Ericb wrote:
Eskarina wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:
Reap wrote:Freethought Blogs: Join us in a downward spiral
Freethought Blogs: Taking over the world by ignoring it
Freethought Blogs: What do you expect? It's free
Freethought Blogs: We don't need no stinking dictionary

The possibilities are literally endless....
Good ones! Especially that last one.
I prefer the penultimate.
What a bourgeois concept.

I prefer:

Freethought Blogs: We do your thinking for you!

You should give it a more positive spin; Freethought Blogs: We think so you don't have to!
Or rather,"we don't think, so you don't have to either!"

Pitchguest

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Pitchguest »

The fuck?

Aratina Cage, the person who said on Nugent's that we should be more "charitable", says we all get to decide for ourselves what personal information we get to leak about other people.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-556379

It's amazing. In their defense of just revealing someone's personal information against her wishes, they say "stop saying nasty shit about us and we won't have any reason to find out who you people are." In other words, Skep isn't the victim here. They are.

Not to mention, isn't that exactly the reasoning for AVfM's "Register-Her" for which they REPEATEDLY denigrated? That "feminists" or women are saying nasty things, hence they deserve to be called out? I guess Nietzsche was right: gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

deLurch wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:And for the record, when has Skep harassed anyone? In fact, when have any of us?
For the record, Skep tickle did in fact disagree with Ophelia. If that doesn't count as heinous harassment I don't know what does.
And I hope that's the kind of thing that Gurdur's efforts are desinged to stamp out. Amongst all the reasonable people that is. No-one here, naturally.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Ape+lust wrote:Hi, all. Fell off the planet into a bucket of shit for a while. It's good to see you again.

http://i.imgur.com/OKQ9h90.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/biZQsVb.jpg
Hoo-ray! Ape+lust is back!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:I saw this:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-556372

The slimy turd was doxxed here? By whom?

And for the record, when has Skep harassed anyone? In fact, when have any of us?
He was touting his oolon.co.uk site here a few months back and someone did a whois registry search on it and found out his name.
As far as I recall the person who did that was criticised by almost everyone and despite the fact that it was piss easy to find his real name, we've stuck to using 'oolon' (or more recently, 'Candiru')
I think he even openly uses his real name on his oolon blog so even a whois search was unnecessary.

I regard the oolon case as a poor example of doxxing, which should really take a little more effort than reading the name from someones personal website.
Funny how he keeps mentioning Mykeru's doxxing as a bad example, when he says Mykeru had his name on the bottom of the page on his old - though maybe he didn't before he was doxxed in 2005? And if the slimy turd has had that "About Me" page all along, then he's an even bigger idiot than Anthony K.

But they seem to have selective amnesia when it comes to denizens of the 'Pit condemning doxxing tactics.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

I love how Ophelia, Colon and several others are completely convinced that Joanne York is Skep Tickle. Where's their evidence? Isn't that one of the basic principles we're supposed to have as atheists and skeptics... having evidence for our beliefs. Where's their evidence?

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

I posted in that nym thread of Aunt Ophelia. Free Thought Information control dictates that it must be approved by an approved Free Thought Officer first, as usual (i.e. won't show up). Because of that, I usually don't like to waste too much time.

I just quoted Pz Myers, with a minor change and added that we are against harassment and stalking and in fact, some had trouble with it here as well.
Why a Nym wrote:
Modified Myers Quote wrote:I’m also fed up with the binary thinking these vermin propagate. You know, there are more possibilities than that you live like Salman Rushdie, hiding from a fatwah urging religious fanatics to murder you, and living in complete anonymity, unknown to wackjobs. One can also be moderately well known and take simple precautions like not posting your home address, without serious concerns that a determined hit squad is trying to track you down. That someone doesn’t have armed guards around their house does not imply that they haven’t been threatened. But apparently, even a grad student who blogs now and then is considered fair game for veiled threats by the FTBers.

Isn’t it amazing that the reactionary authoritarians of FtB are now coming full circle to be almost as threatening to those they oppose as the Islamists? Same silencing tactics, same cowardly threats

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Ha! :D

Welcome back Ape+lust.
Thanks, DS. I've been looking in for the past few days and see that the nitwits have added CFI to the list of orgs they've fucked over (Lindsay was the last guy I ever expected to push back). That's one less blurb for the "Happy Atheist" this August. Sheesh.

LMU

Post by LMU »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Freethought Blogs: Using Racism and sexism to combat the racists and sexists.
Ha! That's what they think they're doing, though they wouldn't describe it that way because, "It's not murder when you kill an unperson." But I think this might be more accurate: Freethought Blogs: Using racism and sexism to combat people who disagree with us.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

jjbinx007 wrote:I love how Ophelia, Colon and several others are completely convinced that Joanne York is Skep Tickle. Where's their evidence? Isn't that one of the basic principles we're supposed to have as atheists and skeptics... having evidence for our beliefs. Where's their evidence?
Ophelia sniffed out a couple of Wally Smith's nyms with just suspicion and luck. She's probably certain her instincts are bulletproof.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:Hoo-ray! Ape+lust is back!
Arigato, friend! :D

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

I'm not going to let this stand. I just sent an email to Nugent where I detailed what Ophelia had done, and PZ too enabling her behaviour, and I asked if he would condone it.

These are speakers, after all, invited to attend by Nugent. To be able to just doxx someone with impunity is just despicable.

I mean, Reap didn't doxx Anthony K. He linked Brownian to his real name, to a group named Pharyngula on AN, and he said himself his real name is Anthony three years prior to his so-called "doxxing." And if it turns out that the slimy turd had an "About Me" page all along, with his real name attached, then he's just as dim as Brownian. Skep did not, as far as I know, reveal anything of the sort, in public, and weren't "out" until Ophelia and her cohorts decided she should be. That is vile.

tfoot

Post by tfoot »

On the 'how much impact does pharyngula still have' question raised a page or two back.

The "DONORS CHOOSE CHALLENGE" on his front page hasnt changed one cent for the entire of this year (STILL on $17 177).

The comments on his blog also seem to be way down to the point where he rarely gets more than 100 comments on a post. (although it might just be me not paying too much attention!)

His two best on his current front page are:
"Manufactured outrage" (209 comments) and a post about the new star trek movie (107 comments)

... and at the crest of this huge wave of apathetic indifference.... he's going to release his book!
-couldnt happen to a nicer guy! ;-)

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Great stuff Strawkins, Ape, others.

These are weak. Can't win 'em all.

http://i.imgur.com/D1ezwBz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6ixQSHY.jpg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Jan Steen wrote:http://i.imgur.com/9U2NAFT.jpg

"They would try to get us fired, if we had a job."
*SNERK*

I put a pic in the gallery... and holy fuckballs, you and Gumby are machines! PZ's wrecking crew must be beyond sick of you two.

Well done, guys. Well done!

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Freethought Blogs: Using Racism and sexism to combat the racists and sexists.
I think it's a mistake to target the network as a whole. There are a few decent blogger there - Maryam Namazie, Mano Singham, even Ally Fogg is showing some degree of intellectual independence - althought I have a feeling he has an unspoken agenda that is not going to be to Peezus and Ophelia's liking.
There's only really about five or six that make it a point to concentrate on the drama.
We need a better term to describe them.
They called us 'slimers'.
The very least we can do is return the compliment by thinking up a moniker for them that lets people know what to expect.
And this is why I read the 'Pit so religiously (for wont of a better word).

The natural dissent here is great. The last several pages here show that nothing is disallowed; nothing and no-one is sacred - their arguments are judged on their merits. Play the ball not the man/woman/person. As opposed to the strict group think at those unmentionable places.

I'm sure you'll all excuse me (or not care either way), but I've had a fucking shit week - those idiots have no idea what Patriarchy actually means. The shit that we've been going through they would melt in less than one moment and cave just to end it all. Try battling a barrister (ex-partner) for custody of the kids you've looked after for years. Actually, try thinking about what life might be like after your early twenties you idiot fem bots. What, no rider Bec? Well isn't life tough? What, you mean you actually have to put effort in? Shit what a downer.

Seriously, I've had a fantastic night with my girl (a Sociology major who works on the front line with and for people these idiots would probably spit on if they thought it would get them somewhere), had quite a few drinks and a great jam with some amazingly nice people. Apologies if I rant but she has done all the neo-feminism, anti-oppressive, Marxism/Feminism, Modernist theory stuff. I'd love to get her on here to have a yarn with you people but I have a vague feeling she's too busy. She does laugh a lot, though, when I bring this place up.

She laughs at the baboons. In fact, she shakes her head and wonders aloud whether or not these people live in an alternate universe.

Anyway, thanks people. Cheers and apologies for the disjointed blah...

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

Has this page been written by Colon?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Freethought_Blogs

I can't help but marvel at its impartial and purely objective tone and point of view, delivering only facts and not personal bias.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

PZ losing influence in regards to 'poll crashing'

He links a poll from the Telegraph concerning global warming
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/enviro ... rming.html

at the time of PZ's post, the poll stats are
http://i.imgur.com/vPMiblB.jpg

the poll stats are now
http://i.imgur.com/RgwYqb6.jpg

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Ape+lust wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:http://i.imgur.com/9U2NAFT.jpg

"They would try to get us fired, if we had a job."
*SNERK*

I put a pic in the gallery... and holy fuckballs, you and Gumby are machines! PZ's wrecking crew must be beyond sick of you two.

Well done, guys. Well done!
Great to see you back Ape+Lust. Now the evil photoshoppers are at full strength again.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

So I'd read this brief article on Giant Bomb about the game 999 coming out on Ipad, and was skimming through the comments when a picture of the game caught my eye. I don't think I need to say any more.

https://dyingunderalienstars.files.word ... 05/999.jpg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

Meh. I don't have a pic hosting site and have no idea how to upload one anyway ) so imagine, if you will the PZ pic with the following caption:

"My Ass Hurts

Thanks Beccy"

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

jjbinx007 wrote:Has this page been written by Colon?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Freethought_Blogs

I can't help but marvel at its impartial and purely objective tone and point of view, delivering only facts and not personal bias.
Disregarding the god-awful writing and inappropriate style; there's a section on the site's ads, and it comes first!? :?

cunt

Post by cunt »

justinvacula wrote: the poll stats are now
Ugh, the Telegraph readers...
rayj
18 hours ago
Global warming. Its damn cold!!

Recommended by 15 people

foxie
17 hours ago
Even my bees think it's too cold to forage at 10ºC… it's June the day after tomorrow.

Recommended by 11 people

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Hemisphere

Post by Hemisphere »

cunt wrote:
rayj
18 hours ago

Recommended by 15 people

foxie
17 hours ago
Even my bees think it's too cold to forage at 10ºC… it's June the day after tomorrow.

Recommended by 11 people
The Telegraph asks "Are humans responsible for global warming?". It's climate change. Not global warming. They couldn't even get the question right.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Skep tickle wrote:
Reap wrote:Freethought Blogs: Join us in a downward spiral
Freethought Blogs: Taking over the world by ignoring it
Freethought Blogs: What do you expect? It's free
Freethought Blogs: We don't need no stinking dictionary

The possibilities are literally endless....
Good ones! Especially that last one.
The Slymepit: Free Speech is a right, not a privilege.
Freethought Blogs: Don't Make Us Come Over There
Freethought Blogs: Bullies Are People Too
Freethought Blogs: Over 100 Billion Banned
Freethought Blogs: Because Justice Is Deaf Too

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Dick Strawkins wrote:http://i.imgur.com/enlcH4B.jpg
She's thinking that right now, I'm sure. She's gonna scream and poke her eyes out when she sees that pic.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Gumby wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Nice. Real respect for humanity being shown here.

Meyers just went to see the latest Star Trek film. He didn't like it.
This movie was so stupid it was stillborn with acephaly.
Oh, you pernicious, poisonous, perverted little mermaid-fantasizing shit. You dribble of cum from the cock of McCreight's hobo stalker. You fetid grease from beneath Svan's tits. You salty sweat from the phallic head of Laden.

You cunt.
I have yet to see Myers say he liked a sci-fi film (or TV series). He really puts on his unbearable pedantic snob getup when he discusses sci-fi. He thinks sci-fi should all be based in real science, and thinks that things like adding a "whoosh" sound when a spaceship goes by are absolutely horrible because they mislead the children or something. He doesn't seem to get that sci-fi entertainment is largely fantasy. Harry Potter isn't realistic either but I don't see him making a fuss how scientifically unrealistic those books/movies are.

I enjoyed the Star Trek movie very much, because I know what it is - a piece of escapist entertainment that tells a fun story, not to be taken all that seriously. I can see PZ in the audience, grumpily harumphing every time futuristic tech is invoked that doesn't strictly mirror our current understanding of science. He is an unimaginative clod.

Personally, given the fact that Star Trek is on his list of all-time bad sci-fi, I find it hard to believe he saw it in the first place. Maybe he felt the need to feel superior about something.
I thought his review was funny, and most of his points are perfectly valid.

What bugs me is that there's not the least difference in tone between Myers ranting about honour killings of Islamic women, and Myers ranting about the new Star Trek movie. The guy has only On/Off, no Volume. And certainly no equalizers.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Apples wrote:
Submariner wrote:Appropriate to my twitter exchange with Dean Esmay about the "Register Her" site (see my blog and twitter feed) I discovered this Men's advocacy site. This is how it should be done:

http://walkamileinhisshoes.com/
Certainly seems more mild than AVfM, though the background image on the homepage is pretty campy:

http://walkamileinhisshoes.com/images/slide-03.jpg
The photographer in me admires how they got the tie to fly out.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Nah. It's about her uncool jeans.
And the schyzophrenia indicator: cigarette!
I like that she still keeps her filthy filthy wrists demurely covered. I mean, there's activism, and then there's just bad taste.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

cunt

Post by cunt »

Hemisphere wrote:
cunt wrote:
rayj
18 hours ago

Recommended by 15 people

foxie
17 hours ago

Recommended by 11 people
The Telegraph asks "Are humans responsible for global warming?". It's climate change. Not global warming. They couldn't even get the question right.
Yeah, and I'm sure that was intentional, seeing as they unnecessarily split the "yes" vote too.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Jan Steen wrote:
LMU wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
Aneris wrote:Hey, Jan Steen. How about making a dedicated thread for the Pharyngulanhas, makes it easier to link to them for outsiders...

See, I already made half the work. You just have to split them into a few separate posts...

Your wish is my command. Pharyngulanhas topic started here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=318
Thanks Jan!
You're welcome. It's ironic that an actual Pharyngulanha named Sad Panda left a negative comment right away. I'm guessing Sad Panda = Josh the Official Spokesgay.* :lol:

* My admittedly flimsy evidence: It's his writing style and he called himself a Sad Panda in this thread: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010 ... s-not-pay/
Thanks Jan!

Corylus

Post by Corylus »

Zenspace wrote:
rayshul wrote:Quietly amazed that Skep Tickle has drawn fire. And is being doxxed or threatened with doxxing. Can't think of anyone who's been more moderate and calm in the fray, and more open to discussing dialogue.

What has been Nugent's position on this, by the way? The "dialogue" he proposed seems to have wound up in threats and silencing tactics from FtB's side.
It truly is an astounding example of just how broken the whole FftB group is, that such a well mannered and intelligent commenter would receive that sort of over-the-top abuse and blackmailing threats from them. More so when in Skeptic Tickles case the comments are made by someone uniquely qualified to contribute to that particular conversation.

Of course, what we see is that it isn't about the conversation or the dialog, it is about their desperate victim narrative and don't anyone dare mess with that narrative OR ELSE!! :o

I would take it further than Nugent - you have to wonder what the CFI people would make of that exchange as well.
I am hit by the depressing thought that the politeness and the calm might have had something to do with it.

Ever had to tell someone that it might be a good plan if they cut down on the booze/stop smoking/ limit certain substance intake/ not spend so much betting on the horses/ reduce their daily intake of pies?

The response to this is only occasionally: “Oh I do see what you mean, old chum, I shall book my self into rehab / therapy / a health spa forthwith! Thanks so much for pointing it out.”

No sireee, the reaction is often rather more explosive than that. In fact, the more reasonable / qualified / experienced / polite you are the worse the explosion can be. For you are more of a threat that way and you are harder to dismiss. We can protect our conditioned, ingrained, behaviour patterns very harshly. N.B. Whether or not I am correct about this this (just a hypothesis) I must stress this is not an excuse. Ophelia's behaviour has been unconscionable.

Anyway, I must agree with your point about victim narrative. I put a great deal of the problem down to a general drama addiction rather than a nice sensible addiction like gambling or pies.

-=-=-=-

Ophelia – if you are reading. I really find it depressing how much my view of you has changed. You used to work hard and produced some good material on things I think important, such as battling epistemological relativism and the religiously mandated violence towards, and oppression of, women. Look at you now. Doxxing a woman who works hard helping people: someone who expressed concern for your well-being.

Shocking.

I wonder, all those friends that you used to have - but have no longer - did they stop being friends after an argument caused by their patronisingly and unjustifiably talking about 'helping you'? You know what they say about those failed relationships we all have in our pasts? They say that “the common denominator is ourselves.”

Oh, and with regard to your preference for IRL names when commenting, please have a care that you do not frighten away your own (target) audience. A media expert (Danah Boyd) on how

Real name policies are an abuse of power.

From the article ….
What’s most striking is the list of people who are affected by “real names” policies, including abuse survivors, activists, LGBT people, women, and young people.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

jjbinx007 wrote:
I love how Ophelia, Colon and several others are completely convinced that Joanne York is Skep Tickle. Where's their evidence? Isn't that one of the basic principles we're supposed to have as atheists and skeptics... having evidence for our beliefs. Where's their evidence?
Their "evidence" is that Joanne York had "inside info" that Batshit Benson contacted ST using a different email address than the one she used to post on B&W. Except, ST revealed that here before Joanne York posted, and it may have made rounds on twitter as well (I don't follow it too closely so I don't know for sure).

some guy

Post by some guy »

That's just perfect! You win, Gefan.

LMU

Post by LMU »

some guy wrote:
That's just perfect! You win, Gefan.
That was a good one. I also liked Aneris'.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

AnonymousCowherd wrote: Happy? I'm so verklampt I could plotz!
Dammit! Nords, Krauts, Frogs, Romans, fucking Greeks! Why can't you leave English alone!
I thought it was the other way around. English is the language that unashamedly mugs other languages in broad daylight. Why do you think it has so many words in it? In many cases It does not even bother to change them in the slightest.

Lookit!

French words ripped off by English:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_En ... nch_origin

Sanskrit words thieved by English
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_E ... rit_origin

Urdu and Hindi words kidnapped by English
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_E ... rdu_origin

German loan words my arse! They were abducted!
http://german.about.com/library/blvoc_gerloan.htm

English is rich because it stole from the Germans:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... in_English

English has raped ever other language in the fucken world!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_ ... _of_origin

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

New piece!

Amanda Marcotte refuses to honor her own debate challenge

http://www.skepticink.com/justinvacula/ ... challenge/

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

justinvacula wrote:New piece!

"This before-mentioned ‘strategy’ is quite apparent whether the person utilizing it is Ophelia Benson, Rebecca Watson, Anita Sarkessian, Ophelia Benson, Amanda Marcotte, Jamie Kilstein, or PZ Myers."

Intentional, or a typo?

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Shit, hit submit accidentally.

http://www.vanden-eykel.com/freepussy.jpg

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

AndrewV69 wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote: Happy? I'm so verklampt I could plotz!
Dammit! Nords, Krauts, Frogs, Romans, fucking Greeks! Why can't you leave English alone!
I thought it was the other way around. English is the language that unashamedly mugs other languages in broad daylight. Why do you think it has so many words in it? In many cases It does not even bother to change them in the slightest.

Lookit!

French words ripped off by English:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_En ... nch_origin

Sanskrit words thieved by English
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_E ... rit_origin

Urdu and Hindi words kidnapped by English
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_E ... rdu_origin

German loan words my arse! They were abducted!
http://german.about.com/library/blvoc_gerloan.htm

English is rich because it stole from the Germans:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... in_English

English has raped ever other language in the fucken world!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_ ... _of_origin
Levi's® pron. LEE-vyes Levi Strauss (1829-1902) Named for the German-born inventor of jeans
Hamburgers....
Disney's Grimm's fairytales...
Werner von Braun who shot you to the moon...

Schachmatt! Amerikaner!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Lsuoma wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:
Not surprisingly he did not appear to react positively to this, said that all the people on the other side of the Rift post awful crude things like photoshopping his head onto gay porn.
I do not recall seeing PeeZuss Christ in gay porn myself. Someone have a link thingy?
Discussed somewhere upthread. A troll linked to PeeZus and Grag Laden shopped onto gay porn at one of Nugnut's discussion threads. *I* pointed it out and it was removed.

Ah yes now I remember. Thanks.

However, I am going to argue it can not be considered an official slymepitter photoshop.

Surely even Surly Amy would agree?

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Metalogic42 wrote:

"This before-mentioned ‘strategy’ is quite apparent whether the person utilizing it is Ophelia Benson, Rebecca Watson, Anita Sarkessian, Ophelia Benson, Amanda Marcotte, Jamie Kilstein, or PZ Myers."

Intentional, or a typo?
Fixed. It get names mixed up because they all appear so similar....

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Skep tickle wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: See if you can spot what the women-empowering FfTB network is too cowardly to show:

http://i.imgur.com/cBMM8Fr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/E9aM8BS.jpg
Her belly button?
Yeah, that was something. Men make this strong, independent woman cover her body! We've blurred out her nipples in the photo alongside the story about how awful their attempts are to stifle her choice about displaying her own body!
(Reposted because .. not a bad looking rack if you ask me)

To me the question is unanswered. Why were the nipples airbrushed? I am not so sure the motive is based on cowardice. What exactly is there to fear?

I am being serious. Why are her nipples a problem?

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

justinvacula wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:

Intentional, or a typo?
You also forgot to mention the crown prince of debate weasels: NephilimFree.

[youtube]VdSpR6TF3og[/youtube]

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Metalogic42 wrote:
justinvacula wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:

Intentional, or a typo?
You also forgot to mention the crown prince of debate weasels: NephilimFree.

[youtube]VdSpR6TF3og[/youtube]
Wisen up, indeed.

[youtube]Xe8KzXEsT04[/youtube]

cunt

Post by cunt »

Why do I get the feeling that all these photoshops are going to star in their own FTB thread. Slymepitters willing to erase the plights of the underprivileged just to harass us some more.

It practically writes itself.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

deLurch wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:And for the record, when has Skep harassed anyone? In fact, when have any of us?
For the record, Skep tickle did in fact disagree with Ophelia. If that doesn't count as heinous harassment I don't know what does.
Can't keep up but wanted to say, I have been 'guilty' of using snark & sarcasm. When reasonable discussion is not allowed, the options are to go away & leave the podium to them, shut up, or forge ahead in a way that is somehow different than reasonable discussion. There are many possible approaches in that "different" category. Snark is where I find myself going.

Am 75% sure I'm going to "come out" but I need 2-3 days to think through potential consequences, etc.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Skep tickle wrote:One more thing - I opened the section about my interaction with PZ with this, in bold:
More personal testimony from me, which of course may not reflect what an "impartial observer" might have seen and may not at all reflect PZ's experience of our conversation: ...
So, yeah, I "claimed he was mad". Sure, that's exactly what I did. :roll:
Some months ago, before PZ's unemployable clone Christ Clarke banned me from Pharyngula, I commented on a post PZ wrote describing his exhausting schedule of work to airport to con. I asked if maybe he was getting burnt out, as he sounded a bit out of it on his most recent interview with Reap Paden.
He replied something to the effect of- Erm.. that wasn't me on the interview and he never tires of his activity because his anger is a never ending fuel for his activity.
Either PZ is talking out of both sides of his mouth or he mellowed out in the time between my comment and your meeting with him.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Dick Strawkins wrote:http://i.imgur.com/enlcH4B.jpg
I don't know.

Bensons's original sign is just perfect. If I had her with me, I'd be gyrating all the time to make sure she doesn't backstab me.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

I saw they're showing Boondock Saints today on TV, and it just hit me. This scene describes the FtB/Skepchick/A+ crowd to a tee, down to the insults and the victim complex.

It's uncanny.