Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
ReneeHendricks

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by ReneeHendricks »

sacha wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:
The way Ophelia goes on about it, you'd think she's in REAL DANGER of being put in a room with Renee and other 'Pytters, and expected to exchange real physical blows...
clearly she knows about this: http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 855#p90855
The threat of removing knickers and bras. Ok, I think I might sit that one out.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:Will she or won't she flounce out of the meeting?

Has to be one of the whiniest whinges in FtB history, though.

freezepage

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... -response/

Plumbs the depths of self-absorption and self-pity, really.
I am laughing my ass off! The comments and crap regarding me are freaking hilarious!!!!
The narcissism in that post is enough to power a small country. Holy crap. She needs help.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Skep tickle wrote:Re Ophelia's "A response" post & comments: Wow.
Funny Diva
June 7, 2013 at 6:13 pm (UTC -7) Link to this comment

This is what jumped out and bopped me on the nose:
he [Nugent] has “experience of much more vicious conflicts”…
So, really, Ophelia, just, you know, knock it off with the DRAMA and OVERSENSITIVITY and PARANOIA already.
Because there are good people on both sides! Yet another penis-haver has said! So we know it’s trooooooo!

(parenthetical clarification in green added by me)
Penis-haver! Hahahahahahahahahaha!

sacha

Post by sacha »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
sacha wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:
The way Ophelia goes on about it, you'd think she's in REAL DANGER of being put in a room with Renee and other 'Pytters, and expected to exchange real physical blows...
clearly she knows about this: http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 855#p90855
The threat of removing knickers and bras. Ok, I think I might sit that one out.
it's just us that show up to the fight without undergarments or shoes, and Nectar decided we should wear pyjamas.

slymer-girls in pyjamas... better run, Ophie!

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Hunt wrote:For instance, if FtB explicitly says it will not sell or "transfer" personal information and then goes ahead and publishes it, is there a legal case against them?
In the US, it is at best a civil lawsuit for breech of contract. And you would have to find a lawyer that would even want to bother with it and someone to sue to make it worth that lawyers while. It would never fly.

However in Europe, privacy laws are far more protective of personal information collected. If they violated the privacy of a European user and then traveled to Europe, I don't know how well that would play out for them.

sacha

Post by sacha »

I could live in pyjama bottoms and an undershirt. I wear that uniform as much as possible

Whig

Post by Whig »

Do some of the FTbullies really want Lindsay fired? Reading over this article and even the comments this seems extremely weak tea.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/hallq/2013 ... us-attack/

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Pitchguest wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:

freezepage

I am laughing my ass off! The comments and crap regarding me are freaking hilarious!!!!
The narcissism in that post is enough to power a small country. Holy crap. She needs help.
This is sad to watch.

I don't wish her any ill. I mostly want the vilification and silencing of other people to stop, particularly by those with some power. Instead she's digging in deeper, with the help of her commenters.

Apparently a bunch of people (elsewhere, at least) thought my urging her to seek help was extraordinarily rude. :| Maybe some will start to rethink that assessment. I certainly hope someone she trusts can bring a similar message, even if it's only to back off from the internet for a while.

I hope for her sake that she finds a way for her to back down from where she's heading and regain some dignity and equanimity in the process. Lord knows how that might be achieved; in some cases, one's friends help, but that seems like kind of a long shot here (unless it's friends outside FtB/etc).

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Cunning Punt wrote:I offer to be put in a room with Renee Hendricks. I'm not afraid.
Kinda like this?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

By the way, we should definitely start up a fund to send Renee to Dublin now. That would probably send Opheliar over the edge.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

We need a Slymepit Poetry Slaym.

I swear to you by all that's holy
I want to lick your areolae
Atop your breasts so roly-poly
Soft and pink like ravioli.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Pitchguest wrote:By the way, we should definitely start up a fund to send Renee to Dublin now. That would probably send Opheliar over the edge.
LOL! Can you imagine the absolute freak-fest she'd have?!?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Skep tickle wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:

freezepage

This is sad to watch.

I don't wish her any ill. I mostly want the vilification and silencing of other people to stop, particularly by those with some power. Instead she's digging in deeper, with the help of her commenters.

Apparently a bunch of people (elsewhere, at least) thought my urging her to seek help was extraordinarily rude. :| Maybe some will start to rethink that assessment. I certainly hope someone she trusts can bring a similar message, even if it's only to back off from the internet for a while.

I hope for her sake that she finds a way for her to back down from where she's heading and regain some dignity and equanimity in the process. Lord knows how that might be achieved; in some cases, one's friends help, but that seems like kind of a long shot here (unless it's friends outside FtB/etc).
Yup. It may be time to stop feeding Ophelia's fantasies. It's been a fucking hilarious ride, but her relentless highlighting of "you all hate me" comments on the internet shows no sign of stopping, or even slowing. It all - says this internet cunt with zero medical training - would seem to constitute a psychological pathology. And perhaps we are contributing to its progression.

Should we have a moratorium on all mentions of OB for a week or two? Let her just work things out in a way which best suits her, so that she can deal with any problems she may be experiencing?

Just my bicential offering; for all I know she is perfectly sane, and nothing more than a jobless attention whore who needs to pay the bills and has developed a nice business model to do so ("They hate me! They want to kill me! Send me some money so I can protect myself!")

curriejean

Post by curriejean »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Should we have a moratorium on all mentions of OB for a week or two? Let her just work things out in a way which best suits her, so that she can deal with any problems she may be experiencing?
This is exactly the thing I was thinking last night. I'm not sure she's well. It's killed my ability to laugh at this facet of the situation.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Skep tickle wrote:This is sad to watch.

I agree, it's getting uncomfortable. She now even claims that Nugent's "thank you" is harassment. I laughed for a moment, but it actually really is problematic. For the record, I don't do anything I could dial down. I'm connected with most Slymepitters on Twitter and don't see that she is mentioned overly much. I agree, let's really leave her alone.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Before seeing Ophelia's latest blog post tonight, I had started this thread: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=323 quoting & linking to posts here that support claims of not-unreasonable posts not getting through moderation at her blog.

(Someone who had been pro-FtB but not really following the whole situation asked me if I could provide information to back up that claim, so I sent her the 24 links in an email.)

I"m inclined to continue, as it's documenting a pattern observed over time. And it's tucked a bit out of the way here. But someone please knock me upside the head if it seems too goading or something.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

(Just to add: obviously everyone gets to make his or her own decision about whether or not to adjust their approach in any way. I didn't mean to come across like a school marm.) (<- Alert: potentially sexist term)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Skep tickle wrote:(Just to add: obviously everyone gets to make his or her own decision about whether or not to adjust their approach in any way. I didn't mean to come across like a school marm.) (<- Alert: potentially sexist term)
*shrug*

I have no problem with not mentioning her for awhile myself.

I will leave it to others to judge what her mental state is seeing as I have no more than at best a theoretical understanding about humans in general.

cunt

Post by cunt »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Yup. It may be time to stop feeding Ophelia's fantasies. It's been a fucking hilarious ride, but her relentless highlighting of "you all hate me" comments on the internet shows no sign of stopping, or even slowing. It all - says this internet cunt with zero medical training - would seem to constitute a psychological pathology. And perhaps we are contributing to its progression.

Should we have a moratorium on all mentions of OB for a week or two? Let her just work things out in a way which best suits her, so that she can deal with any problems she may be experiencing?
Yeah. It's getting boring.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

You fuckers are hurting me. You realize that?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Skep tickle wrote:Before seeing Ophelia's latest blog post tonight, I had started this thread: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=323 quoting & linking to posts here that support claims of not-unreasonable posts not getting through moderation at her blog.

(Someone who had been pro-FtB but not really following the whole situation asked me if I could provide information to back up that claim, so I sent her the 24 links in an email.)

I"m inclined to continue, as it's documenting a pattern observed over time. And it's tucked a bit out of the way here. But someone please knock me upside the head if it seems too goading or something.
Not a bad idea, particularly as M. A. Melby over on Sinmantyx was challenging the Skeptic Women petition on the basis that there was no supporting evidence to justify some of the claims.

However, on looking at your separate thread, it seems that there are a great many similar cases on other blogs other than the ones you seem to be focusing on that took place on B&W, several of which I referenced in a comment on Sinmantyx.

But, in passing and somewhat relative to the above as well as to previous comments about Benson’s response to Nugent’s recent post, while I kind of sympathize with her over some of the cheap shots that have been directed her way, my impression from that response of hers is that, along the line of your own comments as well as those of several others here, I think that someone really needs to tell her that the issue is most definitely not all about her.

Also, changing gears somewhat, I thought I would mention that I referred to your final "outing" of your real name on Gurdur's blog in the context of correcting a bit of egregious propaganda from Oolon. Hope you don't mind and maybe Michael could delete the offending comments if you do, but I figured that since the cat was out of the bag it was more important to emphasize FftB's rather odious role in the contretemps.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

I disagree with the "back away from Ophelia" stance. It seems to constitute accommodating the tantrum of an unusually spoiled and petulant child, but, if that's the consensus I'll abide by it.

Besides, they never notice anything I do anyway.

Good luck calling off Luca Brasi, though.
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/35 ... 2abf8.jpeg

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Gefan wrote:
Who are you again?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

On a basic humanitarian stance, I'd agree with backing away from Benson. And to be fair, I don't attack her that much.

On the other hand, she has vilified and slandered (or libelled, whatever) so many people, I think she needs to shut down (not "up) for a little while, if only for her own good. She's making more and more enemies, while losing more and more friends. That can't be good for her.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

KiwiInOz wrote:
Gefan wrote:
Who are you again?
Probably Skep Tickle.

Or Franc...

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Gefan wrote:
Who are you again?
Probably Skep Tickle.

Or Franc...
Skep Tickle is Franc, remember?

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Gefan wrote:
Who are you again?
You know, I went to New Zealand once, but it was closed.

sacha

Post by sacha »

I just want to take a moment to objectify a character from Game of Thrones who has just appeared (I've only watched the first 3 episodes of season 3 - please keep spoilers to yourself)

mmmmm... the hair, beard, lined face, body (what I can tell with that armor on)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/744b8e8f6b54 ... o1_500.jpg

oh, and I want to be fair, so I think I'll objectify Lena Heady as well - so much sexier with dark hair - fuck's sake she's hot

http://www.frenchtoastsunday.com/wp-con ... Headey.jpg

now back to whatever the fuck the topic was before I interrupted with lustful thoughts... do carry on

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

sacha wrote:I just want to take a moment to objectify a character from Game of Thrones who has just appeared (I've only watched the first 3 episodes of season 3 - please keep spoilers to yourself)
Oh the Blackfish?

You get to like him and then he dies horribly, I think.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Dave2 wrote:
sacha wrote:I just want to take a moment to objectify a character from Game of Thrones who has just appeared (I've only watched the first 3 episodes of season 3 - please keep spoilers to yourself)
Oh the Blackfish?

You get to like him and then he dies horribly, I think.
of course he does, but until then, he's nice to watch

sacha

Post by sacha »

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

Dave2 wrote:You get to like him and then he dies horribly.
Best review of A Song of Ice and Fire ever written. You should be a literary critic.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Cunt of Personality wrote:
Dave2 wrote:You get to like him and then he dies horribly.
Best review of A Song of Ice and Fire ever written. You should be a literary critic.
Almost uncontrolable laughter here. Thanks!

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Gefan wrote:I disagree with the "back away from Ophelia" stance. It seems to constitute accommodating the tantrum of an unusually spoiled and petulant child, but, if that's the consensus I'll abide by it.
If people genuinely believe someone to be mentally ill, I would agree that you should not fuck with a person like that. It does not help their condition.

On the flip-side, there is a person in a social circle of mine that behaves very badly towards many people. I and a few other people had been letting it go because something seemed more than a little off with her. Another friend sat us down and explained to us that just constantly letting it go did her no favors as we were enabling her. By ignoring her bad behavior, she never saw any negative repercussions and never saw any negative feedback so she always thought what she did was fine. You still have to sit down and very simply explain what they did wrong and why it was wrong. It may take a while, but even the mentally challenged will get it.

With that said, I see way too many internet denizens make determinations that someone is mentally ill. Unless it is something really obvious such as suicidal behavior, none of you are qualified to make such a determination. And if you were qualified, you would not be making that assessment off of some internet posts.

Now with that said, none of you have noted signs of mental illness coming from Ophelia prior to the take off of the whole elevator gate fiasco. It would be very coincidental that she suddenly became this way now. I would suggest that she is now suffering from a bit of fanaticism which is being enabled the the current crowd that she hasn't pushed away from her.

I was planning to write a much larger post on this issue primarily addressed to another user here using Ophelia as an example warning. But I have a life, so I am not putting that much into this all the time. I'll get to it when I get to it. Let's just say that Nugent hinted at the correct solution in his response.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

deLurch wrote:
Gefan wrote:I disagree with the "back away from Ophelia" stance. It seems to constitute accommodating the tantrum of an unusually spoiled and petulant child, but, if that's the consensus I'll abide by it.
If people genuinely believe someone to be mentally ill, I would agree that you should not fuck with a person like that. It does not help their condition.

On the flip-side, there is a person in a social circle of mine that behaves very badly towards many people. I and a few other people had been letting it go because something seemed more than a little off with her. Another friend sat us down and explained to us that just constantly letting it go did her no favors as we were enabling her. By ignoring her bad behavior, she never saw any negative repercussions and never saw any negative feedback so she always thought what she did was fine. You still have to sit down and very simply explain what they did wrong and why it was wrong. It may take a while, but even the mentally challenged will get it.

With that said, I see way too many internet denizens make determinations that someone is mentally ill. Unless it is something really obvious such as suicidal behavior, none of you are qualified to make such a determination. And if you were qualified, you would not be making that assessment off of some internet posts.

Now with that said, none of you have noted signs of mental illness coming from Ophelia prior to the take off of the whole elevator gate fiasco. It would be very coincidental that she suddenly became this way now. I would suggest that she is now suffering from a bit of fanaticism which is being enabled the the current crowd that she hasn't pushed away from her.

I was planning to write a much larger post on this issue primarily addressed to another user here using Ophelia as an example warning. But I have a life, so I am not putting that much into this all the time. I'll get to it when I get to it. Let's just say that Nugent hinted at the correct solution in his response.
I agree with this. "Diagnosing" professional victimhood is fine. Actual mental illness is not.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

mmmmm... the hair, beard, lined face, body (what I can tell with that armor on)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/744b8e8f6b54 ... o1_500.jpg

oh, and I want to be fair, so I think I'll objectify Lena Heady as well - so much sexier with dark hair - fuck's sake she's hot

http://www.frenchtoastsunday.com/wp-con ... Headey.jpg

now back to whatever the fuck the topic was before I interrupted with lustful thoughts... do carry on
Meh. I think Jorah Mormont's better looking.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2nhg ... r2_500.jpg

He has two minor defects: he reminds me of Ridley Scott (on whose head I still have a contract for Prometheus) and I keep reading his name as Jorah Marmot.

Agree Heady looks better with dark hair, though. She's ferociously attractive with short dark hair as MaMa, the chief antagonist in Dredd.

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/Actor ... -30104.jpg

MaMa's a pure force of nature whereas Cersei's born into power and not nearly as smart as she thinks she is.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Over at "she who will not be named" Setár appears to be doxxing Eucliwood.

It's like Predator versus Alien.

[And some people, who will not be named, never learn.]

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-564375

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Jan Steen wrote:Over at "she who will not be named" Setár appears to be doxxing Eucliwood.

Ooooohhhh!!!! Doxxing a minor* female atheist! Well done Setar, you SJW you!

*If she still is. Should be 18 about now, and I hope she'll be allowed back to the Pit if so.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Jan Steen wrote:Over at "she who will not be named" Setár appears to be doxxing Eucliwood.

It's an attempted doxxing, but I'm pretty sure that's not her real name. Setard is just a fucking moron.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Metalogic42 wrote:

It's an attempted doxxing, but I'm pretty sure that's not her real name. Setard is just a fucking moron.
Her real name? Well, intent isn't magic, as they say.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Metalogic42 wrote:

If Eucli does indeed turn out to be a subtle and sublime troll, then I get this distinct impression of something along these lines being in Setar's near future:

[youtube]EryhQdXTjP8[/youtube]

Either way, I'm buying front row tickets for this one.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:

Her real name? Well, intent isn't magic, as they say.
Well, they've gotten a taste for it now, haven't they?

Oh, and I second the notion to let Eucli back in.

LMU

Post by LMU »

curriejean wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Should we have a moratorium on all mentions of OB for a week or two? Let her just work things out in a way which best suits her, so that she can deal with any problems she may be experiencing?
This is exactly the thing I was thinking last night. I'm not sure she's well. It's killed my ability to laugh at this facet of the situation.
You are welcome to stop mentioning OB, but I don't think it will actually change her behavior. She kept going about things franc said for a long time after he said them, so that I think that even if we disappeared tomorrow, she would still be talking about us this time next year.

treestump

Post by treestump »

She brought this on herself. She's a liar, she's a bully, and she deserves all the mockery she gets. All she ever needed to do to make this go away was to stop lying, and to stop making it all about her all the time. She's an idiot. She's like Glenn Beck or Ted Haggard; dogmatic, unapologetic, and gibbers endlessly in her stupid outbursts.

If she wants to talk about womens issues, say FGM in Africa, then fine, I doubt anyone would comment on her blog, but she insists on being a paranoid manic idiot and saying "me me me!!", so she doesn't deserve an ounce of sympathy. But she gets more hits by lying and talking shit, so she wants it this way really. They've caused massive harm to rational discourse with their censorship and out of control immaturity and fits of crying. Self-absorbed, self-centered, selfish bullies like her get what they deserve.

LMU

Post by LMU »

Wonderist wrote:--snipped--
It's a credit to Nugent's skill that he's managed to navigate these waters and avoid being witched (even Dawkins got witched! That's significant, IMO). They would have had him if he'd shown any cracks, but he's been impeccably neutral. Good on him.
Nugent is taking pains to be fair to everyone, but the lack of a witch hunt might also be due in part to the fact that they still need something from him. If he makes a similar speech a little later, at the opening words and welcome for the conference in Ireland for example, then I'd bet there'd be a stronger negative response.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

LMU wrote:
curriejean wrote:
You are welcome to stop mentioning OB, but I don't think it will actually change her behavior. She kept going about things franc said for a long time after he said them, so that I think that even if we disappeared tomorrow, she would still be talking about us this time next year.
Yes, and let's not forget, after she urged Justin to "leave her alone" she made over 30 tweets about him. On, I believe, the same day. She clearly doesn't play by the same rules. But you know what, I'm tired about talking about Ophelia anyway. She's a boring, deranged, washed up would-be author and the less I see (and hear) of her, the better.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

treestump wrote:She brought this on herself. She's a liar, she's a bully, and she deserves all the mockery she gets. All she ever needed to do to make this go away was to stop lying, and to stop making it all about her all the time. She's an idiot. She's like Glenn Beck or Ted Haggard; dogmatic, unapologetic, and gibbers endlessly in her stupid outbursts.
The lying is annoying - but complaining about a blogger going on about themselves?

You want the moon on a stick.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Same here: disagree, but I'll abide by it.

I don't comment at FtB, and I don't have a Twitter account, so it's very small potatoes compared to Vacula flying across the Pond to show up at the Dublin meeting.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

LMU wrote: Nugent is taking pains to be fair to everyone, but the lack of a witch hunt might also be due in part to the fact that they still need something from him. If he makes a similar speech a little later, at the opening words and welcome for the conference in Ireland for example, then I'd bet there'd be a stronger negative response.
Nugent should wear this while he's making his speech.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 3fe9c9.png

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Pitchguest wrote:Yes, and let's not forget, after she urged Justin to "leave her alone" she made over 30 tweets about him. On, I believe, the same day. She clearly doesn't play by the same rules. But you know what, I'm tired about talking about Ophelia anyway. She's a boring, deranged, washed up would-be author and the less I see (and hear) of her, the better.
A boring, deranged, washed up would-be author?

No!

That will not stand.

She has actually been published.

A boring, deranged, washed up mediocre author?

That's better.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

treestump wrote:They've caused massive harm to rational discourse with their censorship and out of control immaturity and fits of crying. Self-absorbed, self-centered, selfish bullies like her get what they deserve.
Sure.
Repeated speaking engagements at conferences all around the world.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Aneris wrote:
I agree, it's getting uncomfortable. She now even claims that Nugent's "thank you" is harassment. I laughed for a moment, but it actually really is problematic. For the record, I don't do anything I could dial down. I'm connected with most Slymepitters on Twitter and don't see that she is mentioned overly much. I agree, let's really leave her alone.
Bears repeating:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5322/8839 ... 143ed0.jpg

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

God help me, I keep wondering what that old man in the bookstore is like in bed

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Dave2 wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:Yes, and let's not forget, after she urged Justin to "leave her alone" she made over 30 tweets about him. On, I believe, the same day. She clearly doesn't play by the same rules. But you know what, I'm tired about talking about Ophelia anyway. She's a boring, deranged, washed up would-be author and the less I see (and hear) of her, the better.
A boring, deranged, washed up would-be author?

No!

That will not stand.

She has actually been published.

A boring, deranged, washed up mediocre author?

That's better.
Shouldn't that be:
A boring, deranged, washed up mediocre CO-author?
As far as I know she hasn't written anything under her own steam and I doubt Jeremy Stangroom will be eager to co-author with her anytime soon

WaxNapoleon

Post by WaxNapoleon »

zenbabe wrote:God help me, I keep wondering what that old man in the bookstore is like in bed
Surprisingly tender and unselfish.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

treestump wrote:

She brought this on herself. She's a liar, she's a bully, and she deserves all the mockery she gets. All she ever needed to do to make this go away was to stop lying, and to stop making it all about her all the time. She's an idiot. She's like Glenn Beck or Ted Haggard; dogmatic, unapologetic, and gibbers endlessly in her stupid outbursts.

If she wants to talk about womens issues, say FGM in Africa, then fine, I doubt anyone would comment on her blog, but she insists on being a paranoid manic idiot and saying "me me me!!", so she doesn't deserve an ounce of sympathy. But she gets more hits by lying and talking shit, so she wants it this way really. They've caused massive harm to rational discourse with their censorship and out of control immaturity and fits of crying. Self-absorbed, self-centered, selfish bullies like her get what they deserve.
I agree. Look at the number of comments ordinary posts by people like OB and Zvan attract and then do the same for their anti-Slymepit stuff. It's crickets versus a seagull colony. Generating faux drama is the only way they can still attract attention. Even for PZ you start to see the same pattern. At the same time, more and more of their former fans are being put off by their cultish behaviour. They are caught in a bad feedback loop that is probably not going to end well for them.

Consider who their most devoted, ubiquitous apologist is nowadays: oolon the Candiru! It's a sure token of decline when one of your foremost supporters is an übertroll like that.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

WaxNapoleon wrote:
zenbabe wrote:God help me, I keep wondering what that old man in the bookstore is like in bed
Surprisingly tender and unselfish.
You might be teasing but I'm agreeing at least with the unselfish bit. Ok probably tender if desired. Also perhaps some -strange-. An overall Good Time. And later, a challenge to go to a museum with. heh

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

I don't think Ophelia "deserves whatever she gets". I do, however, think she should get what she deserves. A subtle but important distinction.

Ophelia deserves the same mockery and contempt that Peezus, Svan, and the rest of the main FtB clique get, and should not get a pass because she's flaky and erratic.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Gefan wrote:
Wut?