from me. Unless you're a stranger & it takes place offline. I would just give you dirty looks when you're not looking and curse my shyness. My message to the world, rofl.

I noticed he's told people I said I was done messaging him. I think he's referring to the very email in which I explain I'm done asking him to come back, but that now I have ANOTHER issue with him. It's like he never read my fucking email. Then, when he gets my next one with updated ranting for him, he'll tell the forum that I totally went back on my "word" to leave him alone.

No, you don't get peace, not when you're spreading bullshit claims, anyway. You say things like that and you get shit from me. That's just how it is.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 963971.jpg
http://slymepitintrom.blogspot.ca/2013/ ... le-im.html
Her platform, her voice, her version of events.

I am sure some here have experienced the frustration of not being able to state their case, offer rebuttal, perspective and state their version of events?

So, I am not going to deride her for setting down her vision in a place where she can freely state them, especially as she is denied the ability to do so here.

What is sauce for the goose and all that. Fair is fair.

YMMV

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

bhoytony wrote:
Submariner wrote:

OK. No one link to my videos, it's an attack on me. /jeez
OK, we won't.
Thanks. bhoytony is officially an A+ ally to me.

The rest of you cunts.....I'm still watching you.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Its the "organizations" that throws me here. OK, he wants to call us fascist, thats just run of the mill crazy looking to demonize his enemies, see that all the time on the internet (hence Mike Godwin's maxim). But no, somehow in his deranged imagination, a loose collection of people who frequent a particular message board have become like a paramilitary organizations.

Personally, I dont care how many thumbscrews and bamboo shoots you use, I will not salute Reichsleiter Lsuoma. (Or maybe I will, given the salute around here is likely an extended digit.)

Apples

well, that escalated quickly

Post by Apples »

Mr. 'die in a fire' Wowbagger goes full Setar:
http://i.imgur.com/LAAqpzI.jpg

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

More from the Fps Russian guy: https://twitter.com/TheFPShow

This!
skunkdog.jpeg
(93.73 KiB) Downloaded 226 times