Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Old subthreads
Struth

Re: Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Post by Struth »

Za-zen wrote:
zenbabe wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:BTW, I see McArthur Park/Chop Suey/Short Round has "enacted the labor", and is being quoted by the BBC (what is it with those maroons?), where she attempts too pull an oolon-style "LOL, I trollz U!".
Hang on.
"perform crazy"
The bbc journo is considering the idea that chop suey is a satirical genius, taking it to the next level. Somebody stick occam's razor into his head.

https://storify.com/MartinRobbins/conve ... d-blckmssh

cunt

Post by cunt »

Za-zen wrote:
cunt wrote:He's right in a way. The Slymepit has exactly the same problem that Pharyngula has when it comes to dissenting opinions. No matter how reasonable, they get pushed out and the entire thing just ends up as yet another perpetual internet circle-jerk that becomes ever more radical as goes along.

Oh yeah I hate ftb
Yeah, they suck
I hate freethoughtblogs
Here's my shitty theory about why they do what they do
Yeah they suck.. yeah suck it... here's my theory
Ughhh. Just there.

I still think Damion is a twat though.
Was that good for you? it was radical for me
Oh god. Let me show you some shit from years ago that totally shows them to be hypocrites, baby.

Struth

Post by Struth »

FWIW I definitely think it's possible that Karen Stollznow is telling the truth. We simply have no way of knowing.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

cunt wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:And to be totes completely clear ... these perps are like, totally, no question man ... just asking for it:
The attachment BeggingForIt01.jpg is no longer available
The attachment BeggingForIt04.jpg is no longer available
Haha, yeah I like the way you put a man in at the end. *See I'm an egalitarian*
Actually I had not intention of including any pictures of men when I went looking for some contrasting images between what may or may not be considered "acceptable" and "crossing the line" within a contemporary western society, but when I saw that guy I had to include him.

I would have thought that it would have been clear about varying degrees of attention seeking and subjective perceptions. One more time then?

Begging for it:
BeggingForIt06.jpg
(627.18 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
Totally begging for it:
BeggingForIt04.jpg
(487.03 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
(source of images here (see the slideshow at the bottom)

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

I don't think Damo is a twattttttttttttttttttttt, he's in agreement on the core issue of FTB being fuckwits (AFAIK), but disagrees with a lot of the positions, methodolgy, fucking around that a lot of do on the pyt.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

windy wrote:
I see that most of you don't understand weasel.

Damion isn't saying that all Pitters are in the "bitches be lying" camp, but that all the non-fence-sitters are. I'm assuming he admits that there are lots of "fence-sitters" or "undecideds" here, but if all the ones with a firm opinion are (according to him) in the "bitches be lying" camp, he thinks that's still "strongly indicative" that whatever he's accusing the Pit of this time is true.
It probably harks back to his earlier view: that there is a negative 'pit values system championed by a small group of dominant members against which the herd won't rebel. MRA+Cyber-bullying+rape tolerance appear to be defining characteristics of this unwilling group think.

I guess that's what happens when you introduce mods and have a fascist tit in charge. Ugly, very ugly.

Struth

Post by Struth »

Aneris wrote:He might be a total cunt, but he is right. The death of my parents is my worst fear. When I read of Jen's case today, I felt only sympathy.

I would like to echo your sentiments.

cunt

Post by cunt »

AndrewV69 wrote:
cunt wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:And to be totes completely clear ... these perps are like, totally, no question man ... just asking for it:
BeggingForIt01.jpg
BeggingForIt04.jpg
Haha, yeah I like the way you put a man in at the end. *See I'm an egalitarian*
Actually I had not intention of including any pictures of men when I went looking for some contrasting images between what may or may not be considered "acceptable" and "crossing the line" within a contemporary western society, but when I saw that guy I had to include him.

I would have thought that it would have been clear about varying degrees of attention seeking and subjective perceptions. One more time then?
Oh of course I believe you. Thousands wouldn't.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

cunt wrote:He's right in a way. The Slymepit has exactly the same problem that Pharyngula has when it comes to dissenting opinions. No matter how reasonable, they get pushed out and the entire thing just ends up as yet another perpetual internet circle-jerk that becomes ever more radical as goes along.

Oh yeah I hate ftb
Yeah, they suck
I hate freethoughtblogs
Ughhh. Just there.

At least some justification for your argument, although I might point out a very salient and significant if not defining difference: seems that nobody who signed on as a member has actually been banned, although I suppose you might argue that Wonderist and Eucliwood are in somewhat of a gray area.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Struth wrote:
Aneris wrote:He might be a total cunt, but he is right. The death of my parents is my worst fear. When I read of Jen's case today, I felt only sympathy.

I would like to echo your sentiments.
For her every day must have felt like a bitter Halloween.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Steersman wrote:

Oh yeah I hate ftb
Yeah, they suck
I hate freethoughtblogs
Ughhh. Just there.

At least some justification for your argument, although I might point out a very salient and significant if not defining difference: seems that nobody who signed on as a member has actually been banned, although I suppose you might argue that Wonderist and Eucliwood are in somewhat of a gray area.
Its not much of a grey area. Eucliwood was banned. As far as I remember wonderist was confined to his own sub-forum.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Oh yeah I hate ftb
Yeah, they suck
I hate freethoughtblogs
Ughhh. Just there.

Fringe dweller.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

cunt wrote:
Steersman wrote:

Oh yeah I hate ftb
Yeah, they suck
I hate freethoughtblogs
Ughhh. Just there.

Its not much of a grey area. Eucliwood was banned. As far as I remember wonderist was confined to his own sub-forum.
Wonderist was a sub forum

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Za-zen wrote:
cunt wrote:
Steersman wrote: At least some justification for your argument, although I might point out a very salient and significant if not defining difference: seems that nobody who signed on as a member has actually been banned, although I suppose you might argue that Wonderist and Eucliwood are in somewhat of a gray area.
Wonderist was a sub forum
Wonderist was threatened with subforum, temp-banned, and shadow-unbanned. He chose not to return, though it was made quite clear that he was welcome to, IIRC

Parody Accountant

Cunt are you always drunk when you post here, or am I projecting?

cunt

Post by cunt »

Parody Accountant wrote:Cunt are you always drunk when you post here, or am I projecting?

Course I am. This place is a toilet.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

free thoughtpolice wrote:I recall where people here were talking about how men have it worse in some ways because they do dangerous jobs that women don't. It turns out jobs like logging, oil drilling, etc. aren't dangerous in themselves, it's the fact that they are male dominated and the resulting hyper-masculine attitudes result in the jobs being dangerous.
SallyStrange

2 April 2014 at 11:47 am (UTC -5)

better workplace safety practises and more job creation in the manufacturing and construction sectors.

Again, this is only a men’s issue to the extent that there’s a cultural preconception that women don’t belong in these fields.

Actually, it’s a men’s issue in another way, too: research into worker safety on oil rigs (a heavily male-dominated field) showed that in order for men to stop getting hurt, they would have to abandon their hyper-masculine, macho attitudes. These macho attitudes disdained common safety procedures as less than masculine and derided men who got hurt or expressed concern about getting hurt as weaklings, pussies… like women, you know.

You NEVER hear MRAs talking about how such exaggerated, toxic masculinity leads to bad health outcomes for men. You do hear feminists talking about it.
:bjarte:

Yes, there is NOTHING inherently dangerous about working on an oil rig or cutting down trees. It's totes all those men eating beef jerky and calling each other fags for wearing hard hats, earplugs and safety goggles.

Even if she's just saying "toxic masculinity" contributes to this problem rather than creates it, she's still a fucking loon. No man I have ever met who works with dangerous tools will deride another man for wearing safety equipment and trying not to die.

A mind poisoned by Social Justice Jism apparently has no room for reality.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

cunt wrote:
Steersman wrote:

Oh yeah I hate ftb
Yeah, they suck
I hate freethoughtblogs
Ughhh. Just there.

Eucliwood was underage - no forum in the US could simultaneously allow her in and contain the content that is posted here.
Eucliwood also had no self control and made threatened making false accusations against people.

Neither of those have much to do with free speech issues.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

cunt wrote:
Steersman wrote: At least some justification for your argument, although I might point out a very salient and significant if not defining difference: seems that nobody who signed on as a member has actually been banned, although I suppose you might argue that Wonderist and Eucliwood are in somewhat of a gray area.
Eucliwood was banned for being underage and making herself a potential legal liability for Lsuoma with her behavior. Wonderist was let out of his cage after a few hours, after Lsuoma simmered down, and then left of his own accord.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

windy wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
Skep tickle wrote: <snip>
(The "bitches be lying" was his comment, though in quotes in his tweet. I added the Koolaid part, hence it wasn't in quotes in my comment you quoted above.)
So then I'm guessing this clown basically thinks there are two positions on sexual harassment and assault accusations: "believe all victims" and "bitchez be lying".
I see that most of you don't understand weasel.

Damion isn't saying that all Pitters are in the "bitches be lying" camp, but that all the non-fence-sitters are. I'm assuming he admits that there are lots of "fence-sitters" or "undecideds" here, but if all the ones with a firm opinion are (according to him) in the "bitches be lying" camp, he thinks that's still "strongly indicative" that whatever he's accusing the Pit of this time is true.
Yea, I had kind of noticed and wondered about his phrasing there as well; seems to me that he is being a little more careful these days about qualifying his criticisms, at least since several of us objected to his Slymepitters Celebrate Doxxing BlockBot Mods Storify. Reminds me of something from Pinker which highlights the problematic nature of a lack of care, being charitable, in being adequately precise in our language:
The taboo on human nature has not just put blinkers on researchers but turned any discussion of it into a heresy that must be stamped out. Many writers are so desperate to discredit any suggestion of an innate human constitution that they have thrown logic and civility out the window. Elementary distinctions – “some” versus “all”, “probable” versus “always”, “is” versus “ought” – are eagerly flouted to paint human nature as an extremist doctrine and thereby steer readers away from it. [The Blank Slate: The Modern Denial of Human Nature; pg x]
Somewhat apropos, another case of that, this time something from the APA President Diane Halpern that Guestus Aurelius linked to recently:
A relatively recent paradigm shows just how complicated sex differences can be. Several different researchers examined the way sex differences vary as a function of the gender equality across societies. Consider the finding that, in more gender-equal societies, females perform as well as males in mathematics (7), much better than males in reading (7), and much worse than males in visuospatial tasks (5). No simple theory, such as the hypothesis that sex differences reflect societal norms or that gender-equal societies will reduce all sex differences, can explain this pattern of results.
While she seems to recognize that there are differences that segregate or cluster by sex, I find her phrasing there terribly ambiguous and likely to lead astray those who might have an axe or two to grind: No, “females ... [do not perform] much better than males in reading”; some females do, maybe even a majority; the same way that most men are taller than most women – but that hardly obviates the fact that a not insignificant percentage of women are taller than many men. Fun with Dick and Jane and statistics and precise uses of words ....

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Parody Accountant wrote: Wonderist was threatened with subforum, temp-banned, and shadow-unbanned. He chose not to return, though it was made quite clear that he was welcome to, IIRC
Wonderist was only briefly quarantined and never banned. As I recall many people had a problem with the quarantine as it was against the spirit of this place. Hell, even I voiced my disapproval and I can't stand the tedious pedantic twat. In any case, he is free to come back any time he wishes.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Gumby wrote:
cunt wrote:
Eucliwood was banned for being underage and making herself a potential legal liability for Lsuoma with her behavior. Wonderist was let out of his cage after a few hours, after Lsuoma simmered down, and then left of his own accord.
Not really relevant to the point since neither Eucliwood or Wonderist deviated far from the slymepit narrative.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

cunt

Post by cunt »

Hey, Damion is a fence sitter. I'm against you fuckers at this point.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/02/opinion/s ... index.html

:roll:

Hope this writer never makes it past "adjunct professor." What a stupid fucking asshole.

Here is a gem:
Many of Colbert's defenders have been asking why Park and her followers should get to decide what Colbert can and cannot say? Who cares what they think?

Colbert should care what they think. Park and her followers represent a point of view that Colbert takes himself to be speaking for, liberals, racial minorities, the underprivileged. As a privileged white male, Colbert (just like the character he plays) gets his license to use what would otherwise be outrageous language because of his associations to those communities themselves.
So Park and her brigade of hypersensitive twits "represent [the] point of view ... [of] liberals, racial minorities, [and] the underprivileged"? Really? Did you poll "liberals, racial minorities, [and] the underprivileged" to see if they overwhelmingly agree with Park? Methinks not, and methinks your generalization is wrong and frankly more racist and offensive by far than Colbert's satire.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

cunt wrote:
Oh yeah I hate ftb
Yeah, they suck
I hate freethoughtblogs
Ughhh. Just there.

I still think Damion is a
twat though.

Parody Accountant

Eucliwood most certainly did deviate from the norm here... requesting dick pics, demonstrating similar clarence sex-offender-baiting on twitter.

That was a no-brainer.

cunt

Post by cunt »

You suck your shitty twat?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

cunt wrote:Hey, Damion is a fence sitter. I'm a gainst you fuckers at this point.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Fair enough myk.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/02/opinion/s ... index.html

:roll:

Hope this writer never makes it past "adjunct professor." What a stupid fucking asshole.

Here is a gem:
Many of Colbert's defenders have been asking why Park and her followers should get to decide what Colbert can and cannot say? Who cares what they think?

Colbert should care what they think. Park and her followers represent a point of view that Colbert takes himself to be speaking for, liberals, racial minorities, the underprivileged. As a privileged white male, Colbert (just like the character he plays) gets his license to use what would otherwise be outrageous language because of his associations to those communities themselves.
So Park and her brigade of hypersensitive twits "represent [the] point of view ... [of] liberals, racial minorities, [and] the underprivileged"? Really? Did you poll "liberals, racial minorities, [and] the underprivileged" to see if they overwhelmingly agree with Park? Methinks not, and methinks your generalization is wrong and frankly more racist and offensive by far than Colbert's satire.
I've been sprinkling comments all over that page for the last couple of hours. Schiller is getting thoroughly blasted in the comment section. He has all the hallmarks of a social justice warrior cupcake. My initial contribution:
Mr. Schiller, you are naive beyond belief, and cowardly to boot. Neither Colbert nor anyone else should feel the need to apologize when lazy, faux-outrage-manufacturing Twitter slacktivists try to inflame passions with their ignorant, context-free shrieking. If you truly are that easily influenced by cheap attention-grabbing tactics in social media, and are so easily cowed by those who desperately try to find offense in anything without even doing any context-checking - then may I suggest you are a shallow thinker and not qualified to be a professor in anything. If everyone had to apologize because someone, somewhere didn't do their research and decided to be mindlessly outraged, then civilization would grind to a halt.

Parody Accountant

cunt wrote:Hey, Damion is a fence sitter. I'm against you fuckers at this point.
You are one of the mascots of this place, you dumb cunt. You are openly celebrated by some, even though you express your hatred / contempt / boredom of their adoration. You judgmental little shit.

I like you, but it's probably because I'm always drunk too.

cunt yawns in 3,2,1...

cunt

Post by cunt »

Devastating.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Parody Accountant wrote:
cunt wrote:Hey, Damion is a fence sitter. I'm against you fuckers at this point.
You are one of the mascots of this place, you dumb cunt. You are openly celebrated by some, even though you express your hatred / contempt / boredom of their adoration. You judgmental little shit.

cunt yawns in 3,2,1...
Yes. I'm awful, and i'm a drunken twat. Either sue me, shut the fuck up or deal with it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

windy wrote:I see that most of you don't understand weasel.

What about all the face-sitters?

While we're on the subject: hey you monolithic Slymepitter bloc, have you stopped doxxing and fat shaming yet? Have you stopped beating your wives?

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Steersman wrote:
Somewhat apropos, another case of that, this time something from the APA President Diane Halpern that Guestus Aurelius linked to recently:
A relatively recent paradigm shows just how complicated sex differences can be. Several different researchers examined the way sex differences vary as a function of the gender equality across societies. Consider the finding that, in more gender-equal societies, females perform as well as males in mathematics (7), much better than males in reading (7), and much worse than males in visuospatial tasks (5). No simple theory, such as the hypothesis that sex differences reflect societal norms or that gender-equal societies will reduce all sex differences, can explain this pattern of results.
While she seems to recognize that there are differences that segregate or cluster by sex, I find her phrasing there terribly ambiguous and likely to lead astray those who might have an axe or two to grind: No, “females ... [do not perform] much better than males in reading”; some females do, maybe even a majority; the same way that most men are taller than most women – but that hardly obviates the fact that a not insignificant percentage of women are taller than many men. Fun with Dick and Jane and statistics and precise uses of words ....
I see your point, but I don't find it "terribly ambiguous"—surely "on average" is implied?

Parody Accountant

cunt wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:

cunt yawns in 3,2,1...
Yes. I'm awful, and i'm a drunken twat. Either sue me, shut the fuck up or deal with it.
Why? I'm amused by you in the same way I'm amused by this guy

http://janit.iki.fi/shit/beer-o-clock.gif

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
windy wrote:I see that most of you don't understand weasel.

What about all the face-sitters?

While we're on the subject: hey you monolithic Slymepitter bloc, have you stopped doxxing and fat shaming yet? Have you stopped beating your wives?
I am divorced. The Lord is merciful. Allahu Akba!

(if there was one thing that would make me believe in God/Allah(swt), fall on my knees and give praise and thanks that would be it ... not even kidding either)

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

People take shit differently. I didn't cry at either of my parents' deaths - my dad when I was 17, my mother when I was 27. I miss them, and wish we'd had more time together, but that's it.

When I was younger than seven or eight I used to lie in bed awake thinking about them dying until I burst into tears.

Folks are different.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

cunt wrote:
Steersman wrote:

Oh yeah I hate ftb
Yeah, they suck
I hate freethoughtblogs
Ughhh. Just there.

No, not a grey. Eucliwood was banned after making what I deemed public threats to a person about calling in law enforcement to investigate alleged sexually inappropriate interactions with another pitter, after claiming she was legally not an adult. I took legal advice there from my sister in law, who works as an attorney in child protective services in a county in WA state.

Wonderbore was totally asking for it. No apologies there. Boring 'tard.